2.50/5
  • 1 star
Based on 16 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 9, 2017

17 LasikPlus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Word of warning. Be sure to read everything very carefully. I had one eye done on 1/20/2017, and 4 months later my vision was worse than when I went there. I initially went through all the follow-ups they suggested and was finally told they could redo the procedure. Tried to schedule it today, but got told, "Sorry we only have two people to make appointments for the entire country," so they would call me back in 2-3 days. It's been nothing but a nightmare from the beginning. In hindsight, I should have not spent $800 to have one eye done. That money would have funded glasses for the next 10 years. I requested a refund but was denied. They have zero compassion for their patients - at the end of the day it's all about volume. One last note, I only saw the M.D. for about 5 minutes the entire time I've been there, long enough for him to do a procedure. Just use extreme caution and do your homework and shop around.

Original review: July 25, 2017

In October 2008 I was uncomfortable with my contact lenses. I went into LasikPlus near Coral Springs Florida (off Sample Road) and within 4 days my 9 minute surgery gave me the vision I had when I was 14 years old. The people were phenomenal and the Care Plus payment plan was great. It was guaranteed for life, and it was the best personal decision I ever made.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

I've seen some of the reviews for the LASIK plus. I had mine done over 14 years ago. They told me I might need reading glasses after the surgery but I didn't up until 4 years ago but my long distance vision is still excellent but I also spent the money on a lifetime enhancement, haven't needed it yet and I would do it again because contacts and glasses are a pain. This is freedom and I have recommended it to people. This was an investment well spent.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

My husband had Lasik surgery on both of his eyes for both near-sighted (myopic) and astigmatism in October 2016. Total cost was approximately $3600 and we were given a 0% interest for 1 year offer. Surgery took about 15 minutes total. We were given all the eye drops (many boxes, including the super gentle preservative free and antibiotics), protective goggles to keep him from rubbing his eyes in his sleep, and directions for after care prior to the surgery and all financial dealings were handled first.

They answered all the questions I had and were very friendly. I was amazed, on the way home from surgery, when he was reading exit signs at me. He had some pretty severe burning for a few hours so took a nap as recommended by the techs. After a few hours, he said all the burning just stopped. He has healed perfectly and has better than 20/20 vision now. I understand that he might be lucky and just had a fantastic experience but I'm so jealous that I didn't get mine done yet!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

Back in August my husband had PRK Surgery at the Harrisburg location by Dr. **. When we first went in for the consult we spoke with Dr. **, he said with a CDL he would have to have PRK over Lasik to get rid of his glasses. Before surgery he had perfect close up vision, now he needs glasses for both close up and distance. At the last visit they finally admitted that something went wrong and they were to talk to corporate and get back to us. That was 3 weeks ago and we haven't heard a thing from them. I have tried to call the office for the last 3 days and they have been closed. I spoke to a representative yesterday at the 800 number and she was to send a message to corporate with a priority put on it. She was to follow up with it today but I haven't heard a thing at this point and when I talked to her yesterday there was no notes of anyone from the office even talking to corporate.

My husband has to get his DOT physical soon and if he fails his eye exam he could lose his CDL. If LasikPlus doesn't correct this and do it quickly they are going to find themselves in a lawsuit real soon. I only wish I would have researched them prior to going there because after reading the reviews on them and seeing all the complaints I would never had taken him there or talked him into doing this surgery.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LasikPlus?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

I recently did the procedure hope to get rid of glass. To my dismay, I have to get reading glass right away due to losing focus of near subject. While I had clear vision for near subject without glasses before the surgery, the benefit seeing far object can't make up the loss of near vision. Please consult more capable doctor if you want to get rid of glasses and if you are over 40 years old.

Original review: June 10, 2016

I had PRK surgery in Fresno, California. The LasikPlus office closed and my physician re-located. I am in need of my medical records, but LasikPlus has "lost" them. The doctor claims the records are no longer in her possession and insists that LasikPlus has them. I've seen a trend of this company "losing" medical records. The unfortunate result is that the Lifetime Warranty that I purchased will not be honored. Also, I need the records for my new doctor for cataract surgery. Unfortunately they are gone.

Original review: June 2, 2016

My name is Maximo ** and so far I am happy with the results of my LasikPlus experience. A few weeks ago I had my left eye done (reading) and I can read any fine print. Last week I had my right eye done (distance) and I'm still recuperating from it.

Original review: May 9, 2016

I had Laser vision at LasikPlus on 4/15/2016. I made my doctor recommended 2-week follow-up for 4/29/2016. LasikPlus called me on 4/28/2016 and left a message cancelling my doctor recommended 2-week follow-up. I was having some issues with my vision and wanted to see the doctor. I called the Annapolis office on the next day to reschedule the appointment and they were closed. The call center said I had to wait until Monday and call the Annapolis office. I then called the Annapolis office at 11am to reschedule my appointment. They stated they could not see me until 5/10/2016. I informed them that this was 4 weeks after surgery. They stated that I would have to be "squeezed in" so a staff member will call me back. First of all why do they have to squeeze me in? I PAID 3,700.00 DOLLARS FOR MY SURGERY AND NOW THEY HAVE TO SQUEEZE ME IN???

Well the Annapolis staff never called me back. I had called them at 11am. I called the call center 6pm and informed them of this. Once again I was told they will contact the office to see if they could squeeze me in. What the hell? I had to speak to two call center staff who then said they would have supervisor Jada call me back. Well yes Jada call me back. She was able to squeeze me in on 5/3/2016. What the hell? WHY DID I HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL OF THIS JUST TO GET MY PATIENT RIGHTS APPOINTMENT? Then I called LasikPlus call center on 5/9/2016 to schedule my 6-week follow-up. They stated that again the Annapolis center was closed on and they would leave a message to call me back to see if I could be squeezed in. (What is up with this world?)

I told her the last time Annapolis did not call me back and according to my patient right I should be seen when recommend by the doctor. She put me on hold and said she would get in touch with the Columbia office to see if they could squeeze me in. Thank God. THEY FINALLY WERE ABLE TO SQUEEZE ME IN FOR MY DOCTOR RECOMMENDED PATIENT RIGHT 6-week follow-up. What the hell?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2016

Nov. 2014: PRK enhancement on right eye. Result: Loss of near-vision (now require reading glasses). Halos/shimmer around lights at night. Ghosting. Vision is hazy/cloudy (like looking through a dirty transparency). Dry irritated eye. Night vision difficulty (simply can't see as well in low-light). Floaters - they constantly blur my vision, are impossible to ignore, and have dramatically impacted my life. Service: Optometrist ** - bedside manner and attitude was one of disinterest. When I was hoping for reassurance, I received no expression of concern. I left every visit with him anxious and frustrated. E.g. After 3 months of terrible blurry vision, I finally decided to share that I was concerned that my near vision was much worse. He replied, "Yeah. We took that away," in an unconcerned tone.

I felt horrible, but added that my left eye had perfect near-vision. He replied that within 6 months, my left eye would be as bad as my right and I would need reading glasses. Again, the manner in which he gave his prediction was so disheartening... and for no reason. It's been a year since that conversation and my left eye near-vision is still perfect.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2016

I had Lasik done in 2007 in Roseville, California. I paid extra for the lifetime enhancement totaling $3198.00. They have now moved out of California and the closest office is in Portland, Oregon 9 hours one way from me. I'm disabled and unable to drive that far. I have talked to Michael Celebrezze (Chief Executive Officer, LCA Vision). Also talked to Jennifer **, Nancy **, still waiting to hear from Craig Joffe (CEO). All I have gotten is the runaround. After 20+ emails and calling Jennifer ** told me that Dr. ** is the person I need to talk to. Jennifer also told me that LCA Vision isn't LasikPlus and that LCA Vision never was in California...

If you look up LasikPlus you also find LCA Vision. They are one of the same. My vision has changed to the point I need glasses again after I was told I would never have to wear glasses again. I will be filing a small claims suit against them for a full refund, Channel 13 in Sacramento did a segment (Call Kurtis) on LasikPlus. ** This is wrong that a company can come to town, promise a lifetime enhancement and skip town. I'm at the end of my rope, done playing their games.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

Had my surgery today on one eye. The staff was caring and knowledgeable.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2015

After reading their advertisement for Lasik Surgery for $299 per eye, I took time off of work to go to their free consultation. But surprise, surprise I did not qualify for the $299 per eye. Instead it was going to cost me over $3,600. Please don't fall for this switch and bait tactic. I also filed a complaint with the AZ Attorney General, and will also seek legal counsel on this matter.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2015

An update to my story of how I, and many others, have been scammed by LasikPlus and Lasik 2020/Dr. Simon. Now, they both even more adamantly blame each other, and both say the other is going to take of all of us that have been ripped off after purchasing their "Lifetime Acuity Plan". Here is my original post: Do not choose LasikPlus, or Doctor Simon of Simon 20/20 Vision. They have cheated patients all over California out of the Lifetime Acuity Plans. I am one of them. I paid hundreds of dollars extra on top of the Lasik procedure to obtain the LIFETIME Acuity Plan, which includes free enhancements for LIFE. However, neither of them are abiding by this contract.

Dr. Simon says it is up to LasikPlus. LasikPlus says they won't cover it either, unless we obtain the original records from a place that won't even return calls or ever answer the phone, and we pay for an eye exam, and we travel to another state to see their doctor in Portland, Oregon, then schedule an appointment, return to Portland from California for the procedure, and return multiple times for the folllow-ups And we pay for all travel expenses. Dr. Simon says he bought the company from LasikPlus, but LasikPlus kept the liabilities? The only way that deal would have happened is if they both knew this would get them out of honoring the contracts, which we paid for. They are not worth going to. This is very bad business, and don't put yourself through what we here in California are going through. They will do it again. That's how they operate.

Original review: May 20, 2015

First and foremost - I can't say enough about how much I loved Lasik Plus 14 years ago when I had my surgery. The moment when I sat up and the doctor asked me what time it was and I could see the clock without my contacts. The staff in Oak Brook, Illinois was wonderful! This is truly a miracle that everyone should give themselves. I am now 63 and still do not need glasses for distance nor reading. The only time I have a problem reading is when there is very low light and very small print - but I imagine that is a problem for anyone. After my surgery there were three more family and friends who followed in my footsteps and we all had fabulous results!

Original review: March 29, 2013

I have always been nearsighted so in November 2013, I decided to have Lasik Surgery to correct my vision so that I would not have to wear eyeglasses on a daily basis. It has been nothing but a nightmare for me ever since. My vision has worsen. I was told that during my surgery that my eyes were over corrected (which is not helping me. I cannot drive after dark (lights looks like there are starbursts halos around them). My work performance is in jeopardy at my place of employment and my job is in a production environment. I cannot read without some type of reading glasses on and even then I still cannot focus too clear on what I am trying to read. My daily functions have decreased due to my sight.

I am still going back and forth to Lasik Plus with these issues. All I am being told is I have another eye infection or when examined I am being told have dry areas in my eyes. Then I am given steroid drops and single vial of moisturizing solutions and was told to take Advil for the inflammation. I have been missing days from work due to my issues. At this time I am being given different prescriptions of contacts to wear on my left eye to get the feel of the prescription that I need if I decide to have the mono-vision to correct the first procedure. At this time I am so afraid to even go through this again. I don't want to go Blind. And right now this is how I feel. It is a Struggle for me to focus out of my left eye. I have given up things that I used to enjoy because of my "LASIK GONE WRONG". I am paying for a service that I have not been able to enjoy... I am having issues trying to type this letter which is taking me more than an hour, which don't make any sense at all!!!

Original review: May 27, 2010

I had Lasik surgery done on both eyes about 5 years ago. I have had painful dry eye syndrome ever since. When I told the doctors at the vision center where I got it done, they told me that a touchup surgery might improve my condition. Every other doctor I've talked to states that a touchup is not recommended. I believe I was not a candidate for the surgery and that the Lasik Plus Vision Center failed to tell me that before doing the surgery.

It has cost me $1,000's in medical supplies and doctors with no improvement. The chronic pain has affected my relationships and work. I have gone through several bouts of depression since the procedure.

LasikPlus expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Having performed more than 1.3 million microsurgical procedures, LasikPlus is one of the industries leading providers of LASIK surgery. They offer a convenient setting and no hassle visits to determine eligibility.

• Doctors nationwide: LasikPlus has certified surgeons nationwide, all of whom have received extra training to ensure they meet rigorous hiring standards.

• Lifetime advantage plan: This offers a year of follow-up visits and a lifetime of enhancement procedures as necessary.

• Discounts: Service discounts can mean less comprehensive services. This is not a boutique health provider.

• Best for: The adventurer, Sun lovers