Compare Quotes and Save

Find Short Term Health Insurance

Shop Plans Today

990 Kaiser Permanente Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

So I try this insurance through my employer, I check and the website says I'm covered and my kids are covered who live out of state. Well, that only applies to the medical insurance, not the dental. So I set my son up for cleanings and then I get stuck with the $480 bill because "Oh no, our dental is only in Portland Oregon, it's the medical that is covered out of state." So wonderful, a week's pay gone. Then I go to use it and I call to make an appointment on October 11th and get told I would get a callback. Wait a week, no call. Call back and they tell me it's a 2 month wait which is unacceptable.

I need work done and this first visit is going to be just someone peeking into my mouth and sending me home. So I call back and ask if they can schedule me for actual things I need and they tell me no, they won't schedule me for cleaning or other work until after someone peeks in my mouth. I know what I need. So I ask will it be another couple of months after the initial appointment and was told yes. 4 months to get a cleaning is nowhere near acceptable. Cannot cancel this crap insurance fast enough. Avoid.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

I had blood work done a few times. They billed me 380,00 and they waited for all the bills to come together then send me the bill. My other insurances never billed me with extras, I just paid my co-pay and thats it. I will not go back. Im going back to my old insurance co.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

They could care less about your health. YOU never get used to your pcp due to constant changing. Doctors are rude and arrogant. PAIN management is a joke. KAISER is the poor man's insurance. Good luck getting a appointment when you need one.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

My patient review is about my personal experience with Dr. Eric Kim Pain Management with Kaiser in Glendale, Ca on Orange St. I have been experiencing chronic pain in my neck radiating to my shoulder for about 9 months now. When I went to see Dr. Eric Cheeho Kim he recommended me to get an MRI in which I did. I had to call them to get the results after a week because I didn't hear from them. It wasn't even the Doctor I spoke with it was his nurse and she told me I have arthritis but was not specific enough. I decided to make an appointment to see the Doctor to get the diagnosis in person. When I called in for an appointment... the appt center gave me one in a month so I had to wait another month.

Now when I saw the Doctor regarding my MRI... he wasn't even able to give me a professional opinion as to what it could be that's been giving me this tremendous dull pain. Nothing absolutely nothing was said on his part that made any sense... I wish I was more assertive as the patient to get better answers from him but that's my fault. Now what he recommended was an epidural shot which I was reluctant or I should say skeptical about it and so he said "you can try a cervical facet joint injection instead which can have less risks" and so I agreed to it. When I got my injection he told me to make a diary every day for a week and to call him if I see no progress and so I did.

The nurse calls me back instead of him and I gave her details as to the dull pain I've been having now worse in my shoulder and arm all the way to my fingers and asked her that I need pain meds to get through the day and so she told me she'll let me know and instead of calling me back she had a pharmacist call me which was NO help at all. I let them all know that this is unfair to let your patient who pays $425/month and going to this terrible pain and to leave me without any meds. Unbelievable!

Now I requested to have a second opinion on my MRI from another doctor which I'm waiting for a call to make the appointment. There is two sad and wrong things here... One is that a Doctor was unable to read or describe my MRI and leave his patient without medication. I do not recommend DR. Eric Kim to any patient especially for an MRI reading. I don't know how to explain all this better but it's coming out of my heart and experience so please believe me and my judgement about this Doctor. They always want the easy way out but cannot even determine what it is you have and yet they tell you you're a candidate for an injection which is not always the right way to go.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

My grandson severely lacerated his arm that required stitches in and out. Was very frightened of dying. He has a learning disability. Also he was drinking but coherent. The staff did restrained him, mind you his arm was cut open. And no one was allowed with him to calm him down. Has a paranoia about needle until mother got there and they finally let her in. His friend that drove him there was forcefully pulled his arm backwards to escort him out. When he left the hospital he started to cry and told us what happen.

One of the male nurses hit him on the head. He has a lump... pressure bruises on forehead behind ear where he was hailed down. Said he couldn't breathe. He kept on telling them he has asthma. And a catheter was force in his penis - nurse told him to shut up before he sticks a bigger one and ridiculed his private. That's when the dr. came in. He was bleeding. I just get upset just thinking about this that I can't write anymore. What happen to the Drs and nurses that cared? The answer is they don't. One more thing. They told him that he had no ins but he didn't have his card with him. They said they needed the bed for patients with ins. How sad.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaiser Permanente?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

I am a 69 year old female. I have a hiatal hernia. I been on 40 mg of ** for many years. 10/1/2016 I became a Kaiser Patient. Dr. ** became my doctor. I ran out of my ** and I call in for a refill. Kaiser pharmacy and Dr. ** will not give me the 40 mg. They say I can get it over the counter. It doesn't come in 40 mg. I am left in horrible pain. I have acid built up and I been suffering like this for a week now... I call medicare and told them what happen. I got to deal with this horrible pain until the first of November when I will have my medicare back. Nothing over the counter work. Why would they let me suffer like this?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

I am writing this review as I recently visited a doctor at Kaiser (**, Melanie, MD) with sore Throat and cough. My whole purpose of visiting the doctor to avoid the worse. Wanted to get some medicines so as I can prevent the fever and to take care of the virus before it becomes strong. Doctor did have a look and told me that she could see some swelling in my throat however, it's just a virus and will go away on its own, she mentioned. Also, it was mentioned to me not to worry and wait for 10 days and come back when/if it get bad. I have seen first doctor in my life who would like to wait till the worse happens rather than avoiding or preventing it.

Anyhow I came back home with disappointment and as suspected, I came down with severe fever late at night. I had to rush to urgent care and since they would not take Kaiser so I had to pay doctor fee and Medicine payment (Walgreens) from pocket which was around $167.00 in total. The doctor at urgent care was very nice and he diagnosed me well and gave medicine and I was on my feet in 2 days. I wish Kaiser Dr had done her job to prevent the same and it would saved me money and more importantly the time. Now Kaiser is also asking me to pay a part of the bill ($110.00) for the visit. Seriously :( I would be paying the bill. But it seems though as if loss of 110 for nothing :( I would never recommend Kaiser to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2016

I recently had surgery with Kaiser at the Sunset location. Doctor and all nursing staff was amazing. Best service. What I am rating is the disability dept for this location. They are extremely rude, unhelpful and downright nasty. Slow at processing claims. Only Kaiser I have seen stating by Karria they will take 20 business days to send 2 dates online to EDD. This is completely unacceptable. Other Kaiser locations request 3-5 days. Not this place. I'm sure if one of them had surgery their claim would be processed same day. I am now having to return to work with less than half use of my hand and sutures in place as I am unable to wait 2 months to receive any benefits. This dept has been the worst experience I've ever had to deal with. Such a shame such a big corporation allows this.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

I moved from Nashville this year, where I had a terrible experience with Cigna, my employer-provided insurance company. I signed up for Kaiser Permanente without knowing much about it, but it was one of 2 options from my employer. I have been extremely pleased with their services. Their employees have all been very friendly and seem happy with their jobs. I've barely had to wait on hold for telephone calls, and everyone I've talked to, from pharmacists, to customer service, to doctors, have all been very kind and helpful. I love the online options, like signing up for appointments online -- for a recent illness I was able to find someone to go to the same day. This is such a wonderful change from what I'm used to in having to deal with insurance companies. I would recommend Kaiser to anyone -- in fact, my fiance just signed up because of my positive experience.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I really loved Kaiser for the three years prior to this year. I felt as if my doctor truly was invested in my care, and help me live the best quality of life possible. As time went by, I learned what triggered my pain attacks, and how to control and manage them. With a lot of help from my doctor. I went from pain attacked every three months to every six months, to nine. My issues are stomach related. There is nothing that can be done except to manage the condition. I use ** for pain, especially at night when the pain is especially bad. Sometimes when food is digesting it feels like glass is breaking in my stomach. There has been times I have crying in bed unable to move.

A year ago my doctor demeanor changed, and he informed me that regulations in pain medication has changed. He starts asking me if I sell my pain medication or allow other people to use it. It was such a stupid question I started laughing. I was also drug tested, which I passed. I called him because my stomach was hurting badly. His reply was to make an appointment with my gastro doctor. That is fine if there was not a two or three month wait to obtain a appointment with her. The pain was so terrible, I ended up in the ER. I eventually was seen by a snotty nurse practitioner a week later that did diagnosis the problem. Though he was the type of health care professional you want to punch in the face.

My pain was under control, and all was well. Out of the blue my leg started to hurt. I tried to make a appointment with my doctor, but I could not get a appointment for two weeks! I ended up going to urgent care and finding out it is a pinched nerve. Sadly, this condition continued. I went to Urgent Care a second time to get a referral to physical medicine because once again, I could not get a appointment with my primary in a timely matter. I saw the physical medicine doctor who had me schedule a appointment with a physical therapist. When I saw the physical therapist she stated I needed to be on steroids so I would not be in so much pain. The amount of discomfort I was in, would not help me.

My doctor's nurse called out of the blue after six months and requested a doctor's visit. I agreed. It was the day after seeing the physical therapist, and I asked him for the steroids she mentioned. He did not seem happy about this and said I should have contacted my physical medicine doctor. Once again I was interrogated about the ** and what and when I use it or if I sell it. I felt it was a waste of a copy payment! He once again treated me like a drug addict. I left feeling violated and dirty.

Several days later I assume I had a bad reaction to the steroids. My back, side, stomach, and leg felt as if it was on fire and cramping also. I literally threw up until bile was all that was left. I ended up in the ER. I was told I was having a episode. They gave me **, and sent me home with nausea medicine and medication to stop the cramping. I emailed my doctor, called him, left three messages for him. He ignored them for four days. He let me suffer in agonizing pain. When he emailed me back, it was basically to call physical medicine. Mind you I was having STOMACH ISSUES. I switched doctors and was told she wanted me to be weaned off the **. I had no say in it. Period. I was re-drug tested.

I am done with Kaiser and their inhumane treatment. There is no excuse for the way I have been treated. I was left in pain, in so much pain I was throwing up and ignored. Treated like some junkie when my chronic pain is real. He is very aware if this. Then not to be given a choice if I want to stay on or off a pain medication. Should that not be my choice!? We are changing health plans. If this is the way people that just take a moderate pain medication are treated, I feel very bad for anyone that takes ** or other pain medication on a regular basis. I guess they do not care if you are in pain. Screw you Kaiser, especially you, Dr. **.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

I am writing this because I feel like I have no voice, especially with a huge entity like Kaiser. My son injured his shoulder in football and has been suffering great pain ever since. I brought my son into the orthopedics department (Arbor Ave, San Diego) on the 21st of September. We met with Doctor C who examined my 16 year old son told him that he would need surgery on his shoulder. He told us that he would look at the MRI we provided him with and call us back THE NEXT DAY. After 5 days went by, I called and left a message for Dr. C. It then took him exactly 1 week to call me back (now putting us at 2 weeks since the office visit which he promised to call back the next day). Unfortunately I was working when he called and I did not pickup. Dr. C's voicemail said is that he can't read the MRI and will have to figure out what to do from there. Why did it take over 2 weeks to discover this and why was I not called immediately?

I called Dr. C back within 30 minutes of his voicemail and of course had to leave another message for the doctor. Meanwhile my son is in pain and is nervous about a potential surgery that Dr. C told him he would need, and asking me what is going on and what he should do. Because of the Dr. C's non-responsiveness and the level of my son's pain, we had to make a decision on what to do. WE NOW WENT OUT OF NETWORK SO THAT MY SON COULD HAVE HIS OPERATION. Since decided to make an appointment with Scripps, who saw my son within a week and were able to schedule a surgery within 2 weeks after seeing the doctor. Perhaps this is what an HMO wants, for members to go out of network.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

For the last 7 years I have been taking pain medication for severe pain due to degenerative disc disease stenosis and arthritis in my entire spine. Today I was told that after all of these yrs of success with the pain medication, they are reducing it by 10% a month because of CDC guidelines. These guidelines were written as a guideline NOT MANDATORY. It took over a year to get the medication correct so I could get out of bed and be somewhat productive. Now I will be bedridden again and they don't care. I am confident they are reducing everybody's pain medication for 1 reason. TO REDUCE COST!

I HAVE BEEN A STELLAR PATIENT. I passed the many urine tests they required me to take. I always take as directed and never called in early with an excuse to get extra medication. Can they do this? They are a insurance company and provider. They are using the guideline as an excuse to make money without any concern of the patient's needs. How can I fight this. Somebody please help me before I am unable to get out of bed, unable to walk and unable to dress myself. What can I do??? I am permanently disabled as it is. Would you take away insulin from a diabetic. They are using the guideline as a rule of law, yet the CDC even said that if your patient is suffering do not make changes.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

This year after being seen by her MD during routine physical my daughter was referred over to what I was told was a "ear, nose and throat specialist". We attending the specialist appointment he the specialist prescribed antibiotics for a possible slight ear infection that my daughter never complained about or knew she had. He the doctor had us schedule a follow-up to be seen two months later. Today she paid that visit, I took the day off from work only for this doctor to tell me that he was going to refer her to a "ear, nose and throat specialist". I told him that I was told and under the impression that he was that person. He seemed to wiggle around the question and said that he wanted to send her to the best to see if he would recommend surgery.

At that very moment I felt swindled and taken advantage of. I paid for not one but two visits only to be referred to another specialist. Swindle because I got the impression that they must really think I have an unlimited number of financial resources and money just falls out of the sky. Well quite the contrary medical cost are high and they are careless of how they refer people. I never had this experience at other medical firms. If I was referred to a specialist that meant that the person I was seen by was the same person that would do the analysis refer to tests and make recommendations and if approved would perform the procedures (surgery etc). To be referred to a specialist with the same title within the same department gives me a lack of confidence and feels like a system that just kicks the can down the road.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

KAISER IS A DISGUSTING MEDICAL SOCIETY!!! I would give Kaiser of Colorado zero stars if I could. Kaiser is a monopoly of doctors who care only about their best interests and not their patients. Having our 3rd son, I have experienced the gomco circumcision and the plastibell. My second son, circumcised with a Kaiser Pediatrician only knew how to perform the PLASTIBELL. I went ahead with it because the gomco method used on my first son went well, so what could the difference really be? Well, there was a huge difference and going home with a ring tied around my son's foreskin caused not only discomfort for almost two weeks to him, but he didn't even want to nurse because leaning himself against me hurt him so much. He didn't want to lean or lay on me because of his plastibell cutting off blood circulation to the skin.

A few days into it, not only did he still not want to nurse much because of his discomfort, but he also started to bleed. Getting a hold of a Kaiser Doctor right away is Near IMPOSSIBLE. You end up waiting on the phone for 30 plus minutes just trying to get a hold of a nurse and then they don't have any useful advice other than take them to the emergency if you're concerned. Kaiser in Colorado is a joke and if you can go with any other insurance, do it. They don't care about a patient's best interest.

As I'm about to have my 3rd son in Colorado still under Kaiser that we pay a boat load for each month, Kaiser will not cover the gomco procedure and talking to various nurses and our Doctor, no one will help us. The best part is, every doctor at Kaiser told me Kaiser would not cover gomco. Kaiser in California gives you the choice between both circumcisions, but in Colorado, the greedy pediatricians out here decided that they would fight to take over the circumcisions because DOCTORS DON'T MAKE ENOUGH MONEY. Right?

What other reasoning is there considering that OBGYNS have done circumcisions since the beginning of modern medicine and now these greedy Kaiser pediatricians fought to take over for their best interest and Kaiser was too CHEAP to train them in both methods, only one. Kaiser is a disgusting medical model and should be avoided at all costs because they only care about their money and the money their physicians receive.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

Kaiser Permanente has provided one of the worse customer service experiences I have ever had, resulting in the termination of my account. I was paying my bill a few days after the month it was due, for instance for the coverage of May 1 to 31, I paid on June 6, 2016. I called Kaiser beforehand to ask if this is okay and I was told it was. When I tried to pay for the month of June in the beginning of the July, I found my account was "Termed." I called customer service and after a 45 minute wait and explanation, I was told that I had only paid from January until April, and thus, I was two months late and terminated appropriately. I was astounded as I thought I was paid through May. Then the phone hung up. I get a call back. I check the statements and find that I had paid through May. This agent refuses to believe me.

After 1.5 hours on the phone, while trying to make me write a complaint to a department I know will ignore me, she finally recognizes her blunder and decides to submit a reinstatement on my behalf. This was in July and I just needed to pay for June! I called every week after this, for at least 30 min to 1 hr conversations, where I was told to wait one week, two weeks, oh actually, it's a one month processing time; Finally, I get a voicemail saying my coverage was terminated appropriately. I call in shock and ask to pay FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE YEAR. I can't live without healthcare. No responses, no callbacks from the manager as promised. Kaiser: never again. I bought my healthcare plan through the marketplace. These plans are given a 60 day window to "make good on your payments." See attachment. None of these procedures were followed.

Additionally, the member services' complaint/grievances form doesn't allow for any punctuation at all, and does not disclose this information before a customer begins writing. This is clearly attempting to deter customers from submitting their complaints/grievances. I drafted my letter and had to meticulously go through each section to remove any punctuation. Absurd and obviously unjust.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

They bill for an annual exam which is supposed to be free and they add some extra tests be done that I was unaware of and did not authorize, and now it has been 6 months and the bill that they told me they would cancel simply continues to linger. They also send what they consider an itemized list that contains a list of "lab test", "lab test", "lab test" which is totally unacceptable. They contacted myself and my place of work agent to notify us that the bill would be "covered" and now deny it ever took place. I have been told there were notes on my account and most recently they are stating that there are no notes concerning the bill being covered. I can only assume that they are making everything as difficult as possible on purpose. Sounds like a case of trying to recover some costs on a "free" annual exam.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

It has taken TWO YEARS to get them to correct my address. Funny how the billing always showed up at the right place. Anyway, the two choices for life sustaining medications is a long wait at the pharmacy, watching the seasons change outside, or the crap shoot called the mail in thing. Just received my latest one, with one med. Ray ** clearly undercounted by at least a third, and most of the other one loose inside of the mailer (a dozen or so were in the sealed bottle), now in powdered form. This has literally become a life threatening issue. The "funny" thing is that this is for my blood pressure - GUESS WHY IT'S HIGH??!!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

"I am sorry we cannot give you a specific answer as to what is causing your sx. However, we are trying to rule out dangerous things that can cause harm and I am sorry you do not feel that way. We can meet again to discuss more if you want. However, if you feel that we are not providing you with the appropriate care, you are welcome to switch provider or insurance."

This is the email that my doctor sent me after I complained that my pain hasn't been helped not do they know what's causing it over 5 months later. I began leaking pus out of my ** btw and they won't run any tests except for obviously painful pelvic exams and ultrasounds. They told me that I don't have a bacterial infection...so their recommendation is to start physical therapy on Oct. 13th when my back hurts so bad that I can hardly get out of bed most days! I'm convinced at this point (since I've been bleeding for a year and a half since I had my son, they tell me it's normal) there's a possibility I could be infertile by now but all they're willing to do is switch up my birth control! And then this! So I'm supposed to just take pain pills and stay out of their office?! And then my doctor tells me to switch insurance companies. Maybe he's right because obviously you won't receive the care you pay for through Kaiser any more.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2016

My father in mid-Aug went to the E.R... Hollywood-Kaiser... with a lower dual legs bacterial infection and a small amount of fluid in the lower part of the lungs... Speaking, walking and coherent... He was admitted after briefing his medical history... which I witness firsthand... Later during a update by a doctor... she stated that he was giving for pain ** and **. I felt that this type of medication was too strong for a 86-year-old male who in his lifetime did not take anything stronger than **.

After a few days of daily briefing the infection was in submission and the fluids were dissipated... I wanted him discharged but the doctor wanted to try some other treatment for his lower legs. During the next week, under Kaiser 24 hrs care... he developed a large bed sore from their neglect to rotate him. He could not breathe on his own. Need oxygen. For the first time in his life... could not talk, swallow, or open his eye... Left eye 25% open. Kaiser was not forthcoming about his condition... just bits and pieces. Because of the family concerns about his treatment at Kaiser... he was brought home. As he requested a few years early... he had a hospital bed, 24 hrs nurse, oxygen... He died 13 hrs later... AUG 25 13:40 hrs.

The family was never update from Kaiser about his condition when he returned home... Only then the contract nurse stated my beloved father would be dead within 24 hrs. I strongly believe that under Kaiser care at the hospital there was extreme negligence on their part... without intent. My father was a asset to the United of America... worked at Hughes Aircraft on the satellite program till he retired... He deserved better treatment... Someone needs to be accountable.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

I was told by my doctor to call for my monthly refills days ahead to avoid any problems getting my prescription on the day that is due. So I send the email on 9/11/16 to pick up on 9/17/16 (Sat). I get a email back from Monica stating, "Please call the pharmacy for all refills at 1-866-319-4269." So I called the pharmacy and was told that no refill was authorized but will send a request. It's been back and forth many emails, calls, messages, pharmacy and was promise to get it resolved as an emergency.

Now is Friday and the doctor is not going to be in weekends and no prescription has been authorized. They have record of all this call, emails, etc, etc and still no one has called me and answer one simple answer "Is my medication authorized to be picked up on Saturday?" The pharmacy said that they are still waiting for the call to authorize the refill for this weekend. I have been asking for a supervisor or anyone in the doctor's floor and they just told me that "They'll call you." This medication I have been using for several years. They know I have always follow the rules. I never pick up the medication early.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

Terrible customer service by a woman named Grace (represents Northern California Kaiser) who supposedly is an advice nurse. I called to talk to an advice nurse (grace) simply to tell her that both my kids are ill. Not only did she not listen to me when I tried to explain to her that both of my kids are sick as opposed to just one, but she transferred my personal information that I discussed with her to the wrong department! She for some reason couldn't grasp that both of my kids are sick as she never noted this in her comments to the Doctor! She was rude, had an attitude for no reason, no empathy for my two very young children and the worst customer service. It's people like her that made my decision to no longer stay with Kaiser. Sadly, out of my 32 years of experience with Kaiser, I no longer have faith in this healthcare business as this was the last straw in the numerous complaints I have had with their TERRIBLE customer service.

Side Note: In just the past 5 years, they have somehow managed to overcharge me for my 1st pregnancy (had to jump through fiery hoops to get this fixed) and I developed a rash from the beds there (RWC location), they gave me an epidural with my 2nd pregnancy and it never worked when that was my only birth plan (!!), I had a previous incident of a customer service rep being rude for no reason. Another incident was my son's speech therapy being delayed due to miscommunication with doctors and membership services. Thankfully, after being evaluated by another doctor, I was told he didn't need it, but then I get a phone call from them asking me when to set up an appointment. (Did they not communicate this?!)

I had a cyst removed from my arm and now I have a huge scar. People see it and tell me that it should not look this way and that the doctor/surgeon did a terrible job - I have people telling me to get it checked out since it looks so bad. I'm over and done with you Kaiser, I should of have listened to the others telling me that Kaiser is the WORST!!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

Extremely disappointed by the service provided by the Vision Essentials group at the Kaiser facility in Colorado Springs. After calling to confirm that we had vision benefits (and being assured that Kaiser provided discount benefits to members) my wife and I scheduled a contact lens exam. We arrived, paid our $40 copay and had our exam. Afterwards we were asked to pay another $120 because, apparently contact lens exams are not covered under our plan. $160 dollars so far not so bad. Then we get a bill in the mail for another $436.90 for our eye exam!

I understand that perhaps eye exams were not covered under our plan, but why were we not told this when we called for authorization? Or when we paid our deductible? (btw, doesn't a deductible imply that you have coverage? Otherwise wouldn't they just ask for the whole sum upfront). Anyway, now we are in for $596.90 for two eye exams. Any optometrist in town will do that procedure for half that price. We'd never have had those exams at Kaiser if we had any idea what they would try to charge. Absolute gouging! Dropped Kaiser and glad. Will be sharing this on Facebook, Yelp and Twitter too.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2016

We hate Kaiser! For months we've gotten the runaround with my granddaughter who is 22 months old. She is visually impaired with ONH, from that comes a lot of picky eaters she also is allergic to so many things. Long story short she has been suffering from a diaper rash that wouldn't go away since December, all they could say is it's from the diaper not allow her to air out, too much moisture. For months they threw at my daughter so many creams. Her bottom was so red and raw, the baby would scream. Long story short they never tested her blood or any test for that matter. Everyone could see there was something not right with the baby, she was so pale pasty with no energy.

Finally after months of going to the hospital with even being admitted a few times did they not detected the deficiencies in zinc, iron and so much more. This baby already suffers from her vision and why put her through more. Now she is at roseville's hospital for almost a week maybe longer with a feeding tube. The nurses are so rude! We only dealt with a couple of nice ones. I can go on and on about the care kaiser provides and the pharmacy isn't any better. They prescribed the since on Aug 15th, when my daughter went to pick it up they said they didn't have it, it was something that was over the counter. No it wasn't! It took them 2 weeks to get it and compound it to the milligrams she needed. Dealing with kaiser has been a horrible experience, nightmare! We have to have it because that's what her father's carry.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

My father was diagnose with brain cancer on father's day. Doctor told me take him home let him do what he wants. He had six months or less. Meet by hospice the day of days release. That's when the horror started. First his stay was horrible to treat a person with brain cancer like my father was. An animal at a shelter was treated better than my father, he was strapped to a chair for over 6 hrs no food. No bathroom, his hands were so dirty etc. then hospice. Doctor told me not to tell my father it was best. Well hospice sure thought they needed to tell him.

Everyday was a fight when they came into the home. Doctor Rebecca ** was horrible Gretchen ** was horrible chaplain Sharon ** was horrible. Karen ** the list goes on. The day my father passed he was in so much pain the doctor refused to give him his meds. The nurse came and left in tears due to my father and his treatment. My father didn't even make it a month. To date Sept 1, 2016 I have gotten nothing but the run around. I just don't want anybody else to go through the horrible so called care my father did. No family or family member should go through this. I was told by Kaiser I had a bad team. Really in hospice there is a good and bad team. And if anybody has hospice and not happy you can switch. Never let them think you can't. You have that right to switch.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

Since the end of May 2016, I started out with a bladder infection. My doctor, at Fremont, Ca, Kaiser, Dr. Sarah **, just listed in my chart that stress was my medical issue. So, neither her, or several other providers, including Kaiser ERs, would treat me. They all said, go see a psychiatrist. Well, I had to go out of Network, and in the meantime I suffered from Hepatitis A, multiple kidney stones, hypothyroidism, and immune deficiency, Celiac disease, and intestinal infection, as well as ulcerative colitis. I was hospitalized twice in July, not at Kaiser, as they all literally laughed at me, after Dr. Sarah ** dropped me as a patient.

Then, after I called member services to complain about her and other doctors treatment, Dr. ** cancelled my already ready medication. Then when I called told pharmacy to call her supervisor, she called my meds into an out of town pharmacy. I almost died. Too bad for Dr. Sarah ** and Kaiser I didn't. Because I have the printed proof of her faked phone appointment with me, which they have since erased. Phony records to begin with, now have been erased... Thanks Kaiser, I'm still fighting for my life... They have not figured out the rest yet.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

I have asked Kaiser to stop calling me to have a mammogram for about 15 years. I've filed complaints 3 times with member services. Member services says "It's for my own good" and agrees with the policy to keep calling. I changed my telephone number, so they started calling my son at work to tell me to have a mammogram. I have spoken with the manager at the radiology lab and asked them not to call over and over again. They told me they will not stop. What can I do to get these calls to stop?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

Took two months to get online access since I had insurance and just needed additional for my son. No one followed up in the 5 or so calls I made, and I was paying for services I couldn't really use. Then when I canceled, they continued to bill and I have been fighting them for 4 months to get my money back. I have sent them proof of insurance 2 times now, and no one has bothered to follow up. You also can't cancel or communicate unless by paper snail mail. No fax no email. What is this, 1980? It's a slap in the face that I had to pay for this service at all. By the way, I don't use most conventional medicine and would not need insurance so Obamacare hurts my family and bank and wallet. The healthy pay for the sick to be cared for. Thanks a lot.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

I have been back and forth with my psychiatrist for the last 3 weeks. Each time, she puts me on a new medication. NONE of which are specifically for anxiety and panic disorder. I've been put on an ** (with zero results), an ** (again, no results) and then an ** that nearly sent me to the hospital because of my reaction. Their solution? Put me on ANOTHER ** with no back up or complementary medication like a ** or something similar to cope with the panic attacks - especially if the ** can take 6-10 weeks to finally kick in. My doctor ignored my final emails requesting either a new medication or a complementary one just in case, and proceeded to prescribe the ** anyways. This will be the FIFTH prescription I will most likely waste money on and have a to throw away because they can't get it right the first time, or listen to their patients concerns.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

I have had fibromyalgia for 20 years and my former doctor has managed it for the past 12 years with 7.5 mg of ** at bedtime. I take no other drugs or pain killers. Within the past three months Kaiser's inexperienced know-it-all doctors and administrative staff have demanded I take a stronger more dangerous drug of **. When I refused, they took me off my medication. Now I've gained 20 pounds, can't sleep, glad to quit work and am in constant pain. These monsters should be fired! They cite side effects. ** has far worse side effects than a good night's sleep and health management. According to the Mayo Clinic, ** is a known protocol drug for fibromyalgia and has less side effects than **. Crazy maniacs at work!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

Myself, my mother and my father have all belonged to KP for DECADES. Actually, I got wise to them after three years and cancelled and went to a REAL insurance company. Kaiser made lots of money on my Mom and Dad, as they didn't get ill until they were in their 90's and KP had received all of their Medicare money for all of that time. Dad is gone now. Even though his Dad died of prostate cancer, KP never checked him until he was having problems and his numbers were a whopping 115 (normal is about 2). So Dad dies and now Mom is getting the same runaround. A nice doctor that she can NEVER GET IN TOUCH WITH AND RARELY SEE.

Her latest problem is a blood pressure (after a recent heart attack they didn't find) is low, low blood pressure. She has emailed her doctor and that is just a cylindrical file that goes directly to the trash. I looked at all of the medications she was receiving and about 3/4 of them she did not need. Who gives a person THREE blood pressure medications when they have low bp? Cholesterol for a 90 year old that has been scanned and has no plague. The list goes on. So I wrote the doctor and told him that on a certain date I was going to start weaning her off of medications. NO ANSWER.

I weaned her off. She has recently called... oh that is a good one... calling KAISER. EVERY SINGLE KAISER IN CA HAS THE SAME NUMBER THAT YOU DIAL. TWO MILLION PEOPLE CALLING ONE NUMBER... It's really fun. Of course, rarely does anyone answer. And no one answers the messages you leave. Mom's recent email about bp at 80 over 50 was very upsetting. No answer. So I went to a nurse and she told me to take her off of the blood pressure meds (I had already read up and taken her off of the extra one) and keep checking her bp until it starts to rise. So that is what I'm doing.

If she gets a heart attack or stroke I'm suing Kaiser to the hilt! Right now all I can do is warn all of you out there to NOT GO TO KAISER! Now that Obamacare has come into existence Kaiser sees another way to make money. All of the Welfare and Disability patients aren't enough for them... Now they want all of the Obamacare patients too. So, as a result, she NEVER gets to see her own doctor and he NEVER answers his emails and she can't get KP to answer the phone... much worse than it was before... if that is possible.

So I am telling you, people, DO NOT SIGN UP FOR KAISER. They say they need 10,000 more doctors to fill their quota (they is the Kaiser Doctors and Kaiser nurses). They don't have enough facilities to take care of the huge amount of people they have. Also, I was told by a Kaiser doctor... THIS IS THE BIG ONE, that they get paid bonuses by the amount of lab tests and procedures they DON'T DO. The less they do, the bigger their bonus. If they are bad and actually treat people, NO BONUS. I didn't just make this up. I was told this by a Kaiser Doctor! So, what do YOU think? Want to try Kaiser?

Kaiser Permanente Insurance Company Information