4.74/5
Based on 244 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

We’re champions of the small business owner – those who built their business from the ground up – who are now looking to protect it.

AmVenture offers a comprehensive set of tools for the small business community, focusing on insurance and specializing in workers’ compensation coverage for small- to mid-sized “Main Street” businesses. Our experienced staff is dedicated to treating you with the individual attention we know you deserve.

Read More Read More
Last updated: April 15, 2018

246 AmVenture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 15, 2018

I just started a business and I did a search on the internet to get quotes for a workers' compensation provider. AmVenture came in with a reasonable one. Their staff was great and they answered all my questions. There was a little bit of a hiccup where they had said they were going to be able to instate it right away, but the actual insurance company had a large volume of calls. However, they made it through and I actually got it on quicker than they said they would, so it was great.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 12, 2018

I do some work for a campground down here in South Carolina and in order to get in their facility, I have to carry workers' compensation. I chose a company based on price. I went online and dealt with a second-party company called Sole Proprietor and I just got a form from AmVenture. The person I spoke with was great and he really did good. He did everything I asked to be done. He told me that usually, it could take a day or so before they get the paperwork. But he got it done that same day. It was extremely fast and everything was great.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I needed a workers’ comp insurance to help with my business and to start work. The AmVenture person was very nice. I got the policy the following day and the experience went smoothly. However, the name of my company was not spelled correctly and because of that, the advertisement of my business has been delayed. They had enough time to get back to me and this is a very important aspect. It was supposed to be corrected but I’ve never gotten an email with the certificate. I contacted them but they never got back to me to fix that. I feel like I have to write another email or make another phone call to remind them about it. Their service is good when I was paying for it, but I wish they could be on top, follow through and respond to my email. They really need to improve.

Original review: April 10, 2018

We have been in operation for four years and just wanted to make sure we were covered by workers’ compensation insurance even though we didn’t need to have it. Since we wanted to have it, I went online and found AmVenture and then I filled out an application. I went with them because of the pricing. In addition, the AmVenture staff were prompt and professional, and they got back to me. The initial quote I got was changed and I wasn't able to have it established as quickly as I would’ve liked it to be because the underwriter was traveling. I had to wait on that.

Other than that, they got the policy for us so we’re happy with that and they came back with a lesser amount owed for the year than what was originally quoted. Overall, I had a good experience with AmVenture. It was a good transition into workers’ compensation for our company. Everything was prompt once the underwriter got it and was able to write the policy for us. Everything else was seamless and they got ours processed.

Original review: April 8, 2018

My experience with AmVenture was really horrible because I purchased insurance from them and they canceled the policy immediately on the same day after I paid $1,500 for it. They are a fourth party to the purchase of the policy and it went through another company called INGUARD, who said they didn’t have my money and that it was Liberty Mutual that has it. I'm waiting for Liberty Mutual to refund AmVenture, so they can refund me. But I still haven’t gotten a reimbursement from Liberty Mutual. It was absolutely awful and I wouldn’t recommend AmVenture to anybody.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmVenture?

Original review: April 7, 2018

I did an online search and AmVenture was the cheapest rate at that time. Their staff was great. They were very knowledgeable and helped me answer questions. It was a very good experience. I would definitely point others to the direction of using AmVenture.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I'm a business owner and I needed workers' comp. I looked up AmVenture online and setting up with their staff was good. They know a lot so they answered the questions I had at that time. It was good quality service.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I did an internet search, a price-check and the boss mostly made the decision to work with AmVenture. It was also a directive from the lawyer. He needs workmen's compensation insurance. I needed it to be done quickly and if I had question the staff of AmVenture replied within a day's time, if not sooner so it was seamless. The quality of the service exceeded its cost. My AmVenture experience was concise and professional.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I needed to get workers’ compensation insurance for my employees and the representative of AmVenture that I spoke with was very professional and he knew what he was doing. He matched the cost with the service.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I have a small company, a tailor shop, and was looking for workers' compensation insurance. I ran a search on the internet and found what I needed with AmVenture. I chose them, filled out a form online, and have been with them since March. Their site was easy to go through. The main reason I signed up with them was price. I looked into another company but they were more expensive. I would recommend AmVenture.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I'm new to owning my own business so the insurance agent recommended that I should carry workers' compensation even though right now, it's just me. But I'm hoping that in the near future, I would have some others working for me. AmVenture contacted me and the staff was absolutely wonderful. I went in with a blind eye and he really educated me. He was very comforting too. The quality of service surpassed the cost. He made such an impact and I'd recommend him for sure.

