4.70/5

Need business insurance?

AmVenture

We’re champions of the small business owner – those who built their business from the ground up – who are now looking to protect it.

AmVenture offers a comprehensive set of tools for the small business community, focusing on insurance and specializing in workers’ compensation coverage for small- to mid-sized “Main Street” businesses. Our experienced staff is dedicated to treating you with the individual attention we know you deserve.

View More View More

Need business insurance?

342 AmVenture Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 13, 2018

I needed workers' comp for my business and I was searching for New York State Insurance Fund. But AmVenture was the one that responded to me immediately. They responded to immediate need and that was what I liked the most with it. The cost is also not that expensive. I dealt with Eric and he was so helpful. He explained to me how long it would take and what were the things he needed. I provided all the information along the process. And I really appreciated his help because in a matter of three days, I got what I needed and that was a big help. It was an awesome experience and I would highly recommend AmVenture.

Original review: July 11, 2018

We were previous clients with AmVenture and recently got a new policy. All of our payroll and insurance are outsourced to a different company. So they go out and price it for us and then get everything done. It's all handled through a third party. It was a seamless process and the coverage we have is sufficient for what we need right now. I would recommend them.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I went online and read what AmVenture provides and decided to get it. They explained pretty much everything and it was pretty good. They gave really good services and I got a really good coverage. I would recommend it.

Original review: July 2, 2018

AmVenture gave me a good quote on what I was looking so I went with them and I have the general liability insurance. I worked with Marshawn and he was always good. Every time I sent him something, he always got back to me pretty much without delay. Marshawn was always friendly and polite any time I had questions and I had a lot just starting up with AmVenture. I’m new to owning a business and I had to get a lot of COI’s for different companies done up. Marshawn helped me greatly and he pretty much helped me through everything. The guidance that I received was good and the AmVenture staff were all fine.

However, we were trying to get a clause done up by AmVenture called a non-contributed clause and they don’t offer it but that's the only problem I’ve had with them. I was told that they are gonna start offering it within the next three or four months so that’s gonna be better for a lot of people that need that. But I don’t know if I can wait that long because my biggest client is asking for that clause and I can’t lose them over one stupid thing. So I’m not sure if we’re gonna have to switch to another insurance because of that reason. Nevertheless, AmVenture's prices are pretty fair and I looked around at a few different places. And as long as you don’t need that non-contributory clause, I would recommend them.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I have a great experience with AmVenture. My current organization needed coverage so I put down a call for request for coverage and Marshaun reached out. They responded in a timely manner and explained the product and service. I was able to sign up without any hitches or glitches and it was a very smooth transaction. Their pricing was definitely competitive and I'm happy with them so far. Sign up with AmVenture if it suits your business needs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmVenture?

Original review: June 26, 2018

I'm all set with AmVenture and I'm really good with them. Their service has been good.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I’ve had general liability insurance before and it was something that I needed. I had to check around to find something that made the fit to what I needed. I went on the internet and did a search and found AmVenture. I communicated with their staff for information gathering, they came up with the product and we decided on it. We got the policy and the product suited my landlord that I worked with. They provided the information and I provided it to my company, to the corporation and it was acceptable. It’s been really quite a process. I’m satisfied and we referred someone else that was looking for good pricing and a good product.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I started going with a different insurance company for my business liability insurance and they quoted me 500 bucks, and then their company quit underwriting so they jacked me up to 1,200. But AmVenture offered me a better deal. It's only another $10 for a million dollar more coverage. Discussing the plan with them was really nice and casual. The process was very quick, painless and they came right out of my account.

Original review: June 23, 2018

The reps from AmVenture were very good and helpful. They told me what they offer and they offered the service we need. We didn’t shop around too much so we don’t know the prices but it seemed okay for us. I would recommend them.

Original review: June 23, 2018

When I was shopping around for business insurance, I was getting quotes from different companies and I was gonna go for whoever gave me the best price and the best service. I saw AmVenture in some review site and they got good reviews. But when I got the quote from them, it listed that Hiscox was on there. It seemed like Hiscox was underwriting every policy that I was getting quotes for.

AmVenture's quote also came out a little bit lower than the one I got from Hiscox. So, I called Hiscox and gave them the quote number because I intended to do business directly with Hiscox. But the Hiscox agent told me that there was one benefit. And since Hiscox was responsive and AmVenture was responsive, it encouraged me to execute the policy that AmVenture had done for me. And it made sense because I'd have more recourse. If I can't talk to Hiscox directly if I need to, I can talk to somebody at AmVenture, and that felt like some kind of benefit to me.

The rep I worked with, Jasleen, was polite and to the point. But it was kind of confusing who my agent was and who I was really dealing with because I spoke to Jasleen then somebody else’s name and email address appeared when I was given the quote, which was through the agency of some other guy. So, I didn’t like that part. Other than that, it seems like Hiscox is the only game in town and if my friends asked me, I'd tell them to go to Hiscox's or AmVenture. Those are the only ones that stick in my mind for business insurance, especially for IT and the type of things that me and my peers do. I'd probably say Hiscox first, but I might mention AmVenture if they want another option.

AmVenture Company Information