Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
  2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance

J.C. Penney Life Insurance

J.C. Penney Life Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.20/5

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

J.C. Penney Life Insurance Reviews

Original review: March 29, 2013

The petition: My daughter, Sagittarius **, at the time of her untimely death on November 6, 2010, legally held a valid policy with Stonebridge Life Insurance, Dearborn National Life Insurance and The Culinary Pension/Insurance. Sagittarius named two beneficiaries for her Life Insurance Benefits. For Culinary/ Dearborn National Ins., Sagittarius named me, her mother, and Nuhyrah, her child. Nuhyrah was designated as sole beneficiary. For Stonebridge Life Ins., although I, the maternal grandmother, was awarded custody of my daughter's children by a Nevada Court of law, being case number **, the insurance companies continue to fail to process the death benefits in a timely fashion.

By reason whereof, I have been frustrated at every turn by their lack of cooperation, unsubstantiated and unreasonable allegations as to the true designated beneficiary, and the validity of my custody order issued by a court of law. Stonebridge, Dearborn and The Culinary Insurance companies have a duty to deal fairly with the insureds. Every insurance contract contains an unwritten covenant or promise of good faith imposed by law upon an insurer to always act fairly towards its insureds in handling their claims. Insurers must always meet the reasonable expectations of the policyholder as much if not more consideration to the financial of its insured than it does to its own financial interests.

There are many examples of how these insurance companies are committing bad faith. I'll happily give you some examples. They include failing to promptly and thoroughly investigate a claim, unreasonably delaying payment, unreasonably denying benefits to a claim, using unreasonable interpretation in translating policy language, refusing to settle the case or reimburse Nuhyrah, for the entirety of her mother loss, etc. Insurance bad faith not only breach of Sagittarius' insurance policy contract with above named insurers but their breach exceeds that of being unreasonable and is demonstrated to be dishonest, deceptive and fraudulent.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2013

For many years, we were offered this life insurance on both of us. We were in the military so we knew at least the kids would be okay. Do not get involved with this company! Run from it! My husband served 25 years in the military. Three years ago, he passed away from accidentally drinking a milkshake that was bad. He suffered for a few days, went blind and died one day after his birthday. They refused to pay anything on this claim. It was for one million dollars. We paid all those years of premiums barely making ends meet at that time. They just don't care. They just suck you in and make millions on this bogus company.

I have started taking a stand and everyone will know about it, especially the military community all over the world, because I am sending it to all commands if they do not reconsider something. Stay away! Do not allow them to charge you if you did not request it. Let's take a stand and take this company down! Run, run, run. They do not pay claims!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2012

My parents have a life insurance policy through their JC Penney's account. They are out of town for a number of months and had made arrangements to have their account paid in advance for 4 months. In August, they received an overpayment for one month of premium (as they cannot process advance payments for a 4 month period, only processing 3 months in advance). This is where it gets good.

I offered to go into our local JC Penney's and make an advance payment of two months, allowing them time to return home. In entering the store, I notice a line at the Cashier Station that ended at the front doors. I thought to myself, "I will visit the Customer Service area to avoid holding up the already long line (due to having to explain what was needed and to have their account pulled up)." Unfortunately, JC Penney's has decided that the Customer Service area is no longer necessary (such a bad business decision), and is the explanation as to why the line for a Cashier was so long! Now, all returns, general questions, catalog orders, and purchases have to be made by a Cashier. I was fortunate to get a Cashier that could help. It took a bit of time, but he was helpful, pulling up their account and applying the additional months' payments.

Will this company ever realize the new path they are pursuing is leading to their demise? My family had shopped with JC Penney's over 39 years. I am saddened to see the quality of product and service they are currently offering their customers. The store itself was in poor shape and the quality of merchandise was that of a lower grade competitor. I hope that consumers posting on this site persist in their goals of no longer shopping this retailer until they support their past beliefs that the customer's satisfaction leads to profits, not this approach of "smoke and mirrors". I know that I will no longer spend my money there.

Original review: April 19, 2012

Stonebridge Insurance has been repeatedly calling me non-stop to offer me life insurance due to the fact that I had opened a JC Penney Credit Card almost 4 years ago. I have never once received a call before from Stonebridge. Now, they call everyday. They said that in the terms of agreement, they are allowed to solicit JCP CC consumers. I am not sure this is the case!

Original review: April 14, 2012

I took out a $10000 life policy out from JCP's in 2001, they have switched to Stone Bridge and they are trying to tell me I only have a $7000 policy. I asked them to send me the original papers I signed in 2001 with JCP's and he got real angry. But then he said he would send me the copies and this was two weeks ago and still no copies. I had trouble with them before and had to call the head of insurance because I sent them an email asking for a change card and they dropped my insurance. The company made them re-instate my insurance. Can you help me get my copies? They are trying to cheat people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JCPenney?

Original review: March 27, 2012

I have tried on several occasions to cancel my policy (unemployment) that I had with your company. However, you are still charging it to my JCPenny account.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2012

I had a cancer policy for many years. I paid $10.95 per month. I sometimes sent a couple of months at a time. Last year I thought I would send a year in advance; they sent me a refund check, so I sent 3 months. They again sent me a refund check. Never again did I even get a bill; as time went on I remembered and decided to find out what happened. Did it go under after all these years and now I have been ripped off or is it paid up? I have heard through the Dave Ramsey Show never to get any credit card insurance policies. Is he right as I paid for many years? Thank goodness I have not ever been diagnosed with the disease.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2012

I have tried on several occasions to get a copy of the payments made on my policy for the past five years. I also asked for a beneficiary form to change my beneficiary. I made a request in October 2011 and January 2012 and have not had a response from the company.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2011

I found the below listed policies and want to know if they are still in effect:

Kenneth M. **. Policy numbers: **. Certificate number: **. Policy number: **. Certificate number: **, **. Both of these have the same policy number. I am Kenneth's niece, who resides with him and I am his caretaker. Please contact me with any information you may have.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2011

Mother passed away 10-2007 and had told me she took out a life insurance and listed my daughter as beneficiary. I finally found some papers about the insurance and it was J.C. Penney life Insurance Policy #** at 2700 W. Plano Prkwy., Plano TX 75075-8200. Mothers Name # **. She had the same address as I do. I don't know where to start, can you help me determine more about this?

J.C. Penney Life Insurance Company Information