Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.72/5

Do you have trouble remembering all of your passwords? RoboForm allows you to safely and conveniently store and access your passwords while logging into your favorite sites with a single click. RoboForm also includes a password generating tool, instant web form filling, encrypted text notes, secure sharing, and more. Visit our website today to get started with a free trial or to learn more about our available license options.

RoboForm Learn More

RoboForm Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoboForm?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RoboForm?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I recently bought an item on my phone and created an account. When I got to my computer I did not know the password but RoboForm filled it in. I would have had to use the forgotten password option otherwise. Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I have used this for years across multiple devices and it simply works. Simple to use and works across many platforms. Synchronised to RoboForm's server so your data is always available should a device fail or you lose it. Interfaces with all web browser I have tried.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I really love having the convenience of RoboForm's password manager. It is very secure and it does exactly what I wanted it to do. I hope Roboform keeps criminals out. I had some that tried to use it at a different location and they stole my password using V2k voice to skull technology. It must be guarded.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

RoboForm is a 3rd party password generator with a management platform that is so secure it actually equal to or better than Norton. Norton password manager does not shut off after you log in where-as Roboform will time out forcing you to re-login. I use both in my computers, Thumb Drives, and Android Smart Phone. Roboform protects you from KEY LOGGING data using a process that is just one click to enter a User ID/Password.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I've used RoboForm for years. It not only does it protect my passwords and keep them available for instant use, it also generates passwords that are always strong. I have it on all my computers and would recommend it without reservation to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Been using it for years. Great Program. Works Very Well. Will continue to use for many more years. Love that the program will generate a strong password and then store it for future use. Work ok with Chrome. Could be little easier to use with Chrome The way it work with Windows 10.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

It just works! I have been using RoboForm for 15 years and it always works! Your passwords are in one safe place. It saves your passwords so that when you visit a site, you can enter them with a click.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Saves my brain remembering sites & passwords. Just a master password & a click, it's so simple. I don't use the Bookmarks/Favorites in the browsers as this saves all the problems of saving them when I have to reinstall or go to my other computers or phones. I recommend this as a must have for everyone.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Within the past few months, the program does not always identify the site and link the password. Sometimes it does and sometimes it does not. That then requires a visit to the appropriate login to copy and paste the password.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Excellent application, easy to use and secure. I use it everyday to keep my information secured. All my computer have this application and the best is that I can use it in all my computer without problem with the same information. I Strongly recommend use this wonderful application.

Regards

Fernando

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I have used RoboForm for the past 8 years and I have been very satisfied. I have recommended RoboForm to my family and friends and I trust RoboForm with over 150 passwords of my own and I have never been disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Great product. Love it. Frankly, I have no problems with this software. Never had any either. Used it for 10+ years. Price is reasonable. No incompatibilities with other software noticed. Tried quite a few similar programs with no better results.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Keeps all of my passwords secured in one place. I can have my passwords created by RoboForm without thinking of unique ones myself and also have the app on all of my devices. No longer recording my passwords in a notebook that I can easily lose or someone find and have access to my accounts.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

You can’t protect yourself enough when online and RoboForm has been protecting me, my company and hundreds of my clients for nearly 20 years. I have never been hacked, change passwords regularly and create awesome passwords with just one click.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I have been using RoboForm for many years and am very happy with its performance. In the last year or two, there seems to have been some product divergence, for example RoboForm Everywhere vs. RoboForm. I am not totally clear on what product I purchased. If I have RoboForm Everywhere, how do I access it using my mobile phone or my laptop computer when I travel? In the meantime I am perfectly happy using the RoboForm installation that I have on my desktop computer.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I have been nothing but pleased throughout the time I have had RoboForm. I would recommend it to anyone. I have only just discovered the emergency access contact 'online' and have now set this up which gives me peace of mind in the event of my untimely demise! Morbid thought but at least my wife would then have access to my accounts and passwords.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

A great product that keeps all my information in a safe place and extremely easy to access. Have been a user for nearly 15 years now. Have recommended it to many others. I haven't had much success with getting it to work on my phone. Will need to read up on it as that would be extremely helpful.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

I've been using RoboForm for a number of years and have found nothing that works nearly as well. Seamless integration with my Apple products and great feature set. I've recommended it to friends and family and have never heard a bad review.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

