toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

CSA Travel Protection

Thanks for taking time to leave a positive review. We're happy we were able to help!

Original review: April 11, 2017

I don't usually purchase travel insurance, but will from now on. We bought CSA for our trip to St John, USVI. During the trip, my mom fell ill so I contacted CSA. CSA's emergency center was efficient & professional throughout our crisis.

Resolution In Progress

CSA Travel Protection

We’re sorry to hear about your negative experience and apologize for not meeting your expectations. Unfortunately, while we were able to locate your file, we have not received your mailed claim forms and supporting documentation. These documents are required in order to move forward with your claim process. Please reach out to us at (800) 348-9505 or via email at csa@csatravelprotection.com if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Original review: June 6, 2017

My family and I were going to travel to Las Vegas 14-18 May 2017. I am a disabled veteran and started experiencing back spasms which would not allow me to fly. I thought at the time how lucky I was to purchase a CSA Travel Protection Policy. I called the airlines, cancelled my flight, contacted CSA Travel Protection, was sent a packet to fill out, filled it out, mailed it, and waited. I am still waiting. I have contacted CSA and they tell me the packet is not there. Now what, I certainly do not want to make and pay for another doctor visit and fill out the burdensome packet. I guess I will keep waiting and hoping. At this point my premium payment returned would be better than nothing.

Resolution In Progress

CSA Travel Protection

We’re sorry to hear that your trip was interrupted and apologize for not meeting your expectations. We take customer service and the claims review process very seriously and cannot stress enough that it is important to review the coverage details of our plans via the sample Description of Coverage/Insurance Policy that’s provided at the time of purchase, and contact us at (800) 348-9505 or via email at csa@csatravelprotection.com with any additional questions you may have. We also offer a free look back period with all of our plans to allow customers to cancel their policies within a designated timeframe as long as they haven't already left on their trip or filed a claim. While the plan you purchased is typically able to provide coverage if you are forced to interrupt your trip due to a common carrier delay or cancellation resulting from adverse weather, the plan is unfortunately unable to provide coverage if your originally scheduled flight is not cancelled or delayed and departs as scheduled. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reach out to us at the number or email provided above.

Original review: May 21, 2017

I booked a cruise for my adult daughter and me for the dates April 8-15 and took out CSA Travel Protection months in advance for the cruise portion. When we arrived at the airport an hour ahead of the scheduled flight to fly to Tampa via Atlanta on April 8 on Delta, the Delta agent told us that our flight was changed to April 9 due to there having been adverse weather conditions from April 5-7 in Atlanta which had caused cancellations of flights from our airport (CRW) to Atlanta for those days. Due to the backlog of passengers trying to fly from CRW to ATL, the plane for which we held reservations was full. We had confirmed reservations and on April 7 Delta sent us an email reminder of our flight scheduled for April 8. Delta did not notify us of the change of flight until we were at the ticket counter at 5:20 a.m. on April 8.

None of the other carriers at CRW had flights that would get us to Tampa by 2:00 p.m. that day. Although we explained to the Delta agent that we needed to fly to Tampa to board a cruise that afternoon, we were not allowed to board the flight. We missed the cruise. I submitted the claim for payment due to trip interruption due to adverse weather. CSA denied our claim. We are out the money I paid for our cruise AND I BOUGHT TRAVEL PROTECTION INSURANCE. If this wasn't an eligible situation, then what is??? I am going to file a complaint with the attorney general in the states in which CSA is registered to do business. I also have LegalShield and shall turn this over to one of their attorneys. CSA says in the fine print that one has to wait sixty days to file with an attorney.

CSA Travel Protection

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review! We're happy to help and hope your trip goes smoothly.

Original review: May 6, 2017

I liked what I saw on the computer. I did comparative search and felt that you had the best coverage to fit my situation. I also liked that I could call and speak to a real person to buy the policy. Thank you. The person I spoke with was very friendly and all was done effortless. I most likely do not need the policy, since I am still very healthy, but like the comfort in case something happens. The fee for the coverage was very reasonable. Thank you. If I do another self planned trip, I certainly would look at your policies first. Of course at this time I have not used your policy, since my trip has not yet started. I hope that all goes well and have no need to test its effectiveness.

CSA Travel Protection

We’re sorry we did not meet your expectations as we take reviewing and responding to claims very seriously and want customers to understand the coverage details of our plans. We cannot stress enough that it is important to review these details via the sample Description of Coverage/Insurance Policy that’s provided at the time of purchase, and contact us at (800) 348-9505 or via email at csa@csatravelprotection.com with any additional questions. As you mention, our Property Damage Protection plans are designed to protect your guests from accidental damages that they may cause to your rental during their stay. We strongly recommend home owners inform their guests they will not be penalized in any way if they cause accidental damage and a claim is filed. As the guest’s designated beneficiary, the plan is unable to provide coverage for you if your guest denies accidentally damaging your property. If you have any further questions regarding the coverages under this plan, please reach out to us at the number or email provided above.

