Prestige Homes

Out of Business

Compare Home Builders & Developers

Research top Home Builders & Developers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I think they are the worst people I ever dealt with. We have doors that don't close. We have a ceiling that has a crack in it. We have a faucet outside we can't turn the water on. When they took our old mobile home out they completely ripped our old deck apart. They wanted no part of paying for it or helping us get it put back together. When the house came here from the warehouse, it looked like some drunk put it together. I would never recommend them to anyone. We had a leak over our toilet too. We called ** several times. They are suppose to fix things for 7 yrs. That is a joke, they can't even put an electrical fixture on straight and almost all of them have one screw. One of the bedrooms has a bump on the wall. I could go on and on. But the plain truth is don't buy from them.

I'm a first time home buyer and they took advantage of it. James didn't sit down with me and my wife tell us the options we had. He took it upon himself to do stuff which cost me a lot more money. We hired him as our land agent and there were all kinds of problems because our home was too big. We already paid for the land and the home. Trying to get them to fix the problems is a very hard task as they just give me the runaround. I just don't know what I can do. They got a lot of money that James shouldn't have gotten. They should have to tell people that we have the choice to get our own contractors instead of theirs, which cost more. I just found out today that James gets 15% when he uses his contractors and they aren't going to say anything because they will lose money. I think that's taking advantage of first-time buyers.

we moved in 2007 and have had noting but water leaks inside. the company has been out over and over again but the problems have not been solved. we have some mold as well as wet damaged floors. they are just doing patch work and not fixing the problem as promised.

If you ever want to buy a home from Prestige and Corinthian homes, please come by LIBERTY HILLS and ask some or all of the home owners for an opinion. This is one company I have seen that never keeps its word on anything. They will not work with you on any custom modifications that you want done on your house and will never return phone calls. They are never on their word when they talk about closing on a particular date. They have it even mentioned in their contract that they are not responsible for any delays.

PLEASE PLEASE read the entire contract when it comes to buying a house for them and MOST DEFINITELY ask for a copy of their WARRENTY book or else you will regret it. Remember that if they have nothing to hide, they will at least allow you to read it. More over keep a record of all conversations and do it via email.

They have an excuse for everything when it comes to fixing things around your house. If the floor is not shaped correctly, they say it is designed that way. They give you an excuse for EVERY SINGLE HOME WARRENTY ISSUE you can think of. If you call their office, they are the most un-friendliest people you will ever meet.

I have had an open ticket pending for over 5 months. Keep in mind that the ticket was opened way before the warranty period was over.

My insurance company hired a local engineer to look at a chronic problem with my 5 year old house losing shingles after every wind gust over 35 mph. The engineer wrote a report stating This is the worst shingled roofing job I've seen in 20 years of home inspections. Have tried contacting the builder, but they don't return calls, claim not to have records of who did the roofing and have no interest in seeing the problem.

My insurance company is now refusing to insure my house until I replace a 5 year old roof.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prestige Homes?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Prestige Homes Company Profile