lia sophia

For more than 40 years, lia sophia has been dedicated to connecting women to their dreams by providing them with the opportunity to own a successful business and change their financial future. We’re a sisterhood of women combining style with personal success. We support our Advisors with the finest training and programs and reward their efforts and achievements with countless opportunities for personal and professional growth.

As a brand, we stand behind our beautifully designed jewelry with the strongest guarantee in the business. We honor our customers by offering only high-quality jewelry at affordable prices and with a Lifetime Replacement Guarantee.

As a long-time member of the Direct Selling Association, we take pride in our outstanding ethical behavior, fairness and professionalism, and let these practices serve as an example for our industry.We are Better Business Bureau Accredited and are proud of our A+ rating.

In the event that you receive a damaged or incorrect item, or have any questions regarding lia sophia jewelry, Parties or Advisors, our Customer Service professionals are ready to assist you at (800) 959-3324. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. CT. Visit us online at www.liasophia.com and click on the Contact Us tab for more information.

Compare Jewelry Stores

Research top Jewelry Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews

Well, as everyone can see from these reviews, Lia Sophia is not all warm and fuzzy like their family photos used to be in their catalogs. They don't care who they step on. My case is somewhat different. I started selling Lia Sophia on eBay. I would buy up LS lots and sell them off separately. I was making a little extra money which was nice.

About 3 years ago, an email came from a customer, or so I thought, asking me if the jewelry was "signed." I said yes. Then, they said they worked for LS and they ordered me to stop selling on eBay. They said I had to ship all my stock back to them because I was selling counterfeit jewelry. I was like, "Huh??" They even mailed me a stop and desist order. This was my jewelry that I purchased from other eBayers and I was not going to send it to Lia Sophia for free!! They also wanted the names of the eBay sellers I bought it from!! I wasn't going to give them that info.

Then, they filed a complaint against me on eBay. I had 1300 positive reviews and no complaints. EBay has banned me from selling anything to this day. I still cannot get back on to sell no matter how many times I called eBay to plead my case. I later found out this happened to a lot of other people. That's what happened to LS. They were being undersold by eBayers. That's why they went bankrupt. Everyone knows their jewelry was way overpriced. Now, from what I read here, it's made even cheaper and they are still trying to make money by cutting out their middleman. I feel bad for all the LS reps who believed in these people and worked their butts off for them. They only cared about the bottom line and still do. No returns or exchanges from the outlet - unbelievable! They know how to kick us customers, don't they?

Boy was I surprised to learn Lia Sophia was out of business but then again I should not be. I had a very successful party in 2008. Many of the pieces I have turned in color. The elastic stretched or broke in pieces. I have fashion jewelry from 20 years ago still in tip-top shape. I am very disappointed with this company. And I will not buy from the outlet. If anyone has any additional information pls let me know.

I purchased about 6 or 8 items at a party. I contacted lia sophia to tell them that the elastics on two of the bracelets had stretched, making the bracelets unwearable. I paid over $60.00 each. I contacted customer service over a week ago and hear nothing back from them. I will not be making a Lia Sophia purchase again!

I was always happy with jewelry from the parties and I have been mostly happy with the things I bought from the outlet store. But I did have a problem with one item - the Baby's Breath necklace. I am allergic to nickel and I had never had a problem with rashes caused by Lia jewelry. But the Baby's Breath necklace causes a rash to my neck every single time. I contacted the company and they said it was made the same way as all their other pieces. So I don't know. Seems funny to me...

Recently made a purchase of 3 items (two of which were the same bracelet with one gold and one silver). Got all three but the ones I requested in each metal were both sent in silver. They tell me I can't return it? Also in the picture the bracelet laid flat and yet when you get it the way it lays on your wrist makes it really bulky. They absolutely do not accept returns. Why are they able to use the Lia Sophia name and prey on people who were loyal customers in the past. This is not, by any means, the Lia Sophia of the past. $35 down the drain. DO NOT SHOP HERE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about lia sophia?

