World Patent Marketing

Consumer notice: World Patent Marketing is under investigation by the FTC: https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2017/03/ftc-halts-invention-promotion-scheme-charged-bilking-millions

World Patent Marketing is a global leader in patent intelligence and a manufacturer of patented products. The company provides a "one-stop-shop" for inventors and entrepreneurs around the world which include the following services: Patent and Invention Intelligence, Patent Valuation, Industrial Design and Engineering, Prototyping, Manufacturing, Digital Marketing, Customer Insight, TV and Video Production and Web and Mobile App Development.

World Patent Marketing CEO Scott Cooper is well known for his criticisms of the cost of patents and his warnings about the global asset patent bubble. He has called attention to the irrational valuation of $50 trillion in intangible assets on corporate balance sheets around the world.

Compare Invention and Patent Services

Research top Invention and Patent Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

It’s been 2 years since I started with WPM. I gave them over $700.00 to start with my invention. They gave me a great review and said it was a great idea and should continue on. The last April 2016 I gave them $6000 to patent my invention. They called a couple of times. Said all was in the works. I now get a message once in a while asking to call back, when I do all I get is a answering machine, Never a live person. Now I'm being threaten and saying I need to pay the attorney who filed for patent for the sum of $2500 seeing how WPM did not pay them. I'm at a loss. I am trying to find some more money so I can get a lawyer to pursue this matter. All in all this company thrives on people who have great concepts and no $ backing. They talk them into borrowing from all possible people and give it to WPM then stick you. So beware of this company.

Two years ago World Patent Marketing took my money and invention and played me like an **! It’s been almost a year since I've spoken to anyone from their office. I call with no luck! Just a answering machine. I want to sue them but my wife is sick and her medical bills are high. My invention is a multibillion-dollar invention (Digital Memorial Album) for the cemeteries around the world. If anyone has an idea please call me at **.

I was given a false sense of hope by this company. It was all for some bozo to fill his pockets with our money. My family, friends and Co-workers were so excited and happy for me. I was telling all of them how much this company believed in my idea. They had me send them 1295.00 for a report that I was told was a must have. My So-called Project Manager was filling my head with thoughts that I was hoping would come true one day. I was telling him how I was a single father and I lived paycheck to paycheck as a union carpenter. And I was not financially able to afford to this. And he just kept trying to get me to purchase one of the more expensive options.

I posted a message on The Shark Tank website because I had no clue how to reach someone who could invest or back my idea. WPM contacted me minutes after I posted the message. They pursued me with all intentions of taking my money... It's horrible. I made a prototype after he told me "THE TEAM" loved my idea and they wanted to get it ready for the Tradeshows. I told him I was so nervous about sending him the photos. Because when believe in your idea and it starts to move in a positive direction it's not easy to let people know about or see it. WHY? This is why there are people out there just like this. And you hope that it would never happen to you.

So Thanks for Making a nightmare become a reality... I want my money back! I wanna be paid for all the time and sleep I lost. All those emotions of joy and dreams coming true that you falsely had my experience. You changed the way I think about our society. You should have to pay for it... Just to let you know, you have taken food from our children, money from our savings and put our lives in turmoil. I'm thankful I didn't have more money to send because I would have. I want to thanks those inventors out there that brought this to light. YOU ARE AMAZING.There are good people in this world. And they will give us justice.

They use cheap labor to cut their cost. Beware. These people really don't care about you at all. When applying they are so wonderful. After they get your money and I quote "Do you think you're important. We have much more important things to do than to talk to you." Stay away from these ripoff artist. I lost over $10,000.

Good day Everyone, this company will collect your valuable information about your business or patent. I tried to find partners in order to patent and later to find business partners. World Patent Marketing represents itself well, check out from their web page. It could be good business, but it seems it is fraud. They stole my patent and idea. I do not know how is it possible, that this company even works. We will see what future brings, how badly they damaged my business. This fraud is going too far. Could be fine business, but not worth of posting your ideas and things that does not have patent. So we will find out, what this company is up to and why they do not cooperate plus how they handle all this data, how business is done.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about World Patent Marketing?

I was duped in this scam too. I was working with Paulo and Yves, I was completely fooled. May I also say, heartbroken. My idea is a great one that no one has patented yet. I did follow through and get a patent pending from the USPTO though. I borrowed money from our retirement because I was convinced that this was a million dollar idea. It just takes the wind out of your sails, plus it is downright embarrassing, I feel like such a fool. I hope that somehow I get all of my money back plus, for the mental anguish that it has caused. I don't have the energy to pursue my invention now. Thanks WPM!!

I'm writing because WPM's assets are frozen and my patent never made it to fruition. The FTC is suing them, and reality is that this company was a scam all along. I did a year's worth of research before investing $8000 in World Patent Marketing. A big red flag that something was awry was when I learned that my patent had not been drawn up by a real attorney. It needed redone, and a real attorney finally drew it up. But not long after, I was told that my lawyer had ceased working with WPM because they hadn't paid him in months.

Then I read that they were being sued and that their assets had been frozen. That they threatened to sue those who tried to file complaints. It's sad that Jimmy ** (if that's his real name) lied to me at the get-go that my patent would make it and that I could plan to pay a few things off with the money, not buy an island. But now, what's vital is that I get my $8000 reimbursed. I've filed a dispute with Discover card and also with the FTC. If anyone can offer more advice, would you please let me know?

I was also a member of WPM. To make a long story short I was scammed out of 15,000.00 to have my idea patented and on the market. I actually took out a 24,000.00 loan against my home because I trusted them. They lied and praying the FTC can get our money back. I will not let Scott Cooper take my dream away. Any shark tank investors want to make money... they should contact everyone who have great ideas with WPM. Just my opinion!

I paid $1299 for marketing support and a patent search. I received nothing and now the phones are disconnected and the email address isn't working. I'm working with Visa to get my money back. Stay away from this company!

I've spent over $28,000.00 on 2 patent inventions in 3 years that still never made it past revisions. I'm tired of getting jerked. They constantly changed my attorney. Kept making stupid changes on my revisions. Waited months to hear from anyone. I was constantly leaving messages to Yves **, Duncan **, F **, Karen **, Emmanuel, Christie **, the last attorney Mack **, now I understand they been scamming me.

I took loans for my patents. I'm a disabled old woman. Trying to provide for my children and Grandchildren, I'm so in debt. They made so many promises, marketing get me manufacturing deals trade shows and NOTHING. I'M A VERY SICK WOMAN who doesn't need this additional stress. Does anyone here know if there a class action suit against them. If so where can I find it. And will the FTC help us in getting our money back? Like isn't the FTC SUPPOSE TO represent the consumer. Any here tell me anything???

I was very hopeful with the immediate contact I received and even more so when the market analysis showed my idea as very marketable but should have seen the signs when I was pressured to pay so that my idea could be presented at the Trade Shows that begin in January (this was October 2014). So I put the money on my credit card thinking this company had my back--heck they'd get 10% of any proceeds so why wouldn't they want to sell my idea. Over the next 3 or so months communications continued and then nothing. I sent many emails and tried to phone the next "pass off" person should have been a red flag then. It was then mentioned that it would take 1 1/2 years to get my patent complete.

More emails and phone calls--actually received a response from Scott Cooper Himself (supposedly). But most times the email stating that my question was answered by another email stating the commitment to me--such bs. I have questioned for the past 1 1/2 years and every time I sent an email lo and behold I received an email with attachments to sign for submission to another company. They cover their tracks or attempt to but I have had my doubts on being "scammed" for over 2 years. I knew it could feel something was off.

I put my life savings in this to hope for some return. I have 2 kids in college and another one next year. I had hoped to secure their future. I would like to get a response from the Receivership but have yet to hear despite 5 voicemails and 4 emails. Has anyone got a response? A Patent Lawyer got back to me in a day to say he would help for $1500. At this point I don't trust anyone. Thank you WPM for putting me in financial distress with your broken promises, fraudulent activities and lies. I hope you all go to jail for scamming many innocent and hardworking people such as myself out of their hard earned money and dreams. Yes I am college educated.

