toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Chris ** did a very good job answering all of my questions. He was very helpful in telling things to me that I didn't understand. Definitely knows how to see what I'm telling him in detail of the project in which we are working on together.

I've been working with Johnny ** my project manager at World Patent Marketing since Nov. 2015 - he has stayed in contact with me regarding their progress for my idea (even on Saturdays and late evenings). He has proved to me to be as motivated about my idea as I am. After months of corresponding on the phone with Johnny ** World Patent Marketing gave me the opportunity to meet face to face with Johnny ** and Jerry ** in the Miami office late January 2016 - and that meeting with these two gentlemen clearly demonstrated to me their dedication to the project. WPM has shown me they are on top of their game in the whole marketing/patent process and they have earned my utmost respect.

Pertaining to your employee Sarah ** - she has been absolutely AMAZING! Very helpful with anything and everything imaginable!! Her customer service is something to be desired and needed. Because of her and her help, SHE has made it ALL possible.

Sage has been very helpful. He answers all my questions. If all goes well with the SARAGATE, I will have another idea that would be the money maker esp. if we were able to get a gov. contract. I would like to meet him someday. I look forward to our little chats.

Neil is absolutely amazing! He's helped me out so much along the way with a VERY caring hand! He's explained everything so well and I'm constantly well I'm informed. I'd highly recommend Neil to anyone and I'm very excited to be working with him.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about World Patent Marketing?

Lucas had me on the phone everyday to help me understand your business and very convincing that your business was the way to go. He also kept me updated on everything that was going on from what the easiest routes to take to what it was you guys have done to help inventors in the past. He didn't force me to be a part of your company which he gave me the options to take other routes but made it clear that instead of spending hundreds of thousands on everything and doing it all myself that your team will help me protect my inventions and get it out for manufacturers to see.

Resolution In Progress

World Patent Marketing

I apologize for the confusion - management will be reaching out to you immediately. You should be communicating directly with your patent agent. If you have misplaced the contact information, we are more then happy to provide it to you.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I contacted WPM over a year ago and my idea was approved, and I was assigned a project manager, Julian **, who called me nearly everyday to answer questions and give me the details regarding payment necessary for the company to proceed with my idea. Eventually I decided to go forward and I submitted funds to go forward with the patent application, and I was told that while that process is going forward someone from WPM would be working with me regarding marketing. Unfortunately, this has been the most unprofessional process I as a businessman has ever experienced. I have spoken with one live person twice since February 2016, although I have telephoned and left messages several times.

I initially spoke with someone from the legal department regarding the patent, and answered the necessary questions for that process. The second live person, in nearly a year, was a young lady named, Siana **, who apparently is the Product Launching Manager. She and I talked about a press release, which eventually came out, but I've called this person many times since with questions and left voice mail messages without any return communication, which I find extremely unprofessional.

I have called the company and pretended to be a new customer just to get a live person. I then would tell the live person that I am a current customer and would like to speak with someone as I have an abundance of questions regarding the status of my marketing experience, but to no avail. To make matters worse, although I was not getting any return communications, I started receiving invoices saying that I owed them money. I began to realize that this is possibly a shady operation.

It appears that although Marketing is in the name of the company, many who do business with WPM are simply paying about $10,000.00 or more, just for a "Global Invention Royalty Analysis", because it does not appear that much has happened in terms of marketing which is contrary to what the initial project manager told me. Needless to say, I am extremely disappointed with the process, and would not recommend this company. I don't even know the status of the patent, which is one of the purposes of contacting the company initially.

My experiences with your first company rep. (Project Manager, Veronica) were pleasant, articulated, understood and to the point. She seemed to have an understanding of my product concepts and seemed to grasp my descriptions as I explained them to her. She also did a good job of explaining to me the various phases of my product ideas patent, product development and marketing from World Patent Marketing's role. I was quite satisfied with her attitude and encouragement to me pertaining my ideas and how things would proceed moving forward.

Lucas was very helpful and answered all of my questions. He is very knowledgeable and knows what the process entails. He was very straightforward and did not beat around the bush. Why get was very refreshing. I would recommend Lucas to anyone with invention ideas.

Great experience with Paulo **. Had good conversation and he was informative about WPM... I look forward to conducting business w/ him again... He seemed excited for me and my idea and gave me a great rate for the services that World Patent Marketing is offering.

James was a wonderful help to me and I enjoyed working with him along my journey and so appreciate all he did for me. I would recommend him highly to anyone with a idea. He kept in touch with me the whole way and let me know what I needed to do and walked me through every process with a kind attitude.

I would like to take a moment to give my feedback with help I've received so far with the submission of my Panther Claw weightlifting hook fitness accessory product to World Patent Marketing. Mr. Paulo ** has been professional, courteous, knowledgeable and friendly in explaining the initial process and procedure for proper submission of my invention. The same can be said for a few others I've briefly communicated with as well at WPM. Though I'm still in the initial steps of having my fitness product reviewed, because of the good customer service/regular updates I've received so far with our product submission World Patent Marketing has left a positive impression with myself.

I am very happy with their communication, and the help of John **. Their honesty as well. Seem Professional, and hard working. Hoping to be able to find a market for my invention with their expertise. Trying to do this on my own would be a daunting task. So even though I realize the economy is struggling I am thrilled to get assistance from a company like World Patent Marketing.

Resolution In Progress

Eldon

Are you aware of the percentage of patents that are commercially viable?

Patents play an important role but I believe it makes more sense to spend as little as possible on patent protection at this stage. After all, you can file a provisional patent for around $65 directly with the USPTO and be protected for 12 months. Do you really want to start spending thousands of dollars on a patent application which historically has a low success rate. I am not an attorney so I am not giving you legal advice, but why spend all that money on protecting an idea that isn't fully developed? Developing an idea takes patience and requires a lot of modification. It is unlikely that your idea will closely resemble your final product.

If you end up investing your money in patent protection, who will develop the product? Would you rather sit back and hope a licensing deal knocks on your door or would you rather be proactive and make it happen?

Believe me, I learned this lesson the hard way while launching my own products. I believe it is more important to get your product to the market first. The time to start thinking about an expensive patent process is once you are more confident in your product's success.

I understand your frustration and I do understand that it is a confusing process to some. Remember, there are no sure things in the invention business.

I would be happy to discuss this with you more. I think it's a healthy conversation to have in this public forum.

I wish you the best of luck.

Scott Cooper, CEO and Creative Director

ceo@worldpatentmarketing.com

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

I was excited with the possibility of actually getting my idea patented and maybe even marketing. I bought into the hype and my dream of finally taking a step toward getting a patent and going on from there. I just assumed that World Patent Marketing meant they actually helped get you a patent. They took my $995, said they would do all this research, and help with getting my idea in front of major manufacturers, and my idea was great. Well, I decided to go ahead and hire a patent attorney at the same time, just to make sure. Well, the patent attorney was $795, just for the search. I got the results from the attorney in just over a week, the results were okay, there are patents that resemble my idea, but not exactly and the attorney said If I could come up with why my idea was better, improved, whatever, we could go ahead and file, but that would be around $4800 or so to get started.

I wanted to wait and see what WPM came up with, I said I'd just wait. Three weeks later, I finally get this 72 page packed, contract, and something else. The patents WPM had were not even close to my idea, they wanted $10,000 to proceed, didn't count any attorney fees to file, as they don't have their own attorneys, so that meant I would have to pay the attorneys for the patent stuff ($5000 or so), and with zero guarantee of even getting a patent, especially since their search was in left field, and not even close to mine. The graphs they presented to me were not even labeled so I didn't even know what they were trying to show me. It was basically anything anyone could make up, print off, or find on the internet their self.

WPM, as well as the lawyer, said most patents don't make money, and most don't get approved with the first application. I did go ahead, on my own by calling USPTO, and filed a provisional patent for $65. That protects me and my idea. The lawyer actually wanted $2700 to do the same thing. I called WPM, spoke with Ed ** and ask if they aren't putting the cart in front of the horse by wanting me to pay $10000 before we even have a patent? Of course, the answer is "we want to make sure we can get your product out there," and blah, blah. Needless to say, my $10 grand is still in the bank, I may go ahead with the Non-Provisional patent, but not with WPM. I feel they actually ripped me off, but that's what I get for ASSUMING that with the word Patent in their business name, meant they actually helped with patents. Do your research, don't let them steal your money, and good luck.

Frida is an excellent Project Manager. She answered all of my questions. Took detailed notes of my idea and even waited patiently for me to fill out forms while on the phone. She made me feel comfortable over the phone and even helped add some extra details to my idea. She is very friendly and I'm glad I was able to work with her right from the start of this process. Thank you so much!

The guide of Jessica has been very helpful in getting an agreement with World Patent Marketing to go steps further to sell or license my invention. I feel this company has the professionals to get the best results in bringing my invention to the step for making good business. Thanks God I have this help to initiate an agreement with WPM.

I can remember the first time I talk to her. She made me feel so comfortable. She made me you know that I made the right choice because at first I was not really sure. I couldn't figure out the words to word project. I was a little scared to draw my design but she made me feel confident. You told me that they would not judge the way I did my sketches. She kept me informed of everything up until the time I made my payment. To me this is one of the best people that I am so glad that I was able to talk to. She also explained to me that I will be working with project team guy and not directly with her anymore. It scares me because I feel so comfortable with her. She is very very very professional lady.

I just want to say that the project manager Lee was very helpful. He had an answer for every question I asked. Through conversation, I've learned a lot from him about the industry. He really showed interest in the idea that I had, and wanted to know what inspired me to create it. He was honest, and said that most inventions fail. That scared me, but also pushed me to try it out because consumers always want to see something fresh. Sure, as inventors we all want to make something awesome for ourselves, but at the end of the day it's not about what I, or the company wants. It's about what makes the consumer happy. Lee has taught me that. Thanks again.

Stephanie

Unfortunately, we are unable to approve every idea. World Patent Marketing is still bound by a non-disclosure and confidentiality agreement. The file has been purged. Even though our company is not interested in working on the idea, do not give up. Perhaps you will find another company to work on the idea. A good inventor always comes up with new ideas.

We wish you the best of luck.

Scott Cooper, CEO and Creative Director

World Patent Marketing

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

I was contacted by Jose ** who informed me that my invention idea was of interest. I contacted Mr. ** through E-mail and he provided me with a link to fill out a discretion application. I filled in my information and gave him the details of my invention. I contacted Mr. ** again through E-mail and informed him that I had filled out the application, after I received an E-mail from him saying he got the information and that was the last I heard from him. I want to know if the company stole my idea. I am very disappointed and would like to be informed of what is going on. Thank you.

Frida, my project manager, is very honest and easy to talk to. She is very much a people's person. She is very knowledgeable and kind when speaking with her. She is very good at breaking everything down for you for easier understanding. Great Job!!

The experience so far with the company and my rep have been very easy going. I'm new to this whole experience with moving forward. I look forward to learning more about the company and how the program works. The future of my idea is not yet known but the excitement I feel from everyone so far has given me hope to move forward. Looking forward to working with my rep in the future and everyone else involved.

I work with Jim ** and he is a great project manager. He offers me suggestions and really helps me stay excited with my project. I enjoy his warm and comforting personality. Jim keeps me informed on the process and follows up promptly. I enjoy expressing my idea with someone who gets excited as I do, and compliments my success. Thank you Jim **.

Marie ** was helpful and kind to me. She not only explained everything to me in detail, but she also listened to me and answered all my questions to the best of her ability. We had a good talk on the phone matter of we spoke so much in such a short time. We felt like we knew each other. I was very comfortable with her. She encouraged me at the time when I was really going through a tough season in my life. I'm thankful and grateful for Ms. Marie **. I'm so glad she made that call to me on 10/5/16. I thank you Ms. Marie **.

I have been thinking about the idea for 10+ years, and have always been afraid to take the first step. When I finally decided to get started, I was put together with Mr. James **. Not only did he ease all my fears, answer all my questions, including questions I hadn't thought of yet, he was able to allow me to trust in him, and feel safe and secure in his care. If only wish there were a higher rating, because he does not deserve a 5 star, he deserves a 10 star.

Lee has been very informative and helpful to me in getting my idea off the ground and running. Thank you Lee and WPM. I have always been a great procrastinator, but when I was contacted by Lee through WPM regarding an idea I had, it truly did get me moving because not only did I believe in my idea but so did Lee and the team he works with.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Oct. 10, 2016

The comments made about World Patent Marketing were not acceptable and the company contacted me and got everything resolved. Scott ** is an extremely respectable man and a man of his word. I would completely recommend this company to everyone.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2016

Absolutely do not put your money into this company. They will give you extremely vague responses in words and will avoid putting anything into writing. This company will give you a sense of false hope in your product or idea and build it up until you get to a point where you will put your money down for it. They will come back to you with a 70 page report all that mean absolutely nothing and will point to a page that just says how much money your idea will make you looking for more money. In no way does this company look out for the good of the consumer and in many senses I would call them an extremely elaborate scam.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

When I first contacted WPM they seemed like a great company. Jimmy ** told me everything that I wanted to hear. Told me that after I received their patent analysis I could take it to a bank and get a loan for the patent. "In fact he told me a little story about when he had done the same thing to get his own invention patented." I paid the $995.00 and waited the 4+ weeks for their patent analysis. When I did get it it had nothing to do with the main part of my invention. In fact the only mention of it at all was the name of it on the first page. I couldn't believe it! This Huge company. Seems to have it all together! Supposed to be a one stop shop! Put together a Patent Analysis on my invention idea without ever mentioning the main purpose of the invention.

And now they want $10,000 to go to the next step. Wait it gets better! They also said that this was a patent search. Yet they are not Patent Attorneys either... And won't even refer you to their patent attorneys until you pay $10,000 dollars for their next ** service... World Patent Marketing turned out to be a complete waste of time & money. And I'll be lucky if they don't steal my idea.

I've had a very good experience with World Patent Marketing, with Neil ** and the rest of the engineers. The information sharing is great and reliable and one on one and very Professionally handled. I thank you all for the experience and the acceptance of my product. Thank you all.

I have been coming up with inventions for quite some time now and I was very unsure of what to do with them. I researched a couple of companies and I was not satisfied with the reviews. When I came across WPM I was a little skeptical because it seemed too good to be true. I have been in contact With Sherry ** for the past 2 weeks and she is such a wonderful lady. I appreciate the fact that she takes the time to explain the information to me in details and if I seem unsure she do not hesitate to repeat the information. That shows me that the company cares about their clients. WPM is the start of a new beginning for me and I know that only wonderful things are in store for me and WPM for the future. Don't hesitate to contact this company with your ideas. You will be in great hands.

Factual basis uncertain

Outlaw Patent Invention Jessie James. World Patent Marketing is a waste of time for pumping me up with all of these Fake Promises in May 2016 and WPM knew we are trying to win the Nobel Peace Prize for our Peace Invention. When I got the substandard work back in September 2, 2016 and the work was completed in August 15, 2016 I was mad as hell. Then he tried to tell me a weak assssssss lie out of it and that made matters worse than what they are. Now I do not believe anything he has to say until I see Proof that the Sun is really shining...

After reviewing the substandard work that did not even have the correct Invention Name or Inventor's Name on the Documents was highly disrespectful to us paying almost $2,000 for this cookie cutter garbage they sent us. Two different projects with the same content cookie cutter work. They just changed the name and sent me the same work as if we could not read it. Slick talking salesman and a nickel slick Outlaw Jessie James.

The owner is in denial that his front office hates working for ** Men with money and they are out of control. I e-mailed him a letter asking for help and he was too Weak of a real man to even respond to a $2,000 paying customer. WPM knew the Nobel Peace Prize Nomination started September 01, 2016 because I told them up front what my intentions were and WPM promise me they would be ready.

I believed them... At 62 years of being ** and I have seen more than my fair share of Hating on a Brother... That Hurt me to my core that they Played Me like a all day sucker. Then Outlaw Jessie James tells me --- WPM Does Not Do Custom Work? Whattttt??? You could have told me that back in May 2016 before this Vietnam Veteran gave you my hard earned and saved pension money. Only Because I Believe IN WPM!!! Not Anymore. Thanks For Opening My Eyes!!!

World Patent Marketing Company Profile