Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
J.C. Penney Life Insurance
1.21/5

J.C. Penney Life Insurance

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

37 J.C. Penney Life Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I have never been so frustrated as I am with J.C. Penney's! We shopped around and felt like we'd done our homework. We shopped at numerous stores comparing prices and warranties before choosing J. C. Penney's to purchase our new refrigerator. I was not happy having to wait 10 days before they could schedule a delivery, but I was willing to overlook that. We received the call the day before our delivery telling us they'd be at our house between 1:30-5:30 pm on the following day. As the next day wore on, I became nervous and called the delivery service at 4:30 pm to check on our delivery. I was informed that they would be at our house in 45 minutes. When no one arrived by 6:00 pm I tried calling the service, they were closed.

We called 4 separate phone numbers. JCP rep said they would email the delivery company and we should hear back first thing in the morning. We didn't hear back from them... I called them at 9:00 am. The delivery company had no answer for why the delivery team did not make it out to our house. They claimed the drivers tried reaching us by phone... a lie... they did not call us! And... the earliest they could deliver our fridge was Monday! 15 days later I finally received my fridge. Not one single company... J.C. Penney's, the delivery service, the delivery company or any other J.C. Penney representative tried to resolve any of the problems that we had to endure. I have never dealt with a reputable company that was so unprofessional and unhelpful! I will never, ever again purchase an appliance from J.C. Penney's! EVER!!!

Original review: July 23, 2017

I received a letter from a Debt Collection agency out of the blue stating I had an outstanding balance on my J.C. Penney credit card from 3-4 years prior. I have always paid my bills. I have not even used my card for 3-4 years! They are charging for fees and interest for three years. I never even received a bill! Any bill I received was paid! Now my credit report shows a seriously delinquent account. This is So Wrong! I had no bill outstanding. FMR is the debt Collection agency who sent this notice. I asked them to send me a breakout of the charges I supposedly owed, and I have received nothing in at least two weeks. I called Synchrony. I called J.C. Penney. No help. Kept getting sent to each of the other organizations, with no help or explanation.

Something is Really Wrong Here! I Am Sure I am not the only one this is happening to. I need to get an apartment soon, and this now impacts my chances via credit score. How Dare any Company show up four years later, without having documentation of outstanding balance information, and charge interest and fees for four Years with No Proof, and Never send a bill for all those years! Anyone could do this! What if it were Ten Years! Letter in the mail... oh by the way, you are in debt Collection for no real outstanding balance and we're charging you ten years of late fees and interest, in addition to the bogus amount to begin with. All, let me know if anyone out there has this situation. I do not believe I am alone. This sounds like a class action lawsuit.

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2017

JCP online chat is horrible. I have been waiting to chat with someone all day. I cannot always get to a phone to call in, so I rely on the chat. I have never had a good experience with it. The message constantly says busy, come back later. Don't have the option of an online chat if there is no one to chat with. Not a happy shopper at all. I placed an order and apparently it is back ordered. I received an email stating that there was a change in my order. NO other details, so I go to chat the day I received, waited almost three hours, was advised that it was going to be shipped out the day after. No shipping, another email stating change to order, no details. I've been trying all morning/day to chat. Nothing. JCP lost a customer.

Original review: May 19, 2017

It's a disgrace at J.C. PENNEY'S at the Wyoming Valley Wilkes Barre, PA. Waited 45 minutes to pick up a item at the catalog dept. I was waiting for someone to show up. Then I was at customer service to buy something for 1 hour. I'm surprised the store is still open. I guess they want everyone to buy online. That's sad.

Original review: April 22, 2016

My Mom passed away Jan 28th 2016. She had 3 life Ins policies, two of which were from Stonebridge Life from J.C. Penney. I was named Beneficiary. One check has come in. The other one is MIA. Both Issue Date March 23rd, but separate checks since they are separate Policies. So the Jury is out as of yet on the second one. I am a Licensed Ins Agent in the state of GA. I don't understand how this company can get away with what they have gotten away with! I can assure you I will report to the INS Commissioner of GA if I don't get that Check, which I would encourage all of you to do. Report it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JCPenney?

Original review: March 2, 2016

I have been paying for years and they just stop responding to me like I just drop out of earth. What happen to all the money I pay all these years? Anyone know?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2014

I had a liability auto insurance policy with J.C. Penney. I had a loss which resulted in three lumbar surgery and two cervical surgeries. Filed a UIM claim, they refused to acknowledge the claim.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2014

Charging my JCP account with this life ins. without my consent. I called the 800 number for Penney's and told them did not order this insurance so they took some of this off and I told them they needed to remove it all and they said they could not. I have a Penney's for many years and have always paid them off, till I received this bill that was charged every month. This is not my bill and I never ordered this.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2014

After checking my father's statement, I noticed that there were 3 payments for Stonebridge and he couldn't remember what they were for, so we called and requested the policies. They arrived in a timely manner but after reviewing the policies I noticed the effective date on the polices: (1) August 4 2010, (2) September 16, 2010 and (3) October 5, 2010. I know companies are in the business of making money, but did they mention to him that he already had a policy or the fact that after 70 he will only be paid 1/2 price or that no matter how many policies he has they're only going to pay out a certain amount. I think there needs to be more regulations protecting the elderly from pushy sales people.

Original review: March 29, 2013

The petition: My daughter, Sagittarius **, at the time of her untimely death on November 6, 2010, legally held a valid policy with Stonebridge Life Insurance, Dearborn National Life Insurance and The Culinary Pension/Insurance. Sagittarius named two beneficiaries for her Life Insurance Benefits. For Culinary/ Dearborn National Ins., Sagittarius named me, her mother, and Nuhyrah, her child. Nuhyrah was designated as sole beneficiary. For Stonebridge Life Ins., although I, the maternal grandmother, was awarded custody of my daughter's children by a Nevada Court of law, being case number **, the insurance companies continue to fail to process the death benefits in a timely fashion.

By reason whereof, I have been frustrated at every turn by their lack of cooperation, unsubstantiated and unreasonable allegations as to the true designated beneficiary, and the validity of my custody order issued by a court of law. Stonebridge, Dearborn and The Culinary Insurance companies have a duty to deal fairly with the insureds. Every insurance contract contains an unwritten covenant or promise of good faith imposed by law upon an insurer to always act fairly towards its insureds in handling their claims. Insurers must always meet the reasonable expectations of the policyholder as much if not more consideration to the financial of its insured than it does to its own financial interests.

There are many examples of how these insurance companies are committing bad faith. I'll happily give you some examples. They include failing to promptly and thoroughly investigate a claim, unreasonably delaying payment, unreasonably denying benefits to a claim, using unreasonable interpretation in translating policy language, refusing to settle the case or reimburse Nuhyrah, for the entirety of her mother loss, etc. Insurance bad faith not only breach of Sagittarius' insurance policy contract with above named insurers but their breach exceeds that of being unreasonable and is demonstrated to be dishonest, deceptive and fraudulent.

J.C. Penney Life Insurance Company Information