Original review: April 1, 2018

AmVenture was the first number I called, and the guy I talked to told me that he could send the insurance plan and that it'll only take a minute, though it took an hour on the phone. But it was liberating. He emailed me what I needed, then I printed it off and I sent it in with the letter back to the State. I was worried about how accessible it's going to be. But the cost was fine. It was cheaper than I thought. AmVenture provided the workers' compensation quickly when I needed it.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I was looking online for a low price on workmen's compensation insurance. I found AmVenture and they offered a competitive price. They had good coverage, too, so I signed up with them. Initially, their reps told me that they would shop 30 different companies for me in one shot and if I could hold for them a little bit. I agreed and they had me on hold for a few minutes. Then they came back, gave me the prices, and I told them to begin with the process. It was pretty straightforward. Also, the guidance they gave me was very good and professional. So far, their service is the best that I could have found and I would recommend them in a heartbeat

Original review: March 30, 2018

We did research online about the different workers' compensation providers, and after speaking with people, AmVenture was the best at explaining the process and getting things all set up. The customer service levels were great. They were able to explain things when we went ahead and got it started. They also fit our needs and the guidance I received was great. There were no runarounds and it was straight to the point. I would ask something and get an answer specifically for it. I had a great experience with AmVenture. I have no problems paying and having their services. It's worth it.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I opened up a private practice at the end of last year and the new landowner required that we have AmVenture. They were easy to work with. I let them know of what my private practice was about and what my landlord required. And then they did all the rest of the work for me. Fast and simple. They were knowledgeable and very helpful. And there is also quick response time because initially, they had my name on the policy and then my landlord said they also wanted our company to be also mentioned on there. And within 24 hours, I had the updated document to give to my landlord. I appreciated the very quick turnaround. I’m covered for everything I need to be, and knowing that I have it gives peace of mind. I would recommend them.

Original review: March 28, 2018

We needed worker's comp insurance since I bought a business. AmVenture was recommended by an insurance agent who said, “I found this policy. It’s got this really good price. But you have to deal with the AmVenture people directly.” Laura called and got everything set up. She was knowledgeable and very helpful. Signing up was very easy.

Original review: March 27, 2018

We started our own business and my wife found AmVenture on the internet. Everybody was really friendly and their prices were reasonable, a lot cheaper than other providers. I got a policy with them and it provided more security with the way the times are. I would recommend AmVenture.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I needed work comp insurance and I shopped around and AmVenture gave me the best quote. After the close, they were relentless. They kept contacting me and once I decided to buy the insurance, they were good and they were direct with me. It was easy buying the insurance from them.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I looked up worker's comp and I saw that AmVenture was the insurance broker for worker's comp. I contacted them and they gave me some prices for different companies and I chose Travelers. I dealt with two people. Vince, the sales guy, was the one that wrote the policy. Then for customer service, I dealt with a woman named Kimberly. She also gave me the certificate of insurance. Vince was terrible and I'm still waiting on him to give me a quote for a liability policy. He told me that it was going to be a day before he could give it to me, but that was a week and a half ago.

In addition, he didn't follow up. There was a problem with the Travelers insurance policy as far as the wording of the documents. I sent him my articles of incorporation and I made sure he wrote up the business name correctly. I'm a corporation and he should have stated that in the document because I gave him the articles of incorporation. Travelers wouldn’t deal with me because I had to go through the broker, which is AmVenture.

