Kaiser Permanente Insurance

Kaiser Permanente Insurance

1.3/5 (33 ratings)
Find a Health Insurance partner

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

About Kaiser Permanente Insurance

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Kaiser Permanente Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaiser Permanente Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaiser Permanente?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I just have to share how amazing everyone at Kaiser in Roseville is. I went in the other day at 3am, sadly having to drag my poor daughter with me. I ended up having really painful side effects from my IUD. Everyone I came in contact with went out of their way to make my daughter and I as comfortable as possible. They got us in right away, and brought us an extra bed for her ♡. They also brought her crackers, apple juice, and coloring stuff. They ran a bunch of test to make sure I was ok and it wasn't anything serious. Test came back fine, then finally the OBGYN Dr came down and helped me remove the IUD, which they could have said, it wasn't an emergency and to come back. But she wasn't busy, so she came down. And like I suspected, that was the root to all my pain. Thank you, to all the employees at Kaiser for all their top service. Especially those who were able to make my daughter and I so comfortable.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

If you are a parent dealing with Kaiser when you have a child that has complicated symptoms can be a nightmare. To begin my daughter has had repeated visits to different doctors at Kaiser for at least the last five years for stomach and headache related concerns. These were suggested to be a normal complaint for children or possibly anxiety related. My repeated request for imaging to be done was pushed away as unnecessary to expose her to. Finally after all the ignorance of ignoring her symptoms my daughter has started to have neurological symptoms that resulted in an ER visit where the verbal suggestions were possible multiple sclerosis and should see a neurologist and have an MRI. I requested the possible suggested diagnosis be documented but upon review of her records it was not. I changed her pediatric doctor and clinic to who after reading reviews I thought would be a great doctor.

Wow after a review of my daughters records the doctor criticized me for being so demanding and suspects that wonderful child syndrome is in play Whatever that means. I was also criticized in the records for not allowing the second dose of the HPV shot because symptoms seemed to get worse after her first dose. One thing did come out of that visit my daughter did see a great neurologist who actually listened and did the needed MRI which sadly shows 6 brain lesions and we are now playing a wait and see game to see a multiple sclerosis specialist and my request for a timely appointment are being ignored. In her record it states I am the one who suspects the multiple sclerosis as if I invented this, when it should be documented that the ER gave the suggestion. I am learning a lot while we wait. No family or child should have to go through this.

I started looking up doctors on the state doctors website and one of the doctors my daughter was sent to that put off her 20 day periods as normal and offered birth control as the Fix has already had an arbitration Malpractice award against her. Kaiser’s slogan when they send those reviews to patients say "Good is not Good enough." I can’t even say that my daughter has received good care. Multiple Sclerosis is incurable and if that’s what she has then Kaiser is to blame fully as being negligent. I pray it’s something else but time will only tell as Kaiser plays the wait game with us despite me filing a grievance almost one month ago. Kaiser doctors can continue to criticize me for being an advocate for my child when they have continued to fail her but as her mother I will continue to fight for her well being because that is my job as her mother.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Got a simple ordinary eye exam at Kaiser. Our plan calls for us paying 80% of this cost. No physical glasses or contacts were purchased. Just the eye exam. The cost was $314 for this exam. We had to pay $262. There was even a lab charge for this exam. What an exorbitant rate considering what other eye doctors charge. Kaiser is pitiful.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I have been on KP Insurance for most of my life, childhood and on, and I've had some experiences. These doctors have earned my contempt for sure over the years. Most certainly, one of my most awful experience was with a KP gynecologist, when I was 17. I'd gone in for a bacterial infection and learned I was pregnant. Pretty heavy for a teenager. This Dr proceeded to tell me if I wanted to go to college and not ruin my life, to get an abortion. Besides that, I had an "abnormal" pap smear, and had her nurse call and harass me for months after! What a weirdo!

This is just one experience out of several... Oh, and did I mention that a KP doctor is partly responsible for taking too long to get my mother to see a specialist for her liver. Instead he kept having her try different medications and she had a huge red basket full by the time he was done dicking her around! So finally a liver specialist... to tell her, "You've got 6 months to live... Why didn't you come in sooner!" And now, not only has KP contributed to my mother's death, but now I'm not sure if my daughter's death was purely accidental because NO one ever answers an e-mail with real answers! THANK YOU to the Oregon/Washington Kaiser Permanente Doctors!!! You all suck!

Original review: July 29, 2018

My previously healthy brother was constantly going to emergency rooms, and making appointments for his primary provider the last year of his life. It's criminal how Kaiser let his health decline by NON-TREATMENT / NEGLIGENCE. It seems like his doctors were all about saving costs. In the hospital, doctors rotate EVERY WEEK. WHY??? To prevent a doctor-patient relationship? The doctors might actually try to help the patients if they get to know them - causing increased costs.

My brother felt horrible, was very weak (to point of not driving), he had abdominal pain, nausea, bruising, intermittent confusion (normally sharp mentally - civil engineer). Kaiser did nothing, but say he had "vertigo" (dizziness) and send him home. VERTIGO IS A SYMPTOM NOT A DIAGNOSIS! His last month of life we family/wife were taking him to the ER 4-5 times a week. He was finally admitted on a Thursday, almost discharged home that Sunday, then on Wednesday we were told he had one week to live. He died of "Hepatorenal syndrome" caused by an acute inflammation of the liver 6 days later.

When he was admitted, lab work showed he had normal kidney function. He developed kidney failure in the hospital. Nothing was done to prevent it, or treat it. He/we knew nothing of liver impairment until 6 days before his death, but his hospital and doctor visits for the prior year were all related to liver impairment symptoms. My brother was not a spring chicken, but he was too young to die!!! He had a wife, 3 children, and very young grandkids. Both parents and 6 siblings, including his twin brother, who we are very worried about because of the depth of this traumatic experience to him - all are grieving him. WHY??? Because Kaiser would rather save money than have costs from diagnosing and treating a sick person.

Original review: July 27, 2018

My Doctor put in an urgent referral for a wound nurse and for me to call the next day to see what time a nurse would come out. I called Home Health and the lady, Patricia who schedules nurses said I'd have to wait another 24 hours. I said Doctor put urgent and he said a nurse would be out in 24 hrs. She said she does the schedules and Doctor can't tell her when to schedule and she doesn't go by urgent. I said she needed to call Doctor as I will also call him. She said not a problem she will call Doctor and tell him not to give time frames. I am in horrible pain and can't get to E.R. This isn't the first time Home Health hasn't been able to do their job. They need to train these people and remind them we are paying their salaries, they don't pay me. If you have choice not to pick Kaiser definitely DON'T choose them. Just horrible service all around.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I have had two medical needs for which I have sought help from Kaiser since my employer switched to them to save money. It is very clear that you get what you pay for. After waiting for birth control for two months, I am still using the diaphragm I've had since 2006. The bumbling incompetence of everyone I spoke to about getting a new one, in which process I learned that most doctors at Kaiser don't know anything about them, and those that do, do not communicate with the others about how patients can go about getting one, has been astounding.

I have also had severe neck pain that makes me unable to turn my head for the past month, and have asked my provider for a referral to a chiropractor. My provider, after standing me up for a phone appointment and failing to respond to several of my emails, finally sent a referral to the referral department. Another 10 days, and my referral came through... To a chiropractor that told me they are not in-network for Kaiser. I give up on getting health care from Kaiser. I'm going to just try not to get sick until we get a reasonable administration and Congress and we get Medicare for All, which is the only sane alternative to our dysfunctional for-profit health care system.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I have always been on PPO but switched to Kaiser Permanente because my Family goes there and it is close to home. Now I can't wait for open enrollment to run back to PPO. At Kaiser I was falsely accused of positive urine test results for Narcotics. I asked for a retest and was given one and again they said it was the same. I requested the test results and was told I could see them on the Patient website. This was over 2 months ago and still no results. Due to these "positive" test results. My Dr. Stopped my sleeping medication - I have suffered from Insomnia for many years. I emailed the Dr requesting my medicine and it was denied. I don't know why this test was done to begin with. Is the Patient suppose to be notified?

It's been almost 4 months since this happened. My Mother passed away late May and with my Bereavement, I sleep no more than 3 hours a night. Before my Mother passed away, I saw my Dr. For excessive anxiety (my Mom was on Hospice at home) and still no sleep. I requested something for the anxiety. I felt I was going to have a heart attack. Again, my request was denied. Her response was "I am not going to prescribe narcotics." Instead she recommended I go see a psychiatrist. (I was grieving.) I don't and have never been a drug user. My work does random drug tests throughout the year. I would not jeopardize my job. I am very disappointed and can't wait to get another Ins. I've read some reviews on here and see how many people go through the exact same thing... Why are they allowed to do this?

They take our $$ by way of co payments and of course medication that they want to give us... Not what we need. If a procedure or test is needed, they say no. My Mother requested a D-Dimer test to check for blood clots in her legs due to pain and was told she didn't need it because she didn't have them. After she got a new Dr. The test was performed and it was positive for blood clots. MRI was done (at my Sister in law's request) and it took forever to get it. We had to take her to the ER because she also had blood clots in her lungs... This whole time they wasted could have kept my Mother here longer (wishful thinking). The MRI results showed a mass in her pancreas and liver. Stage 4 pancreatic cancer. We lost her 3 weeks later.

Kaiser knows what my Family and I have gone through. I am going to Counseling and was told I needed my sleep to function when I return to work. I agree and through this painful time in my life with no sleep and anxiety. I still can't get the help I need and have requested from Kaiser. I am given medication that does very little or nothing to help. I hope and pray to God that nothing happens while I am commuting to work.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Went to see Dr ** for my minor child's physical and she asked if she could see her privately, which I said ok to and then the doctor tried to actively sell her on the HPV vaccine when I had said we are still doing our research on it and did not want it yet. Doctors should not be undermining parents.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I had a fall that resulted in 5 bulging discs in my lumbar spine. I have been seen by Kaiser Pain Management three times. The first time I entered the office in tears and was "There is nothing we can do for you." The 2nd time they tried a facet joint injection which worsened the pain. The 3rd time the increased a medication that I was later told by a surgeon should have never been prescribed. Now they are not offering any other options. Why call yourself pain management when you are not able to manage the pain and offer nothing? I am disgusted!

Original review: July 19, 2018

Kaiser is one big bureaucracy where they treat you more or less like a unit to go through a production line rather than a human being. I have upcoming surgery. They won't tell me the time. They won't tell me post op instructions. They are unprofessional, bureaucratic, and anything connected with them involves delay and problems. The only advantage is they are cheap. Go elsewhere if you can.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Kaiser confuses members by not making it clear if your policy covers durable medical equipment. If get medical coverage through your employer you're covered with DME, if you buy Kaiser Insurance on your own you don't have the option you are not covered for their durable medical equipment nor allowed to buy a plan that covers DME.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I sent I two payments one for May and one for June, so Kaiser closed my account due to late payments on April 30 2018? But accepted my payments on May 24 and June 24 2018. First the reason was late payment, then to overpayment, they sent the payment for June and said that May payment was applied to April but my account was closed? Talk about lies and stealing your money. Somebody needs to investigate this company because they seem to cancel after they receive your payments.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Over 10 years and 100 hours of meetings and nutritionists and psychiatrists and specialists and they still refuse to do the gastric bypass. I started this journey before I had type 2 diabetes, sleep apnea, arthritis and knee and back pain. I recognized that I needed drastic measures before my body degenerated. I have been a Kaiser member for decades in Northern California. In the time I have been in the program, multiple friends in other health care programs have had their surgeries within 6 months of their BMI measurements.

This group is a cluster suck. Take for example the goal weight. You are overweight with a morbidly obese body mass index and they ask you to lose 10 percent of your body weight. For many this is 40-50 pounds! They say that it is to make the surgery safe but that is bull crap because they do that same surgery for people twice your size regularly. Then they make you meet with a psychiatrist who will tell you that you know why you are overweight like they did me.

Meetings with nutritionists are cancelled after you have driven 45 minutes plus to get to their remote locations for your meetings. The orientation is 4 hours with no breaks. I could go on and on. You are better off choosing a different insurance carrier where you are treated with respect and not like you are a burden to their statistics. All they care about is presenting barriers to your success in getting ANY SURGERY.

Original review: July 11, 2018

You're going to have to call every single day, or showing up all the time, and keep repeating the same information, jumping through a ton of hoops to get a hold of anyone, because their website and apps are constantly down. Then when you get a hold of someone, they tell you they are booked for over a month... even with dozens of locations across my area and completely empty waiting rooms. So I finally pushed to get an urgent appointment by saying some magic code words probably - but at a place that looks like the dingiest Principal's Office and they have you fill out paperwork that looks like it's from a fax machine from 1995, then other questions on an iPad. The receptionist isn't helpful or warm, and looks like she just got hit by a bus.

Then I was matched with someone who didn't have any background training in my diagnosis, wouldn't even let me transfer files from my other doctor on my decades of background, and didn't even do the Kaiser intake properly. Which I had to make 3 MORE appointments for, for some reason. The doctor also kept steering me down random leading questions and drudging about abuse stories, without giving proper adequate empathetic care, and without answering any of my questions about what I came in for. When I started crying from annoyance, the doctor gave me a new diagnosis that I clearly do not have and slapped it onto my Kaiser records. To look like she's doing something, presumably. So the process had to start all over again, after I issued a formal complaint.

I have a Mensa level IQ, am mid-level-functioning, and I am usually a very kind woman. I can't believe they left me more broken and vulnerable than when I went in there. I honestly kind of feel badly for these people. Anyway, I continued paying a good Specialist outside of Kaiser, out of pocket in the hundreds, so I can continue the medication that I actually need to function, while trying to stay patient with Kaiser's poor systems design runarounds. Kaiser is like a 50-operators hydra-serpent Medusa that wants you to turn to stone and simply go away, so they can continue to surf Facebook. I don't want to yell on the phone like a child - but eventually they leave me with no choice.

Crying or yelling at them is the only way to get an appointment in the time that is actually necessary to fill the needed prescriptions, or for other important psychiatric matters that they fail to follow up with anyway, even after the 15 promised days. Talk about negligence. All they seem to talk about is "are you suicidal yet? Are you suicidal yet? Are you suicidal yet?" NO! I'm not and never was, but oh my goodness... how they could be driving others that way, like my career mentor and cherished friend who did commit suicide quickly, under their so called "care". That's why it says "IF IT'S AN EMERGENCY CALL 911" all over their website. Because they are admitting that they are completely and utterly incompetent, untimely, and worsen all symptoms.

Meanwhile months later, I'm still just trying to get my prescriptions transferred at the minimum. I'm waking up 4 hours earlier than usual tomorrow, so that I can meet an appointment that POOF... magically appeared after complaining enough. I don't usually talk like this, but I am so annoyed. If I have such a hard time getting through, then imagine all the lower-functioning people or poorer people who can't get afford a backup plan, who are blatantly suffering daily or needlessly dying on their Kaiser plans!!! It is inexcusable. I should have paid $50 extra per month and just went with a different provider individual plan. Which I'm even considering again, if tomorrow doesn't go smoothly. As I will have to!!!

Original review: July 9, 2018

Almost 6 years ago, I hurt my back. I have so many things wrong with it. At the time, I didn't have Kaiser, but a fantastic insurance that covered everything and the people were very helpful. In the beginning, I had cortisone shots, nerve blockers, RFA, PT and Pain Mgmt Drugs. When my Dr at the Spine Institute realized nothing was helping, I was set up for an appointment with a surgeon who was willing to do surgery. A week before my appointment, our insurance was changed to Kaiser. I had to jump through all the hoops of shots and pain meds again, including as going so far as to be put on the **patch (70 Mg patch every 72 hours), **(300 mg 3X a day), **, ** AND ** (3 X a day) ALL AT ONCE.

After a few months I refused any more prescriptions and insisted something be done. I was referred once again to PT and told to "Lose weight, you'll be fine."

5 years later, I can't stand the pain anymore. The MRI shows that I have encroachment on the nerves and narrowing of the spinal canal, it says it on the results but no one will do anything about it. Pain Management, lose weight and PT is the recommendation yet again. The surgeon says "Nothing is pressing on the spine or causing nerve pain." Seriously?? It's right there in black and white in the test results!!!

They insist that the numbness in my foot is diabetic neuropathy. However, when I twist my back a certain way, that foot and leg come shooting back to life with tingling and pain. How is that related to my diabetes? We buy our Insurance through the Health Exchange and will now be looking for a different company. I am not about to go through the rest of my life living in constant pain and having narcotics shoved down my throat. (which, by the way, they were refusing to refill my anxiety meds, but wanted to give me opioids, cause THAT makes sense.) I strongly recommend that if you are giving the choice of Kaiser or any other insurance.. take the other insurance. Kaiser is not worth the pain in the butt (literally!!!).

Original review: July 6, 2018

5 years ago I had a bunion procedure, the treatment plan was changed during the surgery by the dr. He decided to break my toe and shave the bone from the “inside”, when it was to be done on the outside bone. I have a screw in my toe now. After the procedure, I followed up with the dr and told him my foot was dark blue. He took a picture of it and sent to a dermatologist because he didn’t know what was causing the discoloration of my foot. I never heard back from him and was referred to another specialist who offered to make “corrections”. When searching for an Atty. I couldn’t find one to take on a malpractice case against Kaiser. The dr was transferred to another area. I’m still at Kaiser but will be trying to change insurances now. Beware, Kaiser is an HMO plan that has doctors who graduated at the lowest of the class in medical school.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I'm offended. I had a false positive drug test for ** and asked for a retest. Now they want another drug screen and won't give me results. They are really rude. When I asked for my test results and complained to member services they sent me to records management.

Original review: July 3, 2018

My family and I moved to Northern California few years back. I was already set on changing medical plans but my husband insisted we just give them another chance coming from The Bay Area. I don't have the best health and I am anemic. Once my labs were in and my old doctor would contact me and send in for iron infusion. Anemia basically sucks the life out of you no energy and feeling horrible. My kids are under 10 so I need to be ok. Well I have been anemic numbers the lowest they have been in years and spoke to my doctor and he is like "Ya you take extra vitamins and we will check you again in 6 months." Another time went to ER a few weeks ago had a fever, vomiting and face going numb. Got there took my vitals went to the back sat I a chair. A female doctor came in and said, "Let me swipe your throat. I think you have STREP." No joke!

She did not look in my ear, listen to my heart, ask me anything. She said I'm going to give you antibiotics and I said, "Well when will I know if it's positive?" She said "You Won't since I'm just gonna treat you with antibiotics." I spent a whole 3 minutes with her said one sentence. UNBELIEVABLE!!! Just shove medication/antibiotics down me without knowing whats wrong???? There are many other incidences that I just can't go into. That was the last straw. I'm already tired. I don't have the energy to allow these doctors to expect my health to take a back seat. They are all in the same network read the same notes and really do not care. I am done with Kaiser's choice in not educating these doctors regularly on how to be good doctors compassionate and understanding. It is almost non existent to have good honest and quality care. I have changed plans hope it goes into effect soon.

Original review: July 3, 2018

If you are an addict Kaiser has programs for you. But if you are already on ** for chronic pain, be prepared to get nothing at Kaiser. Maybe after several weeks months of jumping through hoops. Be prepared to detox if becoming a new Kaiser patient.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Kaiser is like Walmart. As long as all you want is toothpaste or toilet paper it’s fine. But if you want a good pair of shoes, a nice suit or a new chair for your living room, Walmart is not the place to shop. Same is true of Kaiser. If all you want is for a GP to order routine tests, prescribe generic prescriptions and check your BP and weight each year, you'll probably give Kaiser 5 stars. But run into anything a wee bit complex with your labs and, IMH and very sad experience, the GPs at Kaiser do not know what they are doing and are likely to miss the issue altogether.

I had three blood labs run which showed a high alert for a blood issue which was way outside of Kaiser's standard range. My GP did not even notice. This issue impacted my energy level and I had been complaining about fatigue for three years. I finally researched the information myself and yep, one of the common effects of this blood issue was fatigue. All that was required to fix it was a simple blood draw called a phlebotomy. It differs only from a blood donation only in that after the blood draw, labs are need to be run to see how much the issue was improved. Kaiser would not do this and recommended that I simply donate blood somewhere else! How's that for a treatment?

In addition to not catching the issue to begin with, three of the labs required needed to be fasting labs done first thing in the morning according to Kaiser's own lab guidelines. I was not told this and all three labs were done after lunch in the afternoon so the results were really meaningless. In the past when I did not need much I would have voted KP a 4 or 5 star rating. Now...1-2. Like Amazon is waking up Walmart, Kaiser needs to realize that there are now new health care providers who are providing good, nonbureaucratic health care at a reasonable price.

I have left KP and will never return because I am certain that it cannot change. It is now a bloated bureaucratic organization structured in such a way that no one involved in healthcare has a personal stake. In a small office, everyone treats a patient both as a patient and a customer because they don't want to lose the business. KP however is so damn big that individual medical practitioners worry only about satisfying the bloated beast that feeds them.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Recently went thru stressful body challenges and was sent to a dozen different tests, blood panels, ultrasounds, cyst drain, endometrial biopsy (no pain meds administered), physical (had to ask Dr to review my file?) and they cannot figure out what is causing excessive bleeding. Asked for hormone testing and was told no? Looking at my bills it seems that they just bounce you around with no intention on you getting better, paid quite a bit in copays and fees. Not one Dr. has reached out with concern or worry, just the template here is the long list of meds you can take (for life!) or surgery. Saddened at this whole experience esp as I still don't know what's wrong. Horrified at this approach and the many stuck in the merry go round to milk your pocket book. Change insurance if you can, Kaiser truly does not care nor want you to get better.

Original review: June 12, 2018

When I first signed up I got calls and welcome packages and they would call to make sure I was all good. Once I started using my expensive meds that they covered I noticed they got more cold. I knew it was real when their electronic payment protocol stopped taking my payments. I was fighting to pay them my premium since it was now late because of their site, they then used that late payment to say they couldn’t reinstate me. Even look at their app and see if you can find a way to pay your bill. Money hungry company who will let you die before they help you.

Original review: June 9, 2018

You are instructed once on exercises to be done at home, then referred to internet app where you notify Kaiser that you have done the exercises. After creating account, I used app. My exercises are prescribed to be done 2-3 times daily, but when I logged in to document I did my second session, the site is frozen. It only lets you document once daily, so, you will probably get admonished on MD visit for not doing your exercises. I tried to delete my account, and there was no way to do so.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I cannot believe how complicated this system is! They want me to give a credit card for my prescription but won't know how much it is until I pay for it. Seriously? I took 2 weeks and several phone calls on hold to find a Dr. I was told no payment for blood test. Now have $100 bill for the test etc etc.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I love Kaiser Permanente Insurance's website and the easy access to my doctor through email. She is always prompt and helpful in answering. I also love the easy access to reports and information.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I injured my knee 9/2017 and went to my primary care doctor who took x-rays and said no bones are broken. I requested a referral to the orthopedic department where the doctor "confirmed" what the primary care doc had said. No bones may be broken but something is wrong because the pain is intense. In April 2018, I finally convinced the orthopedic doc to take an MRI. He goes, "Oh, you have a torn meniscus and need surgery to repair this." He sent an email with the OR scheduler's information. I was told that the doctor had not put in the order!!! And to make things worst, I was told he had no availability until the end of August.

I made several attempts for requesting the OR surgery submission. Today 6/1, I was told the doc is off until Wed. and a note will be left in his box. This SOB has not responded to any of my contacts. I asked to speak to the Chief of Orthopedics Dr. **. At this point, I definitely do NOT want Dr. ** performing surgery on my leg. I will never trust somebody with my life when I have to go over their head to get something done. Kaiser used to be great. I had this insurance for 12+ years. Today I do not recommend Kaiser to anyone.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I had surgery in the Lone Tree Orthopedics Department to repair a torn bicep tendon. After surgery, I told the doctor twice that something didn't feel right, and he assured me that all was fine. I asked three times about PT, since everything I had read on this surgery stated that PT was necessary, but he told me I didn't need it and wouldn't refer me. Several months after I was cleared, I returned to the office to see a different doctor, and he told me that my tendon was not attached and that it was now too late to fix it. I was bounced to another doctor in the office who, after two weeks, finally told me that he would not do the surgery either. I was bounced to a third doctor at a different location, who, thankfully, did agree to do the surgery.

Kaiser continued to charge me for these second and third opinions, and their member services offered no solution, assistance, or support. Instead, I received a form letter that simply repeated my concerns and stated that the appropriate departments would be notified of these concerns. I was hoping that someone from the Lone Tree offices or from member services would simply say, "We're sorry that this happened, and, if you want to attempt a second surgery, we'll support you with our best orthopedic surgeon and our best aftercare," but, of course, no one from either entity ever said that. I would never recommend the Lone Tree Kaiser location to anyone. The lack of accountability and quality care made my experience with them horrible in every way.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I have had Kaiser for years in Virginia through my mother's plan. I feel lucky to be covered, but their system is NOT nearly as user friendly as they pride themselves upon. After one late payment because of a system error through billing, they immediately removed total access. I get that this could be a setting, but it has been a YEAR trying to return access of self-service appointments and prescription refills. Countless phone calls. Still do not have access to it. That means I get to sit through an automated phone process and rude support people (8/10 times) for this problem to still be an issue. And Kaiser mental health? ** believably annoying. Made an appointment for the end of June in MARCH of this year. Okay, whatever. I get a call mid-May told the provider will be out of town, giving me a number to reschedule.

Okay... Call the number and it's a random number. Literally. Finally called today to reschedule because I was so pissed. I waited about two weeks (my bad, whatever) and get told mid-July is when I can first get an appointment. But you all CANCELLED MY APPOINTMENT? Why wasn't I put in the next slot? Why weren't appointments moved to compensate the WEEK my provider took off? I think it's totally ** to cancel someones psychiatric appointment and not have a second option for them. Five plus years with this insurance and I am more disgusted and displeased with them every ** day. Their online system, behavioral health, and customer service is a joke. Providers are fine. Wish I had more options. Difficult to get referrals.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Overbilling. I have the Affordable care act Bronze Plan, all I could afford. I checked with the billing department about the cost of a ** hip injection. I was given a figure of $500 and change. When the bill comes it was $1000. The average cost of a ** injection is $300.

Kaiser Permanente Insurance Company Information