Warmington Home Builders

Compare Home Builders & Developers

Research top Home Builders & Developers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I'll be accurate and fair. As fair as anyone deserves when they leave you stuck with years of frustration during your life. You only have so many years to enjoy being on the earth, and it can be confusing plus taxing trying to navigate the necessities and improvements of such that you need to live. Having shelter of some sort, as in a home, should be the last thing you need to worry about being adequate, since that's where you don't have to answer to anyone, need to feel secure, and need to protect your family if not just yourself. Having a home that frustrates and makes you miserable to return every day can make you feel like giving up and age you prematurely. Warmington has done just that to me.

They built a condominium that has virtually no sound insulation. I can hear a conversation next door, coins dropped upstairs, and if someone closes a door with authority.. not slamming, just solidly... it shakes my house and sounds like something hit my wall, and makes my heart jump. Car doors closing, a person simply jogging on the sidewalk outside... all transfers subwoofer like vibrations right to my body. All the doors slant so the gaps widen one way or another. Damage from water out of broken pipes is not covered, from the written policy by Warmington, after the insulation, which is dismal anyway, which means the H.O.A. doesn't cover much. Pipes have broken in the walls of three neighboring units and mine have leaked, in less than 20 years, and my fixtures such as sinks, have rusted and needed to be replaced in less than 10.

My parents 60 year old house back east (unknown builder) has never needed new pipes, doesn't shake from doors slammed, etc... Why can't Warmington simply give what people expect? Is a huge profit that important when you know countless people are suffering? Warmington may be able to blame the contractors they hired to build... but they should have been watching closely, and not sold such feeble attempts at house-building. It seems like they built a good-looking shell or a model, and the previous owners were lying just to get me to buy it and they could run. I am very... VERY disappointed with my home. If someone doesn't like what I wrote, then stay a couple weeks with me at my place, then remember I'm stuck there (now that the economy left me stranded) EVERY DAY. I wake up to noise, worry about what's going to break next.. EVERY DAY. Got a problem with that? Come on over and let me show you.

In areas of California, Warmington lied to new buyers about a bond known as Mello-Roos. They told us that the bond on our house would be paid off or that we could add $10,000 to the house and they'd pay it off. Well, neither happened and the tax bill for that bond rises every year and not just a little bit. When we gathered to file a suit, we learned that Warmington had filed bankruptcy in California. Look out for this company in other states. They are crooks.

We went under contract with Warmington Home Builders to purchase a home in the Providence community in Las Vegas. On our first visit to the design center, we asked can we have the option to raise the vanities. We were told they were raised by the design consultant. In December we got the opportunity to go in the house, At that time we were shocked by the lower vanities and were told they don't raise them in the tract we bought into but they do in their other 2 tracts (same subdivision). We were told a closing of 12/23 but in the walk-through on 12/20, the builder had not installed the garage door opener and the garage fire door did not close properly. We were told the appraiser was there prior to that date and his report was incomplete.

On the 23rd, the builder had the items completed but did not have the appraiser return until 12/27... nor was any of the loan paperwork started with only the one item to correct. Basically this builder and the lender sat on everything. This builder did not honor his commitment to us and "lied" to us... Our lease is up on Dec 31st (Warmington knew of this months in advance) and no extra effort has been made to complete this closing. We are basically out of place to live in the next few days and have no closing date confirmed at this time and a lender who will be closed Tues & Wed. Any help would be appreciated.

many repairs need to be done some were made, but on the major repairs they will not compensate me for, not even offering to clean the carpets and dust residue from having to refinsh defective wall joints. Slab is more then an inch unlevel slanting, picthed towards the inside and not pitched for water to go out if flooded. cracks gettin worse on the outside of the house. and more

Economics-- Point towards loosing some value of the home our total loss of the value. Purchase price.

My husband and I purchased a newly constructed home in Alameda, California. Upon moving in, the entryway tile is misalligned, the expensive airconditioning unit has multiple dents, and the garage wall is not straight. The builder has refused to make corrections.

After putting our all and all into purchasing this new home, we are very disappointed with the poor workmanship and their negative response.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Warmington Home Builders?

Warmington Home Builders Company Profile