Mercedes Homes

Tampa, FL

Out of Business

Specializing in new communities and new homes in Florida and Texas, Mercedes Premiere Homes offers two business units. The new home construction unit provides home buyers with custom new home design and construction, while the full-service realty division assists consumers in buying or selling pre-owned homes.

Compare Home Builders & Developers

Research top Home Builders & Developers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have read all the customer feedback on Mercedes Homes and ours is the same and consistent with the complaints. Shoddy workmanship resulted in faucets leaking behind the wall, mold in carpet in the adjacent room and water damage in flooring. Every window in the home has water damage that will have to be repaired due to poor sealing in exterior. If I had a dollar for every crack on the exterior of the house, I would have enough money to buy everyone on here complaining dinner (at a nice restaurant to boot).

Stay away from this company. The fact that someone endorsed them after they changed their name to operate and build houses after so many were screwed over by their bankruptcy, makes me sick to my stomach. Once again, the consumer is the underdog and the man with the most money wins. Great job Mercedes Homes, you put your piss poor workmanship on the backs of the American People (Military as well) so you can drive around in your fancy car and live on the hill.

Purchased home at the end of 2004. Cheap materials were used. Now I find the floors are not leveled. I get that happens but not to this magnitude. Remodeling bath, the horror. Upon demolishing, I find the walls were patched together. Big lump of cement was under toilet found that when it was removed. Tile installer had a difficult time installing tile on floor and the tub surround - wow that wall is so unleveled. I've been in my home for 10 years and I am remodeling. I will be removing the cheap carpet so I am scared to find how unleveled the floor is in the rest of my home. I did find before my warranty expired that there was no installation in space over my master bedroom. Shame on you Mercedes Homes.

Buyer beware. Please stay away from this company. All the complaints that were posted here are true. Whatever they say on their website is opposite of what they do. I closed my home in Jacksonville, FL about a year now and they still digging up my front yard to fix the drainage system. Their workmanship is the worse ever and very sloppy. They didn't pre-plumb my patio correctly and they have to dig up the concrete and redo it again -- it looks awful. We spent thousands of dollars to upgrade the stairways and they stained like a three years old kid just learns how to paint.

The front side of the island in my kitchen protrudes out one side instead of nice and round. The fan in my master bedroom has a very loud rattling noise every time we turn on. The top arch on the front door didn't get a right paint job. The soil underneath my driveway keeps corroding leaving a big pothole every time there is a heavy rain. I can literally go on and on. Most of the problems still have not been resolved. It take them FOREVER to get something done. Don't expect this company to get things right first time and NOT EVEN SECOND OR THIRD TIME.

We purchased our brand new house from Mercedes Homes in 2011 (Mercedes Premier now). They sold us the house and then they went into bankruptcy and we were left up in the air without any warranty. Mercedes Premier was created with the same owner. The house tiles are all cracked and the floors on the 2nd floor are not nailed properly and when you walked you can hear the wood moving. It was the worst experience we have ever gone thru trying to get someone to help us to no avail. Do not buy a house from this company!!!

I purchased a home in 2003 from Mercedes Homes which eventually went bankrupt because of the number of home owner issues. The same board members of Mercedes Homes has reappeared as Mercedes Premier Homes. I warn all those interested in purchasing a home from this company, check the previous track record and you'll see an enormous amount of disturbing claims from previous home owners. The group is notorious for building homes fast that look great. All I can say is "caveat emptor" these homes are not what they appear to be. If you are planning on purchasing one of these homes obtain an independent home inspector - you'll need it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes Premier Homes?

We have tons of issues with our Mercedes home (as do most of our neighbors) which was purchased new back in 2005 in Land O Lakes Florida. Mercedes Homes conveniently filed for bankruptcy a few years ago so they didn't have to honor their warranty. My 9yo house has had all of the door frames replaced and almost a totally new roof installed to repair leaks, not to mention all of our floor tiles have cracked and we had at least 4 major floods from bad plumbing. The last insurance claim we made caused us to lose our policy as a result. I've owned houses from low end builders before and never had a single issue. I never expected to buy a house costing $400k to be built so cheaply and incorrectly. Their customer service when they actually had any was terrible. Their "fixes" usually made the problems worse or no better at all and most of the time they wouldn't even acknowledge a problem or blamed us for tile cracks, doors not closing, plumbing and roof leaks. Buyer beware!

Mercedes built my home in 2012. They put the irrigation system in wrong. From day 1 there has been a leak underground. Everyone the irrigation system comes on the main valve pops and water shoots up 8 feet on the air. They have sent out an irrigation team twice and a plumber twice, the problem still exist. I've had to replace my sod twice from a fungus due to over watering. Now Mercedes will not return my phone calls. My next step is legal representation. Stay far away from this builder. Their work is incompetent and the customer service is horrible!!!!

Mercedes put my house together so poorly my doors don't fit in their frames properly, they leak water and they don't seal. The windows leak. The concrete slab is noticeably uneven. The outside faucets leak. The shower floor is a hump so it won't drain. The faucets and knobs were installed incorrectly. You either have to struggle to turn the knob or hope it will not fall off. That is just a little of their poor work.

We closed on our Mercedes Premier Home in Dec 2013, it is now March 2014. Problems discovered on move in still have not been fixed. We have been told that the water damage from standing water in the bottom of the cabinet in the master bed room will not be fixed. "Was caused by either spilt shampoo or cleaner" from the mildew growth. I'm sure water was there longer than 30 to 60 days. Poor paint job inside, overall poor workmanship in house.

Mercedes Premier Homes Company Profile