Reply Real Estate

Compare Real Estate Websites

Research top Real Estate Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was contacted by this company and they hung up on me after asking them several questions about their referral service. I actually had a bad echoing phone connection with her and asked her to call me back and this lady Brenda that I spoke with became really, really rude, nasty and unprofessional! Then she said, "I don't have time for this" and hung up on me. Agents, please do your research on this company and any other company that calls you asking you for your hard earned money. Their reviews are not good at all.

I signed up for this lead generation system with Reply Real Estate and received 4 buyers and 4 seller leads per month at over $150 per month. In the 3 months I was with the system, only ONE LEAD responded to my emails and phone calls. I still have not sold their home, but they did respond to my contact. This company is just horrible. They say they will credit you monthly for any "dead" leads, but they just give you another dead lead. So they never really credit you. It cost me almost $900 until they would let me cancel. You have to give them 2 months, and then 30 days' notice to get out of this program. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They don't lie, they just have dead leads.

Reply Real Estate is horrific! They supplied bad leads! Stephanie ** with Reply sold me on the services on July 15, 2012. I was "guaranteed" good leads that has been verified to be viable, and that I had 30 days to work these leads, so my risk was nothing! What a crock! I immediately started calling on the leads and all had disconnected phone numbers and/or fake names. I reached out to Stephanie within minutes of trying to contact these leads letting her know these leads were bad so they could be replaced per their "policy". I was supplied another bad lead.

Within three days of joining, I cancelled my account and asked for a refund. When I was lured into the trap, they promised only valid leads are charged and I can always reject the leads and have them replaced over until I have 3 valid leads. Also at any time during 30 days, I can cancel the agreement. Right after I signed up, the manager Nyeisha **, Assistant Manager, Client Services called and guided me thru the online account which they just created. And again she guaranteed that this is a sweet deal and I had nothing to lose.

About 1 hour later, I received 2 leads from the area that I signed up for. I immediately called and email them. No reply from email, except one with auto-reply that she is out of the country. I followed up with telephone calls. One answered and said he only wants to know how much his property worth and he does not plan to sell or buy properties. I got disappointed and start to review the detailed of their policy posted on their website. It is an unfair policy and basically they just send me any contact info that they collected from internet, probably thru some free deal advertisement ("Want to know how much your home worth" to lure consumer into disclosing their identity: name, phone, address...).

I called my client service right away and she said I have to register the bad leads and provide reasons for their internal review. I went ahead and did that thru my online account with them. An hour later I received another 2 leads, not the replacement as result of my complaints. I contacted them by phone right away. One said she already work with her own agent and not ready to sell her home yet.

Other lead: he was mad and hung up phone right after I introduced myself, and how I have his contact info. Worse, I found out that they charged me $175 from my credit card right after they sent additional 2 leads. So upset and disappointed, I call my bank and cancel the credit card immediately to prevent further damage. I called my service agent and she does not pick up the phone. I went online and posted my request to cancel the account. I am very disturbed by the way this company conducting this scam business. I just wonder if all agents who got cheated by this company can somehow get together to file a big lawsuit against this monster. I hate to see other agents got hurt like myself.

This company advertises "Quality Leads" with a 30 day time for a replacement if it, the lead, is not a quality lead. I received a replacement lead, only to be replaced by the same person requested to be replaced because of not being quality lead. People looking on the net for home value because they ARE wanting to refi, to Reply Real Estate is a Quality Lead. Mothers wanting to look homes for children are Quality Leads, folks on HUD Assistance program are Quality Leads. This is a Big SCAM.

The charges are high; the leads are not valid. Most are people just clicking because they wonder what their home value is, or their mother's house, or the HUD home they want to make an offer on, or the home they just purchased 3 months ago. And you are tied in for 3 months...yuck. ReplyRealEstate says that well, you need to work them, and stick with them, many people are not really ready, just thinking about it (if you work anyone long enough, 9/10 will move within the next 7 years). Well, you'd be better off picking a farm and mailing $118 worth of postcards every month. There are more affordable and reliable ways to get leads. I was very unsatisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Reply Real Estate?

