4.80/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

We’re champions of the small business owner – those who built their business from the ground up – who are now looking to protect it.

AmVenture offers a comprehensive set of tools for the small business community, focusing on insurance and specializing in workers’ compensation coverage for small- to mid-sized “Main Street” businesses. Our experienced staff is dedicated to treating you with the individual attention we know you deserve.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 13, 2017

119 AmVenture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

We had a good experience with AmVenture. We needed workers compensation and they were recommended. We were using a different one and they had just transferred over to AmVenture so we continued. I would recommend them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

The state of Tennessee requires me to have workers’ compensation to own a business. AmVenture had good rates and their representatives are friendly. Interacting with the staff was awesome. My agent is Daniel. He walked me through my policy, told me what I was covered for and explained what I wasn't covered for. It's good to know that I have coverage in case something happens.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I had an accident one time so I looked into AmVenture. I knew that I may need the insurance in case I want to use it and I had prior experience with them so I signed up. They gave me a dismal scenario when I told them a couple of stories that I had before and they set me up according to my needs. I liked that their staff was really pleasant and understanding. They were also caring and concerned. I wasn’t talking to someone who was ready to go home and walk out of there. They also handled everything exactly at one time and there was no hassle. I don't have them anymore but they would be the excellent choice.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I had gotten a couple of other quotes and AmVenture's cost was a lot better. The young lady that I was working with was amazing. She's been very knowledgeable about everything that we went over. It was great and convenient because she emailed me my paperwork and not necessarily pounding me over the phone and calling me eight million times. She allowed me to take my time, make my decision and get back to her. AmVenture is a great company and they give you everything that you need.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I needed to get a policy in place for a business that I was starting. The AmVenture rep I talked to was easy to deal with, pleasant and straightforward. He got the quote and emailed me over the information. If you need to set up workers' compensation, it's quick and easy doing it with AmVenture.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmVenture?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Workers compensation was a state requirement, so we looked around and AmVenture responded the most promptly with the best quote. Plus, they seemed professional to work with. After several emails and a couple of phone calls, we made the payment. It was an excellent experience.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

The state requires the workers' compensation insurance, and my broker suggested AmVenture. I liked their price and rating, too. My broker contacted them, and I just filled out the paperwork, signed it and sent a copy. The whole process, which included filling out the paperwork and answering questions took about an hour. We had smooth transitions, overall, and AmVenture's service has been very good.

However, the workers' comp is a rip-off. I am a very safety-conscious small company and I have to pay 20 persons, and for every $100, I have to pay $20 plus for each employee for insurance, which is ridiculous. And in the past four years, I've never had any claims so I have a clean record. I hope somebody's going to do something about it because it is killing the businesses. AmVenture is the best compared to the others, and I didn't have any problems with them except they were insuring the lost years, too. And they send me the bills every month and I pay them.

AmVenture response

Thanks for your feedback, Joseph! We pride ourselves on our efficient process to set you up with the insurance plan you need. We wish you best of luck with your business!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I wanted to hire someone for my company and it was required to have workers' comp insurance. AmVenture responded back the soonest and they were easiest to reach. Their staff was helpful and communication was efficient. It took about a day or two to fill out the forms and get the information together. The price was reasonable for the services they have provided.

AmVenture response

We do our best to offer competitive prices on insurance policies, Taylor - and we're thrilled to hear we were able to find you one that suited your needs. Thanks for your feedback!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I like to have my employees secured and I don't want us to get sued that's why I have AmVenture. I have given them my requirement and they were able to match it, so that's great. They were quick in replying to my inquiries and they're trying to find the provision for my payment. I wanted to pay the premium and they gave me a good offer. They take care of me. It's very worth the cost. Overall, AmVenture has good quality plus customer service and affordable pricing.

AmVenture response

Osama - we're so happy to hear that we were able to work with you on getting the insurance policy you needed to keep your employees and business safe! Thanks for trusting us here at AmVenture.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I had a problem with my previous workers' compensation insurance and I was looking for a new company. My wife checked out AmVenture for me on the internet. I liked their price and how they rated the policy. The previous insurance company believed that there was a minimum amount that they could charge on an annual basis. My company is a summertime business and it's not my primary source of income, and they believed that they could assess the corporate officers of the company an annual salary of $32,000 a year, which we don't make. There are two of us so that triples my cost.

I called AmVenture and spoke with Connie, the person I’ve been dealing with. She's very informative, friendly and quick to respond. I was quite surprised because I called her in February and I followed up later on and she still had all my documentation and was able to locate it. She didn't dispose of it yet after she had not heard from me in a little bit. I was impressed. She didn't lose any documents that she started with so we didn’t have to start from scratch again. Everything was there so we proceeded. She was very quick to respond. If I had a question and she had to look it up and it wasn't right there, she'd call me within 24 hours, if not the same day.

I was familiar with what I wanted so I didn't require a lot of guidance except for the process of underwriting. She assured me that that was not going to be a problem. I got the policy I wanted and the cost is very effective. I would recommend them. It was a pleasant experience, informative and effective so I was happy with it.

AmVenture response

Richard, thanks for your kind words! Connie is part of our hardworking customer service team here, and it's great to know that she was able to help you work through your insurance policy. We pride ourselves on being able to offer competitive pricing for specific industries, and it sounds like she was able to do that for you. Best of luck with your business!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I just started a new business, and got workers compensation insurance through CompSource and AmVentures was the underwriters. The whole process took probably two days and it was pretty quick. It took me about a week to get my contract. But the workers comp for the amount that I pay is crazy. It’s $150 a month to cover the person who stands in my register to take orders and doesn't do anything else. That to me is a lot more than it should be. But I'm pretty satisfied with it.

AmVenture response

Thanks for your feedback, Thad! We're happy to hear that we were able to set you up with the insurance you needed for your business.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I live in New Jersey and workers' compensation insurance is required for my business. The price was what made me choose AmVenture besides the fact that the guy at customer service was really nice and helpful. I talked to him on the phone and he sent me the options that he can offer me to my email, and I chose. I had a great experience with AmVenture.

AmVenture response

Darling - Thanks for trusting us to help you with your insurance needs! Our customer service agents are great and we're happy to hear that you had a great experience with one of them.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I needed workers' compensation insurance for my work but I needed one that I couldn't get in the state of Florida. AmVenture was the quickest one to come through with the bid and I couldn't wait so I took it. There were a couple of phone calls but it was pretty much done by email and a good experience overall. I knew what I wanted so when the rep said, "Well, let's do this," I said, "Perfect." The service was fantastic and it was an easy process. I would do it all over again.

AmVenture response

Thanks for your great feedback, Matt! It's great to know that we were able to offer quick, efficient service to get you set up with the insurance you were looking for.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

AmVenture's rep, Dave, was awesome. I just started a consulting business and I needed to get some workmen's comp. We shopped around for rates with different insurance companies and, by far, Dave was the most outstanding. He was receptive, informative, patient and efficient. He quickly quoted the numbers and returned calls. He made the process so easy while others were sending me 20-page applications and made things seem very redundant.

Dave walked us through online and filled in things for us. He made sure we got what we needed, for example, a certificate of insurance for a client I'm working with. He even called back to make sure everything was done. I've had peace of mind working with AmVenture. I've got an employee that's working with a client and she's got what she needs for coverage. We signed a vendor agreement and I've been able to supply the client with the insurance certificate. This was my first time buying insurance that's so complicated, however, they were able to help me through the process. I would highly recommend them if you want things done quickly and efficiently.

Hi Judy,

We're so happy to hear that Dave was able to help you find a great rate on your insurance policy! He is a great example of the friendly, hard-working team we have here at AmVenture, and we appreciate your kind words. Thanks for trusting AmVenture!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I've been with AmVenture for two months now. I like them but I could never get an email from them. I called them several times and they told me that they’re going to email me over the forms. But until today, I still don’t have the forms to fill out for direct withdraw. They also need to work on following up since they don’t follow up with their clients. Also, their staff was friendly, but their knowledge seemed lacking. I did my own guiding since I used to be in a home insurance.

AmVenture response

Hi Randy - we're sorry to hear you haven't had the best experience with us here at AmVenture. We'd like to fix the issue we seem to be having with your emailed forms. We'll be calling you today at the number you've provided to make sure we have the right contact information for you, and will be resending the information you're waiting on. We look forward to speaking to you then!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

AmVenture gave me a lesser price than other providers so I went with them. Their staff was great. They were really good because they got me a good price and they did relatively quickly. It took less than two hours from the time when it was quoted down to when I had a policy in effect. I like the quick turnaround. It was amazing and painless. I received some guidance during the process although I knew what I wanted. Everything was great and a good value for money.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I needed workers' comp at a deadline date and I was waiting for quotes from two agencies. I was at my wit's end with just getting quotes from these companies, but the guy from AmVenture met it and I had worker's comp insurance before 3:00 that day. They took a load off my back and gave me hope. I had questions that I didn't know how to put in the right wording and the guy that helped me was very patient. He went through every step and he made me feel very comfortable. He is very knowledgeable and he explained what kind of benefits we were getting versus other companies and making sure that I had the right set of benefits for myself. Then he quoted me a price that's a quarter of what I'd have to come out of my pocket if I had gone with anyone else with the exact same coverage. I would tell my friends to give AmVenture a try. They could get other quotes, but AmVenture is going to come in at the best rate.

Debbie -

Thanks for your kind words! We're so happy to hear that we were able to find you a great rate on your insurance coverage. We're in the business of protecting your business, and it's great to know we were able to get this done for you.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I just joined a start-up and we needed to have workers compensation insurance as it's required by the state. As soon as our company was formed we quickly started doing research online. We found AmVenture online at a Google search. The guidance we received was good. They're very responsive and they kept things simplified, which I appreciate in working in start-up and being overwhelmed by so many other requirements. Joshua was my main point of contact. He has educated me on the process. When I first told him about our company, he turned around the quote significantly. Whenever I have questions now he responds. I like the fact that we could combine different kinds of policies and coverages all under their umbrellas. So in the future, as we grow, I don't have to worry about having 10 different insurance companies. I would recommend them to another company, especially on a start-up.

Hi Fouzia,

We're excited to know that you're happy with our bundled policies! We look forward to being able to provide you and your team with even more great protection and offerings in the future.

Congratulations on joining the start-up!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

We went on the internet and searched for quotes and we submitted the information about our firm. AmVenture came back with a couple of quotes and theirs was the best one. We got the workers’ comp insurance and we talked with their reps on the phone that day. They explained what it was and they had some questions. It was very quick. I would tell friends to definitely consider AmVenture for at least workers’ comp.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for trusting AmVenture to help you with your insurance needs! Workers' compensation is so important to have - to help protect your employees and your business - and we're happy to hear that we were able to quickly set you up with a policy. Best of luck with your business!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I had just started working for my boss who just started a law practice, so we were setting up the workers' compensation and the insurance plans. I spoke with one guy at AmVenture over the phone throughout the whole thing. I knew that it was required that we had to have the coverage, so I just wanted to get it, and I didn't really get too detailed and involved into it. I didn't ask him a ton of questions about it, but he made it pretty easy and he was nice and helpful, too. It just took us the afternoon to take care of the whole thing. I would recommend AmVenture because it was easy enough for me to take care of, and I had never done it before.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I’ve been with AmVenture for about a year now. I needed to have some part of my contract, so I decided to look for a workers’ compensation insurance. I was searching for something on the internet and I stumbled upon this company. I called them and found out they had a good price. Everything was good and I’d recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I recently started my own small business, and the contract I was looking to get wanted to have workers’ comp insurance. We signed up with AmVenture and set up the account, and we received clear and straightforward guidance from them. I like that when I put in details on the website to get a contact back to go over the quote, I got another call a couple of days later. I guess they hadn’t realized they’d already contacted me. The whole process was quick and easy.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

We opened up a business a couple of years ago, and we expanded and had to hire some people. It’s just an office with paperwork but we wanted to stay legal and so we wanted to make sure that we had our workers comp should we ever need it. I had a quote from my other insurance agency, Allstate, and they were subcontracting it out to somebody. For a time, I was trying to get a quote or a policy put together but I got aggravated, so I got online, looked up workers comp, ran across a couple of processors and made a couple of phone calls. I looked at about three insurance providers, and it was pretty much the rates of AmVenture that made me choose them.

A young lady from AmVenture called me up and she was very pleasant and straightforward. She had the policy put together within a day and AmVenture has the most reasonable cost for what we needed to get. It was a painless experience and I’m happy, knowing that we’re covered as far as state necessity. We’ve had them for about five months now and the experience has been good, so far.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I and my boyfriend and I own and business and we work it. I had to have worker's compensation insurance and I chose AmVenture because of the recommendation of somebody that my boyfriend knows. The rep was super friendly and he answered all my questions promptly. The guidance I received was excellent and the quality of service in relation to the cost was good. I would tell anyone who would ask about AmVenture that they’re great to work with.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I was starting my own business and I was looking for insurance. AmVenture was recommended through a third-party broker and I liked the cost. Everything was set up through a broker and the process was easy. AmVenture provided guidance too and it was painless, seamless and quick which is important to me. I received a quote afterward that was a little better though so there’s a little bit of remorse there. Otherwise, I had a great experience and I have peace of mind.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I have a small business and I was hiring somebody to work for me so I needed to have workers' compensation. I started shopping for a cheaper insurance since my main insurance company is quite a bit more. We don't do any major transactions where somebody is going to really get injured. We're not on ladders or high up above or below ground floor. It's just a simple cleaning. So I wasn't looking for a lot. I got a hold of the guy from AmVenture and we just went back and forth a few times with some specifics. He treated me good and I liked that they were honest about everything. And everything seems to be working good. AmVenture was easy to deal with and I'd recommend it.

Hi Robert,

Workers' comp is crucial, since it helps protect your employees and your business. From all of us, we want to thank you for trusting us to quickly set you up with a policy. Thanks for your feedback!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

We have gone over three employees and in North Carolina, having a workers compensation insurance has been required. I filled out something online and the representative from AmVenture was the first to call. I told them what I needed and they were able to offer and give me a price that fits in the budget. Their rep was wonderful, very knowledgeable, answered all of my questions and verified some information. I received the paperwork two weeks ago and it was a great experience overall.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

AmVenture had better rates than the other companies and their benefits are good. They answer all your questions and make sure you have what you need. They're an excellent company.

AmVenture response

Thanks for your feedback, Andin! It's great to know that you were satisfied with the rates we were able to provide you. We look forward to continuing to serve you with any additional small business insurance policies you may need.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

The workman's comp that I had before was through our payroll company. I closed that out and had to find a new one. When I called AmVenture, the guy was really helpful. I told him what I needed and he asked me the questions and I didn't feel like I had to get the run around. He just was straight up with me. And that's how I like to do things. He got everything set for me that day, and I didn't have to worry about anything. And his price was really good. We're just a very small business. And I feel like if I ever needed anything, I can call them. They answer my questions right away, and they also send me letters and tell me exactly what's going on. Everything's been good, and the price was very good compared to what I was paying. So we felt AmVenture was a good choice for us.

AmVenture response

Jessica - You're totally right. If you need anything at all, we're just a call away! Thanks for choosing AmVenture to set you up with your insurance policy.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I wanted to get a compensation insurance policy, and I got a new one from AmVenture a few months ago. AmVenture's team was friendly and they answered all of my questions.

AmVenture response

Thanks for choosing us to help you with your insurance policy, Wayne!

AmVenture Company Information