1.88/5
Based on 40 reviews that contain star ratings

43 The Lasik Vision Institute Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 18, 2018

They claim they do in house financing, the contract with Healthcare Finance Direct. This finance company charged me fees even after I paid off the balance. They continue to charge me, and refuse to refund me. I paid off my bill 4 months early, and they refuse to refund me the fees they charged me for the 4 months that I don't owe them. I confirmed with them at the start of the contract that If I paid off early I would not be charged the monthly fee for the months I don't owe them. Now that I'm paid off they refuse to refund me, and continue to charge me for something I don't owe them. Lasik Vision lied to me about the terms of the financing, and the financing company has been dishonest from the beginning.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I had initially been told I had to do PRK for both eyes for my horrible vision (-8.00) and could maybe do Contoura. I went in for my surgery expecting the final round of testing after I stopped wearing contacts for 7 days and to my surprise, there were no additional tests. When I demanded another to see if I could get Contoura the nurse had an attitude and refused, saying she knew I didn't qualify. I decided to go ahead with the regular PRK treatment. Well at the last minute the surgeon decided that I could do LASIK instead (because he prefers to perform it this way) and immediately I saw the look of shock on the manager and nurses' faces but I figured they wouldn't let something be done that shouldn't. Surgery time, Dr. ** performed surgery on my right eye and talked me through the procedure... went fine. Then switched over to my left and started moving a lot faster without walking me through it anymore.

All of a sudden the suction broke (I could hear the change in noise) and the surgeon and nurse went into panic. Surgeon said they had to abort surgery and they took the clamp out of my eye and tried to convince me it was no big deal and at least my right eye could see better now. The Dr then told me he could attempt the LASIK again after the partial flap healed in 2 months. I told him I was told once you have LASIK (and do the laser cut) only PRK can ever be done after. He said PRK was an option and he could do it in 4 weeks instead of 8 weeks but he didn't prefer that method. The entire staff started sweeping the situation under the rug and rushed me out of there (since they already charged me the full $2800 and got their money).

The next day another doctor looked at my eyes and had me go through step by step what happened (what I heard, what I saw, what they said) and documented every word. Obviously, this was a big deal and they didn't want to let me know that. After this, I let everyone know in 4 weeks I wanted the PRK and a different surgeon. Everyone agreed... until the 4 weeks got closer. They stopped keeping in touch with me and every time I called and was promised a call back I had to be the one calling back. They started giving the runaround about when I can have the left eye treated and what surgeon will be willing to do it.

Finally, I was told 4 weeks later on a Sunday (I called) that I would most likely have the surgery performed by another surgeon this Friday and to go ahead and stop wearing the contact. I had to work and walk around partially blind until I called back Tuesday (since they hadn't called me) to confirm the surgery for Friday. Now I am told the other surgeon won't even consider the PRK for 3-6 months because he likes to be overly cautious even though all medical articles and the other surgeon said 2-4 weeks. I will be getting a full copy of my file, going to another LASIK company and getting a refund on half of the money that has already been charged to my credit card.

Stay away from this company!!! They only care about the money and making sure you won't sue them instead of fixing the problems they created! I also have to now plan to pay for more contacts until I get this eye corrected since glasses are no longer an option. I had the right lens replaced with a non-prescription thinking that would work for now but it doesn't. It looks like I am walking on hills if I put them on even though the left lens is my prescription. I was told this is because the glasses sit away from your eyes. I should have known this place was a crock when I got a Groupon price. You get what you pay for I guess.

Get expert buying tips about LASIK Surgery Center delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Summary: Lasik/PRK is an extremely risky surgery (not just a "procedure") that can damage your eyes permanently. The risks are absolutely not worth it. The Lasik Vision Institute in particular, is a Lasik mill that wants your money upfront and absolve themselves of any responsibility if you are damaged in the process. Your intuition is going to kick in and say "maybe I shouldn't do this" as you read through the 'mis-informed' consent papers. Listen to that little voice. Keep your glasses and contacts and don't take a chance with your eyes. They will downplay the risks and pretend that this is a quick 15 minute 'procedure' that will rid you of glasses/contacts, but just know you can have lifelong complications that they won't take any responsibility for.

