2. Homeowners
State Farm Homeowners Insurance

State Farm Homeowners Insurance

3.8/5 (242 ratings)
Compare Quotes on Quotewizard

Need to insure your new home, or looking to lower your rate?

Get pricing in minutes with Lemonade

Get started

About State Farm Homeowners Insurance

State Farm is best known for its auto insurance, but it also offers homeowners insurance. When you request a quote, State Farm suggests one of three levels of coverage: Essential, Expanded or Premium. You can select add-ons and see if you qualify for discounts. AM Best has given State Farm a high rating for its financial strength.

Pros

• Network of agents
  • Reviews praise claims process
  • Several discounts available

Cons

• Fairly high rates

Bottom Line

State Farm offers solid homeowners insurance coverage. Policies can be pricey, but we think the coverage and discounts seal the deal.

Need to insure your new home, or looking to lower your rate?

Get pricing in minutes with Lemonade

Get started

State Farm Homeowners Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about State Farm Homeowners Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about State Farm?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2014

My home was severely damaged and State Farm refuses to cover the loss in it's entirety claiming the amount is "excessive". Putting my life back together after such a loss is hardly excessive. The last time I checked, insurance is designed "to return the insured to the position they held prior to the loss". Nowhere in the law does it say "unless some pencil-necked geek named Trent decides it's excessive". Most people don't know that you can report your insurance company to your state Insurance Commission or Department. Every consumer has that right and they do investigate your complaint. If they get enough complaints they investigate the company. I complained to mine and they are working on it.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2014

Today I received my homeowners renewal in the mail and noticed that without my request my deductible had been increased from $500 to $1478. In reviewing the 5 or so pages included in the renewal, next to the last page I read that I could reduce my deductible back to my original $500 for an additional $106 more per year. In my opinion it's not worth increasing my deductible if it only saves me $106 per year.

I was an office manager for State Farm for over 10 years. They are a great company and I've found one of the few companies that stand behind their policies but I found this change disturbing. Being in the business for 30+ years, I read my renewal notices but for the average policyholder, they don't. They would not know that their policy deductible had been increased until they suffered a loss and at that time it would be too late to make a change. Usually the savings is minimal.

The reason I believe they have adopted this automatic policy change is that there are so many burglaries, fires, thefts and liability claims, seems everyone wants to sue. If State Farm changes the deductibles without your knowledge, less out of their pocket plus people will see the dollar savings and the cost to return to original deductible and leave it as it is. Law states that they cannot make changes without your approval, that's why in the very back pages it states that you have the option to change it back...... but it will cost you.

Why and how can State Farm legally make the deductible change WITHOUT your prior approval? Why not give you the option on your policy renewal? I will be contacting my State Insurance Commissioners office this week!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2014

We are buying a new house and selling our current house. We contacted our insurance company to provide us with a binder for the new house. We were told that our homeowners insurgence policy is not renewing due to 3 claims filed within seven years. We have lived in our current house since 2008. Upon moving in hour roof produced a massive hole from the sheathing letting loose. I contacted my insurance company to get information about whether or not we should submit a claim. We were advised not to and my wife and I paid for the repairs on our own. 3 years after that my father robbed us of $10,000 of valued materials and priceless memories. We submitted a claim and was paid on it.

Later this year in July 2014 we called up about a water main leak due to the town having to break my water line to install drain pipes. We contacted our insurance company to find out if that was covered under the homeowners insurance. That said it wasn't because of X reason. So in the past 6 years I have only filed one homeowners insurance claim (isn't this what I am paying for, Protection?). I went down to the local office and stated this case and was told that my agent was not in town and will not be back till the following Monday. They would rather me take my business elsewhere than understand their policy is garbage and try to fix it to keep my business.

I feel totally helpless and unprotected. I used to pride myself on State Farm and talked Highly about them when I spoke to my friend and other people, letting them know that whenever I had a question or concern State Farm was there for me. They made me feel like they cared. I guess I was wrong!!!! It's too bad!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2014

We have been with State Farm for 35+ yrs. After filing 3 claims of wind & Hail damage in a 5 yr period, we received a cancellation notice. Two of the three acts of God claims were the indirect result of State Farm encouraging us to use a roofing company which State Farm had a special arrangement for shingle replacement charges. Problem is... later, we learned they installed defective shingles. The tar strips were polluted & did not stick resulting in winds causing shingles to flap up & down. Additionally, the roofer did not install the shingles correctly resulting in our complaint to State Farm which resulted in State Farm sending a special adjuster out from Wichita Kansas (200 miles from us) to inspect the roofer’s installation. This inspection resulted in State Farm ordering the roofer to return to correct problems.

