4.42/5

Find the right invention & patent service for you

IDEA Design

Specializing in marketing design and manufacturing, IDEA design offers a wide range of services from 3D modeling, CNC machinery, assembly lines for fast production and much more! They have unparalleled experience in design, with quality services in CAD, web/industrial design and even virtual prototyping. Whether your product is still in the analysis phase or the manufacturing phase, IDEA design can help. Call or visit their website today to learn more!

Find the right invention & patent service for you

IDEA Design Reviews

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I paid them $3,000 thinking that they were actually going to "bring my idea to life" and make it a reality. All they did was make a website for me to send to people to invest in my idea. The worst part is that when I started getting worried about making this purchase, I asked if I would have to spend anymore money on this and they reassured me that I wouldn't! They said we could look for other businesses if the ones that get back to us say they need money to make it happen.

Idea Design Studio hooked me up with the National Invention League who they said would help get my app idea out to people. (Remember this whole time I thought Idea Design Studio would take care of all of this!). Turns out all the people the National Invention League got me in contact with needed thousands of more dollars to actually create the app. Then there would need to be money to market the product. None of this was said to me or I would have never spent $3,000 on this. I'm a single mom who doesn't have this type of money- so it's currently sitting on a high interest credit card for the past year!!

It doesn't end there. They said I needed a temporary patent so I got one, spending another $400. They said it lasts a year. I said what if this app doesn't go anywhere and then the year is up? They said then you have to buy another patent for $4,000!! I told them I would have never put this charge on my credit card if I thought that I would have to spend more money on this app idea. I spoke with Marvin Powell, Director of New Product Development for Idea Design Studio and he agreed to give me a refund last October. After that email, I never heard from them again. It's been about 4 months. I've sent Marvin and Jim several emails with no reply from either. Now their phone doesn't work anymore and it looks they took down their Facebook page. I plan on filing a lawsuit!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Took my money and ran! 4450 CND gone. All numbers have been disconnected, no emails have been returned. I called the call center about 2 weeks ago and told them I needed to speak to Marvin ** as his direct line seemed to be disconnected. The call center apologised and then proceeded to try to resell me that this was a legit company. Asked for all the information on me and my idea. I explained once again that I was already in the process of making my idea I just needed someone to get back to me to tell me how my invention was going. Once again, a apology was given and I was told that someone would contact me in 48 hours. That was 2 weeks ago. No call.

I even went as far as a friend emailing their site email add stating they had a idea and needed their guidance... Within HOURS Marvin ** emailed them telling them that someone would contact them for the idea, processes and fees... Hmmmm. Funny how they are willing to talk to someone new about how they will get scammed. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!! Save yourself thousands of dollars and don't do it. My bank informed me that Marvin has been flagged as a con artist by multiple agencies and informed me to call the police. Do your research. Look him up. Save your bank account and your heartache. Don't even bother! I truly believe all the positive reviews on here is the company employees using different names... Cause this place is a scam!

Get expert buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

These people (Derby the account manager) took my money and never delivered what was promised for the money. They closed up business end of 2017! Towards the end of Derby emailed myself and assured that I would be receiving the video portion of our invention idea. Nothing... gone into hiding... no working phone number... no answers to our emails!!! They're a dishonest business. Any previous email reviews are lies. All the phone number! They need to be a lawsuit against them for fraud.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I recently begin working with Idea Design Solutions and Spoke with Arlington ** throughout the process. I was able to get my invention designed and worked on, and also receive many illustrations as to what it is, I was working on. I have my receipts and illustrations and spoke with many individuals who worked in this company. I just so happened to call them and now they're out of business.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

They didn't complete my project and I spent a lot of money to finish my project. I cannot even hold of them since September and they got disappeared. If you know how to hold of them please let me know.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IDEA Design?

Original review: July 26, 2017

IDS employs amazing people. I did a lot of research and came across Idea Design Studio. From day one they were helpful in bringing my idea to life. I will use them again in the future if another invention comes to me. I appreciate everything they've done. Stepping into the field that I didn't know about was a nervous venture, but they eased my anxiety by being knowledgeable. They really listen to what my ideas and I felt very comfortable with our working relationship. I have nothing but praise for Idea Design Studio.

Original review: July 20, 2017

They helped me get my website selling products and worked with me every step of the way. Getting started was easy and they gave me insight to ideas that never came to mind. Really happy with the outcome and would highly recommend. Great Job.

Original review: July 1, 2017

HORRIFIC company - I am attempting to work with IDEA Design Center now to clean up a mess. A friend of mine reached out to them months concerning an invention idea he had. He spoke to a Peter who did have him send in his ideas and discussed them but was FAR more interested in the $3500 fee and collecting as much of it as possible. Being totally unfamiliar with the process my friend forked over a total of $2,400 in installments to these people to get... A 3D design of his idea and then silence. Instead, he has been getting calls and e-mails from them looking for the "best time to talk" about GETTING MORE OF HIS MONEY!

So my friend is out $2,400 and IDEA Design Studio has produced a cheap 3D model and left him hanging until he pays them another $1,000... For what? I am not sure what recourse we have. These people are clearly scam artists from what I am reading online. I wish I had known long ago or not a penny would have gone into their hands. Any advice appreciated.

Original review: April 20, 2017

I contacted IDEA Design Studio last fall about my idea. I spoke with Peter **, who introduced himself as a project director (sounded like I was speaking to a call center agent). I agreed to purchase initial services to have a 3D rendering of my idea. Initial drawings were completed quick but were very basic sketches which I could have completed myself. I requested more detail and reminded them of the design (hand sketch) I presented earlier on. This took ages to complete, and when I started to lose patience insults and blame were directed towards me, I was shocked. I've never dealt with such a rude and insulting business.

When I tried to cancel the project and get a refund, they refused. Peter even suggested to me that I ran into financial problems and that was why I was requesting a refund. In fact, I had budgeted and saved sufficient funds to bring my product to market. I contacted higher levels of management regarding the refund and received no response.

Finally, a CAD technician (Luis) contacted me and completed the drawing as per my guidance. He was helpful but at this point I just wanted the drawings to at least have something for my $750. Upon completion (Jan 12, 2017), I was told that Peter would contact me for the path forward. Early April, I received a call from IDS, then April 13th, 2017 received a rude email, in ALL CAPS asking when would be a good time to contact me. I indicated early on that email was best since I am on shift work, and have no phone number at work. Please proceed with caution with this company. This is a real review, and I have never experienced such poor client service and would never spend my hard earned money on this company's services again.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

Ladies & Gentlemen, please take the highest level of precaution if you are currently doing business with or thinking of doing business with this company regarding your invention or trying to get to the next level with your invention or idea through IDEA DESIGN STUDIOS. ALL They Want is your $4,900.00 and then they've got you. PERIOD! I will be posting this WARNING to multiple sites to hopefully give those who would make a wise decision regarding their hard earned money and time. I am not a disgruntled customer who already lost money to this Scam. I am a guy who took the time to read the past the 130 Good Reviews, and took the time to read the oddly few Negative Reviews, and guess what... Everything the Negative Reviews stated was correct!

First I received a call from Richard (2/24/17), who used fast talking tactics to discuss my invention. After discussing it, Richard said the idea sounded good, and he would have "The Owner" call me back later. Then I received a call from Richard (2/28/17) who initially said he was a Supervisor, then later elevated himself to a Director later in the conversation. I explained to Richard that I've done my research and I was willing to take the time to listen to what they were offering as far as services regarding inventor assistance & networking. I stated three times that "High-Pressure Used Car Salesmen tactics wouldn't be necessary", but Richard never heard a word, and in fact he was so busy over talking me that I don't think he heard anything I said.

He explained that they provide Logo, Website, & CAD design services, all of which are things anyone who takes the time to do can easily do for themselves. Then they will present your invention at a few conventions to drum up interest, and help sell or license your invention. Not only can you do all these things yourself, but for significantly less than $4,900.00. As I attempted to ask more pertinent details about their services, Richard's demeanor began to shift.

Suddenly, I was talking to a guy who didn't give a crap about anything but his commission if he could get the $4,900.00 out of me. Then Richard even began using negative strategies to increase his pressure sales tactics. "You may not be the type who wants to succeed, and make millions; You're going to get your Patent Stolen once it's published so you better act fast." Then, when I didn't fall for that Richard dropped all professionalism and began talking to me like some Con-Man off any corner in America. Once a Con-Artist sees that his/her SCAM is not working they turn on the Mark hurling insults and mocking them before they go. So too was this true with Richard.

The call deteriorated quickly from that point onward, to the point that I had to terminate the call to keep Richard from going into a full-on 6th Grade Schoolyard insult match. I remained professional, but then without provocation Richard even went so far to say... "I make more than you in 3/months than you will in a year." WOW! That is exactly how a Con-Man acts when he can't get his way. Ladies & Gentlemen, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH IDEA DESIGN STUDIOS, AVOID THEM AT ALL COST! $4,900.00+ can be used to 1 mil. other ways than to promote your invention or idea. Best of Luck to those who still decide to do business with such a company after reading this.

IDEA Design expert review by Michael Nranian

Idea Design Studio is an invention firm that helps inventors with designs, development, production and marketing so they can turn their idea into a marketable product. They have been helping inventors turn their ideas into reality for over 10 years.

• No royalties: Idea Design Studio never takes any royalties for the designs they create. All of their created designs become the sole property of the inventor.

• 3D presentations: Idea Design Studio’s designers can turn your idea into a tangible 3D model, even if your idea is still only in your mind. You stay involved throughout the process of the 3D design, and you can ask for revisions before you approve it. Designers will never move forward with a project without your approval.

• Branding and logo design: Idea Design Studio can help you design a logo for your new brand if you choose to go into business for yourself with your invention.

• Create a branding platform: Idea Design Studio will help you launch your brand by building an online e-commerce website and providing you with contacts for your prototype. Their strategic partners can help you launch your new product and build a customer base.

• Updated blog: Idea Design Studio's account representatives regularly update their blog, keeping readers up-to-date on the latest information and news they need to know to be successful as inventors. Topics include brainstorming ideas, selling your idea, understanding patents, marketing and more.

• Best for: people who have an idea for an invention, even if it is not currently tangible.

Profile picture of Michael Nranian
      Michael Nranian Invention and Patent Services Expert

Michael Nranian, a licensed patent attorney, has over 30 years of experience in product development, intellectual property, patent litigation, legal and technical compliance, and product liability litigation.

IDEA Design Company Information