Long Version: I would give anything to go back to that day and stop myself from going through with it. I had PRK performed on 23 February 2018 and it is absolutely the biggest regret of my life. I started seeing floaters about two weeks after the surgery, and I never had a problem with them before (I'm a 30 y/o woman). I now see floaters in both eyes which are extremely pronounced whenever I go outside in sunlight. Indoors (in low light) it's not as bad, but it has been very difficult trying to adapt to this new reality. I visited an eye doctor (not affiliated with The Lasik Institute) who said I don't have retinal tears. If this complication/possibility had been disclosed to me prior to the surgery, there is NO WAY I would have gone through with it.

When I called the Lasik Vision Institute, they said that it absolutely 100% was not a result of the surgery and it's probably old age. Old age?? I'm 30 y/o and had no issues with this prior to the surgery! I find it completely disingenuous and unethical that they can declare with 100% certainty that PRK has no correlation to me seeing floaters. Of course there is some correlation, and even if I did have floaters prior to the surgery, the fact is that I didn't SEE them. If the surgery has the potential to make me SEE floaters, this should have been disclosed in the paperwork and by the staff. It should have been disclosed during my pre-op examination. I would warn anyone to please stay away from this surgery. The risks are no worth it at all.

PRK is supposed to be less risky than LASIK, and here I am dealing with a life-changing alteration that completely degraded my quality of life. Familiarity breeds contempt, and although you may be tired of wearing contacts and/or glasses, imagine being able to see somewhat better but having cobwebs, black dots, squiggly lines, etc. throughout your vision for the rest of your life. Unfortunately, there is no cure or alleviation for floaters except for one type of risky/experimental surgery (vitrectomy) that is rarely performed because it leads to cataracts. This PRK surgery took away one of the few joys I have - that is, going outside to enjoy nature, looking up at a clear blue sky, looking out at the ocean scenery, hiking, taking in beautiful views, etc. It's all muddled now by these floaters that will never go away and can only get worse.

I honestly don't know how I'm going to live with this and I would warn everyone to please stay away from it. Every day I open my eyes and I'm immediately reminded of the worst decision I've ever made. Please Google/YouTube "Lasik complications", "Lasik floaters", "Morris Waxler Lasik" and "FDALasikHearingVideo" to see how common this issue is among other issues (halos, chronic dry eye pain, star bursts, double vision, etc.). Those working at The Lasik Institute are salespeople in scrubs who pitch it as though these 'symptoms' go away after a few weeks or at most 1 or 2 months. The truth is, the complications from this SURGERY (not just a 15 minute procedure) can be permanent and life-altering in an extremely negative way. They don't reveal certain complications because they can just deny that the surgery caused them, when actually there is much evidence of a correlation.

Please don't let them do you like they did me because they will over-promise in their sales pitch and under-deliver/deceive you about the results of this surgery. It has severely degraded my quality of life. In the end, LASIK/PRK is an extremely invasive procedure and can cause permanent damage or harm. What they describe as "side effects" is actually your body reacting to trauma/injury caused by the laser. Please remember that this is an irreversible decision with risks that cannot be predicted, foreseen, or the risks are willfully undisclosed (by The Lasik Institute). I hope that my story helps others carefully weigh this decision and avoid the same regret that I and so many others have.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I won't even give them one star. I went to the office in Tulsa, Ok. I was told I qualified for the customized Lasik called Contoura. I go in for surgery and hear the surgeon and his assistant say that something isn't adding up and the results between the physical exam and the Contoura results are 90% different. After already putting numbing drops in me, the surgeon sits me up and explains he is just going to go with the physical exam results. I ask him "What if they are wrong and the Contoura numbers are right?" He then takes me into an exam room and shows me what it would look like with the Contoura results. I would have been blind had he continued. We decided to go with the physical exam results.

The very next day, I could tell something was very wrong with my upclose vision. I went in for my 1 week exam and told them about my close vision. They said, "You are older. You will just need reading glasses." I then stated that I had reading glasses before but this was 10 times worse. I made him do a close up exam to compare the difference in my close vision. He kept saying, "Woah, wow that is a lot of change." To put it in perspective, I needed a .5 magnifier before and now I needed a 2.0. I can't read the text on my phone, I can't read a menu, I can't see my computer.

I went to the front office to book my next appointment and asked about the refund for the $500.00 I paid up front for the Contoura that was never used. They said they would credit me back $150.00. Something about this made me not be qualified for some other group discount. I was so frustrated I started crying about the whole process. I am in the process of trying to figure out where to go from here. The moral of this is that if you have good close vision. DO NOT have Lasik. I am already praying my eyes go back to my pre-lasik vision very quickly. The whole process was a fiasco.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I had a PRK procedure at L.V.I. over a year ago now. The results were not great. Not terrible, but not great. A lot of money spent on a mediocre outcome. So my reasons for posting this review now is that it's just nagged at me that L.V.I. never really owned up to the poor results. Also to inform people that despite the videos playing in the waiting room showing people overjoyed with perfect vision, results may vary. So I was very nearsighted, wearing contacts of -8.00 and -6.00, hence the PRK instead of standard Lasik. The surgery was supposed to leave me a little undercorrected in one eye, to improve reading. I'm 56 so was using reading glasses, but not so bad that I couldn't read without them, except maybe in a dark restaurant. And if I had my contacts out, I could read anything.

The surgery went fine, and the staff was nice, and professional so nothing but good things to say about that. Then a couple of days of itchy eyes and vision bouncing around, which was normal and expected. The only problem was, when my vision finally settled to its new level, it was significantly overcorrected, which means I'm now farsighted. My current prescription, as measured by L.V.I. themselves, is +1.25 in both eyes, not including any add for reading. That's a pretty big miss considering one eye was supposed to be undercorrected. So I spent thousands of dollars going from nearsighted to farsighted. Granted, I'm probably better off now, since I can drive and do most outdoor things without contacts, but without glasses I can't read a phone, computer, paper or anything now. And even need glasses for medium distance things like watching TV and cooking.

Ok, so sometimes things don't come out as expected. I didn't think there were any guarantees in surgery, and wasn't expecting perfect vision, but something better than this. My problem was that L.V.I. never really wanted to address the issue. By the third follow up it was pretty clear that my vision was overcorrected, but was told, "Well, let's give it a little more time." Then after more time I was told to come in and the doctor would see what could be done. I was hoping my vision could be tweaked back to the missed target. It probably can be. Anyway, a couple more appointments, the doctor was always out. So why was I there? It's a long drive for me. More measurements, and a lot of runaround.

So why didn't they just offer to try and fix it once it was clear the target was missed? That's my real complaint. I mean, if you pay someone a lot of money and it doesn't come out right, if they're reputable, they'll stand behind their work and attempt to make it right, at no charge of course. But the closest they ever came was offering me a discount on another procedure, and even that they kind of backpedaled on. Anyway, they kept wanting me to come in for more measurements without actually offering anything. So I felt like I was wasting time and gas and eventually just wrote an e-mail stating that I wanted to know if they were going to correct the mistake without charge. Never heard another word from them. And of course no one likes being ignored. So the bottom line of this review is that in my experience, L.V.I. doesn't stand behind their work.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Lasik Vision Institute?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

They were all nice and lovey dovey, till they got my money, then they changed drastically. I had to drive 2.5 hours (Durham to Charlotte) to have my procedures. After the procedures, I couldn't and still can't see clearly out of my right eye. I have an appointment AGAIN tomorrow, for another evaluation, before I can have my procedure, and they called me today and tried to reschedule my appointment, because tomorrow is a "surgery” day. Didn't they know it was a surgery day when they booked my appointment? When I refused to delay my appointment, they told me that it may take a while because of the surgery day. Hopefully, one more evaluation and then one more surgery. We will see. BOTTOMLINE, I WOULD RECOMMEND EVERYONE TO STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THESE GUYS AS POSSIBLE.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

