Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 3 stars2
  • 2 stars2
  • 1 stars6

worldpatentmarketing.com

World Patent Marketing, founded in 2010, is the world's fastest growing Patent Assistance Organization (PAO).

World Patent Marketing specializes in helping inventors with their patent application and related needs for an affordable price. The company and its employees are well known in the industry for knowledge and expertise in patent research, patent filings, patent searches, invention studies, utility patents, design patents, PCTs, European Union Patents, manufacturing, licensing and more. World Patent Marketing employs and contracts with over 350 people across four continents.

We understand that it is important for our clients to work with a team that cares, which is why World Patent Marketing only hires trained, passionate professionals that aspire to work with and support you in making your original product an even bigger success!

Chris ** did a very good job answering all of my questions. He was very helpful in telling things to me that I didn't understand. Definitely knows how to see what I'm telling him in detail of the project in which we are working on together.

I've been working with Johnny ** my project manager at World Patent Marketing since Nov. 2015 - he has stayed in contact with me regarding their progress for my idea (even on Saturdays and late evenings). He has proved to me to be as motivated about my idea as I am. After months of corresponding on the phone with Johnny ** World Patent Marketing gave me the opportunity to meet face to face with Johnny ** and Jerry ** in the Miami office late January 2016 - and that meeting with these two gentlemen clearly demonstrated to me their dedication to the project. WPM has shown me they are on top of their game in the whole marketing/patent process and they have earned my utmost respect.

So far I have been happy with WPM. For other inventors reading this that are just getting started, just be aware that the process is not a quick one which often causes doubt. I started process around Feb 2016 and just got my Patent in late June. Patent is also fairly costly but WPM does work with you on payments. I had Rick as my Project Manager and he was great to work with. We did have some problems with drawings etc which was and can be frustrating. I had many doubts along the process but all the way through to my Patent being filed by Mack WPM has done what they said they would do. It worked out that I was in Daytona Beach on vacation when I had to make the major $$$ decision to go ahead with patent or not so I took a day and drove down to Miami to meet with Rick at WPM.

It made me feel much better to put a name with a face. I just had my press release so have not got a licensing deal as of yet but I am hoping for one in next few months. If and when I get a licensing deal I will post and update if I'm allowed. Good Luck everyone!!!

Sage is my my Project Manager and until now I can say that he is a real professional at what he is doing! Good job Sage, thank you!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Aug. 15, 2016

I had a phone conversation with Scott **. We figured out our misunderstandings. He explained that due to the nature of his business, not many people succeed and we could only do business together if I had a firm belief in my product.

I am satisfied with the fact that Scott took the time to resolve the issue via personal phone call.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2016

Of course, there were warning signs. Too many: unprofessional staff who knew nothing about patent process, just very concerned about making the sale; the silly report they provided that contained public information that could be easily found on the internet; pressure time and again for money. Now, I just had an e-mail communication with the company CEO Scott Cooper. I have never experienced a more unprofessional, bully-like response he gave me. He called me names. He acted the way never to be expected from a professional. By doing that, he just made me more convinced that World Patent Marketing is no more than a scam. Today I was informed that there is a class action suit going on against it. Please hold on to your money. Do not fall into the trap I've foolishly fallen into.

Updated 8/15/2016 - After publishing my review, I received a legal threat from World Patent Marketing. Throughout the years, I have published numerous reviews about businesses I'd had an encounter with on various social media. WPM is the only business that has reacted in such bully and defensive way. I have expressed my honest opinion and as far as know we still live in a country with freedom of speech. Their reaction is only making me more convinced about my findings. The company that is confident about it being right would never give out such defensive response. They would actually try to listen to their client's concern and to resolve the matter in a professional way.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about World Patent Marketing?

Dean was very helpful. I am an engineer. I have no knowledge of legal processes of any of this type of stuff. I felt as if my hand was help through the entire process the whole time and I am very thankful to Dean for always being there for me.

Paulo did a very outstanding job on explaining the steps of a patent and answering all questions and was very professional. l look forward to working the Paulo and the World Patent Marketing staff. Would highly recommend Paulo and World Patent Marketing.

She was very on top of everything which I love about Sherry.

This company answers questions in a professional manner. Their response time is great. Although I have just started working with them, I feel very comfortable, which is extremely important. Anthony does a great job.

It's way early in the process, but thus far, I've been very impressed with WPM and my rep, Jameson. He's on the ball and seems to be excited about my invention.

Dean ** was and has been very insightful in our quest to forego on my invention in the pet industry. Upon starting this venture I was very nervous at the idea and try not to succumb to defeat but in the dimmest moments when I felt failure was near, Dean stepped in and reassured me that everything was going to be okay. He has one of the mildest tones when talking to someone that says that all is well and that is a feeling that every client should encounter when trying anything new and I am glad, very pleased, and overwhelmed with joy that Dean ** was my agent throughout this process.

Sage went above and beyond what I would have expected. He answered every single question that I had asked and I asked a whole lot of them! I had even talked to him after hours and he had no problems helping me out. He's a hard worker.

I am very pleased so far.

Factual basis uncertain

My experience with World Patent Marketing was not a positive one. They will reel you in telling you your idea has potential, then do a sales tactic called a "take away" (by saying the idea needs to go through approval board). After 3 days you will get a call back saying that your idea has been approved and they will be investing in your idea! You only need to pay $1,595 for "about $35,000" in market research. This is when my red flags went up! Once you actually read the contract they do perform services but are investing nothing.

This company is a sales scheme and after my account manager Paulo called me at 9 pm for the third time I answered and said "Paulo I'm ready to invest if you can tell me specifically what my idea is..." After hearing him stumble through ideas that had nothing to do with my idea I simply hung up. This company preys on the American Dream and spends lots of money online to hide their image.

Thank you for the Professional help Jessica ** gave me on my idea. I am sure I am in good hands with all the help you have given me so far. I look forward to talking with you again.

Mr.John ** was very professional and helpful. He answered every question I had in a understandable matter. I will recommend Mr. ** Marketing services to my friends and family.

We are in the initial stages of the process with the Product Analysis but my experience with Steven ** has been excellent! He responds very quickly to emails and answers all of my questions thoroughly. I am looking forward to continuing the process.

World Patent Marketing has been help me from day one to get my idea off the ground. Everyone I have talked to there has helped me one way or another. Paulo was a great help when it came time to get things going. So far I have had no problems with anything but I still have a long road ahead me yet. I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens in the weeks to come. Hopefully I will hear something in a few weeks.

I received great assistance and follow-up response to my questions and concerns.

Paulo was very knowledgeable and helpful with answering my many questions and went out of his way to address them, even again if I didn't understand the first time. He also reassured me when I had any doubts or concerns. He's a valuable asset to your company and I would recommend him to anyone.

John ** has been a great project manager so far. John does an excellent job at explaining and answering my questions. I would highly recommend him to a family member or friend.

I was happy with the initial contact I got from World Patent. My questions were answered and my phone calls were returned promptly. So far I am happy with the service I am getting and I hope for the best.

Parker has been absolutely the best and also has been very helpful by explaining everything to me and answering all of my questions. I look forward to working with him and have faith that him and his team will make my idea a success!

Derek has been available without being pushy. He has answered my questions fully and accurately. I await the results to provide me with what I need to impress those who need this technology the most. Marie was most helpful too.

I am very pleased with the services World Patent Marketing has provided. Milena has answered all of my questions and has responded to my calls in a timely fashion. I would highly recommend this service.

I am glad to work with Sherry **. She is very polite and responsible, explain very understandable and detailed.

Rarely do I speak with people I do not know. First, Jimmy ** correctly pronounce my name. That's a great start to any conversation with me. I must confess. He ask me for (1) minute and I ended up giving him 2 hours. He had something to say and I wanted to hear it before I gave my idea away. I just wanted to help 80,000,000 USA students and to many of the ** ones will never get the opportunity because they just do not know. WPM has giving me hope that WE MAY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!! He was truly a professional and that went a long way with me.

Sherry helped me with everything I asked for, she explained everything I needed to know. She is very kind, an excellent listener, and very patient.

Carlos ** is a very very Patient worker. He help us to get where we wanted to go. You can tell he knows what he is doing by the way he talks to you. Thank you Carlos.

He has been very helpful and professional and has explained everything to me honestly. He's easy to talk to. No complaints here.

World Patent Marketing Company Profile