Reply is scam!!! Do not use them!!!

As everyone else has said, leads are invalid. After the first day, I received 3 "billable" leads. None were valid names/numbers/email addresses. I immediately reported to my cc company. The reply was, allow to continue after cancellation to provide "leads" and bill your credit card. I have bought leads from Realtor.com, Zillow and Homes.com and never had invalid leads!

I have been hounded by their salespeople and have requested at least 3 times with management to be removed from their solicitation list. Each time I am assured that I am "off the list". I got the usual call yesterday and went to their National Sales Manager, Tom **. He has assured me that it is done. FTC next?

I canceled my account with Reply! After the first month. Leads were false, absolute garbage. Since closing my account, Reply has falsely billed my credit card over 10 times in the last 6 months. My credit card company has agreed with me and gave me credit for the charges and every month, the charges appear again on my card from Reply putting through the false charges again. This company should be sued. Do not give them your credit card number! You will regret it! Scam, fraud, crooks!

Same awful experience as everyone else. Bad leads and they are draining my bank account. Thirty days to cancel and Reply is taking all they can. I will never do anything like this again.

I was contacted by Reply Real Estate on 8/9/12. They told me it would only cost a $1.00 to sign up and I would be charge $55 for each valid lead and my debit card would be charged after 3 valid leads were provided. This has not happened. To date (9/2/12), I have been charged $329.90 with $54.95 pending. No leads I have been given have been valid. Some examples… The first lead I received had an invalid phone number and email address. I was told the lead's contact info would be verified before the lead was passed on to me to ensure validity. The second lead I received, the "buyer" checked they had poor credit. I requested a replacement. Ten minutes later, I received a replacement lead for the lead with poor credit. This lead had a different name but the same info as the lead with poor credit. I was charged for all of these leads.

I also was given a lead for a "seller" where the address given was invalid and does not exist. Again, I was told these things would be checked before it was passed on to me for validity. Just a couple days ago, I received another seller lead for a property that is listed with an agent in my office and has been listed with him since the end of June. To seal the deal of what a scam this company is, the name of the "seller" for this property is not the name on title for this property or the clients for the agent in my office who has the listing of this address. I would like to be refunded the entire amount I have been charged by this company since I was sold false claims.

I have emailed my contact ** with Reply about my dissatisfaction with this company. Instead, she emails me back with how I need to give her a call and she can go over how I can get the most out of using Reply! I have not bothered to contact her since I don't know how I can get the most out of invalid phone numbers, addresses, poor credit (really in this economy and with the housing market the way it is), and phony people wanting to sell houses they have no legal ability to do so.

Reply (has several names) is pretty good at what they do. They are smooth talkers and tough negotiators. They quickly send 5 unqualified leads and if you reject any of them - they quickly send you 5 more unqualified leads. Before you know it, you've got a bill from them for the leads and no way out for 30 days! Look out, the next 5 unqualified leads are on their way and so is their invoice. Be very careful of this company.

Scam – I can only echo the sentiment above. I still have 20 more days on my contract. They have overbilled me; sent me crappy leads with absolutely no scrubbing process. Stay away from these jerks.

I've never been a client and would never be a client of Reply Real Estate, but I can't get the harassment to stop - they just called my cell phone 7 times in 3 minutes. I've asked too many times to be taken off their list.

Reply is just as everyone has said. They have several programs, two of which I've tried. (I am a Broker in SoCal.) Of the leads they sent me, I was only able to make contact with two people who had no idea why I was calling. Whatever other “leads” they sent were all sent with false information - email addresses that went nowhere and bad numbers. Whatever you do... do not give these people your credit card info.

I was contacted by Reply Real Estate regarding internet real estate leads. They indicated it was only $1 to sign up, and I gave them my debit card number. It is a bait and switch. They indicate it is only $55 a lead that you pay at closing. However, it is actually $55 a lead and once they send you 3 leads, they debit your account. All the leads were bogus. I have complained to their accounting, which said they would work with me; but they never did. I have complained to my original contact. This is a dishonest company, and they should be shut down. The only thing I was able to do was cancel my debit card and get a new one, so that they could not continue to debit my account. I know that it would have continued.

I am on a do not call list. Somehow this company got my phone and kept insisting that I try their lead system. It would be at no risk to me. I would get leads of people who are looking to buy homes. I agreed to try the lead program. I received 7 leads and called the people. None of them were interested in buying a house and in fact, they weren't even aware their calls were being sent as leads. Some of the people were hostile and yelled at me. To contact these people and then to notify Reply that these people were not interested took time which I do not have. So on day 3, I called and requested cancellation and was told I could not cancel, I had to remain for 30 days. I told them I did not want any more referrals. I was told I had to take them and I would be charged for the referrals.

Originally I was told I would only be charged if they worked out. I was charged $678 for the leads even though they were bogus. I contacted my credit card company and they are looking into the matter. I contacted the California Attorney General who sent out a letter. Reply responded stating that "she requested to receive internet leads for consumers looking to purchase homes in her target market area." None of the leads sent to me included consumers looking to buy homes period. The person from Reply who responded didn't even sign or print their name. No idea who wrote it. I want my money back. I do not have time to contact bogus leads and I believe Reply is having me call people who are on a do not call list.

Reply Real Estate is horrific! They supplied bad leads! Stephanie ** with Reply sold me on the services on July 15, 2012. I was "guaranteed" good leads that has been verified to be viable, and that I had 30 days to work these leads so my risk was nothing! What a crock! I immediately started calling on the leads and all had disconnected phone numbers and/or fake names. I reached out to Stephanie within minutes of trying to contact these leads letting her know these leads were bad so they could be replaced per there "policy". I was supplied another bad lead.

Within three days of joining, I cancelled my account and asked for a refund. The manager Colleen ** reached out to me and said they had to verify that the leads were "bad". I was also told they were not going to close my account for 30 days after I advised I wanted to cancel so they could still send me leads. I have been in an email and phone war trying to get the leads and charges to stop to no avail. My next call and emails are to my attorney, the BBB and Attorney General’s Office. I cannot stress to you how frustrating and criminal this firm is! Steer clear!

Reply Real Estate Lead Company - awful company! This company called me 3 times where I told them I was not interested (I had read the bad reviews). Then they called again and I was told that they were under new management and that all of the problems they had in the past were no longer an issue. The rep went on to tell me how awesome the company was now, and that there was no worry for me because it was a free 30-day trial and could be cancelled at any time. She said I would only be billed if I had reliable leads and so what did I have to lose. It sounded great, so I signed up.

What a scam! None of the leads were reliable. They wanted a CMA for tax purposes only, had fake numbers, didn't return my calls or answer their phone at all, and were just not interested in selling or buying. Reply gets to decide if they are reliable, not you. And if they are not reliable, they will just send you another unreliable lead. They bill you regardless of them being reliable or not. I got a bill for $300 for leads that never amounted to anything! When I tried to call and cancel after I realized I didn't want a part of this, they said that there was a 30-day cancellation policy and that there was nothing they could do about it in the meantime. I just had to take the leads and pay for them whether I wanted to or not.

I got my credit card company to put a hold on this charge, and the reply is that I sent them papers saying that I signed a contract and was aware of how the leads were billed and got the charges to stick. First, I never signed anything. She just walked me through the computer sign-up process and of course rushed through the important parts. Second, I was under the impression that I only paid for reliable leads and could cancel anytime. Run away and don't believe a word they tell you! What a bunch of scam artists. Three hundred dollars I could have spent on advertising down the toilet!