This company should have a Class Action Lawsuit against it for wasting mine and surely many others time with the FRAUDULENT radio advertisement in reference to ONLY $250 per eye to have perfect vision once again... My vision to see far is perfect however reading up close has begun to fail and things are getting blurry therefore heard the commercial and figured I could do away with my "cheater" glasses and get my vision fixed with Lasik as advertised. I spent a little over 2hrs at their office and went through all of their testing phases involved with their drawn out consultation only to find out that it would be $1800 per eye therefore instead of the expected $500 (which I knew sounded "too good to be true") it would be $3600 which "they claim is discounted from the normal $4800 fee"... Unbelievable!

I asked what happened to the special they are running which I constantly advertised for the $250 per eye and they stated that it "only applies" to specific cases... Before they even told me the total price of $3600, I already figured that it what it was going to be as for I was listening to every phone call coming in to the secretary when I was in the lobby and she would ask their name, then place them on hold telling them she is going to get their file which I never seen her get, then get back on the phone and tell them "let's see here... Ummm it says it will be $1800 per eye" and then someone else would call inquiring about their previous consultation and she would tell them the same thing but act as if they were an "individual situation". WHAT A RIP OFF SCAM! It should be AGAINST THE LAW for them to advertise like they do just to get you in for the Free consultation! Someone needs to shut them down on this one!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I went to the LASIK Vision Institute in Albany, NY about 2 years ago. I had extremely bad vision (contact prescription -9.5 with astigmatism) for many years and didn’t want to rely on glasses and contacts anymore. They were quick, efficient, took measurements many times to make sure they were adjusting properly, and had me scheduled for PRK in about a week. My vision was great right away and perfect after healing. Two years later and I still see great with no problems. I can’t believe it took me so long to make the change. I highly recommend the LASIK Vision Institute to anyone!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I drove 2 hours to get my surgery that was prearranged 2 weeks prior. After I arrived they told me the Surgeon had to take a flight home (he had scheduled his flight with no regard to my appt). Said most people don't show. Then they raised the cost of my procedure $400 and said they would discount that $400 back off for the inconvenience if I rescheduled. What kind of baloney is that. I wouldn't let these guys touch my eyes now if it were free. My insurance endorses them so maybe a different office but not the Charlotte one as they are liars and cheats.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Had my Lasik Eye Surgery completed 1 weeks ago and can say that I am totally impressed. I was very apprehensive to begin with but because I got a good deal on financing, I moved forward with the procedure and glad I did!!! I had PRK done and, yes there was some pain (probably more of an irritation than pain) for the first couple of days but that is going to be a given based on the procedure, but a safer method. Everyone was so nice and helpful, and explained everything from beginning to end of what was going to take place. All of the staff were highly customer oriented, friendly, and very professional, could not have asked for better service. My only regret is that I did not get it done sooner.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Lynne was working with me and she was so patient and caring. I appreciated the fact that she didn't just rush thru everything. She made sure the lens was the right one and explained the process. It made me feel very comfortable and appreciated as a new patient. Looking forward to my procedure and the upcoming visits.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Well when I went to get LASIK surgery I was very excited to get the surgery like everyone else in the reviews. They took me to my general appointment to see if I qualified which did and the set me up for a appointment the following week. Not once did anyone tell me how painful the next 24 hours would be. I sat blinded for at least 16 hours after the surgery going through extreme pain. I took some ** which they don't prescribe pain medication. I went to the doctor the following day who tell me that my body is rejecting to surgery. That my white blood cells keep attacking the surgery and that I have to talk to my original doctor. They set me a appointment for Monday to meet with Dr. **.

I go there for them to tell me that my eyes is inflamed and that he has to open the flap and clean the white blood cells. What? Another 24 hour day being blind. Mind you no one ever mention these type of complications. Today is the day after the cleaning and it's still blurry in the main inflamed eye. I'm praying everything goes back to normal. I'll be going to see oh well talk to them this morning. I will let you all know the results. I am so far unhappy with the procedure. Hopefully this isn't permanent and I can have the same 20/20 vision I paid 3000.00 to get. Pray for me and thanks for listening.

Original review: July 14, 2017

Horrible unethical business damaged my eyes and left me disabled and with PTSD from the pain. I was not properly screened for pre surgery. Severe dry eyes floaters and horrible vision a result. Beware.

Original review: May 29, 2017

Had my Lasik Eye Surgery today and this place is awesome all around. I have never had something go so smooth especially since I had a consultation, then had to do in-house financing, and finished with the actual surgery. Everyone was so nice and helpful. It's been 8 hours and I can already see perfectly and I'm not in any pain or have any discomfort. I would definitely recommend this place and procedure to anyone!!! Also anyone saying that it took an extended period of time waiting is just complaining. It clearly states in your paperwork to plan on being there from 2-4 hours and it could be longer depending on how busy they are. So disregard any review about time because they were made aware of it before the day of their surgery.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I just completed my last appointment with Dr. Melissa ** and although the process was long I can that I am 100% satisfied! My vision is better than 20/20 and I am thrilled with the results. BUT, it does require patience and believing that although the process of healing is long and frustrating you will see 20/20 within 4-5 months! Worth it if you think of years of great vision!

Original review: May 26, 2017

The surgery was painful and my eyes were hurting two days after surgery. I had dry eyes for months. They sold me punctual plugs before I even had the surgery (I didn't know that was bad until now). Two years later my eyes never reached 20/20 which is what I had with contacts/glasses. I paid for the lifetime warranty but it seems they have no intention of giving me an "enhancement". It took a month of me calling to get an appointment set up for an exam to see if I'm eligible for an enhancement. It's been almost three months since my exam and I haven't heard a thing. Every time I call I get asked for my name and number and am told that someone will call me back. I have yet to receive a call back in my over two years of dealing with this place. Yay Lasik Vision Institute of Tampa.

Original review: April 27, 2017

The commercials on tv saying $299 per eye is **! When I checked into getting my eyes done they quoted me $3000 an eye!! The girl I talked with even told me she didn't know why they advertise $299. It's all lies and a scam!! BEWARE!!! I rather spend $150 every other year on glasses.

Original review: March 16, 2017

I went in for Lasik surgery in October 2015. I never met the surgeon before surgery and when I did it was a 5 minute chat telling me about the procedure and how good my vision was about to become. Well my vision never got better than about 20/35 vision. A year later they performed touch up surgery but changed to PRK as he felt this was a better procedure. Besides the slow recovery time I would be in pain everyday for the past 6 months. I now have extreme dry eyes when I sleep and the eyelids stick to the cornea and during R.E.M. sleep it rips a layer of skin off my cornea. Eyes are extremely sensitive to light now. My vision goes from ok to terrible. I went from perfect reading vision to 20/200 and even with reading glasses I can't read for long anymore as I get bad headaches and blurry vision. My night vision has become worse as time goes on, and my left eye vision is still only around 20/30.

They then prescribe ** which after insurance was going to cost me $5,200 a year (more than the surgery). Then they offered to refund have my surgery if I signed a waiver letting them have no responsibility for anything they did. I have since gone to be of the top surgeons in the world who gave me a list of mistakes made, but says he could still repairs my eyes, my farsightedness, vision to 20/10 and eyes healthy fixing oil ducts in eyelids and tear ducks. The problem is the cost is double to fix someone else's work.

I asked Lasik Vision to take responsibility and only pay for whatever procedures I need done to fix my vision. It has just started to become ugly. The office manager is very defensive. Their payoff offer is not an omission of guilt according to them but I don't know what it is then. They didn't want to correct my extreme dry eyes using MGP probably because the cost is $3,000 just to get my oil ducts open so just trying to buy me off. At this point I may have to engaged a law firm, but not my intentions. Just want my vision back and to be pain free. I won't let Dr. Ivan ** touch my eyes again. He speaks well and knows all the medical terms but actions speak louder than words.

Original review: March 9, 2017

It only took the institute 2 minutes to take money from my checking account. I changed my mind about getting procedure. Now they tell me I won't get a refund for 6 weeks because they are in Florida.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I had both eyes done last year, and although I'm happy with the result, the customer service is the worst. Once I came for an appointment and the place was closed. No phone call to let me know that, and when I called the center's 800 number I was told someone will be there shortly... No one ever showed. Then on my next appointment they were backed up already early in the morning... Poor scheduling, so I had to reschedule again as I had another Dr's appointment later that morning. Also they never call to confirm appointments, which is bad if you have a f/u for 6-12 month out. If you miss them you may void your warranty... which makes me wonder if this is the intent. If I had to do it all over again... the surgery yes... but not at Lasik Vision Institute.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

What a joke. They have people still sitting here that had appointments at 9 am and 10 am. It is now almost 4 pm. Their excuse - "this is the busiest time of the year for us". If that's the case don't schedule this many people. Freaking people wasted my and my kids whole day. The employees might have a smile on their face but they do not have a clue what's going on or how long it will take. All they say is that the surgeon is slow. Come on people. This is the 21st century. Don't come up with lame excuse. Just get your ** together. If anyone is planning to use this place for their surgery I would recommend a picnic basket, a phone charger and lots of patience. Smh!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

The Consultation and Surgery was same day. After talking with tech and surgeon it seemed to get rushed. I was told next day would be able to see and they put the plugs in and that was supposed to make it heal better. I was in pain, my eyes burning, lost a week from work. Eyes burned 3 months after surgery. Went back even before the Saturday to get regular check-up. They just kept saying it was going to take time to heal. I could not even see to go to work. They had me come back and tried putting a contact in the one eye. Bad idea. It was miserable. I could not see. Every time I have gone back to let them check my eyes they just say it just needs to heal and I should have chose something else - that there is nothing they can do. They even sent me a contact in the mail to try. Now keep in mind I should not be using glasses and I have never had contacts.

I have now lost vision to where I cannot read tape measure or nail anything. I have 5 different reading glasses and none work. Went back the other day. The surgeon said "Oh well. Guess we can just give you eyeglass prescriptions." And of course I have to pay for new glasses. It is a joke. I do a lot of fine work and I did model cars and things. I cannot get an eye lash out of my eye. I have lost my sight to do the things I did and they do not care. Just called the Corporate office and no callback. It has been August 26, 2016 since my surgery and nothing has been done. I regret the day I walked in and got this done. And I still have to pay for the screw-up. Don't do it.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

Both my wife and myself had vision correction by this Corporation and we were both sold the lifetime adjustment warranty which I believe they never intended to honor, because we were both given the exact same excuse which was that the eye flap was too thin for another procedure. The interesting part is that my wife went in three years ago and I just went in this year. Now mind you no one warns you of that possibility when they sell the warranty. This is how my experience was when I went in this year.

First I called and spoke to someone about the warranty I had purchased for the vision correction that was performed about 9 years ago. I was told that they would have to get the records from head office and that they would call me back. After waiting a week I had to call them back to be told that they had no record of the call that I made. This is where I believe that they start their stall tactics because after apologizing they gave me an appointment to go in and have my eyes checked at their office. The eye exam having been performed I was informed that they would take care of the adjustment needed but that the Doctor would have to review my file and they would call me back within a week.

After waiting a week and getting the standard operating procedure of not receiving a call back, I called them back several days in a row at different times of the day to be able to speak to the same person that was taking care of my file, because every time that I called she was always busy and was told to leave a message, naturally the messages that I left were never replied to so I kept calling until I one day was lucky enough to have the same girl that I had been trying to reach answer the phone and now start the lies. I asked why she hadn't returned my messages to be told that she never got them. She continues on to say that it takes at least two weeks for the Doctor to review my file which is a lie, since she had said that it would only be a few days.

After listening to the lies I had had enough and asked to speak to a manager. Now comes the manager’s lies, assuming that I was speaking to a manager. I really don't know for sure. After explaining the situation to her she responds that it usually takes the Doctor a month to review a file. After I insisted that this was unacceptable, she puts me on hold and a minute later comes back on the phone to now inform me that the Doctor had reviewed my file and that the flap of my eye was now too thin and that he would like to see me in six months time. Now it becomes obvious that this Corporations tactic is to stall and then they revert to lying with no intention of honoring a warranty that they had sold me, hoping that people just get tired of trying and go away. Unacceptable customer service.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

Was scheduled to have lasik and at the last minute was changed to PRK. Recovery time and post op instructions were not discussed prior to completing surgery. Complications arose from surgery and when contacting the provided phone number for on-call physicians, the number was disconnected. After an hour of searching was finally able to obtain working number and the doctor argued with me on the phone about my complications. I called back the next day to speak with the on call provider again as complications continued and the office manager returned the call, presenting herself as the on call provider. When concerns were voiced about the numerous issues, staff argued with me and told me that they had done absolutely nothing wrong. They have very limited clinic hours that you can schedule follow up appointments and the doctors aren't even there until an hour into the clinic hours.

Have reached out to Customer Service and Corporate with no resolution. I have also asked to be seen at another clinic and was told the other clinics I would have to pay out of pocket to be seen or drive over 200 miles each direction to see another provider who won't charge me for continued care. I have asked to be seen at other times and told that I am a "nasty person" and that there was no further help that they could provide me even though I have not been medically cleared by a doctor and still require additional follow-up. Had I known this was the way patients were treated for a paid service, I never would have had surgery through The Lasik Vision Institute.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

I got Lasik on both my eyes in 2011 from LASIK Vision Institute in Oklahoma City. I paid for the EXTRA price package with enhancements and so called Lifetime Guarantee. Paid $2800. I then had to have BOTH eyes enhanced in 2012. Things seemed ok with my left eye and it actually healed up pretty clear. Unfortunately my right eye still never healed up with any clear vision. I wore contacts prior to this procedure and the contacts were actually more clear than having this crappy "clarity misleading" procedure.

Only reason why I wanted Lasik is because I'm a hunter and I got tired of my contacts burning when I had to put them in at 4 am every time I got up early to hunt. Anyways... went for my annual follow up in 2013 and requested a look and potential enhancement on my right eye again... was told my eye wasn't bad enough for an enhancement. Went to f/u appointments in 2014 and 2015 and requested the same... and got the same response.

Meanwhile I have to pay $99 for each visit. So... here we are in 2016 and I contemplated even going back and getting ripped off another $99 to just be told NO on being eligible for a touch up. But I went just the other day and I explained again that my right eye is blurry and that I can't read street signs, my computer screen, books, etc... I even explained that I get headaches because my eyes are in a constant battle with each other on trying to focus since they aren't the same. I was told they would have the doctor review it and call me. I get a call back, but not from the doctor, and was told that my eyes actually look great and that I'm seeing 20/20 and that they don't see anything wrong with my eye. I explained that I was told in 2015 that I was seeing 20/25 out of my right eye and I said that my vision is worse now in 2016... and I said I don't see how my vision could be BETTER???

I was told that they think my right eye is better than last year and that they think my eye is just dry. WOW!!! They "think"!!! So I have blurry vision on just that one eye for the last 4 years since last enhancement and it's all due to being dry?? Riiiiiiight... I even asked the office rep on the phone what the requirements are for a touch up and she said that the only requirement is if there is a need for one and that they don't see a need for me. So I paid $2800 and $400 for the last 4 annual exams to now be out of pocket $3,200 and to still not have clear vision?? Good times!! So you might ask why I kept even going back and paying the $99... well they hook you by saying that if you don't get a dilated exam each year (by either them or someone else) then it voids your lifetime guarantee. Well what's the purpose of a guarantee when it's not enforced!!!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

