Find a Car Insurance partner

Help me decide
  2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Find a Car Insurance partner

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

About SmartFinancial

SmartFinancial is an insurance comparison website. The company’s search engine lets you look for just about any coverage you might need, including home insurance, auto insurance, life insurance, health insurance, Medicare Supplement Insurance, rental insurance and commercial insurance.

Pros

• Educational resources
  • Free to use
  • Quick and streamlined process

Cons

• Requires working with other providers
  • Does not sell policies directly

Bottom Line

SmartFinancial is a search engine for insurance rates. It can find and compare the best prices for your needs in any state. It covers a variety of insurance types, including home, auto, medical and life insurance.

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

What is SmartFinancial?

SmartFinancial aims to streamline and simplify the process of purchasing insurance policies. The website acts as an insurance search engine, gathering quotes from several insurance providers to compare. All you have to do is answer a few questions on a straightforward application, and SmartFinancial finds you the information that you need.

If you'd rather talk to a person in real time about your options, the company has a team of trained Insurance concierges to help you over the phone. This service is a bonus you don't often see with digitally focused businesses, and the added personalization makes SmartFinancial a viable choice for a wider variety of people.

Once you've found a policy you like, you can buy online, over the phone or in person through the insurance provider.

The website offers educational resources for anyone who wants to learn more about insurance. Topics include finding affordable auto insurance, selecting health plans and choosing insurance for new business owners. These articles can help you tackle tough issues, such as what to do if you can't afford your month's rent or how to determine whether your life insurance covers COVID-19.

How does SmartFinancial work?

SmartFinancial helps you find the insurance provider that best suits your needs. You start the application process by answering some questions, which establishes the type of insurance you need.

The website then searches through more than 200 insurance companies to deliver real-time options that match your ideal coverage. It also searches for available discounts. The entire process can take as few as three minutes.

SmartFinancial is not an insurance underwriter and doesn't allow you to apply directly from its website. Instead, it connects you to insurance companies that match your needs. It links you to each company's website so you can connect with an agent to complete the process.

Overall, SmartFinancial is a great starting point to find the best insurance policy for you because it takes all the legwork out of searching for rates.

SmartFinancial insurance costs

SmartFinancial’s search engine is free to use. The company partners with many insurance providers, including Liberty Mutual, Nationwide and Blue Cross Blue Shield. This partnership is how SmartFinancial makes money. The company earns money for every lead it generates for an insurance provider. All educational articles are free for anyone to access.

SmartFinancial FAQ

Does SmartFinancial use Zelle?
SmartFinancial does not use Zelle. Since the company is not an insurance provider and is free to use, there is no payment of any kind involved with SmartFinancial.
Where is SmartFinancial available?
SmartFinancial is available across the United States. It offers insurance quotes for all 50 states and Washington, D.C.
What types of insurance does SmartFinancial offer?
SmartFinancial itself does not offer insurance. Instead, it helps you search for insurance providers that fit your needs. SmartFinancial can search for several types of insurance. This includes auto, home, life, health and rental insurance.
Is SmartFinancial safe?
SmartFinancial is safe to use. Its website promises that your information is safe and secure.

Is SmartFinancial legit?

SmartFinancial is a legitimate website that offers those looking for insurance a streamlined way to search for quotes. Its partners include several major insurance corporations, so you can be assured of quality coverage. SmartFinancial saves you many hours of researching on your own, and we recommend it to anyone searching for quality coverage.

SmartFinancial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SmartFinancial?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SmartFinancial?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

The leads I received from SmartFinancial were terrible. I spent $500 of my retirement money for leads that were supposed to be exclusive life insurance leads. What I got was not fresh or exclusive. I talked to a few people and never gave an insurance quote. Some of the leads I received had wrong contact information or a different party all together. Other leads said they had bought life insurance elsewhere and were tired of being bothered by agents contacting them. The refund policy of the company also failed miserably to meet my expectations. The single star that they earned was due to the professionalism and friendliness of their staff. I feel I was deceived by this lead source and have walked away without one sale for the money and valuable time invested.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

Insurance agents beware. I have spent over $3000 only to receive poor, non-verified leads. I had WEEKLY phone calls with my account rep, and NOTHING was ever done. The lead quality finally got so bad that I asked for a refund and was told no. DO NOT, repeat DO NOT give these people your money for leads, you will be wasting money and time.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 26, 2021

This company is the worse, after expending $500 and hoping to get decent leads they sent me lead out of my filters and even a leads from St Thomas US Virgin Island with the island phone number. l switch to their other service; they transfer live leads that is supposedly better but it was even worse, they transfer leads of 87, 85, 89, 82 84 years old prospect and my age filter was 70. l ask for my account to be close and full refund and the refused. My account manager Ryan ** was giving me the way around and he put me in contact with his boss Robert who refused to refund my money. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU HAVE A LOT OF MONEY AND YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT LOSING.

Original review: March 9, 2021

The warm transfers are total crap. Even if you actually have someone who transfers they almost always have no clue why they were transferred to you. Very poor transfer reception meaning it is very hard to even hear the potential customer. Their returns policy is a load of **. I can promise you that no matter what the reason for the return YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REFUND. Farmers agents beware once you sign up there is no way to keep them from pulling money out of folio. Please look elsewhere and remember I warned you. I have spent over $3,000 and have not been able to even close one policy. And with all other lead companies I use I have 7 to 12 % close rate.

SmartFinancial Company Information