1.51/5
  • 1 star
Based on 33 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for travel insurance?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

This company is out of businessFIND OTHER COMPANIES

CSA Travel Protection has provided travel insurance solutions for more than 25 years. Our plans include valuable coverages and assistance services, including a 24/7 emergency hotline and identity theft resolution. CSA Travel Protection plans are designed for individuals and families traveling within the U.S. and abroad. Call or visit our website today and travel with peace of mind on your next trip!

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 5, 2017

35 CSA Travel Protection Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

We purchased travel insurance protection with CSA travel insurance and the runaround we received when our mother became ill and could not go on the trip. We work in the travel industry and always buy travel protection. The one time that we needed to file a claim, we got the runaround. Please do not buy any insurance through this company. Our agent James said he would handle the claim and we got the same excuse week after week. He is a poor excuse of an employee and do yourself a favor, avoid this company on your insurance needs.

CSA Travel Protection response

We’re sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip and apologize for not meeting your expectations. We also offer a free look back period with all of our plans to allow customers to cancel their policies within a designated period as long as they haven't already left on their trip or filed a claim. Our goal is to process claims within two weeks from the time that they're received, however, some cases can take longer to resolve. Due to an unusual increase in the number of claims received during the month of October, processing was impacted somewhat. We're pleased to advise that your claim was finalized within 1 week after being assigned and you should have received an email to your address on file from a dedicated team member. Please reach out to us at the number or email provided above if you have any additional questions or concerns. The plan you purchased includes approximately 20 different covered events under which we can provide coverage if you are forced to cancel your trip. The plan is unfortunately unable to provide coverage for every event that might cause you to cancel. We take customer service and the claims review process very seriously and cannot stress enough that it is important to review the coverage details of our plans via the sample Description of Coverage/Insurance Policy that’s provided at the time of purchase, and contact us at (800) 348-9505 or via email at csa@csatravelprotection.com with any additional questions you may have.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Don't bother wasting your time making your renters purchase this insurance thinking that you are going to be covered for the damages they can do. All the renters have to say is they didn't do the damage and the insurance company will not pay you a dime. Julia ** rented our place in 2017 and at the last minute wanted to change their reservation for a month out. Since we wouldn't have been able to find replacements last minute we denied their request. Doing so they were upset and reported us to vrbo.com, HomeAway.com which is all part of the same network. Complaining that the property wasn't clean which it clearly was and is.

Anyways they damaged our kitchen tile and since it is not able to be matched to repair it it needs to be replaced at a time of over $2,500 so since we make our renters purchase the $79 insurance coverage through CSA Travel Protection we figured we would just file a claim and have no issues getting paid for the damages that Julia ** and her guests caused to our property. After sending pictures and estimates to have the damage repaired to CSA they sent us an email stating that the claim has been denied because the renters simply said they did not do the damage. Watch out doing business with this HomeAway's supposed vacation homeowners insurance company. We are looking into filing lawsuits on all companies and people involved in the matter.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

My wife and I planned a trip to visit our daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren in Guatemala. We purchased round trip tickets to Guatemala City for over $700 including CSA travel insurance recommended by Justfly our ticket supplier. A week before our trip was to occur our daughter and family returned to the US suddenly and permanently. My wife and I no longer needed the tickets but thought ourselves lucky that we bought travel insurance.

