Prudential Life Insurance

Prudential Life Insurance Reviews

Stars Rating

• 100%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prudential?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prudential?

Reviewed May 24, 2024

Absolutely horrible to deal with. For starters they are stuck in 1984 not 2024. Almost every form must be completed by hand instead of having online forms. I’m now on my 5th packet of forms. Most of the forms are 6-12 pages long. Once they have been filled out by hand.

Reviewed April 15, 2024

Prudential will do anything possible to avoid paying on a death benefit claim. On Feb. 26th, I contacted Prudential by phone about a life insurance claim. The representative asked many questions and told me that my money would be deposited in my bank account within 10 - 15 business days. No need to file paperwork or provide a death certificate. (I did questioned that.) Too good to be true! Indeed it was... The following week I received the paperwork, filled out the forms, provided documents, and sent it certified mail. It was received on March 21st. Today, I made call #4 to check on the status of this claim (50 mins 31 secs). The following is a synopsis of all calls and includes excuses/reasons for non payment:

- "We are waiting for the funeral bill/agreement" (I included it with the original paperwork because it was specifically requested. Why do you need this? I paid the funeral expenses.)
    - "We are waiting for the funeral bill." (Why? I already told you, I paid it!)
    - "We can't do the bank transfer because you have a joint bank account, and you are the sole beneficiary." (Odd. My joint account accepts other checks that are payable only to me. Just deposit it. My bank will accept it.)
    - "We have to call the funeral home to verify that they were paid because they sent us a bill." (NO, THEY did not send you a bill. I DID! Your form requested funeral agreements/bills. You must know that it came out of the same "certified mail" envelope.)
    - "We are waiting for confirmation that the funeral bill was paid." (I'll wait. Call them now.)

- "We're waiting for documentation that the funeral bill was paid." (What documentation? I provided the documents. Why are you so concerned about the funeral home? You have no obligation to them. Your contract was with the decedent, and I, as beneficiary, should be your first priority.)

Today is the last time I will contact Prudential. I informed the representative that I will be checking my bank records for a deposit in four days, and finding none will contact my attorney to act on my behalf. So glad that I do not have any policies with Prudential.

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed April 10, 2024

THINK TWICE BEFORE DOING BUSINESS WITH PRUDENTIAL: I was contacted by an agent as my term policy was getting ready to expire. We converted this policy over to a permanent one and I paid the premium in full for the year. Payment was processed on 3/26/24. On 4/5/2024 Prudential processed a second withdrawal additional yearly premium directly from my account that was not authorized. When I called the agent, she had no idea why this additional payment was taken. It couldn’t be applied to the following year and they were not allowed to issue a refund until 4/11/2024.

Agent failed to update me the following business day, I’ve had to make several calls to get this issue resolved and I’m still waiting. I was also in the process of setting up a policy for my son and have now decided to cancel all transactions/policies going forward. An error of this magnitude should’ve NEVER HAPPENED. You would think it would’ve been a priority to get this corrected & handled, instead all I have gotten was an apology and blame-shifting.Their standard business practices are deceptive and unethical. I suggest doing business with their biggest competitor!

Reviewed April 9, 2024

Have been working on a claim since January!! Talked to 6 different people in customer service and get told a different thing each time. They do not know what is going on with their own claims. Sent in same paperwork 4 times even though I was told they had received it from the one before. Should not have to fight with a company to get your life insurance policy paid out. Very poor customer service!!

CoverageStaff

Reviewed Feb. 21, 2024

After being upgraded to unemployability by the Veterans Administration they sent me paperwork to apply for Life Insurance through OSGLI. Had VA Physician fill out paperwork on two separate occasions and they lost my paperwork twice. This was mailed by the Veterans Administration to the Prudential OSGLI Office by registered mail and yet they state they did not receive the paperwork. Asked them if I could resubmit and they stated no, that I had passed the date in which to apply, so now I cannot get their life insurance. Incompetence is too nice of a word for what they have done to a disabled veteran.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 29, 2023

I bought a life Insurance policy from this company at 68 years old. Policy Premium is 25k at ninety one dollars a month or two hundred sixteen quarterly. Now it's over three hundred close to four hundred quarterly. They tell me it's because of stock market. Customer service doesn't know how it's gotten to be because of stock market or why my premium price change. The agent never heard about this before. Prudential Life is a RIP Off to put it mildly.

Reviewed Dec. 11, 2023

Perhaps the worst customer service experience I have had trying to claim beneficiary on a life insurance policy. At this point we have received FOUR conflicting instructions on how to proceed and what documents are needed. The service reps are not knowledgeable and have mostly poor communication skills. The wait/hold times are totally unacceptable and have experienced dropped calls several times. The overall experience has been extremely unprofessional and inaccurate. From a company this size it is unbelievable that the service can be this bad. Regulatory institutions should be reviewing this company and their negative reviews. Will never recommend or do business with Prudential.

Customer ServiceStaffProcess

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2023

This process has been an absolute nightmare and has been reported to our state insurance office. We contacted Prudential on 9/12/2023 to let them know my Mom had passed. On 9/19 we sent over and they received the claim form they stated they needed and the death certificate. I was then told it would process in 30 business days. I was also told the policy was for 15K. I started calling again the week of 10/19 to receive updates and every time I call I get a different answer.

When I called on 10/20 I was told the check would be received in 7-10 business days. When I called on 10/30 I was told that is not the case and they need to speak to my brother and sister (first time I am hearing this information). When my sister called they said she was all set but now the policy is for 26K? Then my brother called and spoke with someone else and they said he was all set but now they also said Mom had a 30K accidental death policy we were owed. I called back to ask why everyone is getting different information and was told "I don't know" AND now they need forms from my me and my brother.

My form was esigned on 10/30 and the other form was emailed on 11/1. I called on 11/1 and was told they have everything they need and it would be 3-5 business days and the check would be overnighted and she would call me back (she didn't). I called this morning, 11/2, was told THEY DON"T HAVE THE NEW FORMS ON FILE and nothing is being processed yet. I am supposed to get a call from the case manager's supervisor at 12PM EST today but who knows. Also, they are not located in the US so there is definitely a language barrier. I am hoping the supervisor is someone in the US.

Every time I call I get different information from different people. No one can really tell me what is going on and I have never received any written documentation about anything, which is probably on purpose from their end. Not only has their behavior been abhorrent, they should be held to a higher standard as they are speaking with and "helping" people during some of the worst times of their lives. RUN from this company.

Reviewed Oct. 31, 2023

My husband and I both had requests processed on our accounts on the same day. I received my information as promised in 5-7 business days. We are at the 25 day mark and 4 phone calls later to be told that it may take an additional 5-7 business days to re-do the original request. Therefore we will be at the 1 month mark to complete what was promised to be corrected in an overnight transaction. We waited on hold for over 25 minutes each time to speak to an agent only to get put on hold again because no one knew what to do to correct the problem. Absolutely ridiculous.

Reviewed Sept. 20, 2023

Poor customer service. Failed to follow up after speaking to one of their representatives who informed me that that they were waiting to receive some information. Never heard back anything at anytime.

Prudential author review by Ashley Eneriz

Prudential is a financial services conglomerate that first started operations in 1875. Headquartered in Newark, New Jersey, Prudential is and is a Fortune 500 company offering life insurance, annuities and investments to consumers.

• Variety of products: They offer a full range of insurance products.

• Competitive: They are often very competitive among other life insurance providers.

• Highly rated: They are rated highly by many of the rating agencies such as AM Best, Standard & Poor’s, Mood’s Investors Service, and Fitch.

• Options: Customers who deal directly with Prudential will only be offered Prudential products.

by Ashley Eneriz Deputy Editor, Personal Finance

Ashley is an expert finance writer who worked for 12 years with top names in the industry, including Discover, The Hartford, ScotiaBank, Chime and Synchrony. She joined ConsumerAffairs in 2022, and specializes in coverage of banking, credit repair and debt management. Her writing has also been featured in Forbes, Time, Yahoo, MSN and Reader’s Digest. In her personal life, she enjoys homeschooling her three daughters and writing children's books.

Prudential Life Insurance Company Information