Zurich Vehicle Service Contract

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Miscellaneous Reviews

4.5/5 (101 ratings)
Zurich Vehicle Service Contract

About Zurich Vehicle Service Contract

Zurich offers extended auto warranties, also known as vehicle service contracts, that help protect you from repair costs related to breakdowns or malfunctioning components. Its vehicle service contracts are available throughout the U.S. and Canada. Zurich has representatives available to answer coverage questions.

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?

Original review: July 31, 2022

I had a screw in the tire. I took it to Volkswagen and it took them three hours to repair it. When I got there, I had an appointment for 8:00. They asked me if I was going to wait for it and I said, "Well, how long is it going to take?" They said, "Well, we should have it back there in 20 minutes." About 8:50, I'd asked them and they said that they hadn't even taken it to the back yet. Then, they called me at about 10:00. One of them had to give me a ride to work. About 10:30, they called me and said it was ready. I didn't have to pay anything to Zurich. Road hazard is definitely a safe investment. People are picking up screws all the time. Thankfully, it wasn't a tire that had to be replaced.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Zurich is the best. They patched my tire. They were able to get me a lift to take me back to my hotel, and a lift to get me afterwards. Beyer Volvo does a great job every time. I love them.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

I called Zurich one time because someone hit and ran me. It was a little frustrating to hear that my paint warranty was not covered even though it had nothing to do with me. It felt like I threw my money at Zurich for no good reason because I still had to pay for the repairs on my own. What was the point of spending all this money on a warranty that does nothing for me? They wouldn't replace my wheel. That was the one and only time I probably will ever try and use them.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

I had the truck in for an oil change and the mechanic noticed it was leaking oil. He took care of everything. I gave him the paperwork, and he got everything set up before he setup to do the service. I just had to pay my deductible.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

The process is streamlined. My claim has been paid every time.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

I had some issues with my vehicle and everything was taken care of. I only had a payment deductible. I didn't have to do anything. The dealership called for me. It's great having coverage, especially if something goes wrong. I like it because things do happen.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

Just got off the phone with an agent and she was direct in speaking, took my claim information, then asked, "How long has it been since you noticed the fading?" I told her I noticed it might have started a year ago. I just thought I waxed it wrong. She explained that all warranty items must be reported within 30 days of noticing the problem. I tried to explain that I wasn't sure it was an issue until I tried waxing again and it didn't fix it. Then I asked if they have a legal department that I may have the address to and she said she had to get off the phone and for me to contact the dealer where I purchased the warranty. Ugh! They are a scam!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

I've used Zurich one time, and it was good. I had to have Banks put in the rear end. The people that did it did all the work for me as far as the claim. I just dropped my Jeep off, paid the deductible and all the fees, and went back, and picked my Jeep up. So far, everything's good.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

I went in because I had an engine light coming on and a message stating that the engine power was reduced. AutoNation asked me the phone number for Zurich. They said I needed a new battery because that was causing that light and that message to come on. I didn't purchase the battery yet. The car is working, but it still gets that message. They said the battery wasn't covered. I didn't feel that they were being straightforward with me. It seemed like they were trying to charge me for other things and not telling me what was covered. I get free oil changes through Bob Steele but AutoNation couldn't honor that because I didn't purchase my car there. But I liked the fact that they dealt with Zurich without me getting involved.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I had low air pressure on one of my tires. The shop took the car and said that Zurich was only going to pay to patch up the hole and not give me a new tire. So that was what they did. But this was the second time that tire went out, so I wanted a new one. I know everything that's covered under my warranty and a tire is covered under it.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

Zurich had good customer service. We took our car to Lia Nissan and everything worked out great.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I had a flat repaired and when I submitted a claim with Zurich, it was really easy. I just called them, let them know that I needed a tire repaired, and they scheduled it. Then, my car was brought in the shop and they covered the cost of the repair.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

The extended warranty covers pretty much everything. It helps out so much. It has paid for itself at this point. The last claim was with something on the engine. It helped that it didn't come straight out of my pocket.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

The service with Zurich was pretty simple, and I didn't pay anything for my claim at all.

Original review: July 30, 2022

We had a good experience. They said they were gonna cover our claim for tire sensors and something else that needed replacing. I'm just thrilled that it was covered under the policy.

Original review: July 15, 2022

I had a tire that had to be replaced. I made an appointment and the tire place called in the claim. Then, we got a new tire. It was covered 100% with no deductible.

Original review: March 30, 2022

The first time, the mechanics had to order the parts because they don't keep in stock of what went wrong. The radio went out but they were able to fix it and Zurich paid for everything.

Original review: March 16, 2022

I had an injector change then some other thing, and Zurich was very good. I paid my 100 deductible and Green Chevrolet was easy to deal with.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

Both tires had a bubble on them and they replaced them. I wouldn't have had the money to buy two whole new tires and whatever else they would come up with that I needed.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

When I got a nail on my tire, I called up and they told me that I'd some kind of warranty on the tire. They told me that if it met certain requirements, it could be replaced, and they replaced it. Zurich was good. I was happy that I had it.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

I have no idea how to renew my warranty. It would be good if there is a a mailed-out notice or an email notice of “it's about to expire", or something that says, “Hey, you got 5,000 miles left.” Other than that, I haven't had any issues.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

I just had some work done because there was a nail in my tire. My guy was checking it and said that couldn't be fixed the way the tire was positioned in there. I had to have a new tire. The Northtown shop contacted Zurich and they met my expectations. So far, so good.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2022

I haven't had any problems with Zurich. I go in, pay my $100 deductible, and get my things fixed. The dealership deals with them directly. When my power mirror and radio weren't working properly, I took the car to a dealership and paid the deductible. They ordered me a radio and fixed my mirror.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

We’ve had 3 problems with the car, and Zurich has only fixed one of them which is the wheel bearings on the front that had fallen off. But that was only because I raised hell with them. The rotors on the front were warped and they said that wasn’t covered. Then we had an engine problem and they said it was gonna be $600. That motor is part of the drivetrain but they wouldn't cover it. I ended up fixing it myself for 78 bucks. They need to be more upfront with what’s covered and what isn’t. The way the finance guy made it sound, anything on the motor end will be covered.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

There was a nail in my tire and it needed to be replaced. It was not something that could be plugged, so they had to replace the tire. They offered to give me a ride from point A to point B, which I took. But by the time I would have gotten back to them, there would have been nobody there for me to pick up my vehicle. So I had to go the next day. They took care of the whole issue.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

Used warranty for the first time for 2 small dents on my doors, guy comes over, he fixes the dents, when I go to move the car again, I see a clear torch mark on my front bumper/grill, clearly from him moving the torch from one side to the other of the car, they asked if I had on camera, I said no, so they said the guy said he didn’t do it, so it’s on me, "Call us back if you can prove it."

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Dear Giovanni,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide, and your experience should be no exception. Feedback from our customers is a key component in helping us improve. If you have any unanswered questions or would be willing to discuss your concerns with us, please contact us at: vscclaim@zurichna.com

Sincerely,

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

This is my sixth car in 10 years and I've gotten Zurich every single time. I've used it twice and never had a problem.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

I had a lot of trouble with the tires when I bought it. It kept going flat and I kept taking it back. After four or five times, they finally gave me two new tires. I had several things wrong with the car. The mirror was worn out and it's a 2019. I paid $800 for a mirror that was cracked. I did not like that. I took the car back because it kept reading the mirror was not right. They fixed it the second time.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I had a nail in my tire. I brought my car to Nissan and they reached out to Zurich.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Based off of the experience I've had so far, this warranty is good to have.