Find a Home Warranties partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Allied Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allied Home Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allied Home Warranty?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

We have been paying Allied Home Warranty for coverage for several years and had them out a few times for repairs on kitchen appliances. When we renewed January 8th, they were offering a HVAC service with the renewal. Their vendor came out & said the compressor was out. He gave a price of over $7,000 & they said they would pay $682. I was shocked because their brochure/contract says it "covers" 2 systems. They sent another person from the vendor out who said it was the inside unit which needed replacing. I was told for doing the whole thing they would pay a little over $1,000 if I would pay $6,000. Again, not really coverage as has been my experience in 20+ years of real estate. I will be filing a complaint with the Board of Insurance & The Better Business Bureau as well because I believe their policy is conflict with the Deceptive Trade Practices Act.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

Allied Home Warranty service is terrible. They rip off their customers and do not provide what they promise at the time of signing up. I had issues with my AC and their repair people could not diagnose the root cause of the AC not working and as a result of the issues my tenant broke the lease and moved out and I ended up incurring losses due to the tenant moving out after only two months. I had to pay my agent again to get a new tenant and she also threatened to leave because AC was not working although it was supposedly fixed by AHW agents. But it was still not cooling.

Finally, AWH send me a quotation of $6000 to replace the AC!! I called them to negotiate the price and left voicemails but no one called me back. The tenant was threatening to leave so I had to hire an outside agent who replaced the whole AC unit for $2500. I called AHW and told them the whole scenario and that the AC was replaced for $2500 instead of what AHW agent quoted me for $6000. I asked them for a partial refund for the $2500 that I paid and they refused to pay me anything. I had to go to an outside agent because they did not respond to my calls to explain the reason for the $6000 quotation. I was not going to pay them $6000 but I did not want to loose my second tenant so I went outside supplier and got the AC replaced for $2500. They refused to pay me anything towards this expense. I had detailed discussion with manager Theresa ** and she told me nothing can be done about it.

Original review: June 7, 2016

Received offer from my energy co of a home warranty by a company under Allied Home Warranty for home central air conditioner paid monthly through my energy company. I called in a claim due to my AC leaking Freon through the evaporated coils. A mechanic came by and claimed home warranty covers the inside unit but not the outside ac unit. He provided an estimate with costs over 5000.00 that the warranty covered. Allied refused to repair the AC inside and outside.

I was told by a supervisor named GLORIA that the area manager would return my call. I spoke with this area manager on 5/31 as he claimed he would look into the issue and call back. Area manager Jeff ** never returned my calls. I contacted him 4 times as they continue to tell me he's unavailable and will return my call. This warranty does not exist, they will tell you they cannot repair or cover anything; however the contract clearly indicated the ac would be repaired. This warranty is BOGUS.

Original review: June 7, 2016

I had to contact the Better Business Bureau on this company since they do not deliver on that which they promise. As a member for the past four years with very few claims (possibly three in the entire time) the last attempt was the absolute worst. 4 attempts to get one issue with my refrigerator resolved and several months later, no viable solution was reached. All of the vendors in their network whom they claim have undergone a rigorous vetting process are anything but reputable.

One company assigned to my claim immediately stated they could not help me and informed me to contact the home warranty company for another vendor, then abruptly hung up. Another vendor assigned to work on the appliance is one that works out of the garage of a home who also had less than desirable customer service; especially after the manager/owner of this company yelled at me when I brought to his attention his lack of professionalism on the telephone.

The home warranty contacted yet another vendor who stated would be out on a Saturday to make the repairs. I waited and waited and waited - no phone call, no email and no one showed up. After many telephone conversations with Allied and exchanges which took place in the BBB forum in which they made slanderous remarks about me - a viable solution to this problem was never reached. It is unknown why this company has such a terrible YELP rating (one star - the absolute lowest) yet the BBB who has handled hundreds of complaints still rates them as an A+ member.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2015

Terrible. My AC stopped working. I received my own estimates for around $1000 and was told I had to replace the whole outside unit. I then called Allied who sent someone out who also confirmed that you couldn't just replace the one broken part, you had to replace the whole outside unit but they were going to charge $2000. The kicker... Allied said they would only pay $700 to replace the one broken piece because the rest is a "modification". Never mind that both repair people said it's not even possible to only replace the one piece. Allied is a scam.

Original review: June 18, 2015

Allied Home Warranty "one-page warranty" is nothing but a one-page scam and a way to keep it vague and deny claims. AHW will send out the technician of their choosing and you have no option for a 2nd opinion. The price you will be quoted for any work will be double or triple what it would cost anywhere else. My call was for my A/C. The technician after THREE separate visits said my Air Handler needed to be replaced and Allied would only cover $600.00. The remaining amount $2000.00 would be my responsibility because it was considered "modifications" and those are not covered in their "one page contract." They gave me a ridiculous song and dance about what they covered and didn't cover. It seemed pretty straightforward to me that this was EXACTLY why I had a home warranty in the first place.

I called for a 2nd opinion and 3rd opinion. Both of the opinions came from HomeAdvisor.com referrals. And both of those certified techniques said my problem was NOT the Air Handler and replacing that would not solve my issue. What needs to be replaced is the Air Conditioning unit completely. And to add insult to injury Allied indicates they will not honor or pay for either of the 2 other opinions I have obtained and my ONLY option is to have the repairs that their company says I need or nothing at all. Even though 2 other certified companies say replacing the Air Handler will not fix the problem. How is that for logic?

As with a previous reviewer I am in the process of filing a complaint with the Texas Real Estate Commission Residential Service Program, and with the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices-Consumer Protection Act. I am also speaking to an attorney because of Allied's negligence and deceptive practices. They have placed the residents' health in danger as they have been without air-conditioning for over a month. We as consumers cannot take this kind of treatment lying down!

Original review: May 7, 2015

To follow up on my earlier review, I thought I would share with you how to file a proper complaint against Allied Home Warranty. They are licensed by the Texas Real Estate Commission and that is who everyone needs to file their complaints with. Search for "Texas Real Estate Commission Residential Service Program" then click the link for complaints. Allied is required by law to respond to complaints filed this way. I filed an open records request and obtained past complaint files. I found that in some instances Allied Home Warranty settled with people after they filed complaints.

Original review: April 21, 2015

This "one-page warranty" is nothing but a one-page scam. AHW will send out the technician of their choosing and you have no option for a 2nd opinion. The price you will be quoted for any work will be upwards of double or triple what it would cost anywhere else. I am in the process of selling my home and there were items found that needed to be replaced. They were covered by the warranty according to the one-page warranty. When the bill arrived for the first job, I was charged $295 + $60 service call. The service call was not deducted from the job. They supposedly charged the warranty company $490. The total charge was $785 to replace the lines on my hot water heater. They did not replace the hot water heater itself.

The second call was for my A/C. The technician said my system was completely shot and was not working at all, despite the fact that it was freezing me out. He said I needed to replace BOTH box evaporator coils at a whopping $5,415 of which AHW was agreeing to pay less than $1,300. They gave me a ridiculous song and dance about what they covered and didn't cover. It seemed pretty straightforward to me that this was EXACTLY why I had a home warranty in the first place. I called for a 2nd opinion, which I had to pay for out of pocket after already paying $60 to the first guy, who was a price gouging NRG A/C guy and a good example of why A/C guys have a bad reputation. The 2nd opinion came from a referral from HomeAdvisor.com. He was fast and courteous and basically told me my system was working just fine and that there was nothing wrong with it or the evaporator coils.

I will be cancelling this warranty immediately. This service is garbage. The company rips people off and provides you with a false sense of security. I would definitely advise anyone interested in a home warranty to look elsewhere.

Original review: March 3, 2015

I have had Allied providing a home warranty for 3 years on my rental house. I haven't really used the warranty other than for maintenance (which was no real savings) is recently. I had a foundation problem at this house as it’s rampant in North Texas lately, and in having the foundation repaired one sewer pipe broke under the slab. I had a pressure test done and isolation test to determine the location of all leaks, there was thankfully only one leak. The cost to fix the leak is $2500 due to the necessity of tunneling under the slab. The actual repair was almost $500. I called Allied to see if the repair was covered and they told me that accessing the repair is not covered (then how can you fix it?) but the repair would be, however they had to have one of their NRG expert idiots out to assess the situation and run his own tests, which I had already done at a cost over $500.

They refused to accept the findings of a plumber who has been reputably in business for over 20 years. Effectively telling me to go screw myself because it made no sense to pay over $500 again to try to get these ** to pay what little they would be willing to pay. Additionally, I am selling the house and called to set up an AC check to make sure everything was fine well unless "the weather permits" they won't do that. It has to be above 70 degrees which is silly because it either runs properly or it doesn't. They can run the unit all day for all I care just make sure it running properly. This company is dead set on not doing anything if possible. I suggest you save the money you were going to pay any home warranty company unless your house is in really bad shape. Put your money in savings and keep it there for the eventual repair that comes up and tell these jerks to take a flying leap.

I will never pay any home warranty company again, it’s a scam and they know it better than you do.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2014

Based on my recent experience I would not recommend the AHW service to anybody. My water heater had a gas leak and AHW has sent Troy **, the technician from their "preferred" service company, NRG, to check and estimate the cost of repairs. Troy provided me with three options ranging from $2,007 to $2,342 depending on the heater models. The cheapest model was quoted at $1,040 while I could get a similar unit for just $298 at Home Depot. Then he added these super-inflated charges: $210 for City Permit and Inspection fee (usually less than $30), $290 for pan drain line (should be $30 as the heater is only 2 feet away from the drain), $197 for the drip pan ($19.98 at Home Depot) and $300 for two-story roof access (should be $0 as the heater is on a first floor). Even with AHW coverage of $500 for the heater, I would've ended up with at least $1,507 for this job.

So, I asked for an independent contractor who did this job for $1,040 (so I saved $500 by not doing work with AHW!) but now AHW is trying any excuse for not covering any cost by citing that the contractor "does not have a website" as their main argument and Wade ** at AHW is not answering my emails. I see a very similar negative experience reported by another customer along with few others and wish I could've read all these reports before signing the contract with AHW.

I was using another home warranty company, American Home Shield, in my previous home but my last realtor suggested the AHW. I regret the switch and will cancel my current contract with AHW. I will also provide my feedback about this experience with AHW to the BBB. Consumers should unite and drive the thieves out of business by voting with their feet first followed by class action lawsuit.

Allied Home Warranty Company Information