The adjuster noted that the tar strips were indeed polluted & not sticking, but said until a bad storm blew them off, State Farm could not authorize their replacement. Later, during high winds the shingles which the tar strips had not stuck were flapping up & down. Some blew off. We did not learn that this co. installed Metric shingles until another roofing Co. inspected our roof for repair. The repair would have resulted in replacing shingles which were blown off. Inserting new shingles repairing what blew off would have cost under $500.00 to repair. This is our deductible. This would have cost us, not State Farm. EXCEPT ... that this State Farm roofer used Metric shingles which we were not told was being used & not commonly being used.

The new roofing Co. told us that he could not get metric shingles to do the repair. This meant that the entire South side of our roof had to be replaced instead of repaired which would have been less than our deductible. therefore, this repair would have cost us, not State Farm. The 2nd Act of God claim was due to the wind coming from a different direction, blowing shingles off of another part of our roof which was due to the polluted tar strips not sticking. I called our agent asking why our homeowner's was cancelled after three claims of an act of God weather damage when two of the claims were the indirect result of State Farm encouraging us to use their preferred roofer. Our agent claimed he did not know that his Co., State Farm, had cancelled us. Our agent said he would call the powers to be & get back with me.

Two days later our agent called. Our agent said State Farm would not make an exception. Our agent said State Farm would continue coverage on our cars & cycles. I responded, "you’re kidding. State Farm has cancelled our home owners which will place us @ a higher risk with another Co. This will result in a substantial higher premium." I added that it was State Farm that encouraged us to allow their preferred roofer to do the repair who used defective & Metric shingles. I asked, “since we have to find home owners elsewhere at a much higher rate, why would we leave our cars & cycles with State Farm?” Our agent did not respond. We have been told that calling the Kansas Insurance Commissioners office will do no good. They regulate insurance Co's but do not make any effort to protect insurers from Nefarious insurance Co.'s like State Farm. If anyone reading this knows of avenues we can pursue without the cost of an attorney, please E-Mail us.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2014

I commute to work via bicycle. Trying to get in better shape and save money for my upcoming baby. On September 24th, said bicycle was stolen, and it isn't a bike I can just run out to Target/Wal-Mart to replace. It is from a bike shop. My local bike shop quoted me $2499.99 + tax to replace it, including a city tax of 0.5%. State Farm is only willing to pay me for the state tax and not the city tax. Also, on Friday the 26th one of their reps told me that putting down a deposit on the replacement bicycle would release the rest of the funds they owe me.

I wish I had recorded the conversation since now they are saying they can only release the funds as I incur the expense. So, now I am going from a bike shop level bike to a Target level bike that my parents had sitting around because I will not be able to pay off a $2499.99 (-$500 deductible) in the two years they say I have to. It took me well over a day for a manager to contact me, who apologized for the fact that I was told incorrect information. However, she did not offer to honor the incorrect information.

In MN being told what I was over the phone constitutes a verbal contract which they have to honor. I was also promised that their "Executive Customer Support Team" would contact me yesterday (September 20th) then today (October 1st), and now I'm being told that the rep I was told to email from Facebook has no clue when or if they will contact me. I really feel like I am being forced to go from a Cadillac level bicycle to a Scion level bicycle due to how difficult this process, and that they don't care since my wife and I only have renter's insurance through them. I do know we will be cancelling it due to the way they have treated us.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2014

I'm writing this because I feel I have to. First off, I've never written a bad review online before. I just feel like people need to hear the truth on this one. I've had State Farm insurance since 1989 when I started driving. At that point, my parents were 30-year State Farm customers through an agent in NJ where I grew up (don't hold it against me please). I bought my first house in 1997 in PA, and my latest here in O'Fallon in 2007. Of course, I sought out and used State Farm for both locations.

I've recently been told that State Farm is dropping my homeowner’s coverage because of claim volume. My wife and I have had one paid claim 17 years of home ownership! We had our roof repaired 2 years ago from hail damage. On top of that, I have life, car, motorcycle, camper, and boat insurance all through State Farm. I've always paid my bills on time, even since I was 17 years old. I don't mean to 100% blame this on my agent's office, but Jay Maitland's office in O'Fallon, MO was unsuccessful at convincing State Farm keeping my homeowner policy. Additionally, we didn't feel like Jay's office cared and pushed for us. All communication had to come from us, not the other way around. We asked for an update by a specific day and had to call at 4:30 pm that day to hear anything. I don't know what customer profile State Farm is looking for but apparently I'm not it. All I can say is watch out, and have a back up plan as my wife and I are now scrambling for insurance.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2014

My Rental condominium has water damage caused by a leak from the unit upstairs (no fault of my own). Water flowed for 4 plus hours and rained down on my unit. The resident upstairs was not home, and there was no valve on the street to shut it off. I called State Farm to file a claim, and for help. They told me I have to contact the owner upstairs and get a plumber's report. I tried but so far, after one excuse or another by the flaky inhabitant upstairs, I have no plumber's report. State Farm is now stiff arming me. I think an insurance should cover me, and take care of the details by themselves. I'm covered for $75,000 in my contract, for damages and State Farm is waffling. Why doesn't State Farm take care of this? What action can you take?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2014

Had a claim for hail damage and as soon as they paid me they canceled my policy plus it took many phone calls to even find out I was canceled. The Agent never told me it took me calling his office to find out I had 0 insurance right now and had been canceled for some time. Wow, I cannot believe this agent then he lied to me as well said I had 0 deductibles and yet I had $500. To top this off, the inspector who inspected the damage actually damaged my roof as he was walking on it kicking the shingles. Why would he walk the whole roof, seemed like 20 times he was up there for 30 mins. My roof is 16 x 66 and of course they claim he never even went up there - just stood on a ladder to see damage. I should have video taped it.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2014

I was quoted a price for insurance on rental property. Four months later I get a call and they are adding additional cost which almost doubled the price I had no claims. It was like they gave me a cheaper quote to get my business and then changed the price thinking I was already with them and I won't move. Boy were they wrong.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2014

We had State Farm Insurance for 30 years. We had two claims in 2014 - one for a broken pipe in the basement caused by freezing and one for a roof leak caused by State Farm. We had several roofing professionals tell us we need a new roof because of wind and hail damage. State Farm refused to cover the new roof. Then it leaked, damaging our master bathroom. State Farm paid part of the claim. Both claims in 2014 totaled less than $10,000 then they cancelled our home insurance. They are a very unethical company. Run away fast.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2014

Dealing with this agency has been one of the worse experience I have ever encounter. I had homeowner insurance with another company but was searching for a better rate. Agent, Jose ** was totally clueless about their application procedure and stated I was approved for a better policy rate without underwriting approval. After I discontinue my previous insurance and Jose ** taking my money, one week later he calls and said underwriting deny the policy. I have not receive all of my initial money after two months, and Jim ** is (NEVER) in the office to resolve this issue. Since his manager Kenny ** have been giving me the runaround I’m in the process of filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2014

I had storm damage two months ago and am twisting arms at State Farm to get the work done. It took more than a month for the adjuster to come out and his quotes were so low I'm taking a ton of my time to find anyone who can meet them. They are very disconnected as a company and make it difficult to communicate and receive good service. I will drop them as soon as this terrible process is over. I am amazed that they have a decent reputation because when it comes to actually having a claim, their service is not good at all.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2014

Hello my name is Alex ** and I have insurance with State Farm for auto and home insurance. I live in the Detroit Michigan area (Royal Oak). We have had terrible flooding in our area from this natural disaster and I've had extreme amounts of damage including.... Loss of Furnace, hot water tank, washer, dryer, stove, refrigerator, dry wall, tile, loss of furniture and electronics. I am told that I will Receive ZERO coverage and no help from your company. I am a newly home owner of just over a year. When I signed up home owners insurance they signed me up over the phone I was not told about any sewage back up coverage. This is something that I would definitely would have wanted. I am a manager at a huge retail cooperation I know how important insurance is and I get it on all my products. Your company failed to inform me about this coverage and I am at a huge lost. I need someone in your company to step up and help me out in this situation. Please respond to me..

Original review: Aug. 12, 2014

I have owned my home since 1999 with one insurance claim for $11,000 in 2005 due to Katrina. The claim was paid by my former insurance company and not State Farm. Due to being forced into the state wind and hail pool for 2006 and my premium going from $879.00 per year to now almost $2,500 per year, I began shopping for coverage that included wind and hail. I ended up going to Nationwide, having to move my vehicle coverage from State Farm (coverage since 1976) due to the multiple coverage discounts. Huge mistake! My auto started out basically what I was paying with State Farm but the first 6 months renewal had an increase. One year into this policy my husband backed into someone in a parking lot. Since neither of us had ever experienced an accident or ticket we were very eased to give all our info to the other driver and get his car fixed.

Next renewal our coverage went from $185 per month to $275 per month. When I contacted Nationwide and find out that the claim was paid for $1400 I mailed them a check to cover the discount and moved my vehicles. Since a new accident was on record State Farm could not take us back. Our homeowners began at $1400 per year, after 3 years this had increased to almost $2000. I have now moved everything back to State Farm and with the exception of constant increases we have been satisfied. Our deductible now is to the point we must have a major loss for the insurance to cover anything. I have searched in MS to find a company that will give me decreasing coverage but have not found it. After demanding my deductible be raised to $10,000 if only major losses would be covered, State Farm agreed to lower my coverage to below my replacement value of my home.

Due to the housing market I can purchase an existing home in my area for about 25% of what it would cost to build new. The entire homeowners insurance market has become a rip off since if a claim is ever paid they want to re-coop the amount paid out in 1 year and then continue to collect the increase. We were hit with another 20% increase last year and am expecting another this year.... no claims due to hurricanes in this area in almost 10 years. My home will soon be paid for so I will take my chances and bank my premiums and become self insured. Persons in the coastal areas lost homes due to insurance increases making it impossible to pay for them.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2014

I've had homeowners, life, and auto with State Farm since the early '80s, including time on both the East coast and West coast. Had several car claims and on the homeowners, a fire claim and a water damage claim. All have been resolved quickly and efficiently. As others have noted, it probably makes a big difference to have an agent you like and trust, but claims have generally been dealt with by the adjusters, not the agents. I've had good experience all around.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2014

No letter will ever be able to convey the extreme disappoint, frustration and anger I feel after dealing with State Farm the last 8 months. For 10 years, I had Condo Homeowners policy with State Farm without a single claim. On December 23, 2013, my neighbor fell asleep while smoking a cigarette and burned his house to the ground. My condo was next door; we shared a wall. My home was damaged in the fire. Instead of getting answers and help, State Farm sent an inexperienced kid, Michael, to my home to do the adjustment. He spent most of the time talking with me about how he came from the Auto Claims division.

Michael is simply one of the most incompetent and inept individuals I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. He never completely answered my questions and seemed completely uninterested in doing any actual work. He did not provide me with the information that I needed to protect myself against my HOA and the Property Manager who hired his brother, an unlicensed contractor, to do the work on my house. Instead, he kept telling me to wait and see what the other insurance companies were going to do. He did not complete a single estimate for my claim.

Furthermore, he spent my entire claim on movers and dry cleaning. MOVERS AND DRY CLEANING. Had he told me that movers and cleaners would cost me $24,000; I would have done it myself. Not only that, but while I was staying at the Residence Inn Marriott in West Chester, the staff at the hotel complained to me numerous times to me about my rude and incompetent insurance adjuster. I found this rather embarrassing and I did not like having to apologize for his behavior (Feel free to call Brian, the hotel manager, for more information about that. I doubt you will but you should listen to what he has to say. He was quite displeased with Michael's attitude and seemingly inability to pay a hotel bill. 513 341 4040).

Remember, I didn't start this fire. I didn't ask for it. And I was lucky to have even survived. But for what? To be treated like a nuisance by my insurance company who did nothing to protect my interests. Since the fire, I have bought a new home. I now have my two homes and my two cars insured elsewhere. My family, including my parents who have been with State Farm since the 70s, are following suit. While I realize that this is certainly not going to put you out of business, I have made every effort to tell everyone I can about my story and how awful State Farm treated me. I have also made a point to use social media to my advantage in letting people know just how bad this situation is.

I wish I could say was, but because of Michael's lack of professionalism and ill advice, it is August and my home is still not rebuilt. I am still fighting to get what I am owed. I am still waiting for someone to help me. Sincerely, your disgruntled former customer

Original review: Aug. 7, 2014

I was hit by a hit and run driver. The damage to my car came to $1750.00. It took State Farm 2 weeks just to get an estimate. I waited another 2 weeks to get a claim paid. State Farm is way too slow. I have a friend who had a claim thru Progressive Auto Insurance. It took 2 days to get an estimate and a check for damages! You decide which company does a better job in claims and. Customer service. It's not State Farm. That is for sure.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2014

I just purchased a house approx 1 month ago. I shopped around for insurance and went with State Farm because my dad said they were a good company. Well I had tried them before but didn't have the best service. I figured I would give them a second chance. Needless to say, I should have stuck with my old insurance company because the same thing happened to me twice. Without any notice a month after I purchased my house, my homeowners premium shot up 541.00 a year. The same thing happened when I had auto insurance with them a couple years back.. Called my agent to get issue resolved and couldn't even get a call back from her. Imagine that!!! Cancelled my policy and will never use them again.. Very dissatisfied with them and I tell my story to anyone that will listen.. Horrible customer service!!!!!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2014

I'm a roofing contractor in Tuscola, IL. State Farm is the only insurance company that is not doing there insured any favors. I spend my day on the phone with storm team 92 to go over my customers claims on every State Farm roof that I bid. Customers that have received multiple bids and picked the roofing contractor to complete their project only to find that State Farm is going to pay thousands less than the bids. I was on one job that two roofing contractors bids were 9,600.00 & 9,700.00 and State Farm would only pay 8,100.00, nothing more. I could go on and on. Do yourself a favor, drop them if you have them or don't get them if you don't. State Farm is bad news.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2014

I have been with State Farm since 1990, insuring four different houses and numerous cars over the years. I had one claim on a home back in 1997 and it was settled quickly and sufficiently (a small kitchen fire) to cover my costs. No hassles. With cars, I have had two rear-end collisions (hit by someone else at fault). Both claims were handled quickly and I got my deductible back, too!

I have a great agent with competent office staff. They know me when I call. I think the key to success with any insurance company is to know your agent and be a responsible customer. I just renewed the home insurance after getting quotes elsewhere. They were both close in price and had less coverage. I am staying with State Farm.

Original review: July 30, 2014

My home was destroyed in the middle of the night by a fire which began in a neighbor's home. That was exactly 3-years ago and State Farm has challenged each and every part of my claim, which was covered under my policy. They make billions by nonpayment of thousands of average homeowners legitimate claims. I have had to notify the Dept. of Insurance & Banking in my state to get results, which helped, but it became so tiring, I gave up. Now I am taking my professional skills and making a documentary film on this company and its illegal and unreasonable practices. They still have not paid as per my policy so now I am seeking legal counsel. It is horrible to wake up to a fire and lose everything. It is even worse to fight for YEARS against those who are SUPPOSED to be there FOR YOU, for what you are rightfully owed on your policy. DISGUSTING!

Original review: July 26, 2014

Recently I found out I had a water damage in my rental townhouse on San Diego CA. I contacted SF immediately and they promptly sent out one of their preferred companies. The water damage was established and denied. The plumber stated the leak had been going on for several months and it was referred to as maintenance by homeowner, me. How can a homeowner maintain pipes? They are not visible. Hiding behind walls. So the claim was denied. I also have been with SF for over 35 years and I believe I have been treated unfairly. My son and I are canceling 4 SF policies. But I feel there should be a class action suit against State Farm. There must be a Lawyer out there to take on State Farm. Thank you.

Original review: July 18, 2014

I have had homeowner's insurance with State Farm for almost 40 years. My deductible has always been $1,000. Without personal notification by my agent, my deductible was increased by over 800%, to 1% of policy amount. The only way I found out was when I recently looked up my policy online. When I asked my agent about this, he told me that State Farm had - across the board - changed this on all of their policies. I told him I thought I should have been notified by him; he told me it would have been on my declarations page and I should have seen it there. I have also had issues with my personal articles policy and automobile policy. In my opinion, an increase of over 800% in a deductible amount is worthy of a personal telephone call or, at the very least, a letter from my local agent. It is also worth noting that the premium certainly did not decrease one dime with an 800% increase in deductible amount.

Original review: July 13, 2014

My daughter lives Indianapolis Indiana, a few weeks ago her neighborhood was hit by a tornado. Damage to the neighborhood was bad, luckily her house only had roof damage mainly shingles. She had a very experienced contractor come & look at it. He gave her an estimate, 2 days later the adjuster came out. Didn't go up on the roof yet told my daughter, only the back needed new roofing, that the front was fine. The contractor and her father didn't agree, ask that the adjuster to meet with him & plan to get up on the roof. They did she and another adjuster from State Farm were up there marking X's on the front of the roof.

Claimed it wasn't hail damage but that when the house was built 14 yrs ago it was damage from then, the contractor has had many problems with State Farm on other jobs. The adjuster called my daughter to tell her they will only pay to patch the front & re roof the back side. My daughter is a single mother, she doesn't make a tremendous amount of money, her deductible is $1000.00. State Farm is only going to give her $2000.00 rate. Farm didn't ask my daughter if that was good, just said they would send a check. This is so stupid, something needs to be done but we aren't sure what to do.

Original review: July 10, 2014

We had a wind storm come through and blew our neighbors tree onto our house. I do understand that if the tree is in good shape and is blown down that it is the responsibility of the person who’s house that it fell on. (I think this is a bunch of bull, but that’s the ruling of the INSURANCE COMPANIES.) Anyway, it does state that if you can prove that the tree should have been cut down because of being in bad condition (rotten) that it would fall on the home owner of the tree. NOT SO WITH STATE FARM. We have pictures of the tree after it fell showing the rotten trunk and rotten inside the limbs, the stump is still in the ground and you plainly see the decay.

Our insurance adjuster told us that we should have sent our neighbor a letter before it fell and told them to cut it down then it would fall on the neighbors insurance. Oh by the way, we both had STATE FARM INSURANCE. Ok so if this is true about the letter I guess I should write letters to everyone who has a car on the road with bad tires or bad brakes and other defects just in case they run into me. STATE FARM OUT TO MAKE MONEY which is fine, but CLEARLY THAT’S ALL THEY ARE THERE FOR. IF I COULD GIVE LESS THAN 1 STAR FOR A REVIEW I WOULD. Take my word for it, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. You may not have bad dealings with them yet but you will. We had them for almost 20 years, and this is our first claim.

Original review: July 1, 2014

Had a savings about $500 a year. Excellent customer service! If you think you can give me a better savings and service, call **. I don't think you can beat them!

Original review: June 30, 2014

I have had insurance on my home and cars with State Farm for over 40 years. We had a plumbing leak in the wall. Didn't know it was there but discovered it after a water regulator valve which is located in our crawlspace broke. I got my policy out so I could call and file a claim. To my surprise I found where my deductible was changed from $500 to 1/2%. I called agent to ask about this and was told that it had been in effect for 10 years. I don't think so. I think they should have sent letters out to homeowners notifying them. Needless to say I'm wondering if they will pay out on claim. I've been told State Farm is the worse to deal with in paying out on claims.

Original review: June 6, 2014

My family was looking for a new insurance company after 15 years with our previous one. My father had his insurance with State Farm in his other house and cars so he talked to his agent. They said they would insure our house, no problem. They came out for the inspection and I did not see anything bad coming from it, until the agent pulled up. His face was grimaced as he walked up after the two hour drive to get to our home. And then he says, "He had hoped our house would look differently than all the other houses on his drive". This comment shocked me so much since we live in a farming community with many centennial homes. He then proceeded to say that State Farm was really picky and there was no way they would approve insurance on our house or any in our neighborhood. He pretended to do an inspection around the house. I watched from the window as he walked around and took no pictures but pushed a rotary measuring tape but made no notations.

He came back up and told me flat out that State Farm would never consider insuring us and he would give us other option when he got back to the office. Which surprise, surprise he never did contact us. I was so insulted at his lack of professionalism as well as representing a company in that way, that we have spread the word.

Original review: May 21, 2014

We've only filed 2 claims with State Farm. Once when the plumbing was leaking under the slab. The plumbers had to tear the wall out to fix. They paid for the utility room to be fixed. Less than $2,000.00 Then our Sears mower caught fire and burned up. They paid $1500.00 for that. Now they've raised out homeowner's premium to double amount we used to pay. We had a Scott's riding mower stolen from our residence and did not file a claim. We didn't know that it was covered by our homeowner's policy. It's disturbing when you go to file a claim and State Farm tells you your insurance rate will go up for filing a claim. What about all the years you paid and had no claims. Then they love you as a customer to take your money. The message they send to you is just don't file a claim and they're happy!! Sucks.

Original review: April 29, 2014

I will be writing a letter soon. I have 3 cars and one homeowners with State Farm. I will dropped every one of them if State Farm continues to sponsor the team under the same owner who made racist remarks.

State Farm Homeowners Insurance Company Information