Homeland Healthcare

Compare Health Insurance Companies

Research top Health Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The person who I spoke to told me my premium would stay the same until I turned 65, and I would receive life insurance. I would have to pay a one time fee of $306 for administrative costs. I asked for a email or fax of what the plan covers and he said he could not give that to me. He asked several times for my credit card, I told him I would have to talk to my husband first. He wanted me to get him on the phone. When I told him that was not possible he again asked for my credit card so that he could hold my spot in the plan. I told him no, I also said I was reading reviews and asked if the $306 was for life insurance, after a long pause he said no. I checked with my state and this is NOT major health insurance. I am glad I saw these reviews.

I have a very similar experience with this "great insurance company" but on top of everything my agent sold me a life insurance policy without even mentioning even a single word. She explained the $160.00 charge as a one time enrollment fee. The only one reason I even found out about it was that after reading all the reviews and doing some researches I decided to cancel my health insurance and called HII directly. After 46 min waiting on hold I was told that I only had 10 days to cancel my life insurance policy! I was in shock. I end up filing a complaint and escalating to the next level so they made an "exception" and refund me my "one time enrollment fee" (been waiting for two week now). So PLEASE don't sign up for this scam!!!

I was shopping for cheaper monthly premium than what my employer offers, this insurance broker called me offering $305 monthly premium for me and my wife and tells me I have $0 annual deductible and basically all kinds of doctor's visits, routine exams, hospital stays, etc. covered at 100%. The insurance company is "Companion Life" and I would have to mention "multiplan nationwide PPO" when I call my doctor. I usually raise my eyebrow when something like this sounds too good to be true but I still went ahead.

At the final step of signing the application, I read "This plan is not insurance and is not intended to replace any major health insurance" so I started asking more questions and of course led to more truth. Luckily, I caught it and thanks to users review on this website, I didn't sign the paper so hopefully my card won't be charged. The caller sounded smart enough to find a more productive and fulfilling job rather than cold calling all day lying on the phone and losing morals every day. May god bless him.

My story seems to be the same as everyone else... EXCEPT they asked me for my SS #, My husband's SS #. No one else has mentioned if that was their experience. In less than 12 hrs My bank fraud dept cancelled my card to stop all charges so they would no longer have my banking info. I'm more concerned they have my SS#. So now was instructed by bank to report them to credit bureau which I will. Very mad that I fell for scam.

Well, I had work as salesman for Health Benefits Center that represents MultiPlan PPO network and all carriers, and is a totally fake. People that get this insurance will never get what they are told. Actually any of those insurance has the minimum coverage required by the government and the people will be penalized by the end of the year by not having a real insurance. None of those carriers cover hospital, not ambulance coverage, not inpatient or outpatient facility coverage, not medications. Everything a lied and the maximum cash benefit will get is just $50.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homeland Healthcare?

I took this so called insurance out Nov 2014. John ** said "if you stay in ppo network you will be fine." I paid 339.00 up front. 100.00 for membership. I used the insurance in Mar 2015 for outpatient surgery. Got the bill. It was over 5,000.00. Called Freedom Life. They don't pay for outpatient or hospital at all. So I argued with the woman. So I said I been scammed. It didn't pay a penny. So the dr said I needed surgery that couldn't wait. On June 1 had surgery. This time it applied 3,000.00 and now I owe over 20,000.00 in bills. So this is a rip off and a scam. I sent them a notice on July 13, 2015 that they better cancel all this insurance NOW. So it looks like I'm going to have to file bankrupt because of this so called great insurance.

The sales person lied to us and showed us how we can even end up getting refund from hospitals or medical provider. The most thing bothered paying almost close to branded health insurance company. Medical provider don't even recognize them. Not to mention one of the medical provider laughter at me. It was insulting for me and my family. $10 discount on doctors visit??? Paying over $500 per month? When I found out I took my family out of it and they did not cancel till billing cycle ends? I did not use the insurance card. I think I deserve a full refund please.

This business is a joke. They are a very shady. Was told that this was insurance that you could use to see a Dr any time you wanted but come to find out you have to call a representative to have the call and find the best price before you can ever see anyone. This is a joke - when I talked to the agent. She was informed me that this was a Gap basic/accident policy... so it is basically useless. Sure learned my lesson the hard way. Now to see if I get my money back.

I called blue cross blue shield looking to purchase health insurance. I thought I was at first speaking with a representative from BC/BS and realized that I was speaking with an agent who told me that they were affiliated with Blue Cross and was a group insurance so I would get a group rate of $390 plus joining fee, to cover my son and me. They told me this plan came with dental and vision. I thought it was inexpensive because it was a large group I was joining therefore I wouldn't be paying an individual rate. Like the saying goes, nothing is too good to be true and this was no exception. After joining by automatic check they switched me over to sign papers verifying that I agreed to the terms. Again, that twinge of something doesn't feel right and relayed my concerns to them. I saw in on one page that Multiplan ppo wasn't a major medical company in accordance with ACA.

When I questioned it, I was told that was because they didn't cover maternity expenses. But they assured me my doctors and hospital were participating providers. They even knew the name of one of my doctors, (I shutter to think how they got that!) Ignoring my gut, I signed. I woke up in the middle of the night not feeling good about the transaction and began a more detailed internet search and I came across this site and began to read all of the complaints of experiences just like mine. I immediately called at 9:00 sharp to cancel as I was told I had 30 days to cancel. First, I was given a customer service number that disconnected at first ring. I asked receptionist to connect me. I got a person who told me his name was **, and I explained that I wanted to cancel the policy. He told me because I just joined, my paperwork was not in the system and I had to call the person who sold me the policy.

I told him to transfer me and was put on hold for half an hour. I called repeatedly and the representative was "always with another customer" and would call me right back, which he never did. I finally got through when I got to speak with someone because I told them that I wanted to add another person to my account. When I got a live person I told them that I wanted to cancel and she repeated that I had 30 days and I didn't need to rush. I told them I wanted to cancel immediately and AGAIN she verified my information and she would put a request in for my cancellation. I said, "No request, cancel me NOW!" Then she said the request was in and I would get an email in a couple of days.

I said I want verification immediately and then I was given another number, spoke to someone else who told me they get a lot of requests and it would take time and in a couple of weeks, they would credit back my account (which they took out of my account immediately). I went to my bank and told them the entire story and because I came to them right away that although the money was already withdrawn, they would put it back for me within 24-48 hours ($544.80) and I filed a fraud report. The bank told me when reviewing my statement, a big giveaway of fraud was next to their name on them my bank statement was their phone number. Legitimate companies do not put phone number next to the company name transaction.

So in the long run because I took quick action and went to my bank I was able to have the bank give me back my money. If I'd waited for them I most probably would have never gotten my money back and they could have withdrawn even more money if I didn't realize until after the month review period. PLEASE, save yourself the frustration and the heartache of being ripped off! RUN as fast as you can from these people. I never thought I would ever fall for something like this, I am always super cautious. But they got me. So grateful that I didn't wait any longer to follow my gut!

I have been with Anthem Blue Cross since 2007. I had the Smart Sense plan. Seemed to work well but every year they raised my rates and deductible to the point of not affordable. So after 8 years I shopped and found a website online for Multi-Plan or something. Sold me that I could save money and they were a PPO plan with Dental insurance. They looked up all my MD's and they were in the plan and I even had RX coverage for a 200 per month savings. I requested the plan coverage guide which they never sent. I have requested for 2 months.

I went the Chiropractor and the front office manager said the plan is terrible and I had a discount plan only. So I was paying for nothing. Every time she called she was giving different coverage amounts. First I was covered with a 50 percent discount, then I had 3 visits and 1 exam per year. It was confusing to both us. Then I called again and was sent after demanding some chart in writing that I have on file that is completely different than what I was advised and also what was quoted to the office manager at the MD office.

The plan is a scam and now after discussing with a broker I don't even have insurance and don't qualify legally that I have insurance under the IRS guidelines. I also had to pay an application fee of 163 the first month. I was ripped off! I now am told my Mammogram I don't have wellness coverage either! This company should be of business!

This company will call as U.S. health group and try to get you to pay a $99 application fee and will quote you the lowest health insurance premiums but won't mail or email any documents - can we say RED FLAG 101. Any legit company will have no issues sending you some type of information to read and if they say they have none or it will come after they get your cc info then they are really only interested in your credit card - these guys are great cold callers though - you can tell a lot of $$ goes into training them on how to use key words that will allow you to trust them.

While my husband already gave his acct info but was still on line with them I started doing research and fell into a dark abyss of complaints and horror stories of seniors getting screwed by homelands AKA US HEALTH GROUP - so he immediately informed them we will not be moving forward and to cancel the app & 99/fee while I was already on the phone to our bank changing his card info and paying any fee needed to ensure these companies could not withdraw against our bank. The min my hubby said to cancel the rep got a total attitude and passed phone to a "manager" who ultimately called my hubby a ** and hung up on him - however this was after the first idiot had already given their direct lines, not the brightest crayon in the box are we ** - yeah you morons - we called you out. You guys are obvious scammers and I may not be around to witness it but I know for a fact that karma will be knocking down your door soon enough.

It's one thing to go after people like us in our 30's but to go after people with families or retired senior citizens since they are easier to mislead - that is disgusting. You must not have mothers, fathers or grandparents - and if you do better hope they don't get a call from us health group or homeland healthcare - or is that part of the training process? Ok new employees make sure to go home tonight and warn everyone you love and know to never accept the crap you sell -- I bet it's even in the orientation packet or training schedule.

Y'all should be super stoked that you have chosen a career that allows you to be proud of what you accomplish each day - "HONEY I’M HOME - I have great - super productive day today - I was able to cheat hard working Americans out of their hard earned $$ and offer them in return nothing at all except a few lies - I cheated 7 to be exact - ahhhhh it was a great day - now what's for dinner??" Scumbag pie - that's what Douches.

I have received a call from this company after the death of my husband. I was told all the great benefits. Now with them not covering my health needs, I am in debt to hospitals for over 6,000 dollars. I have tried to cancel but still have them taking money from my account. This has been very devastating to me financially. I wouldn't recommend anyone dealing with this company. Today I called to cancel. The women said she would have to transfer my call to get the information. When she came back on, said that department was in a meeting and she COULD take my information. So I've paid for Nov, Dec, Jan. Looks like I may have to pay for Feb. Going to go to bank and pay them to stop paying this rip off company.

I am looking around for health insurance and got a call and great offer from a guy called Alex from "Prime Nationwide". The deal just sounds too good to be true. I looked up the insurance company, they told me that I will be enrolling called "Multiplan PPO", and got linked to all these complains related to Homeland Healthcare. Essentially, they told me exactly same things as what others experienced with Homeland Healthcare. No deductible, monthly payment of $456.05 for a family plan (I originally quoted only for my husband and kids, and later I asked if including me, they said no premier increase, sounds really too good to be true), an enrollment fee of $170, and asking for my credit right away. This alerts me as I said I have not even seen the detailed plan yet, how come they need my payment right away? So I told them I need to check up their credential first before giving them my credit information.

I am glad that I did this first, and found out this most likely is a scam. I don't know if they are the same group of persons, just using different company names. The guy called me, told me his company is "Prime Nationwide". I definitely will not sign up with them. Sometime things too good to be true, usually is not true. Hope others who did sign up with this company can share their stories with other consumers.

Homeland Healthcare never sent out any policy information for me to review. I called to cancel the policy after finding medical insurance elsewhere due to no information received from HHC after the application process. No full refund was given by HHC. I phoned customer service to cancel the policy. The phone call was supposedly being recorded - GOOD! I explained there was nothing received from HHC as far as a policy by email or by postal. I had moved on to seek alternative medical insurance since I felt I had been scammed by HHC. In the conversation with HHC to cancel the policy the representative hung up the phone on me when I requested a supervisor so I can obtain my refund. They said they would give a partial refund to my Discover Card. Why a partial? I received nothing from them. It’s called "cause and effect". You scam me - I cancel.

