Call toll free
4.65/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

We’re champions of the small business owner – those who built their business from the ground up – who are now looking to protect it.

AmVenture offers a comprehensive set of tools for the small business community, focusing on insurance and specializing in workers’ compensation coverage for small- to mid-sized “Main Street” businesses. Our experienced staff is dedicated to treating you with the individual attention we know you deserve.

View More View More

342 AmVenture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I asked about workers’ compensation insurance from AmVenture because of their ratings, and the broker, Eric, was excellent. He was diligent in calling back as well as checking in at all times to make sure that my questions were answered in a timely manner, and my needs were met. I’m happy and I would definitely recommend people to look into AmVenture as that’d be worth their time.

Get expert buying tips about Business Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I was looking for business insurance and AmVenture was the first company that responded back without having me dunk through loopholes. The person I spoke to at first did an excellent job. I used AmVenture to get to Hitchcock but when I contacted Hitchcock about the policy, I found out that AmVenture was not the main policyholder. Also, I had an issue with my policy and I called AmVenture back to let them know about it but I never got a callback. I was then told to cancel my policy because the dates were wrong. I did that and I had to redo the process. But I was satisfied that they cancelled my policy. There was just extra work that I had to go through.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I switched offices and I wanted to find something a bit more affordable because the previous insurance company was ADP and they were really expensive. My brother uses AmVenture for his business and he recommended them for me. The rep, Eric, wasn’t trying to tell me anything else. He just answered all my questions and got me signed up. He was straightforward and took care of everything right away. I was laying it on my end because I was in the middle of switching offices and he was really good about keeping in contact with me, so I didn’t forget. I pay AmVenture less than half the price of what ADP was charging me. It has only been three weeks and so far, my experience has been excellent. I’d highly recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I'm a service plumber. I was looking around online for a workman's compensation insurance and I found somebody online who was able to find a plan for me. I got it set up through a third party, too. If my colleagues need somebody who can provide the service, I'd tell them that I'm covered with AmVenture.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I'm in the state of New York and my wife was getting the pay but she's not working at all. To pay for her social security, we send checks. I looked at a New York worker’s comp website and found info about employees not enrolled at the location and just working behind. I learned a different code and the rate is lower than a regular employee because they enroll at a higher risk. But the current company I had was not willing to work with me even though I gave them all the information on the websites. I looked at two companies and AmVenture is the cheapest and I'm happy with that. Their rep, Connie, understood me and she was very knowledgeable. When I called, she answered the phone. If she promised me that she would call me back, she called me back in a timely manner. I'm pretty satisfied. Do business with AmVenture. They're a good company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmVenture?

Original review: July 24, 2018

We needed to hire an employee and I liked the cost of AmVenture for workers’ compensation insurance. Their staff was quick, straightforward, and efficient. They didn’t waste time, which was good, and they were pleasant. Everything has been solid so far and I'd recommend them.

Original review: July 23, 2018

AmVenture has a great process. I got a million dollar liability on our business, $100,000 replacement cost, and $35,000 punched in. Their staff are courteous and polite and the quality of service is good. However, they're a little slow in getting my documents. I did get a proof of insurance from them to get to the guy that we leased from. But, I need my documents. I need my packet. And I need to know if our premium's increased from what our changes are. I have already reached out to them and still no reply. Nothing.

Original review: July 20, 2018

When my husband started a business, AmVenture placed my GL property and umbrella insurance. Their agent was very helpful and returned phone calls timely as she suggested, and was able to provide me with the coverage that I needed. Unfortunately, she couldn’t help me with workers’ comp because they are in Ohio and I am in Texas so I didn’t get my work comp through them. AmVenture's service was very good and if I were in need of any other coverages, they would be one of the first I would call. I also will refer a friend of mine that is in need of service to them.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I have a cleaning business and I needed to be covered. I called USAA and they got me to see AmVenture, which had reps who were very helpful. They called me back a couple of times to make sure that a workers’ compensation insurance plan was what I wanted to do and I had a good quote. The quality of service was also suitable for the cost.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I had an employee who was in a car accident and I was not aware that my auto insurance wouldn’t cover him. Somebody had hit him and it wasn’t his fault. But he was injured real lightly and he exaggerated his injuries. So he filed a workers’ compensation claim but we don’t have that here in Missouri. If you have five or fewer employees, by law, you don’t have to have it. The other insurance company was gonna pay for his injuries and it was fine but I was tired of worrying about it. I didn’t wanna stress out about what would happen if somebody gets hurt.

