3.8/5 (746 ratings)

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

About Globe Life Insurance

Globe Life offers life insurance products for adults and children with coverage amounts up to $50,000. The simple application process requires no medical exam or waiting period, and rates start as low as $3.49 per month for adults. The company charges only $1 for your first month, and it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

Pros

• No medical exam
    • 30-day money-back guarantee
    • Whole life policy for kids
    • $1 for first month

Cons

• Limited death benefits
    • Limited riders

Bottom Line

Globe Life Insurance is ideal for families and individuals. Customer reviews highlight the easy application process and affordable payments. It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, but it has limited death benefits.

Top Globe Life Insurance Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I called about my payment card. I had to have my bank to turn it off and go get another one. He told me that it was no problem and since my payment was already in process that we ...

Verified

Denise was very pleasant and helpful, I had questions that I’m sure she has been asked 100 times. Denise took her time to explain and was patient throughout the whole process. ......

What is Globe Life Insurance?

Globe Life sells life insurance with coverage up to $50,000 for adults and $30,000 for children. The Globe Life application process is simple, and the company does not require a medical exam. Globe Life offers online bill payment and a mobile app for easy access to your policy. The company also gives free quotes with minimal personal information.

Globe Life Insurance application process

To apply for Globe Life insurance, use the quote tool and choose any level of coverage (up to the maximum). The quote requires information such as your age, location, beneficiaries and medical history. Globe Life provides a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you change your mind. For more information or help with the application process, call a Globe Life customer service agent.

Globe Life Insurance policies and coverage

Globe Life has life insurance policies for adults and children. Policies for adults are available for those up to 75 at the time of sign-up; policies for children are available for those 25 or younger, though age restrictions for whole insurance policies for children may differ by state. Its children's life insurance can pay up to $30,000 in benefits. Globe Life’s life insurance for adults provides coverage amounts ranging from $5,000 to $50,000, and there’s no waiting period.

Globe Life Insurance rates

Healthy adults might pay as little as $3.49 per month for life insurance with Globe Life, though rates are likely to be higher depending on the coverage amount you select, as well as your age, income, location and health history. Families can pay as little as $2.17 per month for life insurance for children, though you might expect to pay between $5 to $14 per month for this type of coverage.

Globe Life does not require medical exams, but customers should answer honestly about their medical history when applying. During the application process, make sure to disclose any preexisting medical condition; otherwise, the company might not pay the death benefit.

Globe Life Insurance claims process

For Globe Life policyholders, the claims process differs depending on the policy underwriter. Visit the Globe Life website to begin a claim. Life insurance policies that aren’t yet two years old are considered “contestable,” with claims subject to review. Policies more than two years old are “incontestable” and will be paid upon receipt and examination of required documents.

Globe Life Insurance FAQ

Does Globe Life have a waiting period?
    No. Globe Life Insurance allows customers to buy any life insurance product and receive coverage immediately.
    Does Globe Life offer senior life insurance?
    Yes, senior life insurance is available for customers looking to cover final expenses associated with funeral costs, hospice care and other outstanding debts. This coverage option is ideal for older individuals who may not need extensive coverage.
    What can I do with the Globe Life app?
    Customers can complete the following tasks within the Globe Life app:
    • Pay a monthly bill
    • Set up payments for one-time expenses
    • Access and edit personal information
    • Monitor coverage
    • Review coverage and plan options
    • Interact with Globe Life on social media

Is Globe Life Insurance good?

Globe Life is a great option for families and individuals looking for affordable life insurance policies. The company covers children up to age 25 and adults up to age 75 (at the time of sign-up). With its low costs, 30-day money-back guarantee and no medical exam requirement, Globe Life gets our recommendation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Globe Life Insurance?