This is a poor substitute for health insurance. Preminum are removed before due dates. No refunds. No information given to individual about the plan or restrictions. What happened to quality.

FACT: No provider in this country can legally offer a plan or enroll a member outside of the national four month open enrollment period which runs from November 15th through February 15th! I was enrolled outside of this timeframe, discovered nobody I went to was in the network. A frustrating call to their hotline revealed that anyplace I went, this would pay only the first 75 bucks and if by some miracle I went to a provider in this phantom network, nobody could tell me what the discount or coverage deal would be since every provider contract was different. I probed further asking what levels of coverages even existed as provider participation options and got no answer, just an offer to sign up as a provider which I am obviously not. OMFG how does this place not get raided by some governing body of compliance agents??? Does any government regulatory bodies exist that do anything in this country anymore? Page after page of consumer affairs posts is not enough evidence to warrant shutting this scam down? ** Christ! This is as blatant as shooting a cop in a police station!

I cancelled my plan today. I asked for a refund and was told no by your customer care representative. Now I know why they want payment before you can see what the benefits really were. Then, they have the audacity to charge a non-refundable enrollment fee. News flash: you have to refund every dime of people's money when you are guilty of misrepresentation, i.e. fraud. I will be reporting this to Consumer Affairs, the BBB, and the Federal Trade Commission and have my bank go after this company as well. There are enough complaints which are comprised of the same issues to validate an investigation.

I tried to make a doctor appointment for my sister and when they ask me what type of insurance she had I told them Homeland Health Care and they never heard of the company name. It's not in the system. Then I look and see that there are all types of complaints about this company. I have been paying my health insurance with this company for 5 months and haven't gone to the doctors yet so what do I do now? I've talked to your representative and they haven't told me a doctor that I can go to.

I was seeking insurance and came across this company. I was told I'd have coverage on 9-1-14. That wasn't true!!! I was seen at an urgent care and the doctor wanted to send me to the e.R. for further evaluation. I called the number on card to try to find a hospital that I could go to...no luck!!! Left name and number and was to get call back in an hour. That never happened. This urgent care visit was on 9-19-14, I got a call back on 9-22-14!! To my surprise I'M not covered until 10-1-14. I wasn't told that. Another red flag is I tried to register online in hopes to find a hospital within that hour...again no luck! The number on card meant nothing. I could not register at all. Oh!!! The first incident was a week or so prior to this....went to urgent care, they couldn't find this company. I had to show them an email the company sent that had urgent care that they use....do not give any information to this place.

Initial agent lied about prescription coverage, stated my primary care physician accepted this coverage and did not advise that automatic deductions were required. Avoid this company if you value your sanity. After over 75 communications, I finally filed a complaint with the Texas Insurance Commissioner. This is a company of Representatives trained in deception. BEWARE.

I signed up for AWA insurance under Homeland Healthcare under the pretense that my prescriptions would be less expensive than I currently pay without insurance. I currently spend a little less than $500 per month on medications which keep me working and playing like a 30-year-old despite arthritis in spine and hips due to old MVAs. Let me be clear, I am not looking for a handout. I am and always have been a functional, hardworking, society contributing, tax paying citizen since I was of legal age to become employed and to pay taxes. That being said, I was mislead by the sales person who sold me the insurance and told me I would pay 50 to 70% less per month on these prescriptions and in addition, I would be able to see doctors as needed. More details were given but space here is limited.

I first noticed the incongruencies at the pharmacy. The Pharm techs and the pharmacist told me I would pay more for ** with the insurance, which only provided a discount card for prescriptions, than I normally would, without insurance (the sales person specifically looked up my 3 drugs and quoted ranges in price, all not true). I returned home, called AWA with the 1800 number and they answered my questions re: doctor visits (they only pay for refill visits, not "sick visits") re: ER visits (they do not pay) but I was assured that they pay up to $2500 for surgeries. So I tried to think of a surgery that cost that little. I came up with mole removal... I politely declined staying enrolled in the program and was refunded my one month premium in good time yet I feel I was cheated and lied to by the vendor. I want my $99 back for my fraudulent phone call.

Signed up with insurance January 6, 2014, paid $277.00 from debit card. I was told by DOUGLAS If not satisfied I could cancel and get my money back (within 30 days). Insurance went into effect the 15th @ the 21st, I canceled (not right for my needs). Asked for my refund (@277.00) and was told they would deposit my money back into my account. Checked my account and only $178.00 was deposited in account, they still owe me $99.00. I was told by PHIL ** that it was taken for process fee and to contact Homeland Security (they have my money). Phil has contacted me since my cancellation @ trying to get me to find a plan that is for my needs. I talked to 4 different people the day I signed up and I'm getting different responses from them. NO information was sent to me about the plan. I would like my $99.00 sent back to me, I can take this to the Better Business Bureau @ discuss this matter with them. I would appreciate a response and the rest of my refund ($99.00). Was not aware of process fee and was told that it was explained to me during conversation @ was recorded. PLEASE contact me as soon as possible about this matter. Thank you.

**. They keep taking money out of our bank account which put us in the negative 2 months in a row. We told them after the first month not to take it out but they still did. Once we got these cards I took them to our pharmacy and they told us they aren't worth anything. They do not do anything but give a discount on our medicines. We found a better company that does more for less. Homeland Healthcare are scammers, people stay away!

I was told by "Monica" after she got in touch with me after I signed up on the healthcare website about all the great deals from her company. She told me it was a multi plan PPO and that it was shared from United Health/Blue Cross/Cigna and that it came with dental, vision, hearing, and RX along with that, it had no deductible and it covered myself and my son for $338 per month but I had to sign up to see the policy. One month later I have some plastic cards that are good for some discounts @ some places and what I have now come to think worthless health insurance. I replaced existing health care insurance that cost more $ with what I think turned out to be junk. BTW that I have yet to send me a policy to review.

They get your money from your hand. They sell the insurance, get your money from your bank and the customer ID number is fake. They send 2 pages of paper with cards fake. I report to my bank and now waiting for investigation. Please don't call, this company is fraud.

I was pregnant with our daughter when my boyfriend signed up for the MultiPlan insurance so that we were prepared to have her covered as soon as she was born. For obvious reasons, I was reluctant to have found a company that told him they would cover everything and included dental and vision. Of course, I knew for the price he was paying monthly ($275.00), this was too good to be true but we trusted it. The first red flag came when scheduling appointments and 99.9% of doctors' offices I would schedule my daughter's well visits at had NO idea who this company was and they could never locate them. It would take the extensive work from the front desk staff to even locate her coverage.

Then, the doctor's bills came after she was born. This of course surprised us since Fabina told us they could backdate my daughter's insurance. Lies. When we confronted Fabina about this, she started to become irate and completely threw professionalism out the window. This left us with approximately $2,000 in bills. Then to make matters worse, turns out they wouldn't even cover my daughter's well visit shots! After speaking with a nurse at Indian Crest Pediatrics she said that this wouldn't even be good enough to be known as a supplemental plan.

After reviewing the coverage, it only covers 3 doctor's visits up to $75! After many months of dealing with their extremely unpleasant customer service, we cut ties and switched to a Kaiser Permanente plan (which is fantastic by the way). Then today I received a letter from one of my daughter's doctor's visits for her mandatory audiology appt. when she was born saying the hospital has not received a response for payment OR denial of coverage from that appointment. So I called MultiPlan who were rude per usual from the get go and they were saying they never received the claim from The Children's Hospital and again, pointed the finger at other people.

All in all, it has been months since we cut ties with this scam of a company and we are still stuck in their tangled web they weave as they take advantage of real people in need of health coverage. Please, I am begging you, read ALL the reviews of this company and trust in us that this is a scam that will take your money and leave you in bad health with a pile of bills. I really hope that this prevents other innocent families from getting taken advantage of. Thank you.

Like so many, an unwilling (and almost violated) victim. Ironic that the phone call came as I was sitting down to review other insurance plans after my surprise rejection from a major carrier. Me, an uber-healthy 61-year-old retired tweener, turned down. "Courted" shortly after by something out of a bad Clint Eastwood movie - a company with no name. My prying questions vaguely answered, neatly deflected, my "concerns" muted with the recurring schtick, being called the wrong name, hearing the sounds of phones ringing off the hook in a major call center.

Finally, when the dust settles and I get a "real-live" insurance agent # from "my state," along with a "great rate" from a company I have never heard of. The basic rate sounds good, until I realize that the actual "health insurance" makes up less than 50% of the total package. When I ask if I can get the insurance just by itself, the price goes to $330 just for the insurance (HUH?). I back down once, then attempt to go back through the four different numbers of the verifier. When she puts the jugular down and admits that the credit card payment is going out RIGHT NOW, I throw it all out the window where it belongs, immediately get off the phone, proceed to get two more threateningly persuasive calls that "it won't look good on your record to be turned down twice" and go outside and scream in frustration, anger and disappointment that I was so stupid and such a sucker to let this thing play out.

And I am proud to say that I GOT SMART and resisted this unappealing probably legal assault on my already bummed out health life and quite frankly at this rate WHO NEEDS INSURANCE. I'D BE EASIER OFF DEAD. I read over every posted review about this "outfit" and to the last guy who wrote and works for the company, how can you go home and sleep at night? The whole wasted day makes me puke!

I thought the only place in America you could legally get screwed was in Nevada. This is a scam for people that want insurance to get less than minimal coverage for a relatively cheap price for peace of mind ONLY. They are taking full advantage of the times and probably do not expect anyone to pay more than two or three months and cancel. They pay practically nothing and promise everything. If it is worth 3 or 4 hundred a month for you to state you have coverage, it is a fine program. It is a scam of the lowest nature imaginable, and is just barely above the law to avoid prosecution. They pay virtually nothing and merely will negotiate a lesser settlement with hospitals on your behalf. It is truly "sucker coverage" for desperate folks that need care.

I was called on Monday morning by a person called Anthony saying he is from US Health Insurance. The offer was 80% coverage with only 20% out of pocket expense. He refused to give me the plan name saying without approval he is not supposed to give the plan details. He said the name is MULTIPLAN PPO from US HEALTH insurance. I registered with my details over the phone, provided my credit card details and they said a onetime application fee of $135 would be charged and a total monthly charge for the first month would be $435. The entire signing up lasted for less than 35 minutes and I had no glimpse that I am scammed.

After the signing up and agreeing to all their terms and conditions, he hung up saying I would get the brochure in 5 working days. After that, I searched the web and found this website saying it's a scam. I immediately called my Chase Bank and told them the whole story. They suggested to me to cancel the credit card and they would provide a new one. That's it. Anthony called me a day later saying my payment did not go through and to get the things right. When I told him that this is a scam and I read in the web, he immediately hung up. Thanks god!!! I was narrowly saved.

I was contacted via phone by an insurance representative, Kevin **, who claimed to be able to provide complete medical insurance for my husband. They claimed to cover people who had pre-existing conditions. I called back as my husband had been declined by previous insurance companies. I was told that coverage would be 80% for in-patient hospital treatment and we would be responsible for 20%. I was also told that once out of pocket was paid, I then had 100% coverage through AWA insurance. When the brochure arrived explaining the plan details, nothing was as presented to me by phone. This is minimal coverage and not worth paying the monthly premium for. This is a scam. They sell this Medical Insurance as being like any other type you would purchase from Cigna etc., and this insurance is nowhere near being a regular type of medical insurance you would purchase for yourself or your family. They are more in the lines of life and disability insurance and product along those lines. This product can’t even be called a supplemental insurance. That is how minimal it is!!!

This is the worst insurance. I had an ER visit for an acute migraine and the cost of the treatment was over $8,000 and the insurance paid $250. I am now struggling to pay the medical bills. This insurance is a waste of $330 per month. I have not been seeing a doctor because I don't have the coverage or savings to take care of my issues. In 8 months I will be on Medicare and can't wait to dump this lousy insurance.

Homeland Healthcare Company Profile