2.06/5

34 LasikPlus Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 23, 2019

I got my LASIK procedure done roughly an year ago from Dr **, Lasik Plus (Address: 2108 Dallas Pkwy Suite 206, Plano, TX 75093). Let me begin by saying how I got there. TYPICAL bait & switch technique. My prescription was small was I should have qualified for $250 promotion but since I have a spherical prescription too so "I didn't qualify for the promotion". So what's the price than, "It varies how long do you want the "GUARANTEE" on your procedure.

What that means is basically if you want 7 days, it's less; 2 years, it's slightly more and LIFETIME guarantee is the most expensive package which is roughly $2000 per eye if I'm not mistaken. IT IS JUST LIKE DEALING WITH A CAR DEALERSHIP and BUYING A CAR experience except it is your EYES. I had to get rid of glasses at that time so I was not worried about the COST. I got my procedure done on a SATURDAY. 1st case of the DAY. As soon as I entered the PROCEDURE room, I was greeted by DR **. I was made to lie down on a chair. He putting some numbing drops. And immediately started the procedure.

The MACHINE BURNS your cornea. I felt immense PAIN, I put my hands in my jeans. The PAIN was so INTENSE that I ripped the inner lining of my jeans pocket. I COULD SMELL MY CORNEA TISSUE BURN THROUGH the LASER. LIKE a SURGEON he brushed away the PAIN COMPLAINTS and SAID it is FINE and TRIED TO CONTINUE working on my RIGHT eye. The pain was so MUCH that I asked him to STOP. He asked me "NOT TO MOVE". In my MIND, I am thinking that now I am totally screwed. There is no going back now as the procedure had already started. After seeing my BODY language in pain, I think he got some pity and put some anesthetic drops in my Right eye again. But again, rather waiting for it to work, he started working right away as there was at least 20 patients waiting to get the procedure done outside in the waiting area.

I complained of PAIN again, and again no heed. I did see the vision improve right away. In the 2nd eye, he did the same thing. At this point I wanted to endure all the pain and get this over with. After I was done, I was given glasses and instructions. I started having difficulty right away. The vision was blurry, halos and could NOT drive at night. I asked them and they said "THAT IS NORMAL, the healing process takes TIME". Before the procedure I was being told that "people can drive the next day." But even after one week of the procedure my inflammation did not subside.

I was continuously being told to wait patiently. Now I'm hearing that the vision can take 6 months to settle down. I had no option but to wait. The inflammation did not subside for a whole month even after following the prescribed medicines. The vision kept fluctuating with all the complications. Dry Eyes, HALOS, Blurriness and DISTORTION. I was being told to wait for 6 months constantly for the healing process to complete and the vision will settle down. BLURRINESS and HALOS continued with the vision getting worse everyday. After waiting 6 months, the vision DID NOT improve. Therefore I went BACK. This LADY who does exam did a cursory eye examination and angrily said, " YOUR VISION is 20/20, it is fine, we DID A GREAT JOB, you SHOULD BE HAPPY". And sent me HOME.

Unfortunately, that was NOT true according to my EYE DOCTOR. I am having DIFFICULTY in DRIVING, my vision is constantly and randomly changing, it is BLURRY and DISTORTED. I cannot see anything CLEAR at ALL. It seems like the DAMAGE is permanent. I cannot drive at NIGHT. I cannot stay outdoor in sun for long periods of time. I am even having difficulty in reading now. I am a 34 year old male and at this point it makes me wonder how am I going to spend the rest of my life like this. Now I'm reading in the news that 1 out every 5 patients will have these complications. And now FDA is saying that this procedure SHOULD NOT have been approved in the FIRST place. https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/05/22/former-fda-advisor-lasik-eye-surgery/

Original review: April 16, 2019

Two stars I have to knock off since the LASIK surgery my daughter underwent in the Rockville LasikPlus Centre on March 29, 2019 had the following cons: 1) During the actual surgery for 10-20 seconds, the CustomVue machine malfunctioned, where it was actually going slow and putting immense pressure on the left eye. It took some time for the surgeon to realize that there needs to be done cup adjustment and there was a comment from the technical staff about the engineer having to do something about the machine to work better. Maybe the damage done during that short span caused her left eye to feel more bruised and weak, requiring a procedure with an injection later to remove epithelial cells from that eye after a week of surgery.

2) The medical and non medical staff did not do their duty to inform us of all the different options of bladeless Lasik Surgery involved such as PKT, SMILE, LASIK and others mentioned in the document that my daughter signed just before the surgery. But this was not a normal consent form accepting the risks involved in this surgery.

It clearly said that she has been explained about details of each and every procedure, what's more, it also said that she has been been informed about all the pros and cons and differences been the Wavefront technology and Customvue procedure, also she has fully understood what is Customvue and how the the surgical procedure will proceed as explained to her by the surgeon or medical staff. None of this is true, nobody explained all this to us, instead we were rushed into watching the video, going through the LasikPlus information booklet and signing the final documents before the procedure mostly without reading any of it as the operation could not be done on schedule otherwise.

The 3 short paragraphs where my daughter gave her initials just prior to the surgery were handwritten just like a last minute addition and since she was very tense thinking of the surgery, she was really not in a position to assimilate the underlying meaning of those sentences. Which to say the least is sneaky of the management, first to rush us through the paperwork, next not giving us enough time to google information related to the brochure and finally taking the decision on our behalf that we prefer the Customvue technology over the Wavefront, which on inquiry later from the Lasik surgeon Dr. Micheal **, I came to know later that Wavefront technology is better as it chips away fewer cornea cells and maintains the eyeball natural shape.

3) Dr. Jay ** is the face of the LasikPlus Rockville center, and I was attracted to this vision correction center assuming he does the actual procedure, but we have not met him yet. For a moment I had a strong desire to ask them to stop the surgery as the change of surgeon performing this crucial operation did not agree with me as I was not prior informed that Dr. ** will do the operation and we did not get to meet him prior to the surgery to discuss the procedure and hence this according to me is completely unacceptable. What if he had turned out to be not that good a surgeon as he is since I had got no time to research him as Dr. Debra conveniently did feel it necessary to inform us who will conduct the surgery and also to fix an appointment with him prior to the surgery so that we can clear our doubts with him.

4) When the front desk executive Vee prepared the quote for a 2 year contract for the Lasik surgery, she was very busy to answer questions related to it, I remember as I had called up 4 times at LasikPlus’s Rockville center to clear my doubts. What I cannot understand is how she missed to inform us of this massive fact that when she gave us the short term quote, she was also selling us a completely different product, switching Wavefront technology with Customvue. It made a huge difference for me as it is my daughter's eyes and was a measly $300 extra per eye I would not compromise quality over pricing. But not once she mentioned the switch and its implications passing the buck from the front desk staff to the medical staff, especially resident optometrist to explain things.

5. Initially I assumed that if I made an upgrade to their lifetime advantage policy, my daughter can relax if she required any enhancement or Lasik treatment in the future. I received a rude shock when I was informed that since the 2 year contract does Customvue treatment procedure while the lifetime advantage does Wavefront. Again, this particular information should have been conveyed to us when we decided on the 2 year contract, assuming that it was only a downgrade of the number of years of advantage, not downgrade of the technology as well. Besides the fact that we cannot upgrade later as everything done in the procedure is irreversible- the technology, the cornea cells chipped off, the change in shape of eyeball, etc.

6) They also do not inform patient and their families how imperative it is to rush home immediately after the surgery as the numbing medication wears off quickly within 5 minutes and you are full of terrible eye irritation, pain, itching but your hands are tied as Lasik surgery strictly prohibits any rubbing, scratching of eyes plus washing with water for the next 7 days. You need to stock up on prescribed medication- antibiotics and steroid drops plus supplements to heal burnt or destroyed glands, tissue in the eye such as Hydroeye. In addition Vision Alive, Retaine (Vegan omegas), etc. aids eye healing. Also Blink preservative free artificial tears will be required at least 10 boxes, buy from Target &10 a box.

PROS: The 3 stars are for LasikPlus, which is a very good vision correction centre, with branches throughout America and employs the best Lasik surgeons, who really do a good job. Also, they offer best pricing, accept employer discount plans, Careington discount plan which can keep costs of surgery low.

Get expert buying tips about LASIK Surgery Center delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I got my PRK enhancement surgery, means I had just slide nearsightedness. Before surgery I had no problem to see near and after I have very blurry. My distance vision is worse, night vision is horror and on top I got dry eye syndrome and floaters. I regret this very very much. Now I have to go see my doctor to treat my dry eye and spend more and more money. My doctor said it could be permanent, while at LasikPlus they keep telling me is all go away and vision will restore. Lies and more lies! Please do your own research before decide. I wish I did but is too late! Lasik is very dangerous and high risk. I would say 50/50.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I had Lasik done. Yes they did say I might have to wear reading glasses. Yeah I wear reading glasses all the time. To see anything not just reading even for looking at small stuff. I honestly believe my nearsightedness is worse. It was a waste of 4000.00. I sure do know that.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I was treated for monovision without regard for my lifestyle. Without regard for the fact I opted out of vision insurance and allocated money for their recommendation of Lasik on one eye. Adding insult to injury, a substitute doctor performed the procedure. Read their response to my complaint: "Your request to have your right eye treated at no further cost to you has been denied. Dr. ** explained that you were nearsighted with some astigmatism in your eyes.

When he explained that you were presbyopic, as well, he tried to accommodate your vision as well as your financial needs with recommending to treat 1 eye for distance vision, hoping that your brain would accommodate your right eye vision to assist you with a “natural monovision.” Based on this recommendation, you chose to fund your FSA employee account accordingly. I understand your disappointment that you may now need a treatment for your right eye that you had not financially planned. LasikPlus has several financing options available should you decide to have your right eye treated."

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LasikPlus?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I began seriously thinking about having Lasik done after I heard their advertisement offering the procedure at really low prices. I called. Made an appointment for a consultation and was given a quick date. On the morning of the consultation, soon after arrival, I was promptly seen. As someone who is very punctual and respects other people's time, I was pleased that I was being attended to within 10 mins. When it was time to see the billing person, I asked her about the $250 per eye deal. She laughed, and it was then I began to realize that advertisement was just done to reel customers through their doors. She then offered me a $300 discount on the original cost that was more than 8 times the advertised cost. I asked her who would qualify for the $250 per eye deal. Again she laughed.

I decided to go along with having the procedure done there, because I knew that if I went to another clinic, it would require another consultation and I really did have the time. I was given an 11 o'clock date for the procedure and silly me, I thought that an 11 o'clock appointment would mean that you would be seen the latest 11:30. When I arrived the waiting room was full; the scene resembled an airport when flights have been delayed due to inclement weather. What made it worse, was that I was even early.

At 11:30 no one had even bothered to register me. At 11:45, I went to the desk to ask what was happening. I was told that the wait time for the procedure to be done is 2-3 hours. What! When I saw that fine print in my consultation package, I thought that was the recommended wait/recovery time after the surgery before leaving the building. At 12 noon, I was still not checked in. At 12:15 the doctor took me to a room to look at my prescription.

At 12:45 I was called to be checked in and make my payments. At this time I had already wasted my day, I began calling other Lasik providers while I was in the waiting room to see if I could be seen next week. Unfortunately because it is the holiday season, I could not get a consultation before Friday of the following week and I had already put this on my list to be completed before the end of 2018. What a wasted day. At 2:15, I was finally called and taken to be back to be prepped for the procedure.

My advice is, if you have things to do and value your time don't visit this place. I would have thought that paying over $20000 for a procedure would ensure customer service. Who gets an 11 o'clock appointment and is seen at 2:30. This begs the question, shouldn't I have been given a 2:30 or 3:00 appointment. To schedule everyone for the same time, just shows management lack of respect for people's time. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

LasikPlus - Well, it was your typical bait and switch. I heard their ad on the radio, Lasik surgery starting at 250.00 an eye. Assuming that they used 250.00 to get people in the door, I thought I was safe figuring that it would cost around 2,000 total. Nope - 2300.00 an eye. I had no interest in their financing, as I was planning on paying cash. Felt very much like stepping in to a used car dealership - they even have T-shirts for sale! Was very disappointed, a total waste of time!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

First they try to charge you the highest price possible when you have a minimal correction like I did. Which one of my eyes qualified for the cheaper Lasik machine of $200 an eye since my Lasik was minimal for distance!! But you have to ask for it and know what they are doing and be a salesperson. Like they are trying to make throw most amount of money!!

Second, be careful if they are going to sell you regardless of your eye conditions. I told them contact lenses did not work for me and were stuck to my eyes and blurry and why I’m going with Lasik. It’s in the contract you sign. Could cause some blurriness for a cause to use drops and ointments but didn’t say after 10 months later it would be the same and my eyes with monovision is worse off than before my surgery!! Don’t go to a fly by night business like this. That is like a swap meet of people. It cost me over $1000 after my surgery in medications, glasses, and over the counter drops, ointments and vitamins. They don’t care. I even have a guarantee on my monovision eye which really means nothing.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

Was told I was a perfect candidate by Dr. **, the saleswoman doctor. She sells the procedure like a used car salesman would a car, saying the risks are low. Later I found out the risks are very high. Lasikcomplications.com and the Facebook page for Lasik complications have many stories of failed Lasik, I learned it makes no difference if the doctor is experienced because the Lasik procedure itself is flawed. It is literally playing Russian roulette with your eyes. Now I see glare and my eyes are worse than they were with contacts before Lasik. I complained and was told by LasikPlus I have 20-15 vision which my regular eye doctor confirmed as untrue. I was squinting and complained of glare at the LasikPlus follow up. They ignored my complaints and said the glare would go away with a few weeks' time.

After seven months I’ve found out it’s permanent. Lasik gave me astigmatism so not I can’t be corrected with glasses for distance. Instead I must pay thousands for a custom made lens to see even close to how I could before Lasik. As of now I see blurry and miss my old contacts I was able to wear before Lasik. When I complained about these things, LasikPlus wrote back saying I agreed my close vision would get worse. The close vision had nothing to do with my complaint. They twisted what I said and didn't address my concerns. Oh they said maybe I can get a touch up which is a whole new surgery with even more risks according to my regular eye doctor. The term touch up is misleading. LasikPlus wanted me to come in and after they caused astigmatism, other lies and misinformation as to the true risks of Lasik, I am not letting them touch my eyes.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Went because I was tired of using reading glasses. I used to use my glasses about 20% of the time for reading and work. My vision at night for driving and all around distance and watching TV at all times was perfectly fine. NOW my vision for up close reading is adequate at best BUT my distance at as little as 6 feet is all messed up.

Terrible... At night driving all lights look like halos or Xmas tree starlights and in order to watch TV for it not to be blurry I have to close my left. LasikPlus screwed up eye and just watch with my right eye. I might as well wear a patch and look like a pirate. WORST 2400 bucks I ever spent in my life and I tell EVERYONE I see not to do it and I see hundreds of people a week. They offered to redo my eye and return my vision back to the way it was but I don't trust them one bit so I'm just dealing with my mistake for trusting everything they said. Would ANY sane or rational person screw up 80% of their vision BIGTIME to read the darn sports section. WHAT A JOKE and A COSTLY MISTAKE (: DON'T DO IT.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

My monovision procedure was completed Sept 6, 2018. As of today, October 15, 2018 my sight is worse than it was prior to the procedure. Add to that the unresponsive leadership and lack of regard for patient care... JUST DON'T DO IT! Weeks of frustrating calls with LASIK Plus managers and executive Kevin Dineen (who also happens to be LasikPlus chief legal counsel) I reached out to LasikPlus CEO Craig Joffre. I have sent him 3 emails and left 1 voice message over the past 72 hours.

My sight may be permanently damaged yet even the CEO of LasikPlus Craig Joffre shows no regard. My near and far vision are both poor. I was much better off with my glasses pre-procedure. Halos around lights, headaches while trying to complete close up tasks. Left eye feels slower than right as if they are not moving or focusing at the same rate. Deceptive advertising and business practices? Let’s just say, don’t expect to pay the advertised $299 per eye. I was quoted $3900 but negotiated $3300. Nothing that was verbally told to me has been accurate.

The pain level, level of discomfort, healing time... ”You will love monovision”. I would “love” to have my pre-procedure sight back. I am learning that LasikPlus leadership is very cavalier, dismissive and condescending. Once they have collected their payment any regard for outcomes or patient care seems nonexistent. To make matters worse, their Patient Care Manager and Chief Legal Counsel, Kevin Dineen reminded me that I “signed documents...”. I reminded them that many of those documents were put in front of me for signature minutes before my procedure after taking LASIKPLUS PRESCRIBED **. This has been a nightmare and I am now learning that mine is not an isolated case. What I don’t understand is how LasikPlus is getting away with damaging patients' sight without reproduction or accountability.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I had elective corrective procedure at LasikPlus Miramar hospital, I had originally very minor myopia (-1.00 in both eyes maybe slightly less) and now that I am three months post op my eyes still don't match my left eye (which was my better eye prior to surgery). Is still not as sharp as my right eye now and so I feel like it wasn't the best experience because from the start I never had bad vision and me paying all this money to correct my vision and then not getting perfectly matching vision is not the best experience. I had to go back 3-4 times so that in the end the doctor sent me a different ** after my THIRD visit post op instead of sending that stronger medication from the beginning.

Also the doctor does not have very good bedside. I also felt like making post-op appointments was a mission and that they didn't wanna deal with me anymore after surgery. The doctor doesn't have good bedside manner. He barely talks to you is super dry and kind of just dismisses you as if you were just a number and not a patient. Overall I am not really satisfied, not to mention the white of my left eye was BLOODY RED for a month after surgery, I looked like a zombie. In the end I wish I would have gone elsewhere and maybe paid a little more for better attention to detail.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Heard radio ad for 250 laser surgery and went in for screening. Bait and Switch - After taking a half day off work and going to have a screening performed, they tell you the cost is 2400 per eye. The whole time, you are there, they are prepping you with free financing offers. False advertising and bait and switch tactics being used here.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I came looking to get rid of my reading glasses and I was led by the staff and doctors to believe that what I need was a farsighted eye surgery as the best option. What I really needed was a monovision surgery which was not a good fit due to my age and eye condition. They lead me to believe that with this surgery, I will be able to remove my glasses for computer and reading tasks and after taking my money and, on the day of the surgery, they made me sign a consent indicating that the procedure was not guaranteed.

Now, 8 months later, I am $4000 less in my checkbook and still need reading glasses. I really think they should be ethical enough to let you know that you are not a good patient and send you home and of course, when I asked them for my money back, their "lead team " refused because I signed the consent. They don't know I TRUSTED them on their lead and they failed miserably. I want you all to know so you don't have the same problem as I did.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I was curious about lasik, came in for a consultation, and had surgery 5 hours later! Great customer service. The entire surgery is about 60 seconds and it's completely painless. The 3 hours after that are hell so LISTEN TO THEM and GO TO SLEEP right after surgery!!! I wish I had picked up my prescription before my appointment like I was supposed to. I waited until after which meant more time awake. If you go straight to sleep after the surgery, you'll be fine. 10 minutes after surgery, your eyes will be very, very uncomfortable. It's like a UTI for your eyes. Go to sleep and you'll be fine. It's seriously just 3 hours of discomfort (like they tell you) for a lifetime of being able to see. So so so worth it! Tough it out and enjoy your new eyesight. :)

Original review: March 26, 2018

I’m 4 days post surgery and can see much better. Staff was amazing. I hear people say things I definitely don’t agree with. I was so scared to have prk but the doc was so calm and told me everything that was happening step by step! I can see! And that’s what matters the most. Thank you guys for the new life I’ve always wanted!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I would never go to LasikPlus, Centerville, OH again. I could see up close before I had the surgery and now I am going to have to get reading glasses. I spoke to Dr. ** and told him that I almost did not pass my drivers license test after surgery. He stated that the DMV employees do not know what they are doing. I wonder how they would feel about this statement?? After surgery I now cannot read my phone or computer because of a glare and my eye is blurry most of the time. I only had one eye done. I am sooo glad I didn't do the other eye. I would think twice before having eye surgery with LasikPlus. Go somewhere else.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Word of warning. Be sure to read everything very carefully. I had one eye done on 1/20/2017, and 4 months later my vision was worse than when I went there. I initially went through all the follow-ups they suggested and was finally told they could redo the procedure. Tried to schedule it today, but got told, "Sorry we only have two people to make appointments for the entire country," so they would call me back in 2-3 days. It's been nothing but a nightmare from the beginning. In hindsight, I should have not spent $800 to have one eye done. That money would have funded glasses for the next 10 years. I requested a refund but was denied. They have zero compassion for their patients - at the end of the day it's all about volume. One last note, I only saw the M.D. for about 5 minutes the entire time I've been there, long enough for him to do a procedure. Just use extreme caution and do your homework and shop around.

Original review: July 25, 2017

In October 2008 I was uncomfortable with my contact lenses. I went into LasikPlus near Coral Springs Florida (off Sample Road) and within 4 days my 9 minute surgery gave me the vision I had when I was 14 years old. The people were phenomenal and the Care Plus payment plan was great. It was guaranteed for life, and it was the best personal decision I ever made.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

I've seen some of the reviews for the LASIK plus. I had mine done over 14 years ago. They told me I might need reading glasses after the surgery but I didn't up until 4 years ago but my long distance vision is still excellent but I also spent the money on a lifetime enhancement, haven't needed it yet and I would do it again because contacts and glasses are a pain. This is freedom and I have recommended it to people. This was an investment well spent.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

My husband had Lasik surgery on both of his eyes for both near-sighted (myopic) and astigmatism in October 2016. Total cost was approximately $3600 and we were given a 0% interest for 1 year offer. Surgery took about 15 minutes total. We were given all the eye drops (many boxes, including the super gentle preservative free and antibiotics), protective goggles to keep him from rubbing his eyes in his sleep, and directions for after care prior to the surgery and all financial dealings were handled first.

They answered all the questions I had and were very friendly. I was amazed, on the way home from surgery, when he was reading exit signs at me. He had some pretty severe burning for a few hours so took a nap as recommended by the techs. After a few hours, he said all the burning just stopped. He has healed perfectly and has better than 20/20 vision now. I understand that he might be lucky and just had a fantastic experience but I'm so jealous that I didn't get mine done yet!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

Back in August my husband had PRK Surgery at the Harrisburg location by Dr. **. When we first went in for the consult we spoke with Dr. **, he said with a CDL he would have to have PRK over Lasik to get rid of his glasses. Before surgery he had perfect close up vision, now he needs glasses for both close up and distance. At the last visit they finally admitted that something went wrong and they were to talk to corporate and get back to us. That was 3 weeks ago and we haven't heard a thing from them. I have tried to call the office for the last 3 days and they have been closed. I spoke to a representative yesterday at the 800 number and she was to send a message to corporate with a priority put on it. She was to follow up with it today but I haven't heard a thing at this point and when I talked to her yesterday there was no notes of anyone from the office even talking to corporate.

My husband has to get his DOT physical soon and if he fails his eye exam he could lose his CDL. If LasikPlus doesn't correct this and do it quickly they are going to find themselves in a lawsuit real soon. I only wish I would have researched them prior to going there because after reading the reviews on them and seeing all the complaints I would never had taken him there or talked him into doing this surgery.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

I recently did the procedure hope to get rid of glass. To my dismay, I have to get reading glass right away due to losing focus of near subject. While I had clear vision for near subject without glasses before the surgery, the benefit seeing far object can't make up the loss of near vision. Please consult more capable doctor if you want to get rid of glasses and if you are over 40 years old.

Original review: June 10, 2016

I had PRK surgery in Fresno, California. The LasikPlus office closed and my physician re-located. I am in need of my medical records, but LasikPlus has "lost" them. The doctor claims the records are no longer in her possession and insists that LasikPlus has them. I've seen a trend of this company "losing" medical records. The unfortunate result is that the Lifetime Warranty that I purchased will not be honored. Also, I need the records for my new doctor for cataract surgery. Unfortunately they are gone.

Original review: June 2, 2016

My name is Maximo ** and so far I am happy with the results of my LasikPlus experience. A few weeks ago I had my left eye done (reading) and I can read any fine print. Last week I had my right eye done (distance) and I'm still recuperating from it.

Original review: May 9, 2016

I had Laser vision at LasikPlus on 4/15/2016. I made my doctor recommended 2-week follow-up for 4/29/2016. LasikPlus called me on 4/28/2016 and left a message cancelling my doctor recommended 2-week follow-up. I was having some issues with my vision and wanted to see the doctor. I called the Annapolis office on the next day to reschedule the appointment and they were closed. The call center said I had to wait until Monday and call the Annapolis office. I then called the Annapolis office at 11am to reschedule my appointment. They stated they could not see me until 5/10/2016. I informed them that this was 4 weeks after surgery. They stated that I would have to be "squeezed in" so a staff member will call me back. First of all why do they have to squeeze me in? I PAID 3,700.00 DOLLARS FOR MY SURGERY AND NOW THEY HAVE TO SQUEEZE ME IN???

Well the Annapolis staff never called me back. I had called them at 11am. I called the call center 6pm and informed them of this. Once again I was told they will contact the office to see if they could squeeze me in. What the hell? I had to speak to two call center staff who then said they would have supervisor Jada call me back. Well yes Jada call me back. She was able to squeeze me in on 5/3/2016. What the hell? WHY DID I HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL OF THIS JUST TO GET MY PATIENT RIGHTS APPOINTMENT? Then I called LasikPlus call center on 5/9/2016 to schedule my 6-week follow-up. They stated that again the Annapolis center was closed on and they would leave a message to call me back to see if I could be squeezed in. (What is up with this world?)

I told her the last time Annapolis did not call me back and according to my patient right I should be seen when recommend by the doctor. She put me on hold and said she would get in touch with the Columbia office to see if they could squeeze me in. Thank God. THEY FINALLY WERE ABLE TO SQUEEZE ME IN FOR MY DOCTOR RECOMMENDED PATIENT RIGHT 6-week follow-up. What the hell?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2016

Nov. 2014: PRK enhancement on right eye. Result: Loss of near-vision (now require reading glasses). Halos/shimmer around lights at night. Ghosting. Vision is hazy/cloudy (like looking through a dirty transparency). Dry irritated eye. Night vision difficulty (simply can't see as well in low-light). Floaters - they constantly blur my vision, are impossible to ignore, and have dramatically impacted my life. Service: Optometrist ** - bedside manner and attitude was one of disinterest. When I was hoping for reassurance, I received no expression of concern. I left every visit with him anxious and frustrated. E.g. After 3 months of terrible blurry vision, I finally decided to share that I was concerned that my near vision was much worse. He replied, "Yeah. We took that away," in an unconcerned tone.

I felt horrible, but added that my left eye had perfect near-vision. He replied that within 6 months, my left eye would be as bad as my right and I would need reading glasses. Again, the manner in which he gave his prediction was so disheartening... and for no reason. It's been a year since that conversation and my left eye near-vision is still perfect.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2016

I had Lasik done in 2007 in Roseville, California. I paid extra for the lifetime enhancement totaling $3198.00. They have now moved out of California and the closest office is in Portland, Oregon 9 hours one way from me. I'm disabled and unable to drive that far. I have talked to Michael Celebrezze (Chief Executive Officer, LCA Vision). Also talked to Jennifer **, Nancy **, still waiting to hear from Craig Joffe (CEO). All I have gotten is the runaround. After 20+ emails and calling Jennifer ** told me that Dr. ** is the person I need to talk to. Jennifer also told me that LCA Vision isn't LasikPlus and that LCA Vision never was in California...

If you look up LasikPlus you also find LCA Vision. They are one of the same. My vision has changed to the point I need glasses again after I was told I would never have to wear glasses again. I will be filing a small claims suit against them for a full refund, Channel 13 in Sacramento did a segment (Call Kurtis) on LasikPlus. ** This is wrong that a company can come to town, promise a lifetime enhancement and skip town. I'm at the end of my rope, done playing their games.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

Had my surgery today on one eye. The staff was caring and knowledgeable.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2015

After reading their advertisement for Lasik Surgery for $299 per eye, I took time off of work to go to their free consultation. But surprise, surprise I did not qualify for the $299 per eye. Instead it was going to cost me over $3,600. Please don't fall for this switch and bait tactic. I also filed a complaint with the AZ Attorney General, and will also seek legal counsel on this matter.

LasikPlus expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Having performed more than 1.3 million microsurgical procedures, LasikPlus is one of the industries leading providers of LASIK surgery. They offer a convenient setting and no hassle visits to determine eligibility.

• Doctors nationwide: LasikPlus has certified surgeons nationwide, all of whom have received extra training to ensure they meet rigorous hiring standards.

• Lifetime advantage plan: This offers a year of follow-up visits and a lifetime of enhancement procedures as necessary.

• Discounts: Service discounts can mean less comprehensive services. This is not a boutique health provider.

• Best for: The adventurer, Sun lovers