I contacted a representative of Justfly about canceling the tickets. I was told that would cost $300 which I thought would be taken from the original $700; however, the representative told me that he did not believe I would be refunded any money. I supplied the necessary information and this week was notified that I did not qualify for a refund. My advice, I suppose, is investigate Justfly and CSA before including them in your travel experience. And if you do have a similar situation save yourself some money by not canceling the flight.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Well, I planned to go to the Virgin Islands next year. I made the mistake of purchasing CSA insurance because when I filed my claim I learned that coverage only extends for 15 days after Irma. I don't think anyone in their right mind would even consider travel there within that period of time, but the clause is there in the contract so what can you do. Many promises, but more loopholes. Who can you trust? Not CSA.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I was informed by taking travel protection with them I would be covered in case I was unable to fly for any reason. Turned out I had passport issues and my employer changed schedule at the last week prior to flying and when I submitted a claim, they denied it. Basically I was lied to. I should have learned that insurance companies will lie every time and the consumer gets screwed. Never again will I take any kind of flight insurance out and I highly recommend EVERYONE to avoid CSA.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CSA Travel Protection?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I will never purchase a product from CSA again! My wife and I booked a stay at a Turnkey Colorado site (through VRBO) for six nights and were required to pay in advance, with no cancellation and no refund. Because there were no refunds for cancellation, we were concerned and were referred/encouraged to purchase trip insurance from CSA, as recommended on their website. Two days after booking the reservation and purchasing the insurance, and several weeks before our planned travel, my wife’s mother passed away.

Calls on that day to Turnkey, VRBO and CSA were, at best, not helpful, and at worst, heartless. The response to our first call to Turnkey was that “we are not able to do anything about it. You need to contact CSA - the trip insurance company.” CSA then told us that we needed to talk with the owners. The next call back to Turnkey – they said again that there was nothing they could do about it and that we needed to talk to VRBO. A call to VRBO resulted in no help but a warning to, “make sure you notify Turnkey so that they can put the property back in the rental pool.” So, we called Turnkey back a third time. They were quick to point out their policy of no refunds. We said that we had already knew that but were calling back to notify them so that the property could be put back in the rental pool (as instructed by VRBO). The response was quite abrupt – didn’t take down our name or property information, just thanked us and hung up.

Later, of course, we filed a claim with CSA, and after gathering piles of documentation, and several calls to the claims agent, our claim was denied. When we called to discuss and later wrote to protest, we were told that the claim was denied because we “reasonably could have foreseen the illness”. We could foresee the illness, in fact my wife’s mother has been ill for much of the past several years. What we could not foresee was her sudden turn for the worse and death, which is what caused us to cancel our plans. So, after booking and then two days later cancelling our reservation, we were out not only the nearly $1,900 cost of the stay, but also the premium for the insurance coverage, which turned out to be worthless.

Of course, we understand that insurance policy language is written in a way that often allows the insurance company to deny coverage. And obviously we should have read the fine print of the policy more carefully, but even then, the language seems intentionally obtuse. But the response that we received from all parties, VRBO, Turnkey and CSA, was truly greedy and heartless. No condolences, no asking what they could do to help, just a big money grab all around. The property in question was off the market for a grand total of less than 48 hours. And we are out nearly $2,000, hours of phone calls and related insensitivity. Obviously, we will never use Turnkey, VRBO or CSA again. And others should do so at their own peril.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I bought travel insurance from CSA, I placed a claim with them. Airline/Booking company wanted to charge me an additional fee to cancel my flight and issue a refund. I called for information on how to proceed, specifically asking the operator, "How about the additional charge, should I cancel with booking company or have CSA do it." They gave me no direction, once I canceled with the booking company and incurred the extra fees. CSA informed me via a letter that they will not reimburse me for the additional charges. They paid my claim less the $300 cancellation fee, if that was their policy, why wasn't I told when I specifically asked for direction.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I purchased travel insurance thru this company and I'm very dissatisfied with way this company is handling my claim. I flew into Sofia Bulgaria for 2 weeks and got stuck in Bulgaria airport. My flight which was scheduled and confirmed never showed up. The next day the airlines promised another flight at 5am, and they never showed up, another flight was promised for 8:00 am and that never happened either. They finally came but when I got to my connecting flight it was too late. I had to rebook with a different airline, stay in a hotel, get a shuttle for a different day, all at my expense. I have submitted the claim but I'm still waiting resolution but after reading negative reviews do not feel confident about this travel insurance.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I have fault in that I didn't read the policy thoroughly before clicking the option of having the insurance, I quickly browse a summarized version of it that said "100% refund on trip cancellations". Unfortunately, with the current storm, Irma, I felt it not safe to travel to Florida, although my trip is still on first week of Oct., so called the travel agency and then got connected with a CSA agent, basically, I could not get a refund. Not even a small percentage, because they don't cover weather damages. I feel like this insurance is not worth it, the agent I talked to, did not even sound concerned, kept saying he will email me the policy to read. READ the policy thoroughly, you might not even really need this insurance.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I had a bone spur between c6 & c7 that was found in early 2017. I was still functional and working 40+ hours a week, doing anything I wanted to, just in pain. I was not restricted from doing ANYTHING! On 6/14, we purchased a cruise and CSA Travel Insurance. I had a doctor appointment late that afternoon at which time, the doctor recommended surgery, contingent upon insurance approval.

On June 25, the doctor got the approval from insurance, so on 6/26, I canceled the cruise since my surgery was scheduled for 7/13/17 and our cruise was leaving on 8/17/17. They are refusing to pay based on pre-existing, and the fact that there was no treatment during the time the insurance policy was in effect (6/15/17-6/29/17). I was not told by the doctor to cancel the cruise, but felt that I would not enjoy myself due to having to be so cautious for fear of falling and reversing the effects of the surgery, and the simple fact that I would more than likely be taking pain medication. CSA IS A RIPOFF! Don't waste your money.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Best decision I ever made while traveling - I recently went to Norway and decided to get travel insurance through CSA. I lost a set of keys to my car back home and had my daughter arrange to replace them. Total cost for keys and FOB was around $380. I also got sick in Norway and had minor medical expenses including ER visit, and medications. Total cost (love the medical costs in Norway) - $88. When I got back, I followed the procedures for filing a claim with CSA and was reimbursed for both. The process of filing a claim is a little tedious but who cares when you get the expenses paid. I assume it is that way with any travel insurance. I think I paid around $70 for the coverage. It was well worth the cost. I highly recommend them.

CSA Travel Protection response

Thank you for sharing your positive experience! We love hearing from our satisfied customers and are so happy we were able to help.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I canceled my flight based on my doctor's advice. It took CSA three month to review. They requested for all kind of medical records. They denied payment, based their denial on "pre-existing condition " which I did not agree. If I had know I was was going to get sick, why would take chances to travel for a month. Buying travel insurance from CSA is a rip off and waste of money. I will never RECOMMEND them to anyone. If want to buy travel insurance, please look somewhere else.

CSA Travel Protection response

We’re sorry to hear about the circumstances surrounding your claim and apologize for not meeting your expectations. We want our customers to choose the correct policy to fit their needs and cannot stress enough that it is important to review the coverage details of our plans via the sample Description of Coverage/Insurance Policy that’s provided at the time of purchase. We also have dedicated customer service representatives who can clarify the plan terms and conditions and guide you towards the best coverages during our Free Look period. In this instance, the plan you purchased is unable to provide coverage for any losses resulting from Pre-Existing Medical Conditions. If you have additional questions or concerns, please reach out to us at (800) 348-9505.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

My wife and I purchased trip insurance from CSA for a Holland America cruise that went to various ports including Mumbai, India. We signed up for an excursion to the Taj Mahal as part of the cruise. Unfortunately, I came down with severe stomach problems the day before the excursion and was quarantined in my stateroom for three days until the problems went away. This is standard procedure on a ship and they wrote a letter confirming that I was unable to attend the excursion due to this situation. We submitted this documentation with our claim to CSA and received an email back asking for more information about the medical costs, which we were not trying to recover. I replied to the email with the clarification and never heard back from CSA. We also never received our refund for the excursion. The travel insurance receipt and emails pretty much speak for themselves so I have attached them in a PDF file.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I have to cancel my trip this summer, and I purchased the ticket via Justfly. I want to share my experiences with everyone here to stay away from these two companies. It does not make sense at all how this process works. First, the penalty fee for canceling the trip via Justfly. I cannot avoid this since if not, they are not going to approve your cancellation and you cannot ask for a refund from the insurance company. They charge me $100 for a less than $500 ticket. Second, when I continued to move to CSA, I submit the form in early July, and I have to wait for one more month to get their email. It is so slow. And after simply negotiation, they said in my case I could not get a refund.

Then the problem came, I did purchase insurance. But I need to pay both penalty fee and lost my ticket value and I have to pay the insurance. If there is any lesson I can learn, the insurance agent kindly suggested me to use the first 10 days, after purchased the insurance, to read through the conditions and codes carefully. This is the only thing I can suggest.

CSA Travel Protection response

We’re sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip and apologize for not meeting your expectations. We take customer service and the claims review process very seriously and cannot stress enough that it is important to review the coverage details of our plans via the sample Description of Coverage/Insurance Policy that’s provided at the time of purchase, and contact us at (800) 348-9505 or via email at csa@csatravelprotection.com with any additional questions you may have. We also offer a free look back period with all of our plans to allow customers to cancel their policies within a designated period as long as they haven't already left on their trip or filed a claim. The plan you purchased includes a number of different covered events under which we can provide coverage if you are forced to cancel your trip. The plan is unfortunately unable to provide coverage for every event that might cause you to cancel. If there is something specific that you want to be sure is covered, feel free to ask about it before you purchase the policy. Please reach out to us at the number or email provided above if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I have had a false sense of security when renting my five rental houses through VRBO. I have required guests to purchase the CSA Travel Protection damage insurance protection in the amount of $1,500. A renter broke the frame on a sofa in one of my properties. I filed a claim with CSA, sent photos, and provided an original receipt showing the sofa cost was $731.95. When the renter was contacted about the damage, she denied that her family broke the sofa frame... no surprise there. Based upon the renter's statement solely, CSA denied the claim because they said she was the owner of the policy.

I asked how I should go about protesting their denial of the claim. I was told their decision was final, and that there is no means for further escalating a claim. Have you ever heard of such? Additionally, no supervisor was available to speak with me. My recommendation to all VRBO homeowners is to charge a damage deposit, don't fall for the false sense of security they are peddling with damage insurance protection. It's a farce.

CSA Travel Protection response

We’re sorry we did not meet your expectations as we take reviewing and responding to claims very seriously and want customers to understand the coverage details of our plans. We cannot stress enough that it is important to review these details via the sample Description of Coverage/Insurance Policy that’s provided at the time of purchase, and contact us at (800) 348-9505 or via email at csa@csatravelprotection.com with any additional questions. As you mention, our Property Damage Protection plans are designed to protect your guests from accidental damages that they may cause to your rental during their stay. We strongly recommend home owners inform their guests they will not be penalized in any way if they cause accidental damage and a claim is filed. As the guest’s designated beneficiary, the plan is unable to provide coverage for you if your guest denies accidentally damaging your property. A dedicated team member is reaching out to discuss your claim further with you. If you have any additional questions regarding the coverages under this plan in the meantime, please reach out to us at the number or email provided above.

Original review: July 21, 2017

The flight insurance that is provided by your airline is an actual joke, cost somewhere around $10.99. I found that the policy I purchased with Spirit Airlines does not cover loss if the pilots don't show up, I feel like I've been fooled again. So each ticket purchased (4) that they did not refund and my miles on my vehicle round trip twice I live 3 hours from O'hare. This one punched me in the stomach, they don't pay for pilots not showing up for work. So all 4 claims were denied, even the separate policy I bought that does cover airline cancellations and a bunch of other things $70.00 was denied. Stay away from CSA, Generali and AIG Travel Insurance, this was awful!

CSA Travel Protection response

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear about the circumstances surrounding your claim and for not meeting your expectations. We take customer service and the claims review process very seriously and strive to provide a fair, equitable and timely process for all customers. A dedicated claims team member is investigating your case further and will be in touch with you. If you have any additional questions in the meantime, please reach out to us at (800) 348-9505 or via email at csa@csatravelprotection.com.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I wish there is ZERO star to click!! We filed a claim last July. They kept asking for more info. We did that every time! Now we got another email and need more info! They are trying to make it one year without sending us a refund!! We did follow what they asked for info. We lost the count of how many times they ask us to send them info and signed papers. Doctors signed papers. Blah blah blah! We would never never never do it with CSA again!!!

CSA Travel Protection response

We’re sorry to hear about your negative experience and apologize for not meeting your expectations. Unfortunately, we were unable to locate your claim based on the information provided with your review. Please reach out to us at (800) 348-9505 or via email at csa@csatravelprotection.com as we’d like to be able to review your claim with you. We hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: July 11, 2017

We planned a trip to see my Uncle. I actually purchased the airfare after my significant other had congestive heart failure. He was released from the hospital feeling good and was told that his condition could be controlled with medication. I purchased the tickets 2 months before the date we wanted to travel and travel insurance after being assured by the doctors that he is fine to travel. I purchased the insurance mainly because the airlines were having problems where they were leaving passengers stranded. The doctor ordered further tests wanted to make sure that no further treatment would be necessary in the future.

About 1 week before we were suppose to travel the angiogram revealed he had 3 blocked arteries and a leaky valve. At that time the doctor advised him not to travel because he needed more test and a triple bypass. We made two trips to the VA hospital which is 60 miles from my home to get letters for this bogus insurance company that said it is a preexisting condition and we would not get any of our money back. I was not buying life insurance I was buying travel insurance. Talked to the representative and he would not even consider changing the decision NOT TO REFUND MY MONEY. So I am out the airfare, cancellation fee charged by Just Fly and other fees they decided to charge. BOGUS COMPANY. NEVER AGAIN. I wish I could give them a 0.

CSA Travel Protection response

We’re sorry to hear about the circumstances surrounding your claim and apologize for not meeting your expectations. We want our customers to choose the correct policy to fit their needs and cannot stress enough that it is important to review the coverage details of our plans via the sample Description of Coverage/Insurance Policy that’s provided at the time of purchase, and contact us at (800) 348-9505 or via email at csa@csatravelprotection.com with any additional questions. We have dedicated customer service representatives who can clarify the plan terms and conditions and guide you towards the best coverages. If there is something specific that you want to be sure is covered, feel free to ask about it before, during or after you purchase the policy. In this instance, the plan you purchased is unable to provide coverage for any losses resulting from Pre-Existing Medical Conditions. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reach out to us at the number or email provided above.

Original review: July 10, 2017

Does NOT deserve any star. Generali Global Assistance is the parent company of CSA Travel. They are nothing but a headache. I cancelled a trip in February at least a week prior to travel. 1st they tried to tell me that there is nothing that says they have to pay the claim due to the reason given. The reason for the cancellation of the trip was cuz of my daughters board exams for her Med School. After lot of arguing they said they would look into it. Now it has been 5 months with NO result or follow up. All they keep doing is asking for more info. Once you provide them with the info they requested they ask for more. Now the excuse is they are waiting for an answer from the Board that conducts the testing. We provided with all the dates of the exam, the board info, our authorization for the board to release info to CSA, daughters graduation date & degree.

They are very quick at taking your money and promising you that there will be no hassle in getting your refund once they have all the info they need. Do NOT I repeat do NOT insure yourself with CSA Travel for your travel insurance. I just found out yesterday that one my other family members is having the same issue. The lack of response & follow up makes this an extremely unpleasant experience. I would like someone from CSA or Generali to contact me & resolve this situation ASAP. This has gone on too long, 5 months to be exact.

CSA Travel Protection response

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear about the circumstances surrounding your claim and for not meeting your expectations. We take customer service and the claims review process very seriously and strive to provide a fair, equitable and timely process for all customers. We are pleased to advise your claim has since been resolved and you should have received an email from a dedicated team member. If you have any further questions, please reach out to us at (800) 348-9505 or via email at csa@csatravelprotection.com.

Original review: June 27, 2017

We rented a VRBO condo at the beach for ourselves and our grandchildren over spring break. More than 500 miles down the road both grandchildren became seriously ill. Both were diagnosed with influenza and the doctor wrote "no further travel recommended" on the discharge from the hospital ER. We stayed in Alabama for 48 hours until both children were stabilized, then returned home. I filed a claim immediately. It's now been almost 3 months of consistent run-around. I get no updates unless I harass them. I was told the "policy" was monthly updates. Really? How many months does it take to process a fairly small, straight-forward claim? I had paperwork ready to go, and all sorts of evidence. I've filled out hospital release forms twice--the second time I had them overnighted to CSA in California. Still, I hear crickets. We have a small claim - the cost of a condo. What must consumers with large claims experience? Avoid, avoid, avoid!!!

CSA Travel Protection response

Original review: June 23, 2017

Harassed me until it wasn't worth the bother. We were forced to cancel a long-planned trip due to my son's health. His doctor wrote a letter, and we had paid receipts for all of our upfront expenses. CSA will not pay the claim. Do not use them. They will rip you off.

CSA Travel Protection response

We’re sorry to hear about the circumstances surrounding your claim and apologize for not meeting your expectations. We want our customers to choose the correct policy to fit their needs and cannot stress enough that it is important to review the coverage details of our plans via the sample Description of Coverage/Insurance Policy that’s provided at the time of purchase, and contact us at (800) 348-9505 or via email at csa@csatravelprotection.com with any additional questions. We have dedicated customer service representatives who can clarify the plan terms and conditions and guide you towards the best coverages. While the plan you purchased includes a number of different covered events that can qualify for Trip Cancellation coverage, the plan does not include a Cancel for any Reason coverage and is unfortunately unable to provide coverage for every event that might cause you to cancel. If there is something specific that you want to be sure is covered, please reach out to us before you purchase your plan. If you have any further questions, please reach out to us at (800) 348-9505 or via email at csa@csatravelprotection.com.

Original review: June 6, 2017

My family and I were going to travel to Las Vegas 14-18 May 2017. I am a disabled veteran and started experiencing back spasms which would not allow me to fly. I thought at the time how lucky I was to purchase a CSA Travel Protection Policy. I called the airlines, cancelled my flight, contacted CSA Travel Protection, was sent a packet to fill out, filled it out, mailed it, and waited. I am still waiting. I have contacted CSA and they tell me the packet is not there. Now what, I certainly do not want to make and pay for another doctor visit and fill out the burdensome packet. I guess I will keep waiting and hoping. At this point my premium payment returned would be better than nothing.

CSA Travel Protection response

We’re sorry to hear about your negative experience and apologize for not meeting your expectations. Unfortunately, while we were able to locate your file, we have not received your mailed claim forms and supporting documentation. These documents are required in order to move forward with your claim process. Please reach out to us at (800) 348-9505 or via email at csa@csatravelprotection.com if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Original review: May 21, 2017

I booked a cruise for my adult daughter and me for the dates April 8-15 and took out CSA Travel Protection months in advance for the cruise portion. When we arrived at the airport an hour ahead of the scheduled flight to fly to Tampa via Atlanta on April 8 on Delta, the Delta agent told us that our flight was changed to April 9 due to there having been adverse weather conditions from April 5-7 in Atlanta which had caused cancellations of flights from our airport (CRW) to Atlanta for those days. Due to the backlog of passengers trying to fly from CRW to ATL, the plane for which we held reservations was full. We had confirmed reservations and on April 7 Delta sent us an email reminder of our flight scheduled for April 8. Delta did not notify us of the change of flight until we were at the ticket counter at 5:20 a.m. on April 8.

None of the other carriers at CRW had flights that would get us to Tampa by 2:00 p.m. that day. Although we explained to the Delta agent that we needed to fly to Tampa to board a cruise that afternoon, we were not allowed to board the flight. We missed the cruise. I submitted the claim for payment due to trip interruption due to adverse weather. CSA denied our claim. We are out the money I paid for our cruise AND I BOUGHT TRAVEL PROTECTION INSURANCE. If this wasn't an eligible situation, then what is??? I am going to file a complaint with the attorney general in the states in which CSA is registered to do business. I also have LegalShield and shall turn this over to one of their attorneys. CSA says in the fine print that one has to wait sixty days to file with an attorney.

CSA Travel Protection response

We’re sorry to hear that your trip was interrupted and apologize for not meeting your expectations. We take customer service and the claims review process very seriously and cannot stress enough that it is important to review the coverage details of our plans via the sample Description of Coverage/Insurance Policy that’s provided at the time of purchase, and contact us at (800) 348-9505 or via email at csa@csatravelprotection.com with any additional questions you may have. We also offer a free look back period with all of our plans to allow customers to cancel their policies within a designated timeframe as long as they haven't already left on their trip or filed a claim. While the plan you purchased is typically able to provide coverage if you are forced to interrupt your trip due to a common carrier delay or cancellation resulting from adverse weather, the plan is unfortunately unable to provide coverage if your originally scheduled flight is not cancelled or delayed and departs as scheduled. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reach out to us at the number or email provided above.

Original review: May 6, 2017

I liked what I saw on the computer. I did comparative search and felt that you had the best coverage to fit my situation. I also liked that I could call and speak to a real person to buy the policy. Thank you. The person I spoke with was very friendly and all was done effortless. I most likely do not need the policy, since I am still very healthy, but like the comfort in case something happens. The fee for the coverage was very reasonable. Thank you. If I do another self planned trip, I certainly would look at your policies first. Of course at this time I have not used your policy, since my trip has not yet started. I hope that all goes well and have no need to test its effectiveness.

CSA Travel Protection response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review! We're happy to help and hope your trip goes smoothly.

Original review: April 26, 2017

BEWARE!!! This company just totally ripped me off. I required a guest to take out travel protection insurance when they rented a property with me through VRBO and the guest ended up holding a spring break party at my house and did nearly $800 in damage. CSA told me that he... yes, he... denied doing the damage so they are only paying for a small amount of what he did. Seriously???

I lost money on this rental. The renter just outright lied and said he didn't have a party, and CSA tells me he is the one insured and protected. RIGHT!!! He is protected up to $1500 so why will they not pay me for $800 in damages when I provided photos, repair estimates, a list of damages, and offered to provide eyewitness accounts to the 50+ person and 20+ car party he held at my house? Because CSA is a money-making scam is why.

All he had to do is say he didn't do all the damage — possibly because I gave him a rating of one star on VRBO??? And CSA, who is laughing their pocketbooks off when he says he didn't do the damage, reports back to me that, "Oh, sorry, he is protected from you with this policy... not you are protected in case of damages by him." That is HORRIBLE!!! VRBO is not that great of a company in the first place (horrible customer service) and this just tops the cake!!!

CSA Travel Protection response

We’re sorry we did not meet your expectations as we take reviewing and responding to claims very seriously and want customers to understand the coverage details of our plans. We cannot stress enough that it is important to review these details via the sample Description of Coverage/Insurance Policy that’s provided at the time of purchase, and contact us at (800) 348-9505 or via email at csa@csatravelprotection.com with any additional questions. As you mention, our Property Damage Protection plans are designed to protect your guests from accidental damages that they may cause to your rental during their stay. We strongly recommend home owners inform their guests they will not be penalized in any way if they cause accidental damage and a claim is filed. As the guest’s designated beneficiary, the plan is unable to provide coverage for you if your guest denies accidentally damaging your property. If you have any further questions regarding the coverages under this plan, please reach out to us at the number or email provided above.

Original review: April 22, 2017

CSA Travel Protection is worth having. I wouldn't lose any money if we didn't get to go on our travel.

CSA Travel Protection response

Thank you for your positive review! Trip Cancellation coverage can provide coverage for your prepaid non-refundable trip costs if you're unable to take your trip due to a covered reason. Some of our plans offer Cancel for Any Reason coverage if certain requirements are met. Please reach out to us at (800) 348-9505 or via email at csa@csatravelprotection.com if you have any questions or wish to learn more about our product offerings.

Original review: April 20, 2017

As with most if not all insurance companies, their goal is to avoid paying out claims. This travel insurance company has worded their policy in such a way so as to cover nothing of any substance. My tour to Europe was canceled through no fault of my own. The cancellation cost me $1100 in deposits plus airfare. CSA covered NOTHING as the ONLY way they'd pay is if the tour company became financially insolvent and canceled the tour. They don't cover any of the airfare although I needed to purchase it as part of the tour. Don't buy travel insurance from this company. You'll be disappointed if through no fault of your own something happens. As I stated, they've worded the policy to pretty much exclude most of what can realistically go wrong in a trip.

CSA Travel Protection response

Original review: April 18, 2017

I purchased protection for my recent trip to Mexico because my brother was admitted to the hospital for a sudden illness. Since I didn't know for how long he was going to stay in the hospital I decided to purchase this travel protection so I could extend or shorten my trip. I had to extend it because he was still in ICU. I called and explain to a CSA representative and she gave me advise and send me the paperwork to complete once I returned to USA. I did what I was told and few weeks later I was told that it was declined because my brother was already sick before my flight.

I don't see any sense in buying travel protection unless you have doubts about your flight or stay. For goodness sake I didn't purchase health insurance (for pre-existing condition) it was a travel protection. I predict CSA going to face a major lawsuit for ripping people off as many other have. If you consumer are reading this please do NOT buy from CSA and also advised your family and friends.

CSA Travel Protection response

We’re sorry to hear about the circumstances surrounding your claim and apologize for not meeting your expectations as we take customer service and the claims review process very seriously. We want our customers to understand the coverage details of our plans and cannot stress enough that it is important to review these details via the sample Description of Coverage/Insurance Policy that’s provided at the time of purchase, and contact us at (800) 348-9505 or via email at csa@csatravelprotection.com with any additional questions. We have dedicated customer service representatives who can clarify the plan terms and conditions and guide you towards the best coverages. To further ensure customer satisfaction, we also offer a free look back period with all of our plans to allow customers to cancel their policies within a designated period as long as they haven't already left on their trip or filed a claim. While the trip cancellation coverage included in the plan you purchased can typically provide coverage if you are forced to cancel your trip due to the unforeseen sickness or injury of yourself, a traveling companion or family member, your coverage must be in place before the sickness first commences or takes an unforeseen worsening in order for the plan to provide coverage. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reach out to us at the number or email provided above.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I don't usually purchase travel insurance, but will from now on. We bought CSA for our trip to St John, USVI. During the trip, my mom fell ill so I contacted CSA. CSA's emergency center was efficient & professional throughout our crisis.

CSA Travel Protection response

Thanks for taking time to leave a positive review. We're happy we were able to help!

Original review: April 10, 2017

I've had a great experience with CSA Travel Protection. I'm 78 years old and purchasing travel insurance is the only smart thing to do. I've always used Allianz before but as far as knowledgeable agents, CSA's were very good. Also, I couldn't believe how inexpensive the plan was. But I was talking to their agent in regards to the policy that I have with the Club Med program because their plan that I purchased with my trip is not as inclusive as I would like it to be. I'd have to call them back and do some add-on supplements to it.

CSA Travel Protection response

Thank you for your positive review! Feel free to reach out to us with any additional coverage questions at (800) 348-9505 or via email at csa@csatravelprotection.com.

CSA Travel Protection Company Information