I inquired about workers’ compensation insurance and when I dealt with the AmVenture, it was seamless and straightforward. They sent me some forms to sign and fax back to them. I wasn’t knowledgeable about this and they walked me through it and guided me. Then I gave them a credit card and it’s on autopay every month. I hope I never have to use the insurance, but it’s there in case I do. Nonetheless, it was a very good experience and I might get our business and our auto insurance through them also if we can get a better rate. Right now, I have those through Allstate but they’re expensive.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I needed workers' comp for my business and I was searching for New York State Insurance Fund. But AmVenture was the one that responded to me immediately. They responded to immediate need and that was what I liked the most with it. The cost is also not that expensive. I dealt with Eric and he was so helpful. He explained to me how long it would take and what were the things he needed. I provided all the information along the process. And I really appreciated his help because in a matter of three days, I got what I needed and that was a big help. It was an awesome experience and I would highly recommend AmVenture.

Original review: July 11, 2018

We were previous clients with AmVenture and recently got a new policy. All of our payroll and insurance are outsourced to a different company. So they go out and price it for us and then get everything done. It's all handled through a third party. It was a seamless process and the coverage we have is sufficient for what we need right now. I would recommend them.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I went online and read what AmVenture provides and decided to get it. They explained pretty much everything and it was pretty good. They gave really good services and I got a really good coverage. I would recommend it.

Original review: July 2, 2018

AmVenture gave me a good quote on what I was looking so I went with them and I have the general liability insurance. I worked with Marshawn and he was always good. Every time I sent him something, he always got back to me pretty much without delay. Marshawn was always friendly and polite any time I had questions and I had a lot just starting up with AmVenture. I’m new to owning a business and I had to get a lot of COI’s for different companies done up. Marshawn helped me greatly and he pretty much helped me through everything. The guidance that I received was good and the AmVenture staff were all fine.

However, we were trying to get a clause done up by AmVenture called a non-contributed clause and they don’t offer it but that's the only problem I’ve had with them. I was told that they are gonna start offering it within the next three or four months so that’s gonna be better for a lot of people that need that. But I don’t know if I can wait that long because my biggest client is asking for that clause and I can’t lose them over one stupid thing. So I’m not sure if we’re gonna have to switch to another insurance because of that reason. Nevertheless, AmVenture's prices are pretty fair and I looked around at a few different places. And as long as you don’t need that non-contributory clause, I would recommend them.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I have a great experience with AmVenture. My current organization needed coverage so I put down a call for request for coverage and Marshaun reached out. They responded in a timely manner and explained the product and service. I was able to sign up without any hitches or glitches and it was a very smooth transaction. Their pricing was definitely competitive and I'm happy with them so far. Sign up with AmVenture if it suits your business needs.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I'm all set with AmVenture and I'm really good with them. Their service has been good.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I’ve had general liability insurance before and it was something that I needed. I had to check around to find something that made the fit to what I needed. I went on the internet and did a search and found AmVenture. I communicated with their staff for information gathering, they came up with the product and we decided on it. We got the policy and the product suited my landlord that I worked with. They provided the information and I provided it to my company, to the corporation and it was acceptable. It’s been really quite a process. I’m satisfied and we referred someone else that was looking for good pricing and a good product.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I started going with a different insurance company for my business liability insurance and they quoted me 500 bucks, and then their company quit underwriting so they jacked me up to 1,200. But AmVenture offered me a better deal. It's only another $10 for a million dollar more coverage. Discussing the plan with them was really nice and casual. The process was very quick, painless and they came right out of my account.

Original review: June 23, 2018

The reps from AmVenture were very good and helpful. They told me what they offer and they offered the service we need. We didn’t shop around too much so we don’t know the prices but it seemed okay for us. I would recommend them.

Original review: June 23, 2018

When I was shopping around for business insurance, I was getting quotes from different companies and I was gonna go for whoever gave me the best price and the best service. I saw AmVenture in some review site and they got good reviews. But when I got the quote from them, it listed that Hiscox was on there. It seemed like Hiscox was underwriting every policy that I was getting quotes for.

AmVenture's quote also came out a little bit lower than the one I got from Hiscox. So, I called Hiscox and gave them the quote number because I intended to do business directly with Hiscox. But the Hiscox agent told me that there was one benefit. And since Hiscox was responsive and AmVenture was responsive, it encouraged me to execute the policy that AmVenture had done for me. And it made sense because I'd have more recourse. If I can't talk to Hiscox directly if I need to, I can talk to somebody at AmVenture, and that felt like some kind of benefit to me.