Original review: April 26, 2017

BEWARE!!! This company just totally ripped me off. I required a guest to take out travel protection insurance when they rented a property with me through VRBO and the guest ended up holding a spring break party at my house and did nearly $800 in damage. CSA told me that he... yes, he... denied doing the damage so they are only paying for a small amount of what he did. Seriously???

I lost money on this rental. The renter just outright lied and said he didn't have a party, and CSA tells me he is the one insured and protected. RIGHT!!! He is protected up to $1500 so why will they not pay me for $800 in damages when I provided photos, repair estimates, a list of damages, and offered to provide eyewitness accounts to the 50+ person and 20+ car party he held at my house? Because CSA is a money-making scam is why.

All he had to do is say he didn't do all the damage — possibly because I gave him a rating of one star on VRBO??? And CSA, who is laughing their pocketbooks off when he says he didn't do the damage, reports back to me that, "Oh, sorry, he is protected from you with this policy... not you are protected in case of damages by him." That is HORRIBLE!!! VRBO is not that great of a company in the first place (horrible customer service) and this just tops the cake!!!

CSA Travel Protection

Thank you for your positive review! Trip Cancellation coverage can provide coverage for your prepaid non-refundable trip costs if you're unable to take your trip due to a covered reason. Some of our plans offer Cancel for Any Reason coverage if certain requirements are met. Please reach out to us at (800) 348-9505 or via email at csa@csatravelprotection.com if you have any questions or wish to learn more about our product offerings.

Original review: April 22, 2017

CSA Travel Protection is worth having. I wouldn't lose any money if we didn't get to go on our travel.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CSA Travel Protection?

CSA Travel Protection

We’re sorry to hear about your negative experience and apologize for not meeting your expectations. Unfortunately, we were unable to locate your claim based on the information provided with your review. Please reach out to us at (800) 348-9505 or via email at csa@csatravelprotection.com as we’d like to be able to review your claim with you. We hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: April 20, 2017

As with most if not all insurance companies, their goal is to avoid paying out claims. This travel insurance company has worded their policy in such a way so as to cover nothing of any substance. My tour to Europe was canceled through no fault of my own. The cancellation cost me $1100 in deposits plus airfare. CSA covered NOTHING as the ONLY way they'd pay is if the tour company became financially insolvent and canceled the tour. They don't cover any of the airfare although I needed to purchase it as part of the tour. Don't buy travel insurance from this company. You'll be disappointed if through no fault of your own something happens. As I stated, they've worded the policy to pretty much exclude most of what can realistically go wrong in a trip.

CSA Travel Protection

We’re sorry to hear about the circumstances surrounding your claim and apologize for not meeting your expectations as we take customer service and the claims review process very seriously. We want our customers to understand the coverage details of our plans and cannot stress enough that it is important to review these details via the sample Description of Coverage/Insurance Policy that’s provided at the time of purchase, and contact us at (800) 348-9505 or via email at csa@csatravelprotection.com with any additional questions. We have dedicated customer service representatives who can clarify the plan terms and conditions and guide you towards the best coverages. To further ensure customer satisfaction, we also offer a free look back period with all of our plans to allow customers to cancel their policies within a designated period as long as they haven't already left on their trip or filed a claim. While the trip cancellation coverage included in the plan you purchased can typically provide coverage if you are forced to cancel your trip due to the unforeseen sickness or injury of yourself, a traveling companion or family member, your coverage must be in place before the sickness first commences or takes an unforeseen worsening in order for the plan to provide coverage. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reach out to us at the number or email provided above.

Original review: April 18, 2017

I purchased protection for my recent trip to Mexico because my brother was admitted to the hospital for a sudden illness. Since I didn't know for how long he was going to stay in the hospital I decided to purchase this travel protection so I could extend or shorten my trip. I had to extend it because he was still in ICU. I called and explain to a CSA representative and she gave me advise and send me the paperwork to complete once I returned to USA. I did what I was told and few weeks later I was told that it was declined because my brother was already sick before my flight.

I don't see any sense in buying travel protection unless you have doubts about your flight or stay. For goodness sake I didn't purchase health insurance (for pre-existing condition) it was a travel protection. I predict CSA going to face a major lawsuit for ripping people off as many other have. If you consumer are reading this please do NOT buy from CSA and also advised your family and friends.

CSA Travel Protection

Thank you for your positive review! Feel free to reach out to us with any additional coverage questions at (800) 348-9505 or via email at csa@csatravelprotection.com.

Original review: April 10, 2017

I've had a great experience with CSA Travel Protection. I'm 78 years old and purchasing travel insurance is the only smart thing to do. I've always used Allianz before but as far as knowledgeable agents, CSA's were very good. Also, I couldn't believe how inexpensive the plan was. But I was talking to their agent in regards to the policy that I have with the Club Med program because their plan that I purchased with my trip is not as inclusive as I would like it to be. I'd have to call them back and do some add-on supplements to it.

CSA Travel Protection

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear about the circumstances surrounding your claim and for not meeting your expectations. We take customer service and the claims review process very seriously and strive to provide a fair, equitable and timely process for all customers. We are pleased to advise your claim has since been resolved and you should have received an email from a dedicated team member. If you have any further questions, please reach out to us at (800) 348-9505 or via email at csa@csatravelprotection.com.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

OBX is a popular vacation destination, but renter beware. We purchased hurricane insurance. The realty company gets a share of each policy sold. There was a hurricane (Matthew) last Sept, which knocked out the power to the area. The realty company called us and encouraged us to come anyway because the "power is generally back on within a few hours". Once we arrived, we were left sitting in a parking lot for 2 1/2 hours because the roads were too flooded to reach the home. We requested alternative accommodations but the realty company didn't have anything (really?). Hotels were all full. The only resolution was to wait until the water went down and go to the uninhabitable house. We were there for 3 days with no power, no flush toilets, no cooking facilities, no lights, no air conditioning and 6 inches of sand in the pool, hot tub and on the decks.

The owner send people out to clean on the 3rd day. The realty company did nothing. The power was restored after the 3rd day when we complained to the county commissioners. Again, the realty company did nothing. Our vacation was scheduled for 2 weeks. Our car was damaged due to debris on the beach from the storm. Once we came home, we filed a claim with the hurricane insurance company. It has been repeatedly denied over the past 4 months. I'm certain that quite a few people were affected and denied reimbursement. We will be filing an insurance commission complaint shortly, but this is a decent story/warning. Attempting to locate others who have had similar experiences.

CSA Travel Protection

We’re sorry to hear about the circumstances surrounding your claim and apologize for not meeting your expectations. We want our customers to choose the correct policy to fit their needs and cannot stress enough that it is important to review the coverage details of our plans via the sample Description of Coverage/Insurance Policy that’s provided at the time of purchase, and contact us at (800) 348-9505 or via email at csa@csatravelprotection.com with any additional questions. We have dedicated customer service representatives who can clarify the plan terms and conditions and guide you towards the best coverages. The plan you purchased includes approximately 15 different covered events under which we can provide coverage if you are forced to cancel your trip. While the plan is typically able to provide coverage for cancelling your trip due to a mandatory hurricane evacuation if requirements are met, coverage is not available under the plan if you purchase the insurance after the tropical storm has already been named and considered a foreseeable event. Some plans are able to provide coverage if you have to cancel your trip due to an interruption of essential services at your destination if requirements are met. Unfortunately the plan you purchased does not include this covered event. If there is something specific that you want to be sure is covered, please reach out to us before you purchase the policy at the number or email provided above.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

In October 2016 our party of 6 purchased airfare tickets through JustFly.com to go to the Bahamas in Feb 2017. We received tickets through Delta and also purchased the travel protection with CSA. In November 2016 our timeshare resort was destroyed by Hurricane Matthew. Half the island had no electricity, poachers took over abandoned hotels, most were evacuated, and the resort advised that the projected re-opening would not be until late November 2017. Since the Bahamas was heavily damaged we opted to cancel our airline tickets. We contacted CSA and they sent us a cancellation packet. The packet was filled out to the T and certified mail was sent. CSA denied our claim stating that they do not cover Hurricanes. Hurricanes are a natural disaster, evacuation was done, and this should of been covered. To appeal you have to take it up with your State's Dept. of Insurance.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

October 2016 our six person family purchased CSA travel insurance for our Corova, NC vacation rental at Twiddy Realty. Our understanding was that if our trip was interrupted or canceled, we would be reimbursed for our expenses. When NOAH weather predicted Hurricane Matthew was expected to hit Corova, NC, we attempted to cancel or delay our vacation. We were informed by CSA and by Twiddy that unless it was a mandatory evacuation, we would not be reimbursed. We traveled to Twiddy Realty, our vacation rental home agency in Corova, NC. We attempted to relocate or receive a reimbursement. We were then assured by Twiddy that the storm was not supposed to hit the area.

That night, while we were in our vacation home, Hurricane Matthew hit the Corova, NC area with devastating effects. Our family was stranded in the vacation home, surrounded by water with downed power lines for three days. We had no power, water or way to cook or even flush toilets. Water seeped in through the walls. Our groceries were destroyed due to lack of power. We contacted CSA Travel Insurance agency for emergency assistance and were informed that there was no emergency assistance.

Three days later, we were finally rescued and relocated by a military hummer from the police department, no thanks to CSA. We had to leave our vehicle and belongings behind. Thankfully, the owner of the home we rented was willing to allow us to move to another home. Again, with no help from CSA. However, our family of six had to share one MRE because we had no food or necessities. We had to beg a ride to the grocery store with the maintenance guy from Twiddy and repurchase all our groceries.

Finally, days later, when the water went down, we had to return to get our own rental vehicle out of the water. No thanks again to CSA. When we returned home, we filed a claim to be reimbursed for trip interruption, groceries and lost rental vehicle time. We were told by CSA to send in receipts and we would be reimbursed. After sending in our verification and receipts, Andrew **, claims representative, informed us that our check had been mailed. When we received no check a week later, we called the claims office and were told Andrew was on vacation and no one else was able to help us, so we would have to wait until he returned.

On our second attempt to receive information regarding our claim, we were told that CSA had no record of our having filed a claim. We resubmitted, and received a denial letter through email. When we inquired why our claim had been denied, we were told that we would have been reimbursed if we had stayed in a hotel. But since we stayed in the vacation home, they would not reimburse us. We would have been happy to stay in a hotel if we could have gotten out of the vacation home; but we were stranded, surrounded by water and power lines that were down all around us--technicality instead of honest business.

CSA also told us if we had eaten out at restaurants, we would have been reimbursed for our meals. However, since we purchased groceries, we could not be reimbursed. This was again, a technicality, instead of honest business. If we could have eaten out, we would have been more than happy to. But in a hurricane, there don't happen to be any restaurants open! We had to return to the grocery store because the grocery store shelves were stripped and there were no refrigerator items.

This company advertises emergency assistance, trip cancellation and reimbursement for expenses out of pocket, but all the reviews I have seen on this company seem to have one common denominator-- fraud! No emergency assistance--during the emergency they told us they would call us back the next day, then emergency management called us the next day to tell us there was nothing we could do. The rest was all about fine print and technicalities to find loopholes for the company to leave their customers stranded. This company is fraudulent in their claims, disorganized and unprofessional in handling their claims and a total waste of money.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband and I had a two week trip planned for September 2016. We were to attend a wedding in upstate Connecticut and then fly to Paris to take a one week river cruise. Since we are seniors, we usually insure our entire trip portal to portal. Once I had all of our arrangements made, CSA Insurance was recommended to us by the company who booked our cruise. I purchased it July 2016. My husband had been experiencing groin pain for a while and he was getting physical therapy for it. We never considered canceling our trip due to this. However, the pain grew more intense and in August 2016 it was recommended that he have hip surgery. The only date available for the surgery was the day we were scheduled to leave on our trip. Otherwise he would've had to wait four extra months and his pain was getting worse...so much so that travel would've been difficult no matter what.

We were forced to cancel our entire trip but felt confident that we would receive reimbursement since we'd insured everything, paying $888 for the complete coverage. We followed all instructions and turned in all the required paperwork as soon as possible. We were shocked when we were informed that we would receive nothing because my husband's condition was deemed a "pre-existing condition". CSA was basing this on our general practitioner's report that he had been referred to physical therapy for groin and hip pain. Our general practitioner never suggested or hinted at a need for surgery. The need for surgery was determined by an orthopedist almost a month after we purchased the insurance. We expressed our lack of satisfaction with CSA's decision. We never had any person to person contact with this company (although they are local in San Diego and about 5 minutes from our home).

They just kept coldly repeating their decision through email and snail mail, based on a couple of lines in their 17 page policy. So, we were out about $4,000. And as far as CSA was concerned, that was our tough luck. They also failed to respond to our questions about their keeping our $888 premium that was paid to protect us while on a vacation that we never took! What did they do to earn that? Absolutely nothing! Since our experience we have learned of numerous other peoples' bad experiences with the "pre existing condition" exclusion not only with CSA but with other companies.

We will never deal with CSA again and are totally soured on major travel insurance in general at this point. We are submitting this review because we want to encourage everyone purchasing travel insurance to read every word of the fine print in the policy. There are loopholes everywhere, set up for the protection of the insurance company and not for the benefit of the supposed "insured"!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We used CSA for trip cancellation insurance for a 2 week rental in Emerald Isle North Carolina. This costs us over $200.00. Then we found out recently that our 13 year old dog has cancer and it has spread to her lungs. We are giving her daily chemotherapy at home and she is very fragile. We cannot in good conscience leave her to take a beach holiday. We called CSA and explained this to them and sent them all the appropriate documentation. They quickly denied the claim and when I asked for an appeal was told they don't "really have an appeal process" but would "kick it upstairs and review the situation."

A few days later (very quick review I guess) we received a letter denying us any of our claim. I know this is a dog but she is our family and we wasted all that money for nothing. Read other review sites to see similar complaints and many much more serious than ours. Do not waste your money for a company that will do just about anything to deny your claim.

CSA Travel Protection Company Profile