Get peace of mind

Need to know more about health insurance? Shop providers on our guide.

Check health plans

Kaiser Permanente Insurance

Kaiser Permanente Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.87/5

Get peace of mind

Need to know more about health insurance? Shop providers on our guide.

Check health plans

Kaiser Permanente Insurance Reviews

Original review: June 23, 2017

I live in CO, front range, a lot of people. And Kaiser has ONE facility in every town. One in Denver, Boulder, Longmont, etc. Thus I make appointments weeks out in advance. Which isn't terrible if you are flexible. But when you have something not so good on and need further testing each test is ANOTHER 3-4 weeks. So I sit in unknown and I tell them I will drive to ANY of them but does have to be after work but only 9-5 availability M-F. Which okay most doctor offices are like that BUT most insurance companies have 10+ facilities in each town. One Nurse Practitioner sympathized with me and said, "I know, and it's even worse around holidays because doctors all want a week off." So 4th July is here and still I wait and wait before I can get testing before I can make an action plan.

Short Hand Version. - Limited facilities per town (ex in Colorado 1 in Denver, 1 in Boulder, etc). - Limited hours despite having limited facilities. - No phone number to call your doctors office directly, every time you have to call the corporate number and press numbers and talk to operators before you can talk to your office. - Charged for things I was unaware of (not crazy prices, but please tell me if my insurance isn't covering something). - DISLIKED my physician, seemingly not caring, attentive, patient and yet because of limited times available somehow I'm stuck with her again. - General feelings of somewhat helpless and frustrated because of my limited options so I wait 3-4 weeks at a time in between Testing/appointments because of limited availability.

- My boyfriend's a nurse and has seen patients not transferred to Kaiser facilities so their insurance will cover it. And these people were not necessarily stable either, speaks to our still ** healthcare, and the VERY Flawed kaiser company. I would seriously pay more per month to never ever have to experience this again.

Original review: June 20, 2017

If I could give it 0 stars I would. They keep sending me the bill that I paid long time ago by credit card, and neither multiple phone calls, nor sending mail helped to resolve the issue. Now they are threatening me with the collection agency. That's insanity. One phone call should have been enough to resolve an issue like that. And that's not the only issue, it's just the one I am still fighting with at the moment, although I am no longer their client, and I will never ever chose them as my insurance provider again, and I will warn as many people as possible on all the review sites that I can find, to stay away from them.

Original review: June 14, 2017

The actual care is actually pretty good. Administratively, however, they are the absolute most incredibly incompetent in my 66 years of experience. Most recently, resulting from a colossal by mail prescription refill debacle, Kaiser became "concerned" that I was out of and thus not taking my medication. They took to calling my WIFE via robo-calls to alert her to the issue. After calling and sending complaints via their online system, zero progress. I have assured them that I am still in possession of all my faculties and have and am taking my prescription properly and would they PLEASE stop this crap ASAP. The calls have continued. No evidence of customer service or anyone competent on the administrative end of Kaiser. Seriously considering jumping ship.

Original review: June 12, 2017

So, we've been with Kaiser for about three years total now. Honestly when you go into the actual facility everything is nice and great. People are friendly and the service is excellent. However ONE hospital visit will break your budget. Three and you're out of your mind. I had the Kaiser Platinum insurance for the entire family, and honestly I thought we were pretty well covered. Any hospital visit should be 250 dollar copay and that's it.

When my son was being born my wife had to go to the hospital on several occasions. Three in a month, and none of it was covered. Instead of being run through both insurances (her Cigna, and my Kaiser) it ended up that Kaiser completely washed their hands of the situation. Every time I call they say that the claim is processing, this was in June 2016 and it's processing until now, June 2017. The hospital bills came directly to me. Only Cigna paid their portion, on each bill that arrives you see Kaiser's portion, and then Kaiser saying they won't pay. Not only did they not pay, but each time we had to call to get approval to be seen, then we had to drive about 45 minutes away to the hospital they had a contract with, and even after all of that, it didn't help.

I left my job about a week ago, and when I did ALL OF THE CLAIMS came back denied, saying I was no longer a Kaiser-covered individual. This is ridiculous and I'm still dealing with it. If you're young and have no problems, Kaiser might be the way to go. If you have a family, or you want peace of mind, definitely don't pick Kaiser.

Original review: June 8, 2017

A terrible experience for my whole family. My granddaughter went in for a surgery and once released, within less than a half hour, started bleeding from the surgery performed; they never even checked her properly before she was released. My daughter had to rush her back to the ER and they had to do another procedure to stop the bleeding. They also found out that the pain medication was only then given in a small bottle for about two to three days. My daughter (mother of my granddaughter) tried to get more and the person they contacted (Monica) called the prescription into the wrong facility. It took too many hours to resolve it (during this process with my daughter calling many times, etc.) while my granddaughter was still in a lot of pain (without the medication that was called in early, but was not resolved until many hours later).

Once this is whole matter was finally handled, my son-in-law tried to get a hold of Kathy **, the manager of the nurses and when Kathy finally called him back, she did not even really care about the situation, but said to my son-in-law, and this is a quote from him, “Your daughter has her medication now, right?” Like that helped? It was not a good call and my son-in-law felt like nothing would be done or ever change. My son-in-law then also left two messages for Gail **, Kathy’s boss and the administrator of Kaiser, but he never got the call back to this day.

My son-in-law also spoke with a person named Armando at the pharmacy (in Bostonia) and he said he would help (seemed nice), but no one in our family even got a callback. My son-in-law also asked Armando to send a message to Gail ** stating he still wanted to still speak with her... but again, she never called back. For my granddaughter and our whole family, this was an awful experience. I let them know they should switch hospitals as soon as possible. Again, a terrible experience. My granddaughter is still trying to fully recover; this is the least I could do is to report what occurred so others can be aware of how they handle things.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaiser Permanente?

Original review: June 7, 2017

The nurses on the ICU intensive care unit are very lazy. My mom's ventilator popped out and the alarm went off for 7 mins. I waited for someone to rush in as she was beginning to desat but no one ever came they just walked past her room and paid no attention that the ventilator had come off.

Original review: June 5, 2017

The customer service, health records, and referral department. I was transferred 5 times, each time they asked my son's information, and keep putting me through hoop. The rep with the name Kemnesha ** was very rude and disrespectful. She likes to cut me off.

Original review: June 2, 2017

Charging me 8k for 15 minutes doctor visit just for delivery doctor (normal delivery with healthy baby). Billed total 22k for whole delivery which was normal. Called CS rep department to know for what service they are charging 8k. CS rep said they cannot tell as doctor put the charges. I asked, "Can I/you talk to doctor to know why she is charging high," CS rep told me that they/or I cannot talk to doctor. Looks fraud to me. I asked rep to put this bill in dispute. Rep said they cannot put this bill in dispute. Rep couldn't find any record for my complain about this bill month back.

Original review: May 31, 2017

Should you trust and keep a doctor that doesn't listen, doesn't remember or review crucial information from your medical file each time you have a new appointment, doesn't coordinate with other specialists, recommends procedures even you know will be superfluous and not help provide any more diagnostic data, doesn't care about or examine your overall health, has no knowledge of/denies holistic approaches to treating underlying conditions such as dietary changes, supplements, etc, has no respect for your time, suggests invasive and unnecessary life changing procedures in an insensitive manner, leaves you in pain from her rough handling of an invasive procedure and walks away with no aftercare or offering of pain medication, has other reviews online where women sustained uterine damage and traumatic births in her care? Absolutely not unless you're nuts!

These are the modus operandi of many doctors at Kaiser Permanente, not just the OB GYN's. I could also go on and on about the primary care physician I was assigned to, but I've wasted enough time struggling to get decent care. It's the last straw for me!

Original review: May 25, 2017

I have been happy with Group Health for 29 years. Never had a problem. I have a policy through the Federal Employees. This year, without a clue that Group Health was for sale, I signed for my policy I get every year. I paid for Group Health for a year. Several months into 2017 Kaiser Permanente bought Group Health. So many people conveyed their condolences telling me what a corrupt outfit they were and how hard they were to deal with. Well, I just went in for a total hip replacement and see exactly what they meant. They now assign you a nursing home if you live alone and are unable to care for yourself after major surgery. The one they assigned me to was miles and miles on the other side of town.

It took several calls and much gut wrenching stress before they would even ok the SNF. Every communication with them is an uncertain outcome. They are not for their customers, sometimes actually against them. I never had any stress with Group Health. These people are liars and feel no remorse for lying to you. I was assigned to Manor Care in Spokane. I contracted an infection in the wound while at the SNF due to neglect. This was my third hip replacement and I was taking short walks down the hall to build up my strength and endurance. They told me if I could walk without an aid then I was ok to go home!!!

My wound began to drain in massive amounts, soaking my mattress. The home refused to change the bandage or my bedding regularly and I was forced to lay in the stinking discharge throughout the night and into the day. They always claimed they did not have anyone to change the sheets or bandage, or they ran out of bedding, etc. They forced all of my therapy into one day the day before I was discharged. I had been there two and a half weeks and only had 20 min therapy in the morning. No one would come to walk with me (their rules) so I was so weak. Then the last day before discharge they made me walk the halls and the stairs for 1 1/2 hrs in the morning and the exercises in the afternoon. I have never been so sore and unable to move! The therapist were wonderful, it was the director that forced these weird rules.

All of this to say each time I called Kaiser they said they had nothing to do with my discharge, it was the SNF. The SNF insisted it was Kaiser refusing to pay. Even with the wound in an area I was unable to reach they insisted I could do it at home myself!!! They gave my surgeon the runaround, "Have him submit the paperwork", etc. Then they would say, "No your primary care is who has to fill out the paperwork." Meanwhile, they refused to pay so I had to go home. Now I am scheduled for surgery to open the wound, clean it and staple it up again. Kaiser actually has stood in the way of my rehabbing from the surgery to lead a productive life.

I am writing a letter to the Congress and the Insurance Commissioner. Kaiser Permanente are the very worst people to do business with. This is our health and well being and they are playing God!!! How scary is that?! I plan to be a crusade against the likes of Kaiser Permanente, in the legislature, in the public voicing of my story and what we all have to look forward to as we become weaker and more vulnerable and have to place the outcome of our health in their hands.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I been with Kaiser since 2007 and why I stay with me is beyond me. Any more I complain when there is a problem but to tell you the truth when you complain to Member Services little or nothing gets done about it. All they do is assign a case manager then she will call you and leave a voicemail telling what she is going to do and look for a letter in the mail in the next few weeks. Most times when you get that letter all it basically says is that, "After our review of your case we have decided that this case is now closed." In other words, nothing is being done and who cares about your problem.

Most recently in the last 7 months I have developed a varicocele vein in my private area. It's a large vein that goes to your testicles and the penis. The vein becomes damaged and it leaks blood into that area. The leaked blood then pools and collects in that area and becomes toxic. That toxic blood can become infected and maybe cause problems in other areas of your body. Now I have terrible burning, stinging and pain in that area and I can hardly sleep due to this.

So I went to the ER about it last December 2016. That's when they referred me to Urology dept at Panorama City. I saw first this Dr ** where I was treated rudely and he and I argued for a while then apologized then he only said take 500mg ** (which gave me a liver problem, made me feel sick) and take warm sitz baths which did not help at all.

Time goes on now and this thing is really bothering me. So I go back weeks later and see another urologist named Dr **. And right from the start he had an attitude for me, very unfriendly. He starts off by saying, "And what are we here for today?" Then he says in a sarcastic manner, "Oh yeah, you are here for a second opinion." He talks to me a while then he leave the room for like almost 10 minutes and I just sit there.

He finally comes back and seems to be even unfriendlier than before. He then was talking to me in an unfriendly, condescending manner. I think he went to talk to Dr ** about me and also to pull up my file on the computer. He then started saying to me, "Oh I see you been to the ER a lot in the past year and a half and most of those visits were pain related." Why is this guy pulling up my file, that has nothing to do with this varicocele vein that they found when they did the sonogram on that area.

He then started to talk to me like a lecture and say, "Well I would not get any surgeries. Most surgeries fail and make things worse than before." He also said "And I don't advise you get any surgery on that hernia you have either." He then proceeds to tell me in a rude manner, he says, "Oh and another reason I won't authorize any surgery on this because if it goes bad you will sue us for malpractice and we can't have that!" What kind of rude, disrespectful doctors does Kaiser employ that they are allowed to talk to sick patients in an abusive manner such as this?!?

They tried to get me to go out to Woodland Hills now to go see that Urology Dept about this. To be honest I don't want to go to Kaiser Urology anymore. They are all rude in that dept. So I found out the UCLA Medical Center has dept that specializes in vein surgeries and they have a good record of success so I want to have it done there but after many dealings with Kaiser Member Services they flat out refuse to refer me to have this done. It is all about money with Kaiser. If I go out of network poor Kaiser will lose some of its all precious money. To heck with my health, that seems to not matter at all to them!

Meanwhile the clock is ticking on this varicocele vein problem I have. The pain and suffering I am going through with this is tremendous. I am almost certain there is infection now in there. Infection left inside a person's body can end up killing them. I don't want to die just because Kaiser will not refer me to UCLA for this surgery that is needed. Do the right thing Kaiser before it is too late and give me the referral that I am asking for.

Original review: May 13, 2017

Every time I interact with Kaiser, I feel like I'm lost in the post apocalyptic world of Brazil (movie directed by Terry Gilliam). Take a number, transfer to 3 different operators, go to the other website, we lost your number, fill out this paper work, stand in line. I'm a number and I get a total of 10 minutes with my overworked doctor who can't recall who I am. Kaiser is one of the best arguments to revamp our crumbling healthcare system. I just want to feel like a person when I interact with my care provider - I don't think that's a lot to ask for.

Original review: May 11, 2017

Waste of time and waste of co pay. I have been to PCP and noticed that I have been provided wrong diagnosis many times. Then finally after a lot of time wasted they refer you to specialist when you have been asking from the start. I need to see a dermatologist but they are asking me to go see a primary care before who will then make a determination if I should see a specialist or not. And usually PCP will not tell you anything you don't really know with all the info available and a little research. Waste of time and waste of money for busy moms.

Original review: May 10, 2017

I've never found a mainstream pharmacy I like. Kaiser pharmacies are far superior. Very accommodating, prices are great, although they don't have any rewards programs.

Original review: May 9, 2017

A test was supposedly done on 2/15/17, along with other testing that was not disclosed and was not authorized by myself or my wife. A day we did not even come in to the office. I am being charged/extorted for a total $2,784.70 worth of testing, one result which was never advised to us (81220- CFTR Gene Analysis Common Variants) and was charged $1928.30 for a single test! The terrible service from the doctor, nurses and the ridiculous billing came at the worst possible time. My wife is pregnant with our first child and instead of focusing on our new family and joy, we are faced with Kaiser trying to leave us poor and homeless by blackmailing us with outrageous bills and costs that were unknown at the time of testing. The stress from these bills are causing further complications for my pregnant wife and we were forced to seek other medical coverage so we do not accrue more costs.

Original review: May 9, 2017

There are many reasons to give 1 or even negative stars for this business if you happen to be a patient at Kaiser Permanente. I just can't wait until the next enrollment time so that I can switch to something else. I gave 1 star because that's the worst you can here. Anyway, out of many reasons I could give them negative reviews let me list a few here. (Which I can remember right now.)

Poor work ethics of the doctors who work at this facility. They never care for their patients. I wonder if they make more by rescheduling you for ridiculous unnecessary things and making you visit them often. They like to try all the different types of medications in their pharmacy. They might get commission there as well. In the last three years with them, I already tried 4 different doctors, none seem to care for me at all. Often times, it does not worth going to them. You spend so much time scheduling an appointment and waiting for them to see you in the empty room etc. but they would come in and out in a minute or less. You feel like you are at the super check out in a fast food restaurant or a store.

Once, at my annual physical (I am not sure if it means anything for the doctors there), doctor came in and out in less than 3 minutes. I had a few questions to ask from him but he never came back. I went to his office to see if I could ask my questions. He was staring at his computer and playing some card game. I said, "Can I ask a question?" He stared at me and said, "Why didn't you ask while I was in the office? Make another appointment with the nurse". I said, "I didn't know you'd spend less than 3 minutes for an annual physical check up. I thought you forgot something and coming back in." I already frustrated by the service I got and the attitude of that doctor, so I decided to leave instead. At that point he wouldn't answer my health questions with care anyway.

They never value your time. Do they understand what does appointment mean!!! Answer is No! You might call or sign up online and make an appointment, then you show up 15 minutes before your scheduled time. After check in and pay, you most likely wait about 30-90 minutes. Then, you get called by a nurse and she puts you in a room and check your temperature and blood pressure etc. Then, she tells you the doctor is on his way. You wonder if the doctor is coming from another state or from another planet. Seriously? Yes, seriously! I bet you wait minimum 30 minutes there as well (if you are lucky). This could be easily be an hour long wait.

Then, that supermarket check out machine (your doctor) comes in and out in less than 5 minutes even you have big issues. You probably been in the place 2-3 hours total to see that robot doc for 3 minutes. I want to say to all of the doctors there and their bosses, CEOs or whomever. When you make appointment just SHOW UP ON TIME! If your doctors' time is valuable, so does the patients', especially when they are in pain and need help. Patients need doctor's help. Does not mean the doctors can abuse their patients' time and rights. Remember doctors, you do get compensated for your services just like any other professionals do (actually you are compensated much better than other professionals).

Slow and unresponsive. I recently had a request for my doctor to fill out a simple form from my work. It took about a day to respond for his office but he said the Information Release Department will be faxing it. I waited but that didn't happen for a week. I called many times, no one answered instead it said agents are busy helping other patients, really?! **. Finally, I emailed them and shared my frustration. They responded to my email and sent me my form after 3 days. Hello!!! How long does take to fax a piece of paper? Do anyone work here?

Getting referred to an outside specialist is a nightmare. I was frustrated after going back to my doctor a few times for the same issue. I was tired of being his experiment project or money machine. Every time I go he would say, "Let's try this medicine or that medicine". Whatever, I am not your high school project Sir. I finally told him to refer me to a specialist. Well, he did and took about a week to get me referred to some specialist. Gosh! After another week.

I got a phone call from the Specialist Office for a consultation after one month. What? Yes, one month. I have been dealing with my pain and trying to see the specialist doctor but it has been taking me too long. I have already been trying to get a referral for about two weeks. Now, wait another month for the consultation. And if I need any treatment will they ask me to come back in the next life. Seriously?! It is because another Kaiser Permanente affiliate? Yes, because they would find the cheapest and worst places as your referral.

Gosh, I can not stop complaining about KP. I hope some government body will do something about them or some other business get them out of business. I hate to think about them. I wish I had money to build a hospital and provide 5-star service to every patient. I think health care organizations should seriously study their business - they provide services!!! And get compensated very well as well!!! But has the worst customer service.

Original review: May 7, 2017

I like that I can phone in my needs and they will be mailed to me within a week. I also like that if I have a problem, I can visit a 24 hour pharmacy that is about 10 miles away.

Original review: May 6, 2017

I get my prescriptions in the mail... As long as I stay ahead of my needs it all works perfectly. I order over the internet and in three to five days my prescription is delivered without fail.

Original review: April 30, 2017

I feel sorry for people like me who their jobs offer this insurance! I have fibromyalgia and have been on ** for pain. Been on it for 3 years and it don't work as well as it used to and asked if maybe they could up the dose a little and you would have thought I asked for the highest pain meds there is. I used to see Dr. Curt ** and he basically called me a drug addict and made me feel that I was wasting his time and how dare I ask him. That made me feel like a lowlife drug addict who was begging for drugs and then I switched Dr. and this one was worse.

His name is Dr. Kevin **. He was rude and nasty and made me feel like a child and would not listen to me. He just kept shaking his head and say no. Would talk over me and angry telling me that if I went with him I would have to sign a contract that I would not take more than 1/2 to 1 pill a day and if I did they would take them away from me and would not see me anymore like he is god and would not listen to me. I also have a bulging disk in my neck that hurts and a bad back but I guess since its not them in pain why should they care. I thought part of being a doctor was caring and sympathy but as for these doctors could not care less. If you are thinking about getting this insurance I would suggest you don't unless you like to be treated like you are a bother. Whatever you do avoid these doctors and this insurance. DON'T DO IT. YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!

Original review: April 27, 2017

I added my son to my insurance account in January 2017. I paid my premium in both Jan. and Feb. At the end of Feb I was notified that my account was terminated for nonpayment. I called Kaiser. They said I had not paid. I gave them my confirmation numbers and they found that in adding my son Connect for Health had actually opened a second account and my payments had gone into the first account.

In the meantime Connect for health sent me notice of a payment adjustment from 300.00 per month down to 132.65. Kaiser also sent me notice that they had rec'd the adjustment. It has taken Kaiser 4 months to add my son to my account. I have OVERPAID on my premiums and I just recently called because I got a bill for 530.00 (because they have not credited my account for 132.65 a month) when I called I was told that I owed over 1000.00. I referred them to their own statement that said my premium is 132.65 a month and that so far for 4 months I have paid in 377.00 in January and 233.00 in Feb and another 132.65 in April. I did the math for them and showed that I had overpaid by roughly 215.00.

They agreed and said I would not owe again until June. However when I called to see if my son had finally been added to my policy (he had) I was told my bill for my premium was sitting at 1000.00 plus. I have been dealing with this every day off I have had since the end of February and it is now the end of April. The time I have been forced to invest in this is asinine. They people in the billing dept will tell you anything to get off of the phone with you and then tell you to call back next week to make sure the changes have happened and the changes are NEVER made.

I will probably lose my coverage again because they have not credited my payments to my account. I just got a confirmation today from Kaiser that my payments from Jan. should be 132.65 a month again. I called. I was told that my premium owed was over 1000.00 I explained the overpayment yet again, then I was told I owed for last year. (I do not and have the confirmation numbers and bank statements to prove it) so they backed down on the "You owe from last year". Again they told me my bill for my premiums were 1060.00. Again I explained that according to their own letter my premiums are 132.65 and that I have actually have overpaid. And again I was told to call next week to see if the changes had been made. Again I gave them the ID number from the last time (last week) that I was told that the changes would be made by this week.

The gal looked up the conversation ID # and still told me to call back. It is impossible to talk to anyone who can actually DO anything. Their people are not empowered to help the consumer. I have repeatedly filed complaints with BOTH Kaiser and Connect for Health and have barely moved forward in almost 60 days time.

Original review: April 27, 2017

I usually use their mail Rx which is great #5! When I order refills online, I usually get them within 48 hours. Most new Rx are waiting for me at the "in-house" pharmacy in the clinic after seeing my doctor. They are very good about making sure I understand information about new Rx.

Original review: April 26, 2017

As a Kaiser/Medicare patient, I am obliged to use the KP Pharmacy. The walk-in is invariably a wait and I have had charging issues there, i.e., a pharmacist waived a charge but it still appeared on my bill. Best route is their phone pharmacy system wherein meds are delivered by mail.

Original review: April 25, 2017

Personally, I really like my Kaiser team. My problem doesn't lie with them, it's my current transportation dilemma and from where I live (In the country). Clear across town to literally the most extreme opposite side of town... It's quite away from us.

Original review: April 15, 2017

I recently gave birth through Kaiser Permanente Atlanta on December 24th. I was released on December 25th. I was given no pain medicine or anything else. I called for pain medicine. I was told to stop at CVS and to see if they were open when I left the hospital. I called Kaiser three times and was told that a nurse would call me back. A nurse called me a week later after I had my child and told me since it had been a week I should not need any pain medicine. I explained to the nurse that my stomach and vaginal area was so painful that I could no longer breastfeed. Kaiser told me to go to the emergency room.

