4.11/5
  • 1 star
Based on 65 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking for an independent insurance agent? At TrustedChoice.com you can find a large selection of independent insurance agents and carriers. Because a Trusted Choice® independent insurance agent has access to multiple insurance companies, they are able to offer you competitive pricing, a broad choice of products and valuable advocacy.

TrustedChoice.com Video
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 5, 2018

67 TrustedChoice.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I was referred to TrustedChoice.com which is a good company. It was pretty easy navigating through their website.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

We moved out of state so we switched from our previous company over to TrustedChoice and they were excellent. I felt like calling somebody might be faster than trying to search through everything to find what I wanted. So, I was talking to a representative who quickly gave me several phone numbers that I could call and I ended up picking from one of those for our agent. It was great.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

TrustedChoice is easy to navigate, and they have a lot of options. If you're in the market for insurance, I would recommend it for sure.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I was very happy with the results of TrustedChoice's agent selection process. It was very timely and didn't take too long. I only started to use them in November and it was my first time using them but I would already tell my friends to use TrustedChoice. However, when I looked at their website, I didn’t use it to find anybody. I simply called the 800 number and the rep I talked to was very helpful. She hooked me up with an insurance broker who was able to arrange insurance for me.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I was helping my son find a dental plan and TrustedChoice was one of the choices that came up. They had a number of different companies and offered everything we thought we needed. They had a special going on for a lot of deliveries and we took advantage of that to save us something. I called and talked to the reps and then, my son came over. We went back online and I showed him and then I called and talked to them and he answered questions and signed up.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TrustedChoice.com?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I was thinking that our insurance was getting expensive and had gone up a little bit so I checked with about five different companies to get some different bids and get an idea. We actually get excellent service from our insurance company. Only I thought we could save some money but as it turned out they were still a little better than other companies.

TrustedChoice.com is an insurance broker so they actually work with dozens of different companies to find the right policy. Usually they talk to you over the phone and kind of help you find what you’re looking for or they’ll communicate via email. The interesting thing about that is it can make a very big difference on the company itself. Another part of the puzzle that a lot of people don’t know about is that many big-name brand insurance companies that you would recognize like Farmers, and Nationwide and a few others actually have a second brand or in other words a different name. And they sell through brokers and we ended up with the broker that we called and got us a much better rate than we did directly to the insurance company years prior to that. They actually gave us a much better price through the subsidiary of the same company that we were already with back then. We found out that the company we’ve been with is extremely competitive in today’s market.

However, when I go to TrustedChoice's website I’m looking for answers and they can’t really give answers because they depend on the people they represent to provide those. In other words they want me to talk to the people that they represent to make an informed choice and I understand that but it wasn’t the information I was looking for.

I was hoping for some kind of a price guideline and a little bit more detail than the website provided but that would be my only negative in-put on it. But other than that I don’t remember anything being bad about the website. Other than the fact that, of course, I had to put in all the information without knowing who I was really giving the information to. In this age of stolen identities and everything else I don’t like to do that too much. But although there were things missing I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend TrustedChoice either.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

TrustedChoice called me and got the information. They will be looking for an insurance company for me and they were supposed to check it all up but no one ever called me back. They never followed through. And I don’t like spending that much time on the phone with somebody and they cannot even say that they couldn’t find anything. I’m very dissatisfied.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

TrustedChoice's website is good. They gave me some quick and good references and the companies were reputable. However, I was in a precarious situation that impacted the majority of insurance carriers and I can't get covered by those individuals.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I thought TrustedChoice was an independent insurance company but they’re more like an insurance broker. That’s the first time I'd use somebody like that. Their website was decent; I’ve used better ones but theirs was a little better than average. I had a short conversation with their rep and she was very friendly and professional. Right now, we’re still on the process of reaching out to see who would provide the coverage we needed so that when we are ready for the insurance, I have the agents. I got two agents from TrustedChoice and they are to give me a third one. So if anyone's looking for something a little unique, TrustedChoice can find some of those additional resources.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I was trying to find a broker and it seemed like I was getting the wrong kind of people. I called the South Carolina Department of Insurance, and they told me about TrustedChoice. TrustedChoice wasn't able to help me 'cause I was in a high-risk category for insurance and I have had so many claims within so many years. I went to their website to get a phone number and it was fairly simple to navigate. They had a list of agents based on my zip code and they recommended some insurance companies. They were the resource for me to get to those independent contractors and I eventually got to the right one. Even though I still have to do the legwork and the calling because I have the personal information for the insurance companies to find out, they pointed me in the right direction. They were good enough for me to recommend it if I knew somebody that is in the situation I am in.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I have used another independent insurance company and I don’t find TrustedChoice to be much different than others. I was trying to ascertain what was out there beyond the bigger name companies and to see what options I had. I was looking through the internet and an umbrella of other companies came up. Dealing with an insurance company per se is difficult and TrustedChoice didn’t strike me as particularly positive. I don’t think they are transparent and they don’t typically use layman’s terms. My experience with TrustedChoice would not encourage me to tell other people to use them.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

The service from TrustedChoice was better compared to the previous company we had. I looked for an alternative other than an independent agent, and also somebody close. And so far, TrustedChoice worked out. We’re still working on it today, and I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I came about TrustedChoice through friends and recommendations, so I feel good about the way I did before reaching out to them myself. It was easy navigating through their site. They gave me a list of people that were brokers and so I selected one nearby and went through the process with them. They looked for insurance which I already had. I was seeing if I could save money, and the conclusion that we both came to was that the insurance provider that they never even mentioned in the search process, and who I already carry, is cheaper. So, it was not a fit for me that time but it made me feel good and I was already with a good company that gave me good insurance.

The only thing that anybody would be concerned with is privacy, sharing of information with a lot of different places and signing up for junk mail. TrustedChoice asked me if I'd like my information to be shared with a bunch of agents to which I selected "no". I didn't want five agents calling me and telling me they want my business. I received a couple of calls and a few emails but it has not been intense.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I got the local contact numbers of insurance companies from TrustedChoice.com and I contacted those companies. But I have questions with the phone numbers provided by TrustedChoice because I used these two times and they never worked for me. So, I searched the names on Google to get some other phone numbers, then I contacted the companies. Right after, I checked with TrustedChoice and I got better discounts than other name brand insurance companies, so I went with TrustedChoice. But website navigation at the site wasn't easy and I wound up speaking with the reps on the phone. But the reps were good and professional and my overall experience with TrustedChoice was very good.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

It was extremely difficult to find insurance for my residence and I went through so many websites. The way I found all of my stuff was basically doing Google searches, forum searches and contacting other people. TrustedChoice helps but it couldn’t help me - it was assistive but I couldn’t use it because of the unique feature of my house. Everything can be very easily navigated and easy to assist me in what I was looking for but it just couldn’t find me what I needed.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

TrustedChoice seemed so legitimate and didn’t strike me as being sketchy that I never gave it a second thought. They gave me choices and I made the choice.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I was looking for a casualty company so I called TrustedChoice's number and the person I talked to gave me a contact. And then through that contact, I called a few other people that could possibly help. Saint Martin got wrecked by the hurricane and nobody really wants to go in. It was a good experience to have a central intelligence within the insurance industry that could navigate us to companies that could provide service on what we’re looking for. It’s a good service.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I was looking for wind insurance and TrustedChoice gave me four wind pool providers on the Mississippi Gulf Coast area. I called each one of them and got quotes and the information I needed. That was easy and the website was very helpful.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I knew about TrustedChoice, and I felt like it was a good place for my girlfriend to call because they had several companies that they represented. I was trying to get them find a car insurance and homeowners' insurance for my girlfriend. They said she was paying a very high-priced one with another insurance company and they told her to stick with it for a year and then call them back. And because she let her insurance lapse for one month, they said they couldn't write insurance on her, which was disappointing. The representative on the phone was very cordial and she checked my girlfriend's record but they could not help her at all. They seem very restricted, which is crazy. They were polite and they seem like they wish they could help us but they couldn't.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I was dissatisfied with TrustedChoice because they never did anything for me. They told me that they gave my name out to about three companies but I never got a callback from any of them. The lady that I talked to helped me. I was looking for homeowner's insurance and was having a problem with the wiring in our home. She told me what I needed to do and more or less what it was going to cost because she had another client that went through the same thing. And as it turned out, the insurance company that we have accepts the AlumiConn, which is what we need to go with. I've been with People's Choice for 15-20 years and I'm going to stay with them.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

TrustedChoice's website was easy to navigate and it was my first time using an insurance brokerage online. However, I didn't end up doing anything with them. I was looking for rental insurance for flood, but I found out that I had to stay with the insurance that I had. It would have been a better fit though.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I thought I could shop around for some homeowner's insurance that would either be in the same range as my provider but perhaps offered a little bit more or would actually be lower. I went with TrustedChoice thinking that they would have an extensive database of insurance providers and could weed out the ones that couldn’t help and find one or two that could. But they weren’t able to assist me and I'm very disappointed. If they listened very carefully to the circumstances, they would not have wasted their time or mine. They could have said there was nothing they could do for me and I would have respected that a lot more.

TrustedChoice.com response

I'm so sorry you were not satisfied with the insurance agency results in Orangeburg, SC. I had one of our customer service reps reach out to you to see if we can figure out how to better assist you.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I was searching homeowner’s insurance and TrustedChoice was one of the sites that popped up. I tried their website, told them what I was looking for, grabbed the quote and they put me in contact with three other agencies but they weren’t able to provide. My situation for living is kind of unique, and nobody can provide insurance unless I go to the state. But my experience with TrustedChoice was convenient and I would tell my friends to try it.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

The navigation on TrustedChoice was very easy and I had a very good experience. I was very grateful that information was available to me. I felt it was better to know ahead of time which insurance companies could help me because typically when I would do a search, I would get bogged down with hundreds of offers, not even knowing if they were local or if they could cover my property. TrustedChoice really narrowed it down for me and it gave me the limited number of companies that could help me, and I found a new company. I would definitely recommend that others do a search on TrustedChoice.com because it really cuts out all the guesswork. Their name, TrustedChoice, says it all and they live up to that from my experience.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I was looking for insurance in Boston, Massachusetts for one of my houses in Salem. I went online and TrustedChoice just popped up. I put in some information and then, some people called me. The website was fine, but I ended up going elsewhere. The reps weren't too knowledgeable about their products. One person said they're going to call me back but never called me back. One lady gave me a quote and that was it. I ended up just calling another company in the general area.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I was trying to find an insurance company and somebody recommended TrustedChoice to me. Navigating through their website was fine. However, they didn't want to take me because of lapse of insurance and they explained what was going on. I spoke to an agent and I was given some referrals for some other insurance companies that were helpful. They did very well in getting back with me and it has been an informative experience.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I had an excellent experience with TrustedChoice. We've been with Allstate for many years but their rates went up and the representation went down so we decided to give them up. We went with an independent agent who doesn’t have the overhead that Allstate has. I looked up an agent close by and called up Sylvia from TrustedChoice. She was never pushy and I gave her all the info she needed. She called back a couple of days later and gave us a quote. She waited for a month but we still haven't made our decision and she asked to set a date to call back. But I called back and made an appointment to go over and see her. We met up, we liked her and signed up.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I picked an insurance through TrustedChoice. It was a good experience.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

When I lived in Florida, I had my own insurance that got renewed automatically. Then I moved to South Carolina when I got a home up here and took over the vacation house. I was renting a home from a family member and I was trying to find renter's insurance for it. Whatever Google brought up is what I used and I went with TrustedChoice.com. I never got answers from their website or who they sent my information out to, so I ended up having to go to the phonebook and find people manually. The people that the website recommended wouldn't insure me because I've never had renter's insurance before and I was a new customer here in South Carolina. I had to find some mom-and-pop shop out of the phonebook who would be able to help me.

To a friend who would ask about TrustedChoice.com, I would say good luck because if you find someone on there that will help you, great. If not, keep going for something. I'm trying to be nice and I only had one experience with them, and that one time they answered the right questions and they were fine. It's just I couldn’t get any help from them.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

The current insurance that I use for my car insurance recommended TrustedChoice. My renters insurance with TrustedChoice was the one I was looking for and it covers everything that I needed. Their reps were very helpful, understanding, and knowledgeable. So I had an excellent experience.

TrustedChoice.com Company Information

100 N 6th street Suite 302A
Minneapolis
MN
www.trustedchoice.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use