Get peace of mind

Need to know more about health insurance? Shop providers on our guide.

Check health plans
1.31/5

Get peace of mind

Need to know more about health insurance? Shop providers on our guide.

Check health plans

95 Homeland Healthcare Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

So glad I took the time to read reviews. Why is Healthcare.com allowing this huge scam to go on under their name? I called them directly only to get a Daniel ** at ** to assist with this scam. He had me believing that for $200.00 a month I would have all the "insurance I needed". He was almost licking his chops trying to get me to give him my card info. I thought this is way too fast of a talking guy and that has got me in trouble in the past and of course he couldn't guarantee that if I didn't buy right now that I could get this deal later (like tomorrow). He bluntly asked me why I wasn't buying today and I told him I never make quick decisions. Always take a day or two to check things out, think things over. That wasn't good enough so I made up another excuse that I needed to see what my employer had in store for me this year. I am so glad I read all these reviews. Thank you all for the advice. Appreciated.

Original review: May 2, 2018

If I could give a "0" star review for this so called health insurance company, I would. First of all if you do not what they are providing you they will talk to you like you are dumb. Secondly, I was oblivious to think that this "health insurance" company would provide me with all the coverage I need. Luckily I cancelled before they took more of my hard earned money. These health company or whatever they are, are absolutely HORRIBLE. Stay clear.

Get expert buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 9, 2018

If you are shopping for an affordable health care plan, DO NOT LISTEN and definitely DO NOT GIVE YOUR CREDIT CARD info to those scammers on the phone. I made the mistake of entering my data in obamacaregov.org and right away got calls from the so called independent agents. They tell you on the phone why they are cheaper and can sign you up, even do a mock check of your health status, congratulating that you are entitled to that affordable plan but that plan is only valid today (SIGN NOW! of timeshare salesmen comes into my mind), they claim it is a 100% money back guarantee. After getting the second call (they refuse to sent me a contract first per email so I declined the first) and hearing the exact spiel, I am sure that this all is a scam.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

A couple of months ago my husband was shopping for health insurance because the insurance offered through his employer is exorbitant for a family. He came across this company and he was told that they offered PPO insurance that would accept our current doctors. This was imperative for us as we have a child experiencing a chronic illness that requires multiple monthly doctors visits to a variety of specialists.

We paid the first payment and waited for the cards and policy information to come in the mail. I was expecting the signs of a legitimate policy to materialize, such as a book within network doctors, etc. When the cards finally came, I was immediately alarmed by what I saw. A "dental" card that required an additional $50 payment after a "free trial" and a discount prescription card, as well as a discount medical card. What the actual hell?!?

At this point, I was really concerned and talked to my husband and he reiterated that he was told that this was PPO insurance. The cards we received clearly stated "this is not insurance." So now I'm pissed, I googled the company online and came upon this website with multiple stories similar to our own. I then proceeded to cancel my child's cardiology appointment scheduled for that day. I now have to rush to find legitimate insurance prior to the next specialist appointments or I will have to cancel those as well. I am incensed! We have already paid this company hundreds of dollars for what only amounts to a discount program. I will be filing a complaint with the FTC immediately and I suggest that anyone else who was scammed by them do the same. I am appalled at their unconscionable behavior and they should not be allowed to be in business, in my not that humble opinion.

Original review: July 11, 2017

Cardinal Choice Insurance - This insurance company is a joke and the customer service is terrible in almost every way. The only time I got them to tell me what coverage that I had was when I cancelled the policy. The agent did not even tell me that what I was purchasing did not even meet the minimum coverage allowed by the government, I will still be taxed even after the purchase of this insurance. So my lesson is that it is better to get in touch with a real insurance agent and have them explain the coverage that you are purchasing. That is what I am going to do.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homeland Healthcare?

Original review: May 22, 2017

This is A scam. They tell you they are Blue Cross Blue Shield. It is A lie. I received insurance cards cost 200.00. They Refused to give me my money back. They hung up on me. Very Rude! Also the phone number on the card is not even their company! I had Doc office call this is when I found out! So Reporting them as A total SCAM!!!! They go by Cardinal Choice as per the card they send you!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I am not sure what to call it exactly but the entire thing was a complete joke. My top complaints include; Insurance agents and management lied about the coverage over a recorded phone line, not small details either but actually told me I had dental and that turned out to be a lie later when I was told by another associate that it was not part of the coverage I had with them. They would not send me any email or details of the coverage until I would make a payment so by the time I figured out how horrible the whole thing was, I was out of $200 that never got it back nor did I receive any medical care or services at one time because I couldn't find any clinic in network.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

They have now changed their name to Peace of Mind Health Solutions. BEWARE!!! 0 friends, 1 review,1.0 star rating 2/6/2017 SCAMMERS!!! Please beware! I called to sign up for insurance and spoke with an Ian, he assisted in explaining that this company was partnered with all the major health insurance companies and that they assist in getting good rates. I asked for information on the plans, he asked my price range, and some doctors that I go to, to see if they were available for the coverage, and Ian explained the PPO plans in my area. After stating that was a bit too high for me, he then recommended their personal plan which I was told was a total of 227.95 per month that included dental then they mentioned an $170 enrollment fee. They also had my doctors in the network.

After stating that was a bit too high Ian then told me he would waive the enrollment fee for me. I added vision, and it came to about 256.95 total. I explained what I could afford at this time, I was then told they could take installments. He told me then they could break down the payments and they would take 214.95 today, and then take the rest 2 weeks later. I then waited almost 2 hours for "verification" while waiting he told me the questions they would ask, provided me with a contact phone number (866-205-8046) for customer service and said they would be there to assist with any issues, and mentioned a 30-day refund. He then gave me a policy number and stated no one could speak to me about my policy, without providing the number to me first. The phone hung up, I was called back from a Florida number (**). It was Ian.

I continued to wait patiently then verification came on the line the agent never stated her name, she only stated she was from the "verification team" she proceeded to verify the information with me on a recorded line, when we got to the pricing part, the total amount I would be paying today, was 298.95 I told her that was incorrect, as I was only supposed to pay 214.95 (this is when it was fishy). I then asked her how 298.95 minus 214.95, equaled the amount I was scheduled to pay 2 weeks later, the difference was in fact more. She then brought Ian back on the line, and he proceeded to tell me that there was still an enrollment fee and to take note that he was able to save me money on my policy. He proceeded to tell me that I would be required to pay this amount because he did this for me.

I thanked Ian for doing what I thought was HIS JOB (finding me the lowest price possible) then I explained, that I was not willing to pay a cent more than what I was initially told. He then said he didn't know if he would be able to get this removed, I then explained that I had been waiting for 2 hours, and he failed to mention anything about this additional fee for enrollment, and I was clear on what I'd be paying and I refused again to pay any more than 214.95. He then told me he would get the fee waived. The verification specialist came back on the line and verified the correct price. We proceeded, I was scheduled to have coverage at 12:31am EST the next day and receive my insurance cards via email. The next day I went to pay my credit card and I noticed a declined amount for 298.95 (they tried to take the larger amount).

Luckily, I had only placed in what I was willing to pay, and the payment was declined, I proceeded to call 866-205-8046 and I spoke with Andrea (she did not state this policy number), she then told me they did charge me the incorrect amount she does see where the error occurred and it must have been a discrepancy with the billing department. She then told me she would call me back in 15 to 30 minutes, to find out what happened and explain and assist me further. I never received a call. I then began receiving calls from local numbers and out of state numbers ** all asking me for heath care, when I told them to stop calling they just hung up and called back.

The next day I called the number back and received an immediate voice message "This is Peace of Mind Solutions we are currently closed, our normal business hours are Monday through Friday 8am EST." This was at 10am on a Wednesday morning. I called back, same message, I called the number Ian called me from, same message. I then googled "Peace of Mind Solutions" I found 5 complaints from the BBB regarding a number which I called and guess what? Got the same recording! Similar if not worse experiences than what I had endured.

I then found out that their coverage is not even legitimate, and they do not provide refunds. I called again the second day, same voicemail message, all Day. The following week I called again and got through. Guess what? They were using new names (no policy# given again)! Luckily I was able to change my card information and that payment did not go through. Hopefully, this can help someone else before they get scammed! Please beware of this company!!! They are A FULL-TIME SCAM!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

I should have come to Consumer Affairs to review this company before I went forward. I've worked all day to try to find individual health care coverage in Arizona. I went to websites of major carriers - Anthem Blue Cross, Aetna, Cigna, etc. and was redirected by each of them to a telephone exchange where there were supposedly licensed insurance brokers to help me find appropriate coverage.

I'm a cautious person - I was very careful. Just like other reviewers here, I asked for a website that I could review the details of the policy terms and conditions - I asked for information to be sent to my email address for me to review before buying. There were always reasons that I couldn't get the actual specifics in writing - only over the telephone - and it was stressed that I would be able to have a period of 30-days to review the materials and cancel if I wasn't satisfied or everything wasn't as described. It all seemed just slightly fishy.

But after trying for hours, searching major insurance providers for options, and getting "Multiplan" recommended by numerous supposedly independent and licensed insurance brokers on the telephone, I was talking with a person who seemed by far more knowledgeable than others earlier in the day, and I went forward with her so that I could learn more about the details.

I asked A LOT of questions - she referred me to an expert to help with answers - and then back to the broker to finish up. I decided to go ahead and get the information and see if the written policy was "as good" as represented verbally. THEN, they started putting me through the "car dealer" treatment... leaving me on hold for long periods as they transferred me through three layers of verification of all the information and taking my credit card number. They kept repeating things over and over and wearing me down to the point where, after about an hour of this, I was tired out and just wanted to get it done. However, as I kept listening to the "fine print" and being asked to state "I agree" to things that I hadn't previously been told or understood. But, if I asked a question, they would stop and restart the entire recording process, so they told me not to ask any questions until they finished, so as not to interrupt their multiple recordings.

I became more and more alarmed. In response to an "I agree" question, I finally said that I wanted to cancel the whole thing, as per the initial representations that I could cancel at any time, which they had said was "starting now." They immediately transferred me to the "Compliance" guy, and he proceeded to berate me for more than 45 minutes, calling me names like "stupid" and saying that I must have "turrets" - that I was talking in circles and making no sense.

When I said I simply wanted to cancel, he asserted that the carrier (who was part of the Federal government) would not allow me to cancel unless I could give satisfactory reasons, to him and the carrier, and they would decide whether they were willing to accept my reason. I explained that I simply wanted to cancel because I didn't like the way I was being treated and I didn't like the company - he said that I should know that I was talking to the Federal government and they didn't care... didn't I know that the Federal government and Obama Care make the rules and they don't need to care? It was all getting pretty crazy - he even accused me of not caring about ISIS... what? And he said that he wouldn't allow me to cancel unless I could give him the exact name of the insurer, and he would bet that I didn't know the name.

Finally, after more than 45 minutes of abuse, I said that I would have to call Visa and ask them to cancel the transaction if it posted to my account. He replied... "Go ahead... there is nothing that Visa or you can do. We have recorded everything that you agreed to, and you are stuck", and he also said they have done this to others that tried to cancel a credit card transaction. AND HE SAID THEY ALWAYS WIN because they have great recordings of every stupid thing that I said.

I'm still shaking as I write this and I'm very emotionally distressed and upset. I finally just had to hang up the phone... this guy was going to stay there and continue yelling at me until I caved. I truly believe that this is a complete shake-down - if you ask and they refuse to cancel, they get your first month's payment, at minimum, and who knows what happens after that. I never post reviews (I think that is a risk), but in this case, this was behavior so unconscionable, I had to try to help other consumers figure this out before they get hurt like me.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

The person who I spoke to told me my premium would stay the same until I turned 65, and I would receive life insurance. I would have to pay a one time fee of $306 for administrative costs. I asked for a email or fax of what the plan covers and he said he could not give that to me. He asked several times for my credit card, I told him I would have to talk to my husband first. He wanted me to get him on the phone. When I told him that was not possible he again asked for my credit card so that he could hold my spot in the plan. I told him no, I also said I was reading reviews and asked if the $306 was for life insurance, after a long pause he said no. I checked with my state and this is NOT major health insurance. I am glad I saw these reviews.

Homeland Healthcare Company Information