TLC Laser Eye Centers

Compare LASIK Surgery Centers

Research top LASIK Surgery Centers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I went to TLC Laser Center on November 5, 2009. I had a procedure done on my left eye--I had blurry vision, and I wanted to see clearly. I went through with the surgery, and after the surgery was done, I went for my post-op visits. They kept telling me to give it time; so I did. Well, it was 7 months already, and I still saw the same and the usual doctor I always see was not there.

So I saw Dr. **. She basically told me that if she would've given me the consultation the first time, she would've advised me not to go through with the surgery, because people with my condition will never see a difference; that unless I lose my good eye, my left eye will never work. Had I known that, I would never have gone through the surgery.

I left the office really upset about what I had heard. Dr. ** called me an hour later to then try to change the story, because basically what she said about her co-worker was not right. TLC should be working as a team. Instead, I have one doctor telling me the truth and the other doctor just trying to make money. Dr. ** told me to do the surgery again. But I refused to let someone go into my eye again and probably end up ruining my eye.

I paid $2200, and I am not asking for a full refund, even though I feel like I shouldn't have to pay for anything after what was done to me. The remaining balance is $1886, and I would like a credit from TLC. I went in with blurry vision, and I came out with blurry vision. And all they want to do is go back and try to fix the problem, which I am scared of, because I do not want to lose my eye in case something goes wrong. This is a very delicate matter.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

With 20 years of experience diagnosing and performing corrective eye surgery, TLC Laser Eye Centers offer a variety of options and financing. They are the largest provider in North America, with more than 2.2 million successful procedures performed.

• Financing available: Although insurance companies don’t offer coverage for laser vision correction, TLC Laser Eye Centers work with patients to put together financing packages.
  • Lifetime commitment: TLC Laser Eye Centers offer a lifetime guarantee of their work, so any refinements needed in the future are at no-cost to the patient.
  • Experienced surgeons: As the largest and one of the oldest laser vision correction centers, TLC has the experience to accurately judge eligibility and probable success of a procedure.
  • Locations: As with any franchise, there is always the possibility of a less than stellar location. While as a whole TLC offers exceptional service, it pays to investigate individual locations.
  • Technology: Generally, newer is better with health technology, but it also comes with its share of risks. New procedures do not have the same proof of success as established procedures.
  • Best for Extremely visually impaired, The professional