Call Now Toll Free
Shop Now on ShortTermHealthInsurance.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.89/5
Based on 2,771 ratings submitted in the last year

United Health Care Call Now Toll Free (844) 841-5363 Shop Now on ShortTermHealthInsurance.com

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now
Call Now Toll Free

United Health Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Health Care?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Health Care?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

My wife had a recent gynecologist procedure, which involved an outpatient stay in our local women's hospital and for her to be put under anesthesia. I delivered her to the hospital in the morning and picked her up in the afternoon. All was coordinated and facilitated by the caring doctors and nursing staff. To include calls prior and calls post op. The procedure was a success and kept my wife from needing a hysterectomy. Thus it was proactive. Additionally, all of this was covered with no copayments for either the hospital visit or the associated medical prescriptions. Overall, we're 100% satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

I've been with United Health Care for quite some time, I only use it as a backup insurance for when I can't be seen by the VA, United healthcare has taken care of me when I needed them to, although my primary insurance is the VA, I still use United healthcare somewhat, they do a good job on providing me with good healthcare, I feel pretty comfortable with United healthcare as my secondary insurance.

Get buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

During the last 2 years, I have had serious health issues, requiring numerous hospitalizations and an organ transplant in 2019. United Healthcare was there for me every step of the way. Coverage was phenomenal, customer service was outstanding. They provided an RN to monitor my case and work with me throughout my journey. They provided T&E expense reimbursement for my travel to my hospital - Jefferson U. Hospital - which was a center of excellence. I can’t say enough about how fantastic UHC is. I will be sorry when I have to switch in January, 2021.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

United Healthcare has friendly people. They call regularly to check up on you and see if you need help. They remind you of shots should get to stay healthy. Their prescription plan is unbelievable, extremely affordable. The extra money for over the counter supplies are good to have I save $60 every 3 months for daily necessities. You get rewards for Dr. Visits, mammograms, flu shots. So many extra benefits!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

I have a lot of experience with United Health Care. The good is that they are accepted at a lot of places as being in network. However one issue I seen with this is I had to take my son to the emergency room and when I got the billing back, the emergency room is in network, however the attending physician is not and is considered out of network. That is really sad cause I cannot say I want the emergency room but not the doctor. I have to watch their billing a lot cause they did not credit me for all of my payments for prescriptions but after I pointed it out to them they rechecked and found like three of them they never credited and then I got a refund for those.

The rates they have negotiated with hospitals are ridiculously high. At the local hospital I went to get blood work. It was a full blood panel and an ASO titer test. At the hospital it cost me almost $900 for this bloodwork, and that was after the negotiated rate. Prior it was like $1500-1700. But I next had the exact same blood test, but this time had it drawn there and sent to Labcorp and my final price was $32. So when I complained about the hospital gouging me the insurance said well that is what they negotiated so it is acceptable for pricing.

As long as you keep following it and pay close attention then it works well. It is expensive but that is what our company had negotiated. Only other issue I have had with them is hitting the family deductible and the maximum out of pocket expense. My wife had surgery and that allowed us to hit her deductible and the family deductible. However when I got something done, I was charged the full amount not the discount after deductible. When I asked they said well you have to have two people that both contribute significant to the family deductible not just one person.

Original review: May 14, 2021

After a year in with this insurance company and at 1200 per month there were no prior reports of issues with my knee. After a fall few weeks prior on my knee, I scheduled an appt with the bone and joint Dr I found after 1 week in, due to my knee bothering me. The office performed tests and a shot of ** seemed to do the trick, they scheduled me for a follow up.

A week later, I received an invoice from the insurance company refusing to pay for the visit asking me to fill out a medical history form, where they stated they will search for a pre-existing conditions. It seems desperation knows no boundaries and it seems after signing with this company who have vouched to pay for my healthcare have no interest in doing so. It seems reading several reviews on other sites this company has done the same to others. They have gone as far to not pay for a Dr's request for tests to make sure they protect the health and well being of their patient, this company not so much.

Original review: May 12, 2021

UNITED HEALTHCARE SCAM AND UNSCRUPULOUS EDGE PARK. For over six weeks now, I have been trying to fill a prescription for Freestyle Libre 2 reader and sensor. I have been using Freestyle Libre for the last 2 years with the same United Healthcare Insurance before switching to AARP United Healthcare Advantage (PPO). Before now, I was able to fill my prescription with any pharmacy of my choice. But right now, United Healthcare has a preferred vendor Edge Park. Edge Park is the worst online medical supply company I had ever dealt with. The reps are so confused and constantly in disarray. Their website is not user friendly at all.

A rep from UHC actually helped me to set up an account with this nerve-braking mushroom online company. I have suffered six weeks of pains, headaches and sleepless nights. No patient should ever be exposed to this kind of a mess, talk more of a 73-year-old diabetic patient with severe cervical spine problems, and massive arthritis. I consider United Healthcare to be very unethical in partnering with this low-level online company. It is intentionally designed to torture senior citizens and I hope someone out there will go after the crooks at the United healthcare.

Today, I spoke with Victor (a United Healthcare supervisor). He called me back and left a 6-digit phone number. I called United, got some ignorant woman, who claims not to have the complete “866-…” number. Even his extension had to be listed to by my grandchildren to be able to figure out what the irrational guy was saying. Now I am traveling out of the country for 2 months without this much-needed prescription. Shame on both United Healthcare and Edge Park. When I come back I will do some TV interviews to warn senior citizens. Dear senior citizens, be warned of the crooks and SCAM at United HealthCare and Edge Park. They are not looking out for you. It is all about how they can run you down and cheat you.

Original review: May 10, 2021

They discriminate against pre-existing conditions and HIV/gay/older people. My spouse was discriminated and denied/rejected from getting insurance from UnitedHealthcare and their underwriters, Golden Rule Insurance Company. United Health and Golden Rule show no care and compassion toward older HIV and gay people who are in transition for insurance and they discriminate. What would Jesus do? I do not think he would deny or reject people like these insurance companies have done to us. The government should intervene and not allow them to discriminate again HIV or pre-existing conditions and reject and deny them. They showed no care or compassion and humans should be protected against discrimination and this hate and rejection of companies who are supposed to provide a service to humans for their health and well being. Their discrimination and denial of a human right is sad to see in this day and age.

Original review: April 25, 2021

Great Benefit Emulators (See The Rainmaker novel/film). Mircromanaging my treatment plan and denying the prescribed meds because of the price alone. Despite the expertise of my specialists, after 3 years on the right combination of meds, Great Benefit, I mean UHC, wants me to try cheaper therapies that we have already tried without success. My health is clearly not their concern, just the cost of my health. Customer service reps: it's always a different dept that must handle some other detail, an endless wait to be transferred and an accidental disconnection during the transfer. Every time I call.

Original review: April 13, 2021

UnitedHealthcare is the worse health care. My doctor send three times authorization for my med and United Health care rejected and now I am not able to take my medicine. It’s a horrible company. Even for genetic you need authorization. You pay all these money and can’t get your medication.

United Health Care author review by Joseph Burns

UnitedHealthCare is the largest single health care carrier in the United States. It currently covers approximately 70 million Americans and contributes large amounts of money to medical research every year.

• Lots of options: UnitedHealthCare provides a wide range of plan options for individuals, families and employers.

• Offers Medicaid plans: Low-income consumers may be able to get Medicaid insurance through UnitedHealthCare.

• Offers Medicare Advantage plans: Seniors may be able to get their Medicare insurance through UnitedHealthcare’s Medicare Advantage plans.

by Joseph Burns Health Insurance Contributing Editor

An independent journalist, Joseph Burns is the health insurance topic leader for the Association of Health Care Journalists and contributes to AHCJ’s Covering Health blog. He has also written about health policy and the business of health care for a wide variety of publications, including Healthcare Finance News, Hospitals & Health Networks, Managed Care magazine, Ophthalmology Management, TaxACT.com, and The Dark Report.

United Health Care Company Information