2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

3.9/5 (1446 ratings)
Compare Quotes on Quotewizard

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

About State Farm Auto Insurance

State Farm is well known for its auto and homeowners insurances. When you request an auto coverage quote, State Farm suggests one of its three levels of protection. You can also select add-ons and see if you qualify for discounts. The company has a large network of local agents to assist with policy management.

Pros

• Intuitive website and mobile app
  • Multipolicy discounts
  • Many local agents

Cons

• Not the cheapest option
  • Quotes require personal info

Bottom Line

State Farm is an insurance provider with nearly a century of experience. Its car insurance rates are fairly standard, but you can apply for discounts or bundle policies to save money. It has more than 19,000 local agents nationwide.

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

State Farm Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about State Farm Auto Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about State Farm Auto Insurance?

Page 69 Reviews 1980 - 2010
Original review: Nov. 26, 2015

Have always used State Farm insurance. Have always been treated fairly and in a timely manner. My agent, JB Darnell is always available. JB searches for the best deals for me. My family consists of 5 siblings, their spouses and their children. All of us use State Farm insurance, and wouldn't consider any other company.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2015

State Farm has been a great choice in insurance for my family. We have a good level of coverage at a decent price. Our agent is willing to explain things to us when they don't make sense and doesn't seem to push us into adding coverage if we don't feel it is necessary.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

Whenever I had a claim they were right on it, and fair with the repairs. I've had a few claims and a medical claim. They were concerned if I was ok and if I was satisfied with the work that was done on my car. They also paid for a rental for me.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

I want never recommend State Farm Insurance company to no one, bad service, poor company. They just want you to pay for insurance but when it's time for them to pay they don't want to. They give you the runaround and you speak to 50 different people getting all the wrong information. They try to get over on people, don't want to pay you put the car is worth or what you people in the car. Bad business. Watch out for them, I'm tell you will regret it.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

I have had good experiences with them and good coverage when I needed to file a claim. The reason I would not give them five stars is because I did not find that they were proactive in contacting me to review my policies. I trust my insurance company to know what coverage is best for me but also recognize that life changes will impact my coverage. I think State Farm needed to contact me periodically to see if my coverage needed to be changed.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

All is good and no issues. Have been with State Farm for more than 10 years and never had an issue or reason to change companies. They respond to any and all questions asked in a timely manner. They are professional and experts in the insurance field and their rates are good.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

I had Allstate 6 months ago... Insurance went up over 300 hundred dollars when renewal came along. Took 4 phone calls within 3 weeks to finally speak to someone. Every time I called I was told someone would get back to me. Well finally they called back... Couldn't even get a straight answer out of them. They lied right to my face, saying I was being charged for I had a German Shep at the time... Then they said no I wasn't being charged extra for the dog. Got so fed up with them so quit them. Now have State Farm and so far all is good... They are friendly and take the time to talk with you.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

A State Farm policyholder got in his parked vehicle, started his engine, and proceeded to pull out without looking. He hit my daughter's vehicle causing $1,180.00 in damage. At the accident scene, State Farm's client told the police officer that when he put his car in drive, he looked in his rear view mirror, did not look to his left but proceeded to pull out from his parked position from the side of the road. This resulted in his vehicle hitting my daughter's vehicle which also had a 5 year old child riding in the back seat at the time. The police report states, State Farm's client hit my daughter's vehicle when he pulled out from his parked position. HOWEVER, STATE FARM'S CLAIM TEAM MEMBER, MILTON **, MADE A DECISION THAT FAULT SHOULD BE SHARED. Their motto states, not only do we do what is legal, but we also do what is right. I say their motto is, they do what is right for their client and what helps their bottom line.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

I have had the same insurance agent for 30 years; I have always been happy with the service. He has always steered us in the right direction when it came to rates and coverage. I have been very satisfied with the rates. State Farm has always done us right!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

I added a new car to my policy and took off an old car on Nov. 6. I also paid my premium the same day. 2 week later the same premium I paid November 6, was drafted from my account "unauthorized." My auto draft was cxl back in October. The payment was the premium for the old car that was taking off. 2 Days till Thanksgiving I have no money and they're telling me a refund was put through for the funds to go back into my account. Tomorrow's Thanksgiving. My money is not in my account & now I'm hearing it has to be reviewed & will take about 5 days. Thank you Elitha **, State Farm. Thanksgiving for my family has been ruined.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

Have not had a problem and have a good agent. We have never filed a claim yet. I don't know anything else I can say. They are close to our home and can visit any time we need to. What else can I say? We always pay our bills on time.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

State Farm is great! They are extremely helpful and are always there when you need them. Also, they offer competitive prices. We actually switched from Geico to them because they were more pleasing overall.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

I have been with State Farm for over 30 years. Their rates have been good and the only claim experience I have had was for a towing bill (non-accident related). They reimbursed me the same day at their office. Can't get any better service than that.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

Never had a problem. They are courteous and fast. They give timely responses to all questions and are friendly. They are located close to where I live and are always available when needed.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

This company is customer oriented and quick to respond to our needs. They provide insurance for home and car and this is very convenient for us. I would definitely recommend this company to everyone.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

They are the only insurance company I have ever had. I have had them for over 45 years and never had any problems with them. I would highly recommend them to anyone. I have only had a few claims over the years with house and cars and they were handled very quickly and fairly.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

My experience has been fantastic. When I had to change my insurance because I moved to a new state and purchased a new car, my insurance company was incredibly helpful. My financial intelligence is not the greatest, but they explained it in a way I could understand.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

Local agent made it easy to switch & great rates & customer service. Looks out for my best interest by not selling me more than I need & making recommendations based on my needs & affordability.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

State Farm has always treated me well. They have not raised my rates. I pay my auto insurance twice a year. They always bill me in a timely manner and give me enough time to pay my bill. I have good coverage and am pleased with the insurance. My agent keeps in touch and reviews my coverage often to make sure I have the proper coverage. I feel my rates are lower than some other insurance companies.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

The only complaint I have is the universal life policy I bought was not explained well and/or misrepresented at the time of purchase. I am no longer with that agent. Good stuff. When the kids were old enough to drive 1 call got them covered instantly.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2015

I thought I had a reputable insurance company for my new car. I was completely wrong! This company is full of sarcastic young individuals who do not explain policies correctly, are misleading, are rude and sarcastic! Do yourself a favor and go with someone else! This company is no longer a quality insurance company!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2015

I have been a customer with State Farm for over 18 years, I found them to be very helpful with any issues I may have (adding another person to my policy, helping to reduce the amount of my premiums). I also had one claim with them my 2nd year that I was a State Farm member when my car was stolen over a Labor Day Weekend. I thought for sure I would not hear anything until the holiday was over, but they called me back within the hour! I had a check within a week when it was determined that my car had been indeed stolen and I was able to find a new one. This meant a great deal to me as my mother was in the hospital and we needed a car to go visit her.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2015

Switched from Nationwide Insurance to State Farm Insurance about a month ago due to needing a better quote. Was really impressed with how quickly State Farm returned my call regarding my quote. Plus they offered me the lowest deductibles at the best prices. So naturally I chose to go with State Farm. Head to the office to fill out paperwork & upon arrival I asked my new agent what all I needed to do. My new agent said, Nothing, we have already taken care of everything for you from information provided to use over the phone" & handed me my declaration paperwork & proof of insurance. Boy was I impressed & would highly recommend them to anyone I know.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2015

Not much to explain - I paid my arm and a leg and since I had no claims, I got nothing out of it, expect empty pockets. I get mighty fed up with spending an arm and a leg on something that is legally required of me, but I don't make enough to afford to have it in the first place, and I'm a careful driver, so my pockets are always empty and I can't get ahead, much less afford a waste of money like insurance.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2015

I had an accident not too long after I got my insurance where my car got totaled by truck who ran a stop sign. My agent was thoughtful and very helpful and always nice. I went into the office several times regarding my accident and always was treated as though I and my problems really mattered. The experience was made less awful because of their assistance.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2015

I would recommend State Farm to anybody. I've had great experience with them. I also have my homeowners with them and I get a great deal with all of it bundle. They are close to my house. Tim is my local agent. We have auto pay set up which makes it easy, have never steered me wrong. Thinking about add some life insurance now. I'm not getting any younger.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2015

I have been a customer of State Farm for many years, and my parents before that, and they have always proven themselves to be a most reliable company. My mother's was rear-ended by another car years ago and State Farm gave her a very generous settlement. They have always been very easy to work with and I have never heard or experienced anything bad about them.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2015

Insurance agent is a family friend, always helpful and willing to help out. Premiums are a little high but I don't want to do the work to research other insurance agencies. Pay every 6 months and that is super easy, pay over the phone with a credit card. Always available to answer questions on policy. I have two accidents on my record and they always work with me to find the most discounts. Have been with them since I started driving.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2015

State Farm is a very good insurance company. They work fast if you're in an accident that's not your fault at all, and fully the other driver's fault, handling car rental and getting your car fixed. As well as compensation for any injuries sustained due to the accident. Their agents are friendly too. At least over the phone. State Farm's prices aren't half bad either. They are worth it for when these things happen, which they do. Unfortunately. Because other drivers can be unfit to drive and swerve and hit you. So being a good driver yourself isn't enough. So that's why it's good to have State Farm.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2015

Great insurance company, great customer service, great claims service. Quick settlement on claims, tries to get all discounts available. Great agent, great workers that help you solve all of your insurance needs.

State Farm Auto Insurance Company Information