Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
J.C. Penney Life Insurance
1.20/5

J.C. Penney Life Insurance

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

J.C. Penney Life Insurance Reviews

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Several years ago, I purchased a Cancer Policy thru JC Penny /Transamerica. I have tried unsuccessfully to cancel this policy as I no longer want it. In 2017, Transamerica no longer provided ins policy thru JCP. Talking with rep online has not resolved problem. I now want to close JCP Credit Acct, have not purchased any, paid the premiums, talked with reps at length in August and thought it was resolved. I now cannot close my JCP account and I can't cancel the cancer policy. This is an incredible scam and should be reported to credit agencies. I will call into Transamerica, but they do not recognize the policy# I am being billed for. This is going to be a very bad mark on my credit, and I am beyond frustrated!!!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I have never been so frustrated as I am with J.C. Penney's! We shopped around and felt like we'd done our homework. We shopped at numerous stores comparing prices and warranties before choosing J. C. Penney's to purchase our new refrigerator. I was not happy having to wait 10 days before they could schedule a delivery, but I was willing to overlook that. We received the call the day before our delivery telling us they'd be at our house between 1:30-5:30 pm on the following day. As the next day wore on, I became nervous and called the delivery service at 4:30 pm to check on our delivery. I was informed that they would be at our house in 45 minutes. When no one arrived by 6:00 pm I tried calling the service, they were closed.

We called 4 separate phone numbers. JCP rep said they would email the delivery company and we should hear back first thing in the morning. We didn't hear back from them... I called them at 9:00 am. The delivery company had no answer for why the delivery team did not make it out to our house. They claimed the drivers tried reaching us by phone... a lie... they did not call us! And... the earliest they could deliver our fridge was Monday! 15 days later I finally received my fridge. Not one single company... J.C. Penney's, the delivery service, the delivery company or any other J.C. Penney representative tried to resolve any of the problems that we had to endure. I have never dealt with a reputable company that was so unprofessional and unhelpful! I will never, ever again purchase an appliance from J.C. Penney's! EVER!!!

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: July 23, 2017

I received a letter from a Debt Collection agency out of the blue stating I had an outstanding balance on my J.C. Penney credit card from 3-4 years prior. I have always paid my bills. I have not even used my card for 3-4 years! They are charging for fees and interest for three years. I never even received a bill! Any bill I received was paid! Now my credit report shows a seriously delinquent account. This is So Wrong! I had no bill outstanding. FMR is the debt Collection agency who sent this notice. I asked them to send me a breakout of the charges I supposedly owed, and I have received nothing in at least two weeks. I called Synchrony. I called J.C. Penney. No help. Kept getting sent to each of the other organizations, with no help or explanation.

Something is Really Wrong Here! I Am Sure I am not the only one this is happening to. I need to get an apartment soon, and this now impacts my chances via credit score. How Dare any Company show up four years later, without having documentation of outstanding balance information, and charge interest and fees for four Years with No Proof, and Never send a bill for all those years! Anyone could do this! What if it were Ten Years! Letter in the mail... oh by the way, you are in debt Collection for no real outstanding balance and we're charging you ten years of late fees and interest, in addition to the bogus amount to begin with. All, let me know if anyone out there has this situation. I do not believe I am alone. This sounds like a class action lawsuit.

Original review: July 13, 2017

JCP online chat is horrible. I have been waiting to chat with someone all day. I cannot always get to a phone to call in, so I rely on the chat. I have never had a good experience with it. The message constantly says busy, come back later. Don't have the option of an online chat if there is no one to chat with. Not a happy shopper at all. I placed an order and apparently it is back ordered. I received an email stating that there was a change in my order. NO other details, so I go to chat the day I received, waited almost three hours, was advised that it was going to be shipped out the day after. No shipping, another email stating change to order, no details. I've been trying all morning/day to chat. Nothing. JCP lost a customer.

Original review: May 19, 2017

It's a disgrace at J.C. PENNEY'S at the Wyoming Valley Wilkes Barre, PA. Waited 45 minutes to pick up a item at the catalog dept. I was waiting for someone to show up. Then I was at customer service to buy something for 1 hour. I'm surprised the store is still open. I guess they want everyone to buy online. That's sad.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JCPenney?

Original review: April 22, 2016

My Mom passed away Jan 28th 2016. She had 3 life Ins policies, two of which were from Stonebridge Life from J.C. Penney. I was named Beneficiary. One check has come in. The other one is MIA. Both Issue Date March 23rd, but separate checks since they are separate Policies. So the Jury is out as of yet on the second one. I am a Licensed Ins Agent in the state of GA. I don't understand how this company can get away with what they have gotten away with! I can assure you I will report to the INS Commissioner of GA if I don't get that Check, which I would encourage all of you to do. Report it!

Original review: March 2, 2016

I have been paying for years and they just stop responding to me like I just drop out of earth. What happen to all the money I pay all these years? Anyone know?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2014

I had a liability auto insurance policy with J.C. Penney. I had a loss which resulted in three lumbar surgery and two cervical surgeries. Filed a UIM claim, they refused to acknowledge the claim.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2014

Charging my JCP account with this life ins. without my consent. I called the 800 number for Penney's and told them did not order this insurance so they took some of this off and I told them they needed to remove it all and they said they could not. I have a Penney's for many years and have always paid them off, till I received this bill that was charged every month. This is not my bill and I never ordered this.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2014

After checking my father's statement, I noticed that there were 3 payments for Stonebridge and he couldn't remember what they were for, so we called and requested the policies. They arrived in a timely manner but after reviewing the policies I noticed the effective date on the polices: (1) August 4 2010, (2) September 16, 2010 and (3) October 5, 2010. I know companies are in the business of making money, but did they mention to him that he already had a policy or the fact that after 70 he will only be paid 1/2 price or that no matter how many policies he has they're only going to pay out a certain amount. I think there needs to be more regulations protecting the elderly from pushy sales people.

J.C. Penney Life Insurance Company Information