2. Moving
  3. Real Estate Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.81/5

Redfin Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Redfin?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Redfin?

Original review: March 5, 2021

I feel I am getting listings I want and the information is accurate as sometimes I go to other sites to verify information. It is easy to use, intuitive and flexible. I have tried most of the other sites and find that Redfin has everything I need.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

I like the ability to select how I get the listings and specifics of each home. I normally spend 30 minutes a day looking at the various properties that are listed including the ones that have sold or that are pending, it gives an idea of the market and what is selling.

Get buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

This is a comparison to arguably their biggest competitor, Zillow. Redfin lists home earlier than Zillow which is a huge plus, and Redfin also has photos for older listings which gives great consumer insight into the market (this might be due to lack of user activity to remove photos). However, a MAJOR weakness for Redfin is within their mobile app, where Google Maps is not integrated well. Clicking on the map takes you out of the Redfin app which is not the case for Zillow. Due to this, I will always start with Zillow for a better user experience and then trickle to Redfin if Zillow's info seem insufficient.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

This website/mobile app is pretty easy to use, it does not need a lot of information about users, it does not need to access to your data on your phone. Pretty fast and accurate. Ability to save your search options for later and have ability to enable/disable alerts so you won't get a lot of spam from this app.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I had great experience with Redfin, Get access to deep liquidity in hundreds of currency pairs, efficient and effective execution, and full insight into your trade decisions with FX Trading. You’ll trade smarter, faster, and safer via aggregated trading venues and an end-to-end electronic workflow. **

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Redfin is my real estate website of choice. It's very informative and complete. Has reliable information also. Allows me to see details of the property by using their satellite feature. Sale history is also great. Property details also.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Generally speaking, I would not recommend Redfin (and specifically in my setting of searching for a home). Background, I started my home search in the greater Seattle/Puget Sound area with a pre-approval in hand from a reputable local lender. The app will "assign" you to an agent as soon as you create an account, this is fine, but does not allow for a real business relationship - specifically because the initial agent never reached out to me learn more about what I was looking for in a property, etc.

The first agent that was assigned to me was nice enough, but had <5 years in the local market - the last ~5-10 years in the Seattle/Puget Sound market have been intense, but there are pockets of the market (i.e. condos) that still behave in a somewhat more rational way - and long-time residents of the region (such as myself) have some intuitive understanding of reasonable property values (not just what the seller would HOPE to get from the property...). Long story short, I asked my Redfin agent what his advice for an offer would be that I thought was priced too high - his recommendation was to come in ~$3k under asking, I disagreed and wanted to think it over a bit longer. Within the week, the list price dropped ~$25K.

The advice of my agent potentially could have cost me >$20K - therefore, I could no longer trust this particular agent to have his "finger on the pulse" of the market. Additionally, he frequently had the automatic response of "I think the list price is fair" to every request for professional advice/input - without him doing any actual review or critical thinking about the property in question. I requested to switch agents with the Seattle Redfin Office/Lead Broker and was assigned to a new agent with ~20 years experience in the local market.

During our very first call, the very first thing she wants to talk about is that she thinks my lender (who already pre-approved my loan request) may "take too long to close" and put any offers in jeopardy - BUT most strikingly she "kindly" offered to provide her own recommendations of lenders... Although I cannot be sure, the whole conversation struck me as very suspicious - eroding my trust in her as well (from the very first conversation she had with me) - and leading me to believe she was acting in her own best interests, likely had some sort of referral bonus situation, and was neglecting her fiduciary duty to act in the buyer's best interest. To be quite honest, I have gotten more market information and helpful guidance from my loan officer than from ANY of the Redfin representatives.

Again, generally speaking, I am not able to recommend Redfin as a real estate brokerage. They have great, slick marketing that reels you in, and the iPhone app is genuinely easy to use... but once you get SERIOUS about purchasing homes - the real estate agent experience/helpfulness/kindness drops significantly and the brokerage DOES NOT live up to their fancy advertising/marketing schemes. Once you are working with them, it feels like you are working with bad car salesperson...

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Timely listings and easy to read/follow website. Listing are targeted to my local area, which makes it easy to find and compare multiple listings. It is very helpful to have location -- map of the home for sale and surrounding area.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Easy website, usually have great homes and latest updates, thorough information of location, description, aerial maps, distances to your job, property details, public facts, schools, estimate, flood risk, sale & tax history.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

Extremely rude and unprofessional ... I tried to set up an appointment and Stephany **/Redfin License Colorado, was pushy, rude and unprofessional. She refused to talk to me over the phone and tried to force me to use Zoom so she can do a presentation of some sort. When I asked to use email or phone she became rude and unprofessional.

Redfin author review by ConsumerAffairs

Redfin was established in 2006 in the Pacific Northwest with the goal of making the real estate industry more consumer-friendly. It is a real estate brokerage website whose agents do not work on commission, and its real estate website lets consumers search MLS listings. The company now operates in most U.S. states and advertises that it has helped consumers save $300 million.

• Map search: Redfin’s map search distinguishes itself by providing users with market prices for neighborhoods within their search area. When a user searches for listing in any given city, they can hover over different areas to see the range of listing prices and the median price. This feature makes it easy for homebuyers to locate a neighborhood in their price range.

• Transportation scores: Under the neighborhood information section on every listing, Redfin includes transportation scores for walking and biking as well as access to public transportation. Buyers who do not want to own a car will find this information helpful.

• Account features: Once website visitors create a Redfin account, they can mark properties to checkout, favorite them or both.

• App: Redfin’s mobile app can send users instant updates when a new property matching their criteria is listed, meaning they see properties before potential buyers who only use an agent or browse online.

• Commission refund: Redfin agents are salaried employees who do not work on commission. They can earn bonuses based on customer satisfaction. Because agents do not work on commission, they don’t accept the commission paid by non-Redfin realtors. Instead, the commission goes to the homebuyer in the form of a refund after the buyer closes on the property.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team