My partner and I collaborated with WPM back in 2015 and were assisted by Anthony **. We invested about $14,000 towards our invention and got nothing in return. I have numerous of emails saved where I would contact them letting them know we were not satisfied and requested telephone conferences with them but rarely ever heard back from them. At one point I called USPTO myself and was informed about a payment WPM did not make. So I emailed WPM and let them know the steps they needed to take to make the payment and extend the application deadline. One attorney quit and called me harassing me and yelling at me because she claimed WPM used her credentials without her permission to file our application.

I spoke to several WPM representatives such as Kathleen **, Katlin **, and Sianna ** asking if we can terminate the contact and all of them said no. I was notified by Chris ** in October of 2016 that our "package" no longer included the actual development of our application and that we needed to pay an additional $10. Thankfully, we did fall for it. Stay away from this company. I've left Scott ** several voicemails and never heard from him. He never even contacted us. They are a SCAM!!

My experience with WPM was good. At the beginning of the process they did everything it took for me to work with them to get my product patented and to have a factory to start making the product then a company to distribute the idea but everything stopped this year. Please someone help me. I have already spent 10,000 dollars and I have no one to contact. I don't want to lose more money.

We invested approx 16,000 to market an idea of my husband's. Researched this company, checked ConsumerAffairs and Better Business Bureau websites to check ratings. We had not heard from our rep- Lionel for approx 4 weeks, attempted to call today for update. Unfortunately his number as well as World Patent Marketing numbers have been disconnected. Wpm website is still up. We have lost $16,000, and are feeling very foolish. Can any charges be brought against this so-called company?

Everything seemed legit and exciting! Neil ** was amazed at how simple and broadly needed my invention was. He as well as my previous developer, Davison couldn't believe my idea hadn't already been done. A total of three independent patent searches revealed no previous patents. Davison performed one of these searches, before I contacted WPM. For the record, I have no ill will toward Davison. We just couldn't come to agreement to foster a future relationship. Three independent market searches revealed no existing non-patented product on the market.

All this being known and confirmed, Neil ** was excited to pursue idea. He told me that once I achieved patent pending status, WPM would be willing to invest $50,000 of their money to partner on developing this product. For this product, the industry is vibrant, the infrastructure and distribution is already in place. We can contract an existing manufacturer to use our dies on his machine and we're in business! Feb 2016 I paid the fee in full. I was assigned to Rick ** who assisted me in finalizing the paperwork. Then, nothing... From March 2016 - Aug 2016?? Nothing but reply emails: "We are working diligently."

Finally, after slinging a pretty hefty worded email in Aug 2016 I was assigned a contractor patent agent. From that point till late March 2017 it was one excuse after another. "Gimme two weeks." "I'll have you done by the end of the month." "This month for sure!" "Next month at the latest..." Until finally, I get a reply email last week (Last week of March 2017) from my patent agent informing me, that WPM has been locked down and is in receivership. I believe this particular patent agent is innocent and probably a victim himself. I believe he was putting me off because of WPM and their cover up schemes.

So now? What to do? I'm getting emails from patent agents offering their services to continue the process. All it takes is more money. MY MONEY! There is a class action lawsuit being generated. I believe: The low life parasitic scum sucking predators formally known as World Patent Marketing should lose everything they have and go to jail. Let us all pull together and make that happen!

I've been with World Patent Marketing since February 2015. They LOVED my idea and said they did research for me stating nothing else was on the market like my invention. I trusted them, they sounded very interested in helping me at first. I first gave them $1,295.00 for a patent search. A couple months later I gave them $11,995.00 for a Utility Patent. Many months went by with no calls they had my money and now it was hard to get in touch with them. They made promises yet didn't deliver.

On August 2016, my patent agent Marina ** emailed me letting me know that she had left World Patent Marketing and I need to get another patent agent. I called WPM to see what was going on they said they would get me another agent. They got Rachel **. She informed me that in order to proceed I would need to pay more money because now we'll have to start over or partially over at the cost of $1190.00 with a Designer Patent. Not wanting to lose my patent I agreed. So far I paid $200.00 on the Designer Patent. Today I tried to contact World Patent Marketing and all the phone numbers I called says the number is disconnected. Where do I go from here? Don't know who to trust at this point. DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE ANY MONEY!!! Is there a Class Action Lawsuit I can join? Please let me know if you are involved with one.

My experience has been horrible. I paid 495 for an intelligence report and I never received anything. I tried to call my consultant and the number was no longer available. I want my money back and I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Yes everyone is very helpful and will tell you great things. We with inventions think ours is the best. Been promised many things (trade shows, fast marketing, promotion) most were minimally done, or not at all. Went with WPM because of lack of knowledge on our part and took the gamble, 3 years later still waiting. Beware.

If I can help one single person steer clear of World Patent Marketing, then this is worth it. Today (3/23/17) I received an email from Attorney advising that the Operations of WPM have been ceased by order of the FTC. In the attachment emailed from the Attorney, it advises that "The Federal Trade Commission alleges that Mr. Cooper (WPM CEO used the Companies to engage in fraudulent and deceptive trade practices which harm consumers." The article goes on to cite specific examples, and as I read it a lot of what I experienced made sense.

When you first speak to WPM, they'll butter you up and make you think your invention has all of the potential in the world to make money. First red flag (should have been) when William ** (Project Manager) kept calling me multiple times a day asking when I would have the funds transferred so that I could start "seeing some extra income in a matter of months". I since learned how long the patent review process takes. On average it takes 1-2 years. That should have been the first red flag.

Once they have your money, it is a NIGHTMARE trying to get in touch with someone. They started implementing an automatic response system that essentially replies to your email with a ticket, advising that your email has been received and someone will get back with you. However even then it's extremely difficult to get in touch with anyone - let alone talk with anyone on the phone. They pay you all the attention in the world prior to getting your money. And then once you've paid, well... sorry.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from World Patent Marketing. I've heard stories from folks in the legal system over the last handful of months about how the United States Patent and Trademark Office has an unfavorable view of WPM. With the email I received today about the FTC investigation, it all makes sense. They cite examples of people who have left bad reviews of WPM and have been threatened to be sued (by WPM) and face jail time. It's absolutely ridiculous. I'm paying back a loan I took against my 401k to fund what I paid WPM. Worst mistake of my life.

Worked with Robert ** for a product I made. Was excited, gave up $1000. All was good so needed $15000. Took awhile but sent to WPM. Got a email with story needed more information. Stuff I had already done. Sent me to Janice **. So as of now about a month email acct no good. Do not return calls. As I see it I've out $16000. Lesson learned. They are smooth. I'm not stupid and they raped me.

I have been trying to communicate with this company since I paid $10000 per core services three weeks ago. Today seeing that they don't reply my messages or my e-mails I decided to drive to Miami to see what was happening. Take me a big surprise to discover that the whole office was empty. There was nothing in there. The door was open but there was nobody or furniture, everything had just disappeared. The great and beautiful office where I had been sitting a month before talking with agents simply no longer exist. They did not leave any sign on the door or anything, a large empty suite and with a sign of for lease is all that remains, what more can I say? I think I have been cheated...

About 1 year ago we presented an idea to World Patent Marketing. They LOVED our idea and said they did research for us stating nothing else was on the market like our idea. We trusted them because they were always available to us by phone and sounded very interested in helping us. We gave them $13,000 to get our patent pending. Many months went by with excuse after excuse why we did not get any information from the lawyer working on our case. Finally after us contacting the lawyer directly we received a patent pending notice.

Today we got a call from this attorney stating he has not been paid from World Patent Marketing all the money due for the services he has rendered. He has cut ties from them as they are now being investigated by the Federal Trade Commission. I guess we are lucky that we actually got a patent pending, but we will need to pay more money to have it completed. I just don't know who to trust at this point. DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE ANY MONEY!!! We are looking for a Class Action Lawsuit to join. Please let us know if you are involved with one.

I have not heard from this company after they charged me 695 dollars for a intelligence report and patent process. No one returns emails or calls. I feel like and know I've lost my money and been scammed.

Be very careful with this company! It will start out submitting your idea to their website. Then I was contacted by Chris **. This guy is slick, he will make you think you have the best idea since sliced bread. Then they will hit you up for $900 dollar to consumer test your idea. Then Chris called me to tell me my product scored high and that we need to move forward, time is of essence. Remember they will tell you all kind of things. Starting off with this is where your work ends and theirs begins. They are only going to take 10% and you get to keep 90% and they are going to spend at least 50,000 marketing your idea. The risk is all theirs. All you have to do is pay for the patent and it only 12,995. They will handle all the patent stuff. They are going to use their lawyer and this will only take 3 to 6 months.

Understand when I say these people are slick I mean it. Then I was transferred to a guy named Sergio **. This guy is going to take your money and promise you the world. Once they get your money this is where the fun begins. I didn't hear any from anyone for three months and if you get Sergio to answer the phone (This will take days) He rudely pass you off to the patent processing 1-888-926-8174 Ext-300. I think this is when I know I lost my money. But not going to make it easy on them. So I call patent processing and they will pull your file and they will email you with your lawyer info and they are contacting him too to make sure that he will get back to you.

This was the first lawyer that was assigned to me. We traded email back and forth promising he will have everything done for me to review next week. Every week he had a new excuse why it would be next week. Then I received email saying he is no longer working on my patent that I need to contact WPM. Called processing and I was told they assigned me a new lawyer to better represent me. He name was Mark **. Contact Mark by email and he gets right back to me. Was told all the paperwork would be ready in a months for review. It wasn't long after a month that all contact ended with Mark. Here we go again.

Called processing and I have a new lawyer and his name is Andrew **. I was told he would finish it the first of February. February rolls around and not to my surprise, still no paperwork! So I contact Andrew and he replied "Hello John, I am looking into this. For some reason you were removed from my client list hence why you have not heard from me so let me get to the bottom of this and get back to you." That was February 11 2017 and March 1st I received this from Andrew "Hey John, I wanted to send you an update with my current issue with WPM. They haven't paid me in months and the CC they use to file the apps has been declined. I am fearing the worst from them and wanted to let you know that around the 15th if these are not fixed I will be leaving WPM. I will reach out to you then and talk with you. Can you please provide me with your phone number to call around that date?"

These are his words! Have email to back it. So I called processing and I was told due to the complex of my patent it was reassigned to Lawyer Rechel. I have sent Two email to Rechel and cannot get a reply. I told processing what Andrew said and all processing could say is she insured me that was not the case. Over and over again! I told processing I wanted to talk to management. I was told I would be contacted. Still no contact!

Look good and you will see all the five star are people just starting. They will call you day and night until and I mean until they get your money. Then good luck! When you start with WPM and they still trying to get you money you will receive call from them wanting you to see how they are doing and wanting you to fill out reviews on them. They will ask you to fill them out before they even really do anything! If you read their reviews you can tell they are new to WPM. Here we are at the end and I can see my dreams and money gone! Wish there was a NO STAR review!

So I've been dealing with World Patent Marketing for almost 2 years now. I saw it online and I read all these amazing things on their website that makes them seem wonderful. I explained to the Project Manager Johnny ** that my knowledge on patents and invention marketing was limited and I was new to this type of domaine. Since I have several other business and it limits my time I figured the best way is to go with a company like this one and what fools you to trust them is the fact they have these fake A ratings for reviews. I have regretted my decision to trust them and give them my money so much that they have even turned me off and discouraged my hunger for my own project!

Johnny my supposed project manager lured me in by promising me things such as: A PROFESSIONAL global market analysis, a media press release, drawings for my patent, LEGAL HELP WITH LAWYERS for litigations in case someone breaches my patent. He even promised a particular patent attorney that is specialized in my idea but NONE OF THESE THINGS WERE DONE PROPERLY OR EVEN DONE AT ALL. But most importantly he kept telling me that I would even get my money back if I don't obtain the patent for it. It's hard not to believe these professional liars when they always remind you of their A+ ratings. Believe me when I tell you I am not the one to be fooled but I had never heard of the infamous INVENTION MARKETING SCAM.

Little did I know I was already sunk in it with the slick talking solicitor. They will walk you through the reading of their contract and fool you verbally with lies while he explains it. I slowly started uncovering all the lies and schemes, but it was only after I had already given them $12995. To begin with my PM Johnny would always discourage me from doing a provisional patent. He use to say anyone can do it for $60. This guy even invented this lie saying that; as of the day my patent attorney would START writing my patent session, is the day my priority date would be in line for the patent. I only found out he was lying after I signed their contract and I insisted on them doing a provisional for me in the meanwhile. The provisional was hell. The drafts they prepared for my business method patent had nothing to do with what I was patenting. I had to re-write most of them myself.

The drawings for the patent were so poorly done so I told them what needed to be modified, instead of fixing the drawings, that department ignored my calls for 12 days. I went to someone I know to have them quickly done. After I gave them my modified drawings that I paid $50 to have done I specifically told them use to these my drawings not the ones WPM did initially. And they actually went and filed the provisional with the wrong initial drawings they made.

I realized at that moment that the staff working there is either under qualified or this is just a scam so I started doing my own research. I figured the $995 I paid in the beginning for a global market analysis and the prior arts search is probably also not professionally done. I went on the USPTO website myself and found prior arts that are almost exactly what I am patenting which makes it useless to even patent this at all. So basically I would never be in all of this mess with them if they had done a proper prior art search which I paid for.

That is probably why I was offered to do a app instead but I am not interested. I just want a refund. I have records of all of the mistakes and situations I have faced with WPM. I made sure to tell WPM before we start the process of the non provisional business method patent that I do not wish to continue working with them. I would like to resolve this asap because I have lost a lot of time on this and this has caused me a hair loss disorder.

Consumer Increased Rating!

When you first sign up you are paired with a person who will call you, talk to you and that person is very pleasant. That is when the company will start encouraging you to write a review about their company and the person you are working with. I looked up reviews and they all say the same things. I work with John, Fred, Mary, Sam and in our case it was Jimmy and that person is so helpful, nice, answers my questions, etc. I told my husband that I do not see any reviews from people who have been with the company for a while or who have had any successes. I did not write a review and felt I would wait until there was something real to write a review about.

Well, here I am almost 2 years later and I am writing now. Nothing has happened. Jimmy was gone a long time ago. Don't have one person anymore. Have an email address to a dept. The answers I get to my questions are canned and sometimes don't apply to the question. Nothing has happened with our product and I am not sure anything will. Needless to say, we have not been asked for our opinion since the very beginning. If I am wrong and things do work out, I will let you know that as well.

I have been working with World Patent Marketing for almost 2 years and have gotten nothing but a patent file number that cost 450.00. We invested almost 20,000 with this company and they have done absolutely nothing for us or my invention but file a patent which was actually done incorrectly. We also paid for a Global Patent which has not been filed back in 2015 with our invention and still nothing. They are not transparent and very secretive about what is happening to your invention and who is handling each process. We have no choice but to go after this company and the unlawful practices they commit daily to people.

Just in the beginning stage of my project. My go to person has been Sherry so far and she's been very helpful in this process. I would recommend this site To anyone who is thinking of going forward on an idea. Can't wait to see where we end up.

He has been there every step of the way. He is understanding and easy to understand. He didn't push me into anything when I wasn't ready. I would stay with John if I ever had another idea. He's my go to guy.

So I would have to say Sherry **, was very nice and helpful. I would have to say it is like a vacation, we like the salesmen so far but to tell you how the trip was we are still in the driveway, so we have a long way to go before I HAVE A STORY TO TELL YOU.

World Patent Marketing Company Profile