Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Chris ** did a very good job answering all of my questions. He was very helpful in telling things to me that I didn't understand. Definitely knows how to see what I'm telling him in detail of the project in which we are working on together.

I've been working with Johnny ** my project manager at World Patent Marketing since Nov. 2015 - he has stayed in contact with me regarding their progress for my idea (even on Saturdays and late evenings). He has proved to me to be as motivated about my idea as I am. After months of corresponding on the phone with Johnny ** World Patent Marketing gave me the opportunity to meet face to face with Johnny ** and Jerry ** in the Miami office late January 2016 - and that meeting with these two gentlemen clearly demonstrated to me their dedication to the project. WPM has shown me they are on top of their game in the whole marketing/patent process and they have earned my utmost respect.

Be careful, all of the 5 star reviews on all these trusted sites you see are people within the first weeks to year of working with this company, this is indicative of the invention scams that have plagued people for generations. Submitted my idea and tried to ask detailed questions, getting very evasive answers even from the CEO of the place once I connected with him. He seems like a decent guy to talk with, but if they can't even answer a few questions to build trust before starting, or even giving pricing information for the duration of the process; that is a huge issue. They are preying on blind enthusiasm of inventors. Don't take my word for it though, just ask these 5 questions and watch what happens, and never accept answers that are from their website or affiliates, you need unbiased real data. Each invention firm is legally required to disclose the following information in writing:

1) The total number of inventions evaluated by the invention promoter for commercial potential in the past 5 years, as well as the number of those inventions that received positive evaluations, and the number of those inventions that received negative evaluations. 2) The total number of customers who have contracted with the invention promoter in the past 5 years, not including customers who have purchased trade show services, research, advertising, or other non-marketing services from the invention promoter, or who have defaulted in their payment to the invention promoter.

3) The total number of customers known by the invention promoter to have received a net financial profit as a direct result of the invention promotion services provided by such invention promoter. 4) The total number of customers known by the invention promoter to have received license agreements for their inventions as a direct result of the invention promotion services provided by such invention promoter. 5) The names and addresses of all previous invention promotion companies with which the invention promoter or its officers have collectively or individually been affiliated in the previous 10 years.

Just in the beginning stage of my project. My go to person has been Sherry so far and she's been very helpful in this process. I would recommend this site To anyone who is thinking of going forward on an idea. Can't wait to see where we end up.

He has been there every step of the way. He is understanding and easy to understand. He didn't push me into anything when I wasn't ready. I would stay with John if I ever had another idea. He's my go to guy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about World Patent Marketing?

So I would have to say Sherry **, was very nice and helpful. I would have to say it is like a vacation, we like the salesmen so far but to tell you how the trip was we are still in the driveway, so we have a long way to go before I HAVE A STORY TO TELL YOU.

My experience with a very respectful young man, named Henry, was so pleasant, I would have to say: he instilled a feeling of trust and faithful interaction regarding my project and the team which he is a member of. All responses were expedient and all questions were answered well. I felt my time was as important to him as his own time was; I never felt cut short, or hurried. Perhaps, the best interaction in a long time. Kudos to Henry!

This is my first time trying to protect an idea. Mr. ** was very helpful in assisting me with developing a strategy in getting my idea in front of the right people. I took the first step that was suggested and had the report done by their team. I was updated the entire time the research was taking place. I now see the value of studying before taking a test.

Factual basis uncertain

I engaged World Patent Marketing's service for one reason only. That was to get a patent for my invention. The initial contact went like this. I filled out several forms online. They malfunctioned. Eventually, They made contact with me and I explained the malfunctioning auto submit form issue that I was experiencing. The person that I spoke with agreed that they were experiencing problems with it.

I did eventually get the forms submitted. The WPM representative said that they would review the material that I submitted and they would get back to me.

The next call was to congratulate me on the acceptance of my submitted invention. I was asked to explain the drawings and concept. Now this is not another mousetrap mind you but of world changing technology.

Afterwards, the conversation later focused on getting eleven hundred plus dollars from me. I was sent another automated malfunctioning web form with a lot of fluffed up material about what their company was capable of. To this day, they have done nothing but set up a call through Google Hangouts that never occurs. I have been through the patent process several times and this is the very worst service that I have ever had. In point of fact, no service at all!

I read other complaints and found similar complaints. I have sent Mr. ** several emails and he neither responds by email or phone. I asked for my money back. No response! I asked for their legal office and representative. No response! So, I am taking them to court. And, if there are others who have been treated the same way, I invite them to join me in a class action suit. I think all of the celebrities on their board, need to read this. You all should be ashamed of yourselves by allowing this to happen. Not just to me but to the others that are not not as financially capable of recovering their lost money. I will recover it!

A cart to move stuff, very useful and handy. I can tell you a lot because I already did. I like your services that you offer. I think a lot of people should know about you guys and I hope to do more service with you guys if everything works out. I will be in contact. I'm going to wait and see if really works. Thank you.

Mr. Neil ** was very helpful with my project. He made it so easy. He explained every step that we took and will take for this project. He returned my phone calls in a timely manner. I am looking forward to work with him in the future. Thank you.

Project manager was great and answered all my questions and explained everything - how the process works and what to expect and he seemed very knowledgeable in his job. Was very polite and seemed to like his job and the company he works for.

Renee -

Our apologies for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we are not able to work on every project. Perhaps another company can assist you. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to review your idea.

World Patent Marketing

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I first contacted them last week. It seemed like a great match for me. Although I already have a patent the person I spoke with told me he would send me a proposal within a few days. Well it has been a week and I haven't heard from here. When I called the number listed here the person answered the phone by saying, "Hello". This is normal for most residential lines but a company/corporation? I explained to this person that I wanted to be contacted by the person I initially spoke with because he did not return my call and she told me that would call me back in 5 minutes.

She did not sound professional and never asked for my phone number. Obviously she had it but also she did not ask for my name. I don't think I am getting anywhere with this company or I am not sure if they can even help me. It would be nice to hear from someone who has an experience with this company from start to finish. By that I mean has had a successful experience and their product is on the market today.

So far, my experience with W.P.M. has been great. John/Mr. ** is professional, very prompt, and nice to talk to. You were the first company that I contacted and responded with the quickness. I like that. There is nothing like staying on top of things. Very important quality to have.

Pertaining to your employee Sarah ** - she has been absolutely AMAZING! Very helpful with anything and everything imaginable!! Her customer service is something to be desired and needed. Because of her and her help, SHE has made it ALL possible.

Sage has been very helpful. He answers all my questions. If all goes well with the SARAGATE, I will have another idea that would be the money maker esp. if we were able to get a gov. contract. I would like to meet him someday. I look forward to our little chats.

Neil is absolutely amazing! He's helped me out so much along the way with a VERY caring hand! He's explained everything so well and I'm constantly well I'm informed. I'd highly recommend Neil to anyone and I'm very excited to be working with him.

Lucas had me on the phone everyday to help me understand your business and very convincing that your business was the way to go. He also kept me updated on everything that was going on from what the easiest routes to take to what it was you guys have done to help inventors in the past. He didn't force me to be a part of your company which he gave me the options to take other routes but made it clear that instead of spending hundreds of thousands on everything and doing it all myself that your team will help me protect my inventions and get it out for manufacturers to see.

World Patent Marketing

I apologize for the confusion - management will be reaching out to you immediately. You should be communicating directly with your patent agent. If you have misplaced the contact information, we are more then happy to provide it to you.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I contacted WPM over a year ago and my idea was approved, and I was assigned a project manager, Julian **, who called me nearly everyday to answer questions and give me the details regarding payment necessary for the company to proceed with my idea. Eventually I decided to go forward and I submitted funds to go forward with the patent application, and I was told that while that process is going forward someone from WPM would be working with me regarding marketing. Unfortunately, this has been the most unprofessional process I as a businessman has ever experienced. I have spoken with one live person twice since February 2016, although I have telephoned and left messages several times.

I initially spoke with someone from the legal department regarding the patent, and answered the necessary questions for that process. The second live person, in nearly a year, was a young lady named, Siana **, who apparently is the Product Launching Manager. She and I talked about a press release, which eventually came out, but I've called this person many times since with questions and left voice mail messages without any return communication, which I find extremely unprofessional.

I have called the company and pretended to be a new customer just to get a live person. I then would tell the live person that I am a current customer and would like to speak with someone as I have an abundance of questions regarding the status of my marketing experience, but to no avail. To make matters worse, although I was not getting any return communications, I started receiving invoices saying that I owed them money. I began to realize that this is possibly a shady operation.

It appears that although Marketing is in the name of the company, many who do business with WPM are simply paying about $10,000.00 or more, just for a "Global Invention Royalty Analysis", because it does not appear that much has happened in terms of marketing which is contrary to what the initial project manager told me. Needless to say, I am extremely disappointed with the process, and would not recommend this company. I don't even know the status of the patent, which is one of the purposes of contacting the company initially.

My experiences with your first company rep. (Project Manager, Veronica) were pleasant, articulated, understood and to the point. She seemed to have an understanding of my product concepts and seemed to grasp my descriptions as I explained them to her. She also did a good job of explaining to me the various phases of my product ideas patent, product development and marketing from World Patent Marketing's role. I was quite satisfied with her attitude and encouragement to me pertaining my ideas and how things would proceed moving forward.

Lucas was very helpful and answered all of my questions. He is very knowledgeable and knows what the process entails. He was very straightforward and did not beat around the bush. Why get was very refreshing. I would recommend Lucas to anyone with invention ideas.

Great experience with Paulo **. Had good conversation and he was informative about WPM... I look forward to conducting business w/ him again... He seemed excited for me and my idea and gave me a great rate for the services that World Patent Marketing is offering.

James was a wonderful help to me and I enjoyed working with him along my journey and so appreciate all he did for me. I would recommend him highly to anyone with a idea. He kept in touch with me the whole way and let me know what I needed to do and walked me through every process with a kind attitude.

I would like to take a moment to give my feedback with help I've received so far with the submission of my Panther Claw weightlifting hook fitness accessory product to World Patent Marketing. Mr. Paulo ** has been professional, courteous, knowledgeable and friendly in explaining the initial process and procedure for proper submission of my invention. The same can be said for a few others I've briefly communicated with as well at WPM. Though I'm still in the initial steps of having my fitness product reviewed, because of the good customer service/regular updates I've received so far with our product submission World Patent Marketing has left a positive impression with myself.

I am very happy with their communication, and the help of John **. Their honesty as well. Seem Professional, and hard working. Hoping to be able to find a market for my invention with their expertise. Trying to do this on my own would be a daunting task. So even though I realize the economy is struggling I am thrilled to get assistance from a company like World Patent Marketing.

Eldon

Are you aware of the percentage of patents that are commercially viable?

Patents play an important role but I believe it makes more sense to spend as little as possible on patent protection at this stage. After all, you can file a provisional patent for around $65 directly with the USPTO and be protected for 12 months. Do you really want to start spending thousands of dollars on a patent application which historically has a low success rate. I am not an attorney so I am not giving you legal advice, but why spend all that money on protecting an idea that isn't fully developed? Developing an idea takes patience and requires a lot of modification. It is unlikely that your idea will closely resemble your final product.

If you end up investing your money in patent protection, who will develop the product? Would you rather sit back and hope a licensing deal knocks on your door or would you rather be proactive and make it happen?

Believe me, I learned this lesson the hard way while launching my own products. I believe it is more important to get your product to the market first. The time to start thinking about an expensive patent process is once you are more confident in your product's success.

I understand your frustration and I do understand that it is a confusing process to some. Remember, there are no sure things in the invention business.

I would be happy to discuss this with you more. I think it's a healthy conversation to have in this public forum.

I wish you the best of luck.

Scott Cooper, CEO and Creative Director

ceo@worldpatentmarketing.com

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

I was excited with the possibility of actually getting my idea patented and maybe even marketing. I bought into the hype and my dream of finally taking a step toward getting a patent and going on from there. I just assumed that World Patent Marketing meant they actually helped get you a patent. They took my $995, said they would do all this research, and help with getting my idea in front of major manufacturers, and my idea was great. Well, I decided to go ahead and hire a patent attorney at the same time, just to make sure. Well, the patent attorney was $795, just for the search. I got the results from the attorney in just over a week, the results were okay, there are patents that resemble my idea, but not exactly and the attorney said If I could come up with why my idea was better, improved, whatever, we could go ahead and file, but that would be around $4800 or so to get started.

I wanted to wait and see what WPM came up with, I said I'd just wait. Three weeks later, I finally get this 72 page packed, contract, and something else. The patents WPM had were not even close to my idea, they wanted $10,000 to proceed, didn't count any attorney fees to file, as they don't have their own attorneys, so that meant I would have to pay the attorneys for the patent stuff ($5000 or so), and with zero guarantee of even getting a patent, especially since their search was in left field, and not even close to mine. The graphs they presented to me were not even labeled so I didn't even know what they were trying to show me. It was basically anything anyone could make up, print off, or find on the internet their self.

WPM, as well as the lawyer, said most patents don't make money, and most don't get approved with the first application. I did go ahead, on my own by calling USPTO, and filed a provisional patent for $65. That protects me and my idea. The lawyer actually wanted $2700 to do the same thing. I called WPM, spoke with Ed ** and ask if they aren't putting the cart in front of the horse by wanting me to pay $10000 before we even have a patent? Of course, the answer is "we want to make sure we can get your product out there," and blah, blah. Needless to say, my $10 grand is still in the bank, I may go ahead with the Non-Provisional patent, but not with WPM. I feel they actually ripped me off, but that's what I get for ASSUMING that with the word Patent in their business name, meant they actually helped with patents. Do your research, don't let them steal your money, and good luck.

Frida is an excellent Project Manager. She answered all of my questions. Took detailed notes of my idea and even waited patiently for me to fill out forms while on the phone. She made me feel comfortable over the phone and even helped add some extra details to my idea. She is very friendly and I'm glad I was able to work with her right from the start of this process. Thank you so much!

The guide of Jessica has been very helpful in getting an agreement with World Patent Marketing to go steps further to sell or license my invention. I feel this company has the professionals to get the best results in bringing my invention to the step for making good business. Thanks God I have this help to initiate an agreement with WPM.

I can remember the first time I talk to her. She made me feel so comfortable. She made me you know that I made the right choice because at first I was not really sure. I couldn't figure out the words to word project. I was a little scared to draw my design but she made me feel confident. You told me that they would not judge the way I did my sketches. She kept me informed of everything up until the time I made my payment. To me this is one of the best people that I am so glad that I was able to talk to. She also explained to me that I will be working with project team guy and not directly with her anymore. It scares me because I feel so comfortable with her. She is very very very professional lady.

I just want to say that the project manager Lee was very helpful. He had an answer for every question I asked. Through conversation, I've learned a lot from him about the industry. He really showed interest in the idea that I had, and wanted to know what inspired me to create it. He was honest, and said that most inventions fail. That scared me, but also pushed me to try it out because consumers always want to see something fresh. Sure, as inventors we all want to make something awesome for ourselves, but at the end of the day it's not about what I, or the company wants. It's about what makes the consumer happy. Lee has taught me that. Thanks again.

World Patent Marketing Company Profile