WebHostingPad
  • 1 star
Based on 52 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Webhosting Pad

Whether you are starting your first online business or looking to find a new web hosting company for your growing company, Webhostingpad.com is ready to help.

Customer happiness is our top priority, regardless of your webhosting needs. Our team of proven industry veterans can help with shared hosting, WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, as well as domain support and management. Contact us today to get started!

Find out more Find out more
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 18, 2017

82 WebHostingPad Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Jan. 9, 2016

I was a Webhosting Pad customer for 5 years and just paid $236.35 for another 5 years of hosting with Webhosting Pad, then decided to go somewhere else because I got sick of the down time and the 'tough luck' answers I was getting from their 'lack of' support people. It took them a week to reply to my cancellation request, and not a word about a refund, just "This is to inform you that your account has been canceled. Thank you for choosing Webhosting Pad. We look forward to doing business with you in the future! Regards, Meghan **, Billing Manager." Not a chance I'll be doing business with them in the future!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2015

Unfortunately for your low quality services in Webhosting Pad, in 2007 this site take award for services and now 2015 I guess your site, they will take award for low bad after sales service. In the past I advise my clients and my friends for Webhosting Pad website but now is not. I No wonder to no longer see Webhosting Pad any classification for the best hosting sites for some time that which emphasizes what is happening with me when I waiting more days to solve my problem.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2015

I was charged by auto renewal for web hosting service that I signed up for five years ago. I was not aware about the auto renewal. They charged me for the next five years. On the day of the charge, I immediately went on to cancel the service. Even though I have cancelled the service, WebHostingPad.com will not issue a refund because it is in their billing policy. I was not aware of that, five years ago. So basically, this hosting provider took money from me for five years of service, that they will not be providing. Is there anything I can do?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2015

For over 10 years I have been the owner of The Perfects trademark and domain. This year as I have for every year I paid for my yearly renewal of theperfects.com which had been handled by webhostingpad.com since 2007. After I paid for my renewal, their parent company who they resell for enom.com auctioned off my domain that I spent years building a brand around to a Chinese company that deals in counterfeit Cartier jewelry.

Webhostingpad.com's manager "Tim" admitted they were at fault, but instead of working on getting my domain back, they threw their hands up in the air claiming there was nothing they could do. Even icann.org which is supposed to fight for the smaller guy after receiving infallible proof that my domain was auctioned off illegally sided with them, which is still an ongoing battle. I am now in the process of getting ready to sue both webhostingpad.com and enom.com with a major class action lawsuit, since this is not the first time this has happened to customers. Instead of being able to promote and push a new album, I am now going to have to spend money and time on getting my domain back.

Original review: July 4, 2015

I cancelled my account and WebHostingPad charged me anyway. When I complained, the company refused to give me a refund because I "cancelled three days before my renewal".

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WebHostingPad?

Original review: April 20, 2015

Webhosting pad has awful server system. My website is down three times within 1 week! The customer staff told me it is "normal" because it's at the peak performance. So lame! Worst of all, they refuse to issue any refund. I'LL bring a lawyer in this case when necessary. Avoid using them! They are doing to damage your business because of the frequent downtime of their system!

Original review: March 6, 2015

Over the last month, our account has been suspended due to another WebHostingPad client being blacklisted for spamming. WebHostingPad places clients on a shared platform. Each time it takes up to 72 hours for us to once again be able to send out our business emails. The only solution offered by WebHostingPad was for a written request to have our account hosted on another of their servers.

We did so, and within 12 hours our entire email platform has been disabled and WebHostingPads Support Team can provide no information as to what happened. What they did say is to wait until I receive an email regarding their findings. When I mentioned that how am I to receive an email when the system is down - they asked for a personal email account. I in turn offered to provide them my phone number to just call. WebHostingPad claims they cannot make outbound phone calls. Nonsense, in my opinion, when a client is down for business communications and wants a prompt response.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2015

Within the last 2 years, our servers have been down a total of 6 times, for days at a time. The longest being 4 days. I didn't notice at first, but clients would contact me about the issue. We have 6 businesses that have sites with web hosting pad, and when they all go down at the same time, it is extremely frustrating! Google Analytics will show 0 zero activity for those days and webhostingpad never has SMART or EFFECTIVE answers. They have a ton of excuses, and I'm not sure answers that are unacceptable for business owners who rely on these sites for a living. 4 minutes is bad...let alone 4 days! I am researching other hosting companies and am willing to forfeit the 2+ years left on my renewed contract. DO YOUR HOMEWORK...and most of the website rating sites are biased because of webhostingpad's sponsorship towards the company. Their ads are everywhere on the page. We consumers are not stupid.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2014

I have another company who handles the domain name. They sent me an email after being with them for over five years and paying them two years at a time. They were using an email that was older than that and when their email was returned they disconnected the name somehow and the website fell flat on its face. I didn't know this for some time and when I called them about not being able to find the site (I had always been at the top of the listing) and was told they had a bad email address. The account had another three months to go before renewal. I am still pretty not amused with their lack of customer service. And still trying to undo the mess they made of my website.

I then called my webhost, WebHostingPad.Com and asked them to verify my email address and they did. I had lost the password and could not get onto the site. They also helped me retrieve the WordPass password. It was such a delight to work with WebHostingPad where they actually like and can't seem to do enough for their customers. Finally, in today's environment, a bright light to do business with.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2014

I have been a customer of this company for the past six years. I never complained about the frequent slowdowns or lack of services. I knew it was a bare-bones operation and that's all I needed. However, this evening I used their built-in software to remove an old installation of a CMS, which wiped out everything on my site including completely unrelated folders. When I contacted the company, their response was, "You can buy a backup for $40 dollars." No matter how many times I tired to explain the situation the response was always the same. Honestly, if the wording hadn't altered slightly I would have assumed it was an automated response. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: March 8, 2014

I signed up for a 4 years and I cancelled my services with them after 2 years of horrible customer service and my site continuously being down for no apparent reason. I moved my site to a new hosting site and they charged my new card (which I don't know how they get the credit card number) for the domain they didn't even host. After a few emails they credited my card. I told them several times that I wanted my account close and I didn't want business with them. Again, they said yes everything is okay and the account is closed. After 2 years, they charged the credit card again and I had to report them for fraudulent charges because I never authorized the charge and never provided the credit card number.

Now, they sent me to collection because they want me to pay for a new billing cycle that hasn't even started. A service I never wanted in the first place. I asked why I had to pay for a service I am not getting and they said that I did not cancel my account with them, even though they closed my accounts, transferred my domain to a new hosting account and canceled my billing account too. How can a business that destroys other businesses with their incompetence be able to run for so many years. I am willing to join a civil lawsuit and finish this fraud that kills businesses and people's dreams.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2014

This one-man show is A SCAM. I took over a client's website that had been hacked and had issues. Once I got the new site up and running on my vps server at liquidweb.com, I cancelled their account at WebHostingPad. I was told that I need to have an active credit card on the account before changes could be made. So I put my business card in and proceeded with cancelling the account. The very day I cancelled the account 11/12/2013, they charged my card for upcoming year of hosting for $71.88. I emailed the billing department back and I got an automated response. I called them and they assured me that it would be taken care of in the coming billing cycle. Two months later, several email and phone calls, still no credit back. I called them again today, 1/6/2014 and the support department picks up the billing department's phone call and tells me that the billing department can only handle that through email.

I asked to speak to a manager immediately as I called the billing department and also emailed them and no one is responding to my emails. The guy was extremely rude and kept repeating "You have to email billing or the managers and that no one was able to handle it over the phone." The way he spoke, as well as when I re-dialed the phone, it immediately got disconnected, made me think that this company is nothing more than a one man show that has a licensed copy of WHMCS on cheap vps servers somewhere and is just over their head and probably will never return anybody's money. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. WebHostingPad.com SUCKS. Read the WebHostingPad reviews. (We use LiquidWeb.com, an extremely reliable company for your VPS or website hosting.)

Original review: Oct. 9, 2013

The only reason that I have given Web Hosting Pad one star is because giving ZERO stars was not an option. This company claims that they have 24x7 support, but I have had four separate incidents, over ten months, where I required support and called at night, the time after my child is asleep, the best time for me to call. No one answered for over an hour and a half, and I gave up. Had I stayed on longer, no one would have ever answered. You have the option to "chat" with someone, and I have, out of desperation, but they are evasive and unhelpful. Stay away from this company and spend your money elsewhere. Please be aware that they have a five-year option, which is an upfront, one-time payment. There is a money back guarantee, which is good for 30 days. If you have issues after 30 days, you have no recourse, and they have your money, and you have awful, awful service.

Original review: May 9, 2013

They started to send unsolicited commercial emails from billing@webhostingpad.com with no option to unsubscribe. When I complained, here was their response: "We are not spamming your account; we are letting you know of the deals that we offer. You are more than welcome to disregard the notification that we sent in regards to these offers." So there you have it: if you pay these clowns money, you will be subject to their spam abuse with no option to unsubscribe. I hope the CAN-SPAM rules shoot a big fat hole in their business revenues. Stay away.

Original review: April 23, 2013

When I created my website, I signed up with Webhosting Pad because they gave me a 30-day trial, promised to refund my payment if I didn't like it and cancelled in 30 days. So I tried it for a few days, decided it was not for me and cancelled. It took weeks and many emails to get the payment refunded, but eventually it was and I kept my domain registration with them as I signed up with a different web host server. I didn't think much about it until yesterday, when I discovered that my website was gone. They didn't notify me that my domain registration was due to expire, so now they are holding it hostage for a $250 ransom. Oh yeah, they might auction it off in a couple of months.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2011

What WebHostingPad.com is doing is engaging in fraudulent business practices. I would be very interested in participating in a class action lawsuit. Just because you write it on a web page and have people click it, does not mean it is a legal business practice. Their terms clause that states they can change the terms of use and we have to accept it, is legally considered an unconscionable clause. If you are desperate for money and I require you to turn over your first-born in return for the loan, your acceptance does not make it legally enforceable. They are using your ignorance of the law's full scope against you. Don't be intimidated.

It is basically illegal, especially when those terms come after you have accepted the existing Terms and entered your credit card information. The only reason they haven't been sued is because the amounts are usually so low it isn't worth it to anyone to do it. However, I signed up for 5 years and it is worth it to me. I wonder how their lawyers are going to feel having to fly down to Tampa, FL, to answer my Small Claims lawsuit.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2011

Webhostingpad.com claims it charged a card on my account to renew a domain. The card was active, all charges for the day were approved; no charge came through from their company. I was traveling and the domain expired. Webhostingpad refused to do anything about it.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2010

When I bought a 3-year subscription to host the website of our tiny community soccer club and paid for it with my credit card, without my knowledge, a button on another page was not unchecked, which allowed WebHostingPad to bill $47.78 for completely useless (to our club) features for a year. This fee did not show up at checkout or purchase time, but only showed up after a month of 'free' trial of the features, after which time one cannot cancel the features. When I asked for a refund by phone, the billing woman refused. They haven't replied to my email. I think they're rotten crooks. They knowingly ripped me off to the sum of $47.78. I can't ask my soccer club for this money. Why would I purchase their features for 1 year when the Web hosting is for $3?

Original review: July 27, 2009

I paid the 3-year web hosting fee and was given nothing. The domain was never registered after two weeks. I tried to cancel at that time since they have a 30-day cancellation policy. On the 30th day, they would still ignore my request to cancel. I'm in my second month of the so-called service with nothing to show. The domain name is not registered, but today, they are offering me a sub-domain. No tech support. Stay clear. I lost $80.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2009

I purchased the service, but then they refused to give me an account. They gave me an e-mail account, but not the host account, which is what I paid for. I asked for a refund, and they refused it, and then billed my credit card again -- $160 for a single month of webhosting service that I never even got. That's a bit ridiculous. Now I'm working through the details with Bank of America for a fraud complaint. Gigantic pain! And all I wanted was a hosting service, blech.

$160 damage cost, the debit account was frozen after it was discovered by the bank to be transferring to dubious accounts; no bank acount, no host, and I'm out of some money. Thanks, WebHostingPad.com!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2008

Found repeated charges on my Verizon phone bill (dating back to Feb 06) for webhosting services supposedly provided by Koodley. When calling customer service, they provided a recording stating that I authorized the service to be charged. However, we already had a website (since 10/05), and I believe these charges were falsely presented as part of a Verizon package that we signed up for, including internet advertising.

I requested a refund, the first customer service rep laughed at me, the manager refused any sort of refund and refused to allow me to speak with his boss. I have already been in contact with another business who was also scammed by Koodley and charged additional monies every month on their phone bill.

$40 per month for two years, $960 total.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2008

I ordered their hosting package and prepaid for two years. After constant downtime, and hardly ever my website up, I canceled. They refused any refund, and instead sent a barrage of nasty emails, threatening legal action.

Since our company relies on hosting services to provide our clients with websites, we have suffered damage of reputation and other costs associated with this.

WebHostingPad Company Information