I don't want to label the entire business based on one individual. Unfortunately, once you deal with a sales guy, they don't allow you to go to a different salesperson. They forced me to deal with Vince. Supposedly, he was writing me another policy and I wanted to talk to another salesperson, not him. But they said that since he already has my account, he was the one that has to do it. Because I've dealt with him and he was the one I have to deal with going forward, I wrote my liability and umbrella policy with another company.

I had to constantly go back to him and he was constantly dropping the ball. He would not return the phone call and I basically had to threaten to terminate the policy. That's when Kimberly got involved, and she took care of everything. She was fantastic. I'm paying Travelers every month and they are the one who gave me the policy. I did the quote and it was reasonably market competitive. If I had to do it over again I wouldn’t go through AmVenture.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I searched in Google for insurance companies and I got AmVenture. So, I immediately called them and I got a good response within a couple of minutes. I had called a couple of other insurance companies and they didn’t even respond to me or even take my call. The rep that I was directed to at AmVenture responded very quickly with my requirement and I had a good time with him. He gave me a good insurance policy and I got the worker compensation insurance within one day. The process was very fast and my work was done without delay or postponement. AmVenture was good and my experience with them was very nice, and I’m very happy with the services that they provided.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I was looking for workmen’s comp and I wanted somebody who could write a policy for me. I looked AmVenture up online and saw that they were highly recommended. I also had three different quotes and I liked AmVenture's payment terms, the way that they can spread it out over a 12-month term. Their price was also better than anybody else’s. I dealt with Davey who did great. He quoted me the stuff and followed up with me. I got back with him a week later and told him that I wanted to do it so he had to put another date on it. I had a policy the next day and got that worked out. I had also questioned him about what I wanted the ranges to be and he sent me a complete spreadsheet to my email so that I could see it. My experience with AmVenture has been very good so far and I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: March 20, 2018

AmVenture can get you insurance issued quickly. I filled out an online form and their rep, Jacqueline, got back to me. I knew what I wanted and I was very clear on that. And she provided me with what I asked for and it was quick. She gave me a quote and it was what I wanted to spend. But there was a little confusion on what we did in the beginning. Jacqueline had picked up that we manufacture and install granite, but we do not. We have others do that and we specified it. We’re really a company showroom and she understood that what we do is an architectural product. We got it all worked out and they were able to provide me two insurance certificates for my two landlords and they were timely. We've had the general liability insurance from AmVenture for a little over 30 days and everything is working fine.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I own a business and there was an account that I wanted to acquire. I needed an extra coverage to get that account. I googled a couple of companies and AmVenture responded fast. They were quicker than other companies. I needed something fast and their rep provided that. I told him time was the essence so he walked me through and everything was done within 24 hours. However, they're not cheap. But it has been an excellent experience so far.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I opened up a business, so I went online and filled out some forms and AmVenture was the one that contacted me. They were really friendly and they called me back right away. I was not expecting it to be that fast. I told their rep what I wanted and he just quoted me for it. His guidance was pretty cut-and-dried. I then went ahead and purchased the policy. He told me he was gonna call me back Monday to give me a copy of the policy, but I ended up having to call them multiple times to get it because I could not get the policy. The quality of service in relation to the cost, nevertheless, was pretty fair. It was for a reasonable price, and I was pretty surprised at how good the prices were for it.

Original review: March 17, 2018

If you want a quick and easy process to get worker's compensation, you should go with AmVenture. I was starting a business and I needed insurance. AmVenture wasn't just priced well, the sales rep I talked to was fine too. I had two phone calls with him. At first, he gave me the price and it was better than the other guy's price. The next day I had a quote and I was signed up. Also if I had brought my employees on board, they'd give me a number to call when I actually got them on board. They were efficient.

Original review: March 16, 2018

We used to have workers' comp through another company and their prices go up every year. When we first went with them, we already felt like they were charging way too much money, but we didn’t have a choice. And then, we decided to reach out and see if there was anybody cheaper. I did a Google search on workers' comp, it brought up AmVenture and Dalton, the guy I spoke with beat the price way better than anywhere I could find and he was very helpful. We got off the phone but I had all the information I would need to continue on if I wanted to. He sent me an email and all his contact information if I had any other questions and we discussed it for about a week.

My husband was working out of town at that time so when he got home, we discussed it as well and then I emailed Dalton back that we were ready to move forward. He immediately called me and we got it going and it was very quick and time efficient. I've told my in-laws to call AmVenture and check with their prices to see if they could help because my in-laws are paying way more than what we were paying.

Original review: March 14, 2018

AmVenture has good rates and they are fast at getting you coverage. However, you need to make sure you're covered where they say you are because right now, I'm not too happy with them. They assured me that I was covered in South Carolina, but the main customer that I've been dealing with for nine years was telling me I'm not covered and I can no longer do installs for them.

I was told at the time I purchased the coverage that I was covered in South Carolina. And I have been back and forth six times with the guy who wrote the policy for me. His name was Vince and he kept saying that he doesn't know why they're saying. But these people in South Carolina were saying I'm not unless I could give a 30-day written notice that I'm going to need to be covered for a certain period. And it's messing me up because they're my number one customer. Right now, I don't know who to believe. But AmVenture was able to get me covered where nobody else could. Everybody else I called said they don't do workmen's comp or they would give me a quote but they never got back. I was very happy that these people got back to me and they got me covered, and they had a very competitive rate. But it doesn't help at the moment. Not if I can't do the work in South Carolina.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I got an award for a contract and having the worker's compensation insurance was a requirement for my company. I inquired for pricing and AmVenture was the first that called me. Bryce was the guy who sold me the insurance policy and he was nice, and our interaction was straightforward. Getting the insurance was fast and affordable, and I would recommend AmVenture.

Insufficient response received
Original review: March 12, 2018

I needed to get workers' compensation insurance for my company. I was calling multiple companies, trying to get insurance, and Amventure company popped up. But I did not get insurance with them. We had a problem through them. I kept trying to explain the situation to them because they kept pulling on my other company. I got five different companies, so I sent them information showing that I have insurance with my other companies and this is a new company. I talked to them on the phone, twice. One guy sent me an email telling me reasons why they can’t get me insurance. It sounded good so I understood the reason why. I followed up with him but he was out of town. So, someone else tried to take up and helped me. I talked to her and she said she’ll call me back in the next three hours. And she never responded back to me. I reached out multiple times.

I gave them a down payment for insurance and they were cutting me a check back. It was not a good experience on the whole deal. So, I gave up at that point and just went through someone else to get insurance. AmVenture is a third-party insurer and they go through someone else to get insurance. I would tell a friend to go straight to the source instead of going through a third party.

Original review: March 12, 2018

We needed general liability insurance. I submitted a quote online and AmVenture called me back. The interactions I had with their staff have been fine and we didn't have any issues.

AmVenture expert review by Matthew Brodsky

AmVenture sells workers’ compensation insurance to small and medium-sized businesses. It’s an insurance broker, meaning it sells insurance provided by other companies. AmVenture is an affiliate of AmTrust Financial Services, Inc.

• Reputation: AmVenture works with insurers rated "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company. This rating means the companies are financially secure and will be able to make any necessary payouts in the future.

• Claims filing: You can file a claim 24/7 online. Filing a claim quickly helps your business get reimbursed faster.

• Plan selection: AmVenture’s customer service team can help you review claims, including recommended treatments, to prevent fraud.

• Quote: You can fill out a form on AmVenture’s website to get a free quote for insurance. You can also call to speak with a customer representative and get a quote over the phone.

• Whitepapers: AmVenture has published several white papers to help educate small business owners. The company’s white papers include “7 Small Business Catastrophes and What You Can Do to Prevent Them,” “7 Things Millennial Entrepreneurs Need to Know When Starting a Business” and “10 Reasons Why Small Businesses Fail.”

• Best for: small and medium-sized businesses.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky