Legacy Homes

Out of Business

Compare Home Builders & Developers

Research top Home Builders & Developers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My husband and I purchased a 2014 Legacy Home from George ** KLS enterprise, Legacy Outlet. Upon viewing I noticed a crack in the ceiling. I was told it's ok, it will be fixed on walk through. After 2 weeks of having the home we sent in a list of things needing to be fixed. At that point George told us it was out of his hands, "contact the manufacturer." So we did. We were then told to live in the trailer for a month then send a new report to the dealer that way we don't miss anything so we did and we're told again not on me - it's them. So when we notified the manufacturer we were told there were no records of our home. We have been trying for a year to get things fixed.

We now face new problems everyday. Our walls are bowing and have moisture. We are always sick. Our floors are spongy. Our counter tops are coming off. All the wall strips are coming off. We have water coming out of light sockets. Our doors don't shut right. Our back door only stays shut with the deadbolt and I have a 3 page list of all the things that are wrong with this pos house. So after a year of this BS we contacted a lawyer who then sent us to HUD. They came and did the first inspection. She didn't know what was wrong but said the walls are caused by negative pressure from the a/c.

So upon the second inspection this time with a Legacy rep we were told that our a/c was not installed properly so it voids all warranty with Legacy and they can no longer help us with our problem that it now falls back on the retailer and the a/c company so meanwhile HUD wants to investigate more and we only have 2 years to get things done and we will be hitting that mark in January. Something needs to be done. This is unacceptable also since we have been having these problems, the place we bought the trailer from had cleared out all mobile homes they have on their lot! Something has got to be done about this.

Our house is now 2 years old. Had to have the housing authority come out so many times I can't remember to make them fix it. The outlet hired people from prison and on drugs and were drinking. Called and told them we didn't want them back out. They forced us to have them come out and put our mobile home together. They did stuff to our mobile home that my husband is now having to fix. I strongly advise never buy from them ever. When she get your money they're ** to you.

If you are looking for a reputable company that will do what they say they will do for you then look somewhere else. I bought and paid cash for a 2015 Legacy doublewide. It was to be delivered ASAP by the paperwork. I was told it would be delivered in 2 days. 2 weeks later I had to call and threaten a fraud suit to get them to deliver it. Then it took another month to get anyone one out here to set it up. I told them BEFORE they left that the doors did not shut properly and I was told they would be back to re-level it. Instead someone adjusted the screws on the door hinges to make them fit.

So now I am happy... not... the doors of my kitchen cabinets started falling off the wall. I have a large walk-in pantry that has a full-length door that fell completely off the hinges. I have made several requests from the Company from the salesman Don to the PRESIDENT of the Company Brent to Charles at the manufacturer in Fort Worth, Texas. I get the runaround.

I have a $75,000 POS that is not worth scraping. Oh did I mention that the counter top fell off the sink base, the refrigerator is not working correctly, the trim in all of the rooms has fallen off, there are holes in the ceiling that were patched but not very well, the floor creaks when you walk on it, the carpet is bunched up and has wads of padding that was not put in correctly.

Did I mention that my POS was delivered on April 15, 2015. I have been in contact with someone with Legacy, Wisdom or the BBB almost every week since. Trying to get something fixed. I have been getting your in line to be repaired since June 9, 2015 - it is now August 21, 2015. This should tell you that if it takes this long to get anyone to even come look that they have too many problems to fix. So do your homework and go somewhere else to buy your dream home. This is not the company.

I have sent this business several messages and cannot get a response. I requested change on my scheduled payment since I only get paid once a month to avoid late fees and I'm still waiting? Most recently I contacted BBB and the business didn't respond to them. I send them 200.00 month and my balance doesn't go down, it stays at between 500.00-600.00. I'm tired of trying to work with them and they continue to avoid me!

When I moved into my new mobile home I was so happy. Then a few days after I went to take a shower and the shower glass door fell on my toe and split it open. Then three week later I came home. House was flooded - kitchen, washroom and living room. They said Legacy would have to come out to make all repairs. No one have ever showed. Also I let them know that it rains in my hallway but still no one is fixing the problems. I've been here almost two years and it's problem after problem. I have a hole in my bathroom ceiling. And they still not trying to repair anything. Fail in my air vent and cut my leg up. No one is trying to pay my medical bills. It's so much and I'm very upset.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Legacy Homes?

This company was advertised as being a reputable company and it wasn't a very good experience dealing with them. It has been over a year and all our windows leak water and dirt and air and they have not complied at all. When ** was out to do repairs for the second time, he resealed 1 window out of 12 and it still was leaking air and dirt. It worked for the rain not getting through but not the outside dirt and air. I've complained to ** of Legacy and ** as well as many others but no resolution at all and it's been 14 months living with water damage to our home. I don't know what to do. If any lawyers out there would like to help, contact me please. I need some free advise because this is causing us a bundle to repair.

We had the Legacy Homes builders over so many times in the four years we had the house, and it cracks every time you fix it. I'M done.

We bought a 2013 mobile home from Legacy. It was supposed to be a TOP OF THE LINE single wide. We've been in it for almost 2 years now and I have to say this is the BIGGEST PIECE OF JUNK I'VE EVER SEEN!!! I traded in a 1997 model double wide that WAS WAY better built than this home. We turned in our repair list and the minor things were taken care of. The major issues, not even close. People has come to look but no repairs made. Linoleum floor has air pockets from day one. Trim is falling off everywhere, drawers are falling apart, walls are getting spongy. The a/c the company uses is junk. The pipes pop and jump when you have the water on. This house was built in Texas. I'd be ashamed of myself for putting this on the market. So, if you're looking to buy one, RUN AWAY, IT WILL NOT LAST 10 YRS.

My family and I bought a new legacy home in Nov of 2014 and we have had nothing but problems. Floors bowed, water leaks, bowed window sills, electrical lines running across water lines, outside electrical outlets don't work, instead of using the right type of electrical wire, they just colored the wire with a magic marker to make it the correct color, and the list goes on and on. When we call and try to get these problems resolved they just push the blame on to someone else and try and blame everyone else.

Bottom line is the house is a shining example of shotty and crappy craftsmanship, and Legacy refuses to stand behind their products. So if you are in the same boat we are in, please look me up on facebook. I would love to hear what you have to say... I am hoping that if we band together maybe something can get done, I don't know about you, but I have a real problem spending my hard earned money on a shack that they claim is in great condition. Hope to hear from you soon.

We purchased a new 2014 home and in less than 5 months shingles are coming off the roof, the venting is on the opposite side of the kitchen and bathrooms and everytime I open my oven door it sets off smoke alarm even though there is no smoke. Most recently we noticed the floor in front of the kitchen sink feeling soft and then beginning to bow. I have contacted the dealer, who told me they can't get Legacy to honor their warranty, and have tried to contact Legacy myself several times but they will not return my calls or emails. They have lied to me from the very beginning. When our home arrived it had the wrong floor covering, not the one I ordered, and they would not replace it.

The heat in our park model house does not work. We have called the salesman, the manufacturer plant, and everyone we can think of to help us. No one seems to know the brand name of the split wall ac/heating. We were told that we were to call the manufacture for warranty but no one knows who that is. Our front door does not close properly.

Tommy the manager at Legacy manufactured home and movers told me to pay $10,000 down in home I picked out for my blind mom and we could get trailer. But once he got the $10,000 he changed his words asking for more money, then tried to put mom in a trailer that needed repairing. He gave me a written agreement to return my money if we got no home but it's been four months and he keeps coming up with excuses to reason he don't have our money as of yet. So today I'm going to a lawyer. Tommy and Edd at Legacy manufactured homes and movers in bossier city on Texas street are liars and cons and don't care about who they con. My 79 year old blind mom Is living in a cold trailer thanks to Tommy being unable to return our money.

Upon shipment of my new Legacy Singlewide, there was some definite concerns as to the quality the home would arrive to my land. While there were some issues with some home parts coming loose and a piece of siding that was missing, the dealership and Legacy both in a timely manner fixed my issues. I did have to wrangle their service manager a few times into calling me back. When I did speak to Kyle it was all business and he was almost too nice.

I have read other reviews about Legacy and it is obvious mileage may vary on certain situations, but my experience has been pretty good. My neighbor has a true home from Clayton and he is still dealing with issues! After inspecting both home brands, the Legacy is built way sturdier.

My Mother who is 85 has been treated lousy by Legacy homes and their contractors. We have tried to get the problems with the home fixed for 6 months. The contractors will not return phone, nor will Legacy. We have called the home office with no satisfaction. This company should be put out of business for doing such a shoddy job building these homes and then lying to their customers. We are currently checking into suing Legacy along with several other customers. This is not the way we want to do things but this company leaves us little recourse.

We purchase 2012 mobile home and had lots of issues and the place where home was purchase did not keep their word. The kitchen and bathroom cabinets the paper look like wood is falling apart. The sorry contractor that was send to do the repairs did them half way and never complete the work. I will never tell anybody to purchase a home from Bell Mobile Homes. Very bad customer service and still have nerve to advertise on the radio.

I purchased a home from Legacy Manufactured Homes in Ft. Worth, Texas. From the moment it arrived, it has been nothing but a nightmare. Please note that there appears to be some confusion on this website, as people are reporting both their manufactured homes built by Legacy, as well as a mobile home park called Legacy. I am writing about the company that makes the manufactured homes. I wish someone would have warned me before I spent all my money on this lousy house. It is falling apart, and it's not even a year old. I have decided to sue them, no matter what their arbitration agreement says--you know, the one they make you sign. If you would like to get together with me and a bunch of other people who are also suing Legacy, please go to my Facebook page called "Legacy Manufactured Homes" and get my email address. Drop me a note and tell me about your issues.

We purchased a new 2014 legacy 32x56/64 - was never allowed to see what we ordered. Closed on Friday and went to see my house on Sunday. It was the most awful workmanship that you can imagine as well as the home actually breaking apart. I called Kenny the owner of legacy to complain and was told that I was a very confused person. I asked to have a new home built with better workmanship and he refused to do so. So we backed out of the deal. So buyer beware of the purchase of a legacy home.

It seems as though everyone that has purchased a new home with Legacy is experiencing the same problems, especially with the a/c system and workmanship of the home in general. This should raise a red flag and cause someone to do something about it to help us homeowners. We all need to get together and try to do something about this problem. I have also heard that the company name has been changed to Peachtree Communities and they are lying telling people that they are not Legacy. This needs to be investigated as well.

Last summer (2011), my husband and I ordered what we hoped to be our retirement home from Legacy manufactured homes. It did not arrive until late December. The interior of the home was left in extreme dusty conditions, ceiling and door molding was scattered throughout the house laying on the floors. Nails were left sharp sides sticking up from under the floors and a large nail sticking out of the wall. Nails and staples were scattered throughout the house. Staples were exposed on the walls. After realizing the assembly team was not returning to do the finishing work, I began cleaning up the mess. I had begun to cough due to the dust. There were also gaps between the floor and wall in some areas. We had ordered wood finishes for the floor and cabinets thinking we were getting wood, especially because we paid an extra $2,000.00 for the flooring throughout the home. We expected possibly laminate, but the floors are linoleum. It was never mentioned the floors would not be wood.

We recently realized the wood cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom consist of wood-patterned paper covering a thin layer of pressed wood. The sinks and bathtubs are plastic. None of these materials were ever mentioned when ordering the home. We paid $70,000.00. I have had to receive steroid injections and nasal spray since moving in due to extreme coughing, thought to be caused by the glues and vinyl dust in the home. I have seen a doctor numerous times and he believes the cause may be from the construction materials and dust. We called the manufacturer multiple times to request repairs but received no response other than they would call back.

We called a television station, Channel 2 Works for You, and they agreed to contact the company and investigate the lack of response. Eventually, someone from Texas did come and do some work, still shoddy and they were called back to do a better job. They fixed the nails on the floor and the staples in several walls. I also found when we moved in was the patio door installed backwards as was the shower door. We have been here 9 months, we have no children and life is quiet. However, the wood-patterned paper has begun to peel. There are indentations in the floor where furniture sits and we are now having issues with the hot water heater.

The only good thing we did was to purchase our own kitchen appliances and we had our own washer/dryer set. I don't expect this home to last more than five years unless we replace everything inside it. If we had known what we know now, we would never have gone with a Legacy manufactured home. I feel that they misled us on the quality of workmanship and materials. Now that we have bought this home, I feel we have few options for our future living conditions. I am very angry because I feel what was represented was a complete lie. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

I have been in the construction industry for over 22 years. You will regret your purchase as long as you own it. We bought a single wide for convenience while working a contract job due to overpriced homes in a booming oil producing area. Gilbert (owner & GM of Oasis Homes) is a practiced "used car" salesman. Of course, he can undersell anybody on a new home.

Legacy Homes has to be the cheapest made in the US. The homes he sells are made in TX and if there are any US citizens building them, they should be ashamed of the lack of quality (even bare minimum) put into constructing these units! The only quality control they have is if it doesn't fall off the frame when they tow it down the road! They look just good enough until you actually spend some time in one of these shacks. Flooring is popping up, trim is not attached to anything. Windows leak, hot water tank lines are pushed out on wall board, doors won't close/lock. There are missing screws from hinges, missing appliance (cheapest available) parts. Cabinet doors are not level, shower door can't keep water in because walls are out of plumb by 3/4" +. Every single item installed in these homes is the cheapest, poorest quality they can buy!

I am fixing the above issues and there are more that I can list in this review. I kicked Gil and company off out of my house and off my property due to a very poor attitude, a complete lack of experience and a total lack of quality from his service people and himself. Gil employs no experienced service people including himself & his son. If quality ever bit Gil, he'd brush it away as a pest. He has no idea what a stipple brush is. He mismatched interior paint, only half fixed several issues. The roofer could not fully set roofing nails & roofing was left raised, left exposed nail heads, left cracked shingles, left holes in roof from transport boards, did not fully seal roof venting properly per manufacturer's recommendations, etc, etc, etc.

My yard had trash left in it everyday he and his staff worked on service issues. Even after asking for clean up prior to departure, the trash was still left. I have pictures and a bag full of trash. He is very unorganized. Purchasing paperwork rarely is correct the first time and many times are incomplete. He has inexperienced office help, never returns calls to the office phone voice mail. Inaccurate information is given by both Gil and office help. His office had the audacity to expect the customer to complete missed forms immediately so he gets his credit from the manufacture. Stay as far away as possible!

Warranty work has not been completed as promised. I've been in the house for two years and it is falling apart. I now have a black mold issue and don't quite know the extent of it yet. Unsure as of yet. I have been sick with a cold, headache or allergies for a few months now. Unsure of the damage to my house as of yet as well.

I purchased a Legacy home in January and the air conditioning unit, which was included in my purchase, was not installed correctly. The electrical unit to the air conditioning was not connected. I had to pay an air conditioning company over $300 to install it correctly. It has been impossible to reach any at the company. I heard on a few blogs that they changed their name to Peachtree Communities. They are also some minor electrical issues as well. The cost of getting my air conditioning fixed was $331 and I want to be reimbursed

I have had nothing but issue's since i bought my home from Legacy. The warrenty department does not respond to issue's. I had them out once and they never sent the worker back to finish the work. I have structual issues and after 20 or so emails i got 2 responses that they would have someone call withing 2 weeks to set an appointment to address this. They told me this twice and no one has called. I sent so many emails and now NO one will respond now.

when it rains the water is coming through the concrete wall in my garage and its going under the concrete slab. the wall is a supporting wall in the garage and is cracking and sounds hollow at the area that the water is leaking. I affraid my wall in the garage will give way and that wall will come down.

I have reported the issue via their online warrenty submission which is how they told me it had to be done. I have called the number is disconnected and sent too many emails. I was promise 2 time they would have a concrete company contact me to make an appointment but no one calls they will now not respond to my emails at all.

Also, they sent painters out to fix the drywall and they said the would be back in 2 days to sand all they touch ups, and their is a lot all over my home. They never came back its been 3 months. Warrenty told me that company went out of business and they had to find another...they told me this 2 times and both times i was promised a call within 2 weeks and no one called and Legacy will not respond to me.

I purchased my home a year and a half ago. Last month I realized that there has been alot of crime in this neighborhood. There have been homes burglarized in the middle of the afternoon. Doors are being kicked in, cars are being vandalized, and our homeowner association or Legacy homes representative are not concerned. The homeowners have gotten together on two occasions and have invited our homeowner association and any representative from Legacy to hear the home owner concerns. Not one of them attented the meeting. We have had 6 robberies within thirty hours.

People have property damage on there homes and cars. Home owner that work from home, housewives and young children are no longer safe to be in their home durning the afternoon.

At 6 months of age, our pipes made a big banging noise and the bathroom floor got hot. This only happened once and we reported it to the onsite builder

2 months later, Our house cracked down the center and started to pull away from the roof. One of our top bedroom doors sealed and we had to bust down the door just to get it open. We found very large cracks around that bedroom. We had had 5x as high electric & water bills for 2 months and just thought maybe the construction workers working on the house next door to us had been using our resources.

Apparently, higher water and electri bills are standard when your house has busted pipes as is a house pulling away from the roof and cracking down the center. I just reported all this to the Director of building today and put an urgent message out there because nobody was able to help me. I've reported many warrenty related problems wtih this house and still have not had about 90% of the addressed. Buyers beware.

To begin with, our sales counselor told us that our home was ready 6 months early and that we could lose our deposit and earnest money if we didnt come now and close. When we arrived, after we quit our jobs, sold everything we couldnt bring with us, loaded up children, dogs, cats, birds into 30ft moving truck pulling trailer car followed by spouse driving mini van, we arrived angry and shocked having driven all the way from Arizona to see that we didn't even have a drive way! Not to mention nothing was the way we had picked out ranign from flooring to the patio that we still have not received and we closed on our home july 2006!

We found out 2 months ago that our lad was never surveyed, and a survey had to be ordered when we observed a fence company placing a fence through our front lawn to fence off a protected nature preserve. I then found out that even now if you look at my back yard legacy refuses to move my fence to the proper location 10 inches! down the length of my 151sqft back yard. We paid 3,500 extra to have a rod iron fence and they were too lazy to move the rocks so they cheated us out of 10 inches. My 10' x 10' patio was never put in, and they came over and said they woudl cut me a check for $130.00 for our troubles! because they could not get a trade/sub contractor to come back to our sub-division for a reasonable price.

Our living room wall is warped badly, they said they would repair it properly, instead, they had a person comein with a hatchet and hack away the stud until it was able to be re-drywalled and not show the huge bend in the wall, same thing in teh masterbedroom. Legacy ruined my home! The lack of attention to detail when the roof was being put up caused my entire garage ceiling to cave in and begin to rot due to a huge leak. there was another leak coming in due to lack of a rook jack they called it making water pour into my air handler room. the list goes on. What really was humiliating and embarrassing on top of it all was the building superintendent John Molina who came to my home several times and just stared at me instead of looking at the items i needed corrected which made me feel very uncomfortable since my husband works late. the cake topper was when he started asking me to come to his place to have beer and look at his boat, the other workers in the community were under the impression that he and i were having an affair and one of the managers, discussed it with my husband. Not a pretty picture.

Our faucets in the master shower fell apart and had to be turned off and on with a pair of vice grips, my drawers on several cabinets fell apart and have been that way for a year. kevin potts recently called and laughingly said, oh, we have your drawers in for 2 months now, must have forgot about them they jsut did their 11 month inspection a year and a half later. i have copies of every customer servie request that we have ever filled out, repeatedly we have asked that the items be repaired. Our garbage disposal is still leaking ruining our cabinet underneath. What are supposed to do!

Loss of $20,000 in baby bedding due to moisture from roof leak. Loss Broyhill dresser due to wet drywall falling on it and rain coming through ceiling. High water bill, due to busted water sprinkler from bob cat driving over it. Lack of ability to perform my wifely duties and obligations with my husband becasuei am so stressed out that i cannot relax or focus. My children are totally upset becasue we are moving them. we spent all we had to build this house and all we hoped to have on our business which is all ruined!

Having to sell our home now due to loss of $20,000.00 in merchandise exposed to moisture which was stored in what we thought was a well build 3 car garage. what can we do? Legacy dealt us a raw deal from the start, who lives in a home for 6 months prior to closing because their sales counselor lied about the home being ready?

My partner and I went to Legacy Financial to re-finance our home. The agent told us about the Option Arm Loan and thought it would be the best loan for us. We were told that the payments would only increase by about $74.00 a year, which is true. The things he failed to tell us were.... 1. By only making the minimum payment, which was the one we could afford, that over $1000.00 per month would be added to the backside of the loan, and this amount would increase by about $70.00 EVERY MONTH. 2. That at 110% of the value of our home, we would them be required to make at least the interest only payment, which we wouldn't be able to do. 3. Even if we could afford the interest only payment, by that time we would be so far upside down in our home that we would lose it. 4. That even making the highest payment, which we would not be able to do, only a very small portion of that would go towards the principle. Remember, by this time we are very upside down in our home, we wouldn't be able to make the max payment, we wouldn't be able to sell because of what we owed and the bank would take the house.

We are having to try and get out of this loan by re-financing, once again, having to pay more processing fees etc....and we're not even sure if we'll be able to get a different loan. If we can't, we will have to sell our home to be able to.

We purchased a Legacy home in December 2004. Upon move-in, we received a survey from the builder to complete regarding our experience in buying our home. We completed the survey and listed some very negative responses to several issues we had from the sales process through the completion of our home. Upon returning this completed survey, we received a letter from your organization stating that a formal inspection was being developed and that we would receive a packet once this was done. We have never received such a packet so we are not sure what has been done at this point.

To date, it has been nothing but a nightmare. From trouble with the sales staff to options we approved not happening to TERRIBLE QUALITY construction and materials, we at this point wish we had looked at other builders more closely. We have had to put in AT LEAST 4 warranty requests since we moved in. This was after many things that we had fixed during the construction and walk-through processes. We cannot convey how disappointed we are that our first new-home experience has been so horrible. At $167,900 this home would be considered expensive anywhere, and in Hutto that is considered VERY high-end. For that price, we should have gotten all the options we wanted (INCLUDED) and the workmanship and quality of materials should have been a lot higher.

We would not recommend this builder or this community to anyone. For a builder that advertises LUXURY, CUSTOM-BUILT HOMES, it has been a very misleading company. There are still issues with the construction of the home that may never be fixed. The walls are not square, the appliances are low-end quality and the UPGRADES we paid extra for do not have UPGRADE quality. We are not sure what we can do to get this resolved. We are very unhappy with this investment.

Legacy Homes Company Profile