Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Chris ** did a very good job answering all of my questions. He was very helpful in telling things to me that I didn't understand. Definitely knows how to see what I'm telling him in detail of the project in which we are working on together.

I've been working with Johnny ** my project manager at World Patent Marketing since Nov. 2015 - he has stayed in contact with me regarding their progress for my idea (even on Saturdays and late evenings). He has proved to me to be as motivated about my idea as I am. After months of corresponding on the phone with Johnny ** World Patent Marketing gave me the opportunity to meet face to face with Johnny ** and Jerry ** in the Miami office late January 2016 - and that meeting with these two gentlemen clearly demonstrated to me their dedication to the project. WPM has shown me they are on top of their game in the whole marketing/patent process and they have earned my utmost respect.

My experience has been horrible. I paid 495 for an intelligence report and I never received anything. I tried to call my consultant and the number was no longer available. I want my money back and I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Yes everyone is very helpful and will tell you great things. We with inventions think ours is the best. Been promised many things (trade shows, fast marketing, promotion) most were minimally done, or not at all. Went with WPM because of lack of knowledge on our part and took the gamble, 3 years later still waiting. Beware.

If I can help one single person steer clear of World Patent Marketing, then this is worth it. Today (3/23/17) I received an email from Attorney advising that the Operations of WPM have been ceased by order of the FTC. In the attachment emailed from the Attorney, it advises that "The Federal Trade Commission alleges that Mr. Cooper (WPM CEO used the Companies to engage in fraudulent and deceptive trade practices which harm consumers." The article goes on to cite specific examples, and as I read it a lot of what I experienced made sense.

When you first speak to WPM, they'll butter you up and make you think your invention has all of the potential in the world to make money. First red flag (should have been) when William ** (Project Manager) kept calling me multiple times a day asking when I would have the funds transferred so that I could start "seeing some extra income in a matter of months". I since learned how long the patent review process takes. On average it takes 1-2 years. That should have been the first red flag.

Once they have your money, it is a NIGHTMARE trying to get in touch with someone. They started implementing an automatic response system that essentially replies to your email with a ticket, advising that your email has been received and someone will get back with you. However even then it's extremely difficult to get in touch with anyone - let alone talk with anyone on the phone. They pay you all the attention in the world prior to getting your money. And then once you've paid, well... sorry.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from World Patent Marketing. I've heard stories from folks in the legal system over the last handful of months about how the United States Patent and Trademark Office has an unfavorable view of WPM. With the email I received today about the FTC investigation, it all makes sense. They cite examples of people who have left bad reviews of WPM and have been threatened to be sued (by WPM) and face jail time. It's absolutely ridiculous. I'm paying back a loan I took against my 401k to fund what I paid WPM. Worst mistake of my life.

Worked with Robert ** for a product I made. Was excited, gave up $1000. All was good so needed $15000. Took awhile but sent to WPM. Got a email with story needed more information. Stuff I had already done. Sent me to Janice **. So as of now about a month email acct no good. Do not return calls. As I see it I've out $16000. Lesson learned. They are smooth. I'm not stupid and they raped me.

I have been trying to communicate with this company since I paid $10000 per core services three weeks ago. Today seeing that they don't reply my messages or my e-mails I decided to drive to Miami to see what was happening. Take me a big surprise to discover that the whole office was empty. There was nothing in there. The door was open but there was nobody or furniture, everything had just disappeared. The great and beautiful office where I had been sitting a month before talking with agents simply no longer exist. They did not leave any sign on the door or anything, a large empty suite and with a sign of for lease is all that remains, what more can I say? I think I have been cheated...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about World Patent Marketing?

About 1 year ago we presented an idea to World Patent Marketing. They LOVED our idea and said they did research for us stating nothing else was on the market like our idea. We trusted them because they were always available to us by phone and sounded very interested in helping us. We gave them $13,000 to get our patent pending. Many months went by with excuse after excuse why we did not get any information from the lawyer working on our case. Finally after us contacting the lawyer directly we received a patent pending notice.

Today we got a call from this attorney stating he has not been paid from World Patent Marketing all the money due for the services he has rendered. He has cut ties from them as they are now being investigated by the Federal Trade Commission. I guess we are lucky that we actually got a patent pending, but we will need to pay more money to have it completed. I just don't know who to trust at this point. DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE ANY MONEY!!! We are looking for a Class Action Lawsuit to join. Please let us know if you are involved with one.

I have not heard from this company after they charged me 695 dollars for a intelligence report and patent process. No one returns emails or calls. I feel like and know I've lost my money and been scammed.

Be very careful with this company! It will start out submitting your idea to their website. Then I was contacted by Chris **. This guy is slick, he will make you think you have the best idea since sliced bread. Then they will hit you up for $900 dollar to consumer test your idea. Then Chris called me to tell me my product scored high and that we need to move forward, time is of essence. Remember they will tell you all kind of things. Starting off with this is where your work ends and theirs begins. They are only going to take 10% and you get to keep 90% and they are going to spend at least 50,000 marketing your idea. The risk is all theirs. All you have to do is pay for the patent and it only 12,995. They will handle all the patent stuff. They are going to use their lawyer and this will only take 3 to 6 months.

Understand when I say these people are slick I mean it. Then I was transferred to a guy named Sergio **. This guy is going to take your money and promise you the world. Once they get your money this is where the fun begins. I didn't hear any from anyone for three months and if you get Sergio to answer the phone (This will take days) He rudely pass you off to the patent processing 1-888-926-8174 Ext-300. I think this is when I know I lost my money. But not going to make it easy on them. So I call patent processing and they will pull your file and they will email you with your lawyer info and they are contacting him too to make sure that he will get back to you.

This was the first lawyer that was assigned to me. We traded email back and forth promising he will have everything done for me to review next week. Every week he had a new excuse why it would be next week. Then I received email saying he is no longer working on my patent that I need to contact WPM. Called processing and I was told they assigned me a new lawyer to better represent me. He name was Mark **. Contact Mark by email and he gets right back to me. Was told all the paperwork would be ready in a months for review. It wasn't long after a month that all contact ended with Mark. Here we go again.

Called processing and I have a new lawyer and his name is Andrew **. I was told he would finish it the first of February. February rolls around and not to my surprise, still no paperwork! So I contact Andrew and he replied "Hello John, I am looking into this. For some reason you were removed from my client list hence why you have not heard from me so let me get to the bottom of this and get back to you." That was February 11 2017 and March 1st I received this from Andrew "Hey John, I wanted to send you an update with my current issue with WPM. They haven't paid me in months and the CC they use to file the apps has been declined. I am fearing the worst from them and wanted to let you know that around the 15th if these are not fixed I will be leaving WPM. I will reach out to you then and talk with you. Can you please provide me with your phone number to call around that date?"

These are his words! Have email to back it. So I called processing and I was told due to the complex of my patent it was reassigned to Lawyer Rechel. I have sent Two email to Rechel and cannot get a reply. I told processing what Andrew said and all processing could say is she insured me that was not the case. Over and over again! I told processing I wanted to talk to management. I was told I would be contacted. Still no contact!

Look good and you will see all the five star are people just starting. They will call you day and night until and I mean until they get your money. Then good luck! When you start with WPM and they still trying to get you money you will receive call from them wanting you to see how they are doing and wanting you to fill out reviews on them. They will ask you to fill them out before they even really do anything! If you read their reviews you can tell they are new to WPM. Here we are at the end and I can see my dreams and money gone! Wish there was a NO STAR review!

Factual basis uncertain

So I've been dealing with World Patent Marketing for almost 2 years now. I saw it online and I read all these amazing things on their website that makes them seem wonderful. I explained to the Project Manager Johnny ** that my knowledge on patents and invention marketing was limited and I was new to this type of domaine. Since I have several other business and it limits my time I figured the best way is to go with a company like this one and what fools you to trust them is the fact they have these fake A ratings for reviews. I have regretted my decision to trust them and give them my money so much that they have even turned me off and discouraged my hunger for my own project!

Johnny my supposed project manager lured me in by promising me things such as: A PROFESSIONAL global market analysis, a media press release, drawings for my patent, LEGAL HELP WITH LAWYERS for litigations in case someone breaches my patent. He even promised a particular patent attorney that is specialized in my idea but NONE OF THESE THINGS WERE DONE PROPERLY OR EVEN DONE AT ALL. But most importantly he kept telling me that I would even get my money back if I don't obtain the patent for it. It's hard not to believe these professional liars when they always remind you of their A+ ratings. Believe me when I tell you I am not the one to be fooled but I had never heard of the infamous INVENTION MARKETING SCAM.

Little did I know I was already sunk in it with the slick talking solicitor. They will walk you through the reading of their contract and fool you verbally with lies while he explains it. I slowly started uncovering all the lies and schemes, but it was only after I had already given them $12995. To begin with my PM Johnny would always discourage me from doing a provisional patent. He use to say anyone can do it for $60. This guy even invented this lie saying that; as of the day my patent attorney would START writing my patent session, is the day my priority date would be in line for the patent. I only found out he was lying after I signed their contract and I insisted on them doing a provisional for me in the meanwhile. The provisional was hell. The drafts they prepared for my business method patent had nothing to do with what I was patenting. I had to re-write most of them myself.

The drawings for the patent were so poorly done so I told them what needed to be modified, instead of fixing the drawings, that department ignored my calls for 12 days. I went to someone I know to have them quickly done. After I gave them my modified drawings that I paid $50 to have done I specifically told them use to these my drawings not the ones WPM did initially. And they actually went and filed the provisional with the wrong initial drawings they made.

I realized at that moment that the staff working there is either under qualified or this is just a scam so I started doing my own research. I figured the $995 I paid in the beginning for a global market analysis and the prior arts search is probably also not professionally done. I went on the USPTO website myself and found prior arts that are almost exactly what I am patenting which makes it useless to even patent this at all. So basically I would never be in all of this mess with them if they had done a proper prior art search which I paid for.

That is probably why I was offered to do a app instead but I am not interested. I just want a refund. I have records of all of the mistakes and situations I have faced with WPM. I made sure to tell WPM before we start the process of the non provisional business method patent that I do not wish to continue working with them. I would like to resolve this asap because I have lost a lot of time on this and this has caused me a hair loss disorder.

Consumer Increased Rating!
Resolution In Progress

When you first sign up you are paired with a person who will call you, talk to you and that person is very pleasant. That is when the company will start encouraging you to write a review about their company and the person you are working with. I looked up reviews and they all say the same things. I work with John, Fred, Mary, Sam and in our case it was Jimmy and that person is so helpful, nice, answers my questions, etc. I told my husband that I do not see any reviews from people who have been with the company for a while or who have had any successes. I did not write a review and felt I would wait until there was something real to write a review about.

Well, here I am almost 2 years later and I am writing now. Nothing has happened. Jimmy was gone a long time ago. Don't have one person anymore. Have an email address to a dept. The answers I get to my questions are canned and sometimes don't apply to the question. Nothing has happened with our product and I am not sure anything will. Needless to say, we have not been asked for our opinion since the very beginning. If I am wrong and things do work out, I will let you know that as well.

Factual basis uncertain

I have been working with World Patent Marketing for almost 2 years and have gotten nothing but a patent file number that cost 450.00. We invested almost 20,000 with this company and they have done absolutely nothing for us or my invention but file a patent which was actually done incorrectly. We also paid for a Global Patent which has not been filed back in 2015 with our invention and still nothing. They are not transparent and very secretive about what is happening to your invention and who is handling each process. We have no choice but to go after this company and the unlawful practices they commit daily to people.

Factual basis uncertain

Be careful, all of the 5 star reviews on all these trusted sites you see are people within the first weeks to year of working with this company, this is indicative of the invention scams that have plagued people for generations. Submitted my idea and tried to ask detailed questions, getting very evasive answers even from the CEO of the place once I connected with him. He seems like a decent guy to talk with, but if they can't even answer a few questions to build trust before starting, or even giving pricing information for the duration of the process; that is a huge issue. They are preying on blind enthusiasm of inventors. Don't take my word for it though, just ask these 5 questions and watch what happens, and never accept answers that are from their website or affiliates, you need unbiased real data. Each invention firm is legally required to disclose the following information in writing:

1) The total number of inventions evaluated by the invention promoter for commercial potential in the past 5 years, as well as the number of those inventions that received positive evaluations, and the number of those inventions that received negative evaluations. 2) The total number of customers who have contracted with the invention promoter in the past 5 years, not including customers who have purchased trade show services, research, advertising, or other non-marketing services from the invention promoter, or who have defaulted in their payment to the invention promoter.

3) The total number of customers known by the invention promoter to have received a net financial profit as a direct result of the invention promotion services provided by such invention promoter. 4) The total number of customers known by the invention promoter to have received license agreements for their inventions as a direct result of the invention promotion services provided by such invention promoter. 5) The names and addresses of all previous invention promotion companies with which the invention promoter or its officers have collectively or individually been affiliated in the previous 10 years.

Just in the beginning stage of my project. My go to person has been Sherry so far and she's been very helpful in this process. I would recommend this site To anyone who is thinking of going forward on an idea. Can't wait to see where we end up.

He has been there every step of the way. He is understanding and easy to understand. He didn't push me into anything when I wasn't ready. I would stay with John if I ever had another idea. He's my go to guy.

So I would have to say Sherry **, was very nice and helpful. I would have to say it is like a vacation, we like the salesmen so far but to tell you how the trip was we are still in the driveway, so we have a long way to go before I HAVE A STORY TO TELL YOU.

My experience with a very respectful young man, named Henry, was so pleasant, I would have to say: he instilled a feeling of trust and faithful interaction regarding my project and the team which he is a member of. All responses were expedient and all questions were answered well. I felt my time was as important to him as his own time was; I never felt cut short, or hurried. Perhaps, the best interaction in a long time. Kudos to Henry!

This is my first time trying to protect an idea. Mr. ** was very helpful in assisting me with developing a strategy in getting my idea in front of the right people. I took the first step that was suggested and had the report done by their team. I was updated the entire time the research was taking place. I now see the value of studying before taking a test.

Factual basis uncertain

I engaged World Patent Marketing's service for one reason only. That was to get a patent for my invention. The initial contact went like this. I filled out several forms online. They malfunctioned. Eventually, They made contact with me and I explained the malfunctioning auto submit form issue that I was experiencing. The person that I spoke with agreed that they were experiencing problems with it.

I did eventually get the forms submitted. The WPM representative said that they would review the material that I submitted and they would get back to me.

The next call was to congratulate me on the acceptance of my submitted invention. I was asked to explain the drawings and concept. Now this is not another mousetrap mind you but of world changing technology.

Afterwards, the conversation later focused on getting eleven hundred plus dollars from me. I was sent another automated malfunctioning web form with a lot of fluffed up material about what their company was capable of. To this day, they have done nothing but set up a call through Google Hangouts that never occurs. I have been through the patent process several times and this is the very worst service that I have ever had. In point of fact, no service at all!

I read other complaints and found similar complaints. I have sent Mr. ** several emails and he neither responds by email or phone. I asked for my money back. No response! I asked for their legal office and representative. No response! So, I am taking them to court. And, if there are others who have been treated the same way, I invite them to join me in a class action suit. I think all of the celebrities on their board, need to read this. You all should be ashamed of yourselves by allowing this to happen. Not just to me but to the others that are not not as financially capable of recovering their lost money. I will recover it!

A cart to move stuff, very useful and handy. I can tell you a lot because I already did. I like your services that you offer. I think a lot of people should know about you guys and I hope to do more service with you guys if everything works out. I will be in contact. I'm going to wait and see if really works. Thank you.

Mr. Neil ** was very helpful with my project. He made it so easy. He explained every step that we took and will take for this project. He returned my phone calls in a timely manner. I am looking forward to work with him in the future. Thank you.

Project manager was great and answered all my questions and explained everything - how the process works and what to expect and he seemed very knowledgeable in his job. Was very polite and seemed to like his job and the company he works for.

Renee -

Our apologies for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we are not able to work on every project. Perhaps another company can assist you. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to review your idea.

World Patent Marketing

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I first contacted them last week. It seemed like a great match for me. Although I already have a patent the person I spoke with told me he would send me a proposal within a few days. Well it has been a week and I haven't heard from here. When I called the number listed here the person answered the phone by saying, "Hello". This is normal for most residential lines but a company/corporation? I explained to this person that I wanted to be contacted by the person I initially spoke with because he did not return my call and she told me that would call me back in 5 minutes.

She did not sound professional and never asked for my phone number. Obviously she had it but also she did not ask for my name. I don't think I am getting anywhere with this company or I am not sure if they can even help me. It would be nice to hear from someone who has an experience with this company from start to finish. By that I mean has had a successful experience and their product is on the market today.

So far, my experience with W.P.M. has been great. John/Mr. ** is professional, very prompt, and nice to talk to. You were the first company that I contacted and responded with the quickness. I like that. There is nothing like staying on top of things. Very important quality to have.

Pertaining to your employee Sarah ** - she has been absolutely AMAZING! Very helpful with anything and everything imaginable!! Her customer service is something to be desired and needed. Because of her and her help, SHE has made it ALL possible.

Sage has been very helpful. He answers all my questions. If all goes well with the SARAGATE, I will have another idea that would be the money maker esp. if we were able to get a gov. contract. I would like to meet him someday. I look forward to our little chats.

Neil is absolutely amazing! He's helped me out so much along the way with a VERY caring hand! He's explained everything so well and I'm constantly well I'm informed. I'd highly recommend Neil to anyone and I'm very excited to be working with him.

Lucas had me on the phone everyday to help me understand your business and very convincing that your business was the way to go. He also kept me updated on everything that was going on from what the easiest routes to take to what it was you guys have done to help inventors in the past. He didn't force me to be a part of your company which he gave me the options to take other routes but made it clear that instead of spending hundreds of thousands on everything and doing it all myself that your team will help me protect my inventions and get it out for manufacturers to see.

World Patent Marketing

I apologize for the confusion - management will be reaching out to you immediately. You should be communicating directly with your patent agent. If you have misplaced the contact information, we are more then happy to provide it to you.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I contacted WPM over a year ago and my idea was approved, and I was assigned a project manager, Julian **, who called me nearly everyday to answer questions and give me the details regarding payment necessary for the company to proceed with my idea. Eventually I decided to go forward and I submitted funds to go forward with the patent application, and I was told that while that process is going forward someone from WPM would be working with me regarding marketing. Unfortunately, this has been the most unprofessional process I as a businessman has ever experienced. I have spoken with one live person twice since February 2016, although I have telephoned and left messages several times.

I initially spoke with someone from the legal department regarding the patent, and answered the necessary questions for that process. The second live person, in nearly a year, was a young lady named, Siana **, who apparently is the Product Launching Manager. She and I talked about a press release, which eventually came out, but I've called this person many times since with questions and left voice mail messages without any return communication, which I find extremely unprofessional.

I have called the company and pretended to be a new customer just to get a live person. I then would tell the live person that I am a current customer and would like to speak with someone as I have an abundance of questions regarding the status of my marketing experience, but to no avail. To make matters worse, although I was not getting any return communications, I started receiving invoices saying that I owed them money. I began to realize that this is possibly a shady operation.

It appears that although Marketing is in the name of the company, many who do business with WPM are simply paying about $10,000.00 or more, just for a "Global Invention Royalty Analysis", because it does not appear that much has happened in terms of marketing which is contrary to what the initial project manager told me. Needless to say, I am extremely disappointed with the process, and would not recommend this company. I don't even know the status of the patent, which is one of the purposes of contacting the company initially.

My experiences with your first company rep. (Project Manager, Veronica) were pleasant, articulated, understood and to the point. She seemed to have an understanding of my product concepts and seemed to grasp my descriptions as I explained them to her. She also did a good job of explaining to me the various phases of my product ideas patent, product development and marketing from World Patent Marketing's role. I was quite satisfied with her attitude and encouragement to me pertaining my ideas and how things would proceed moving forward.

Lucas was very helpful and answered all of my questions. He is very knowledgeable and knows what the process entails. He was very straightforward and did not beat around the bush. Why get was very refreshing. I would recommend Lucas to anyone with invention ideas.

World Patent Marketing Company Profile