4.3/5 (189 ratings)

About Lexington Law

Lexington Law is a firm focused on credit repair. Its services revolve around removing inaccurate or questionable negative items listed on your credit report through credit report analysis, credit disputes, dispute escalation and credit score analysis.

Pros

• Free consultation
  • Straightforward service plans
  • Online chat available

Cons

• Pricier than some competitors
  • May charge for additional reports

Bottom Line

Lexington Law helps clients improve low credit scores. Fees are higher than those of some competitors, but new clients get a free consultation. The company employs lawyers to help execute credit repair services.

Lexington Law Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexington Law?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexington Law?

Page 65 Reviews 1895 - 1925
Original review: April 24, 2014

I spoke to this company a few weeks ago about credit repairing. They said it would be 12.99 to obtain all three reports from the bureaus. And I have to pay that upfront and I can just have a consultation to decide if I want to proceed with services. They ask me to type agree in a text message and send it to them. So I spoke with a "paralegal" about disputing things on my credit and after not feeling comfortable with what I was hearing I decided not to proceed with services. Bam, two weeks later guess what comes off my account?? 99.95.

They proceeded to tell me because I spoke with a paralegal that I agreed to try their services... They also said they sent verification letters to reporters without my permission. I called them disputing this information and they basically told me, "Oh well," that they would cancel any future service but I couldn't get a refund. They are not accredited with BBB. Beware of this company. There's no one to file a report with.

Original review: April 22, 2014

I'm very upset with this law firm. When I signed up for the service, I was told it was a month to month program and I could cancel the first 10 days of the payment date for that month and services would end the following month. So I did that. I cancel after I made the payment for the next month to be cancelled. They cancelled me the month I just paid for and didn't get the month I had paid for and was told my account had been closed and I wouldn't get the next 30 days so I gave them $99.95 for no work the next month for nothing. The way they explain it to you when you sign up is misleading or even a lie. I don't want anyone else to lose money to this law firm. Do not use Lexington Law firm. They take advantage of people needing help and to set it all off I asked them about the work that's been done. They couldn't tell me.

We all work hard for our money and don't need to be scammed by someone that is there to help. I WARN EVERY BODY TO STAY AWAY. Don't waste or have your money taken by these people and the bottom line my credit report didn't get any better. 3 months and they didn't do what they said they would. This gives all lawyers a bad name. Don't be fooled like I was and I have no one to help me get my money back. They are scammers. Don't call this company. In the past 3 years, they have had over 400 complaints. I didn't do my home work. If I had saw that first, I would have never called. I was stupid for not doing my research first. Don't make the same screw up as I.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: April 19, 2014

About Lexington law crooks at Utah. Just letting people know that this company is a scam. I called them. I got charged about $13 by a guy name Paulino, who I couldn't understand, but okay. Then I simply said to the guy, "I'm done, I don't want to do business with you," and our conversation got cut-off so I thought that was it. Week or so after, I was checking my bank statement and I notice about $100 from them. I immediately call them and they say, "Well, we begun working on your credit." How you can work on my credit and I didn't tell you to do anything other than take $13 for the credit check report. "Well, we tried to contact you." Contact me, I told that idiot Paulino that I'm done. "Well I'm sorry but we begun working on your credit and there is nothing I can do." I think I said enough about this crooks, so please don't do anything with this thieves.

Original review: April 11, 2014

Called to get pricing. Told me it would be 49.95 to get started for my husband and I both. I gave them my banking info and at the end of the conversation, they then told me it would be 49.95 for each of us. I said then I did not want to proceed. Lexington Law charged my account 49.95 to my acct even though I told them I did not want to proceed. If they do something this crooked, then I will never use them.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: April 10, 2014

They couldn't even get the most minor credit inquiry off my report to help my score. Only AFTER I submitted my credit report to Lexington Law upon first signing up - some mysterious negative item that has nothing to do with me, and which had NEVER before appeared on my report till that day, showed up suddenly and they made it disappear quickly with ease. But, it had no impact on my credit score though. I wondered if they hire a company to put it there so they can take it off quickly and justify themselves as having been productive? Questionable...

As for the original negative items I had hired them to dispute... Not a single one of them was removed. I wasted $600 on nothing. When I tried to get a refund they put me on hold for a long time, kept transferring me around, and ultimately refused any responsibility for failure of services. They kept saying that they did their job by mailing out requests for removal of items to the 3 bureaus. But did they? They couldn't offer me any proof when I asked for it. Scam? Absolutely... You can send letters yourself... Why pay them, and who knows how much they actually did... No way to know what your money is buying you.

Original review: April 8, 2014

They told me they were challenging certain negative information on my reports, but they were not sending the challenge letters until I asked them to snail mail, and email me copies of those challenge letters with the dates that they were sent ... It's been more than 30 days and still no email, or snail mail. Nothing was removed from my reports either. I was very angry, so I still gave them 5 more days to send the copies and dates sent. Still nothing. I cancelled on their website and called and cancelled. My billing day was the 11th of the month, and I cancelled on the 8th after complaints on the 3rd and 4th. They told me they were going to Bill me another $100.00 on the 11th anyways. I was livid!!!!! I was only with them 27 days.

Original review: March 30, 2014

Like most others on this site I was lured into the promise of cleaning up my credit so it would be easier for me to obtain a home loan. After signing up in October, one item was removed in January I believe. I was not aware of this item and was pleased as it appeared they were working on my case. However, the one item I wanted disputed was never addressed. After further research the item they had "removed" was taken off because I had paid it fully and the business reported to the credit bureau. Interesting. After four months with these predators I was in no better condition than when I started. Then, as a member (not sure the level of my membership it was 99.95/month) I received my weekly account update text message with a "D" rating on debt to income ratio stating I had 82% of available funds utilized.

The problem with this is the balance on my credit cards had not shown payments that had been made for the last 2 months (I only have 2 credit cards and one has had a balance of $0. For a month and a half. The other card has 30% usage with no late or missed payments). When I tried to contact Lexington Law to correct this mistake I was on hold for 45 minutes. When the call went through I heard a beep then hello then dead silence. This happened again when I called right back including the 45 minute wait time. Frustrated I sent an email for someone to call me to fix this, still nothing. Then I received ANOTHER update with the same errant information. I emailed again the next day still nothing.

In the meantime, I needed to purchase a vehicle because my other vehicle was totaled in an accident. Imagine my surprise when the dealership told me my credit was fine and actually over 100 points higher than I was led to believe with these weekly updates. I had no problem getting financing at a great rate. Finally, I emailed asking to close out my account, no response. So I sent another email asking to confirm my account was closed or I would be contacting the BBB. What do you know? A prompt response!! I was informed I could only cancel through their secure website or via phone. Of course I went with the website only to be denied access to the link that was provided in the email so... back to the phones. After an hour and a half on hold I finally talked to a rep. that stated per my request my account had been closed and a confirmation email had been sent to my account the previous day.

While on the phone I checked my email and I had no such email. She assured me my account was closed and no future payments would be taken from my account. Upon hanging up the phone I called my bank and asked for a stop payment on any future payments to Lexington Law. Then, two hours later I sent an email from my account to Lexington Law informing them my bank was informed to stop future payment and I wanted confirmation my account was closed. Ten minutes later I received the elusive account cancellation confirmation email only AFTER I sent an email from my personal account copying myself for future reference if necessary.

In summary I paid this company for four months and got absolutely ZERO service from them. This would be equivalent to me owning a hot dog stand, having someone pay me for a hot dog and giving them a packet of mustard with the promise of a hot dog. The one item that I thought I needed their help with is being handled by me and should be cleared up in two weeks - I contacted the company myself. Why couldn't Lexington Law do this in 4 months?? DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: March 27, 2014

I am going to sue your company. First your company took money out of my account for no reason. I paid for a credit check not for your company services. Besides it haven't been a month yet. I thought a billing cycle is 30days. The main thing is your company sent emails to the wrong email address with my personal information on it. That's a lawsuit. Your company screwed up and I am going to sue on them grounds along. Where is that in your contracts.

Original review: March 26, 2014

I signed up for the premier package at a cost of $100 per month. After 7 months they have made 5 deletions total. Not 5 deleted lines, 5 individual deletions from 1 credit reporting company, which means nothing. All 5 were still on the other credit reports, so in effect, they meant nothing. I would never recommend this company unless you want to spend a lot of money and get little results.

Original review: March 25, 2014

I signed up for Lexington Law in October of 2013. At that time I was promised I would be in a position to buy my home come March/April of this year. Over the course of my experience, I experienced some removals which I was overjoyed about as I have been trying to do this by myself for a year prior. I had paid off some debts and sent the paperwork to Lexington. I kept asking why these were not coming off my credit and got a scripted "they do not have incentive to keep them on your report once paid." OK so why didn't they fall off?

So I waited and the longer I waited, the more frustrated I became even after my credit score DROPPED 100 points! I immediately called to find out what the problem was and got the scripted "they have no incentive...blah blah blah". So recently I got a returned letter from them and I was appalled. It looked like a 5th grader wrote the letter and they were signing my name to it. Ok. I didn't remember signing a POA. I also noticed things that had dropped off my report had started to come back (I am not talking stuff that wasn't paid off-I had actually paid these accounts off and they were coming back!), I asked Lexington about this and again I got a scripted response.

I started looking into reviews and found this site and got nervous because some of the people on here spent over 2000 dollars to these people. I did find White Jacobs and Associates on here. I called them and told me that basically Lexington had messed up my credit quite a bit but could help me. They did not ask for money upfront but asked for a credit report to go over with the attorney. I was charged a reasonable fee for a retainer, told it would take about 4 months to fix and got a money back guarantee. I have also been told that they sue the creditors and if they win, we split the winnings 50/50 - Really? Cool! I was happy because it was more than I started with. It is also cheaper per month than Lexington. If they can't help you in a 6 month period, they do not sign you up. I am impressed with this company so far.

I would say take Lexington Law at your own risk. When I canceled I had their 'Senior Paralegal' tell me that no one can guarantee that the stuff will come off because it would be like guaranteeing a murderer that they will get off. OK. I told her that she might want to relay that to their call center. I take this as a lesson learned. Use them at your own risk.

Original review: March 24, 2014

First talked with Mr. ** at the firm and convinced me they could help. I explained my situation which was that me and my wife had scores over 700+ but we wanted to refinance our home but also had late payments due to a home we sold and paid off the bank that had started a deed in lieu, which created payments not made because for the bank to accept the deed in lieu, we had to be behind in payments and not to make anymore, so they had to report late payments. The deed in lieu process started in 11/2010 and we closed on the home 3/10/2011 and made the bank whole. The credit was affected and we knew it would be but by doing a deed in lieu it would hurt the least around 2/3 years. We also had a second on the same home by the same bank (B.O.A.) so we have two negatives from the same bank on the same mortgage. The mortgage was showing 30/120/150 days late; the line of credit shows 30/90 days late.

I thought there was a chance Lexington law could possibly help increase our score so we would get a better rate on a refi. What happened after that was as soon as they sent out letters, our scores went down by 70-90 points. My wife was livid. When I called Lexington, they said that after the dispute was over, the score will go back up. As of right now, 3/24/14, our scores are 663 from 712/708 and no one can tell us why.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: March 17, 2014

I signed up with the law firm, and when I did, I advised them that there was just ONE thing on my credit report I needed help with because I couldn't get anywhere doing it alone. I signed up in November 2013 and paid an outrageous amount. I sent them all my documents via fax. A month later, they charged me for another month and they hadn't even BEGUN to start work on the one item I needed to come off.

I called and complained they said they never received the information and I had to submit it all again. Another month goes by and still nothing, they were spending their time working on a $60 Verizon bill on my report instead of the major LIEN I had from the IRS that was cleared up and Experian wouldn't take it off. Every time I called they PROMISED me they would get it taken care of, and every time I called I spoke with a different person that made me keep resending my info.

After 4 months of this, paying 100 a month, I finally told them to stop and cancel my account. After that they sent me an email asking me to fill out a form for the IRS to get a lien release, I ALREADY HAD THE LIEN RELEASE THAT I SENT THEM 4 MONTHS AGO. This is how unorganized and backwards this company is. They are total scammers and because they are a "LAW" firm, you will have NO RIGHTS. I asked for a refund because nothing was done on my account and didn't feel I should have paid them ANYTHING and of course they refused. I don't think this company should even be in in business, all they do is take your money every month. $100.00 a month for nothing but aggravation. Oh and also, after I signed up they continued to call my home trying to get me to purchase their services, they called me 4 times and each time I had to tell them I am already a customer. HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!

Original review: March 7, 2014

I initially signed up with Lexington Law, provided all the information requested, gave my credit card information and then they told me I had three days to cancel. Well then I started reading the reviews online and their ratings and Lexington Law sounded like a big rip off. So I called and spoke with a very sympathetic rep, she was polite, no high pressure retention tactics, was genuinely concerned, and even though I was very skeptical and thought for sure after reading the reviews that they were still going to charge my credit card after the 3 days. This rep stated that she had cancelled my agreement and I would not be charged and apologized and invited me back. Well I sat on pins and needles hoping that my cancellation was not going to start a huge battle with them and after reading those horrible reviews, I just knew that I would have to eventually cancel my credit card. They never charged me a Penny and kept their word. I was relieved and surprised, I have since gone to White Jacobs, they are expensive but I have already saw immediate results. I am still early into this process, but I am hopeful.

Original review: March 6, 2014

I signed up with Lexington law about 6 months ago and of course I was sold the most expensive package they had the, "concord premiere", 100.00 a month. I'm ok with that, so time goes by and little by little they have had things removed and I was satisfied. When it came time to look for houses for myself, I ran into a problem. Banks or any lender's WILL NOT consider you if you have disputes on any accounts on your credit reports. Lexington law does not tell you this, but they do know about it!!! Their trick is, if you dispute an account it is taken off of your credit report and then analyzed by whomever, well this "Helps" your credit score because it seems like that particular disputed account doesn't exist, hence your credit score rises.

So, needless to say that the lender who told me this said that Lexington law is the number one problem. He is seeing across the board causing people to not get approved because of their tactics, banks are picking up on this and don't like it. Lexington law is jumping through hoops trying to make money at your expense but not telling the entire truth. Now when I called LL and told them I was applying for a home loan but was having a problem, the woman immediately knew what I was going to say. Ha ha, they do know the crap their stirring up! So I asked her to please UN-DISPUTE three specific accounts for me.

Reply: "sir we don't un-dispute accounts for clients". This is what I got from this, so you will help indirectly screw my chance of being approved for a home loan up with MY MONEY, but will NOT help me correct it with MY MONEY!!!! She said it will fall off and the disputes will go away. NOT true, you have to write a letter saying that you do not dispute these accounts. Would it not make sense that if you dispute, then you must un-dispute. This is my home lender stating that he has seen this many times, and he has un-disputed accounts for people because LL wouldn't! So now, I'm, "trying" to cancel my membership. 12.95 report watch is what I downgraded to last week with LL. Today I logged in to get their contact number and called them and stated that I would like to cancel. It was pleasant at first until I was told I would have to pay the 12.95 before cancelling. Why? I already payed 100.00 on the 19th last month. Oh our billing cycle is different and you missed it by one day. What?! I feel that I have made my case against LL.

Original review: March 6, 2014

It took a few seconds to get someone on the phone to talk about signing up, but to cancel I had wait over 30 minutes on hold. Then when you finally get someone on the phone, they try to sell you other products. It took me over an hour to cancel.

Original review: March 4, 2014

After almost a year of paying $99 per month, Lexington has not been able to make any substantial progress. Progress that has been made was the result of actions I'd taken on my own. Also, I recently requested and obtained letters that were sent by Lexington Law on my behalf. These look as if they were written by 6th graders. At this point, I'm of the belief that Lexington Law is one big scam. And the results of my case is proof.

Original review: March 4, 2014

I started with Lexington a while ago and haven't been with them for some time, because I had 3 late pays and one collection account on my report. So I signed up with them didn't really track what they was doing cause I'm busy, I work, have a family. But I got an email one day, checked my transunion report and equifax and all was deleted. One was still on Experian. So I stayed with them another month, pulled the report again and it was deleted.

I then called them closed my case and we went from there. I don't know about these other reviews, because I had a great a experience with them. I mean I hope I never have to clear up my credit again, but if I do, I wouldn't mind hiring them again. One other thing I'll add is a lot of these reviews are about purchasing homes but I'll tell you one thing, it was a great feeling having my credit pulled for the home I purchased and knowing there was nothing on there hurting it!!! Hope this review is useful thanks Lexington!!

Original review: March 1, 2014

I was called by Lexington law, a day I was in pain from neck injury. After hearing him go on for 30 min I went and gave them my credit card # they charged me $14.95 which cleared the bank yesterday. I called back today to cancel as they said they were going to charge me $99.99 March 6th. Today is the 27th of Feb. They tell me, "Oh we will have to get $99.99 March 6th as we have sent out 3 letters." I researched my credit myself and have some medical and one stupid health club charge, a place I NEVER SET FOOT IN... NATIONAL FITNESS... HCOAA... TOTAL SCAM. I have 12 small charges totaling $1,800.00. They tell me it will take at least 6 months to help get SOME of this cleared up. That's one third of my total outstanding debts!!!!

Hell, you can do all this yourself without being charged a dime. After all I have read about Lexington Law and their terrible satisfaction rating, I wish I would have never answered the phone. I AM nervous about them having my card number and them telling me over and over, you can cancel at any time. I CAN? THEN HOW COME YOU TELL ME I HAVE TO PAY THE MARCH 6TH PAYMENT!!! Wouldn't you wait until March 6th to see if I wanted to continue?

Original review: March 1, 2014

I needed help fixing my credit due to economic reverses so I heard about Lexington Law Firm. So I called and they told me they could help me and I would be pleased with their results. I signed up and began paying..... months passed.... kept paying.... More time went by..... always paid..... results = 0. When I asked why no results, they said "no guarantees" so.... sorry. Please look for other alternatives to this place. There must be someone out there that can help, but this place is not it. In trying to look for other complains and reviews on this company, all links lead to their website with their positive ads and promises of good credit scores. Don't believe it. Walk away.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Feb. 24, 2014

I signed up for Lexington law through Creditkarma.com earlier this month around 8 pm and reluctantly someone that late was able to assist me. They charged me $13 to get a full credit report which I thought was odd because by law you are entitled to a free credit report once a year. They got me to sign my sister up at the same time.

After that, I never received any username or password for their so called client site. I had 5 days of a trial period before they would charge me. Called and email for 2 days and no action was done until I was told that paralegals were the only ones that can provide that information, which they were only available until 6 pm. I was supposedly forwarded to one after 9 pm prior days before when I first signed up. This already seemed sketchy. The funny thing was, I figured out my username and password by going to the site and clicking that I forgot them, so that the information would be resent to my email.

After all this, I figured that Lexington law may not be a legitimate source for credit repair. On the third day of my trial period, I research for consumer complaints and realized that they are another scam, out to get your money on something you can do yourself. I called and cancelled mine and my sisters "membership" before they could charge. After looking at all the bad reviews, I read someone mentioning White Jacobs and Associates and signed up.

It's been a week so far and I'm hoping promising changes. The legal consultant that I spoke to was very knowledgeable and explained to me the tactics and profits made from bad debt. By law, a law firm is only allowed to work on your credit report for 180 days (6 months). That is why Lexington law and all these other credit repair firms sign you up for a "membership" to keep you on longer to make money off you. You know when you have a legitimate law firm when they ask you to sign documents and power of attorney forms.

These credit repair companies only dispute by sending letters to credit report agencies in different fonts and sizes to confuse scanners when received. Well, they've gotten more sophisticated and these tactics won't work anymore. You're better off going to the websites of each credit reporting agency and select "dispute" to dispute reporting a yourself. Keep in mind that this temporary deletion and collection agencies are getting more aggressive to make more money off you, as the laws become more restrictive on them.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2014

I was charged more than I was quoted for services. Company doesn't want to honor a requested refund. I originally went to Karmacredit.com for information on my credit. I noticed an inaccuracy and while researching the issue, there was a banner ad for Lexington Law on the site which I clicked on, thinking it was related to Karmacredit. I called the number and spoke with Brian who said that he can assist and offer with the matter for a one time charge of $12.99. He reiterated this amount several times after I asked him to confirm. Subsequently, I noticed several charges from Lexington Law totaling $119.99. I called several times on 2/22/14 to question this and I was told that I signed up for service that has a monthly fee. I asked to cancel everything which was done, however, I was told I am not getting a refund. I would like assistance in obtaining a full refund due to the gross misrepresentation of the charges. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2014

All Lexington Law seems to be interested in is taking money from your bank account bank. Fortunately for me they have the wrong banking information; otherwise, I would be out a lot of money for no service.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2014

Came to them for help with ONE 30 day late payment item. 8 months and $900 later they have failed to report any progress whatsoever. The website looks nice with all the tools available, but in reality there is no substance or anything to help you understand what is actually happening. I sent several emails over a period of 2 weeks, forwarding credit documents and asking specific questions. I did not get any responses.... When I complained about this, they stated they had not received any of my emails... When I forwarded them all of the emails I had sent, they said, "Oh sorry for the inconvenience." I have since cancelled with them, but considering the horror stories I have read, am waiting for something to bite me in the ass. I did get a confirmation # and email about the cancellation...time will tell. For those in dire straits, this program may be a good last resort, but for minor blemishes...this is a waste of money. The overall communication w/ LL is horrible.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2014

Lexington did little to repair my credit score even after spending $2000. As a matter of fact my credit score did go down while using their services. They promise much more than they provide. If I continued with them I suspect I would have spent thousand of dollars before seeing any sizable improvement. I just think that they are unable to accomplish what they promise without spending several thousands of dollars, even then I don't know if they can! And they don't stop charging after discontinuing their services!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2014

At first, for two years I have been pleased and very satisfied with the service that Lexington Law provided. With their assistance I was able to raise my score almost 200 points in a very short time period. However, a few months ago I lost my job and was unable to pay, so I tried to cancel my membership, however they instead informed me of their deferment program. I happily agreed, as at the time I did not want to lose their services.

Once the deferment was over, they changed my payment date without notice and they ran the card they had on file - which was a closed account after I lost my job. I quickly remedied the situation by paying them with another card (I did not save the card information to my profile). They had applied another $20 to my account and were calling me three times a day to collect. Apparently it was a hidden fee that again, was not communicated to me. In another email, I requested to cancel my account, the response again was to explain their hidden fees.

I sent about five emails requesting my account be terminated. They applied the fees to my card (again, I did not save my information nor did I approve them using the card at all), applied another fee of $59.95 to the card, then sent me an email stating I needed to follow a link back to the site to cancel my account. The link took me to a dummy landing page on their site. I called the toll free number also given to be bounced from line to line. They charged fees to a card I did not authorize them to use, and refuse to cancel my account. They offer a great service, however, their customer service is rude, and treats the clients like imbeciles...

Original review: Jan. 30, 2014

I joined Lexington Law firm in July 2013 as a tool to improve my credit. I DID agree to a free trial and was promised that my credit report would be improved. I soon realized this firm was continuing to charge me $99.95 per month even after I notified them to cancel my membership. All the incorrect information magically has started to reappear on my credit report. It seems the credit bureaus are working with Lexington Law by adding incorrect information after same information was removed during the time one is enrolled in the Lexington Law program.

Once the Lexington Law account is closed is when I noticed erroneous information appearing on my credit reporting bureaus. Beware of Lexington Law on their credit repairing tactics. And once they obtain your credit card information they continue to add charges by charging credit reports to your credit card on file.

No response received
Original review: Jan. 15, 2014

I was a former employee of Lexington Law for 2 years and I am here to tell you the truth about their services and their sales tactics. First, they say that their services are a month to month service, what they don't tell you is that their "work fee" payment of $99.95 is NOT the same thing as the first monthly payment. So in reality, it's not $99.95 a month, it's actually $200.00 for that first month of service.

Another thing, you are NOT speaking to actual Paralegals. This is a call center and the majority of the company's employees are in their early 20s, not college educated, and probably can't qualify for advanced financing that their clients are seeking, nor do they have knowledge about finances or credit repair. These sales agents are paid strictly on commission and will do anything to sell you on an experience Lexington cannot provide. Also, the attorneys at the firm have nothing to do with your case and will never speak to you or be involved. The business model is all turn and burn, form driven garbage.

Finally, good luck canceling your case in a painless or effortless manner. Canceling the services will be the equivalent of a rectal examination. They will upsell you, "accidentally" hang up on you, and "misplace" or be unable to locate your file and have to get back to you. Please do NOT use this service... You will more than likely feel that you overpaid for the services being rendered and there is a good chance you will be promised or made to believe something that the company cannot deliver on.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2014

They said the first payment was $99 plus $25 to pull the credit report, which you had to pull yourself and give them the case # for it. After the first month, they had removed 3 items off all 3 credit bureaus, but after losing my job, I was no longer able to afford them. Was going to cancel it, and they talked me into going into the alert program for $12.99. I called on the day of my bill cycle, I was still charged $99 so you can say I paid $200 for 1 month because they said the first payment was a retainer, which they failed to tell me in the beginning! What some **!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2014

Cancelled 6 months ago and they continue to charge my credit card. I tell them I understand mistakes happen, I just expect them to fix the problem and the lady says, "Well you still got the service." She said 7 things were taken off, I laughed and said yes 7 inquiries were taken off and you have nothing to do with that, they come off yearly. They try to manipulate their words and what they do to confuse you. I told her the $200 Overcharge was worth arguing with her and she said "okay" and hung up on me. Very disrespectful she was, very unprofessional, plenty of other companies out there to try. You have to call Lexington Law at least 2x a month to keep them going on your account or they forget about you. If I can get 1 person to not yo-yo this company and save them time and money, I did my part.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2014

Lexington Law came up on the web when I was on another page. I filled out the form and they contacted us about credit repair. We initially agreed to use them but then read the reviews on them and they were bad. Called them and told them we didn't want to use them and went to the bank the same day and did a stop payment. Lo and behold they tried to get a payment from our account anyway. We have spent hours on the phone trying to take care of this. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!

Lexington Law Company Information