Call toll free
4.68/5
Based on 307 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

We’re champions of the small business owner – those who built their business from the ground up – who are now looking to protect it.

AmVenture offers a comprehensive set of tools for the small business community, focusing on insurance and specializing in workers’ compensation coverage for small- to mid-sized “Main Street” businesses. Our experienced staff is dedicated to treating you with the individual attention we know you deserve.

View More View More

323 AmVenture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 23, 2018

The reps from AmVenture were very good and helpful. They told me what they offer and they offered the service we need. We didn’t shop around too much so we don’t know the prices but it seemed okay for us. I would recommend them.

Get expert buying tips about Business Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2018

We sell medical device to hospitals and the distributor of one of our customers needed a certificate of insurance, and that was kinda what sparked this for us. AmVenture is not very old and we just began to research it and came across the company. They got good reviews online and came up as one of the best companies for small business through Google search. When I checked into it, I got in touch with Connie and she deserves recognition. She called me back several times. I had a lot of questions because I was new to it and she was very helpful and professional. I've been with the company for about 19 months and it's going very well.

I went back to AmVenture again to get another insurance policy for another property that my boss owns for their HOA, and they couldn't beat the terms so we did have to go with another company, but AmVenture is my first go-to whenever we need that. It was very easy for me to understand and very easy to do business with and we actually got the certificate in a couple of days. I had heard sometimes, it takes longer, but we're absolutely pleased. I would definitely recommend it.

Original review: June 21, 2018

My husband does an air condition service and he was required to have a worker's compensation before he comes on the property. Other insurance providers ask for too much money and it was simply a worker's compensation just for him. When we got in touch with AmVenture, their price was reasonable. They gave me the necessary information that I needed and all the reps we dealt with were good. If I call and email them to get a certificate issued, they normally do it. AmVenture is a good company to work with.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I worked with Eric and he was super helpful. I just emailed some info and they made some changes for me. It was awesome and so far, we’re happy with AmVenture. I am sad though that my email inbox is always full of promotions from them. I get at least one email a day. But other than that, everything is cool. I have recommended them too.

Original review: June 19, 2018

The general liability insurance for my business was a requirement for the landlord and I thought AmVenture's cost was great. It was what I was looking for and it was great working with Daniel.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmVenture?

Original review: June 18, 2018

I found AmVenture online and it gives me peace of mind.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I started my own business recently and needed to have insurance for my company. The people from AmVenture that I dealt with and their rate were good. The gentleman who handled my particular process got back to me immediately. He was super knowledgeable, very helpful, and stayed in contact with me. It was done very quickly. Overall, AmVenture was excellent.

Original review: June 16, 2018

The laws have changed and as a sole proprietor, I have to have workmen's comp insurance in Florida. Since I've already got a policy with AmVenture, I chose them but I just have a general liability at this time. The experience that I had with them was good. The guy that I particularly dealt with was very helpful. He worked with me because the thing was, I really can't communicate a lot throughout the day so we communicated mostly via email, and he took care of everything from there. When I was ready, I just called them and we got it all set-up. I was very happy with that.

Original review: June 15, 2018

The insurance provider we normally go to was moving too slowly about the quote, so we assigned it to another company. We went online and found AmVenture, and everything has been good with them. They were speedy and efficient, and they got right back to us and sent us emails. We dealt with Vince who was right on it and he was done by that afternoon. I was given a quote on the same day and I made the $500 payment. Their cost was a little higher or $40 more than the insurance provider that we denied because they moved too slowly. We still have to send out to some of our clients the insurance information that we have. Then the next thing would be our increasing business and some of the prospects that we're looking into. We'll have to call AmVenture to see what they can put together for us.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I'm satisfied with AmVenture and I'd recommend them. I only have one employee and they worked on it with ease. And it was great with their staff.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I've been with AmVenture for a few months now and I'm totally satisfied with them.

Original review: June 13, 2018

The AmVenture customer service rep that I spoke with, Dalton, was really good. The cost was very reasonable as well. It was way cheaper than I thought and I would tell others to definitely try it.

Original review: June 12, 2018

A friend of mine used AmVenture and told me about it. Since a lot of the companies I work for require liability insurance to be able to get awarded contracts, I also needed to get their services. Bryce was my agent and he was great. He was really knowledgeable and although I wasn't shown exactly what I was looking for, Bryce knew exactly what I needed and gave me a rundown on it and how it works.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I did an online search for insurance because I own a newspaper and I'm in management and dealing with people. I was in desperate need for insurance, but it's difficult to purchase insurance. I went on a search program which identifies people's needs and sends this to various companies, and I got all of these calls back from many brokers. But out of the first five companies that contacted me, AmVenture was the only one that was able to insure me or find insurance for me. Bryce was the rep I worked with at AmVenture and he helped me get my insurance. He was very kind and he tried to make sure that I got what I needed, so he had me. The primary benefit I've experienced since working with AmVenture was obtaining the insurance and I would recommend them.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I was cruising through online and I came across AmVenture and I made a phone call. The insurance was fair and they were very polite to me. The only thing they could've worked on was letting me know right away that it was an automatic pay, 'cause I was kinda stressed and I had to make a payment this week and they told me when I called them that it was already set up.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I Googled to get business insurance and called the first number that popped up. So when I went on there to apply, like for somebody to call me, I had just hit 'send', and then somebody called that fast. It was very simple and quick with AmVenture. And they were very great about finding me the cheapest rate. So, that was good. I recommended them to my cousin.

Original review: June 8, 2018

We needed workers' compensation insurance to get paid from a job that we did. We were going around doing a search and getting quotes for workers' compensation insurance, and we found AmVenture. In the end, it came down to price. AmVenture was the least expensive, so we chose them over other insurance providers. The first time I called them, I talked to somebody that took some general information and said that she was gonna call me back in 20 or 30 minutes, but I never heard back from her. That first call left a bit of a bad taste in our mouth. Then I called AmVenture again the next day and I got connected with Linda. She asked me all the same questions that I had been asked before, so I'm assuming that our information didn't get into the system the first time. Linda was super easy to work with. She said she would follow up and she did, so we went ahead and did the workers' compensation insurance with AmVenture.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I liked AmVenture's prices and the gentleman that helped us out was pretty good too. He had a personality. I didn't need a ton of guidance since I'm in the insurance business also, but the guidance they gave me was pretty helpful.

Original review: June 5, 2018

AmVenture's price and offer were good. Plus, a friend of mine here convinced me to go with this company, so I went with them. I worked with Laura and she was very good. She answered my email right away and she was there for me. I love her so much. So far, their customer service has been amazing and once I have a concern, they answer right away.

Original review: June 4, 2018

AmVenture is an insurance company that doesn't beat around the bush. They get straight to the point and don't put you in a 30-minute conversation. I had a good experience with them. They have a very good employee who made sure I understood everything that I was getting into before I even decided to join. But I wish they would come up with a way to umbrella workers' comp without going through other channels of different companies because it isn't there.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I was going crazy online trying to find someone to get back to me because I needed a policy quickly. It was just sort of rapid firing on Google ads and AmVenture was the most quick to respond. The rep, Laura, was very prompt and very helpful.

Original review: May 31, 2018

AmVenture has a low rate. And the cost was very good for me as far as pricing. I also received excellent service from them. Everyone helped me out in every way. I will recommend friends to AmVenture.

Original review: May 30, 2018

We had different companies and I was trying to have a business insurance. AmVenture's rep did a great job but she went out of the office for a couple of days and I didn't know it. I was trying to get my policy signed and done so it'd be legal. They called me back and kept in touch with me except for those two days that the rep was out of the office. I had a problem trying to download a couple of the forms so that could have been a little bit easier. Also, they wanted to auto debit my account but I didn't like it. Nonetheless, the guidance I had for the insurance was what I was expecting it to be and I'm satisfied with it. They also did well setting up the policy based on how I needed it and with all my limitations.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I use AmVenture for our business policy. It is what my landlord required. But I did have a policy through Nationwide at one time. And they seemed to cover more for less money. But AmVenture gave me an umbrella policy to cover all my tools and myself included, and things in the store for an umbrella policy. I also like that they're simply convenient. I was in a time crunch and I needed to get something done right away. They were there and they answered the phone. Their rep was prompt as well. He got back to me on my calls. I also called there twice to get a change done to the sheet that goes to my landlord. And two reps both told me that I had to go online to do it. It was very aggravating. But finally, this one rep answered. She said, “No. I can handle that right now.” She was very helpful.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I’m a one-man operation and I needed workers’ comp to have a mechanical license in the State of Louisiana. I went with AmVenture because of the price. It was the cheapest. Furthermore, the coverage was straightforward, all the way across the board. The person I worked with was very helpful. His name was John and he was always pleasant. He answered all my questions and explained everything. If he didn’t answer, I left him a voicemail and he called me back. People should give AmVenture a try and if the price is right, then go with them.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I was in the market to start my workman's comp over again and an online company did the search for me. AmVenture came back with the best rates and it is a good company to go to. Their signup process was very easy. Everything was mostly done online. I took the application online and they sent me the paperwork. So far, my experience with them has been good.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I was searching for places where they would have general liability insurance for me and I found AmVenture. Then I decided to go with them because of the pricing. I provide a service to colleges where people just run around with their guns and blast each other and I wanna make sure that people don’t end up getting hurt. And if they do end up getting hurt, that it’s fixable, and we can provide them compensation for what they need.

The associate at AmVenture was really helpful. He was able to get me all the information I needed and he was able to provide other options for me and got me a better deal than what I was asking for. AmVenture is fast and easy to use. The only problem I have currently is that I don’t have any emails saying, “Hey, your monthly payment is coming up. You should make sure that you have the funds for the right place for it.” Other than that, they were really helpful and I was able to get a quote and move forward fast.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I had won the bid for a job and a workers' compensation insurance was a requirement in order for me to start working. I had a very hard time getting it since not a lot of people wanted to insure a workman's comp for cleaning so AmVenture was the first one I jumped on. I just want it covered especially when I just have one other person that worked for me. Everybody who I talked to at AmVenture was pretty helpful. They answered questions that I needed to be answered. They asked me questions and just gave me the basic needs that I was needing just to get workman's comp. Everything was good.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I owned a business so I inquired about worker's compensation. AmVenture called us first, they gave me a quote and I liked it. Also, the customer service was quick. They emailed me quick. I need it quick ‘cause I move state to state, and it wasn’t long. They were pretty helpful and they knew what was gonna happen step after step. What they said was exactly what happened and I now have their insurance. I’d recommend them.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I was looking for an insurance provider for my own business. AmVenture's staff was good and getting an insurance from them was an easy, simple and straightforward process. The overall cost and premium were in line with what I was looking for. They asked pertinent questions to get the insurance that I needed and if I had additional questions, they would answer them. I spoke with them over a month ago. It was a fifteen-minute decent conversation and we got the coverage we needed. But it felt like they could insure a whole lot more. Working with AmVenture gives me peace of mind in our business insurance.

AmVenture expert review by Matthew Brodsky

AmVenture sells workers’ compensation insurance to small and medium-sized businesses. It’s an insurance broker, meaning it sells insurance provided by other companies. AmVenture is an affiliate of AmTrust Financial Services, Inc.

• Reputation: AmVenture works with insurers rated "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company. This rating means the companies are financially secure and will be able to make any necessary payouts in the future.

• Claims filing: You can file a claim 24/7 online. Filing a claim quickly helps your business get reimbursed faster.

• Plan selection: AmVenture’s customer service team can help you review claims, including recommended treatments, to prevent fraud.

• Quote: You can fill out a form on AmVenture’s website to get a free quote for insurance. You can also call to speak with a customer representative and get a quote over the phone.

• Whitepapers: AmVenture has published several white papers to help educate small business owners. The company’s white papers include “7 Small Business Catastrophes and What You Can Do to Prevent Them,” “7 Things Millennial Entrepreneurs Need to Know When Starting a Business” and “10 Reasons Why Small Businesses Fail.”

• Best for: small and medium-sized businesses.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky