Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes
1.00/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Allied Home Warranty Reviews

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I purchased a warranty through through Reliant (another useless company) and filed a claim for my TV and refrigerator. The man came out. Looked at everything and left in 2 minutes. They denied the claim off his assessment. I asked, "Well how did he come to the conclusion that I was ineligible when he didn't take the TV off the wall because it's mounted and all he did to the refrigerator was look in it." They stated, "We can send someone else out but it will be the same company we only use on in that city." I said well that's odd because of disagreements like this. He said, "Well I get an expert to come look at it then," called back 2 minutes later and say, "Well they only one tech." I said, "That is convenient. One company one tech so you won't get a fair analysis if you disagree."

Then said, "Well he said he can't repair it because they don't have the parts" and I said, "So that's why it was denied because you can't get the parts???? I thought you was supposed to replace the product if you can repair it???" Then he backtracks and states, "Oh no that's not why we denied it." Fraud and lies is all they represent.

Original review: July 8, 2018

I purchased a home in The Woodlands in May 2018 and purchased a 1-year warranty from Allied. Within 2 months of owning the home, my A/C unit began to blow hot air, so I called Allied to come and diagnose a repair. Allied sent a technician from Reliant Home Services, which is an affiliate company of Allied Home Warranty (both owned by NRG). The Reliant technician diagnosed a replacement of the AC, in excess of $12,000. I called around to four other local AC sales and installation companies to compare the price, and the competitor companies all quoted me in the $7,900 range for a complete replacement with a new unit.

When I asked Allied to give me permission to use an AC company of my choosing to install the same replacement unit for more than $4,000 less than what Allied wanted me to pay to their affiliate company Reliant for the same AC replacement job, Allied refused and told me that I must use the Allied-chosen provider at more than $4,000 higher price.

After one week of fighting with Allied about this, with temperatures in my house above 90 degrees and my two year old developing heat rash, I went ahead and had The Woodlands Heating & Air Conditioning install a new unit for $7,900, and Allied has refused to pay out any coverage to me for this AC replacement job, which is clearly covered by their home warranty (their coverage of AC repairs and replacements is a focal point of Allied's advertising). NRG has set up quite a racket for themselves between Allied Home Warranty and Reliant Home Services. I want Allied to pay me out the $1,500 warranty coverage (which Allied refused to do, Claim# **) for the replacement AC that I am entitled to under my warranty, for which I foolishly paid $650 annual to Allied.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Got a warranty when we bought our house in 2015 - have only needed it maybe a handful of times in the past three years. But EVERY time involves multiple phone calls, ridiculously long hold times, no responses to emailed requests, websites that don't do what the recorded message you hear every 15 seconds while on hold, claims you can do and service companies that are the same if not WORSE in terms of service.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I called to file a claim for a leak in my ceiling. Allied Warranty cancelled my service appointment twice. When the guy finally made it to my home, he was here just to tell me there's a leak and asked for his $60. He told me he gets paid just to knock on the door. I called Allied to ask why the $60 was needed and they said it's just to come out to the home. Also, Allied Home Warranty will only cover the leaky pipe, not the thousands of dollars it will cost to cut through the ceiling and repair the ceiling. Allied Home Warranty is a total rip off with bad customer service. The vendor they sent was NRG Reliant here in Houston, Tx. Both of these companies were a complete waste of time. I don't recommend either of them.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

This company is a scam. Allied Warranty is awful! They have all kind of hints rules which never mentioned to their clients up front when their clients are trying to purchase home warranty. I bought home warranty from Allied on 8/11/17. On their contract for AC service and warranty, if their client’s AC goes out, they will pay up until $1500 to replace parts such as evaporation coil. And their deductible is $60 fee each time you call to get anything check out if anything on their brochure goes out/broken. I called in yesterday at around 3pm and asked to get someone out to my home to check because I AC didn't put out cold air.

Customer services told me, they can't get anyone out on Friday because they were booked. Ok, I asked for the service for Saturday and they told me the deductible is $120 for Saturday and $200 for Sunday. These fees were never in the contract or neither the representative who was selling the contract to me, to let me know. Ok, so I told them I was never inform of such fee beside $60. This is one of the hints fees that never inform to their clients up front. Technician came out and found that my evaporator coil is leaked and need to be replaced. My AC was still under warranty from the manufacturer but the labor cost is $1150. And they told me the $1500 their brochure which use to pay for their client AC unit if any parts go out, they would pay up until $1500. They told me, in my case, this $1500 is not applied to my case because I still have the warranty from the manufacturer.

Where did they say that on their rules? What's the point to buy home warranty from them when you need them, they will try every single way to make it the owner’s fault so they don't have to pay for it! What kind of business are they running?! This is a scam! So I'm paying to get their home warranty and pairs for deductible and I have to pay for me own repair with the unit?! Then what on earth should I pay them for?! How did they get an A rating on BBB? If you google Allied Warranty, their reviews are all in D!!

Awful business! Customer services are suck!! Please please, you hear me?! DO NOT waste your time and money doing business with this company! Please do not make the same mistake as me, not only waste your money, and your time but also you'll get all the headache not needed. Take it from an experienced person like me. If you want to know more about this company, you can contact me at **. I'll be gladly help you avoid this headache???!!!

I also was told that Allied Warranty trained their technicians to always find or put a false findings when they go to their clients’ places to check out broken units so that they can make the clients pay for it. Yes, I got this from a trust and inside source when I got the technician to come out and they gave me this hints. What kind an awful business this can be?! #Noalliedwarranty. #Alliedsuck. #Alliedbusinessawful. #Alliedlies. #Donotdobusinesswithalliedwarranty. #Donotdobusinesswithallied. #Alliedawful. #Alliedbusinesssucks. #Alliedbusinesssuck.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allied Home Warranty?

Original review: July 28, 2017

I had the policy for a little over a year when my A/C was not cooling upstairs. My unit is about 15 years old and I live in Houston TX. I had 3 different companies come out and take a look 14k, 12k, and 8k for an all new system. After all 3 said the same thing I called Allied. They sent out a guy that said it was just a bad house design. Yes just a bad house design. FYI my house was built in 2002 and they were not going to cover anything because it was not covered in the policy. When asked the lady she told me "Nothing is covered. We just tell customers that in-order for them to sign up." She also said "Don’t feel bad. We'll never approve anything that we don’t have to and hope the customer does not follow thru." In other words save your money and go somewhere else.

Original review: July 1, 2017

First experience was kitchen drain plugged. Paid the $60 fee. Everything was good. 2nd call was bedroom AC and the company said it could not be repaired so that was not covered and therefore replacement cost was over $4000. Just made 3rd call for water leak in wall behind washing machine. Made call on Friday after the leak was discovered. Was told the plumber would contact me on Monday. No call or at least no message was left. Wednesday I called Allied about no contact from plumber. Was told they had called but I never answered. Was told they had opening for Friday 11AM. By 3PM NO SHOW. Called about this no show and was told that they had made 3 courtesy calls which none showed up on the cell phone as message, no missed calls or recent calls. Was told that earliest reschedule was following Thursday.

I explained that this leak was bad enough that it was now coming up through Laminate Flooring and that I had turned off water at the city meter. Then was told that even Monday JULY 4TH that they were booked up. They finally agreed to let me get outside Plumbing Company and they would reimburse me but only the amount that they would pay their Plumbing Company. I had to make sure that the Plumbing Company met all their requirements and that I called Allied before they make the repair.

My Plumbing Co. could not come out until this morning which is Saturday leaving me without water. I had to break out wall, cut copper pipe and put brass coupling with a cap to have water until the plumbers show up today to make repairs. Not only will I not recommend them, I'm going to get a different Home Warranty Co. and contact my title company about the dissatisfaction with their choice of Allied Home Warranty for their customers. I was not given an Order No# so I cannot enter one in this complaint.

Original review: June 16, 2017

We have Allied for our AC/heating unit through our energy provider. The coverage includes two "seasonal tune-ups". They came out today and told us our coil needed to be cleaned, but our policy doesn't cover that. I called to ask why the cleaning wouldn't be included in a tune-up and was told by Allied that the tune-up only includes a visual inspection. Nowhere in their contract does it specify this (or specifically exclude anything either) so I feel this is a deceptive practice. The total charge for the visit was only $75 - I paid $60 of that. For $60 I could have had a contractor come out and clean the coil! I also asked if the system would be replaced by our policy if there was an issue and was told no, they only cover the specific parts that fail. So basically this policy is a waste of money!

Original review: May 24, 2017

I have zero experience with home warranty companies prior to two years ago so don't know if this is normal behavior in home warranty companies or not but do have many years' business experience in which the level of service, communication, and customer care exhibited to me by this company are completely unacceptable. First experience was a garbage disposal and everything went well. Filed a claim, received a contact number for a contractor, contractor called and arranged an appointment, contractor showed up as scheduled, paid my $60 fee, disposal was repaired/replaced, shook hands and parted way.

Second experience was a little different. Filed a claim for smoking and leaking pool heater. Received confirmation email, received contractor contact e-mail, Contractor called and said he was in the area so would drop by, contractor and assistant arrived, paid $60 fee, contractor spent 5 minutes looking at the unit and said it needed to be replaced, I asked what that would run and was told the replacement was completely covered with the exception of having to pay for new gas piping which would be a few hundred dollars, shook hands and they left. The next day I called the contractor to follow up and was told they were waiting for replacement authorization. One week later called Allied and was told the replacement was authorized and the contractor would be contacting me to arrange a delivery date. A week later I called the contractor to check status and was told the unit had been ordered and was shipping from California.

A week later called to check again and was told the unit had been damaged and another had to be ordered. After another week I was contacted by the warranty company and was told that everything was ready and that my part of the repair cost was $2,400 and asked if I wanted to proceed with the repair. I had to talk to my wife and told them I would call back. At that time I started looking at replacement costs and found I could purchase a replacement unit of the same model for $1,250 and have installed for $500 OR I could have the leaking manifold replaced for $500. I called Allied and told them what I had found and asked why the cost they quoted was so much higher and was told the cost they had quoted was the cost through their distributor.

I then asked why we couldn't just replace the leaking manifold which was what my original issue was and was told the contractor didn't look at the manifold and would have to make another trip to our home and I would be required to pay an additional $60. I told the agent that was ridiculous and totally unacceptable. I asked about having a local company make the repair and them reimburse the amount they would pay and was told they couldn't because they were selective in the companies they contracted with to ensure quality work, In the end I purchased a manifold and had a local pool repair company make the repair at my own expense. Chalked it up to a learning experience and something to take into account when looking a new company if I decided to switch.

Third experience was just this week. Hot water heater kept going out and appeared to be leaking water. Filed an online claim, received email thanking me for the claim, received an email from Jesus ** telling me a $60 feel would be due to the contractor and that I would receive an email assigning the contractor within 4 hours, later received an email from "service" stating a contractor would be contacting me but that if in 4 hours I hadn't been contacted or received an email that I needed to call them and tell them they had not assigned a contractor, (I was like, WHAT?), I received no email or contact and needed hot water so went ahead and had the unit repaired. Issue closed, right? Not even! Several days later received an email asking me to provide feedback on my recent experience. I was delighted to see the scale went from 0-10 instead of 1-10.

I made the mistake of assuming they wanted me to be honest so completed the review appropriately. No contractor assigned, No service performed, No follow up from Allied, zero satisfaction level, zero intention of recommending the company to my friends, and zero intention of renewing my contract. I finally got a response from the company. Within two hours received a call about my review and was lectured by the young lady about me not giving them a chance to perform the service. I informed her that I had but they chose to not give a crap and ignored my request. She stated that was not the case at all and that I had a contractual responsibility to contact them and tell them they had not assigned a contractor and they could find no record of me calling them. I explained that I had not called but had the problem taken care of myself since they didn't seem to give a crap about my initial claim.

Her response was that this was not the case and that if I had simply contacted them it would have been taken care of. I disagreed. At that point I was lectured on the fact that I wasn't a licensed plumber so couldn't make the repairs myself and that she couldn't find any record of me submitting invoices for reimbursement, (please note that in the second example it was clearly spelled out to me that submitting invoices for reimbursement was not permitted). I explained to the young lady that there were no invoices submitted because I had no intention of doing so up to that time. Had considered the issue closed, and they wouldn't have heard a word from me on the claim but I received a customer satisfaction survey and I couldn't lie on the survey.

To sum up my experience with this company I would say if a person was unable to change a light bulb on by themselves and needed someone who could handle lower level repairs they would probably be a good choice but, in my opinion, if a person were looking for something more significant like handling repairs on larger items they are not the one I will choose in the future.

Sadly, their response to the survey was not about customer care, as they appeared to still not care about whether my issue was corrected or not, but was 100% about them receiving a poor review. Honestly though I still probably wouldn't have written a review if the "customer service" lady hadn't called to lecture and help me understand just how wrong I was.

Original review: March 21, 2017

I have had Allied Home Warranty for 3 years. It is time to kick them to the curb. Every time I have them out to check or replace something the amount of money they want is ridiculous! They soaked me over $1,400 for a new hot water heater. Their contract makes it sound like you only pay $60.00 and that is it. Not the case. They come up with all these excuses why you need to pay for items i.e. not covered under warranty, additional fee to haul away. They replaced my A/C unit also - had them out 3 times after replacement because it malfunctioned.

Updated on 07/31/2017: So, today was the day I finally got rid of Allied Home Warranty. The only issue was I cancelled my policy today but they already took it out of my checking account. When I spoke to the person he stated I had to pay $25.00 cancellation and one day of service. Not my fault they took it out of my account yesterday and not today. The worst part is they will not be refunding me my money for 4 to 6 weeks and it will be mailed to me. This is **.

Allied Home Warranty Company Information