Consumer Reviews and Complaints

AmVenture

Patricia, thank you so much for letting us know about your experience! Our agents take pride in swiftly and efficiently helping potential policyholders, and it's great to hear that we were able to provide you with the coverage you need. Peace of mind is top of mind for us!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I needed workers' compensation for my employees so I went with AmVenture. When I went online, AmVenture called me right back. The lady there was very nice and easy to talk to. She asked me how many employees and what the annual income is. She made arrangements to make payments and sent out a check. Then we have those come out of my checking account. She was very good, helpful and knowledgeable. Their guidance about the workers' compensation insurance plan was excellent. I have a little bit of peace of mind that I have protection.

AmVenture

Thanks for the feedback, Karen! We're happy to hear that you're pleased with both the service and price we were able to provide. As always, let us know if there is anything else we can do to help protect your business.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I was with Hartford and I wanted something cheaper so I got in touch with AmVenture to inquire about the workers' compensation insurance. I loved the guy that wrote my policy. He was a nice guy. Also, their service is good in relation to their price. Overall, AmVenture is a good company and I'd tell others to check them out.

I just hired my first employee so I inquired about AmVenture's workman's compensation insurance. I made a phone call, told them what I was looking for and the person took the information then had to call me back. Also, discussing the insurance plan, it was very short and they were very thorough. I liked the price and signed up.

I have the compensation insurance because the law says I have to have it. I only have one employee and all he does is sit at a computer all day. When my worker's compensation insurance expired and got cancelled, I sent a request to AmVenture and they called right away. I just told them what I needed and their price was right in with what I had before. They took care of it so I used them. Communication with them was through email, fax and two phone calls. Overall, I'm satisfied with my experience.

We opened an additional office in Idaho and insurance was required, so I researched online. The AmVenture staff asked pertinent questions which I was able to answer then he followed up with an email with more information to make sure that this is what we needed. Signing-up was very straightforward. Quality-wise, it's very decent. They were professional, courteous and reasonable.

I liked AmVenture's response time. The rep was very quick to get back to me and also to come up with the quotes. Everything worked out very well that way. He was very professional, answered my questions, and took care of things very quickly. He was good and everything is automatically pulled out of my account. The experience has been fun and easy.

I contacted AmVenture when I did the workers’ comp. I did everything over the phone and they sent me all the requirements. It was good customer service and the process was straightforward and easy. I spoke to them, did the payment, they sent me an email with all the papers, and then they mailed me all the other papers. My experience with them was good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmVenture?

We brought in an employee to a program that required us to have a worker's compensation insurance. We called AmVenture and got a quote to get the policy. It was an easy online process and they followed up and gave us a quote. I told them what we needed, what the requirements were and they hooked us up with the policy and confirmed that that would work. The AmVenture staff was friendly, knowledgeable and gave us the information we needed. Since working with AmVenture, we've had peace of mind. I'd recommend them.

I googled AmVenture and they have better rates. My experience was easy and simple. They are a low-cost comp company and I would definitely recommend them.

I did a search online and one of AmVenture's agents called me. The price was right, and we put everything on it. I was able to pay online, so it's very convenient. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable and I get a quick response from the agent. I get enough information to make decisions and my experience was pleasant overall.

AmVenture

We're happy to help with all your business needs, Josselyn! We look forward to working with you to get your method of payment adjusted to your liking.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I first called AmVenture to inquire about general liability and they gave me a quote but I also needed workers’ comp and property insurance. They gave me a quote for that and I liked the price. On the third call they wanted to give me all the coverage but at a higher price so I was able to keep the initial quote. From then, I spoke to Josh, and he was able to walk me through the entire contract and coverage. The service was fair because the insurance that I'm paying is also not as affordable as I liked it to be. I'm pleased with the service from AmVenture. But I haven’t received a form to change my method of payment and I would need to check again with Josh for that. Overall, AmVenture was quick, accommodating, and easy to understand.

AmVenture

Thank you for your feedback, Court! We're happy to send over whatever information or documentation you're looking for. Simply contact your agent and we can provide you with what you need.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I have my unemployment insurance with AmVenture. I started a new company and needed one. The reps at AmVenture were friendly and the process was simple. It didn’t require a whole lot of information. They gave me a price and it seemed reasonable. However, after the policy was set up, I didn’t receive any information regarding my policy, so the communication was a little lacking. Overall though, the experience was seamless. They do a good job.

AmVenture

Thanks for your feedback! We look forward to continuing to work with you in the future.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I wanted AmVenture because we were paying high. I liked their service and price, and the rep was very good and very prompt. AmVenture provided quick service and they have good customer service.

AmVenture

We're happy to hear that we were able to provide you with a competitive premium, Jermaine! Thanks for trusting us to find the right coverage for your business.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I called a lot of different companies and with AmVenture, the payment was pretty low with a low down payment to get started. The person that I dealt with explained everything. He made it very clear for me to understand how the procedure and everything went. So, he did a good job. Overall, AmVenture's quality of service is pretty good.

AmVenture

Thanks for the recommendation, Mike! We're happy that we were able to provide you with the coverage you were looking for.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I was looking for a worker's compensation insurance. I searched online and saw that AmVenture offered that service so I tried to get me something when I could. The staff I worked with was very good and helpful. I also recommended them to somebody. But I just got the policy and I haven't paid yet and I'm not getting any bill from them.

AmVenture

Thanks for your feedback, Drew! We pride ourselves on providing excellent service and are happy to hear we were able to deliver on that.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I was doing an event and I needed workers’ comp in order to do that event. It’s my first time doing it and their rep, this gentleman named David, was extremely helpful. He explained everything to me. The service relative to the cost is fair.

AmVenture

Dee, thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the perfect coverage for each of our small business owners and we're thrilled to hear that you were pleased with our service.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

We are a small business growing but we needed to make sure that the few workers we had were covered. I was looking at the coverage price, what the coverage would do for the company itself and the employees. I've had a very pleasant experience with the lady at AmVenture. She was very helpful, informative and got all my questions answered anytime I had one. We also communicated via email and everything was timely and done correctly to my knowledge. I would recommend AmVenture to anybody, especially small business because small businesses struggle and the price fits very well. So even in our slow or high season, it's affordable. Great company with knowledgeable people.

AmVenture

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! Your satisfaction is important to us, and we're pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with the coverage you need.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

My friend is a boss in another company and when I needed an insurance he said that AmVenture is good. He used it for a couple of years so I can try it. I bought it around a month ago. We were contacted through the phone and email and everything is good. They are professional and easy to contact. They sent me the full contract so I read everything in detail. I'm happy and I recommend AmVenture to others.

AmVenture

We genuinely appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear you’re

happy with your insurance coverage! We look forward to keeping in touch to help with any small business needs.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I met a guy in Restaurant Depot and we were talking about our businesses and insurance and he told me about AmVenture. I was looking for another company to do the workmen's comp with and AmVenture's rates were competitive and they answered my questions. I wasn't getting good communication from the former company I was with so the personal touch was my biggest concern. Overall I will definitely give AmVenture a thumbs up.

AmVenture

Wow, Susan! Thanks for letting us know about your experience with our agent. We're so pleased to hear that you were able to find exactly what you need from AmVenture. As always, please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help protect your business.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

We started with AmVenture back in April and everything is great. The money goes out of my account around the first of every month. Everybody is happy, they get their money and I'm covered. I was looking for an insurance company then who had what I needed. I changed because the audits were costing me so much. My premiums are comparable to what they were with on bureau but the bureau has an outside auditor. They told me they've got an in-house auditor and the price for the audit is within the confines of my premium. In that case, I would be saving $1,500 a year, but I won't know until next April when it's time for an audit because by then, although the premium might not go up, the audit price just keeps going up and it didn't matter if you don't have a claim throughout the year which doesn't make sense to me.

In addition, it's been difficult for me to find an insurance company because of the size of my business. My general service is more residential than it is commercial. I have many commercial customers, but my percentages were more 90-10 from residential to commercial. Most insurance companies did not want to insure me because of that. I've spent 24 and a half years building my business and those customers deserved to have me covered as much as any commercial customer did because some of the houses we do are more expensive than some of the offices that we do. And so, they needed to require coverage and they deserve that.

I had talked to other companies and they all could say they can do it, but the AmVenture agent I've talked to knew where I was at and he worked his tail off to make sure he could provide what I needed. He heard what I was saying and I appreciated that he saw that so, that made me want to work with him. He was straight up with me and worked his rear-end off to be able to make my requirement happen and be insured.

There are so many things that are thrown at us and if you want to be big dog, you got to look like a big dog, you got to act like a big dog, and that big dog requires big insurance. I'm hoping that it's going to be just what I was told it was and that my audit price will not cost me $1,500 like I've been having to pay years passed and everything would be great. We've never had a claim so far and I hope we never have one and so, our reputation was good. Because of what I've experienced so far, I have told other small business people about AmVenture.

AmVenture

We're delighted to hear about your experience with our agent. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I was contacted by Dave, one of the AmVenture reps and the guidance I was given was straightforward. The rep was very helpful in making sure that the old policy was cancelled and the new policy took over. AmVenture has very compatible rates and good coverage, so it was easy to make the transition.

Factual basis uncertain

I was in the process of opening a business so I contacted AmVenture for our insurance. I like their rates so I went with them. Signing up with them was easy but once they got my money, they won't return the calls. I've been trying to get in touch with them to cancel because the business is not going to open but I can't get a hold of them. Now, I'm forced to do a chargeback on my credit card. It's been two weeks now since I responded to an email. AmVenture should not be so concerned about taking people's money. They should give their customers good customer service because, in the end, it's that customer who's going to tell friends and co-workers that they suck or that they're a great company to work with and for. However, in my case, they suck. Will I use them again? No. Will I recommend them again? No.

When I looked into getting a quote, they were speedy in getting back to me. Doloren, the agent who worked with me, was awesome. She was helpful, very pleasant to work with and super on it in terms of saving documents and calling me back. We went through getting a quote and she was very helpful with all those mandatory questions that they ask, figuring out whether or not I was in compliance and making sure that my answers were always correct. She also has kept close with an underwriter and was super responsive in terms of getting on the phone, setting a good timeline for getting back in contact and giving me a call. She was communicative and stuck to her order straight.

And in relation to the cost, the quality of service was reasonable. There was no need to drown the insurance. We were happy with the quality of customer service we had. It was the first time that we've done the insurance product with a new company and mostly I have peace of mind from a compliance perspective since it was mandated by New York State, it helped us feel relaxed. Doloren was there if we needed, we chat with her. We will definitely go with AmVenture again in the future. We had a positive experience with their customer service and their response. I would definitely recommend it to a friend. It was a responsive, communicative and quality experience.

AmVenture

We aim to provide the best service for our policyholders, Travis, and we're thrilled to hear that we were able to give you that. Thank you for recommending us as well!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I had a pretty good experience with AmVenture. I had a big contract before and I needed a policy right away. The rep gave us all she can to get that policy started that day. She accommodated me pretty fast even though it was a Friday and it was late. They have affordable pricing and I recommend AmVenture to everybody that I go to. Everybody that comes across my path uses AmVenture.

AmVenture

We pride ourselves on providing excellent service, and we're happy to hear that we were able to give you just that! Thanks for sharing your experience with us, Angela.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I was getting a contract for my business that required the workers' compensation insurance and I got AmVenture. Their staff hooked me up with a good quote, they processed my payment, and I now have the insurance in place. All of my questions were answered and they were able to work with me to meet the minimum requirements that I needed for the contract that I was vying for. Their service was excellent. AmVenture is definitely an affordable, easy-to-work-with option.

AmVenture

We're happy to hear you gave us a try, Tomas! Thanks for trusting us with your small business needs.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Worker’s compensation insurance is required if you have employees. I saw AmVenture online and they were easy to find. Everything went all right with my interactions with their staff. Having AmVenture is worth it. Give them a try.

We were moving away from management company and doing it ourselves so we needed to get compensation insurance. I'm happy with the company I have. I was talking to Tony from AmVenture. There's a lot going on at that time. I was doing that, doing payroll, and other things but he was good. He came in and met with me one day. We made a connection so I decided to go with him. Price was a consideration also. I had to use them once just to fill out a report and they walked me through it. It was good.

AmVenture

Mignon - we're so pleased to hear about your positive experience. Thanks for trusting us to provide coverage for your small business!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I was looking for worker’s compensation for my company and found AmVenture after doing a Google search. Its benefits cover anything that could happen to one of my workers that are working on site. It was easy to set up, and the gentleman who helped me get it prepared was very nice and knowledgeable.

AmVenture

Thanks for the feedback, Hali! We look forward to continuing to provide you with the great service you've come to expect from us here at AmVenture.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

AmVenture gave a quote to reduce the cost and I got a fair price. They were very helpful and very responsive. It took a few emails and phone calls to get it all set up. They were also knowledgeable and gave me very good quality service relative to the cost.

AmVenture

We're here to help, Amy! Peace of mind is top of mind for us here at AmVenture. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

AmVenture is great to work with. I needed a worker's compensation insurance and an insurance agent told me about AmVenture and they were the cheapest. Their team were also very nice. They were there whenever I needed assistance. I received sufficient guidance during discussion of my insurance plan too. I would recommend AmVenture. They gave me peace of mind.

AmVenture

Thanks for trusting us with your new policy, Neil!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I Googled for insurance companies to find somebody cheaper than the one I had before. AmVenture had an affordable policy and I went with them. It’s been six months since I talked to the reps and I was happy with the way they answered my questions. The agent was very helpful.

AmVenture

We're thrilled to know that our team was able to set you up with the exact coverage you need, Mark. Thank you for your feedback!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

It's a legal requirement to have workers' compensation insurance and since my partner had used AmVenture in the past, I signed up with them as well so it would be with the same people. Their rep was really knowledgeable. We told them to replicate what we've done before and there were about three emails and a phone call where we mainly gave them details of most of the employees that we had. We got it all done immediately.

AmVenture Company Profile