Humana Health Insurance

• 4%
  • 4%
  • 66%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Humana?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Humana?
    Price

Reviewed May 20, 2024

I had nothing but trouble with Humana:

- The worst thing they did was send me an Rx from a lot that had been voluntarily recalled 2 years prior. (That was the last straw.)
    - They would quote double the price for an Rx I'd taken for years and I'd cancel the order. I would try again the next day and it would return to within the normal range (for them).

- They'd pile on the Rx well before it was due and at the end of year I'd have a 4 month surplus.

Reviewed May 16, 2024

I never had such a difficult time finding dental coverage in my area, spanning over 6 cities, no dental office accepts Humana Medicaid Dentaquest insurance. I have even gotten providers from Dentaquest themselves for my surrounding areas and each office states they do not accept My insurance. I even have an emergency infection and I'm resulted to go to the emergency room because Humana is the worst dental coverage I've experienced. What is humana around for?? They cover nothing!!! Absolute worst insurance. Can't wait to switch!!!!

Get buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed May 13, 2024

If I could give it a minus 10 that would be it. Terrible representatives from who knows where but they don’t understand why you are calling, cannot help at all and love slamming people on hold for hours! Yes hours at a time. I cannot wait to get rid of this Medicare gold plan. It is terrible and what makes it really bad is the poor representatives. Every call is at least 45 minutes. If you're lucky most are over an hour holding because reps don’t know what they are doing. Get American workers.

Staff

Reviewed May 7, 2024

I am completely disgusted with Humana. I've used them for 5 years. I have a prescription of **. I have stage 4 COPD. Out of the blue they quit paying for my **. Contacted them. They give every reason in the world. We had doctors contact him was like they wanted. They still refuse. So they left me high and dryer without my medication. Now I pay over $385 for a **. I have to have two a month. This is a very bad insurance company. I strongly recommend paying out a pocket before wasting your money on these guys. They are not a good company at all.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed May 3, 2024

I called Humana three times, and all three times, the representatives were the worst customer service representatives I have ever spoken to. The first representative I talked to, when I stated my child had special needs, burst out laughing. I said this is funny and he's laughing and says no, I thought you were saying something else. I asked for his name, and he hung up. I called back rude person number two. His conversation was rude. I was trying to explain what I needed, but he cut me off by saying are you sleepy, mam? What do you want? You sound sleepy and hung up on me.

Where is Humana getting these employees from, and what type of representation are you promoting? I could be rude and tell you their dialects but what would that say of my character. Try vetting your employees better and raising your standards a little higher. Insurance is great. Please don't allow a couple of bad apples to rot the whole crop. Phone number I called 1-800-281-6918. Your customer service doesn't deserve a 1 star, that's way above the service rating you should receive.

Reviewed April 30, 2024

I am very frustrated with Humana. I can’t find anything on my plan. I asked them to send me information on the changes to my plan this year and never received anything. I have been trying to see a specialist and they said I am not covered for the specialist.

Reviewed April 29, 2024

I can't even give Humana any stars. I signed up but BEFORE I did, I wanted to make sure my prescriptions were covered. I was promised that they were and they were in the past. I just found out that they LIED to me, no coverage. Thank humana for not covering meds I need and lying to me. People go elsewhere, they will tell you what you want to hear. Lies.

CoveragePriceStaff

Reviewed April 2, 2024

I have massive experience using Humana in Florida and in Georgia. Oddly, the information given me by Humana reps and its supervisors in Florida was 100% accurate, always. In Georgia, 95% of the time the information given was drastically inaccurate. The coverage between these two states for the exact same medical plan was also wildly different. Seniors "rule" in Florida. Do the math on the population. Car insurance is lower, health insurance covers much, much more. In Georgia, seniors go to the back of the line.

I'll begin with dental coverage by Humana in Florida. $6,000 worth of work was done and I didn't pay a time. Here in Georgia, my limit for what Humana will pay out a year is $2,000. Go figure. In Florida, where I was to have cataract surgery, but had to reschedule, there was no cost to me for the surgeon, the anesthesiologist, or the surgical center. In Georgia, where I will have the surgery completed, I have to go out of pocket for the surgical center and am now in an argument with the surgeon over who is going to pay for the anesthesiologist. Here the surgeon said that if I wanted a Toric IOL (inner ocular lens) that was on me. 2 Humana supervisors said that the IOL was covered. A verbal battle ensued.

The Humana supervisors were wrong - as they often are from terrible training - and the surgeon was correct. I got caught in the middle and the surgeon dropped me, forcing me to find another surgeon and wait another 90 days before the procedure could be scheduled. Humana in Georgia is terrible. The worst, really, I have experienced in my very long life.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 2, 2024

I needed this insurance just as a secondary form to get an extra pair of eye glasses, second opinion on medical issues and help in paying my plan B insurance.

I was overcharged on my eye glasses cancelled the same day as ordering them and 40 days later still no reimbursement to my spending account. When I called them the 1st time about the over billing they told me that vision works had two prices 1 in store and one online.

The second time I called and informed them that it’s been 45 days and that over looking the bill that I’m they were charged close to a $1000 for seeing an optometrist that I never saw since I had my own prescription to be filled. The lady said yes we see that and that had to wait until you turn in your glasses to get a refund on everything. I told her again to listen, I NEVER GOT A PAIR that I cancelled it the very next day. She said I will send it up for review. All military people stay away from this company.

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed March 29, 2024

As active duty military I did a DOD SkillBridge, which is essentially an internship program for the last 6 months of your contract. I tried for the entirety of that 6 months to get a referral moved from my active duty station to my internship location. They would gladly place my referral to a place that had been out of business for 3 years. But when I called or secure messaged them about moving the referral to a different place, they told me they couldn't. I'd need a new Primary Care provider at my internship location to give a local referral. Terrible customer service and most annoying arduous process to do anything. No Insurance is better than Humana.

Humana author review by Joseph Burns

Humana is one of the largest and best-known health insurance companies in the United States. It offers health care services for individuals, business owners and military personnel.

• Large variety of plans: Consumers can choose between HMOs, PPOs and other plans. There are group plans available for employers.

• Well-known company: Humana has been in business for a long time and is one of the best-known health insurance companies in the United States.

• Supplemental and low-cost options available: Humana offers supplemental insurance for seniors and low-cost insurance for people on fixed incomes.

• HMOs and PPOs are cheaper: Health savings accounts and other plans tend to have higher premiums or higher deductibles.

• Offers Medicare Advantage plans: Humana offers Medicare Advantage plans.

by Joseph Burns Health Insurance Advisor

An independent journalist, Joseph Burns is the health insurance topic leader for the Association of Health Care Journalists and contributes to AHCJ’s Covering Health blog. He has also written about health policy and the business of health care for a wide variety of publications, including Healthcare Finance News, Hospitals & Health Networks, Managed Care magazine, Ophthalmology Management, TaxACT.com, and The Dark Report.

Humana Health Insurance Company Information