Tripinsurance.com
4.39/5

Looking for travel insurance?

Tripinsurance.com

TripInsurance.com offers some of the best value and service in travel insurance. They make it easy to compare and select the best coverage for your trip by grouping their plans into three categories: Good, Better and Best. They are the only comparison website that lets you file claims on their website. They provide telephone support when you buy, while you travel, and when you file your claims. All their plans come with e-Travel Alerts to inform you of any problems that may occur during your trip.

They have exclusive agreements with the leading insurers to sell travel insurance at consumer direct prices. These are the same insurers behind the brands you buy from your travel agent. They cut out the middlemen and save you 40% or more over similar plans from other comparison sites, travel agents, or tour operators. TripInsurance.com travel insurance plans come with a 100% money back guarantee – cancel your plan for any reason within 14 days of purchase and get a full refund.

View More View More

Looking for travel insurance?

197 Tripinsurance.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: Nov. 22, 2015

I was looking for a travel insurance online and Tripinsurance.com came up as a top 10 through Frommer's. It was easy buying the insurance but hard to get a hold of anybody to take care of an incident which I had with my last trip. I have been trying to file the claim online but it goes to a dead end. I also tried it over the telephone thru an 800-number but it's always busy and never rings.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

I had elderly parents and thought that something might happen to them. I wanted peace of mind so I purchased a travel insurance from Tripinsurance.com. I mailed a claim once, but I didn't have satisfactory results from the claim because I wasn't covered for what I was asking for. Yet, overall, I'm satisfied with them.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2015

We went with TripInsurance because of the cost. We didn’t need a whole lot of coverage, but because of our age we needed something just in case. It worked really well and I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2015

My overall experience with TripInsurance has been excellent. I would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2015

My signing up experience with TripInsurance.com was good. I haven’t had to use it yet but I'm happy with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TripInsurance.com?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2015

Even though we did not have to use the insurance policy. Our minds were at ease knowing we had a good policy to cover us during our cruise. We will purchase the same policy for our next cruise.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

TripInsurance.com zeros in on the type of insurance needed for a specific trip, then provides comparison insurance and prices - all in one place.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

I thought I had everything covered when I talked with, later received e-mail concerning coverage I wanted to purchase. I could not get anywhere with the agents when I questioned some of the things they required after my return trip was completed. I requested a copy of the conversations recorded, only to have my request ignored or refused. This is not the kind of help or cooperation I expect from their company. I no longer trust them. Contact me if interested.

Tripinsurance.com response
      HI Frederick,
      We are your insurance agent, and are happy to help you in your communications with the insurance underwriter's claims department. I wish you had let us know you were having trouble with a claim for your trip to Alaska. Please send us an email to support@tripinsurance.com and we can check on claim status for you, or help you appeal a decision from the carrier. We are here to help. If there is any way we can exceed your expectations for good customer service, please let me know.
      Best regards,
      Dan Skilken
      President

TripInsurance.com

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

TripInsurance was the fallback in case something happened on the trip that we took in October. By using their website, reviewing all of the features that were available and by recommendations of friends who have used them also, I felt comfortable in going ahead and making the arrangements and purchased the insurance for our trip. Fabulous. We didn't need to use it, but I was very happy that it was there in case there was a problem.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2015

I cannot get it to work online. But the people who help me on the phone are wonderful. It is so nice to talk to a real person.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2015

Good value, easy to purchase.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2015

Responses prompt. No use was made of insurance.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2015

We compared products and policies that would best suit our budget and chose Tripinsurance.com because of the price. We had no problems enrolling and on the trip so the experience was fine.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2015

Our Nationwide trip insurance was comprehensive. We received several travel alerts regarding India's fuel embargo of Nepal, which helped us consider alternative travel options should they become necessary. I would strongly recommend this insurance for peace of mind.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2015

I had a good experience in navigating the Tripinsurance website. It was easy to use and it allowed me to compare products and pick the right policy for my budget. I ended up not having to use it, so that's good.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2015

We did not need to use the insurance, but having it made our travel more stress free.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2015

Tripinsurance.com was recommended by BajaAirVentures for our trip to swim with whale sharks in Mexico. It was my first experience with Trip Insurance. I was delighted with the information provided on your website. It was easy to understand and very clear on how to obtain the coverage we desired. Best of all, there was no confusion or small print on what would or would not be covered. Prices seemed reasonable. I have already recommended your company to a friend and will not hesitate to use you again should the need arise.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2015

What we found most enlightening was the many "updates" of travel information prior to our departure. They were most helpful in the final planning of our trip to Peru. We did NOT experience any disruptions during our trip but we did carry our documents with us just in case. My wife and I felt secure and protected on our trip and we would recommend this company for your travel needs.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2015

I purchased travel insurance from Tripinsurance.com to cover myself for health just in case, being out of the country. My experience with their customer service was good. I was in the process of putting through a claim and they sent forms right away. First, I called them then I did it online. Now I have to mail in or email supporting documentation. The process seems easy. Also, they have the best price and value for what I got. They covered the most things. I’d use them again.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2015

I have just recommended TripInsurance.com to ANOTHER friend. I have used them on 3 trips now and find the array of choices in insurance very helpful in choosing what I want. My sister, who is much younger than I appreciated the breakdown by age for the cost. In addition, another friend of mine had to cancel on the Italy trip 3 of us were taking, and her insurance through TripInsurance.com reimbursed her fairly and somewhat quickly. I am recently insured for a trip to Croatia. I find the advisories the TripInsurance.com emails to me very helpful. Overall the insurance is a fair price, individualized and does work when you need it to.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2015

We've purchased trip insurance several times from Tripinsurance.com. Our questions were answered promptly. Luckily, we have never had to use the insurance for our trips. The true test would be how problems/reimbursements are handled. We went with this independent company after having an issue with insurance purchased through the trip provider, Globus. Plane never came, called immediately. Luckily we also called our credit card about the final payment and we did receive that back but lost the deposit and other money despite not our fault. Globus and their insurance co just gave us the runaround.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2015

Felt secure and safe knowing we was protected on our cruise. Everything was simple and a print of our contract. Very affordable. Thanks. Will purchase again.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2015

This is outstanding insurance. It is extremely well priced, $600 less than the same coverage as my travel agent had offered us. We have referred our friends to Dan Skilken to get their travel insurance too. Thank you Dan for finding this insurance for us.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2015

No claim needed. Appreciate the email updates.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2015

Went on Transatlantic trip and got ill. Ended up in hospital out of the country for 12 days or so and the process to get treatment for myself and all of the necessary information so that wife could take of things there and at home was first class. The people at Tripinsurance.com were thoughtful, caring and understood the stress involved. Upon returning, claims handled professionally and fast. I recommend Tripinsurance.com to anyone going anywhere and to anyone that listens!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2015

Very accommodating, well informed, helpful representatives. Gave me the time and attention I feel I needed to make an informed decision regarding the best travel insurance to meet my needs. I do recommend TripInsurance to friends and family. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2015

The experience with customer service is very good. I have recommended Tripinsurance.com to a friend. It's a very good website and well-designed. It helps making the decision very easy. The prices seemed better than the other places I have shopped.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2015

The price was reasonable for the coverage received. As I didn't need to make a claim I can't really comment on the service involved with the policy.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2015

There were no problems with the insurance. The trip was EXCELLENT and Hampton Jitney was also. I intend to use your company and HJ when I return to LI in

April/May 2016 .

Original review: Nov. 13, 2015

We have not cruise yet, and hopefully we will not have to used our cruise insurance. But if we need to I hope Tripinsurance will be there for us. So at this time it would be kind of hard to rate this company. But I will still give it a rating. PS our cruise date is 12/11/2015 to 12/21/2015.

Tripinsurance.com Company Information