3.01/5
  • 1 star
Based on 82 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 12, 2017

87 GEICO Motorcycle Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Their damage adjuster had my chopper motorcycle towed to a repair shop that he picked for my me because I had never had an accident before nor did I ever need to have anything repaired before and I trusted I would be in good hand with them. After 7 month I had to have my bike towed out of Sixx Pigz bike shop in worse shape than when it had arrived and GEICO refused to help with matter at all. And the bike shop refused to refund the money and never gave me the a bill for any of the work that GEICO was tell had done. I have my motorcycle in another shop and I am having to pay out my pocket for repairs.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

In October 2016 I was riding my adventure motorcycle off road, had a tip over, got back up and not only rode 80 miles to the campground, but 700 more back home. I had hurt my leg during the tip over and did receive medical care 2 days later... my medical insurance did not cover all costs and the medical facility wanted to verify that I did not have personal injury coverage on my motorcycle. So a quick call to GEICO, they verify I do not carry personal injury, done deal. Months later and my annual policy renewal has a 31 percent increase... no payout or claim was done, motorcycle had zero damage, etc., but GEICO apparently assessed me a 4 point loss of control incident and raised my rates 31 percent.

I discussed this with 2 agents and apparently there is no accident forgiveness despite there being no accident. In the big picture I have a 31 percent rate increase for a non claim and I received no benefit. Had I pushed my motorcycle off the mountain road, filed a report and paid a 500 dollar deductible, I would have cash in hand for the value of my bike, a better chance of accident forgiveness, and my rates may not have gone up as much... how does that work?

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 30, 2017

On March 12, 2017, I purchased motorcycle insurance, and paid 12 month premium of $191 for liability only coverage. On July 25, 2017, just 4 months into my 12 month policy, I get an email from Geico that my policy has expired, due to past due payment. I called Geico to find out why they would send me an email about past due payment, just 4 months into a policy that was paid 12 months in full. Geico said that I had added collision coverage, which doubled my premium, and only covered me for 6 months. I told them that I had no intent of adding collision, and if I did, it was by mistake while searching options online.

I also asked that even if that was the case, and my premiums doubled, cutting my coverage time in half, I should still be covered through September 12, 2017. So why would you say my policy expired in July? Hey it's only $200, I ride my motorcycle mane 2 to 3 times a year, for less than 500 miles total... I just chalk this up to a bad experience... I did however, feel like this was such a bad business practice, that I went to see a Geico reviews, and that's where I found consumer affairs reviews... Looks like I'm not the only one having a bad experience with Geico. Should have researched reviews before I bought the policy.

Original review: May 5, 2017

Read your policy very closely. You will find that if you move out of the way of a car, following too closely and have an accident, GEICO considers you responsible! They will not pay to cover your expenses. If you cannot prove that a motorist was too close you are up the creek. They have a Tucson based office that are the most miserable people to deal with, particularly Sierra. To avoid an accident I suffered the total loss of my motorcycle, which I will still owe 3k to the bank, broke a handful of ribs and was unconscious for 4 days. The officer and the Judge in traffic court found me "not responsible". We're not even talking a lot of money but it's a fortune to me at my stage of life. Buyer beware, with this bunch of hoodlums. Seriously do not use these guys! I should have stayed with Allstate. What is insurance for if not to cover expenses from an accident that you are not at fault for?

Original review: April 12, 2017

We were very satisfied with GEICO Motorcycle Insurance. To us, they were a very good insurance agency. They were always very courteous, helpful, polite and friendly. Never had a problem they couldn't solve. When they randomly raised our insurance rate, they were quick to solve the problem. They have numerous policy options, from bare bones to full coverage and everything you could possibly think of. They had options like vandalism or theft of your stereo. We had full coverage including things like theft of our helmets or stereo.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GEICO Motorcycle Insurance?

Original review: April 3, 2017

GEICO has great customer service. All my questions were answered and my problems were taken care off quickly. The representatives were nice, friendly and spoke perfect English with no accent. There are lots of policy options and they provide decent coverage. All the basics are covered under the cheapest policy and I’m satisfied with it. But if you want the best coverage then the premium price becomes much higher.

Original review: March 29, 2017

I was involved with an accident with GEICO and one of GEICO adjuster told me they will pay for the car seat as long as I have concern about it. Its support is so nice and professional. When I have a question, their customer service always help me solve my trouble, but also sometimes is a little slow, with a big time of response. Their policy are acceptable but I think their coverage should include more aspects, in accident case. Other companies include more aspects.

Original review: March 25, 2017

Policy options experience with GEICO Motorcycle Insurance is great if they only would be faster at paying claims and paying you what you think you should get paid. It takes awhile to get someone on the phone and when you get them on the phone it takes them forever to answer a simple question and they are not very friendly when you talk to them. When you file your claim it takes a long time to process and I feel they don't give you the best when they do pay your claim. I filed one for vandalism and I got 46 dollars because my deductible was 500 and I felt I should have gotten more. I would like to make my deductible smaller but it's rather expensive. But overall the coverage is great.

Original review: March 24, 2017

GEICO Insurance answered the phone fast and gave prompt service. They had lots of policy options and allowed me to pick as I please. Moreover, their representatives were helpful and promised me what I want. After a week I had my cash which I then used to buy a new bike. They cover much and I wasn't disappoint.

Original review: March 15, 2017

GEICO's policy options are very good. It is very easy to add or remove coverage as needed and cater your coverage to your specific needs at the moment. I am very satisfied with the coverage that I receive. It makes having more than one vehicle covered so easy. Also easy to get help if you need to update account information. Very great service. Very friendly and helpful.

Original review: March 14, 2017

GEICO Insurance had lots of policy options and the rates were good. The person who signed me up was knowledgeable and my policy was easy to understand. However, I only wanted basic insurance being that my purchase was a used motorcycle and was only worth a couple of thousand dollars. I needed the insurance for liability. I rode the motorcycle for a while but didn't get into any accidents nor had a claim. After that, I used it as a trade-in on a truck and haven't had any motorcycles since.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

I tried to get a quote from GEICO for motorcycle insurance. I have a new bike so I wanted comprehensive insurance. The initial quote was for just over $560. About an hour after I filled out all the forms I got an e-mail from GEICO saying that they were going to charge me $1,465 because of an accident on my record. Only thing is, I haven't had any accidents and neither has my wife (who doesn't have a motorcycle license anyway).

The e-mail provided a telephone number so I called. About 15 minutes after telling their electronic phone server that I was calling about a motorcycle policy I was finally answered by a live person who asked me what I was calling about. I repeated that I was calling about a motorcycle policy to dispute a fictional accident and was told "I'll have to put you in touch with a motorcycle specialist." That was over two hours ago and I am still on hold. This is absolutely outrageous. I have never had to wait this long, even at the DMV. Needless to say, if they are this bad even before I am a customer, I am more than wary of what they would be like after.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

Always seems to be helpful when I call them, never put on hold for long periods of time. I always get the answers to the questions that I have. I had someone hit my motorcycle and knock it down with damage. They two different tow trucks and cut me a check the same morning. They had it picked up by the second truck and had it in the shop by lunchtime.

They had many different policy groups to choose from, the more you pay the better coverage you get, just like everywhere else. The prices are really reasonable. The coverage is really good. I had to have knee and hip surgery and while I was down and could not ride they changed my coverage to lower coverage at a lower fee then when I recovered I went back up to my normal coverage and price.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Geico has provided great customer service when we've had questions regarding coverage for our new motorcycle and what it fully covers. They have friendly operators that have been able to answer all our questions. We haven't had to file any claims with Geico but we have friends who have all said that their coverage has been wonderful and filing claims and having them processed has been a very simple process. Their policy options include a wide variety of choices that were helpful for us when it comes to including motorcycle coverage. Would highly recommend using them for all types of insurance coverage. They are friendly and have been very helpful.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

Haven't used the claims yet, but the information provided seems easy enough to understand and any questions that I have are answered when I call the online phone numbers. The motorcycle insurance will not cover any more than ten thousand dollars for damages, which is a third of what my motorcycle is worth, but that's better than the other companies that I called for quotes. The value is a better rate and does offer more coverage than the other companies that we spoke with, but we know if something does happen they at least will cover a bare minimum. The company has been around forever. They gave me the answers to the questions I asked, and we're pretty informative, but as I stated we have not had to use the claims for our motorcycle yet.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

They are very helpful, caring and great! Willing to go above what is asked of them. Very responsive and they are great listeners. Quick to help when you are in a bind. It was great. They knew exactly what I needed when I needed to file a claim and provided me with some great information. EVER. IT is very clear and precise on what they need and what is in your plan. Easy to read and understand. Never had an issue with dealing with my policy. GREAT coverage. It covers everything and I am very safe and secure with this policy.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

Geico insurance customer service is friendly and goes out of their way to make sure I fully know what my coverage entails and make it easy to file claims with a fast turn around. They offer several ways to communicate with them and regularly offer other products that are appropriate for my needs. They offer an easy claims process including making contacts where necessary. Claims go through quickly. With the great turn around it's easy to get repairs done quickly so I'm back on the road with little stress. They offer several options that meet everyone's budget. Their plans are all very reasonable on the pocket book and can be bundled with other insurances for great savings. You can get everything from the minimum coverage or customize your plan increasing amounts of coverage for less cost out of pocket for medical and loss of life as well you can add additional riders as well.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

Customer service did great. They help you through everything if you have to make a claim. Their rates are low and the coverage is nice. Very fair for what you want. The claims processing is nice. It does not take long for them to take the claim info and make it right. They work with you through it all. They keep you informed on everything that is going on with your claim. The policy options they have got you is nice. They have several for you to chose from with the right price to pay. You do not have to worry about if you got the right coverage. Their coverage option range from liability to full coverage. Each set of coverage options they have for you has a different price but none are very expensive. Each option they will work with you on it.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

I'd definitely rate this customer service as a 10. They are excellent. They're always so kind whenever I call or have any questions. They're pretty great. I'd recommend this to anyone. They make it as simple as they can and stress free and I definitely appreciate that it doesn't take a lot to do the process. It's really great. I love what it has to offer and it will cover you so I couldn't ask for more. I'm totally satisfied with it. Coverage is great. I'm definitely satisfied with the coverage. It's just what I need and I'm glad they cover their customers or else I wouldn't be with them.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

I filed a claim this year for a roll over wreck I had in my Can-Aam side by side. I am a new Geico customer. The wreck happened Labor Day 2016 and still to this day they are not wanting to do anything to fix my side by side. I have talked to several adjusters at Geico and they are the most horrible individuals to deal with. How they talk down to you and the no return calls or emails for weeks. I would never recommend this ins. company to anyone. I should've never left Usaa. It's October 12 now and I'm still waiting.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

Great for getting claims. Need money in a hurry to get another vehicle replace one that damaged. Not wait a long time to get another vehicle. They make sure taking care of right away and not lead to waiting a long time like other insurers who just collect the money and run. Do not care about customer at all. Policy that the customers always come first no matter what. Money should not be a businesses. You be covered for another vehicle and not wait around like other claimers. They appreciate customers well being and that is more important than anything in the world.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

The customer service at Geico is great. The representatives are all very nice and professional, and seem to really care about their customers. We have always used Geico for insurance. The claims processing is simple and easy. The representatives really help you file your claim, and it is a very stress free experience. There is a wide selection of coverage options, depending on what you are looking for. Geico provides great coverage options, which is very reassuring in case of an accident. The coverage with Geico is very good. We were in an accident a few years ago with Geico as our insurer, and they took care of everything for us. We didn't have to pay for anything, they even provided us a rental car while our car was in the shop.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

I briefly had motorcycle insurance through Geico for my husband and was very surprised at how knowledge and friendly the customer service representatives were. I can't say that I ever had to file any claims with Geico but the customer service representatives were very helpful at finding the lowest rates. The customer service representatives were very helpful at finding the right amount of coverage needed for my husband's motorcycle and I was very pleased. The customer service representatives gave me a choice of having uninsured motor vehicle coverage or not and whether we needed comprehensive and collision insurance.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

Customer service is the best I have dealt with. So many options available for me to use and it covers my motorcycle almost to the fullest it can cover. Great claims processing that I have dealt with and I would recommend it to anyone that wants to be the same thing as well as me. It would be a good choice. A lot of different policy options. That's why I keep using GEICO insurance company and it's been awhile since I have been with a good insurance company. Almost full coverage, but how do they make money if you don't pay something? It's still a awesome experience to be with GEICO. I have recommended it to a lot of people who are looking for good insurance.

Original review: July 22, 2016

When I was to know about their businesses they was on point and I'm happy I'm with them. I would recommended them to friend and family because they really do care. They really help with my problem. I did not have no trouble contact them about claimed processing. They was very nice and kind also solved my problems. I would recommended this company to anyone. This company policy options is on point. They have a lot of option to chose from and that is very good. This company have you covered by the insurance you really want and they would help you out if you want other insurances that you might want later on.

Original review: July 16, 2016

GEICO has the smartest and most knowledgeable representatives I've ever had on the phone. They are fast and smart with anything. When it comes to claims they are fast and everything just flows so smoothly. Very fast and reliable. They are the best company we've ever had for insurance and the cheapest!! We will never ever go with any other insurance for our home or vehicles. There is a wide broad range for policy options. They are the cheapest we've ever seen. We have a large family so this helps us a huge deal. With our previous company we were paying DOUBLE for the SAME vehicles and coverage! Coverage options are great. Many to choose from and the price compared to other companies is literally insane. We have called and have had quotes down by almost every company there is and nothing compares to GEICO!

Original review: July 13, 2016

Great customer service. Employees are knowledgeable and provide an enjoyable experience. Employees are polite and have a good knowledge of their product. Great ads too. Love the lizard. Claims are processed quickly and accurately by knowledgeable employees. The process is explained well and efficiently and the customer is kept in the loop about the progress of the claim. Have injury, property, collision. Have just about all that you need to protect yourself from financial disaster. Accidents unfortunately happen and these policies help when they happen. Coverage is not only good and complete but reliable. It keeps you protected from financial disaster, administered by knowledgeable employees.

Original review: July 12, 2016

No complaints. The few interactions we've had have been quick and easy. Sometimes the wait on hold takes too long but once call's picked up everything goes smoothly. I have not yet needs to file a claim, as I am a good driver and try to not crash it to stuff and people because crashing is bad and hurts and breaks stuff and I like my stuff. Policy options are wide and varied. Many different choices for levels of coverage. A policy is the terms of agreement between a customer and the insurer. Those terms can be varied and changeable.

Original review: July 8, 2016

GEICO was priced right and they always were fair. I had them for my cars and added the motorcycle so the insurance on the motorcycle was inexpensive. Any claims I had on the cars were always paid fast. The claim is made by call the 24/7 claim office and GEICO would send an appraiser to where your motorcycle is and work with the repair shop for the best repair. My policy covered liability collision and medical. If the motorcycle was total they would give me a fair market price for the motorcycle. The coverage was beyond all CT state law requirements a million dollar umbrella covering all my rides. GEICO will help you set up the best coverage for your motorcycle. They did a great job for me.

Original review: June 30, 2016

The customer service is top notch so much so that I can always depend on a quick resolution to any issues I might have. I have always highly recommended this service to my family and friends. My claims processing is never hard or tedious. I always have a stellar experience. If I had any problems they were quick resolved by the customer service team. Very proud of them. The policy options are the best on the market for me and my family. I have the opportunity to review my policy and go over the options with my agent and am always treated with the utmost professionalism. Their coverage options are easily understandable and easy to choose from. My agent takes the time to explain all of the options that make it easily accessible. Would not trade this type of service.

GEICO Motorcycle Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Founded in 1936 under the name Government Employees Insurance Company, GEICO now insures more than 22 million vehicles and continues to provide affordable insurance to men and women in and out of the service.

• Instant online quoting: Easy online quoting can give you insurance within minutes.

• All-the-time customer service: Their customer service line is open 24 hours a day, every day of the year.

• Convenient communication: Call, email, chat or text with GEICO, using any contact method that is convenient for you.

• Flexible payment options: With GEICO you can pay monthly, pay the entire premium or break payments up into four, six or nine payment installments.

• Deep discounts available: GEICO offers a range of discounts for those who qualify, like multi-bike discounts, auto and motorcycle package deals and more.

• Best for: Weekend warriors and everyday riders.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky