Call Now Toll Free
Compare Quotes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.24/5

Kaiser Permanente Insurance Call Now Toll Free (855) 651-9886 Compare Quotes

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now
Call Now Toll Free

Kaiser Permanente Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaiser Permanente Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaiser Permanente?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I won't go into the whole thing, but Kaiser has put a halt to prescribing any Opioid pain medication and are taking current Patients off of them regardless of their proven diagnosed condition. They are doing this without considering a patient's health or well being and quality of life. I feel people may have to turn to illegal drugs and get them off the streets. Kaiser's action will only endanger the lives of there patients and their families. Chronic pain is real and very hard to live with.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I have been a KP member for over 40 years since it first arrived in Colorado. The concept of a non-profit company was awesome -- and rewarding. Not having to fill out paperwork or wait for reimbursement is incredible. Having all the doctors, pharmacy, lab, etc. in one building -- and having full choice in choosing a different team member if you're ever dissatisfied is fantastic. Love not having to traipse all over town finding different specialists. Can't imagine ever changing to another company!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I am usually able to get an appointment within 2 weeks of requesting it. Wait for office visits and RXs is not too long. Also not too long a wait for X-rays and EKGs.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Kaiser should allow more time in doctor visits. I felt my visits were too short, only 10 minutes or so. But they do take time to care for patients in other ways.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Recently I thought I may have an Urinary Tract Infection. I called Kaiser and was transferred to an advice nurse. Based on my symptoms I was provide antibiotics for seven days. On the fifth day, I became more ill and scheduled an appointment with my primary care doctor. I was concerned the medication was not working. By the time I got in to see my doctor, I had back pain, weakness and poor mobility. During my doctor's office visit my doctor looked right at me and stated. The only thing wrong with me is I need to make an appointment as soon as possible with psychiatry, there was nothing wrong with me. She declined any further urine testing, assuring me, I am fine, well not in the head. She assured me none of my symptoms were related to an infection. I became very depressed, I was so ill I could not work.

What followed for the next 90 days I had a kidney infection resulting in me taking antibiotics during this time. I eventually recovered. I fired the doctor and choose a different primary doctor. Then one day, I received a notice my new doctor is no longer with Kaiser. Kaiser had assigned me to a new doctor. I filed a complaint with member service in regard to my first doctor. Nothing was said or done. However I have learned what she wrote in my file. So hurtful.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I am under the insurance but the service is extremely limited and precarious so I ended up self paying all my medication and external Dr. visits. I was misdiagnosed twice and the insurance does not cover even blood work that I was paying myself. I transferred from Blue Cross and regret the decision.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Pluses are free immunizations and some screening (mammogram, yearly physical) through Medicare Part B, and Part D reduces or eliminates some prescription costs. The quality of the medical staff is uneven, I wouldn't go back to a Kaiser psychiatrist again after 2 bad experiences. Most troubling is the steady loss of value as the monthly premiums and co-pays go up year to year while the services, return on investment decrease. Overall, not the worst by any means but still gouging the elderly along with everyone else (seemingly) in the healthcare industry. Other countries do this much, much better.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

My husband has a kidney stone. He had to go to the PCP two times before the doctor would refer him to a urologist. The urologist is in another county (they don't have one at the Tucker, GA location). He got a CT scan and stone was confirmed. Urologist told him to try to pass it on his own. Husband calls back after a couple of weeks and says the stone is not passing and the pain is horrible. Urologist refers him to surgeon at Northside hospital (different county than us OR the urologist). Surgeon schedules procedure SIX WEEKS out. In the meantime, he is required to go back to both the PCP and the urologists to be "cleared" for the procedure. In all, 8 doctor appointments (and co-pays)--9 if you count the scheduled post op appointment--in 3 different counties, over a period of 2 months for a procedure that is, by the surgeon's description, a 20-minute out-patient. Emailed KP to complain, was told someone would call me; they never did.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I would never change. I have had surgery and been told with bandages on my face that my preauthorization was not correct. That would never happen with Kaiser. Have had cancer, a heart attack and a stroke. Top notch coverage and care all the way.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

My wife and I belonged to Kaiser from the 1960's to about 2005, while we were younger and did not have any health problems. They were great, however when we turned 65 and then had Kaiser Medicare, Kaiser did not show the same care. We ended up switching to the standard Medicare to get some medical problems taken care of that Kaiser refused to do.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I am a 55 y/o male who has had some health issues thru the years and Kaiser is far and away the best insurance I've ever had. They are outstanding in every category, Physical and Mental health. These guys have got it right.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Excellent service every time! Everything located under one location, always with plenty of safe parking. If you are not happy with a care provider, you can have another one.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I applied for the Kaiser Gold Plan for my health insurance and decided to cancel the plan 4 or 5 day before it started. They put a cancelation request on the computer and said that it will not take effect at the beginning of the month and if there was any money paid for the plan the refund was going to be back on my account in the next 3 to 4 weeks. Well I kept calling 4 more times to make sure that my plan was not active and make sure I get my refund, they kept telling me that it was cancel and be patient with the refund. Today they told me that my refund of $489 dollars was not granted and they are keeping my money. How is this possible!!! I am so mad because they are keeping my money and I did not have an active premium service from them, how is this legal??? I will call the TV news show and tell them about this, will also call Telemundo and Univision and put a complaint at the BBB too! I will not let them con me.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Administratively there are a lot of hoops to go through for getting an appointment and following up with Customer Care. As far as working with ACA the troubles get worse. Horrible. Nearly impossible to find a doctor that speaks clear and concise ENGLISH, but once in to see Drs. the care is good and they are nice.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Just a scam. Plain and simple. If someone treated you in person the way that Kaiser treats you on paper, you'd punch them in the face. Your legally guaranteed annual free appointment is no longer that if you mention any actual medical problems!! All lab tests are billed fully if the results are abnormal!!! Paid your copay in person? Sure you did, you'll still get a bill EVERY TIME. And for all this you get the privilege of paying $300/month! Are you kidding me? This company should be illegal.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Of my limited needs I really like Kaiser and the classes they offer. Also, I got in to see a psych counselor in a timely manner when I was under a lot of stress, and 2 sessions did it for me. I feel they attract the best doctors and do ongoing research that benefits all. But the copays are a bit high as well as some medication copays.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I am leaving Kaiser as soon as my Medicare kicks in. They have the worst policies and doctors I've ever had to endure. Their mental health department is especially disturbing. They have insane rules and won't even administer pain medicine for someone having an excruciating migraine. I am so disgusted and sickened by Kaiser. I can't get out fast enough. I just had an unethical doctor write a false report about me. I called her on it but have not heard back yet. I think the whole thing should be shut down.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Medical advice always available. Facilities located in very convenient locations. I appreciate that you can change your assigned physician if you want for whatever reason you may have.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

My wife ** Xiang Wang in her account, Kaiser Permanente charge $54.84 since she lived in Virginia. When she move to Maryland, Kaiser Permanente charge $142.49 and more every month. I called then many time. This are overcharge, her account in Virginia has been closed. But they never make change and terminated the service.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

A very comprehensive health plan for a very reasonable fee. The prescriptions are priced at an affordable rate. You have your choice of physician and on-site testing labs. It is a one stop health care facility.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I had Kaiser for many years, and with the exception of one lousy Doctor, I was very well cared for through surgeries and many years of medical care.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Kaiser Permanente services is getting bad day by day. Eight out of ten they are out of drug, this is after you check in and wait of 30 minutes. When you try to make an appointment, they put you on hold for long time until you give up. Today 1/24/2018 I got so sick and tried to make an appointment no luck, then I drove to their facility in Gwinnett County Georgia, they sent me to urgent care, after I checked in and waited for an hour at urgent care, the nurse came and told me they are out of room and I need to go back upstairs to see a doctor. I paid $40.00 Co-payment and waited for four hours, then I came home, no doctor was available to see me. I paid from my pocket and saw a regular doctor, near my house. I pay almost $500 every month for my wife and I.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Southern California Call Center - I tried to set up my mom online payment - within 10 min, I called twice because I could not log in, and I got 2 different responses. Does this call center train its employees? And when I asked the 2nd rep to speak to a manager, I had to wait 45 min and he (aka Goerge **) did not show up and told the customer rep what she needs to do. If any anyone from Kaiser listens, more Training please - don't put your frontline employees in a harm way!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Written 1/3: Kaiser is the worst. Trying to get someone enrolled but Kaiser won't enroll them because they had a transplant. There is specific info they need saying the patient is ok but they won't say what they need and where to send it and the application was done three weeks ago. I have been on hold many hours and everyone says something different. They are also rude.

Written 1/18: Even more terrible. Half the time they say the member is active, the other half they say they are not. I refaxed the information but they can't check the fax until next week. Their member benefits department cannot communicate with their member administration department to check the fax. They are overbilling. Two reps told me you can only get meds from their pharmacy but the third told me you can get them at an external pharmacy, this after the member was switched to their pharmacy. Their pharmacy isn't taking calls and you can only get voicemail. I am currently on hold for 45 min. and counting and have been on hold for 3 hours total today.

Each time I call they ask the same info even though they are supposed to keep notes on previous calls. The information was faxed three weeks ago and they said they got it. Now they are saying they don't have it. This amounts to discrimination against people who have had transplants. Kaiser's own tests showed the person's function is excellent. Also, they make it very hard to transfer medical records for patients. They simply won't request them from previous doctors, adding huge costs for patients to ask their doctors to make copies and send the records. I definitely do not recommend Kaiser. Stick with original Medicare, or if you are going with a Medicare Advantage Plan in Maryland go with Johns Hopkins or the University of Maryland Medical System.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

This HMO is not non-profit. The doctors own shares and make money from our shoddy care. My skin cancer was misdiagnosed by my doctor for two years, despite my repeated questioning. Finally a dermatologist caught it only by then it had grown so big they had to take a piece out of my face and I almost lost a tear duct. At this time I was caring for my 97+ year old mother. I was unable to follow through with my dermatology appointment just a month before her death. For this I was removed from this doctor's panel.

I filed several complaints for her to be reinstated. One message simply requested that my message be relayed. In response to each message or request I received more or less the same form letter, then finally a response that it would become a formal complaint. Whenever I've filed complaints or grievances in the past at Kaiser, they always receive the same form letter: "We've looked carefully at this and nothing will change;" in other words, you lose, you are a sucker for paying the equivalent of second mortgage for our care and signing an arbitration agreement to get in so that you can never sue. Ha ha. I know three disgruntled doctors who left Kaiser because of their unethical treatment of patients and new doctors. I support my family on a public school teacher's salary and have little choice. But it may be necessary to spend my retirement on better care.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

Overall, I would give this company only 1 star but the cataract surgery I had was satisfactory and they had the capability to do both eyes at the same time. I have had a lump on my left knee now for about 4-5 years and was seen by doctors in both Southern and Northern California. They ordered x-rays which showed no broken bones. They did nothing about the lump which feels like it may be a cyst. One doctor even told me it was only a 'fatty deposit.' This was laughable because I have fatty deposits everywhere, but this lump is the only one that is painful. In short, I received no other treatment other than the x-rays (done 3 times) and prescription strength **.

The other problem is the cost! Exorbitant by any standard. While I paid $5 co-pays in So. Calif., that increased to $35 in No. Calif. ER cost was $75 per visit, only $10 in So. Calif. No. Calif. required a $20/month premium payment, with $0 premiums in So. Calif. Why the huge increase from So.Calif. to No.Calif. is a mystery that even Kaiser can't explain. Their administrative services are probably the worst in the entire world. I would venture to say that even 3rd world countries are better at administration than Kaiser. It took me 3 months to get transferred from So. Calif. to No. Calif. Why? I was billed several times for a copay that I was told was waived because it was included with the cataract surgery. I had to write a letter about that.

This was not the only time I was billed in error. In So. Calif., I went to urgent care and was told they were quite busy but I could make an appointment for later in the day and make the $5 copay at that time. I did that, went to my 2:30 pm appointment and then received 6 months of billing for a $5 copay that I made when I went to the appointment. Apparently, they were billing me for the $5 when I made the appointment even though I was told there would be no copay since I made the appointment. Again, that took writing several letters and finally sending them a statement from my bank showing the $5 payment on that day! Due to the increased costs of this below-standard medical care, I chose to change my insurance and am now with another company.

Interestingly, my copays are only $10 per office visit on the new insurance and if I choose mail order for my prescriptions there are no copays at all - zero! The new insurance has a $24 per month premium but I am more than making that up with the $10 copay instead of $35. And I am saving a bundle with the zero cost for my 3 prescriptions by using mail order. I would never recommend Kaiser to anyone due to the high costs and sub-standard care, coupled with incredibly inadequate administrative capabilities. They need to withdraw all their misleading ads on TV since the care I received and the problems they caused certainly do not come anywhere near what they are advertising that you received from them. In short, they are terrible!

Resolution response: Jan. 29, 2018

I had an amazing advocate from Kaiser Medical group who helped me achieve the needed procedure. This person and her manager from Kaiser Medical group in Bellevue were my angels and fought very hard for me.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

Fighting since July 2017. They will not cover general anesthesia used for two endoscopes stating not medically necessary--not the procedure itself just the anesthesia. Three denials and an external appeal denial for a needed surgery to fix my stomach structure that is causing me to not be able to process food properly, vomiting daily, extreme acid exacerbated by a hiatal hernia, aspirating on acid in my sleep, uncontrollable burping all day long at work and extreme stomach cramping. Their own surgeon states I am susceptible to pneumonia from the acid issue, dementia from prolonged use of **, and Barrett's esophagus or cancer from long term exposure to the acid in my esophagus.

I was finally approved in January 2017 with this surgeon only to receive a phone call ONE WEEK before schedule me surgery to let me know approval has been rescinded due to this being a complication of a surgery from 3 1/2 years ago. It is illegal to deny coverage for a pre-existing condition. They are denying coverage for everything I submit except for medication. I have several acquaintances that are also having issues getting approvals for basic coverage. They also are refusing to cover the testing that was done to ensure I didn’t have cancer in my esophagus already. $3200 for this. $1500 for anesthesia they won’t cover. Those have already been performed. $35,000 for the needed surgery they won’t cover. Kaiser isn’t doing anyone any favors in this state so far.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Kaiser Permanente Riverside CA: I do not recommend Kaiser. Both my husband and myself have been misdiagnosed and it was due to the doctor not taking the time to ask questions or do a thorough exam. Rushing you because they are too busy. My husband was experiencing severe leg pain due to a previous motorcycle accident. The doctor told him he pulled a hamstring, to rest and take ibuprofen. The pain increased each day, nothing helped, so a month later he went to urgent care. He was given xrays and referred to orthopedics where he was told he needed major surgery to restructure his bones and tendons. Also given a couple of days supply of pain meds. Wow... big difference, pulled hamstring to surgery, but the inadequacy continues.

4 weeks later, still nothing back from surgeon as to status of surgery and the pain is increasing, no meds, he is taking large amounts of ibuprofen. We call doctor for update and request pain medication. Told surgery possibly 4 months down the road. Can't prescribe pain meds, must go see PCP, for that, who is by the way, booked up for the next 3 weeks. Either that or go back to urgent care. Again, wow... the surgeon he was referred to who knows the extent of damage and deformity of my husband's leg cannot prescribe pain meds nor did he communicate any kind of pain management plan until the surgery was performed.

My husband does not abuse any pain medication, turns it down when asked if needed, so when he states he can't take it anymore, he means it. Still waiting and yes have to go back to urgent care for help. We feel lost in their system and not the first experience unfortunately. It seems to be the norm. More I could share, that's just one incident.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I'm writing this to help out others that were in my position. I'm on the healthcare exchange and was forced to choose between two providers this year. I have always heard horror stories and have not wanted to be a Kaiser member. However, I have a life-threatening blood disorder, MDS, and have been with my specialist, no. 1 in the southeast at continuing life for my particular disease - and I'm likely going to need chemo and a bone marrow transplant this year - anyway, so the oncologist I see does accept Kaiser with a referral and not the other provider, so I went with Kaiser. It has been a pain to get started up and of course the initial doc appointments for new patients are being pushed weeks out now due to Kaiser being one of two providers on the healthcare exchange for Georgia.

I will say phone representatives that I've dealt with have been very nice and very helpful. Though the check-in is weird, those ladies were very nice and helpful. The doctor was pretty monotone, but I felt he listened and inquired adequately. I made a list of all of my concerns the night before the appointment to make sure I touched on everything since it is a slight pain to travel all the way out to their clinic and I'm not even sure how far out he's booking. Anyway, to my pleasure, he wrote referrals to my oncologists and my pain clinic, both are not with Kaiser (but accept it). Within 30 mins I was approved to continue with my current pain clinic... I'm still holding on my oncologists, that's the major concern. He also referred me to a behavioral health/psychiatrist with Kaiser to address anxiety and sleep issues. And I can call myself to schedule with a dermatologist.

The pharmacy was pretty quick and so was the lab draw and all of the employees at each (all in the same building) were really nice. It is going to suck when I get my narcotic prescriptions from my outside providers, because I'll have to physically carry them to the Kaiser clinic/pharmacy to refill each month. So my appointment was at 3 and between arrival at 3 and check in, I was taken back at 315. After I left the doc I went downstairs to pharmacy and lab, the wait at both was minimal. I was at out pretty much 430 and accomplished a lot. I still have followup calls to make with kaiser to schedule a few more appointments.

One drawback is that, while the function is present online and on the app to make my own appointments, whenever I try it says the function is not available and prompts me to call. I'll try to remember to edit this if my opinion of them changes. Just wanted to gives a heads up to GA people like me that were backed into a corner on the healthcare exchange this year.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

So I had an appointment at the Southwood Comprehensive Center and this lady name Charissa **, was so rude to me, rolling her neck and eyes. Talking over me and did not allow me to explained my concerns AT ALL. Now this is my first time coming into Kaiser and will be my last time going. My company said we had to switch to this insurance (which is the worst insurance ever). The check in process is ridiculous. They only had one person checking in on the second floor. I stood in line for almost 15 min. So that is the reason I went into the administrative office to see if I could get some assistance with check in.

Kaiser (Georgia) needs to hire some more people. Also, they need to train their managers; and the people at the front desk how to be courteous; kind; respectful and caring to their patients. To Charissa **, you need to either find you another job or attend a anger management class because you are indeed miserable and to work on the front of the line with people isn’t for you. Your attitude is ugly just like you. Please find you something else to do. I AM TELLING THE WORLD ABOUT YOU CHARISSA **!

Kaiser Permanente Insurance Company Information