Purchased 2 items from Lia Sophia outlet. While I only paid $15 for a pair of earrings and a necklace, it's so cheap! Bends easily. Dollar store quality at best. And they don't accept refunds. It's crap jewelry... save your money. Don't buy anything from this site.

Do not buy anything from this company! The merchandise is no longer the quality it used to be with the direct sales parties. They do not take any items back for refunds or exchanges and do not post that anywhere on their website. If I could have given them a 0 star, I would have. Worst experience online ever!!!

Went to a Lia Sophia home party within the last year and purchased quite a few items. One being the blue sapphire ring. All my jewelry stays locked up in a safe and when I recently went to wear the ring I found that the stones were discolored and definitely not wearable. Since the home party, we were told that Lia Sophia was not going to be available anymore so I threw the receipts away thinking I've never had problems with your jewelry in the past so assumed my new purchases would be the same now. I was wrong and wondering if there is anything I can do about this ring at this time? Please advise.

I was introduced to Lia Sophia in the fall of 2014. I purchased a $150 worth of jewelry in either August or September, and I even threw a Lia Sophia Party in October. It is filed away, so I'm not exactly sure how much, but I know I purchased around $200 in my party as well. I thought the jewelry was beautiful, and I loved loved loved the Lifetime Warranty, because although I do not wear jewelry but a handful of times a month, I have small children. I rarely ever purchase jewelry, and if I do, it is very inexpensive jewelry because I'm awful about losing it and my children will grab my necklace sometimes and break them. There is no way I would have ever even taken a second look, or even looked at this jewelry because of the cost. I was very appealed by the Lifetime Guarantee, and decided I would take a leap of faith because I did want beautiful jewelry, and I did want to look good when dressed for business and special occasions.

WHAT A COSTLY MISTAKE ON MY PART. A couple of months later, Lia Sophia informed everyone of their closing. I had a ring already start turning copper in less than a month after purchase. I had jewels fell out of some of my other pieces, and the jewelry does tarnish. I was very upset after learning of their closing, and which I sent letters immediately following. I told them I wanted to return the jewelry and be refunded, but they explained that was not possible. They said they no longer had one of the rings I wanted to send back because the silver color was worn off the bottom of the ring and it was copper. I was a day or two late on a few pieces of their final date to complete exchanges. What an awful awful company.

So all the fabulous jewelry I thought I purchased, a few months later, was absolute trash. Just the other day I received an email from Lia Sophia about their outlet where you can purchase their jewelry. Are you kidding me? Now their jewelry is cheaper, but no Lifetime Guarantee is offered. WOW. So this company has been able to sell high priced jewelry to people with a Lifetime Guarantee, state they are closing their business and guarantees are not rewarded anymore, BUT opened back up as an outlet selling the same jewelry cheaper with no guarantee. THIS IS WRONG. I love how now none of my emailed receipts have pictures on them. HOW CAN THEY DO THIS?

I purchased a Lia Sophia charm bracelet called "Menagerie" a number of years ago. I wore it about a dozen times, and packed it away in my jewelry box because I was moving and just recently went to wear it again. This bracelet cost close to $100 and it is unwearable! I contacted Lia Sophia and was told they only now have an outlet store and will not replace it. I went to the outlet site and there it was for $49! I got back to Lia Sophia site and told them that I was willing to take the replacement for half the selling price and lose the rest of the money. For the second time I was contacted by an anonymous person and told I should have taken care of it when notified they were going to outlet status. Take care of it? How would I know if I wasn't advised? They had no comment.

After sending a third email and receiving almost an admonishment for bothering them, again, from anonymous, I requested contact information for the corporate headquarters. I never received a reply to this request. I want them to replace the bracelet because it is available. I am shocked at their lack of honor and courtesy. I don't appreciate being ignored, I am the loser and am willing to compromise to rectify this matter. I purchased this bracelet in good faith and they are not honoring their commitment to the consumer. I would appreciate any help that you can provide on my behalf. Bracelet was purchased at a Lia Sophia party on Ash Street, Beverly MA 01960.

Beware of any jewelry you buy from the Lia Sophia Outlet. The jewelry will break, tarnish, and show wear extremely fast. Sizes on rings are not sized correctly. I used to sell this jewelry and since their closure I have become experienced with its horrible quality because of the $1500 in stock I purchased for my display just 6 months before they closed.

I had returned $300 worth of jewelry to exchange. I never got to. They went out of business and I received nothing in exchange. I tried to contact them but nobody would answer me concerning it.

Over the years, purchased a lot of LS jewelry. After I returned an item that was discontinued and they mailed me a certificate for $118 - hey, I forgot I had it... looked in my file and followed up - wrote to LS only to find out that "Sadly, LS is no longer accepting blah blah..." That's $118 of my money they won't honor - I have so much of their jewelry and now I'm left with a piece of paper worth nothing - just like their company. The sad part is how they dropped out of their business and took my money! They could have at least allowed me to purchase a couple items from their outlet. Sad, sad, sad... all I can say.

I had a bracelet that was falling apart... I sent it in for replacement. The package was not delivered - said wrong address. I sent it again to another address and it was returned back to me as "refused." I spent over $15.00 just trying to send it in. The jewelry is no good and there is no replacement guarantee!!!

In November I was a new sales associate with bright hopes for a future with Lia Sophia. But right after my 3rd Jewelry Party I started to notice more and more problems with my orders. Not only were pieces from orders missing. But I had over $600 in Jewelry Credits that I ordered. That never came. I even tried reordering pieces that were missing from my customer's orders with my jewelry credit but it still never came. In the mean time all the jewelry I already had started to turn my skin green. Cause hives on my neck and several pieces were broken and faded.

So my $1200 "display" was now trash. Even though the company boasted a lifetime guarantee none of my pieces qualified? My phone calls got me nowhere. My complaint emails were never returned. I never received my jewelry and up until my consultant page was disconnected I still had over $600 in credit. I have upset friends and family over this business and someone needs to make these corporate vampires to pay for using people like this with their poor business practices. It's no wonder they have been shut down for good. If there is a class action lawsuit count me in.

I had a party and sold a necklace to a colleague. She returned it to me and asked if she could get a new chain because the chain was broken. Pursuant to Lia Sophia policy she should have been given an exchange (new necklace). I firs t contacted them in November 2014. Since then I have emailed them numerous times. I asked if they would exchange the necklace for a new one, give her a refund or simply send back the necklace that I mailed to them. They have refused all the above. In my opinion they are thieves. They took my necklace and refuse to give it back. That's stealing!! There is no phone number to speak to anyone and when I send emails it usually takes several weeks or months to get a reply. I think this business should be held liable.

I have ordered many times from the outlet since Dec 2014 without any problems until now. One of the rings I ordered in a size I knew would be a bit large, came in and was way too tight. This would mean it was marked with the wrong size. They refuse to fix the problem. Now I will NEVER purchase from them again. This is their mistake not that I've changed my mind. They will not replace it with the correct size.

After reading many negatives reviews, I was hesitant on placing an order on the Lia Sophia Outlet website. I did so anyway and received my order in 6 days. I'm happy with the communication I received from Lia Sophia Outlet and with my purchase.

I have a merchandise credit for $48.00 as I had to return a necklace that the silver turned black. I paid the $5 handling charge and was issued the credit. The credit was issued in November 2014 and expired in May 2015. When I tried to use the credit it was rejected. I sent an email to the company and their response was all merchandise credits were not valid after December 2014. Also could not use the credit on the outlet store online. I was never advised that this credit was going to expire before the expiration date.

I need some help on how to get a hold of someone at this HORRIBLE company. I bought and paid for product in Dec 2014 and have had no help. The sales rep (says she's doing all she can) and just need some advice on how to get in touch with these people. Anyone?! Is there a lawsuit going to happen bc I know I am not the only one... I would really appreciate any help here.

Ordered from Lia Sophia on line outlet and when I rec'd my order one of the items listed on the packing slip was missing. I have e- mailed them 3 times and have yet to hear from them. Tried to call. Got a recorded message that customer service is closed. Call three different times in the day and always closed. So now they have my money and I have no product.

I attempted to order a ring off of their outlet site. The website continued to go off and on would not accept my debit card and order said did not go thru on off and not authorized or confirmed. My son went on his credit card and it went thru and I received my ring in time for Mother's Day and it's beautiful. In the meantime they went on my card and deducted the amount of ring 3 times and put a hold on my account for the monies. Their CS numbers are non CS numbers and are directed to contact them by email. I have sent them numerous emails that they do not respond but did send one to confirm my order. Imagine that!!!

They have no customer service, do not respond to anything even the site they provide, it's like being ignored on purpose. I am 60 yrs old and my husband just passed away on Thanksgiving, my fixed income does not allow much left over for food and car pay in insurance. I feel taken advantage off and my financial institution won't refund money because of hold on account. That's another story. Meanwhile I'm out the 100.00 and no satisfaction from Lia Sophia in sight.

I have several pieces. All the stones have faded. I have receipts and no recourse. I paid for this junk. I want my money back. There was supposed to be a lifetime warranty. Does anyone know if there is a class action lawsuit I can get on?

Used to be good to work with, but once they announced they were going out of business they no longer honor their lifetime warranties. I sent in a broken pair of earrings and they rejected my package and marked on it return to sender. They will sell you items at discounted prices, but won't do anything beyond that.

As an Advisor, after learning they were closing I put in 3-4 orders back in Dec 2014. After NUMEROUS emails through the last 4 months, my customers & I are owed a collective $109.80, not counting the previously paid shipping. I had several b/o'd pieces from Dec and all but 6 items were either sent or refund checks issued. I have been MORE than patient - this is not fair. I want our money! And "** of Pueblo West, CO on Feb. 12, 2015" - I agree about the lawsuit - count me in!

I have a $50 credit/coupon for a Lia Sophia product and have emailed Lia Sophia as per their telephone prompt as it said that all calls will be handled through email. I have had no response from them and have emailed twice. My coupon expires next week and I am concerned that I won't be able to redeem it due to their lack of response to my request.

I bought many things at many parties. I loved the look of the jewelry but it really was not well made...junk, in my opinion. Put on one bracelet and it broke the first time. I just sent 3 necklaces that I had wore maybe 5 times each because they fell apart. Got them back in return mail. Now I know why. They are out of business. No surprise. Overpriced junk. So much for lifetime warranty.

In December 2014, I purchased many items through their Outlet website along with purchasing through my LS consultant. Since then, the Outlet was kind enough to send me a check for whatever was sold out. However, anything I ordered (and paid for) through the consultant has gone silent. I only received one piece of jewelry from her.

According to my consultant, Lia Sophia is not dealing with consultants and they have been told to have their customers contact the company directly. There even was an error on my packing slip for the one item I received. Only one other item was listed as being on backorder. Meanwhile all the other items I ordered aren't listed. As per the company, we could only resolve matters by email. When I emailed them, I was told all refunds are being handled as quickly as possible. We are now in March and I have not received a penny for all the jewelry I ordered through the consultant. I hope a class action suit is brought against the company because they robbed me and many others of hard earned money. I am so disappointed with the way the company handled their closing.

November 2014 sales representative ** from North Liberty, Iowa. Party at home of ** Check number ** for $64.17. Have not received refund for (3) necklaces.

I too hosted a party before the announcement of the closing was made. I have two of my guests (friends) that have not received their items or their refund. My adviser tried contacting the company, I have tried contacting them, and all we have gotten back is a generic automated message. It is extremely frustrating that they are handling this situation so poorly.

lia sophia Company Profile