Gordon's Jewelers

Compare Jewelry Stores

Research top Jewelry Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

A year or so ago I was told it would cost $30+ to have a wedding ring cleaned that's insured for lifetime inspection, cleaning & rhodium and it would also take weeks before it's returned. Today I'm told it would take 3+ weeks to return a ring after cleaning. Who walks around 3-4 weeks without a wedding ring because it's "being cleaned". This policy sucks!! I literally hate my ring was purchased here. Their policy & standards have changed dramatically in the past 2 years. I use to have my jewelry cleaned, rhodium, polished & returned in 2-3 days.

I went to a remount sale at Gordon’s AKA: Zales Jewelers and bought a diamond band to have the stone re-set. Again was told to return every 6 months with the ring and inspection sheet and the ring itself in its entirety would be 100% covered. This past year I went to Gordon’s to have a new head on the ring because the stone kept coming loose and didn’t look straight at times. I was told to bring in my 6-month inspection sheet which I had participated in. I wasn’t allowed to fax the inspection sheet to them. After they had the ring for 3 weeks I was told to bring in authentication AMERICAN GEM plastic card. Again a faxed copy was not acceptable.

Having supplied all the required documents including the I received a call that Gordon’s refused to work on my ring because the diamond was chipped. And also because the diamond wasn’t theirs we were told "There is nothing we can do for you." In tears and shaking, with my husband’s blood pressure soaring we realized that we were misrepresented and lied to for years! Never again will we do business with Gordon's.

This happened to me some years ago now, but I figure once a crook, always a crook so I get on every few years to warn people away from this business. I bought an unusual gold and jade ring - it was a formed in a square (rounded edges) with a bar of five.6 carat diamonds across it for my Mom's birthday. The thing that struck me in the showcase was the quality of the diamonds for such small stones. You know how you can tell when they are really good, they just sparkle and shine. That bar of diamonds across the top was apparently loose when I purchased it. I took it back to be repaired and when it came back there was a bar of five 5 pt. diamonds soldered on that were dull and ugly and the solder was dripped everywhere. It looked like a monkey had done the repair.

When I complained about it the manager proceeded to tell me how reputable the business was, how I was insulting him, and how the business could not stay in business since it was based on reputation if they went around doing things like that. Well I kept complaining about it, but they just ignored me. Looking back I think now that the employee that I was dealing with was probably stealing smaller stones by putting the very best smaller stones on rings and when they came back for repair replacing them with the cheap ones, while pocketing the others. At any rate the ring looked crappy after that, so every few years I go online to warn people away from that chain. I certainly haven't ever purchased another thing there over the years and never will.

I have bought at Gordon's Jewelers in Pensacola Fl. over a few years. I recently bought a pendant & I always buy a diamond warranty with everything & a diamond fell out so we returned to be sent off & they put a different color diamond stone in it so we took it back to be sent off again. Yesterday my wife received a call that it was back, so I went there today & they could not find it. So a few hours later my wife called and they found it and had never been sent off yet. If you go to Gordon's in Pensacola Fl deal with the manager only -- her name is Tess. If I don't see her I will not waste my time walking in. All the sale people could say "we can't find it signed."

I took my ring in to Gordon's Jewelers on March 15 of this year. I have received 1 phone call in the past 4 months after I called about my ring! I have called many times and no return calls! I have been to the shop and still no one knows anything about my ring! Absolutely a ridiculous effort to find information on the ring! What can I do... I have even told the people to just return the ring and I will get the repaired elsewhere! Arghhhhh! Gordon's Jewelers!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gordon's Jewelers?

After buying a $3000 ring getting nothing but lies and smart comments for the sales people and manager ever since! They said 10 to 14 days! Then they try to tell me what a business day is!! I know that! Then the day it is due they say it will be another 4 days! They say it's all on their website but if you look that up it says the ring isn't even been worked on! Then they say it is on UPS and I asked them to look up the tracking. And they say they don't get a UPS tracking! One lie after another!! I want a response and it handled.

My husband bought our wedding ring set 10 years ago. We received a Diamond Certificate stating that any lost diamonds would be replaced "Free of Charge" for a LIFETIME. In the past 10 years, both rings have been in the shop for repairs more than we have worn them. Now, part of the large diamond in my engagement ring fell out & was lost. They now tell us we have to buy a different diamond (our expense). OR turn in the 2 rings and get a set at the price we paid 10 years ago. We feel the gold in our old rings is much more valuable NOW than when we bought them 10 years ago. Therefore, if they can't replace the diamond, they should give us today's value of our rings towards the purchase of a new ring!! A Lifetime Certificate means a lifetime!!

My fiancee bought a wedding band with an inscription and insurance from Gordon's Jewelers in Collin Creek Mall. The salesperson sized my finger and we ordered the ring. After wearing the ring for a week it turned my finger white because it was too small and my skin couldn't breathe. Brought the ring back and the same salesman assured us we would not have to come out of pocket for the re-sized ring and inscription. Went to pick up the re-sized ring and was told we had to pay for the inscription. Had he sized the ring correctly the first time we would not need to go thru this. I called the store and asked when the salesman would be there so I could have a conversation with him and the manager. Regardless of the outcome I'm disappointed they would try to charge us for their mistake.

I recently purchased an engagement ring for my fiance. I worked very hard to find the one I felt was perfect for her. The description stated when reading about Gordon's all their jewelry was backed with a lifetime guarantee. Little did I know when I would call them two months after because now the diamonds are falling out of it. It broke my fiance's heart - now she has to look at a ring without all the diamonds because they told me that the specific diamond ring I purchased didn't not come with a lifetime warranty even though stated it is guaranteed a lifetime warranty as the Gordon's promise. They told me I can send it back and wait another 8 weeks for a new one, but I'd have to be reimbursed and then re-buy it. OR I could take it somewhere and pay to have it fixed. Why should I have to pay for a corporation's mistakes???

I purchased a watch from Gordon's. I went back to remove a link so that the watch would fit. They did it but wanted to charge $15 for the service. I refused to pay and decided to return the watch. I paid with a debit card but they would only refund my money by check. I cancelled my Gordon's and Zales account.

At the West Field Broward Mall location displays very poor leadership and managerial skills. After an approved credit transaction, the Store Manager called to inform me that he (personally) decided to not go through with the transaction. This was bias and quite frankly - discrimination. Store Manager called my cell phone to relay his personal feelings after speaking with his sales associate; he asked no questions for clarity after calling me but instead he yelled at the top of his lungs and would not let me finish speaking. He was not in the store when the conversation between the associate and I took place.

The way in which he handled the matter was embarrassing for the Gordons' brand and it definitely lowered its prestige and value, especially being associated with Zales. I will no longer purchase items from Gordon’s or Zales; neither will I ever make any referrals to these stores. Listening is a great attribute in leadership, and that store manager screamed at a customer rather than LISTEN.

I lost my wedding band and went back to Zales where I purchased my ring. I walked in and explained that I lost my ring and want the exact ring. After describing the ring I wore for 7 years to the lady, she goes to a computer and pulls up the website and asked me to look for my ring. I told her I done that already and wanted to come in to the store. She goes back to the showcase and says "These are the rings we have" and I don't know what ring I was wearing since they don't have it there. I tell her "I don't know what to do" so she says "Why don't I think about it and come back when I figure it out."

I decide to stop in Gordon's just to see if they may have my ring. I walked in and explained everything to the salesperson. He says to me the first thing we should do is look up your records since they are connected to zales. I was so excited to hear him say that and said "Wow you think the lady at zales would've thought of that before arguing with me." He then searched to see if there was a store which had it in stock but wasn't, then he explained that it may have been discontinued since 7 years old. He then showed me other rings similar to mine and explained the difference. I walked out with a different ring and happy that I stopped in to Gordons. I really wanted to go back to zales and tell the salesperson about her attitude but didn't feel it was worth my time to do so, this would be a better place to express my feelings.

I ordered and paid for a new wedding band for my husband for our 10 year Anniversary. I was told it would take 1-2 weeks to come in. Three weeks went by so I called to follow up. I was shocked when I called and some woman said they closed their store for good then she referred me to Zales. I then called Zales asking about my order and the lady said she'd look into it and call me back. She never called back so I drove up to the Mall and was even more shocked when I saw that Zales is now closed for remodeling and won't open up until late summer!! WTF! How can a business do this and get away with it?? I sent an email to Zales Corporate because their 800 number was busy. Of course nobody has called me or emailed me back. I don't have a ton of money so I can't really afford a lawyer. But my husband's uncle is a judge so maybe he can steer me into the right direction. Maybe small claims court?

The store sold us diamond engagement ring set which is not worth the amount we paid for ($6000). The appraiser values the set at $500. We bought the ring set on 3/29/2007. We thought that purchasing it with Gordon's was a safe/smart choice since it is a famous old company that has been around since 1905 plus they gave us lifetime warranty. We had never been told by the salesperson that the diamond had an imperfection on the date of sale. The salesperson kept saying we got a very great deal and the diamond will appraise in the years to come. We had never been offered to review the diamond under the microscope for knowing what we were buying into. No GIA certificate has been offered either.

Just over the past weekend, I told my fiance, "Let's see what the ring set worth these days," as we thought of selling them. We then went to a local jeweler to have it appraised. Guess what, the ring set is only valued at $500 and less! The appraiser told us that there is a big crack on the left side of the diamond. Due to the location of that crack, it hurts the value of the diamond a whole lot! The price should have been $500 or less. Again, we did not know any better, or else, we would not have bought the ring set from them. The other thing is that Gordon's never educated us about buying diamonds as for being fair and honest to the consumers. We honestly didn't know what we were buying into.

I purchased a ring for my boyfriend as a promise from me to him. This was on December 6. It needed to be resized so I took it back as I come. Since I did not pay for the insurance they said it would be $40 dollars, I get there and so they say $65. Angry but not ticked yet. They told me it would be ready on January 10. Now comes January 10 I call that day exactly and they tell me they have not sent it in yet.... So, they give me another deadline which was February 13. I was excited because I could get it to my boyfriend for Valentines day. So, I call. They told me it was in. YAY! Now I live an hour away and my college where I called from is two hours away. I drive all that way, I sprint across the store bright as day, I walk in and speak to the manager directly. He said, "Come over here let me see." There in his hands was the old ring.... They still did not send it in and so furious I discussed my issues and went on my merry way. I now have to wait yet another month.... I am a dissatisfied customer.

I have been a credit card holder since the early 1990's and have maintained my account with Gordon's Jewelers in good standing all those years. This card carries insurance coverage in the event I am unemployed which I am now currently unemployed. I was even in good standing while I received unemployment insurance but when it ran out in March 2013, I was unable to make all the payments. I have spoken with Gordon's who says their carrier, Assured Insurance, is a third party company but Gordon's is the one collecting the money for the coverage. Either way, neither company will honor the coverage and is messing up my credit by not honoring the coverage I have paid for all these years.

Assured wants proof on a monthly basis that I am in fact unemployed but without unemployment insurance, how am I to do that? Even the letters from employment services stating that they are helping me in my search for employment was not enough for them to honor the insurance coverage I'm paying for. This is degrading and very depressing to ask anyone every month for proof that I'm unemployed. Can you help me? I have no money coming in and can't afford an attorney at this time. Is there a way to make them honor my coverage? Please let me know.

I purchased a wedding and engagement ring. Gordon's in Manchester, CT 2006 rings inspected, 2007 by Gordon's. Gordon's went out of business in 2008. Zales somehow purchased or took over Gordon's. I went to Zales. They wanted to charge me for inspections and cleaning (ct). They said they were not responsible for Gordon's pieces. I went to other jewelry stores; they cleaned and inspected for free. They said that wasn't true. 2012 ring fell apart. The gold on the band broke losing the diamonds with it. I took it to Zales, and they said it was my problem. They fixed it and now another section has broken away - about 1 inch of the band and another diamond. Zales refuses to fix. They would send it for estimate to repair. I spent over $2,000 to purchase a piece of garbage that I was assured would be fixed if something like this happened.

I purchased a ring for my wife for Christmas, knowing that the size was wrong. Because Christmas was so close, they couldn't be sure the resized ring would be ready in time for the holiday. The clerk assured me that I could bring it back after the holiday and it would be done for us. Several days after to Christmas, we brought it in for resizing. Also, my wife had noticed that the prongs holding the stones in place were protruding and could catch on her clothing and possibly damage them. We were notified at that time there would be a $40 charge for the resizing since I didn't purchase the insurance for the ring, which cost $65, something the clerk failed to mention at the time of purchase. They did, however, agree to fix the prong problem for nothing so we decided to go ahead, and I gave her the envelope I received containing my receipt at the time of purchase. We were told it would take several weeks.

About a month and a half went by, we received a call saying it was ready to pick up. We went into the store. My wife tried it on and it fit fine, however; the prongs were still protruding. The manager then told us they tried to fix the problem but when they filed them down the prongs, the stones fell out. She said we could return the ring for a refund but we still had to pay the $40 for resizing. We were fed up with our treatment at that point and decided to return the ring anyway. That's when we discovered that when we brought the ring in to resize, the clerk didn't return my receipt to the envelope. The manager then told us in order to receive our refund, without my receipt, it would have to be approved by her manager and company headquarters. I asked if she had the transaction on her computer. She said yes but that made no difference. She said I should have checked to see that the receipt was present. We're still waiting to hear about the refund.

I took my ladies' Bulova watch in for a battery replacement. Since the store sells Bulova watches, I assumed this would be a simple transaction. I dropped off my watch on a Tuesday and was told it would be ready on Friday. I was skeptical as I've had other watch batteries replaced at other jewelers while I waited, but against my better judgement I left it. I heard nothing on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Sunday afternoon I called to inquire about my watch. I was told it wasn't ready but might be by later that day and at the very latest, it would be ready on Monday. By Monday afternoon, I had not received a call so I followed up again. I spoke to a woman named Jasmine, who couldn't even locate my watch. Mark took over my call and told me he would be back in touch with me after following up with the watch repair guy.

After an hour, I called back since Mark had not called me. At that time I was told he still hadn't heard anything. I stated I would be in at 5PM to pick up my watch regardless of the battery being replaced or not. I just wanted it back. I was told that would be physically impossible since my watch was offsite. Not once during my visit or the many phone calls was I ever told this would be taken care of offsite. Mark called me a few minutes later to tell me my watch was found and the battery was done. I picked up my watch to discover the back of it is completely scratched as is the side. I will never go to Gordon's Jewelers again. I have zero confidence in their ability and their customer service is terrible.

My fiance and I were shopping at the Gordon's in Frisco. He wanted me to give him an idea for rings. The manager there was helping us and she acted like we were wasting her time. She kept getting up to answer the phone & would talk to her staff while we were trying to pick out a ring. We were very displeased. She was all over the place. We want to purchase from Gordon's since we have a Gordon's credit card but she gave us a bad experience and we will never go back.

My fiance and I went to Gordon's to order his wedding band. We waited for it to come in. The first time it came in, it was a woman's wedding band. So, I reordered it. The 2nd time it came in, it was the wrong ring and wrong size. I reordered it a 3rd time. It came back the wrong color. By that time, we had reordered it so many times it had taken 4 months and the ring had discontinued. So, we had to get our money back and go somewhere else and find another ring. In our case, we had time to keep reordering it. In other people's case, they may not. It's horrible.

My husband has had a credit account with Gordon's since 2001. A few years ago, he had a wallet stolen with the card inside and contacted Gordon's to notify them. I think he set up a password or something if he needed to use the card in the future. Fast forward Christmas 2010, my husband went into Gordon's and made a purchase. He cannot remember the password, so they set him up a new account. He was making payments at the stores or calling. He missed the payment in July, so I looked at the statement and set up an automatic payment through our bank. So in September, my husband looked at the statement and noticed that there was a credit on the account and zero due. He called them and found out that in July, they switched the balance from the new account back to the old account and did not bother to notify us. We had a past due balance on the account for the past 3 months and we did not get anything from them about that.

So my husband is trying to get this all straightened out, but couldn't get anyone to help him. He left on deployment before it was resolved and so it was up to me to handle it. I could not do anything without the power of attorney, so I faxed it in to them. I called a few days later to see if they received it and they had not, so I faxed it again. Two days later, still not received. Next, I mailed it. I waited a week and they still had not received it. So they gave me another fax number, but that fax number did not work. So after a month of them not getting it, my husband called from his ship and told them to give me permission to access the accounts and I think he ended up getting it taken care of because when I called to get the situation fixed, they said it was already done.

While this was going on, I changed the account number on our bank's web bill pay site. When I was talking to them, the lady noticed a payment that was sent to the inactive account. So she transferred it back. This was in October. November, I got a late payment notification. I come to find out the payments I made to the correct account are getting reversed and moved to the inactive account. This happens every single month and every single month, I have to call them and explain the situation. Every single month, they tell me my husband has to call in order to move the money. Every single month, I tell them I have sent in the POA and my husband is on deployment so he can't call. Every time, they say "oh, there it is" and then are able to help me. They have blamed this little glitch on my bank sending it to the wrong account, but I see on my statement that it goes into the right account and is moved. I even made a payment on their website to prove it was them and they still want to blame my bank.

Well, I called them hoping for the last time to make the final payment over the phone and hoping the payment would not get reversed again. I just checked it today and it was reversed, so I called them. Surprise, surprise. They could not help me because I am only an unauthorized user and can't make changes or some crap like that. I told them the same thing I tell them every month and she said she doesn't see it, so they can't help me. Hopefully, my husband is able to call on the crappy satellite phone from the ship and take care of this problem for the last time. I am so done with this company. We have had nothing but problems.

I bought three rings from this company. A wedding band in June 2010, a wrap in Dec 2010, and a men's wedding band in Feb 2011. I bought warranties for all three pieces and anytime its inspection time, the rings are sent out to their jeweler for work to get done on them, (aka rhodium,polish,buff). They come back more messed up than when I dropped them off with a haze that can't be removed and them not putting the satin finish back into one ring.

I have spoken with the store manager at the Burnsville Mall in MN and quit going there after having to turn my ring back repeatedly. Their fix was to exchange the ring for a new one, which I don't see how that would fix the problem if when it goes back in for rhodium it will have the same outcome after being rhodium dipped. I have been told that they have had a bad batch of rhodium as well. Now, I travelled to Mall of America Gordon's and this is the second time that I have had to send my rings back in to get redone. They never get it right and I don't know what anyone is willing to do about this problem since it's their jeweler they use to fix/maintain the rings.

I wasted gas, patience, and wish that I never purchased from this company as a happy moment has turned into a nightmare.

I purchased 4 items online. As new customer, I was offered $50 discount on orders over $300. My order total was in excess of $400. I received the $50 discount. However, I later returned 1 item, and received a full refund, less $12.50. The vendor told me the $50 discount was applied pro-rata to each of the 4 items. I explained that even after having returned 1 item, my order total was still in excess of the $300 order total, which was the only condition of the original offer. I contacted the company, and they denied my request for a refund, with no reason.

My APR was increased without notifying me. I called Gordon's and I asked why my APR was increased. I was told by a representative that they sent out a notice stating that they were increasing my APR. I never received a notice. I asked for my APR to be lowered but I was told that if they lower my APR, they would close my account. This is going to go against my credit if they will lower my APR. I do not want my account closed.

I bought two rings. One was 5.5 and one was an 8. When they were received by me - they were both 5.5. I returned the rings by Fed Ex and the return label provided by Gordons - and they have never refunded my credit card. I have been in contact with them 3 times asking for a refund and nothing gets done. I am paying interest on $210.00 and carrying this balance on my credit card.

My husband purchased a 3 caret diamond bracelet from Gordons Saturday Feb. 23rd.. I wore it for the first time on Feb. 26th. I went to lunch and came back to my office and notice the bracelet had fallen off my wrist. I called Gordons to tell them that the bracelet we purchased had a bad clasp on it because it fell off my wrist.. I asked the lady I talked to whose name was Tammy if they replaced defaulted jewelery like that. I explained to her that the bracelet fell off my wrist due to a bad clasp because a bracelet that cost that kind of money would have a secure clasp on it to keep it from falling off your wrist. She told me there was nothing they could do about it.

We spent a lot of money on this bracelet and I feel the bracelet's clasp was not secure and it should be replaced. I have two other diamond bracelets that I have had for years and they have never fallen off my arm.. I felt that Gordons should have replaced the bracelet. I bought another bracelet just like that one so that my husband would not know it fell off my wrist. That bracelet did the same thing, I just happen to catch it because I was aware of the fact that it may fall off my wrist. I reported them to the BBB and they offered me 200.00 gift card. I did turn it down. The bracelet was an 800.00 dollar bracelet. When i rejected the offer the case was closed, just like that.

Gordon's Jewelers Company Profile