2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

3.9/5 (1445 ratings)
Compare Quotes on Quotewizard

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

About State Farm Auto Insurance

State Farm is well known for its auto and homeowners insurances. When you request an auto coverage quote, State Farm suggests one of its three levels of protection. You can also select add-ons and see if you qualify for discounts. The company has a large network of local agents to assist with policy management.

Pros

• Intuitive website and mobile app
  • Multipolicy discounts
  • Many local agents

Cons

• Not the cheapest option
  • Quotes require personal info

Bottom Line

State Farm is an insurance provider with nearly a century of experience. Its car insurance rates are fairly standard, but you can apply for discounts or bundle policies to save money. It has more than 19,000 local agents nationwide.

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

State Farm Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about State Farm Auto Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about State Farm Auto Insurance?

Page 68 Reviews 1950 - 1980
Original review: Nov. 28, 2015

I was rear ended. The customer service is awful. They first will leave you on hold for at least 30 minutes then will lie to you. I was lied to by four different agents. The problem - we both had State Farm Insurance. They did not tell us nor did they offer to take our car to a collision center. After 4 days my husband finally told them we were going to rent the most expensive car we could and they would have to reimburse us. That finally got them moving. Car rental finally provided. Then the LIE - I was told that they had been trying to get a hold of the owner of the insurance who had hit me. Really I knew the lady and called her right up and she told me not one phone call from State Farm. Oops State Farm didn't know I knew her.

2nd I finally contacted the collision repair place. They were an approved State Farm repair company. Ok I thought here we go, finally some service. I will give W.K. Chevrolet of Sedalia, MO a great review. They have great customer service and had my vehicle looked at within 2 day. LIE #2 State Farm tried to tell me that they had not received all the paperwork from W.K. Uhm I work right across the street from them so it wasn't hard to find out the truth that W.K. had sent all of the information. State Farm was just delaying the inevitable.

Well 15 days later we are finally receiving our check. LIE #3 They supposedly overnighted Thursday. Overnight usually means the next day. Which by the way I had gotten their overnight power of attorney the next day. So I call Friday "Where is my check?" They then blamed it on UPS that they hadn't had the package long enough to have a tracking number. REALLY. So anyway don't believe anything they tell you if you are ever in an accident with another person who has State Farm Insurance.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

The local agents go the extra mile to get the best rates and coverage possible. They are always available to answer any questions or concerns you may have. I shopped around and did not get the appreciated service that I got when I contacted State Farm. They literally talked to me until they found the perfect coverage to meet my budget and my needs. What is so great about State Farm is that they are there for you 24/7. You do not have to communicate with a voice robot. You actually speak to a real live person. They genuinely appreciate your business and treat you like a human, not a number.

I cannot say enough good things about the service. It is so sad that all insurance companies do not treat people like State Farm. I am sure there are other great companies out there. I am not bad mouthing all companies. When you do not have to deal with an automated robot, it sure is nice. It makes you feel like your money is well spent. Too much automation makes for bad business. I am satisfied with State Farm.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

I am getting a little break because I bundle it with my Renter's insurance. I still think I am paying too much, but after shopping around I found out that I would save less than $3 a month if I switched.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

Great service with a very knowledgeable agent who really knows insurance. I have never filed a claim but have heard that State Farm is very fair and responsive. I look forward to many more years of coverage with them.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

Never had a problem with State Farm. They are always quick to get back to us if we have any questions or concerns regarding any of our policies that we hold with them. I would most definitely recommend this company to my family and friends.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

My agent was always helpful. The one time I had a claim they bent over backwards to help. The agent was like family. I have always trusted this insurance company and its agents.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

For 27 years State Farm has been my auto insurance company. I honestly recommend them, as they have always given me a sense of confidence and no feelings of worry. I have not had any auto accidents while with State Farm, although I know they would have walked me through the entire process if I had.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

I have had no problems with my insurance company in any time I have had to contact them. Since they are very close I have been able to make changes to my address in person. Everyone there seems to be very accommodating and will answer any questions that I might have.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

State Farm is very helpful and quick at settling claims. Whenever we submitted a claim we got our check within a few day. I would recommend State Farm to anyone looking for a company who treats you fairly.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

They are very Helpful. Not a lot of employees and not a high turnover rate so the same people every time I call, they have a Monday-Fri response time, they know me when I call up especially when I tell them my name. They sit down and explain things to me. And find the right policy for me. Not just to add on more money for them.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

I have used State Farm for over 45 years. I like having a local agent. They are always polite and seem interested in your needs. As our needs have changed we have added on new policies for more coverage.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

They have no problems paying claims. Have great options for easy monthly payments. And are convenient in the sense of many offices. I got into a wreck and my insurance didn't go up a cent. The have accident forgiveness protection.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

Had a claim and good experience. The deductible and claim experience was good. No problems with the agent, claim process, or service work. I would highly recommend State Farm and my agent for the service I have received.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

I have had State Farm auto insurance for several years. Within the last couple years I added Home Insurance with them. I have a local agent who I can talk to at anytime for help or advice or questions.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

Claims are fast, prices may be a bit high. One claim in 8 years with company and still only seen about a 15 percent decrease in rates with no ticket violations. It is a must to get 0 deductible plan as windshields are not covered with deductible plans.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

I have been with State Farm Insurance for 40 some years. I have often research for better and prices on auto insurance but keep going back to State Farm. Over the years we have had several claims with our auto Insurance and we have always been very satisfied with the quick and great outcome from them. They have always been friendly and very helpful when we needed them. I consider State Farm Insurance as part of my family. They not only insure my cars but also my Home. Thank You for a Good Job. I can say that I have full trust in this company.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

I am just like anyone else that drives in the USA and I know that my insurance company always has my back. I have had several accidents in the past five years and each incident was handled professionally and thoroughly. I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2015

I have has State Farm for over 20 years. They are a great company to do business with. Our agent Kathy is wonderful. She calls to see if you need anything or if you need to up your insurance. I couldn't ask for a better company.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2015

I've had State Farm for a little over a year now. I called them go get a quote on renters insurance when we first moved into our apartment. While doing so, he pulled my auto insurance and quoted me full coverage cost that was almost cheaper than the liability I had with my other insurance. Have been helpful ever since.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2015

State Farm is a nice insurance company. It's one of several I'd recommend (Progressive sounds the best). State Farm is the insurance company my family chose. I had a car accident a couple of years ago. Luckily no one was injured and no one died. We called State Farm, and State Farm paid the insurance within a week, and they didn't raise our rates (we were declared to not be at fault as it was a side-on collision). In summary, State Farm is a great insurance company!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2015

Great service and customer care. A bit pricey though.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2015

State Farm had very reliable service along with low costs. My sister had worked there (now retired), and even the co-workers in the building get along very nicely with each other. The employees are very friendly and knowledgeable, so getting your needs met is no problem with State Farm.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2015

I've been very pleased with the service State Farm offers. When I have been involved in an accident, they are quick to investigate, start and settle the claim. They offer flexibility of rental car companies during the repair and authorize manufacturer suggested repair companies, which is very helpful!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2015

Rates are fairly reasonable but have not had to file a claim with them as yet. I cannot provide any information as to how well they respond to or handle claim issues. I have family that has dealt with them and they recommended.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2015

They paid to have my windshield replaced after being struck by a rock. No questions ask. Very easy to deal with. Called customer service and they took care of it from there. They contacted the glass repair service and then they contacted me. They showed up on time and replaced the windshield. After that the inside mirror cover came loose and I contacted the glass company and they came back to my house and replaced the windshield again, no question asked.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2015

State Farm has been easy to access from any area, which is why we really appreciate them. Their agents are very helpful and willing to work with us in any given situation. Their prices are good, and their coverage is very easy to tailor.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2015

Our State Farm agent is very thorough and I love that he explains our policy or changes made in words I actually understand. It's also helpful that he is bilingual so my mother understands what she is paying for.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2015

When I was 21 I was spending the night out of town. The next morning I woke up, and my car had been stolen. I called my insurance rep at State Farm, and he came all the way to where I was to assist me with the police report. They even provided me with a rental car until they found my car!!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2015

They are very easy to deal with. Simple to get on the phone, get answers, and they work very quick on claims too. No hassle, and very helpful along the way. They even make recommendations.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2015

We have been with this company for 15 years and they consistently offer the most competitive rate for our needs. They are easy to deal with and minimize the hassle involved in submitting a claim. We intend to stay with State Farm.

State Farm Auto Insurance Company Information