Original review: March 27, 2022

I bought life insurance for my family. Little did I know my husband would die unexpectedly so soon. It was during the contestability period of my life insurance. I knew I had been honest when taking out our policies however it took Globe 5months to research and pay out his claim. Although I did a lot of the legwork for them because when I would call to inquire they would state they were having a hard time getting certain medical records, I would call the company and the doctor would give a different story. Final point is after the review was done, Globe did payout his policy. His funeral was paid for and they sent me the check for the remaining funds. They also paid interest on the money since it had taken so long. So as long as your completely honest when filling out your application for insurance you should never have any issues. Although the process was long. I still thank Globe for being a day 1 coverage as their claims state.

Globe Life Insurance response

Crystal, we hope and pray that you and your family are doing well since the loss of your husband. We appreciate you and the trust you’ve placed in Globe Life and we're honored that we were able to be there for you and your family when you needed us the most. We thank you for choosing Globe Life for this important coverage.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

My grandkids parents have passed away, so any affairs are handled by us their grandparents, and Globe Life DID handle this need immediately! There is 5 children, now I have a life policy on all, 11 years to 25. This took a lot off us knowing now they are covered for the rest of their lives and it was a fast process to go thru with globe life. I do recommend them, truly!

Globe Life Insurance response

Peggy, we hope and pray that you and your family are doing well since the loss of your loved ones. We appreciate you and the trust you’ve placed in Globe Life for the financial protection of your grandchildren and we're honored that we were able to be there for you and your family when you needed us the most. We look forward to serving you for many years to come and we thank you for choosing Globe Life!

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

I am very happy with the policy that I purchased for my grandson. I like that my payments will never go up as long as he has this insurance, he's only just turned 1 so he will surely benefit from this in the future.

Globe Life Insurance response

Jeffery, we sincerely appreciate your feedback! Thank you for the trust you’ve placed in Globe Life for the financial protection of your grandson. Providing affordable protection through a process that is simple and easy for our policyholders is our goal and we're happy you're a satisfied customer. We look forward to serving you and your family for years to come!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I called listening to menus, followed instructions and spoke to a person. Representative was polite, professional and answered my request for copies of policy. Was told should be received 5 to 7 days. Made payment, received confirmation and concluded our call.

Globe Life Insurance response

Patrick, thank you for letting us know how we're doing. We sincerely appreciate you and the trust you’ve placed in our company for your family's financial protection. Our goal is to always provide polite, and professional service to our customers and policyholders and we're glad your experience reflected that. Please let us know if we can be of further help to you.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

They helped me out in making sure my loved one was taken care of in our time of sorrow, I was very worried that we wouldn't be able to lay her to rest respectfully but Globe Life made sure we did not have to stress about anything.

Globe Life Insurance response

Cecily, we send our sincere condolences to you and your family on the passing of your loved one. We pray for you and your family during this difficult time. We appreciate you and the trust you placed in Globe Life and we're honored that we were able to be there for you and your family when you needed us the most. Thank you for choosing Globe Life and God bless you and your family.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

I took a life policy out on my grandson when he was a few months. I never thought I would use the policy. I never thought we would lose him at the age of 19. A parent and grandparents' worse nightmare. I am so thankful to Globe Life. We could not have taken care of him without the policy. The funeral cost were paid very quickly with no stress of me handling anything and I could stay focused on what needed done. Thank you from all of us.

Globe Life Insurance response

Kathy, we send our sincere condolences to you and your family on the passing of your grandson. We pray for you and your family during this extremely difficult time. We appreciate you and the trust you placed in Globe Life and we're honored that we were able to be there for you and your family when you needed us the most. Thank you for choosing Globe Life and God bless you and your family.

Resolution response: Aug. 7, 2022

After ten requests and verifications = Finally I do believe Globe Life Management will accept my surrender of my 4 grandchildren's Juvenile Whole Life Insurance College Savings Account Policies and will mail a check NLT 15 days. That is Good!

Original review: July 28, 2022

Updated on 07/29/2022: A a 12year Globe Life Juvenile Whole Life Policy Holder I am now getting help from Consumer Affairs independent Agency for Reviewing and attempting to moderate issues with Customers and Insurance providers. Thank you! Globe Life Insurance moved from Oklahoma to North Central Texas to help provide better service to her 3.5 million "valued" customers. BUT I have been attempting to cancel and "Cash"' in my 4 Grandchildren's College Savings Juvenile Whole Life Policies for over 30 days and only received 1 follow up call from Globe Life Management today (Friday 29 July 2022 at 10:30am PST) with a promise from Management to send me an Email (now 5pm PST) concerning Resolution of my original request.

I have provided the DOB, ADDRESSES, PHONE #S, etc, etc of my 4 Policies 7 times to Customer Service and now Management is reviewing the same 4 individual Policies info. and are now requesting by FAX "in writing" with my requested SSN (which I provided happily) and my USPS verified USA address. BUT BUT I cannot FAX because Mexico, where I am serving on Humanitarian (non pay status) Relief for COVID19, cannot FAX to a USA phone #. Therefore Consumer Affairs Please Please help me get a Positive Response from Globe Life Management via my Email: ** as to if and when I might receive a Policy Cancellation and details as to what Cash check I might receive at **? Thank You - Dr. Roger ** (aged 75+) Phone: **. Yours for a Resolution and an improved star ⭐ rating for Globe Life Worldwide Insurance Company.

Original Review: I used Globe Life App plus emailed cs@globelifeins.com 5 times over a period of 2 weeks in July 2022 for relief in changing my email so I would not be caught off guard in my AutoPay from my Checking Account as Policy Holder; Plus I asked values of my 4 grandchildren's policies purchased at Birth. Globe Life Insurance has been withdrawing for over 10 years. But Globe Life Customer Service will not call nor email me with answers. Maybe Customer Service will respond to my "negative review" thru Consumer Affairs. Thank You for hearing complaint. Dr. Roger **

Globe Life Insurance response

Dr. Roger, we're very sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation and the inefficiency of our service. If you could please send us via PRIVATE response your full name, policy #'s, phone #, and the best time to contact you. We'll have a representative contact you and resolve this issue to your satisfaction. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Original review: July 28, 2022

Globe Life Insurance cares about your life. They are friendly, professional and offer great prices for term and whole life insurance. Everyone needs to call and see their rates for introductory polices.

Globe Life Insurance response

Randolph, thank you for reaching out to Globe Life! We’re glad we delivered the excellent service you deserve and expect. We sincerely appreciate you choosing Globe Life.

Original review: July 25, 2022

I talked with a representative on behalf of my mother and I knew they would need a copy of my POA. I faxed it & waited 1 month the process to be on file. Only to call and find out they would not acknowledge it. Stating they need proof of why I'm speaking on behalf of my mother. I wasted an entire month. The rep. Should have told me they needed proof when I called the first time. I asked if her diagnosis from her physician is what they need and was told only the legal department could determine that. I'm not real happy with this. My mother has dementia and is in a nursing facility.

Globe Life Insurance response

Sharon, please accept our sincere apology for your mother's policy issue. The situation you described is unacceptable and not indicative of the way we do business. If this issue is still unresolved please send us via PRIVATE response your full name, your mother's name, her policy #, phone #, and the best time to contact you. We’ll have a supervisor reach out to you for a resolution. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Original review: July 18, 2022

I tried to make 2 months payment but they debited my account for 3 months and I’m on a fixed income and that put me in trouble with my bank. I called customer service and was hung up on, emailed them and it was refused.

Globe Life Insurance response

Melanie, we're very sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation with your payment and the inefficiency of our service. If you could please send us via PRIVATE response your full name, your policy #, phone #, and the best time to contact you. We'll have a representative contact you and hopefully resolve this issue to your satisfaction. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Take a Life Insurance Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Globe Life Insurance Company Information