Blu Homes

Compare Home Builders & Developers

Research top Home Builders & Developers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The inspection process overall is pretty smooth. It is fast and not much paperworks to do. The overall experience is no hassle and stress free experience I ever had with this company. The warranty is worth it. I would say it is definitely exceptional compared to other companies in the market right now. Very responsive and helpful as well. Its reliability is 100%. They gives me assurance and shows that they are customer driven and knows how to takes care of me being their one of its clients. Overall the value is reasonable and you won't get upset because knowing this makes you feel satisfied and amazed for the service they had given to you.

They came over and explained the entire process so I wouldn't be lost and they told me what needed to be fixed and what options I had to fix them. They gave me a long warranty promising that if anything they had repaired broke or was just not working how I wanted it to they would come out for free and fix the problem. They were very reliable and they showed up and time and got things done the way I wanted and didn't try to make me pay for more than I wanted to. They got good parts that were never used and was new so that my house value would go up and that nothing would break or work like it shouldn't.

The inspection process was extremely quick and easy. There were absolutely no problems with my home when the inspector came to inspect. The warranty is the same as any other building service. There is nothing special about it. It lasts as much as I need it to. Overall I am really happy with Blu Homes. There has been absolutely nothing wrong with my home since it was built. I have not had any piping problems or and creaking when stepping on it. I love my home. Blu Homes is a bit pricey, however, it is worth every penny. I can assure you that the home they build will be one of the best homes you can find on the market.

The inspection took a little longer than what I wanted. I understand though. It was raining when they were trying to do the inspection. The warranty had everything I wanted in it. I love how they have a 3 year extended warranty and after a flat rate and then they take care of the rest. Awesome. Everytime that I have called them for any question they have always answered, with a professional and they are always helpful. I couldn't ask nicer people. I think that the prices are a little high. Some can go for 975,000 and to me that's a little high. We just got the garage, but the homes are beautiful and seem to be made with high quality.

The inspection is quite easy and smooth. You can get the best inspection from that place. I wouldn't doubt that place and its honesty and integrity. The warranty is good for a year. If you don't like what you see, you can always tell them to remodel it and also they will give you back money guarantee. The product reliability is good and it tells you enough description to believe what it is all about. I am happy and content with their business model. The value is not of this planet. I highly recommend their services. They are specialized in creating these nice and extraordinary homes for good customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blu Homes?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Expert Review

Joseph TruiniHome Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.    More about Joseph→

Blu Homes focuses on using technology to build high-end, contemporary-style modular homes. It's a fairly new company, having launched in 2008, and is headquartered in Northern California.​

• Factory speeds up home building: All homes are built in a climate-controlled factory and shipped to the site by truck, which dramatically speeds up the homebuilding and buying process.
  • Homes built based on results of a design study: Blu Homes conducted a two-year study to find the best ways to design homes, and they use the results to increase construction integrity and usability.
  • Local delivery: Buyers can order a modular home to their specifications for delivery throughout Northern California. Blu Homes hopes to expand to other regions soon.
  • Uses 3D design technology: This company uses computers and 3D technology to create virtual, customized homes before building an actual house. A free digital product catalog can be ordered online, which includes photos, floor plans and information on building with Blu Homes.
  • Uses sustainable materials and energy efficiency: Much of the building materials used in Blu Homes are environmentally friendly and designed to reduce the homeowner’s monthly utility bill.
  • Best for Blu Homes is best for environmentalists and buyers interested in a uniquely designed, modern home.

Compare Builders & Developers