Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.31/5
This company is out of businessFind other companies

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Homeland Healthcare Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homeland Healthcare?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homeland Healthcare?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2016

I have a very similar experience with this "great insurance company" but on top of everything my agent sold me a life insurance policy without even mentioning even a single word. She explained the $160.00 charge as a one time enrollment fee. The only one reason I even found out about it was that after reading all the reviews and doing some researches I decided to cancel my health insurance and called HII directly. After 46 min waiting on hold I was told that I only had 10 days to cancel my life insurance policy! I was in shock. I end up filing a complaint and escalating to the next level so they made an "exception" and refund me my "one time enrollment fee" (been waiting for two week now). So PLEASE don't sign up for this scam!!!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2016

I was shopping for cheaper monthly premium than what my employer offers, this insurance broker called me offering $305 monthly premium for me and my wife and tells me I have $0 annual deductible and basically all kinds of doctor's visits, routine exams, hospital stays, etc. covered at 100%. The insurance company is "Companion Life" and I would have to mention "multiplan nationwide PPO" when I call my doctor. I usually raise my eyebrow when something like this sounds too good to be true but I still went ahead.

At the final step of signing the application, I read "This plan is not insurance and is not intended to replace any major health insurance" so I started asking more questions and of course led to more truth. Luckily, I caught it and thanks to users review on this website, I didn't sign the paper so hopefully my card won't be charged. The caller sounded smart enough to find a more productive and fulfilling job rather than cold calling all day lying on the phone and losing morals every day. May god bless him.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2015

My story seems to be the same as everyone else... EXCEPT they asked me for my SS #, My husband's SS #. No one else has mentioned if that was their experience. In less than 12 hrs My bank fraud dept cancelled my card to stop all charges so they would no longer have my banking info. I'm more concerned they have my SS#. So now was instructed by bank to report them to credit bureau which I will. Very mad that I fell for scam.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2015

Well, I had work as salesman for Health Benefits Center that represents MultiPlan PPO network and all carriers, and is a totally fake. People that get this insurance will never get what they are told. Actually any of those insurance has the minimum coverage required by the government and the people will be penalized by the end of the year by not having a real insurance. None of those carriers cover hospital, not ambulance coverage, not inpatient or outpatient facility coverage, not medications. Everything a lied and the maximum cash benefit will get is just $50.

Original review: July 20, 2015

I took this so called insurance out Nov 2014. John ** said "if you stay in ppo network you will be fine." I paid 339.00 up front. 100.00 for membership. I used the insurance in Mar 2015 for outpatient surgery. Got the bill. It was over 5,000.00. Called Freedom Life. They don't pay for outpatient or hospital at all. So I argued with the woman. So I said I been scammed. It didn't pay a penny. So the dr said I needed surgery that couldn't wait. On June 1 had surgery. This time it applied 3,000.00 and now I owe over 20,000.00 in bills. So this is a rip off and a scam. I sent them a notice on July 13, 2015 that they better cancel all this insurance NOW. So it looks like I'm going to have to file bankrupt because of this so called great insurance.

Original review: June 19, 2015

The sales person lied to us and showed us how we can even end up getting refund from hospitals or medical provider. The most thing bothered paying almost close to branded health insurance company. Medical provider don't even recognize them. Not to mention one of the medical provider laughter at me. It was insulting for me and my family. $10 discount on doctors visit??? Paying over $500 per month? When I found out I took my family out of it and they did not cancel till billing cycle ends? I did not use the insurance card. I think I deserve a full refund please.

Original review: June 9, 2015

This business is a joke. They are a very shady. Was told that this was insurance that you could use to see a Dr any time you wanted but come to find out you have to call a representative to have the call and find the best price before you can ever see anyone. This is a joke - when I talked to the agent. She was informed me that this was a Gap basic/accident policy... so it is basically useless. Sure learned my lesson the hard way. Now to see if I get my money back.

Original review: May 28, 2015

I called blue cross blue shield looking to purchase health insurance. I thought I was at first speaking with a representative from BC/BS and realized that I was speaking with an agent who told me that they were affiliated with Blue Cross and was a group insurance so I would get a group rate of $390 plus joining fee, to cover my son and me. They told me this plan came with dental and vision. I thought it was inexpensive because it was a large group I was joining therefore I wouldn't be paying an individual rate. Like the saying goes, nothing is too good to be true and this was no exception. After joining by automatic check they switched me over to sign papers verifying that I agreed to the terms. Again, that twinge of something doesn't feel right and relayed my concerns to them. I saw in on one page that Multiplan ppo wasn't a major medical company in accordance with ACA.

When I questioned it, I was told that was because they didn't cover maternity expenses. But they assured me my doctors and hospital were participating providers. They even knew the name of one of my doctors, (I shutter to think how they got that!) Ignoring my gut, I signed. I woke up in the middle of the night not feeling good about the transaction and began a more detailed internet search and I came across this site and began to read all of the complaints of experiences just like mine. I immediately called at 9:00 sharp to cancel as I was told I had 30 days to cancel. First, I was given a customer service number that disconnected at first ring. I asked receptionist to connect me. I got a person who told me his name was **, and I explained that I wanted to cancel the policy. He told me because I just joined, my paperwork was not in the system and I had to call the person who sold me the policy.

I told him to transfer me and was put on hold for half an hour. I called repeatedly and the representative was "always with another customer" and would call me right back, which he never did. I finally got through when I got to speak with someone because I told them that I wanted to add another person to my account. When I got a live person I told them that I wanted to cancel and she repeated that I had 30 days and I didn't need to rush. I told them I wanted to cancel immediately and AGAIN she verified my information and she would put a request in for my cancellation. I said, "No request, cancel me NOW!" Then she said the request was in and I would get an email in a couple of days.

I said I want verification immediately and then I was given another number, spoke to someone else who told me they get a lot of requests and it would take time and in a couple of weeks, they would credit back my account (which they took out of my account immediately). I went to my bank and told them the entire story and because I came to them right away that although the money was already withdrawn, they would put it back for me within 24-48 hours ($544.80) and I filed a fraud report. The bank told me when reviewing my statement, a big giveaway of fraud was next to their name on them my bank statement was their phone number. Legitimate companies do not put phone number next to the company name transaction.

So in the long run because I took quick action and went to my bank I was able to have the bank give me back my money. If I'd waited for them I most probably would have never gotten my money back and they could have withdrawn even more money if I didn't realize until after the month review period. PLEASE, save yourself the frustration and the heartache of being ripped off! RUN as fast as you can from these people. I never thought I would ever fall for something like this, I am always super cautious. But they got me. So grateful that I didn't wait any longer to follow my gut!

Original review: May 6, 2015

I have been with Anthem Blue Cross since 2007. I had the Smart Sense plan. Seemed to work well but every year they raised my rates and deductible to the point of not affordable. So after 8 years I shopped and found a website online for Multi-Plan or something. Sold me that I could save money and they were a PPO plan with Dental insurance. They looked up all my MD's and they were in the plan and I even had RX coverage for a 200 per month savings. I requested the plan coverage guide which they never sent. I have requested for 2 months.

I went the Chiropractor and the front office manager said the plan is terrible and I had a discount plan only. So I was paying for nothing. Every time she called she was giving different coverage amounts. First I was covered with a 50 percent discount, then I had 3 visits and 1 exam per year. It was confusing to both us. Then I called again and was sent after demanding some chart in writing that I have on file that is completely different than what I was advised and also what was quoted to the office manager at the MD office.

The plan is a scam and now after discussing with a broker I don't even have insurance and don't qualify legally that I have insurance under the IRS guidelines. I also had to pay an application fee of 163 the first month. I was ripped off! I now am told my Mammogram I don't have wellness coverage either! This company should be of business!

Original review: March 31, 2015

This company will call as U.S. health group and try to get you to pay a $99 application fee and will quote you the lowest health insurance premiums but won't mail or email any documents - can we say RED FLAG 101. Any legit company will have no issues sending you some type of information to read and if they say they have none or it will come after they get your cc info then they are really only interested in your credit card - these guys are great cold callers though - you can tell a lot of $$ goes into training them on how to use key words that will allow you to trust them.

While my husband already gave his acct info but was still on line with them I started doing research and fell into a dark abyss of complaints and horror stories of seniors getting screwed by homelands AKA US HEALTH GROUP - so he immediately informed them we will not be moving forward and to cancel the app & 99/fee while I was already on the phone to our bank changing his card info and paying any fee needed to ensure these companies could not withdraw against our bank. The min my hubby said to cancel the rep got a total attitude and passed phone to a "manager" who ultimately called my hubby a ** and hung up on him - however this was after the first idiot had already given their direct lines, not the brightest crayon in the box are we ** - yeah you morons - we called you out. You guys are obvious scammers and I may not be around to witness it but I know for a fact that karma will be knocking down your door soon enough.

It's one thing to go after people like us in our 30's but to go after people with families or retired senior citizens since they are easier to mislead - that is disgusting. You must not have mothers, fathers or grandparents - and if you do better hope they don't get a call from us health group or homeland healthcare - or is that part of the training process? Ok new employees make sure to go home tonight and warn everyone you love and know to never accept the crap you sell -- I bet it's even in the orientation packet or training schedule.

Y'all should be super stoked that you have chosen a career that allows you to be proud of what you accomplish each day - "HONEY I’M HOME - I have great - super productive day today - I was able to cheat hard working Americans out of their hard earned $$ and offer them in return nothing at all except a few lies - I cheated 7 to be exact - ahhhhh it was a great day - now what's for dinner??" Scumbag pie - that's what Douches.

Homeland Healthcare Company Information