2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance

3.7/5 (397 ratings)

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

About Globe Life Insurance

Globe Life offers life insurance products for adults and children with coverage amounts up to $50,000. The simple application process requires no medical exam or waiting period, and rates start as low as $3.49 per month for adults. The company charges only $1 for your first month, and it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

Pros

• No medical exam
    • 30-day money-back guarantee
    • Whole life policy for kids
    • $1 for first month

Cons

• Limited death benefits
    • Limited riders

Bottom Line

Globe Life Insurance is ideal for families and individuals. Customer reviews highlight the easy application process and affordable payments. It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, but it has limited death benefits.

Top Globe Life Insurance Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I called about my payment card. I had to have my bank to turn it off and go get another one. He told me that it was no problem and since my payment was already in process that we ...

Verified

Denise was very pleasant and helpful, I had questions that I’m sure she has been asked 100 times. Denise took her time to explain and was patient throughout the whole process. ......

What is Globe Life Insurance?

Globe Life sells life insurance with coverage up to $50,000 for adults and $30,000 for children. The Globe Life application process is simple, and the company does not require a medical exam. Globe Life offers online bill payment and a mobile app for easy access to your policy. The company also gives free quotes with minimal personal information.

Globe Life Insurance application process

To apply for Globe Life insurance, use the quote tool and choose any level of coverage (up to the maximum). The quote requires information such as your age, location, beneficiaries and medical history. Globe Life provides a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you change your mind. For more information or help with the application process, call a Globe Life customer service agent.

Globe Life Insurance policies and coverage

Globe Life has life insurance policies for adults and children. Policies for adults are available for those up to 75 at the time of sign-up; policies for children are available for those 25 or younger, though age restrictions for whole insurance policies for children may differ by state. Its children's life insurance can pay up to $30,000 in benefits. Globe Life’s life insurance for adults provides coverage amounts ranging from $5,000 to $50,000, and there’s no waiting period.

Globe Life Insurance rates

Healthy adults might pay as little as $3.49 per month for life insurance with Globe Life, though rates are likely to be higher depending on the coverage amount you select, as well as your age, income, location and health history. Families can pay as little as $2.17 per month for life insurance for children, though you might expect to pay between $5 to $14 per month for this type of coverage.

Globe Life does not require medical exams, but customers should answer honestly about their medical history when applying. During the application process, make sure to disclose any preexisting medical condition; otherwise, the company might not pay the death benefit.

Globe Life Insurance claims process

For Globe Life policyholders, the claims process differs depending on the policy underwriter. Visit the Globe Life website to begin a claim. Life insurance policies that aren’t yet two years old are considered “contestable,” with claims subject to review. Policies more than two years old are “incontestable” and will be paid upon receipt and examination of required documents.

Globe Life Insurance FAQ

Does Globe Life have a waiting period?
    No. Globe Life Insurance allows customers to buy any life insurance product and receive coverage immediately.
    Does Globe Life offer senior life insurance?
    Yes, senior life insurance is available for customers looking to cover final expenses associated with funeral costs, hospice care and other outstanding debts. This coverage option is ideal for older individuals who may not need extensive coverage.
    What can I do with the Globe Life app?
    Customers can complete the following tasks within the Globe Life app:
    • Pay a monthly bill
    • Set up payments for one-time expenses
    • Access and edit personal information
    • Monitor coverage
    • Review coverage and plan options
    • Interact with Globe Life on social media

Is Globe Life Insurance good?

Globe Life is a great option for families and individuals looking for affordable life insurance policies. The company covers children up to age 25 and adults up to age 75 (at the time of sign-up). With its low costs, 30-day money-back guarantee and no medical exam requirement, Globe Life gets our recommendation.

Globe Life Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Globe Life Insurance?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I made a payment online and there was a problem. I received a kind letter reminding me of past due. However, my policy would stay active until I was able to make payment online or by phone. This was 10 days later after payment was due. They were very understanding of the issue I had with their system.

Globe Life Insurance response

Mark, thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We're happy our Globe Life representative was understanding and able to resolve your auto payment issue. Thank you for choosing Globe Life and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

They helped me out in making sure my loved one was taken care of in our time of sorrow, I was very worried that we wouldn't be able to lay her to rest respectfully but Globe Life made sure we did not have to stress about anything.

Globe Life Insurance response

Cecily, we send our sincere condolences to you and your family on the passing of your loved one. We pray for you and your family during this difficult time. We appreciate you and the trust you placed in Globe Life and we're honored that we were able to be there for you and your family when you needed us the most. Thank you for choosing Globe Life and God bless you and your family.

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Globe Life Insurance has a wonderful plan for grandparents to give for their grandkids. Representative was very pleasant. Answered all questions in a timely manner. She was a pleasure to speak to and work with.

Globe Life Insurance response

Esther, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Globe Life. We’re happy our representative was pleasant and able to answer all your questions and provide you with the great service and coverage for your grandkids that you expect and deserve. We appreciate you reaching out to us and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Original review: July 16, 2021

Person on photo very pleasant, knowledgeable, and especially kind on the phone. The phone call went as expected very knowledgeable and experienced on the product, I would recommend any family and or friends to GlobeLife insurance.

Globe Life Insurance response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Roseanne! We're glad our representative was knowledgeable, pleasant, and kind while providing you with the excellent service you expect and deserve. We look forward to serving you in the future and we appreciate you choosing Globe Life!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

I called customer service to update my automatic withdraw payment method because I had closed my checking account and reopened a new one. The representative asked me for all my information then told me she was unable to process my request and would transfer me to another department that would complete my request...she transferred me back into queue for the same department I was in...so after waiting, the second representative did the same thing...asked for my new payment information which was a debit card, she placed me on hold and then came back saying she was having trouble processing it for some reason so I told her to hold on. I would go out to my truck and get my routing and account number, she responded that she couldn’t wait on me to go get my banking information...

I was a little upset at the response and as calm as I could, told her as I was walking out to my truck that it was very harsh of her to tell me that she couldn’t hold for me yet I had been very patient with her... She was silent... As I was getting my information she said, "Well I’m going to put you on hold while you do that so I can do other stuff I need to do..." needless to say I hung up. I called back and the third representative told me that I would have to call back Monday (5days later) to see if the update took but she wasn’t sure. I advised her the payment was due in 4 days. She said that would be fine but I would need to follow up and make sure the payment went thru.

My issue with this was that the first representative just handed me off to another because she did not know what to do...the. The second representative was impatient...unwilling to wait for me to get my account information even I waited on her and I had my debit card to begin with..and the third representative told me to callback and follow up instead of her making sure it was done properly. But now 2days later I receive an email from Globe Insurance asking for me to make a payment so I’m assuming the automatic drafts did not get setup as requested. Hmmm very poor customer service.

Globe Life Insurance response

Heather, we're very sorry to hear about the unacceptable service you received while trying to change your auto payment. We want to make sure we find a resolution as soon as possible. Please send us via PRIVATE response the name on the policy, if different from yours and your policy #. We'll have a representative contact you and hopefully resolve this issue to your satisfaction. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

I am very happy with the policy that I purchased for my grandson. I like that my payments will never go up as long as he has this insurance, he's only just turned 1 so he will surely benefit from this in the future.

Globe Life Insurance response

Jeffery, we sincerely appreciate your feedback! Thank you for the trust you’ve placed in Globe Life for the financial protection of your grandson. Providing affordable protection through a process that is simple and easy for our policyholders is our goal and we're happy you're a satisfied customer. We look forward to serving you and your family for years to come!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

Despite repeated requests for GL to stop sending spam emails, I continue to receive messages. Can you trust a company that uses such tactics?! I have also filed complaints with the FTC. GL uses third party marketing companies for spam to attempt to avoid responsibility.

Globe Life Insurance response

Paul, we sincerely apologize for this excessive emailing issue. Please send us your full name and email address via PRIVATE response and we'll place you on our "Do Not Contact" list. Again, we're very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you and look forward to resolving this as soon as possible.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Customer Service needs to improve, I waited online too long and then felt like I was disturbing them. I discontinued my service for that very reason. Plus you pay too much for little coverage. Customer service sucks.

Globe Life Insurance response
      Renee, we apologize that your recent interaction with Globe Life didn't provide you with the service you expect or deserve. If there's anything we can assist you with that is unresolved, please send us via PRIVATE response your name, policy #, phone #, and the best time to contact you.

We'll have a representative reach out to you for a resolution. We look forward to hearing back from you soon and are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

When I got this life insurance for my daughter in 2005 I was told that my daughter could burrow against it. Now they tell me that's not right so I told them every time I called I would get a different answer. Now they said if I cancel the life insurance I would only get 229 dollars after spending out all the money for 14 years. Do not fall for this life insurance for children or adults. Oh ya they told me my daughter can benefit from this policy and I said how in the world could she benefit from a life insurance policy. They actually said it's In her best interest to have a life insurance on her. I said she has to die to get any money and how would that benefit her. She would be gone. They're in it for the money. They lie to you. Beware.

Globe Life Insurance response

Laura, we sincerely apologize if this policy wasn't explained properly at the time of purchase. There are several factors that go into accumulating cash value in a whole life policy and we invite you to send us via PRIVATE response your name, your daughter's name, the best phone #, and the policy # so we can better answer any questions or concerns you might have regarding your daughter's policy. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Oct. 5, 2021
      I signed up for a quote with Globe Life Insurance online, and the next thing I know, I have a policy which I never signed for, paid for, or agreed to in any shape or form. And I get a notice in the mail, and my wife reads it and thinks that I took out a life insurance policy without her knowing. This is not a good business practice. It should be against the law for them to do that.
      Globe Life Insurance response

Jeffery, we're sorry to learn of your experience and take claims of this nature very seriously. We invite you to send us an email to Globewebmgmt@globe.life with more details so that we can investigate this matter.

Take a Life Insurance Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Globe Life Insurance Company Information