2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.06/5

Clayton Homes is a manufactured home builder that offers an array of home types, from traditional site-built homes to tiny homes. With a focus on green building practices and multiple customizable features available, Clayton Homes can help you achieve homeownership within your budget.

Clayton Homes Gallery (4)

Clayton Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Clayton Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Clayton Homes?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I did have a good experience with Clayton. Everything went pretty easy and everybody was very friendly. I did have a great experience with each and every one of them. They did very well. They were very informative about a lot of things that I needed to know about what goes on about buying a home from Clayton.

Clayton Homes response

Thank you for the kind words regarding your experience, Crystal! We're so happy to have you as a part of our Clayton family!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

The process with Clayton was quick, efficient and relatively easy. I was able to customize almost everything in my home. However, I've got some concerns with the quality of the home especially now that it's been settled. There was a problem with the tile in the shower. It's been ongoing since the house was installed and it still has not been resolved. The follow through from Clayton is not the greatest.

Clayton Homes response

Hi Shannon, we appreciate you reaching out! We take this feedback very seriously, and we want to ensure you that we will look into this matter for you. Thanks for your patience as we loop in the appropriate parties and get back with you.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Clayton Homes had what I wanted and the process was alright in the beginning but it turned out to be a bad experience. They hooked me up with a contractor and whoever they used for their contractor was very late. They told me they could put the house in in wintertime where I live. There’s no way that they could do that because of the snow but I asked the rep about it several times and they said that there would be no problem doing it. It turned out it was a couple months late because they had to wait for the ground to dry. They also didn't include any of the permits so when they delivered the house, none of the permits were attained. I had to go get all the permits myself.

The quality of the home is fine but there was a disappointment that there wasn't more communication about what they had got and what they hadn't got. It cost me a lot of extra money. We were supposed to write them a check for it all and it'd be done. But it didn't work out that way. It was $20,000 on top, that I had to come up with.

Clayton Homes response

Hi Kurt, thanks for reaching out. We take customer feedback very seriously, and customer experience is our number one priority. Clayton Homes strives to provide a world-class customer experience, and we apologize for these issues during your building process. We will loop in the appropriate parties regarding your review in order to better our processes. We appreciate your time.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I was very satisfied with Clayton's customer service. The way they took care of any situations or problems we had was very fast. They were professional about it. The rep did a very good job explaining everything. Through the whole process, I had two or three questions that I didn't quite understand and I just gave him a call. It was a very pleasurable experience dealing with them. They made the process very easy and simple.

Clayton Homes response

Brian, we're so happy that you had such a wonderful experience regarding your purchase process with Clayton Homes. Customer experience is of the upmost importance to us, and we're ecstatic you had the best service!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

Clayton walked me through the whole purchasing process and did a very good job. I was really comfortable with Shane. He wasn't pushy and he was very personable. And we really like our home. I like the layout of it. The kitchen and the living room don't have any walls so it's a great big area that we like. Also, it feels very roomy and glad for the three-bedroom home. We set up an office in one of them and have visitors, when they come, in the other one. I'm very happy with it. The only thing is we would have liked to have a set of stairs when they first had this home set up. We borrowed some from our friends in another city and we got that done but if that were provided, it would've been a nice gift.

Clayton Homes response

Gerald, thank you so much for reaching out and taking the time to share your feedback with us! We're ecstatic you love your home!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I'm very satisfied with Clayton Homes. Everything was great. It couldn't have gone smoother or any better. I worked with Bill and he was great. We searched a couple of different cities and he ended up finding exactly what I wanted and needed.

Clayton Homes response

Hi Mariah, thank you so much for reaching out and sharing your feedback regarding Clayton Homes! We're so glad you had a wonderful experience!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

Clayton has wonderful customer service. When I went in, the guy that approached me made me feel more welcome and not just wanting my money so I went with them. David was my rep and I liked his personality. The kitchen was what made me want the first house that I got with Clayton. I changed the cabinet tops and the paper on the bedroom.

Clayton Homes response

Thank you so much for your feedback, Lisa! We appreciate you so much!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

My wife had a Clayton home when we lived in Colorado and they had the trailer at the right price and what we were looking for so we decided to work with them. The buying process was very long. It was a bad time to be buying anything at the time because of the COVID stuff. But the process wasn't all that bad. The rep we worked with, James, tried to help us get everything fixed. I had bricks that fall off the wall, cracks in the ceiling, and water damage problems going on. We've had contractors out here, good ones and bad ones, and they've been constantly working. I've had some that I told Clayton I didn't want ever coming back. But I still need them to come out and I haven't heard from the company for a couple of weeks or so. They should be out here fixing the back room that's messed up and they're taking forever.

Clayton Homes response

Hi James, thank you so much for reaching out and providing this feedback. We take customer experience very seriously, and we'd like to look into this matter for you. We appreciate your patience as we look into this matter for you, and we will followup with you shortly.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I was looking at the onw directly across the street from Clayton which was Freedom Homes. They're owned by the same company and they had a model that I liked on their lot. However, I'd probably never buy one again. I probably wouldn't recommend anyone to buy one either. I've had so many issues and they've been out to my house since we got it 13 times. It's been about six months to fix things. It's very poorly-put together. The manufacturer tried calling me and wanted some pictures. It’s been an ongoing battle ever since we got this house. I'm very dissatisfied.

Clayton Homes response

Hi Blake, thank you for reaching out and providing this feedback. We take customer concerns very seriously, and we'd like to look into this matter for you. We will be following up with you via private message with more information. We appreciate your patience.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

The process wasn't bad but it was time-consuming especially we went with an FHA loan. There were a couple little things where they kinda waited around and it kinda dragged out. We signed the papers around January or February but we didn't get to move in till April. I wish getting paperwork done would've been a little quicker but overall, it was pretty good experience. The reps were nice and pretty helpful. They took care of about anything we needed. If that was someone something was in the market for, I would recommend Clayton Homes.

Clayton Homes response

James, thank you so much for reaching out and sharing this feedback with us! We're so glad that you chose Clayton Homes for your home-buying process, and we hope you enjoy your home for years to come.

Clayton Homes Company Information