Would like for my wife to be able to see. She has been wearing glasses since she was 2 years old and I thought it would be nice to shop around and see what laser eye surgery is recommended and if it can be done. First place we tried for consultation is the Lasik Vision Institute here in Ontario, CA. Went in for consultation. Price seems reasonable. However went through an intensive 3 hour appointment to get to the final exam where they dilate her eyes. The doctor asks her name. Nope. The paperwork they had been working up on her had someone else's name on it. Someone that didn't even have an appointment that day. After some more waiting and their scrambling to find out how that happened, we were surely not feeling very confident about this place now. I am not recommending this place. However, we did not go very far in the process.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

Shady company, shady surgeons, and very shady employees. The company runs a questionable business. Some centers are involved with controlled medications fraud to support physicians addiction. People are herded like cattles. Staff is hired directly from sales background with zero Ophthalmology or health knowledge. Usually cell phone Representatives or car dealerships staff to promote beyond unethical practices nationwide. No one ever qualifies for the $299 per eye promotional price. It is a hook to get people in. MDs and ODs have previous records for malpractice. Do your homeworks, read reviews from past employees in specific online sites.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2016

I had corrective lasik eye surgery done for astigmatism and close up. I chose the monovision. The first my eyesight was good. Here it is a year and half later I have blurry vision. I've been back for 2 follow up visits they keep trying to blame it on glaucoma and cataracts. I went to my optometrist. She did test for glaucoma. I even went for the advance testing for glaucoma she found none. As far as cataracts my eye doctor only found a hint of one. The Doctors at Lasik Vision Institute Dr ** says that's what is affecting my eyesight. They keep avoiding or not wanting to do anything about correcting this. I paid $2800 for this surgery with no satisfaction. I wish I'd done my research. The reviews I have read have the similar problem.

Original review: July 19, 2016

I did my consultations and agreed on a price, but on the day that I came in to pay they convinced me that I needed to get the plugs to prevent drainage (the purpose is to keep the eyes lubricated). They said one of the side effects after the surgery is dry eyes, and this would help so I bought it for an extra $300. It was useless.

The price I paid covered any enhancement within the first year. The surgery was completed and within the first few months I noticed that my left eye was still a little bit blurry. I spoke with the doctor during the follow-up meetings and she confirmed that there was still a little bit of astigmatism left but give it a few months before we do any enhancements and her enhancement record was low and she does not want to break it. Long story short, I am approaching one year since the surgery and they want to charge me for the follow-up and any enhancements would be an additional cost. Don't get me wrong, the surgery did improve my vision, but the practice that these people are engaged in are absolutely ridiculous.

Original review: June 3, 2016

I'll admit what drew me to the Lasik Eye Institute was pricing. They are a quarter of what others charge. However, one week post-op and I'm at 20/20 in both eyes. The procedure itself was far more intense than I was expecting however it was completely painless. All of the staff were incredibly customer service oriented, very friendly, and completely professional. Dr. ** talked me through every step before, during, and after the procedure. Night time vision is still a little tougher but I'm confident this will improve as I heal. My only regret is not going to the Lasik Eye Institute and having my LASIK surgery done much much sooner.

The Lasik Vision Institute expert review by ConsumerAffairs

With more than 1 million successful procedures performed nationwide, The Lasik Vision Institute is a leading provider of laser vision correction surgeries. Their commitment to affordability helps bring the option of LASIK to everyone.

• Pricing: The Lasik Vision Institute strives to keep the costs of LASIK as reasonable as possible, helping to make it affordable for all budgets.

• Financing: Given the out-of-pocket costs associated with LASIK, it is no surprise that they offer in-house financing to make payments reasonable for any budget.

• Customized surgical procedures: Surgery is not a one-size-fits-all solution, which makes a customized option the best way to go to get the most impressive results.

• Locations: Whenever a franchise offers a service, there are always the best locations and the worst. On top of that, the doctor you meet for an initial consult may not be the surgeon performing the procedure.

• Referral rewards: By offering you a reward for sending friends to the same location, it calls into question the quality of service. If you truly believe they offer the best service, of course you will refer your friends. Offering a reward for that referral can come across as unprofessional to some consumers.

• Best for: The professional, The adventurer, Sun lovers, Extremely visually impaired

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs