J.C. Penney Life Insurance

Compare Life Insurance

Research top Life Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My Mom passed away Jan 28th 2016. She had 3 life Ins policies, two of which were from Stonebridge Life from J.C. Penney. I was named Beneficiary. One check has come in. The other one is MIA. Both Issue Date March 23rd, but separate checks since they are separate Policies. So the Jury is out as of yet on the second one. I am a Licensed Ins Agent in the state of GA. I don't understand how this company can get away with what they have gotten away with! I can assure you I will report to the INS Commissioner of GA if I don't get that Check, which I would encourage all of you to do. Report it!

I have been paying for years and they just stop responding to me like I just drop out of earth. What happen to all the money I pay all these years? Anyone know?

I had a liability auto insurance policy with J.C. Penney. I had a loss which resulted in three lumbar surgery and two cervical surgeries. Filed a UIM claim, they refused to acknowledge the claim.

Charging my JCP account with this life ins. without my consent. I called the 800 number for Penney's and told them did not order this insurance so they took some of this off and I told them they needed to remove it all and they said they could not. I have a Penney's for many years and have always paid them off, till I received this bill that was charged every month. This is not my bill and I never ordered this.

After checking my father's statement, I noticed that there were 3 payments for Stonebridge and he couldn't remember what they were for, so we called and requested the policies. They arrived in a timely manner but after reviewing the policies I noticed the effective date on the polices: (1) August 4 2010, (2) September 16, 2010 and (3) October 5, 2010. I know companies are in the business of making money, but did they mention to him that he already had a policy or the fact that after 70 he will only be paid 1/2 price or that no matter how many policies he has they're only going to pay out a certain amount. I think there needs to be more regulations protecting the elderly from pushy sales people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JCPenney?

The petition: My daughter, Sagittarius **, at the time of her untimely death on November 6, 2010, legally held a valid policy with Stonebridge Life Insurance, Dearborn National Life Insurance and The Culinary Pension/Insurance. Sagittarius named two beneficiaries for her Life Insurance Benefits. For Culinary/ Dearborn National Ins., Sagittarius named me, her mother, and Nuhyrah, her child. Nuhyrah was designated as sole beneficiary. For Stonebridge Life Ins., although I, the maternal grandmother, was awarded custody of my daughter's children by a Nevada Court of law, being case number **, the insurance companies continue to fail to process the death benefits in a timely fashion.

By reason whereof, I have been frustrated at every turn by their lack of cooperation, unsubstantiated and unreasonable allegations as to the true designated beneficiary, and the validity of my custody order issued by a court of law. Stonebridge, Dearborn and The Culinary Insurance companies have a duty to deal fairly with the insureds. Every insurance contract contains an unwritten covenant or promise of good faith imposed by law upon an insurer to always act fairly towards its insureds in handling their claims. Insurers must always meet the reasonable expectations of the policyholder as much if not more consideration to the financial of its insured than it does to its own financial interests.

There are many examples of how these insurance companies are committing bad faith. I'll happily give you some examples. They include failing to promptly and thoroughly investigate a claim, unreasonably delaying payment, unreasonably denying benefits to a claim, using unreasonable interpretation in translating policy language, refusing to settle the case or reimburse Nuhyrah, for the entirety of her mother loss, etc. Insurance bad faith not only breach of Sagittarius' insurance policy contract with above named insurers but their breach exceeds that of being unreasonable and is demonstrated to be dishonest, deceptive and fraudulent.

For many years, we were offered this life insurance on both of us. We were in the military so we knew at least the kids would be okay. Do not get involved with this company! Run from it! My husband served 25 years in the military. Three years ago, he passed away from accidentally drinking a milkshake that was bad. He suffered for a few days, went blind and died one day after his birthday. They refused to pay anything on this claim. It was for one million dollars. We paid all those years of premiums barely making ends meet at that time. They just don't care. They just suck you in and make millions on this bogus company.

I have started taking a stand and everyone will know about it, especially the military community all over the world, because I am sending it to all commands if they do not reconsider something. Stay away! Do not allow them to charge you if you did not request it. Let's take a stand and take this company down! Run, run, run. They do not pay claims!

My parents have a life insurance policy through their JC Penney's account. They are out of town for a number of months and had made arrangements to have their account paid in advance for 4 months. In August, they received an overpayment for one month of premium (as they cannot process advance payments for a 4 month period, only processing 3 months in advance). This is where it gets good.

I offered to go into our local JC Penney's and make an advance payment of two months, allowing them time to return home. In entering the store, I notice a line at the Cashier Station that ended at the front doors. I thought to myself, "I will visit the Customer Service area to avoid holding up the already long line (due to having to explain what was needed and to have their account pulled up)." Unfortunately, JC Penney's has decided that the Customer Service area is no longer necessary (such a bad business decision), and is the explanation as to why the line for a Cashier was so long! Now, all returns, general questions, catalog orders, and purchases have to be made by a Cashier. I was fortunate to get a Cashier that could help. It took a bit of time, but he was helpful, pulling up their account and applying the additional months' payments.