The rep I worked with, Jasleen, was polite and to the point. But it was kind of confusing who my agent was and who I was really dealing with because I spoke to Jasleen then somebody else’s name and email address appeared when I was given the quote, which was through the agency of some other guy. So, I didn’t like that part. Other than that, it seems like Hiscox is the only game in town and if my friends asked me, I'd tell them to go to Hiscox's or AmVenture. Those are the only ones that stick in my mind for business insurance, especially for IT and the type of things that me and my peers do. I'd probably say Hiscox first, but I might mention AmVenture if they want another option.

Original review: June 22, 2018

We sell medical device to hospitals and the distributor of one of our customers needed a certificate of insurance, and that was kinda what sparked this for us. AmVenture is not very old and we just began to research it and came across the company. They got good reviews online and came up as one of the best companies for small business through Google search. When I checked into it, I got in touch with Connie and she deserves recognition. She called me back several times. I had a lot of questions because I was new to it and she was very helpful and professional. I've been with the company for about 19 months and it's going very well.

I went back to AmVenture again to get another insurance policy for another property that my boss owns for their HOA, and they couldn't beat the terms so we did have to go with another company, but AmVenture is my first go-to whenever we need that. It was very easy for me to understand and very easy to do business with and we actually got the certificate in a couple of days. I had heard sometimes, it takes longer, but we're absolutely pleased. I would definitely recommend it.

Original review: June 21, 2018

My husband does an air condition service and he was required to have a worker's compensation before he comes on the property. Other insurance providers ask for too much money and it was simply a worker's compensation just for him. When we got in touch with AmVenture, their price was reasonable. They gave me the necessary information that I needed and all the reps we dealt with were good. If I call and email them to get a certificate issued, they normally do it. AmVenture is a good company to work with.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I worked with Eric and he was super helpful. I just emailed some info and they made some changes for me. It was awesome and so far, we’re happy with AmVenture. I am sad though that my email inbox is always full of promotions from them. I get at least one email a day. But other than that, everything is cool. I have recommended them too.

Original review: June 19, 2018

The general liability insurance for my business was a requirement for the landlord and I thought AmVenture's cost was great. It was what I was looking for and it was great working with Daniel.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I found AmVenture online and it gives me peace of mind.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I started my own business recently and needed to have insurance for my company. The people from AmVenture that I dealt with and their rate were good. The gentleman who handled my particular process got back to me immediately. He was super knowledgeable, very helpful, and stayed in contact with me. It was done very quickly. Overall, AmVenture was excellent.

Original review: June 16, 2018

The laws have changed and as a sole proprietor, I have to have workmen's comp insurance in Florida. Since I've already got a policy with AmVenture, I chose them but I just have a general liability at this time. The experience that I had with them was good. The guy that I particularly dealt with was very helpful. He worked with me because the thing was, I really can't communicate a lot throughout the day so we communicated mostly via email, and he took care of everything from there. When I was ready, I just called them and we got it all set-up. I was very happy with that.

Original review: June 15, 2018

The insurance provider we normally go to was moving too slowly about the quote, so we assigned it to another company. We went online and found AmVenture, and everything has been good with them. They were speedy and efficient, and they got right back to us and sent us emails. We dealt with Vince who was right on it and he was done by that afternoon. I was given a quote on the same day and I made the $500 payment. Their cost was a little higher or $40 more than the insurance provider that we denied because they moved too slowly. We still have to send out to some of our clients the insurance information that we have. Then the next thing would be our increasing business and some of the prospects that we're looking into. We'll have to call AmVenture to see what they can put together for us.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I'm satisfied with AmVenture and I'd recommend them. I only have one employee and they worked on it with ease. And it was great with their staff.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I've been with AmVenture for a few months now and I'm totally satisfied with them.

AmVenture expert review by Matthew Brodsky

AmVenture sells workers’ compensation insurance to small and medium-sized businesses. It’s an insurance broker, meaning it sells insurance provided by other companies. AmVenture is an affiliate of AmTrust Financial Services, Inc.

• Reputation: AmVenture works with insurers rated "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company. This rating means the companies are financially secure and will be able to make any necessary payouts in the future.

• Claims filing: You can file a claim 24/7 online. Filing a claim quickly helps your business get reimbursed faster.

• Plan selection: AmVenture’s customer service team can help you review claims, including recommended treatments, to prevent fraud.

• Quote: You can fill out a form on AmVenture’s website to get a free quote for insurance. You can also call to speak with a customer representative and get a quote over the phone.

• Whitepapers: AmVenture has published several white papers to help educate small business owners. The company’s white papers include “7 Small Business Catastrophes and What You Can Do to Prevent Them,” “7 Things Millennial Entrepreneurs Need to Know When Starting a Business” and “10 Reasons Why Small Businesses Fail.”

• Best for: small and medium-sized businesses.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky