The Lasik Vision Institute

Compare LASIK Surgery Centers

Research top LASIK Surgery Centers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Horrible unethical business damaged my eyes and left me disabled and with PTSD from the pain. I was not properly screened for pre surgery. Severe dry eyes floaters and horrible vision a result. Beware.

Had my Lasik Eye Surgery today and this place is awesome all around. I have never had something go so smooth especially since I had a consultation, then had to do in-house financing, and finished with the actual surgery. Everyone was so nice and helpful. It's been 8 hours and I can already see perfectly and I'm not in any pain or have any discomfort. I would definitely recommend this place and procedure to anyone!!! Also anyone saying that it took an extended period of time waiting is just complaining. It clearly states in your paperwork to plan on being there from 2-4 hours and it could be longer depending on how busy they are. So disregard any review about time because they were made aware of it before the day of their surgery.

I just completed my last appointment with Dr. Melissa ** and although the process was long I can that I am 100% satisfied! My vision is better than 20/20 and I am thrilled with the results. BUT, it does require patience and believing that although the process of healing is long and frustrating you will see 20/20 within 4-5 months! Worth it if you think of years of great vision!

The surgery was painful and my eyes were hurting two days after surgery. I had dry eyes for months. They sold me punctual plugs before I even had the surgery (I didn't know that was bad until now). Two years later my eyes never reached 20/20 which is what I had with contacts/glasses. I paid for the lifetime warranty but it seems they have no intention of giving me an "enhancement". It took a month of me calling to get an appointment set up for an exam to see if I'm eligible for an enhancement. It's been almost three months since my exam and I haven't heard a thing. Every time I call I get asked for my name and number and am told that someone will call me back. I have yet to receive a call back in my over two years of dealing with this place. Yay Lasik Vision Institute of Tampa.

The commercials on tv saying $299 per eye is **! When I checked into getting my eyes done they quoted me $3000 an eye!! The girl I talked with even told me she didn't know why they advertise $299. It's all lies and a scam!! BEWARE!!! I rather spend $150 every other year on glasses.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Lasik Vision Institute?

Pleaseeeeeee save your money and avoid at all costs. I got my PRK done about a year and a half ago as a birthday gift to myself. And I'm only writing this now because I wish I read all these reviews before I did my surgery. The whole experience was a NIGHTMARE. I would like to give you some advice by telling you to ASK EVERY SINGLE QUESTION prior to getting your surgery. I was way too excited to have a life changing experience but ended up with the complete opposite. Not a single thing was explained to me. Nor the doctor or techs or whoever the heck works there explained to me in how much severe pain I would be in after surgery for like 3 days straight. I couldn't sleep at night because of the gashing pain in my eyes. She NEVER told me in how long I'd be able to return to my normal activity. I left working the day before thinking I'd be back on Monday, wrong. By Monday the pain was getting even worse, with the stupid "helpful" drops.

They also never told me about how dry my eyes would be like a whole year straight, consistently buying expensive lubricant eye drops and after a year and half I still feel like I have dry eyes. NONE of this I was made aware of. They are money seekers. All they want is your money. I came there, wanted a good surgeon with a somewhat affordable price. She gave me a quote and I said "ok I want to think about and look around for other surgeons in the meantime." She insisted that I made a decision today because the "deal" would "go away." Bunch of crap, you just want me say yes and have my money.

The surgeon was late for over like 2 hours. Basically killed my whole Saturday because I'm sitting around waiting to have a 5 min. procedure done. Now after a year and 5 months I have to go back to glasses, and still have a big amount of money that I still have to pay for a surgery that only made my life miserable. The results of the procedure are not nearly as good as I saw with my glasses. In fact I feel like my vision is getting worse by the day. PLEASE do your research before choosing a surgeon or a facility, and please avoid this place at all costs. Don't waste your money on this. Go on vacation. Do something better because spending this amount of money is not worth it.

I went in for Lasik surgery in October 2015. I never met the surgeon before surgery and when I did it was a 5 minute chat telling me about the procedure and how good my vision was about to become. Well my vision never got better than about 20/35 vision. A year later they performed touch up surgery but changed to PRK as he felt this was a better procedure. Besides the slow recovery time I would be in pain everyday for the past 6 months. I now have extreme dry eyes when I sleep and the eyelids stick to the cornea and during R.E.M. sleep it rips a layer of skin off my cornea. Eyes are extremely sensitive to light now. My vision goes from ok to terrible. I went from perfect reading vision to 20/200 and even with reading glasses I can't read for long anymore as I get bad headaches and blurry vision. My night vision has become worse as time goes on, and my left eye vision is still only around 20/30.

They then prescribe ** which after insurance was going to cost me $5,200 a year (more than the surgery). Then they offered to refund have my surgery if I signed a waiver letting them have no responsibility for anything they did. I have since gone to be of the top surgeons in the world who gave me a list of mistakes made, but says he could still repairs my eyes, my farsightedness, vision to 20/10 and eyes healthy fixing oil ducts in eyelids and tear ducks. The problem is the cost is double to fix someone else's work.

I asked Lasik Vision to take responsibility and only pay for whatever procedures I need done to fix my vision. It has just started to become ugly. The office manager is very defensive. Their payoff over is not an omission of guilt according to them but I don't know what it is then. They didn't want to correct my extreme dry eyes using MGP probably because the cost is $3,000 just to get my oil ducts open so just trying to buy me off. At this point I may have to engaged a law firm, but not my intentions. Just want my vision back and to be pain free. I won't let Dr. Ivan ** touch my eyes again. He speaks well and knows all the medical terms but actions speak louder than words.

It only took the institute 2 minutes to take money from my checking account. I changed my mind about getting procedure. Now they tell me I won't get a refund for 6 weeks because they are in Florida.

I had both eyes done last year, and although I'm happy with the result, the customer service is the worst. Once I came for an appointment and the place was closed. No phone call to let me know that, and when I called the center's 800 number I was told someone will be there shortly... No one ever showed. Then on my next appointment they were backed up already early in the morning... Poor scheduling, so I had to reschedule again as I had another Dr's appointment later that morning. Also they never call to confirm appointments, which is bad if you have a f/u for 6-12 month out. If you miss them you may void your warranty... which makes me wonder if this is the intent. If I had to do it all over again... the surgery yes... but not at Lasik Vision Institute.

What a joke. They have people still sitting here that had appointments at 9 am and 10 am. It is now almost 4 pm. Their excuse - "this is the busiest time of the year for us". If that's the case don't schedule this many people. Freaking people wasted my and my kids whole day. The employees might have a smile on their face but they do not have a clue what's going on or how long it will take. All they say is that the surgeon is slow. Come on people. This is the 21st century. Don't come up with lame excuse. Just get your ** together. If anyone is planning to use this place for their surgery I would recommend a picnic basket, a phone charger and lots of patience. Smh!!

The Consultation and Surgery was same day. After talking with tech and surgeon it seemed to get rushed. I was told next day would be able to see and they put the plugs in and that was supposed to make it heal better. I was in pain, my eyes burning, lost a week from work. Eyes burned 3 months after surgery. Went back even before the Saturday to get regular check-up. They just kept saying it was going to take time to heal. I could not even see to go to work. They had me come back and tried putting a contact in the one eye. Bad idea. It was miserable. I could not see. Every time I have gone back to let them check my eyes they just say it just needs to heal and I should have chose something else - that there is nothing they can do. They even sent me a contact in the mail to try. Now keep in mind I should not be using glasses and I have never had contacts.

I have now lost vision to where I cannot read tape measure or nail anything. I have 5 different reading glasses and none work. Went back the other day. The surgeon said "Oh well. Guess we can just give you eyeglass prescriptions." And of course I have to pay for new glasses. It is a joke. I do a lot of fine work and I did model cars and things. I cannot get an eye lash out of my eye. I have lost my sight to do the things I did and they do not care. Just called the Corporate office and no callback. It has been August 26, 2016 since my surgery and nothing has been done. I regret the day I walked in and got this done. And I still have to pay for the screw-up. Don't do it.

Both my wife and myself had vision correction by this Corporation and we were both sold the lifetime adjustment warranty which I believe they never intended to honor, because we were both given the exact same excuse which was that the eye flap was too thin for another procedure. The interesting part is that my wife went in three years ago and I just went in this year. Now mind you no one warns you of that possibility when they sell the warranty. This is how my experience was when I went in this year.

First I called and spoke to someone about the warranty I had purchased for the vision correction that was performed about 9 years ago. I was told that they would have to get the records from head office and that they would call me back. After waiting a week I had to call them back to be told that they had no record of the call that I made. This is where I believe that they start their stall tactics because after apologizing they gave me an appointment to go in and have my eyes checked at their office. The eye exam having been performed I was informed that they would take care of the adjustment needed but that the Doctor would have to review my file and they would call me back within a week.

After waiting a week and getting the standard operating procedure of not receiving a call back, I called them back several days in a row at different times of the day to be able to speak to the same person that was taking care of my file, because every time that I called she was always busy and was told to leave a message, naturally the messages that I left were never replied to so I kept calling until I one day was lucky enough to have the same girl that I had been trying to reach answer the phone and now start the lies. I asked why she hadn't returned my messages to be told that she never got them. She continues on to say that it takes at least two weeks for the Doctor to review my file which is a lie, since she had said that it would only be a few days.

After listening to the lies I had had enough and asked to speak to a manager. Now comes the manager’s lies, assuming that I was speaking to a manager. I really don't know for sure. After explaining the situation to her she responds that it usually takes the Doctor a month to review a file. After I insisted that this was unacceptable, she puts me on hold and a minute later comes back on the phone to now inform me that the Doctor had reviewed my file and that the flap of my eye was now too thin and that he would like to see me in six months time. Now it becomes obvious that this Corporations tactic is to stall and then they revert to lying with no intention of honoring a warranty that they had sold me, hoping that people just get tired of trying and go away. Unacceptable customer service.

Was scheduled to have lasik and at the last minute was changed to PRK. Recovery time and post op instructions were not discussed prior to completing surgery. Complications arose from surgery and when contacting the provided phone number for on-call physicians, the number was disconnected. After an hour of searching was finally able to obtain working number and the doctor argued with me on the phone about my complications. I called back the next day to speak with the on call provider again as complications continued and the office manager returned the call, presenting herself as the on call provider. When concerns were voiced about the numerous issues, staff argued with me and told me that they had done absolutely nothing wrong. They have very limited clinic hours that you can schedule follow up appointments and the doctors aren't even there until an hour into the clinic hours.

Have reached out to Customer Service and Corporate with no resolution. I have also asked to be seen at another clinic and was told the other clinics I would have to pay out of pocket to be seen or drive over 200 miles each direction to see another provider who won't charge me for continued care. I have asked to be seen at other times and told that I am a "nasty person" and that there was no further help that they could provide me even though I have not been medically cleared by a doctor and still require additional follow-up. Had I known this was the way patients were treated for a paid service, I never would have had surgery through The Lasik Vision Institute.

I got Lasik on both my eyes in 2011 from LASIK Vision Institute in Oklahoma City. I paid for the EXTRA price package with enhancements and so called Lifetime Guarantee. Paid $2800. I then had to have BOTH eyes enhanced in 2012. Things seemed ok with my left eye and it actually healed up pretty clear. Unfortunately my right eye still never healed up with any clear vision. I wore contacts prior to this procedure and the contacts were actually more clear than having this crappy "clarity misleading" procedure.

Only reason why I wanted Lasik is because I'm a hunter and I got tired of my contacts burning when I had to put them in at 4 am every time I got up early to hunt. Anyways... went for my annual follow up in 2013 and requested a look and potential enhancement on my right eye again... was told my eye wasn't bad enough for an enhancement. Went to f/u appointments in 2014 and 2015 and requested the same... and got the same response.

Meanwhile I have to pay $99 for each visit. So... here we are in 2016 and I contemplated even going back and getting ripped off another $99 to just be told NO on being eligible for a touch up. But I went just the other day and I explained again that my right eye is blurry and that I can't read street signs, my computer screen, books, etc... I even explained that I get headaches because my eyes are in a constant battle with each other on trying to focus since they aren't the same. I was told they would have the doctor review it and call me. I get a call back, but not from the doctor, and was told that my eyes actually look great and that I'm seeing 20/20 and that they don't see anything wrong with my eye. I explained that I was told in 2015 that I was seeing 20/25 out of my right eye and I said that my vision is worse now in 2016... and I said I don't see how my vision could be BETTER???

I was told that they think my right eye is better than last year and that they think my eye is just dry. WOW!!! They "think"!!! So I have blurry vision on just that one eye for the last 4 years since last enhancement and it's all due to being dry?? Riiiiiiight... I even asked the office rep on the phone what the requirements are for a touch up and she said that the only requirement is if there is a need for one and that they don't see a need for me. So I paid $2800 and $400 for the last 4 annual exams to now be out of pocket $3,200 and to still not have clear vision?? Good times!! So you might ask why I kept even going back and paying the $99... well they hook you by saying that if you don't get a dilated exam each year (by either them or someone else) then it voids your lifetime guarantee. Well what's the purpose of a guarantee when it's not enforced!!!

Would like for my wife to be able to see. She has been wearing glasses since she was 2 years old and I thought it would be nice to shop around and see what laser eye surgery is recommended and if it can be done. First place we tried for consultation is the Lasik Vision Institute here in Ontario, CA. Went in for consultation. Price seems reasonable. However went through an intensive 3 hour appointment to get to the final exam where they dilate her eyes. The doctor asks her name. Nope. The paperwork they had been working up on her had someone else's name on it. Someone that didn't even have an appointment that day. After some more waiting and their scrambling to find out how that happened, we were surely not feeling very confident about this place now. I am not recommending this place. However, we did not go very far in the process.

Shady company, shady surgeons, and very shady employees. The company runs a questionable business. Some centers are involved with controlled medications fraud to support physicians addiction. People are herded like cattles. Staff is hired directly from sales background with zero Ophthalmology or health knowledge. Usually cell phone Representatives or car dealerships staff to promote beyond unethical practices nationwide. No one ever qualifies for the $299 per eye promotional price. It is a hook to get people in. MDs and ODs have previous records for malpractice. Do your homeworks, read reviews from past employees in specific online sites.

I had corrective lasik eye surgery done for astigmatism and close up. I chose the monovision. The first my eyesight was good. Here it is a year and half later I have blurry vision. I've been back for 2 follow up visits they keep trying to blame it on glaucoma and cataracts. I went to my optometrist. She did test for glaucoma. I even went for the advance testing for glaucoma she found none. As far as cataracts my eye doctor only found a hint of one. The Doctors at Lasik Vision Institute Dr ** says that's what is affecting my eyesight. They keep avoiding or not wanting to do anything about correcting this. I paid $2800 for this surgery with no satisfaction. I wish I'd done my research. The reviews I have read have the similar problem.

I did my consultations and agreed on a price, but on the day that I came in to pay they convinced me that I needed to get the plugs to prevent drainage (the purpose is to keep the eyes lubricated). They said one of the side effects after the surgery is dry eyes, and this would help so I bought it for an extra $300. It was useless.

The price I paid covered any enhancement within the first year. The surgery was completed and within the first few months I noticed that my left eye was still a little bit blurry. I spoke with the doctor during the follow-up meetings and she confirmed that there was still a little bit of astigmatism left but give it a few months before we do any enhancements and her enhancement record was low and she does not want to break it. Long story short, I am approaching one year since the surgery and they want to charge me for the follow-up and any enhancements would be an additional cost. Don't get me wrong, the surgery did improve my vision, but the practice that these people are engaged in are absolutely ridiculous.

I'll admit what drew me to the Lasik Eye Institute was pricing. They are a quarter of what others charge. However, one week post-op and I'm at 20/20 in both eyes. The procedure itself was far more intense than I was expecting however it was completely painless. All of the staff were incredibly customer service oriented, very friendly, and completely professional. Dr. ** talked me through every step before, during, and after the procedure. Night time vision is still a little tougher but I'm confident this will improve as I heal. My only regret is not going to the Lasik Eye Institute and having my LASIK surgery done much much sooner.

I had Lasik corrective eye surgery in November 2015 to correct my distance Vision. I was able to see better. However my distance vision was still out of focus. I was told to give it time and as my eyes heal it would get better. I go to my 3 month follow up visit. The distance Vision was still a problem. The doctor tells me he'll have to tweak the original surgery and perform the surgery again. However they'll be getting a newer technology which is better and more precise, if I can wait it's supposed to arrives in April. The doctor then adds I should schedule in May because he'll be more familiar with the new equipment. So I schedule an appt on May 13th. To have my eyes dilated, wait 4hrs or so then have the surgery. Imagine my surprise when I'm told "oh no there's no surgery today." Understandably I'm upset, I have taken a day off work for nothing.

Fast forward I ask to speak to the manager - Julie **. She would not even come out to speak with me regarding this obvious miscommunication. The young lady at the front desk is acting as if I was going to harm her in some way. At no time did I threaten her or use bad language. I'm truly offended! I set up an appt for Saturday at 11:00 w/ the receptionist. The manager Julie ** then calls me about 30 mins later, supposedly after she spoke to the doctor about my case. By the way I don't believe she ever spoke to the doctor. She stated that the doctor said he doesn't recommend Lasik at this point.

I'm pissed! I go back to the office and speak to Julie regarding this sudden change. I requested an appt to speak with the doctor. She gave me the runaround then called back with an appointment in June! No customer service at all! I wish I had seen the reviews on this site prior to the surgery. These are my eyes! Per Julie the manager at my age of 47 the results I received is great. Really how about you keep your views about my age to self! I can't believe these are the kind of people that they have managing others! DO NOT GO TO THE LASIK VISION INSTITUTE IN OAKBROOK IL!!!

When I arrived at the clinic, I needed glasses for reading only. I was told that I was a candidate for monovision. I had the procedure done which was so incredibly painful, I was shocked. They said I needed both eyes done for some reason I didn't really understand. The Dr. seemed tired or overwhelmed, questioning the nurse about what I was even having done, which made me nervous. I now see fairly well for reading but they ruined my distance vision, and I have astigmatism which I did not have before. I have been back every 2 weeks for 3 months trying different things and seeing 3 different doctors.

When I finally said I was done with the whole ordeal, as I felt they were guessing what might help, I said I don't want to return again and I want my $ back for the touch up program I bought as I don't want them touching my eyes again. I received a 3 page legal form which if signed and notarized gets my money back but it had language that states that the Lasik Vision Institute wasn't even involved. It states that the Dr. is not liable and is not affiliated with the clinic either... What??? Do your research better than I did!!!

I was in need of an Enhancement for the past 8 Months. They kept postponing my surgery. I came in on my day of surgery 3 weeks ago and ready to go inside the surgical room when the manager comes out and tells me with a straight face that the Doctor won't perform the surgery because my file is not up to date and he needs to review it. I had to go through the entire dilation again. They scheduled it for 3 weeks out. I had to make arrangements to get the day's off from work. The day finally arrives, same thing happened. The doctor didn't have time to review the chart and he couldn't operate.

They were unapologetic, unprofessional. Their center manager Lily and Danielle are clueless of everything that happens in that office. I demanded to speak to the Doctor to get a better reason of why he chose not to perform a surgery that takes 5 minutes. They kept me in the office for 2 hours waiting for nothing. I left and that was the end of it. I am so reporting this company and Doctor **.

I read a few of the reviews on ConsumerAffairs and was a little apprehensive at first as the reviews seemed all to be negative. Most seemed focus on the price, but being an elective surgery not covered by insurance, I can see why there are a lot of variables for the cost of the procedure. In any case, I compared the quoted price from the Lasik Vision Institute to others and found it very competitive and during the initial consultation I found no reason to be concerned at all.

Now the amazing part, the day of surgery I literally saw at least 8 people while I waited, all getting surgery. I cannot imagine how many procedures they do, but I will tell you they do tons of procedures. There was a lot of waiting the day of the procedure, but they were very candid up front indicating it would take 2 to 4 hours the day of the procedure and mine was right in line with this timing. Finally, I have no complaints at all of my experience and I think the reviews to date do not reflect the service they offer. I would say the reviews show happy customers do not take the time to review saying they were happy. Thanks!

I was told after initial consultation they could greatly improve my reading vision (even though my vision was 30/20 at the time). On Sept. 11 2014 I had my corrective surgery, I couldn't see anything out of my right eye (which is the only one they did). I was told not to worry, that after a few days everything would be ok. After Three months and very little improvement they did a second surgery on my eye. Dr. ** (who had performed the first surgery and tried very hard to avoid me every time I came in and acted very unprofessional) performed the second surgery. At the time my vision had been 20/2300. After the second surgery my vision got worse and my eye was swollen for two months straight. I had very little support from these people. They just don't care. They assigned some salesman to try and work with me. He just kept telling me to visit the clinic but every time I went the Doctors they had no clue what to do with me.

Dr. ** was usually hiding somewhere. I had to quit my job because I was in so much pain. I had to wear an eye patch whenever I went outside. After hundreds of phone calls to their main office and the salesman they assigned to me I came to the conclusion they would not do anything for me that would cost them any money. After a year and half my eyesight has improved to 20/60. They offered to give me part of my money back if I signed a waiver. I told them all I wanted at this point was for them to pay for glasses for me for three years. I felt that was the least they could do. They refused. These people need to be out of business. Because it's so hard to sue them, they can do stuff like this and not care about people like me. DON'T GO THERE. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT PEOPLE.

I went in for a consultation after seeing a Groupon for $699 per eye. After being told that my prescription didn't qualify me for the Groupon special and I would have to pay the full price of around $3500 needless to say, I left. So fast forward 6 months later and I see a special going on for $299 per eye! I really wanted my eyes done so I decided to give it another try. No surprise I was told that I didn't qualify for the $299 special, however this time I fibbed a little and told them that when I came in previously I was approved for the $699 special and would just go ahead and do that. What do you know, they said YES! So the $699 special that I wasn't qualified for 6 months ago, I am qualified for now?!? Proving that these people would just rather get $699 per eye from me than $299 per eye or none. She tried to nonchalantly add on a $1000 insurance. Are you serious?!?! NO THANK YOU. $160 eyelid cleaner?!? NO THANK YOU, and conveniently didn't mention that the eye plugs were covered by my insurance. Don't let them take your money!

Fast forward to my last pre-op exam, the tech stated that SHE would need to order a sedative for me because of how jumpy and anxious I get when they were doing any testing on my eyes. It's the day of surgery and staff and doctor seems frazzled because they hadn't viewed my paper work prior to me coming in, since I was from the WPB office but was having it done at the Broward office. After that was all sorted out and everything was ready to go, I had asked numerous people about this sedative I was suppose to get because my anxiety was starting to kick in. Every person I asked told me that I was suppose to have taken it already if I got it and brushed it under the rug.

I am on the operating table and it is freezing to the point where I am trembling. The only person who seemed to notice was a really nice nurse who put a huge blanket on me when immediately helped. If you are not 100% comfortable with someone/something touching your eyeballs DO NOT GO HERE. The Doctor Michael ** has absolutely no patience and even at one point said "You don't want me to mess up do you?" as if I was not cooperating on purpose, and THREATENING that he could possibly mess up my eye surgery?! The whole reason for me getting this surgery was because I cannot even touch my own eyeballs to put contacts in and am sick of wearing glasses. Once again the only person who got me through this surgery from h*ll was the Hispanic nurse who was reminding me to breathe and actually talking me through each step that was happening.

My first post op visit back in WPB was interesting because I had not told anyone at either facility how rude the doctor was yet the first the tech said was "I'm sorry about the doctor" which means that they clearly know how he treats customers before they even complain about him. I am only 19 years old and usually would never care to take the time out to write a review, this being my first, but I thought it was necessary. If you are okay wearing contacts I would recommend that over this facility any day.

I had Lasik in December 2013. My eyes overcorrected themselves which meant many many trips back to Lasik Vision Institute and unfortunately I live 1 1/2 hours away. I then had PRK on left eye one week ago. I have noticed that every time I go, they have a new doctor and you have to explain to them what's going on (in detail) despite the chart in front of them. Today, I went for another follow-up and I was the 4th one scheduled for 10:00. I feel the Lasik Vision Institute is unfortunately going towards volume of patients rather than customer service. Very Sad!!! Our eyes are so important to us and we need quality doctor's and staff taking care of us.

Do not go here. I went and received a free consultation one Saturday morning, went very well. The doctor wasn't in so I had to take time off of work the following Monday to get my eyes dilated, I get it stuff happens BUT nothing prepared me for what would happen next. I scheduled my surgery for a Friday at 2 pm. I was put off by how pushy they were of trying to up sell you. This is a doctors office not a retail store but nonetheless I know how to say no. My fiancé and I took off work and arrived at the office at 1:45. I was not called back until 3 pm. From there I made my full payment and was put in the waiting room and told to take my meds in about 15 minutes.

An hour later I was pulled into yet another waiting area. (I've now been in the facility for 2 hours.) I sit and wait for another hour watching people who got there after me get called in before me. I am never confronted about how long I've been waiting and never received any warning or apology. Around 4:45 I hear the surgeon yelling at the nurses about how he is over booked and he refuses to see anymore patients. The nurse comes out and calls yet another person who got there after me in for surgery. I've now been in the facility for 4 hours. A woman, I'm assuming the manger, pulls me out of the room and tells me the surgeon will not be seeing me and I can either go to Cleveland (4 hours away) tomorrow or reschedule for a later date. I explain to her that my fiancé and I both took off work and drove almost an hour for nothing.. how unprofessional is that.

You guys are running 5 hours behind schedule and you didn't see that coming!?!?!? That is piss poor management and a sorry excuse for a business. I asked her why this happened and she explained she didn't know and maybe the doctor was tired (as he is in the other room performing surgery). In short this place drugged me, made me wait 4+ hours, robbed me and then sent me home empty handed. DO NOT GO HERE!!!!!

The people I dealt with were nice and professional. I have a problem with a $300 advertised price per eye and then the quote is 4 times that amount. I drove in from 90 miles away to learn that my prescription put me in a higher price range. Couldn't they advertise a range of prices for each prescription?

My wife had corrective surgery. To get a warranty they require that you come in for checkups. They then make the service as bad as possible, apparently in a bid to drive people away and spoil their warranty. They make appointments but then do not have staff on hand to provide service. I find this unconscionable and deceptive. I hope others express similar views and that you act against this shabby practice.

While not completely false advertising, the internet ad for this company is quite misleading. I took the time to schedule an appointment and travel 150 miles, with hotel, food, gas, etc., based on the August special advertised (as low as $299 per eye - for laser surgery). Once there and evaluated, my cost would have been $3495.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

With more than 1 million successful procedures performed nationwide, The Lasik Vision Institute is a leading provider of laser vision correction surgeries. Their commitment to affordability helps bring the option of LASIK to everyone.

• Pricing: The Lasik Vision Institute strives to keep the costs of LASIK as reasonable as possible, helping to make it affordable for all budgets.
  • Financing: Given the out-of-pocket costs associated with LASIK, it is no surprise that they offer in-house financing to make payments reasonable for any budget.
  • Customized surgical procedures: Surgery is not a one-size-fits-all solution, which makes a customized option the best way to go to get the most impressive results.
  • Locations: Whenever a franchise offers a service, there are always the best locations and the worst. On top of that, the doctor you meet for an initial consult may not be the surgeon performing the procedure.
  • Referral rewards: By offering you a reward for sending friends to the same location, it calls into question the quality of service. If you truly believe they offer the best service, of course you will refer your friends. Offering a reward for that referral can come across as unprofessional to some consumers.
  • Best for The professional, The adventurer, Sun lovers, Extremely visually impaired

Compare LASIK Surgery Center