MEGA Life and Health Insurance Company

Compare Health Insurance Companies

Research top Health Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We have had this insurance for 10 years. We were told it was great insurance also just like all the reviews I have seen. The positive ones must be from those who work in the company. Our monthly payments were from 500 to as high as 690 and 7,500 deductible. Had blood work done sometimes, didn't pay anything, sometimes maybe a quarter of charge. Daughter went to ER, we had to pay 3,000 they didn't pay much of bill. I have had yearly and mammograms, they didn't pay anything on mammogram and less than a quarter on yearly.

We need tests because we are over 50, can't because we would have to pay full price, it isn't covered. We have had same situation as Jeanie about when we bought insurance, said we had to buy the nasal too, part of insurance. We have been paying that for 10 years, didn't know til today we didn't have to have it. I wish we could get our money back for not telling us we didn't need it. What a waste of money. Next month they are no longer having health insurance so we have to look for something else. Thank god I would never go with that company ever for anything, they are horrible. Stay away from them. Can't wait to be done with that insurance. At least Obama tried to make health insurance right. I am sure that is why they are no longer covering health. Too many complaints.

This is actually a good story for the insurance company. My wife and love to ski. Our agent sold us an accident plan from Mega Life and Health because we are very active and concerned about sustaining injuries with all of our activities. I hurt my knee while skiing and wondered just how much our policy would cover. I needed knee surgery and some physical therapy and our plan covered 100%. Unbelievable. It covered exactly what the agent said it would. I could choose any doctor or hospital. No one talks enough about the good companies out there.

My monthly costs are $325.00. Last June, I went to ER at Leahy Hospital in Peabody. The bill was $1,200.00, insurance paid less than $300.00. I do not see how this is fair.

I purchased health coverage from this company back in July 2008. Twice I have gone for a "check up" and both times I was told my coverage was terminated. My premium is paid every month in the amt. of $180.59. I am sick and tired of paying for a policy that dosen't exist. I am demanding my money back from Mega Life because they have never had coverage on me since I purchased the policy. I am a healthy 40 yr old man who cannot afford to be paying for a policy that is only in force when they feel like enforcing it. I have given this company so many chances and this is the last time I will ever deal with them. I want as many people to know about them as possible. There has to be SOME LAW that protects consumers from big companies like this isn't there??? Can someone please let me know who else to contact to make the public aware?

When I initially applied for my health ins in 2006, I was required to join an Assoc. called NASE. The dues were all figured in with my monthly premium auto deduct from my checking acct. That practice continued through in Dec '07 at which time I rec'd letter from ins. co stating that beginning in Jan '08 the premium would be split w/x amount to NASE Dues and x amount for ins premium but total would be the same. The difference would be 2 separate deductions monthly instead of 1.

As I began to apply for medicare/medicare supplement ins & coordinate termination dates, etc of present coverage in June 2008,I surprisingly learned my NASE Assoc. dues were no longer required to retain my health ins. Customer Service @ Mega stated that had been the case since Jan'08. At that time, early June '08, I requested cancellation of NASE and requested to be reimbursed for the 5 months of dues I paid without knowledge that it was no longer required.

During the past approx. 5 weeks I have rec'd several mailings from both Mega & NASE with no satisfaction as to who was responsible for notifying me when the requirement was lifted. Then today on July 15, 2008 I spoke with someone in Public Relations @ Mega Ins. who admitted that the NASE dues were only required for me to obtains the health ins and then after 1 month I could have canceled. I was never given an option to cancel but instead was led by Mega's agent to believe that as long as I had health ins with Mega this membership was required.

So then for 22 of the 24 month I have paid dues that weren't required. I want someone held responsible for deceitful business practices and to be reimbursed for the money I paid unnecessarily because those two companies had some sort of money making agreement. These companies keep trying to refer to a document I signed stating in tiny print, that would need magnifying to read, that the assoc dues was for it's benefits (which I never ever used one of)and if I ever cancelled I needed to contact NASE. What about that tells me I can cancel and keep my health ins when the agent is telling me I must sign to join & to get the ins?

Undue financial hardship paying already sky high premiums. Then only to be deceived into believing the extra dues were required to retain my health ins.I believe I deserve to be reimbursed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MEGA Life and Health Insurance Company?

MEGA Life and Health Insurance Company Company Profile