For some reason when I click on a website it will not open it anymore.. I have to enter the info. I have used RoboForm for 12 years or more and have always loved it until this year.. Please advise why I am having this problem.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I've been using RoboForm for almost 10 years. It's reliable, quick and with each new version it gets better and better. With the increased emphasis on password security the password generator in Roboform is particularly useful. I also like having the ability to access my account from a web browser when using a different computer and the Roboform app on a mobile device.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Sometime the RoboForm does not share. And I think Apple does it support it very well. I have had RoboForm for over 10 years and like it. Not crazy about having to password RoboForm on IBM for home. I know not the most secure but easy.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I like using RoboForm ever since I saw RoboForm in the top ten review. I like the new updates to the program. Before I had RoboForm life was like in the dark ages. It brought so much ease in to my life.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Wow! I've been a customer of RoboForm for years. Never had a support issue until today. As such, I was shocked to learn that direct support is a thing of the past. To Austin, my chat buddy... thanks for the deceptive response about auto-renew as it demonstrates how low RF has sunk. Your response to close the chat and the chat browser was petulant and childish. This abhorrent treatment is a poignant endorsement in favor of your competitors. Moreover, I wager that you will not understand why I will not renew in 2020.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Roboform is a poor product. It's a very basic password manager that often performs poorly. It's a frustrating experience and I don't recommend it. They also lied to me about pricing. I contacted them about a $12 per year deal that they had advertised on Google Ads. I got the following response: "Vito replied (2019/04/08 01:39 am EDT). We used to provide a 50% discount for the first year, as part of the RoboForm Everywhere promo, and the price was $9.95. Since September 2018 the new regular price is $23.88." Then, I googled Roboform a few weeks later and they had the same deal - $12 for a year. Please avoid using Roboform. It's a poor product and they act deceptively about their pricing. Do not recommend.

RoboForm response

Hi Sam - we sincerely apologize for any confusion there may have been regarding pricing. We do our best to notify the technical support team of marketing promotions running, but unfortunately, on a rare occasion, the line of communication can break down. We have replied to your existing support ticket and included the appropriate link to receive 50% off your first-time RoboForm Everywhere subscription.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I have been using Roboform for 7 years now, and I found it to be the best, easiest, and most user friendly Password and Auto Form-filling software I use...until now. I have over 800 (and counting) saved form templates on Roboform Everywhere that I have used every day over the years and have used them flawlessly for filling out web forms both for work and for personal use. I use these templates religiously every week constantly updating, making new ones and tweaking my forms depending on my needs. The past few weeks, I noticed something changing:

1. I noticed that it now takes 5 sometimes 15-20 seconds for the popup to show when I am logging in to a site, or trying to form fill a web form. This started around 6-8 months ago. Sometimes, it faster for me to just type my username and password myself than wait for popup to come up.

2. It does not fill out the whole web form anymore like it used to. I now have to scroll down the web form page and use the same template to fill out the rest of the form, sometimes needing to do it 2-3 times to fill it out to the bottom of the form. The fields are also filling out randomly now, needing to paste again and again just to complete it.

3. Like the pasting feature, trying to save a whole web form does not work anymore since it only saves the "visible" areas only, which only partially copies and it copies really randomly. When I compare my old templates to the new ones I made from the same web form, the copied fields in the new template are incomplete, and randomly saved.

What happened RoboForm? I contacted customer support and they said that the developers changed the software behavior where it only fills out the "visible" fields only for "security" reasons, and that I need to scroll down the page from now on. This really disappoints me, as all my forms scroll down and needs to be filled out. I suggest that you bring back the ability of being able to paste the entire template fields on the web form, and make the "Visible Field Only" behavior optional. I am also willing to check off a waiver form that I am aware that this might be a security issue and that I will not hold RoboForm liable for any security issues this might cause.

This change in the way Roboform copies and pastes the fields makes the software no different than LastPass, Dashlane etc. This is where you outshined the other software. This also makes the software totally "useless" now for my purposes. I am sure that many other users will realize and feel this way. Please bring the old behavior back and make the "Visible Field" only behavior optional. I hope you heed this suggestion seriously. I love this software and it would be a shame to see it lose its edge among its competitors.

RoboForm response

Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback. We certainly want to get you back to enjoying RoboForm.

1. Regarding the autofill popup delay, please try removing cookies. This could be related to the page not loading properly or memory being too low.

2. All data should be filled the first time it is selected. In cases where it does not, it may be due to the fields not having fully loaded. This can occur on longer webpages.

3. Visible fields refers to the fields that are visibly shown on the webpage. Some sites have hidden fields for non-sensitive data, which can be filled on the back end but not displayed on the front end. RoboForm can still fill in data further down the page as long as it can be "seen."

Should the issues persist, please do not hesitate to let us know via your existing ticket and our team will troubleshoot further.

Thank you!

Original review: April 4, 2019

I haven’t used it for years and they’re making it impossible to cancel. They keep sending me links that don’t work. They just loop. I do not recommend them. I don’t even recall signing up for this charge. It’s very sneaky and you’ll be charged forever and give up trying as that’s what they seem to be doing to me.

RoboForm response

Hello Trisha - If you are currently set to auto-renew, you may cancel your autorenewal payments by following the instructions listed here: https://help.roboform.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003064811-How-do-I-cancel-auto-renewal-for-RoboForm-Everywhere-Individual-Family-.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I have used RoboForm everywhere for years and recently, due to a computer problem, purchase the new computer with Windows 10. Prior to this change, whenever I used RoboForm to go to a site, it automatically entered the password. But now it no longer does so and I have to go back to RoboForm to check with the password is, then go back to the site and enter the password myself. It's really quite irritating and I don't understand why it is happening. I would appreciate any assistance you can offer. I've always been tremendously impressed by the program and its support staff, so I hope you will fail me now. Thank you in advance.

RoboForm response

Hi Patrick - thank you for taking the time to reach out and notify us of this issue. From what we can gather, it sounds as though autofill is no longer functioning properly. In order for us to best assist, at your convenience, please reply to our PM with either your order ID or the email address associated with your RoboForm account. Once we have your information, we'll ensure a representative reaches out. Thanks again!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I have been calling RoboForm for support on a number of issues. Each time I call over the past SEVERAL weeks, I am told I am caller number one, sit on hold for about 18 minutes and then get told that because of heavy call volume that I must leave my number and some one will get back to me. I don't get the call backs... ever. If I am caller number one and can't get someone, and never get a call back on a product I have paid for, I am not impressed!

RoboForm response

Hi Seth - we sincerely apologize for any delay in communication on our end. If you can please reply to our PM with your phone number, we'll ensure a technical supporter contacts you ASAP. Thank you.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I am using RoboForm Version 7 for last so many years. I was very happy with it. Somehow I have moved to Version 8 and it is a very bad experience for me on MS Edge, Mozilla, Chrome. Every time window of RoboForm is popping up on the top right side. In case of MS Edge, if I leave my computer snoozed then RoboForm icon vanishes and I need to activate it again. Further RoboForm icon does not come in the bar like ver. 7. It is coming on one side. It does not catch automatically itself rather we need to find it. I am sure that RF must have done Beta testing before launching in the market. But sorry to say that Version 8 is bad. Now what my chances to go back to reinstall to Version 7. But I am reading here on this forum that file formats are different in RF Ver 7 and Ver 8. It means that I need to fill all forms manually. Or if someone from RoboForm can suggest me other alternatives.

RoboForm response

Hi Surendra - Thank you for taking the time to reach out. We're very sorry to hear that your V8 experience has been such a negative one. Regarding Edge, we are aware of some existing issues such as the one you mentioned and we are working to have them resolved ASAP. We apologize for the inconvenience and we thank you for your patience in this matter. As for the other browsers, if you can please submit a ticket and include the specifics/a screenshot of the window you referenced, our support team will gladly investigate.

In reference to the icon, Chrome, Edge, and Firefox only support WebExtensions. As such, an upper toolbar is not possible. For more information regarding this change, please click here: http://bit.ly/2zQMaeF.

Lastly, while V7 and V8 do utilize different file formats, should you prefer, you can certainly reinstall V7. Because the file formats are different, however, any logins that you saved in V8 will not transfer back to V7 once it's reinstalled. Please make note of these logins and resave them once you've reinstalled V7. Should you have any questions or require assistance, please let us know by submitting a ticket here: http://bit.ly/1L9QELn.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I have had so many problems with this program. There are endless updates and every time I have to update, none of the passwords are maintained. I have to go through and redo them all. Today, I hired someone to help with my social media accounts and 3 out of 4 accounts had to be reset because the password that was showing on RoboForm was not right. It took us 40 minutes just to do that. So maddening... I have also called customer service repeatedly and rarely get a satisfactory resolution.

RoboForm response

Hi Ann - We certainly want to look into this for you as software updates should not be affecting the accuracy of your logins. If you can please reply to our PM, we'll gladly investigate. Thank you!

RoboForm Company Information