4.73/5
Based on 193 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

We’re champions of the small business owner – those who built their business from the ground up – who are now looking to protect it.

AmVenture offers a comprehensive set of tools for the small business community, focusing on insurance and specializing in workers’ compensation coverage for small- to mid-sized “Main Street” businesses. Our experienced staff is dedicated to treating you with the individual attention we know you deserve.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 19, 2018

194 AmVenture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I just signed up with AmVenture a month ago and my experience has been fantastic. I'm a contracted employee for a company and they requested I look into getting a worker’s compensation insurance. I went online and Jacquelyn from AmVenture contacted me. She was excellent and assisted me a lot. She gave me a look of the options and the process was finished within an hour or so. I just sent and forwarded my information for electronic EFC to her. Jaquelyn took a lot of stress off me. It is good to know that I have the coverage and I feel that I should have done this sooner. I would definitely recommend AmVenture.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I’m a vendor with numerous clients and I was looking to become a vendor of a client who required worker’s compensation insurance. They were the first to require that type of insurance. At the same time, I could see the benefit in it, protecting me, so that led me to looking for a provider. I found AmVenture online and I had a good experience with their staff. I was in a crunch time to get everything done time-wise, and their number was decent and they got the job done first. Getting the paperwork together and getting everything going went great. They also answered all my questions and accounted for what they've told me. It was thorough. And they got everything done in a timely process. So I’ve had the insurance now for two months. And everything is going good. If anyone asks me about AmVenture I would say shop around because they cost me on this plan. But I will recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I wanted to look at policies to compare them and I found AmVenture through the internet. Compared to others they were cheaper. Also the guidance I received about the plan was fine.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Their staff is very resourceful as far as whenever I ask questions. They respond promptly on email, more so than on the phone. But I can understand call volume is a lot harder to deal with than internet messaging. The only one thing that I didn't like was that he did not update the address and we finally got the bill. We got the bill because of the name and not because of the address. I sent him two emails on that and that's not been taken care of. Also if a person didn't know any better they wouldn't have known that the yearly premium is divided to the five months. This is what I just figured out. I was expecting it to be in 12 monthlies. I wish they would have told me because I'm expecting a $480 bill or something in the mail or at least somewhere in that area. But I got a $1000 bill. But other than that everything's been great with AmVenture.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I was starting up a new business. It wasn't opening until after the first of the year and I needed to have everything established before. AmVenture was the best value for the dollar. All has been really smooth. Their staff were real friendly, good people and real easy to work with. I could understand what they were saying nice and clear. And AmVenture has been a money saving experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmVenture?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I was looking for a worker's compensation insurance firm which I needed for a company that I'm working with. When I saw AmVenture online, I decided to go with them. My interaction with their staff was very positive and easy. In fact, the person I spoke with was the reason why I went with AmVenture. He was able to give me information that I needed, checked things out and got back to me right away. It was a very good experience. Their guidance was exceptional. Working with AmVenture got me a couple of jobs and has definitely made it available for me to get to more gigs. They are very reasonable and they respond back very quickly. So far, they have made everything very well for me and my business.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I was shopping for a better price for worker's compensation insurance and AmVenture responded the quickest. They signed up four of my restaurants with workers' comp. My agent, Dave, was good. But he was supposed to also quote my commercial business insurance and it's been a good two or three weeks now and I haven't heard anything back on them. Their service before the sale was better than after the sale.

But having the compensation gives me peace of mind. Because it's a state law that's required. It's expensive. I mean it's hard to justify having to have to spend so much money on all these insurances for the business but once they make it a law then you have to have it. I would recommend AmVenture. I've worked with other companies and so far so good.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

My husband said I needed workers' compensation insurance, so he went online and found AmVenture. We put in an inquiry through their website and we got a call from them. The AmVenture staff were very pleasant. I spoke with Connie and she was very helpful. Everything came really quickly and easily through the internet and through my email and so in that aspect it was great.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I went online and looked for an affordable insurance, and AmVenture was the first one that popped up. The first guy who sold me the insurance, I kept calling and emailing but nobody picked up. So after about a week, I called AmVenture and asked for the guy, and they said that he was no longer with them. They transferred me to another guy who was not familiar with what they had sold me. Long story short, the whole process started on January 9th and until today, I’m not really set with the insurance that I actually need because they ended up being the wrong package. I wasn’t 100% sure what the requirements were for the company that I was going to work with and the rep told me I can just add later on. It has been a constant back and forth and I’m still waiting to figure this out. But AmVenture really tries to help me out. It's a good company and the price is good. It's just that it's taking a long time and a lot of patience.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

My husband passed away in August and I don’t make that much on Social Security to pay my bills. So, I decided to go back to work part-time as a manicurist, which I’ve been licensed for 30 years. Nobody wants to get a pedicure right now because you can hide your feet in shoes, but I will be needing it when the weather gets nice. I have to have insurance to go onto another person’s home because I do pedicures. The company I have, Allstate, doesn’t carry the kind of insurance that AmVenture has. So, I went online and found them. It was their rep who first called me to offer the insurance. It was only $29 a month, which is affordable. I liked it and I signed up a few months ago.

The AmVenture rep was very nice and cool. She told me that I’d be covered for a million dollars, and that made me really happy. She got right back to me, got me signed up right away and it was no hassle. She was really good. As a matter of fact, I have her number in case there’s a problem. Everything that she told me happened. So, I’m very, very satisfied with the company. Their service was wonderful. It protects me and it protects the person whose home or any business I'm going to insure. So, I like that idea.

AmVenture has given me a lot of peace of mind. I feel that if there's a problem, they would be right behind me. I would definitely recommend them. My experience has been fine. I really haven’t gone back to work full time so I really don't have a need for them, but I wanted to set that policy up so when I do, I have them. So far, they’ve been good. I'd tell others that if they needed insurance as far as doing hair or nails, or toes, they definitely should sign up with AmVenture.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I had my normal insurance carrier in Washington who I get liability from, and they couldn’t issue one in California. AmVenture was very quick in getting me a quote and issuing a certificate. It was easy and I was surprised how little it costs. It's the first time I've used them and I would recommend it.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

AmVenture was the cheapest and had a couple more things that other companies didn't offer. The guy I talked to was nice and helpful. He made the best that he could. I got their service on the 13th of December but I have a limited liability policy with them. Overall, people should go with AmVenture.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

AmVenture was recommended by a colleague who said she was able to save with them. They have a lower price and the application process and the experience were pretty easy. The staff was very clear, timely, dedicated, answered all my questions, and got back to me right away. They were willing to stay late to help push the paper works through. They're really professional and they were able to provide rates that were competitive in the market.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I searched online and found AmVenture. I called their customer service and I was rerouted to the person whom I worked with. Their service was good and their reps were professional. They gave me all the information, more than what I required. Compared to other quotes that I received, their price was really aggressive and the customer service was great. The information that was provided to me was extraordinary compared to other companies. Everything is good right now. I will definitely recommend AmVenture to others looking for insurance.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I needed the workers’ compensations for compliance people on the apartment association. AmVenture's price was really good. Their staff was extra nice and sent me correct info. Everything was fine. If I'd need another insurance policy, I'd want to call them. I’m also going to give good recommendations for them because they'll be helpful for somebody else, too.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I did a search online and AmVenture was one of the companies that popped up, and they came in the cheapest. I've been with them a month and everything's fine so far. The producer who sold me the policy explained everything to me.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

There's not a whole lot of options on workers' compensation insurance here in Alabama and I wasn't satisfied with who I was with. I switched and signed up with AmVenture. I spoke with several reps and they were friendly. They sent me everything I needed. One rep was very responsive and he did a good job. I'm pleased with the customer service. As far as the cost, I'll be saving quite a bit of money. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I have a company and it's mandated that I acquire a workman’s compensation insurance. AmVenture was the first thing I saw on the internet and the rep I talked to was informative. He was also professional and courteous. It's convenient and very valuable to have a workman’s compensation insurance. If I didn't have it, I wouldn't be in compliance and if someone got hurt in my company, they wouldn't be covered. I had an excellent experience with AmVenture and I would recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I have an education consulting company and I Google searched for business insurance. I thought I would get cheap as I could and get my business rolling. Then, if it looked like the business was going to be making money and be successful, I would look back into the policy and see if I really have the coverage that I need. But most new businesses fail, so I didn’t want to have a whole bunch of start-up costs for something that might not even work. It was easy to sign up with AmVenture and the process was quick and great. I’ve also contacted their staff for a couple different things and they got the best customer service I’ve had with any company in a very long time. They’ve been nice and they’ve gotten things done. They were also knowledgeable and if I needed something, they did it right away.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

The rep was very pleasant and helpful over the phone. She explained what covers what and how much it would cost. I did it with credit card over the phone then she emailed the confirmation. She also said I'd get a disability bill which I haven't yet. But otherwise, it went smoothly. It was short and she got me what I asked for almost instantaneously.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I have a business and my workers can't be gone so I looked into workers' compensation insurance. The guy who set me up at AmVenture was very patient and happy. He helped me out, took his time, and explained everything to me. Then, we went ahead, talked to the underwriter, and we got it. Everything's what I wanted.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Workers’ compensation insurance was part of my requirement when I was I setting up my business. I just did some research online and AmVenture appealed to me. I had little interaction with their staff but I was real pleased with them. They were informative and answered all my questions.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I'm pursuing a new contract with a company and they wanted me to have worker's compensation insurance. AmVenture was the first one that responded to me and they were awesome. They were very professional and explained everything in detail. It was easy. People should go with them too.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

United Underwriting's price led me to choose them over others. When discussing my workers’ compensation insurance plan, the rep was very helpful. He answered my phone calls when I called him. He called me back, too.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I got in my home company and I wanted to get some workman's comp insurance. There wasn't a lot of them that was providing workman's comp and my current insurance does not provide one. AmVenture's staff was very good and their cost was fair. They broke it down to where I could understand the plan and made it very convincing. I would highly recommend my friends to them because of their prices and friendliness.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I'm an independent contractor, but I work through Synergy, and Synergy covered me with their policy, and their program. When they bumped us, that forced me to go get independent insurance. I got a call from this gentleman from AmVenture. I told him what I thought I needed, why I thought I needed it, and then asked him for his opinion. He didn't disagree with what I had. And, actually, offered it a little bit more from a particular point of view. He was very congenial and he knew his business. We made our deal over the phone. I ended up making that deal with him to go with insurance through them at a very good price. AmVenture seem to be on top of their game. They sent me all my insurance information that I needed online. So as far as I know, I'm good to go with them for a year. I was very pleased with their ability to get a hold of me and move very quickly.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I called AmVenture to get a workers' compensation insurance because my job requires one. They were professional and helpful. I gave them my information which they plugged in to underwriting. I would recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I went online to get some information and then I made a couple of phone calls. The rep from Amventure responded the quickest and she beat the other companies' price. I also found out that they actually provide the insurance for the other company that I was getting a bid for. I had just moved to Colorado. I was starting up a business so I wasn’t really super familiar with it. They gave me the information. Their rep was very professional. She actually answered a lot of questions for me and helped me understand how it worked. I was really happy with her. Since working with them, I have peace of mind because I didn’t even think of an insurance then we hired someone after being open for a couple of months and I thought “Oh, Shoot! I forgot, I probably need to get this.”

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

A friend referred me to AmVenture for my business requirement. They had given me a good quote and I went with them. One of the guys that I worked with was very confident. He knew what he was doing and he said that AmVenture gets audited within a year so we’re going to have to report this stuff anyway. So I know what I’m doing is right.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Everything is good so far with AmVenture. I do have follow up questions to ask and I’ll probably call them back and discuss to see if we need things with them, but besides that, the rep was very nice and professional. And I’ve seen improvement, otherwise I wouldn’t enroll with the program. I will definitely recommend them if I happen to come across someone willing to discuss their concern.

AmVenture Company Information

amventure.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use