Will this company ever realize the new path they are pursuing is leading to their demise? My family had shopped with JC Penney's over 39 years. I am saddened to see the quality of product and service they are currently offering their customers. The store itself was in poor shape and the quality of merchandise was that of a lower grade competitor. I hope that consumers posting on this site persist in their goals of no longer shopping this retailer until they support their past beliefs that the customer's satisfaction leads to profits, not this approach of "smoke and mirrors". I know that I will no longer spend my money there.

Stonebridge Insurance has been repeatedly calling me non-stop to offer me life insurance due to the fact that I had opened a JC Penney Credit Card almost 4 years ago. I have never once received a call before from Stonebridge. Now, they call everyday. They said that in the terms of agreement, they are allowed to solicit JCP CC consumers. I am not sure this is the case!

I took out a $10000 life policy out from JCP's in 2001, they have switched to Stone Bridge and they are trying to tell me I only have a $7000 policy. I asked them to send me the original papers I signed in 2001 with JCP's and he got real angry. But then he said he would send me the copies and this was two weeks ago and still no copies. I had trouble with them before and had to call the head of insurance because I sent them an email asking for a change card and they dropped my insurance. The company made them re-instate my insurance. Can you help me get my copies? They are trying to cheat people.

I have tried on several occasions to cancel my policy (unemployment) that I had with your company. However, you are still charging it to my JCPenny account.

I had a cancer policy for many years. I paid $10.95 per month. I sometimes sent a couple of months at a time. Last year I thought I would send a year in advance; they sent me a refund check, so I sent 3 months. They again sent me a refund check. Never again did I even get a bill; as time went on I remembered and decided to find out what happened. Did it go under after all these years and now I have been ripped off or is it paid up? I have heard through the Dave Ramsey Show never to get any credit card insurance policies. Is he right as I paid for many years? Thank goodness I have not ever been diagnosed with the disease.

I have tried on several occasions to get a copy of the payments made on my policy for the past five years. I also asked for a beneficiary form to change my beneficiary. I made a request in October 2011 and January 2012 and have not had a response from the company.

I found the below listed policies and want to know if they are still in effect:

Kenneth M. **. Policy numbers: **. Certificate number: **. Policy number: **. Certificate number: **, **. Both of these have the same policy number. I am Kenneth's niece, who resides with him and I am his caretaker. Please contact me with any information you may have.

Mother passed away 10-2007 and had told me she took out a life insurance and listed my daughter as beneficiary. I finally found some papers about the insurance and it was J.C. Penney life Insurance Policy #** at 2700 W. Plano Prkwy., Plano TX 75075-8200. Mothers Name # **. She had the same address as I do. I don't know where to start, can you help me determine more about this?

I called J.C.Penney Life Insurance Co. a while back and asked them how do I receive the money from my grandmother's policy which I am the beneficiary of. My grandmother passed away February 04, 2004. When I talked to someone, they stated her policy had elapsed. My grandmother paid on this policy since I was a young girl. I am now 28 years old. They were suppose to get back with me. It has been over 6 years. I have as of yet to hear anything from anyone.

My godfather left me the 1993 life insurance then he died on year 2000. I wrote the insurance company for any claims and they said that the insurance has been terminated and lapsed, they promised me through phone that they will give back the amount of money that has been paid plus the dividends and interest since the company name has been change. But until now, we haven't heard about them.

My mother had insurance through this company for years. It was brought to my attention when we learned she had brain cancer and I was to be the one handling her finances. I asked her about the insurance charges from JC Penney. She informed me it was accidental insurance. So as I discussed this further with mother, we decided that it was no longer needed. Upon reaching the insurance company, I discovered that she had been paying for her ex-husband for years, as well. Noting that they had been divorced for years. By this time, mother was unable to talk so I asked the insurance company if she could get a refund for the amount paid into her ex-husband's insurance. And I was told that all I needed to produce was a copy of the divorce decree and they would refund all monies. This started in May of 2007.

We buried mother on Sept. 20, 2007. Four months later, after masses of calls, faxes, letters sent, hours, days, weeks on the phone with this company, still no refund. After they learned she had passed, I was told her refund payment went to JC Penney balance that she owed! The one thing I learned was that Stonebridge Life Insurance Company is owned by none other than GE! Need I say more?

I received a call at my workplace of all things from J.C. Penney Insurance telling me I am covered for 3 free months of whole life coverage. They stated "let us send you some materials in a package to review and after you read it, if you don't want it, you can call us and cancel". Now that just doesn't sit well with me, especially with the J.C. Penney name written all over it. I declined and the woman quickly read me off an 800 number if I had any further questions. I didn't even have time to write the 800 number down.

Why would a company offer you the time to read their materials but then charge you if you DID NOT want the coverage. That's just bad business. I'd read the material, but it's totally up to me if I don't want it. If I failed to contact them after reading their policy, they would automatically charge my J.C. Penney account. And that's where the trouble lies folks. I've been through this before and always, always, has there been months of phone calls trying to cancel something. Why can't consumers just be able to read the material and not have to commit - it's unbelievable. I have no respect for J.C. Penney, especially in these difficult economic times.

It's only been 30 minutes since I received the call. I called an 800 number but got a man from Texas at their J.C. Penney insurance office there. He apologized, but there was nothing he could offer me as far as who to continue to contact. I am quite upset that they chose to contact me at my place of employment. Let's home the woman who phoned initially doesn't send me that damn package - or I'll be up to my ears in trying to clean up another mess.

I have a life Insurance with J.C. Penny that was changed to Stonebridge I don't know why. Anyway I'm paying $9.76 per month which is taken of my bank account at the National Bank in Chicoutimi, Qc.

My problem is, that I lost my policy contract and I don't even remember how my coverage is. Can you provide me with a copy of that contract?

Please contact my either by phone or by email or mail that copy to me if you can.

Insurance that I did not request, 7.95 shows up on my credit report as dilquent, reducing my credit rating.This must be some kind of scam.

Just received a cover letter and Certificate of Insurance from the above company, but it reads customer of: Discover Card. I have no recollection of ever signing up for this insurance, and yet the policy number is listed to Greenwood Trust Company (as the policyholder) with an effective date of 6-02-99 and a monthly premium of $9.95.

Have I been ripped off for this policy without realizing it, for nine (9) years? I am quite disturbed by this. Can you be of any assistance in this matter? Thank you,

I was an employee of J C penney For more than 30 years an carried a life policy for that time and through retirement last week I reached 70 years old. The day before my birthday I recieved a notice that my insurance was canceled I had been paying $57 A MOUNTH FOR now Im an old man and no life insurance thanks to J C Penney I could have put all those prem. in the bank for those years and had enough for burial at least.

Old and no burial insurance.

J.C. Penney Life Insurance offered me disability insurance for $11 per month and told me that it will be charged on my bank account. They also told me that I have 60 days to review and reject the policy without being charged after I receive it in mail. I never received any info from them, and they are charging my bank account every month. I cannot find any info about them in Canada or USA. I do not know how they have my banking info. I had to close that bank account.

They charged me $11 for over 6 months.

My mom paid $44.00 a month for this insurance for over 10 years. When she passed in April of 2002, I was told that there was a record of the insurance, but it had lasped. Who would allow a policy to lapse after investing in it for ten years? She paid $50,000.00 or more over this time period but, I as her sole heir, received nothing.

I'm still paying for medical expenses that occurred during her five-year illness through a bank loan. This has been a difficult hardship.

My mother has paid JC Penney Life Insurance for years. I tried to inquiry as to the policy after her death and they have no clue as to the policy number. A dead end and I cannot get anywhere with them.

The only life insurance my mom had has been lost.

My 05 Jeep Cherokee's dashboard lights have been flashing on and off. At times all gauges shut off. It stalled once while in a traffic jam, but I was able to restart it back up again. It has been serviced once 2 1/2 months ago for similar problem. Dealer unable to find source of problem. So far I have been fortunate, and vehicle has not left me stranded somewhere. I need some answers.

I

March 2, 2007-

My wife placed an order over the phone with JC Penney. After she placed her order, she was asked if she wanted to take part in a program JC Penney offers their customers called Plan Plus, which is a type of supplimental health insurance discount program. My wife said she wasn't interested and the woman said that she did not have the ability to decline the service because membership is automatically generated by the computer and not to worry about it.

Well, my wife received a letter in the mail the other day with her membership cards and plan number. What troubled we was that I took the time to read the letter and it stated that the first 30 days of membership are free, but then your JC Penney card will be charged $9.95 a month for the service. I called Plan Plus first chance I got and when I tried to cancel it, the person continued to try to sell it to me. Finally, they cancelled it and I asked for a confirmation letter.

My reason in writing this is to warn others who place phone orders with JC Penney to not take their offer lightly, even if you decline and they say it isn't any big deal and not to worry about it. Had I not read the letter, I would have had $9.95 charged to my JC Penney card each month, which quickly adds up. I have fallen victim to a scheme like this before and refused to have it happen to me again.

I paid a balance in full and closed my JC Penneys account, I then recieved letters asking if I wanted to keep the insurance, if I did I needed to send payment with the enclosed statement. If I no longer wanted the insurance I needed to do nothing. I did not return the statement with payment yet JC Penney applied the charges for insurance to an account that had been closed. I called JC Penney and the woman I spoke with told me she did not know why they were charging the insurance but would take care of it. later I received a letter from a collection agency. (Nice way to take care of it!)

I called JC Penney, I wrote letters to them, I wrote letters to the collection agency and to this day nothing has been done and I have been dealing with this since 2001! I am contacting an attorney to find out what my options are legally. Needless to say, I no longer do any kind of business with JC Penney. I recently reeived a threatening letter from a collection agency stating that I now owe JC Penney over 300 dollars even though in July of 2001 I paid the account off in full and closed it!

I applied for a loan from my bank and was denied because of the negative mark from JC Penney on my credit. The damage has been much worse than what I can mention here.

I was paying into a life insurance policy to JC Penney Life Insurance Co. for years. Suddenly, they stopped taking my payments and I do not know what happened to the policy. It was to be reimbursed by age 59 or 60 and I do not know what to do.

J.C. Penney Life Insurance Company Profile