LasikPlus

67%

Compare LASIK Surgery Centers

Research top LASIK Surgery Centers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

18people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with LasikPlus:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

I had PRK surgery in Fresno, California. The LasikPlus office closed and my physician re-located. I am in need of my medical records, but LasikPlus has "lost" them. The doctor claims the records are no longer in her possession and insists that LasikPlus has them. I've seen a trend of this company "losing" medical records. The unfortunate result is that the Lifetime Warranty that I purchased will not be honored. Also, I need the records for my new doctor for cataract surgery. Unfortunately they are gone.

My name is Maximo ** and so far I am happy with the results of my LasikPlus experience. A few weeks ago I had my left eye done (reading) and I can read any fine print. Last week I had my right eye done (distance) and I'm still recuperating from it.

I had Laser vision at LasikPlus on 4/15/2016. I made my doctor recommended 2-week follow-up for 4/29/2016. LasikPlus called me on 4/28/2016 and left a message cancelling my doctor recommended 2-week follow-up. I was having some issues with my vision and wanted to see the doctor. I called the Annapolis office on the next day to reschedule the appointment and they were closed. The call center said I had to wait until Monday and call the Annapolis office. I then called the Annapolis office at 11am to reschedule my appointment. They stated they could not see me until 5/10/2016. I informed them that this was 4 weeks after surgery. They stated that I would have to be "squeezed in" so a staff member will call me back. First of all why do they have to squeeze me in? I PAID 3,700.00 DOLLARS FOR MY SURGERY AND NOW THEY HAVE TO SQUEEZE ME IN???

Well the Annapolis staff never called me back. I had called them at 11am. I called the call center 6pm and informed them of this. Once again I was told they will contact the office to see if they could squeeze me in. What the hell? I had to speak to two call center staff who then said they would have supervisor Jada call me back. Well yes Jada call me back. She was able to squeeze me in on 5/3/2016. What the hell? WHY DID I HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL OF THIS JUST TO GET MY PATIENT RIGHTS APPOINTMENT? Then I called LasikPlus call center on 5/9/2016 to schedule my 6-week follow-up. They stated that again the Annapolis center was closed on and they would leave a message to call me back to see if I could be squeezed in. (What is up with this world?)

I told her the last time Annapolis did not call me back and according to my patient right I should be seen when recommend by the doctor. She put me on hold and said she would get in touch with the Columbia office to see if they could squeeze me in. Thank God. THEY FINALLY WERE ABLE TO SQUEEZE ME IN FOR MY DOCTOR RECOMMENDED PATIENT RIGHT 6-week follow-up. What the hell?

Nov. 2014: PRK enhancement on right eye. Result: Loss of near-vision (now require reading glasses). Halos/shimmer around lights at night. Ghosting. Vision is hazy/cloudy (like looking through a dirty transparency). Dry irritated eye. Night vision difficulty (simply can't see as well in low-light). Floaters - they constantly blur my vision, are impossible to ignore, and have dramatically impacted my life. Service: Optometrist ** - bedside manner and attitude was one of disinterest. When I was hoping for reassurance, I received no expression of concern. I left every visit with him anxious and frustrated. E.g. After 3 months of terrible blurry vision, I finally decided to share that I was concerned that my near vision was much worse. He replied, "Yeah. We took that away," in an unconcerned tone.

I felt horrible, but added that my left eye had perfect near-vision. He replied that within 6 months, my left eye would be as bad as my right and I would need reading glasses. Again, the manner in which he gave his prediction was so disheartening... and for no reason. It's been a year since that conversation and my left eye near-vision is still perfect.

I had Lasik done in 2007 in Roseville, California. I paid extra for the lifetime enhancement totaling $3198.00. They have now moved out of California and the closest office is in Portland, Oregon 9 hours one way from me. I'm disabled and unable to drive that far. I have talked to Michael Celebrezze (Chief Executive Officer, LCA Vision). Also talked to Jennifer **, Nancy **, still waiting to hear from Craig Joffe (CEO). All I have gotten is the runaround. After 20+ emails and calling Jennifer ** told me that Dr. ** is the person I need to talk to. Jennifer also told me that LCA Vision isn't LasikPlus and that LCA Vision never was in California...

If you look up LasikPlus you also find LCA Vision. They are one of the same. My vision has changed to the point I need glasses again after I was told I would never have to wear glasses again. I will be filing a small claims suit against them for a full refund, Channel 13 in Sacramento did a segment (Call Kurtis) on LasikPlus. ** This is wrong that a company can come to town, promise a lifetime enhancement and skip town. I'm at the end of my rope, done playing their games.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LasikPlus?

Had my surgery today on one eye. The staff was caring and knowledgeable.

After reading their advertisement for Lasik Surgery for $299 per eye, I took time off of work to go to their free consultation. But surprise, surprise I did not qualify for the $299 per eye. Instead it was going to cost me over $3,600. Please don't fall for this switch and bait tactic. I also filed a complaint with the AZ Attorney General, and will also seek legal counsel on this matter.

An update to my story of how I, and many others, have been scammed by LasikPlus and Lasik 2020/Dr. Simon. Now, they both even more adamantly blame each other, and both say the other is going to take of all of us that have been ripped off after purchasing their "Lifetime Acuity Plan". Here is my original post: Do not choose LasikPlus, or Doctor Simon of Simon 20/20 Vision. They have cheated patients all over California out of the Lifetime Acuity Plans. I am one of them. I paid hundreds of dollars extra on top of the Lasik procedure to obtain the LIFETIME Acuity Plan, which includes free enhancements for LIFE. However, neither of them are abiding by this contract.

Dr. Simon says it is up to LasikPlus. LasikPlus says they won't cover it either, unless we obtain the original records from a place that won't even return calls or ever answer the phone, and we pay for an eye exam, and we travel to another state to see their doctor in Portland, Oregon, then schedule an appointment, return to Portland from California for the procedure, and return multiple times for the folllow-ups And we pay for all travel expenses. Dr. Simon says he bought the company from LasikPlus, but LasikPlus kept the liabilities? The only way that deal would have happened is if they both knew this would get them out of honoring the contracts, which we paid for. They are not worth going to. This is very bad business, and don't put yourself through what we here in California are going through. They will do it again. That's how they operate.

First and foremost - I can't say enough about how much I loved Lasik Plus 14 years ago when I had my surgery. The moment when I sat up and the doctor asked me what time it was and I could see the clock without my contacts. The staff in Oak Brook, Illinois was wonderful! This is truly a miracle that everyone should give themselves. I am now 63 and still do not need glasses for distance nor reading. The only time I have a problem reading is when there is very low light and very small print - but I imagine that is a problem for anyone. After my surgery there were three more family and friends who followed in my footsteps and we all had fabulous results!

I was actually satisfied with my procedure and liked the idea of lifetime enhancements. However after a couple of years, I needed an enhancement. Found out LasikPlus had closed their offices in California. Dr. ** on Concord, California is not taking former patients and would not honor Lasik's lifetime warranty. Dr. ** no longer honor the contract because he sold his old business and now is operating through a new business name. He filed bankruptcy and now not doing enhancements for LP. They will not refund patients for the difference of cost either. Lasik Plus still have offices out of California but they will not see you without medical records from Dr. **. Unfortunately Dr. ** had destroyed all medical records affiliated with Lasik Plus. Without the records they would not even make an appt for me.

If anyone is going through the same situation, which I'm sure there are plenty of us in this same boat... please email me and let me know if you found any resolutions at **. Thanks!

I was actually satisfied with my procedure and liked the idea of lifetime enhancements. However after a couple of years, I needed an enhancement. Found out LasikPlus had closed their offices in California. Dr. Simon on Concord, California was now taking former patients and would honor Lasik's lifetime warranty. Called Dr. Simon to make an appointment and was told that they no longer honor the contract to to selling the business or bankruptcy, bought it back but now not doing enhancements for LP. Okay so I emailed LasikPlus and they basically told me I am up a creek. Had to have an eye doctor look at my eyes, send record of eye doctors including Dr. Simon and they could not guarantee I would really need one, plus the closest office is in Scottsdale, AZ or Salt Lake City, Utah. Needless to say, I wrote back a nasty letter telling them how I was going to badmouth them all over Facebook and not recommend them to anyone. So disappointed and now back to wearing eyeglasses! So no stars for this company! I don't know if I need an attorney or not!

I have always been nearsighted so in November 2013, I decided to have Lasik Surgery to correct my vision so that I would not have to wear eyeglasses on a daily basis. It has been nothing but a nightmare for me ever since. My vision has worsen. I was told that during my surgery that my eyes were over corrected (which is not helping me. I cannot drive after dark (lights looks like there are starbursts halos around them). My work performance is in jeopardy at my place of employment and my job is in a production environment. I cannot read without some type of reading glasses on and even then I still cannot focus too clear on what I am trying to read. My daily functions have decreased due to my sight.

I am still going back and forth to Lasik Plus with these issues. All I am being told is I have another eye infection or when examined I am being told have dry areas in my eyes. Then I am given steroid drops and single vial of moisturizing solutions and was told to take Advil for the inflammation. I have been missing days from work due to my issues. At this time I am being given different prescriptions of contacts to wear on my left eye to get the feel of the prescription that I need if I decide to have the mono-vision to correct the first procedure. At this time I am so afraid to even go through this again. I don't want to go Blind. And right now this is how I feel. It is a Struggle for me to focus out of my left eye. I have given up things that I used to enjoy because of my "LASIK GONE WRONG". I am paying for a service that I have not been able to enjoy... I am having issues trying to type this letter which is taking me more than an hour, which don't make any sense at all!!!

I had Lasik surgery done on both eyes about 5 years ago. I have had painful dry eye syndrome ever since. When I told the doctors at the vision center where I got it done, they told me that a touchup surgery might improve my condition. Every other doctor I've talked to states that a touchup is not recommended. I believe I was not a candidate for the surgery and that the Lasik Plus Vision Center failed to tell me that before doing the surgery.

It has cost me $1,000's in medical supplies and doctors with no improvement. The chronic pain has affected my relationships and work. I have gone through several bouts of depression since the procedure.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Having performed more than 1.3 million microsurgical procedures, LasikPlus is one of the industries leading providers of LASIK surgery. They offer a convenient setting and no hassle visits to determine eligibility.

• Doctors nationwide: LasikPlus has certified surgeons nationwide, all of whom have received extra training to ensure they meet rigorous hiring standards.
  • Lifetime advantage plan : This offers a year of follow-up visits and a lifetime of enhancement procedures as necessary.
  • Discounts : Service discounts can mean less comprehensive services. This is not a boutique health provider.
  • Best for The adventurer, Sun lovers