Kirby Vacuum Cleaners
2.32/5

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Kirby Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

For nearly one-hundred years, The Kirby Company has manufactured superior, American-made home cleaning systems. Kirby does not sell directly to the public but continues a long tradition of distributing its home cleaning systems through independent distributors, who are responsible for running their own businesses. Over the years, this distribution system has afforded thousands of men and women the opportunity to live the American dream of owning and operating their own businesses.

Experience has taught us that customers prefer to try our premium cleaning systems in their own homes before purchasing. Customer satisfaction is our top priority. If customers have any questions or concerns regarding the in-home demonstrations of Kirby cleaning systems or the cleaning systems themselves, please email us at consumer@kirbywhq.com, or call us at 800-494-8586, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., EST.

View More View More

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Kirby Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

Original review: Jan. 31, 2015

Oh yes I will be as accurate as I can. Memory seems to fail when you're under duress with uninvited guest who won't leave. Rocking away on my front porch nice sunny afternoon, van pulls up across street yet some guy is walking behind it after leaving previous neighbors' house. Strolls over to mine with half smile yet a caring concerned look on his face. Could some poor dude in the van show me something so he could get a paycheck? Guess I needed to do a little charity work that day.

Well ok, sure let him. Out pops this nice looking white shirted and tie guy with more energy I've seen in years. All tile and wood floors except the library where I'm organizing things etc. Lots of talking as he empties the box. Says I, "I've got one of those Kirby’s." "Oh since when?" "40 years ago..." Yep they do make good stuff. We go back and forth as he removes the coffee filters. One by one. Gets my permission to use my old one first on the library rug. Sure, why not? I told him up front, ''Not much time, you have to be quick and I don't need one of these. OK?" "OH, will do just a love seat."

Well at least 2 hours later with about 14 white filters in middle of floor dining room, a visit from district manager, request from worker on how to say a rosary, he saw all my statues and crosses I guess. He listened and maybe he will pray on it, who knows. Makes call to somebody about price as I recall vaguely, then I get aggravated when Mr. boss arrives and I say no to him about any purchase. He leaves, worker stays hoping I change mind. I realize I don't have to put up with these pushers, ask what time is it. "OH, I'm going to church and should have left 10 min. ago. I'm leaving now so get your stuff out NOW and get it on porch. I'm locking up and leaving 5 min. ago."

He then knew I meant business and quickly threw everything on the porch and I locked door as he exited. Jumped in my car, as I drove in front of my house, waved to him as he is glancing my way. That was it. It works. Throw their things out the door and tell them you will lock everything up. They will go. I saw how fast he was able to get all that out of the house. Goodbye and be strong. Oh by the way, what got me was when the big boss was bragging to me about how MUCH money he made even though he had to live across the country across from his wife and kid. How sad...

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

I recently had a very bad interaction with a salesperson from Kirby. I was home with my youngest child and hear a knock at the door. When I answered I was greeted by a young couple named Richard and Chasity. One was wearing a name badge saying who he was and whom he worked for. I asked them, "How can I help you?" and they began to tell me that they worked for a Havelock Cleaning services and were trying to find people to allow them to give a demo to so the girl could get paid just for showing and that I didn't have to buy anything but to tell my friends about the product. I told them that at the moment I did not have time for that. They continued to say how she's new and needed to do this in order to get paid and win a contest and that she only needed one more to go home for the night.

So unfortunately I let this girl into my home to show me a product. When she came inside I noticed a very strong smell of marijuana and alcohol on her. I asked her at that time that I was not interested and that she needed to leave. She started saying that this won't take long and she just needed a few minutes of my time so she can earn her time to get paid as well as win a contest. I told her to leave again and she started telling me how rude I was because I asked her to leave and that if I didn't want to see the product I should have said something at the door. That I was wasting her time when she could be showing someone else who could help her and that I am ungrateful.

I then told her she had 1 minute to get out of my place or I was going to call the cops. She then said that I didn't have to call them because she would be more than happy to get the ** out of my disgusting house. I asked for her employer's name and number and she told me to go ** myself to Google it and it wouldn't matter what I said because her boss wouldn't believe anything I said because she is one of his best employees. After my encounter with this girl, I will never open my door to any person selling anything because that is not how you treat possible new clients. I did Google closest Kirby dealers near me and found two companies which one stated they did not work there that I should try the other one and if I don't get any help to call the main company. Never allow Richard or Chasity into your homes.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

Had a guy come to my house selling Kirbys and asked if he could do a demo. He would clean my carpet and if I wanted I could possibly buy a vacuum. He stated he would be like Nicolas Cage and be gone in 60 seconds. His seconds turned into several hours. He kept repeating himself trying to get me to purchase one. I told him I couldn't afford one. He kept pushing and pushing. Then he asked me for food. He kept stating "if you just throw in dinner I'll give you a deal." He kept pushing stating he was in a contest trip to Arizona. I mentioned I needed to leave to go to bible study, he offered to come with us if I would purchase a Kirby. Very unprofessional.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2015

The young lady who done the demonstration was very nice, of course they are trying to sell you something. I did inform them at the door that I wouldn't be buying anything from them, but they insisted on cleaning my carpet. So I let them in big mistake. Three hours later after she connected and reconnected all the hoses and attachments, her boss shows up. He was very rude and pushy implying that I live in a dirty house, every house has dust in it. I live in the country there is dirt everywhere. But I keep a very clean house. Once they finally left I sure was relieved.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2015

So me and my mom come home to find my father about an hour in with the sales guy from kirby doing his demo. After the demonstration which took about 3 hours total we decide to buy but I am very cautious about things like this so I ask how long we have to return and about late payments. The boss tells me if at anytime we do not want the vacuum or we need to return it just give them a call. Fast forward a month later when we find out that the vacuum is really a hassle to use and it doesn't work any better than any other vacuum especially for the price. We try to return this and they tell us it has been more than 3 days so we cannot. We even tried to say we could not afford to pay for it and the guy laughed and said it is our problem.

At this point I am livid and I tell them I am not going to pay for this vacuum. The guy tells me that is my business and basically they have gotten their money so he doesn't care. Terrible sales people that give you inaccurate information. I wish I would have seen this before although I refuse to pay them when the damn thing doesn't even work after only a month. Terrible terrible terrible!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kirby?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2015

So I answered an ad on craigslist looking for employees who are outgoing and wanting to make an upwards of 1500 a week. I responded and got an interview with a company called Champion Productions which is an independent seller for Kirby vacuum cleaners (I did not know this at the time). After going in for my interview I was asked a series of questions not gaining any answers as to what I was applying for or what I would be doing. After being lead to the belief that this company had multiple positions and one that would fit my work background I agreed to receiving a phone call about my position opportunity.

When I got a call back I still was not told what it was that I'd be doing but told when we were in the interview "I didn't think you would be a good fit for the position but as the interview went on I decided I wanted to hire you." The next day I went in to orientation (1 of 3 days of which were unpaid) upon which speaking with 2 others that got hired were given the same lame call back from the "company" and they didn't know what it was that we were to be doing for work.

After orientation we were told we were to be going around selling kirby's, I stayed with it cause I'm not the person that gives up on anything. After finish orientation I remained with the company selling 8-9 of these machines at an average price of 1700 dollars (you can get one on eBay or amazon for 400 to 800). As I understood it my commission was to be the selling price minus 1050 divided by 2 and an extra 100 for any doors of sales that I knocked on myself.

After moving over 16000 dollars of product for them I received $736.48 broken down to the hours I worked for them (which was 12+ hours a day). My rate of pay came to a measly $2.27 an hour. After one night that the owners had me and another worker go out on our own for the company, we came home and my co-worker had issues at home that our employer were well aware, and he needed to stay away from home and get his mind right for the next day of work.

The next morning we woke up late and had several missed calls of idle threats from our employer and were fired. They are now claiming missed profits for our late start to the day saying that because they didn't have the van (which they had 2 more vans and they knew exactly where the van was less than 2 miles from the office) and withholding more than half of the last checks they owe us. I made sure to file a complaint with the BBB and am totally outraged at the way they scam their workers, I will continue this until they are justly dealt with. This business is once again called Champion Productions Inc. 3584 Hoffman Road East

Vadnais Heights, MN 55110 phone # 651-308-0007. The owners are Matt and Beth. Please do not allow yourself to be scammed by them as an employee or as a consumer thank you.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2015

We bought a Kirby a few months ago from guys out of South Bay Modesto. They promised to come back and shampoo our carpet. We have called them SEVERAL times and they just keep saying they will make the arrangements. They also said they would bring the supplies we need such as bags, belts, shampoo and stuff. We still just keep getting the run around and we have no bags or anything. I guess I'm going to find the crap on my own and do my own carpet as they promised.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2015

What happen to the good Ole days when things were made to last. I spent 2200.00+ on this "amazing" vacuum. I constantly have to buy belts because the break so easily... that's just more freaking money I have to spend once a month on this darn thing... it's a hunk of crap!!!! Had I known before signing the paperwork for the Kirby that I was getting the one they used for years in demonstrations, I wouldn't have bought it. Paying for a used piece of crap is just ridiculous.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2015

We had just moved in to a new home and were busily getting things set up when a cute young lady approached our house and said she needed to clean something in our home for free, so she could be entered into a contest to win a trip to Vegas. She was sweet, so we agreed. She left for a bit, then came back with 2 other people. The older woman was very loud and obnoxiously friendly (called the kids princess and prince), and the young man was quiet and friendly.

For the next 6 hours we had the young guy cleaning the house (he was actually very sweet) and the older woman showing up here and there to assault us with sales attempts. We would've had to be nasty with her to make her leave. I told her I was uncomfortable multiple times, and even went as far as to say my credit is bad (it is), and that I would NOT be taking out any loans for a vacuum. She didn't listen and continued until I caved and let her do a credit check. Thankfully it came back as a no. Immediately when she found out I'd been turned down, she left without so much as a “thank you”, or even “have a nice day”.

Do NOT let them into your home, unless you can easily tell aggressive sales people to leave. You may end up needing to call the police on them, if they're anything like the woman who was in my home. This happened on Jan 22, 2015 in Lacey, WA. I am livid over how I was treated! Thanks to her, I don't care how great the product is. I will NOT be buying a Kirby ever!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2015

The salesman came to the door on Tuesday offering a free carpet cleaning. Obviously I knew there was a catch. I gave them my contact info as I did have concerns that our only four year old carpet was looking more and more like 14 year old carpet. They called back (still no idea it was Kirby) and set up an appointment for Thursday. As it were, my eight year old ended up getting sick that day. I decided that I'd still have them come as he wasn't too ill for me to cancel. When they arrived, I saw all the Kirby gear. My first thought was some four letter words. They were here a long time. Nearly two hours. The first price was a ridiculous $2,199. Even though the vacuum picked up dirt my Dyson was leaving behind, I couldn't justify the extra $1,600! The salesman were pushy yes. But during this time my child's fever rose and I had to check on him every ten minutes or so.

They were patient with me even though I hadn't given any indication that I would buy. Finally, I told them it would be best that they left as I had to take care of my son. Out pops a price of $1,200. So I purchased it. They offered to come back and show me the vacuum more thoroughly but I can figure it out. I also had spinal surgery. Fusion of C4-C7. I have lost a lot of strength and have limited feeling in both hands which makes me much more clumsy than before. The vacuum has a powerdrive so I don't understand how it's harder to maneuver. It definitely heavier, but the handle makes carrying the 17lb weight easier. Blows away every single vacuum I've ever used. Literally lifts the carpet as it's sucking. Lifetime warranty. It's a lot of money and more work than a standard big box store vac but it's already made the carpet look nearly as good as it used to and it feels very soft as it once did as well.

I didn't like the pushy approach but they are selling a vac that's been around over 100 years. If it's that big of a deal to get them out, don't invite them in. Or if they are in, just ask them to leave or call the cops. It's simple. If you're too scared then just keep them out. I thought this was a review of the vacuum cleaner itself. Look at some youtube tests. Then search for some more reviews online or at the old time vacuum repair stores. Kirby is the best in nearly all categories hands down. Not even close.

Resolution response: Feb. 17, 2015

I realized that even though I made no money from this job, I'd rather let bygones be bygones, and forgive them anyway. I apologize if people are getting bad experiences

Original review: Jan. 23, 2015

JD & Associates, 407 Orchard Park, Building 2, Ridgeland, MS 39157 / (601) 487-8086: One day, I was unemployed and looking for a new job. Then I saw a job offer on craigslist about a so-called "rapidly growing company looking for Happy hard working people with positive attitude." It led me to some weird old building with a foul-mouthed old guy repeatedly uttering expletives. Then I saw 11 other people in a classroom sitting where the same old guy was at the front of the board talking about this job.

I had no clue this job would be that we had to sell things. Had I known this, I would never take this job in the first place because I'm an introvert. The Kirby job ad on Craigslist never makes it clear that it's a sales job and that you have to pressure people into selling expensive vacuums. This Kirby distributor, "JD & Associates", is a big SCAM. Here's how. I was promised a $400 a week salary if I did 15 demos a week. Yes, I'm aware that Kirby dealers are independent contractors and must reach the quota to get paid the base salary. At the end of the day, the company controls where and how many demos you do. I found out that 15 demos a week is very difficult to attain and has been done only ONCE by a dealer. They force employees into independent contracts so that they won't be responsible if you don't the required demos.

The veteran people who have been at that company for a while try their best to reel in these clueless new dealers by bragging about how they make "thousand dollar checks" and paid vacations. I also never received a "sign on" bonus that was promised during the 3-day orientation. I sold 4 Kirby’s while working for them, and still received no money for any of them. During the orientation I was told that if I sold a Kirby, I received commission immediately, which was a lie. I went to the distributor's office and he said it takes 2 weeks to receive commission. 2 weeks came... still no money. BIG LIES, and empty promises.

Also, I find it funny that they don't drug test new applicants and it took them only a few hours to accept my application for employment (a regular job may take days or weeks). Kirby distributors will accept anyone that applies, they are DESPERATE. The Field Distributor gets paid big by the Kirby Company for promoting people, and over 90% of the staff quits in the first few days, so why turn people down and be selective?

They cannot afford to be selective. And that's one big why you should close the door on Kirby goons -- you could be letting in a felon and not even know it. I felt very guilty using these sale tactics to sell these overpriced machines, and I decided to leave recently because I do not wish to make a living ripping people off. When a Kirby rep comes into your home, here's what happens: They offer a free detergent in exchange for you to allow them to show a demo, lie to you about them opening up a cleaning store in your area, pull 100 pads of dirt with the Kirby, do a "vac kill," as they call it, to show why your vacuum is inferior to the Kirby, invade your bedroom by testing that machine on your mattress, and shampoo the carpet.

Then they put pressure on you by coming up with a fake sob story about a contest they claim to be one more away when they know they have no chance of winning. The Kirby itself is no scam; it's really an amazing product. It's just the distributor and their sales goons that's the scam. If you really want a Kirby, go buy one for $400-$800 from eBay or Amazon.

Actually, the distributors buy the Kirby’s for that same price from the Kirby Company. Then the Kirby sales reps jack up the price to $2935 to pay for the MSRP price and then to the boss, and for the commission to put in their pocket for their own personal use. Even when customers buy the Kirby from these sleazeballs and they call them to change their mind about the sale, most of the time the sleazeballs do not answer. I've seen them refuse to answer calls to customers. Because if they return the Kirby, these sleazeballs don't get paid. If you got thousands of dollars to spend, go fund your own trip instead of funding these Kirby people.

Kirby distributors, including JD & Associates and all the other ones across the United States, scam customers and their own employees. Take it from a former Kirby employee -- Don't pay extra for their commission, don't overpay for this product, and keep these scam artists away from your home! Screw you, **! And a BIG screw you, **! All of you are scam artists that should be ashamed of themselves.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2015

I had a young man knock at my door today. He does the same spiel as the other reviewers are saying and walks right in like he's known us for years! He's with his boss who leaves the young man to demonstrate for over 2 hours (way too long but we have nothing on so we let him entertain us) all the while telling him we don't want to buy because we are moving to another country. So I'm sitting there enjoying him cleaning everything. Meanwhile he is also trying to "befriend" my partner and "relate" to my 7-yr-old, smoking my partner's cigarettes between asking me to give the Kirby a go on my couch, also asking if we drink or do drugs? Really! (we don't to his shock). He then proceeds to tell us about using the Kirby hose as weapon, continues on about rolling blunts for his brother.

I'm in utter shock by now. All I'm thinking at this time is 'Please shampoo my carpets and go on your merry way'. Lol. Anyway he proceeds to try sell the vacuum multiple times to us lowering the price over the phone with his "boss". After he realises we aren't budging and will not buy the vacuum, he gets a little stroppy says it's okay if we can't afford it (little did he know we recently come into a lot of money lol). He then realises by now we don't really care about his attitude problem. He starts to tell us how all his fast talking usually gets people to fall in his trap and buy the Kirby and said he fooled someone into buying 2! At over $4000 (aus).

By then I couldn't wait for this kid to leave and when he did he didn't say goodbye or anything he just jumped into his white van with the rest of the Kirby cult members. Haha, I feel for elderly people. I can see how they get talked into buying the Kirbys. :/ I WILL TELL everyone I know how bad and rude these people are! DO NOT LET THEM INTO YOUR HOMES. LOCK YOUR DOORS. CALL THE POLICE IF YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE. DO NOT BE AFRAID OF HURTING THEIR FEELINGS.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2015

I'm going to start out this review by saying: yes, it was my fault I purchased the vacuum. And, yes, it was my fault I signed the contract. I know I don't have much basis to complain after all of that, but I still want everyone to be aware of how this company works. I have a fairly serious spinal cord injury from wrecking my car in 2010. I cannot use my left hand, left leg, and my balance is very affected from the accident. I do everything I can to remain independent. This means only buying products that I can easily use.

In October, a man came to my door stating that they were doing free carpet cleanings for military families (my husband is currently deployed). I agreed, knowing that they would, most likely, have something they were selling. But I figured I could get them to leave by just refusing and thanking them after my carpet was clean. I was wrong. I could not.

The salesman and his associate refused to leave my home until I signed a contract. After 2+ hours, I just wanted them to leave me alone. I figured it was just a lesson learned and that I would just use my new (ridiculously expensive) vacuum... and never let another salesperson into my home for any circumstance. I'd take my experience and learn from it. Well, because of my disability, I cannot use the vacuum. Because of its shape, size, and weight distribution, cleaning my house is so complicated and exhausting, I basically have to hire someone to come and do it for me.

Now, on their website, Kirby claims: "Any consumer who, at the time of purchasing a Kirby cleaning system, is at least sixty seven (67) years old or has a disability (regardless of age) which restricts or prevents the consumer’s use of the Kirby system, may cancel and rescind the purchase transaction up to nine (9) months after the date of purchase." I contacted customer service and spoke to Monica (who was very helpful). She said that since I do not have a disability number, I could send in a doctor's note stating why I could not use the Kirby. I collected doctor's notes from 2 different doctors who have treated me, both stating why I could not use the vacuum.

I sent them in, along with a copy of my contract, as Monica instructed. Nearly 2 months later, I was contacted by the distributor of my Kirby, who stated that "legally" he couldn't help me. Because he didn't want to open a "whole can of worms." I told him I didn't even care if I was reimbursed for the money I had already spent on the vacuum. I just didn't want to continue to pay for a vacuum I couldn't use. Still, nothing. He offered to bring me a refurbished vacuum but that I would still be accountable to paying off my contract. I declined.

Again, I know that signing the contract was my fault. And I know that I got myself into the situation by assuming I could work a product without first testing it. Be especially wary of these guys. The vacuum is nice, but not for the price you are going to pay. Also, they (except Monica, who was very helpful) are extremely hard to work with. If Kirby is not going to honor what they state on their website, they should take the information down. That or they should be very clear about what they will and won't do for their disabled customer.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2015

I've had Kirby in the past, as did my mom and her mom. I'm 50. So at least I was familiar with K and knew that it worked. I had a similar in-home demonstration with a "cleaning product" in 2002 and traded in my old Kirby Generation for a Tristar, which I was happy with. A few years ago, in addition to the Tristar, I bought a Miele, which I love 10x better than the Tristar. So when I was called a couple weeks ago about a new company thinking of setting up shop in my area, they wanted to come give me a free carpet shampoo demo, I said ok. The typical young guy and young girl show up and immediately I realize it's Kirby again.

Knowing I will NOT trade my Miele, nor buy a Kirby (even though I was mostly satisfied with it, tho heavy and cumbersome) I straight out tell them this. They start the demo with the meter and the white filter sheets, over areas that I had just vacuumed with my Miele. How do they get the machines to pick up so much stuff after you've just vacuumed? This is how I was sold on the Tristar back in 2002 so there's a way they do this and I would love to know how. Pisses me off. Anyhow, like you all have said, 45 mins to an hour turned into 4-5 hours and I dug in my heels and kept saying no.

But I was seriously going to have my carpets shampooed (and we have a no-shoe policy, so the carpets are cleaner than most but I'm OCD about floors) so I listened to the sales pitch first, from the guy, who was super nice by the way, while the young woman shampooed one of the bedrooms. She was sweet as well, and did a great job with the shampoo, of a room that I didn't even think needed it. We'll see how long it stays looking that way, stating that by reading other's remarks. Anyhow, I think I had a better experience than most, though there was definitely some pressure. I had already told them I was a former Kirby owner, as was my mom, but was, again happy with my Miele.

To make a longer story shorter, $3495 for one, became $3495 for two, then we settled on $1200 for one, with a check. I was told not to tell anyone what I paid for it. I think $1200 was less than what I paid for the Kirby Gen 3 or 6 or whatever it was. I will say I had to sit her down and demonstrate to me how to work the shampoo attachments again. I explained that with my first Kirby, I had only used the shampooer once but could never remember how it all worked. I think I've got it now, but if I don't use the shampooer soon, I'm likely to forget. Because I'm familiar with Kirby, I already know the attachments are somewhat of a pain in the **, but if it gets more junk out, I'm willing to sacrifice the space, the heaviness, and walking a bit more for the attachments.

As it is, my Miele canister has it all on-board and I love that. For those that are brand new to Kirby, it can be a little daunting, I'm sure. I didn't part with either of my two vacuum cleaners, by the way. So now at this point, I do wish all these individual Kirby companies would be more truthful. I'm pretty sure they have no intent on setting up an office in my town. No way. I pretty much knew that anyhow. I'm also pretty certain that when they made their first phone had they told me they were Kirby, I would have never scheduled a "carpet shampooing" so that kind of pisses me off.

I hate reading about their high pressure sales, and taking advantage of elderly folks. Argh. But, Consumer Reports gives them a good rating, a Recommend, but not a best buy because of the price. I'm holding out if I'll say I'd buy another Kirby till I see how the shampoo job looks in a couple weeks in a house with a no-shoe policy. CR gave MUCH cheaper vacuums, much higher ratings and they were a third the price. So who knows. I also know that if I need the Kirby serviced, the chances of me getting help from the sales guy and gal are slim to none, and I will end up taking it to my Miele place in the city where I work. I thought of all these things before I bought. I knew mostly what I was in store for. I hope I'm not sorry.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2015

Like most here this cute young guy and an even younger girl came to the door and offered me a bottle of Tide to let them clean the carpet in one room. They only needed one more to be finished for the day. I stood firm and sent them away but my granddaughters wanted to let them clean the carpet as it really needed it. So they ran out and called them to come back. This older man came back and dropped the young guy and girl off but came in long enough to say there would be no pressure they only wanted good word of mouth for the Kirby vacuum and that the young guy was trying to help support his Mom and Dad. Well about 2 hours later I knew there was going to be no carpet cleaning. This was a full blown demonstration. He kept vacuuming different surfaces using these white discs to capture the dirt and lay out so he could prove to his manager that he actually did something. He vacuumed small areas of the walls, the tops of shelfs, curtains, the kitchen floor and even went into one of the girls rooms to vacuum their mattress. I wanted to say, "When are you going to shampoo the carpet", but I was still too polite to do so.

I did decide that this was not worth it and I no longer wanted them to shampooed the carpet. I just wanted them to leave. I said that they needed to wrap this up as we had to go to the store. After the second time I said this he finally called his manager and that was when the manager came back and started the high pressure sales and the price of the vacuum went from $3495.00 down to 1300.00 and of course it would only cost me my Hoover and $50.00 per month. I asked what the interest rate was and he said it was 20 something but something like 90 days same as cash. I remained strong and kept saying that I could not take on any additional debt. They shamed me for having a Kohls payment so I could buy clothes for the girls instead of spending that money on this vacuum and I was shamed for not worrying about the dust mites and dead skin cells in the mattress and I was shamed for not helping the young guy win a trip, but I remained strong. Anyway after 3 1/2 hours they finally packed up and left. They never even vacuumed one whole room but less shampoo a carpet. Nor did I get the bottle of Tide. He did finally clean an little square about 2 x 3 and it did not do a very good job.

He said that after several shampoos it would look better. They would have gotten further with me if they had just cleaned the carpet as promised, did a good job, did a small demonstration and then started the sales pitch. I will never let another salesman into my house ever again unless it is someone I have called to come talk to me.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2015

I have an issue with my Kirby about 7 months ago and I tried to contact them 175 times. Every time I call they keep telling me that they'll contact me later and no one does. Kirby, you're the worst company ever.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2015

Bought this vacuum with my husband standing over me saying no, no, no. It is too heavy for me to use. It has been in the closet since I purchased it. Now my has one - she somehow convinced me to co-sign with the finance company. She has now refused to make the payments so I now have 2 useless Kirby vacuum cleaners. Do not fall for the sales pitch. Wish I had listened to my husband.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2015

I bought a kirby because my mom had one when I was growing up and it worked great. Guess they let the quality go down since got a good reputation. I think they sold me a refurbished vacuum and said it was new. The thing doesn't pick up. The zipper on the bag broke within two weeks. I had to change belts all the time. Gave up on kirby and went back to my old Eureka that works better and didn't cost $1,000.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2015

I bought my vacuum cleaner 3 years ago. I was promised they would be back to check on the product in a couple of weeks. I have not to this day saw anyone from Kirby. I had to do a search for days to get new bags. They have the sorriest customer service yet!! I really am looking forward to another Kirby salesman knocking on my door.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2015

I feel like you should know what you're buying from Kirby. They review the machine and show how easy or "difficult" in most people's eyes it is to use. When the (sometimes pushy I'll agree) salesman leaves you have up to 3 days to change your mind about the cleaner. But do not diminish Kirby's reputation for the sales pitch. Some are more professional than others. That being said, my whole family has used Kirbys. They clean well, they're versatile, and filter the air you breathe. I would recommend this vacuum. The Kirby Sentria 2 has been my 3rd purchase from the company which I've only replaced because I feel more satisfied with a newer machine. It is not hard at all to assemble though it takes more effort than your everyday Shark, Bissell, or Dyson; you have much more options and tools to clean with. I mean does your Dyson shampoo the floor or spray paint your shutters? This vacuum isn't for everyone. So if you're elder and can barely handle your groceries please do not purchase this cleaner then complain when you can't use it.

When it comes to using the machine, everyone will have different results (i.e. Shampooing accessory) but if you follow Kirby's instructions and maintain your machine I'm certain you'll have better results. The only thing that I don't agree with about the Kirby company is how everyone gets a different price. I feel they should have a standard price for all customers. Loyal customers should be given a discount if they're feeling generous. Fact: Kirbys have better airflow and filtration than any store-bought vacuum. Period. Fact: Even with heavy usage a Kirby will outlast your everyday plastic vacuum because it's predominately metal (explaining the weight). A little more effort and added weight. But it does the job right so I'm ok going the extra mile.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2015

A lady came from a van to my door and asked if she could demonstrate something. I did not know what she was wanting to demonstrate. She went to the van and brought back a large box and insisted she come inside my home to assemble it. She went back and got a guy from the van. He came in and kept trying to sell me the product. I told him several times that I was not buying it because I had just bought a new vacuum. He would not leave my home after being told to several times. My husband came home and told him to get out now. He slowly packed the product up and went and stood in my drive way for a while. Do not talk to them and do not let them in your home. They will not leave until you get hateful with them. They are very pushy.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2015

After a 2-hour sales pitch and my husband liking what he saw, we unfortunately bought this very large heavy pain of a vacuum! Nothing about this vacuum is simple or easy. Everything the sales ladies told us was a LIE!! I had a shark vacuum that was light and very easy-to-use. I really liked it. But being that I had just vacuumed before they came and did their demo, they made it look like it wasn't doing a good enough job and look how much their Kirby picked up. Was told the bag should last at least 6 months to a year. It didn't last a month. I hate having to take it apart just to use the attachments. It takes me forever to clean up now. A job that took an hour tops now takes 3 to 4 hrs! The carpet cleaning attachment is a joke.

My carpets looked good right after but within a couple of days it looked worse than it did before. It got none of the stains out and it took overnight to dry NOT 45 minutes to an hour like in their sales pitch. This was a scam. This vacuum cleaner is DEFINITELY NOT WORTH $100 LET ALONE $1500. Did their financing and am stuck making payments for the next 3 years. I am kicking myself for giving my vacuum cleaner and carpet cleaner to them for a discount on this pile of garbage. DO NOT BUY!!! Slam the door as soon as they say they're selling a Kirby!!! Wishing I had.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2015

I purchased a kirby vacuum about 1 year ago. I paid $1,600 for it and to this day I am just sick over paying for something I hate. It is extremely heavy and noisy. Everything about it is complicated. I had a quality vacuum before this and traded it toward the Kirby and still paid $1,600. The sales people obviously have tricks to make it look so easy and cleaner. That is absolutely not true! Please, anyone reading this do NOT buy this product.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2015

I love my Kirby. Had it so long, it outlasted my marriage...lol. Purchased it new in 1988. Somewhat pricey at the time but to this day it's very reliable. Catches all the dust too. The house don't feel clean without the Kirby. Top of the line power. Yes, I recommend Kirby.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2015

I don't know how these salespersonsites can manipulate the cleaner, but I've never got the same results and still pay. It is the hardest money I must pay. I won't try to give it away; but I will definitely throw it out.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2014

A man and woman came 2 the door. Bringing in a vacuum. They did all kind of stuff with cleaning etc.. I have never been able to use it. Your sales was fast talking and happy. He knew he had me. My husband had just passed away. The account should not be in his name. Anyway the salesman kept jumping up and kissing me on the jaw when he was happy. He made a sale from a widow.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2014

The Kirby vacuum? What would I say about it? They are for sure only a little bit better than the average or worse vacuums out there on the market. For sure, they could not compete with the newer models of the reputed companies, such as Dyson, Hoover, etc, that you can grab them easily at Walmart, Costco, and Amazon for the better deals and return policies. However, if you are a big fan of the Kirby. Do the world a favor and do not buy them from a company or distributor called EGA Marketing. The company's owner Adrian Medina and his associates will fondle with your private times while employing harassing tactics to force you into purchase with no return nor guarantees. The machine is about $150-$200 in cost and they are about to sell you for the high 3 digits. Do yourself and your family a favor, ask the salesmen who sent them here and avoid the E - G - A at all costs. Sincerely, Previous employee.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2014

A Kirby salesman from New Jersey Easy Vac, 1416 Stuyvesant Ave. Union, NJ 07083 908-686-0087 and 201-892-2067 came to my front door to sell me at the time what I thought was a brand new Kirby Sentria. I was sold before he came to my front door because I grew up using Kirby vacs and they work fabulous for me. I happily upgraded my old Kirby G-6 for the new Kirby Sentria. The salesman took my old Kirby G-6, wrote into the bill of sales that I have a lifetime maintenance agreement on all parts of my new Kirby Sentria. I paid him $1999.00 after what he told me a discount of $701.00 savings for trading in my old Kirby G-6. I was assured by the salesman that a "lifetime maintenance" on the new Kirby Sentria is something new that Kirby does for lifetime customers like myself.

Six months into using my new Kirby Sentria, it broke. It would not move automatically and I could not push it. I took it to the N.J. Easy Vac Kirby Shop. He fixed it and three months later, my new Kirby Sentria broke again. It would not start. I took it back and he fixed it. After a year of having my new Kirby Sentria, it broke for the third time. The handle came out and it would not automatically move so I went back to the shop. It was closed and out of business with no notice left where to find the shop owner. Even the telephone numbers I was given was disconnected. I call my town hall and to learn that this guy was a SCAM.

I took my Kirby Sentria to another shop that fix Kirbys and after telling the new Kirby shop owner my story, I was told that the salesman sold me a refurbish Kirby Sentria vacuum for the price of a brand new Kirby Sentria vacuum. This machine can't be fixed. I am so dissatisfied with Kirby. I refuse to buy another Kirby from any door to door salesperson. I called Kirby and their customer service will not deal with customers like myself because they only sell to distributors. Well, I am through buying Kirby Vacuum Cleaners!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2014

I had a Dyson, with all the attachments, which I loved!! I had a Bissell shampooer, which was wonderful!! And I had another vacuum. I live in a mobile home with very little carpet area. This friggin salesman talked me into buying a new very expensive vacuum and giving him all my other items to boot! By the weekend, I had realized what I had done and I called to cancel the order. Well, they refused to cancel it cause it had been like 4 days.

I absolutely hate this vacuum. It's a Sentria with the shampoo attachment, among others that I have never used. The vacuum is so heavy, I can barely lug it up the 2 steps in my living room, and to attach the hose attachment, which I tend to use more than the main one, it is a pain in the butt!!! I can't tell you how upset I am, and want to warn everyone, if a Kirby salesman comes to your door, slam it closed!!!! They should be sued for scamming the public.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2014

Bought another Stupid Kirby Nov 2014. Sucked dirt real good! But the IDIOTS forgot to put in a BAG and I was running the DAMN thing without a bag! How Stupid can they get?! My brother is the one who discovered there was no bag! I was PISSED!! They know better and you can bet I will be calling and complain! But I'm sure they don't give a Rats **! They got their money and their precious trip to FL! Beware you stupid Kirby Dealers of the NO SOLICITING sign in my door if you ever come back! I will call the law!!!! Don't buy from these Idiots! High pressure salesman and I was exhausted when they left! I had my 2 year old grandson with me and it was way past his bedtime! They just wouldn't leave!

Kirby Vacuum Cleaners Company Information