Do not, I repeat, do not buy leads from this company. Forget when they say free leads for 6 months - nope, that is their script. You will pay for bad leads and if someone never answers the phone, you will pay for that also. Say goodbye to credit if you sign up. Use a prepaid card and get 3 leads and watch - all will be bad and maybe get one replaced. I am here to tell you, agents: don’t do it or you will be sorry.

Reply contacted me this month! I almost signed up because a rep named Michael ** was pushy and persuasive! Thank God I was able to get the truth from the rep who verified my setup. He explained everything in detail without screaming at me! I then read the reviews about this company and let me tell you. Run, run, run, and run! They will steal all your money!

I worked for Reply for 6 months. When I first started there, they told me I would be helping out people who were struggling by providing them with qualified leads that were ready to do business. At first, I was very good at it and talked a lot of people into buying these leads. I didn't think about my job much, I was just trying to make some money. Then I started to hear back from the people I had sold on this service. Over and over again I heard the same complaints. The "leads" had no idea someone was going to call, they weren't looking to buy or sell, a vast majority of them had just entered their name and phone number into an online form so they could access foreclosure information (or some other type of information) but which had no indication that they would be contacted by anyone.

After speaking to customer after customer and hearing the same thing over and over, I began to question the manager, who told me not to worry about it, that it was just that some people knew how to work leads and some didn't. The problem was that every single person I had signed up evidently didn't know how to work a lead. To all those people that I sold a bag of crap to, I am really sorry. If you ever get a phone call from Reply Inc or Reply Real Estate, just hang up the phone. Don't even waste your time talking to them.

I asked them to please stop sending me this **, fake numbers, bad emails, all are **. I actually spoke to a guy whom they say is a "qualified lead" That went to Zillow, clicked on foreclosed homes, filled in an info sheet, and then got 6 agents calling him to list his home! **? I have blocked their company from charging my Amex card, as they are a fraudulent company, and I will make it my life's work to tell everyone I can, that they are fraudulent! Their company is nothing more than someone who buys fake leads from any sob, who will sell them to you, then they sell them for $55 each, to more than 4 agents at a time! They are thieves and liars. They already charged me $165, and are trying to charge my card for more of these bad leads. I have blocked the vendor through Amex.

I was not given true time frame information and none of the leads were real but they still debited my account almost $400 and refused to cancel the account. I have cancelled my cards and send many e-mails and phone calls with not a single bit of cooperation from them

Customer Complaints Summary
Delivery Issues 0
Total Closed Complaints 239

Complaint Details | Definitions | BBB Complaint Process | File a Complaint

Government Actions

On January 21, 2011, the Contra Costa District Attorney's Office entered into a Final Judgment and Permanent Injunction with Reply! Inc., Case no. : C11-00208. This injunction applied to the company's Real Estate Program, and does not apply to the other programs they currently have available.

Without any admission of wrong doing the injunction applies to Reply! Inc., its agents, employees, officers, managers, representatives, successors, and assigns when acting on behalf of defendant.

Reply! Inc. is hereby permanently enjoined and restrained from directly or indirectly doing the following during telephone solicitations of real estate agents for the sale of real estate leads (Leads).

a. Representing that use of Leads may result in an average or anticipated close rate, unless Defendant is able to produce data based on the experience of customers who have purchased Leads from Defendant supporting any such representation.

b. Representing that Defendant's lead service can be cancelled at any time unless defendant also discloses: that written notice of cancellation is required; the period of time that will elapse before the cancellation is effective; and that, until the effective date of the cancellation, the real estate agent will continue to receive leads and be billed for such leads.

c. Representing that real estate agent will not be charged for invalid Leads or will receive a credit for invalid leads, unless Defendant also discloses the time limit within the request for credit must be received;

d. Representing that credit will be given for invalid Leads, unless Defendant also discloses that no credit will be given as long as the name and telephone number provided with the Lead are valid, even if the Lead does not respond to the real estate agent or does not want to be contact.

e. Representing that Leads are "valid", "validated", "good", "screened", "qualified", "verified", or words to that effect, unless Defendant discloses: (1) the validation, screening, qualification, verification or other such process is automated and as a result some Leads will have invalid names or telephone numbers, (2) even for such invalid Leads, the real estate agent must make a request for credit within the time limit for such request and in accordance with company policy, (3) Leads are not screened for credit worthiness; and (4) some Leads may not respond to the real estate agent or want to buy or sell real estate.

f. Representing that any Lead will actually be interested in buying or selling real estate, unless defendant also discloses that Leads are generated through Defendant's websites and affiliated websites, and consist of people who are looking online for real estate information.

g. Representing that any leads consist of people who are seeking a realtor or expect to or who expect to be contacted by a realtor, unless Defendant also discloses that: a Lead is created when a consumer completes and submits a form on the Internet requesting real estate information; including home valuations, and provides a phone number at which they can be reached; and (2) Defendant does not guarantee that the consumer will actually be interested in buying or selling real estate or that the agent will make contact with the Lead.

h. Representing that the real estate agent may accept or reject Leads.

Reply! Inc. shall pay civil penalties in the amount of $40,000.00 and investigative cost related to this matter in the amount of $30,000.

Save your marketing money! It's a total rip off, you won't close anything. They are all worthless leads over the Internet, sold by a company without any moral sense. A friend of mine actually worked there too. It's a total chop shop. The leads don't work, all the agent who are stupid enough to believe the sales pitch charge them back after they get burned.

The service doesn't work; it's a scam. My friend just got fired for working there. He had been there 3 months. Its a total chop shop and scam. The leads are bogus. There, you basically have someone clicking on the internet and have a coached inside sales rep call and promise you the world. My friend told me their reps lie to sell. If you're an agent, save your money unless you are desperate as you won't get a listing or a sale. You're just throwing money at a greedy and incompetent management that is working with a sinking ship. The Company is losing money and opening up an office in ultra cheap areas like Modesto to stay afloat.

I was contacted by phone by Reply! Real Estate (aka Reply! Inc.) about signing up for their 'lead generation serivce' for real estate leads. I had told Kyle **, who called me, that I been signed up several years ago with them and that none of the leads were good.

He insisted that he was aware of complaints in the past, but that now, all the leads were verified. Sure enough, it was the same old thing. None of the leads were real and I sent them emails and made several phone calls telling them that. They kept trying to send 'replacement leads', which were also unverified and bad leads and I told them to cancel my account and refund my monies that they had already taken out of my bank account due to fraudulent representation of their service.

Not only have they not refunded the money, but they continue to take money out! I have called my bank and had to pay $30 for a stop payment.

I had signed up on their service last year and all the leads were dead ends. I returned them and told them that I wanted to cancel. Right after that, I had some tragic events happened in my life. I was attacked and beaten and I almost did not get away from my attacker then my husband passed away a couple of days after that. Because of all the stress I was under, I was not even monitoring my charge card for several months.

I began putting together my tax information for my business and came across approximately $800 in charges from Reply Real Estate. I called them and tried to get them to remove it but they would not, stating they needed proof that I cancelled and I took too long to notify them of the charges.

I had to rate them but they do not deserve any stars at all!

The company promised solid leads and replacement for leads that were invalid (wrong number, realtor, etc). I received three leads that were invalid and NEVER received replacement leads yet was still charged. When I wanted to cancel, they kept trying to get me to commit to other programs. When they finally took no for an answer, they wanted to charge me for another month.

Per their contract, you have to give them 30-day notice. But since I signed up on the 26th of the month, they considered the 26th-31st one month. Therefore, my 30-day notice would take me into another month and more charges.

I was furious with this company. They omitted details that cost me a lot of money plus the leads were BOGUS! When I complained, they acted innocent and just tried to get me to buy more leads! When I filed a complaint against them with my bank, they told the bank they had tried to get a hold of me numerous times to settle the matter, which was a lie.

Reply Real Estate Company Profile