Roni Deutch

North Highlands, CA

Compare Legal Services

Research top Legal Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Back in 2008 I received a call from the IRS. I owed a lot of money and they were threatening to garnish my wages. I called my wife to try and set up something to help with this and we decided to call Roni Deutch. Well, 3,000.00 later and lots of paperwork and some very harsh phone calls when we couldn't make a payment at the time, we found out from the IRS that we had been scammed. We had a visit with the IRS and got my tax issues resolved. I found out last night that this law firm is up and running again. I even talked with a guy there and told him what happened. He tried to explain to me that it was the California Attorney General who was the blame for us losing our money by shutting them down. This is an absolute travesty of justice and scamming at its best. Everyone beware of these clowns. If they can let Roni Deutch back in business, they may as well let Bernie Madoff out of jail and back on Wall Street.

I want to thank this firm for saving me thousands in back taxes. I would really have been in trouble big time if it weren't for them. So thank you so much. I really do appreciate what you did for me.

A few years ago my husband contacted Roni Lynn Deutch tax firm. We paid $3500 for her to help us. I had to do ALL the work month after month. We started out with 11,000 in debt. They never would let us come to their offices and we never were able to speak with her. We continued to have levy garnishments and she would then pacify the situation. After the firm continued to never do anything and about three years she sent us a letter stating she could no longer help us as we have more assets than debt. That 11000 turned into 60000 with all the penalties and fines that accrued. We ended up hiring a real tax attorney and now the nightmare is over.

Years ago I called and was told they would fix everything for $1500 up front via Western Union. For approximately 60-90 days I was happy, but then the IRS harassment returned. Now because of interest and fees I owe more than the original $13,000. I very unsuccessfully tried to contact them repeatedly to no avail. I pray justice is served on that law firm. Now the tax lien is preventing me from the American dream of purchasing my first home. All my belongings are in storage, but if needed I will definitely find that order number.

I had tax problems and needed a solution, and I found Roni Deutch law firm online, and made the phone call. They were easy to deal with, and I sent them my information, and my money, as they deal with the IRS on many other cases with great results, according to their advertisement. They charged me $2,500, but they managed to get my taxes in a "can not collect", and I finally had peace of mind as the IRS were, and still are extremely aggressive with pursuing collecting my taxes.

The IRS did not contact me for 60 days, and then the IRS started calling me numerous times each week, so I contacted Roni Deutch law firm again and told them the IRS is on my back again, and I was told that I was not their client anymore as they did solve my tax problem. I said that their results were short lived, and they said if I want their help then send $2,500. I was very upset and told them to return my money so I can send the $2,500 to the IRS, and they hung up on me!

I was trying to buy a house for my self and my disabled son, and I just found out today that I have a tax lien, and can not buy a small house for us, and the closing is May 28, 2015. So I was curious if I googled Roni Deutch what would I find? She has swindled many others as well! Sorry, I do not have an order number, as this was probably 2008 or 2009, and I have been dealing with a severely disabled son who was hit by a drunk driver (4th time DUI woman) head-on in an MVA, as I am his caretaker 24/7. I had to retire early as I was a teacher for the City of Boston for 25 years. At the time I was living in Taunton Ma. Well, I am upset about the Lien as I do not recall any communication from the IRS, but most of all my son was very excited about purchasing this little house, and that dream was crushed today after a title search. I am sure my old bank would help me find the check I wrote to Roni Deutch, and I will do so if contacted.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roni Deutch?

After paying approx. $2000 to her firm without any resolution to my tax issue. I called the IRS and with about one hour and thirty minutes I had my issue handled. All the the Deutch firm did was file a "Power of Attorney" with the IRS. I was constantly bombarded with forms that were to be returned to them with the same information I provided them many times over. Plus in most cases I had to forward them overnight at an extra cost to me. Only now have I found out she has been sued, in the amount of $34 million dollars. And had to surrender her license. If there is any restitution to those who were taken advantage of by her firm. I would like my name added to the list.

I seen Roni's ads so I contacted her office to help me with a tax issue. After a couple of months I was not getting any answers and IRS was still coming after me so I start calling her office and I was always getting the run around but no answers. I was then informed that i was going to be dropped from my plan if didn't continue making my payments. I completed my payments to her, I continued calling her office just to hear them tell me that there was nothing they could do to help me so they were closing out my case. I was so upset that I called IRS to see what was going on and was told that nothing had been done on my behalf from Roni Deutch's office. I tried calling them back but they stopped answering my calls. I pray that God will make them pay everyone they ripped off and caused heart ache, pain and suffering back a 100 fold because I was single and barely getting by.

I borrowed the money just to be ripped off by the Devil. God is good all the time because payback is coming to her. Vengeance is the Lord's. I pray that she feels convicted if she knows God.

This email is going out to anyone whose been scammed by Roni Deutch. For many years, consumers paid the Law Offices of Roni Deutch thousands in fees to resolve tax issues, yet countless individuals were left with bigger tax problems than they started with. I know firsthand because my husband and I were scammed in the very same way by this person and her law firm! In case you are not aware, you can contact The State Bar of California by mail. The office is located at 1149 South Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90015-2299. The phone number to request an application for reimbursement is (213) 765-1140. But you must have proof of the relationship (agreement) with Roni Deutch and receipts of payment(s) (your financial loss!). I cannot guarantee any positive outcome in your case, but it is surely worth a try! I wish anyone and everyone all the best regarding this very unfortunate matter!

This was several years ago but I paid them over and over again for processing James Vaughn Taxes but they would either say you need to get this paper or fill out this form or waiting for the IRS to communicate with us, which eventually came down to they wouldn't accept the offer. They kept me going for almost a year, has to be a whole year! I understand there is a class action suit somewhere regarding this horrible person. I am still trying to get from under the mess she has put me in. I also noticed that their commercial said not in New York area. I questioned them and they said it was a mistake. Please help me retrieve my money back and her under the jail. I paid them $5,000. This company is terrible! Thank you!

Back taxes owed to the federal government. I was told to pay $2800 to Roni Deutch and that would put me in a non-collective status. Today, I still get letters from the IRS. I owed the IRS $37,000. A lawyer I talked to told me to pay them $2800 and I would be left alone.

We hired Roni L. Deutch to get our tax debt down. And $4,000.00 and 4 yrs later, they had done nothing for us. The last communication from them was a letter saying, "We are sorry, but we will no longer be able to represent you." I had sent them all the requested info, and on time, which amounts to an 8" stack! Yes, we are mad.

On April 28, 2006, I paid $500 for services. I was interviewed and completed the lengthy paperwork. Phone calls were never returned and no service was given. I have a bank statement that verifies my payment.

Defrauded me for $3,000. A sham. Repeatedly sent this company information, but they did nothing. So I am worse off than when I started. I honestly believed they would help. Just cost me over $3,000.

I paid for them to handle my tax situation with the IRS and all they did was nothing. I paid them all the monies 3,000 dollars, and they just kept stalling me this and I got ripped off. My health is bad and all I was trying to do is resolve my tax matter.

My wife and I paid Roni Deutch over $3,600.00 to help with our tax issues with the IRS after I lost my job and all financial resources were exhausted. We contacted Roni Deutch on several occasions about a refund and we were told that it would take 90 days to get a refund. We were told by the IRS that Roni Deutch did nothing about our situation and I recently learned about this class action lawsuit. 90 days has since past and no refund. I am a veteran and had not worked for 2 1/2 years. We are about to lose our house and we need that money.

I was scammed in 2002. I was told I had no recourse and it was my fault. I paid over $3,000 to have my issue resolved and nothing happened.

I was defrauded of at least 3,000 dollars by the Roni Deutch law firm in return for help with my taxes, from which I never got any kind of help.

I entered into a contract with this firm to acquire an Offer and Compromise for Federal Taxes owed to the IRS. I gave this firm $4,700 for the services and to date I have not received the services rendered. They take $380.00 per month - set up through my checking account. I have been trying to reach my assigned attorney for the last three months. Currently all my bank accounts have been levied and I have no money for food, gas for both cars, and I can't purchase my medication or pay my co-payments to visit my doctors. I also care for my mother who is ill. I am unable to care for her at this time.

Be aware of dealing with Roni Deutch tax law firm. I hired them to get a currently not collectible status with the IRS. I paid them in full before then started. I took a huge amount of effort just making sure they were calling the IRS and that they were doing something about my case. I had constantly resend paperwork. They had deadlines for me to turn paperwork in then they did not do anything with paperwork for over a month. I never worked so hard to make sure a company did what it was hired to do. The IRS literally took all my money out of a bank account then I had to call several times and fax several times the same paperwork before Roni Duetch did anything. It was literally down to a few hours (before end of business day) before I would permanently lose the money to the IRS.

Finally, the lawyer called the IRS and the IRS put the money back. It took over a year to negotiating my status. Moral: hire another company, life is too short to get that frustrated. P.S.: during the entire period Roni Deutch was hired, I was "allowed" to talk directly with my attorney 3 times. Their legal assistants are simply incompetent and will do everything so you cannot talk to their attorneys. Don't fall for their line "the attorneys are busy talking with the IRS", in over a year I spoke with an attorney only 3 times! Don’t hire Roni Deutch.

I hired this company to help me with IRS problems in Sept. 2009. Right after hiring them, the IRS contacted me to do an audit. I called Roni Deutch and explained this to them and told them to hold off on this since I was being audited. By December 2009, the IRS had solved everything and it was found that I did not owe the large amount that I had thought and I was able to work out payment with the IRS.

I immediately called Roni Deutch to cancel their services and asked for a refund since they had not done any service for me. I have been denied that refund. I had paid that company $1600.00 for nothing. I have demanded to speak with a lawyer or a manager at the least and have been refused to do this. My husband and I are on the verge of financial ruin now. The money I paid this company was really money, we did not have to spend but thought they would help us. When we found we did not need the services, they have stopped contact with us and refused refund. The stress of not being able to pay my bills because I was waiting on a refund has literally made me ill. I suffer from Crohn's Disease and stress tends to worsen the symptoms cause great physical pain. I just do not know what to do.

Roni Deutch Company Profile