CSI Homes

Compare Home Builders & Developers

Research top Home Builders & Developers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

When contemplating a modular home, I "googled" CSI (we found their ad in the Agri News). I was concerned when I read the 2 negative reviews. After meeting with Jared and Kim, we decided to go forward with CSI and have been very happy with that decision. We selected a basic plan and were thrilled with Kim's ability to customize the house to make it perfect for us. Even though we are a little over 2 hours from Cambridge, they made the process very accessible for us. We were able visit the factory to see the initial building process. We are very satisfied with the quality of the home and thoroughly enjoyed visiting with the people working on our house.

Since moving in, we have had a couple small things that needed to be fixed, and they fixed them in a very timely manner. We liked that it is a family-run business that is now carrying on to the 3rd generation. I remember telling Kim and Jared at an initial meeting that we really wanted to do this right since we were only going to do this once. We feel we made the right decision in choosing CSI to build our home. We would be glad to discuss our experience with anyone considering CSI that may have concerns.

I would highly recommend CSI Homes of Cambridge, Illinois to anyone looking to build a new home. They built our home in 2011 and have been happy ever since. They can custom design any floor plan or will recommend something for you. The quality of workmanship and materials was second to none. They are a family owned business that treat you like one of the family. Thank you CSI for a great home.

Would I have Gale build me another home? Hell no! There is 1/2 in gap between my kitchen counters and the wall -- that goes along with the color schemes not matching. Also, the floors are not insulated and remain cold through the winter months. I've attempted to communicate with Gale and he has flat out refused to address the problems. While speaking with Gale on the phone, he became rude and an obnoxious jerk, going as far to present "I got my money, I don't care" attitude. Gale now ignores my attempts to reach him. I've also attempted filing complaints with Rock Island Co. Attorney General's office to no avail. I encourage anyone looking at modular home to do their research before doing business with CSI Homes.

We have has several issues with the house CSI built for us. Gale ** has not even visited our site to see what our issues are (counter top pulling away from the wall, garage floor buckling up and a missing basement window). Beware potential buyers! The standard CSI sales contract states that any problem that can't be resolved between parties must be settled through arbitration. This is very expensive! Gale ** doen't have any problem pumping money into the arbitration process and a "corporate" lawyer instead of taking care of the customer. I just received Gale's response to our case today and almost everything that man said was a boldfaced lie! So if anyone decides to stick their neck out and take a chance with this ripoff "company", just make sure you document everything that is said or promised. Trust me, you will need that documentation!

We purchased a modular Home package from CSI Homes in Cambridge, Illinois. The owner, Gale Casteel was very helpful and accommodating until the contract was signed. We had problems with cracked concrete before the house was set, Gale did not even come out and look at the cracks, when he was called he was very rude and disrespectful. Now the house has been set several problems have come to light including the same cracks that now leak water into our basement.

There is air blowing through the outlets in one bedroom and the kitchen which made for an expensive winter.

The kitchen countertop was not installed straight, there is about a 1/4 gap in between the top and the wall on one side and flush on the other.

The basement windows were just set in the openings, no caulk.

The furnace takes several hours to warm a few degrees, we are going to have an outside furnace contractor check this out, I think the furnace is either to small or not assembled properly. CSI came out and turned the fan speed up but that did not help.

The kitchen floor is always very cold which makes it very difficult to heat.

We have attempted to contact CSI Homes several times with no response.

Heat costs this winter were unreasonable, CSI advertises thier homes as Energy Efficient. Warrany expresses problems will be corrected per standard building practices.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CSI Homes?

CSI Homes Company Profile