I feel that if someone has a baby they should be given at least 1 week of pain medicine and aid. In addition, my job approved me for 8 weeks of paid disability but I was told by Kaiser that they would only approve me for 6 weeks because that's all they will sign off on to my job. Needless to say when enrollment time comes I will leave. I will not pay $300 plus a month to be told that they can't do anything in my time of need. It is hard enough going through childbirth without the extra complications.

Original review: April 12, 2017

Even though services are provided month to month and you pay in advance for the following month, Kaiser Permanente makes it a royal pain to cancel. They have a membership services lines, but of course you can't cancel over the phone even though they verify name, address, DOB, membership numbers, etc. Instead they insist on written cancellation only, which has none of the verification information they do over the phone. At least with cell phone and cable companies you can tell them to cancel about 10 times verbally and they will finally give up and cancel... but not Kaiser. From past experience they'll then claim they never received the written request for cancellation, so be sure anything you do is sent with delivery verification and keep photocopies of everything sent to them. Wow, no wonder they only get 1.2 stars! Wish I had seen that ahead of time.

Original review: April 12, 2017

I was a peritoneal dialysis patient at Kaiser. I came in with signs of an infection and a wrong diagnosis of peritonitis was made. I was treated for peritonitis over a three week period when I really actually had a bowel rupture instead. My peritoneum showed no signs of infection when surgeon went in and nephrologist had my PD cath removed anyway. He had me opened up two more times during that week trying to figure out what was going on. I ended up with a colostomy for 7 months following because the bowel rupture had been misdiagnosed and ignored causing inflammation. The three surgeries caused adhesions and scar tissue so I could never return to Peritoneal again. Hemo does not meet my needs for dialysis so as a result I will probably eventually die. Did I mention looks like it was closed by a preschooler? Thanks Kaiser and Dr ** you have made my life a living hell!!!

Original review: April 11, 2017

I hate having Kaiser for healthcare. Their employees in nearly the entire primary care division, DON'T CARE for you. They all seem like brainwashed robots. Their job is simple, get you out of their face, as cheap as possible. There is never a sincere positive relationship developed. How is that healthcare? It gets worse from there, so I am seriously considering having my family leave Kaiser altogether. Luckily I have other options!

Original review: April 11, 2017

I gave 3 stars because of the lower cost of coverage under Kaiser. I would give Kaiser's physicians only 1 star. There seems to be a sacrifice that's being made when physicians are directly employed by the insurance company (I say this as a pretty liberal individual who used to - and sometimes wonders if I still do - support socialized healthcare). The Kaiser plan in which I was enrolled provides excellent benefits for a very small premium. However, I found that the doctors were uninterested in providing care unless my medical conditions were severe, and often blamed any minor symptoms on already diagnosed conditions (later, my symptoms were determined to not be attributable to those conditions). They expected my quality of life to be compromised in ways that were not necessary.

I would not recommend Kaiser to anyone who wants an attentive doctor willing to look into minor symptoms to ensure that there isn't a larger problem. From my experience, you have to be your own advocate at Kaiser which unfortunately requires some knowledge about medicine that the average person does not have.

When I switched to another health insurance company, I found the physicians that were in that company's network to be more capable (and actively willing) in resolving my medical issues. My premiums and costs under my new insurance are, however, significantly higher.

Original review: April 7, 2017

My husband got this Kaiser Permanente Insurance through his work. He was deducted almost 500$ on his paycheck without us knowing how much the insurance would be. So we informed the company where he works that we want to opt out of the insurance since it is eating all of the money he got from work. Now, another paycheck and we were only left with 36$ cause kaiser got all of the money! Horrible, horrible! Imagine working 8 hours a day and then on paycheck day, you find out that you are not getting anything because this money eating scumbag is getting all of it! Plus the customer service sucks!!! Never ever choose Kaiser. I hope we can still get our money back!

Original review: April 6, 2017

All the doctors I saw at Kaiser were very inexperienced, and I think that's why they're at Kaiser. They're still learning, and kaiser patients are their training tools to practice on. What's good about Kaiser? It's cheap. And you know what you get when you buy cheap. We're talking about your health, your life. Do you really want to risk that. You deserve better than kaiser doctors. Everyone does.

Kaiser Permanente Insurance Company Information