Henry Ford Hospital

Detroit, MI

Compare Hospitals

Research top Hospitals recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I came to the hospital for a very basic checkup of my eye that had been injured by a protester at the republican national convention. The first bad impression I got of this hospital on West Grand Boulevard in Detroit, Michigan was I had to pay for parking for the emergency parking lot... not very courteous. Then the wild goose chase of the intake process was very disrespectful and disorganized. The people at the front of the ER intake windows were not helpful and treated me like less than a human being. Then I was put in a waiting room for over 3 hours then I was shifted to another room for over 4 hours. Ridiculous. Completely disorganized and subhuman. Also loud talking employees in the hallways. Seems like a third world hospital who has no real regard for human dignity and respect.

My sister was hospitalized here on Friday for possible suicide attempt. She has a psychiatric record there. Family requested multiple times she be sent to a psych facility. On Sunday they were shipping her home in a cab without notifying any family. My sister committed suicide that night only a few hours after being discharged. Pure negligence from this hospital and the psych doctors. Now I'm grieving the loss of my 26 yr old sister who just needed the right help. The hospital and the mental health help in this country failed my sister and my family. They deserve negative stars!!!

My mother was admitted and treated to Henry Ford Hospital in West Bloomfield, Michigan recently. Upon release, we told that she would be taken to Canterbury on the Lake, a rehab facility in Waterford, Michigan, less than 30 miles away and close to our home. I suggested that I could come get her and deliver her to that facility. The "people" that worked there told me that would be unnecessary. They had a service that could do that. Mind you, my mother was in need of NO special services; life support, traction, oxygen, etc. Just a little help getting into the vehicle and a ride.

Superior Ambulance Service was the service provider Henry Ford referred my mother to. We were not given a choice. To take my mother less than 30 miles without ANY special care or services, the bill exceeded $900.00 + a mileage fee of almost 200.00. This is a blatant abuse of the system, anyway you cut it. Our cost is a $100.00 or so out of pocket. So we should be happy right? Yet I just learned our insurance premiums are going to up over 50% again next year. Wonder why? This was not an emergency, no hurry. Is this a kickback relationship or is this accepted practice? What a gift my insurance company and possibly Medicare provide to the people involved in this fraud! I am so sickened by this situation that I want to do something, or talk to somebody, or sue or something to stop robbers like this. This is criminal behavior!

I've been dealing with an excruciatingly painful condition and have already seen TEN different HFHS physicians with NO avail, no long term management, no plan (promised plans are consistently broken) and NO responsibility. If one more physician literally tells me to go BACK to the ER for help, or for the ER to refer back, vice versa and vice versa, I seriously can't even take it anymore.

It all started about a year ago when I was initially misdiagnosed as having Interstitial Cystitis. Then... after countless attempts to receive help from the ER when I'd be screaming and shaking in such extreme pain I thought I was dying, I would maybe see a nurse twice during the many hours spent there, thus screaming and crying in pain again having to leave and go to UofM where they took me seriously. Then, I had a laparoscopy with removal of some Endometriosis. I was still in pain and the OBGYN instructed me to drive 20+ miles to go to the ER (even with post surgical pain) as it was "no longer within" his "scope".

More ER visits to the point where I finally packed a bag and told them I wouldn't leave until a plan was put in place to appropriate diagnose, treat and insisted on a plan to be put in place so I wouldn't have to go to the ER. Kept me overnight in Observation only to be met by a Pain Management Dr who spent less than 5 min with me, gave NO examination, asked NO questions in regards to the pain experiencing and just remarked on how high of levels of pain meds I needed to be on - uh yeah! Kinda why I needed help. Made a promise to at least manage the pain until I could get in with a specialist (in August), then come to find out he refuses to help - along with his staff - due to a non-fact based, biased and COMPLETELY inaccurate recommendation.

I am still in EXCRUCIATING pain and have nowhere else to go! Henry Ford Hospital - your ER doctors even mistook me for the wrong patient for hours (downtown ER early June) and also promised to admit me for either pain relief or my Endometriosis only to be kicked out at 1 am. I CANNOT believe Dr's like this even exist?!? What does a girl need to do to finally obtain the medical help she desperately needs??? Oh and BTW, UofM actually caught cysts/fibroids that you never did. Additionally, how is it possible to have SO many physicians completely clueless about Endometriosis and the severe pain it causes??? Unbelievable!!!

My husband visited the HFHS ED West Bloomfield on 3/19. It was the worst experience ever. Being a former HFHS employee, and former ED RN, current CVICU RN. I was totally turned off by the employees, starting with the receptionist. DR ** the ED physician had to be the most incompetent ever. My husband blood glucose was 351, Sodium 123, With a weight loss of 30 lbs 3 weeks. My husband was discharged home. These levels are all near critical levels. No regular insulin was given, only a NS bolus 1L given. The PA on duty was very rude. Waited 15 minutes for a pillow! Yes you are nestled in the affluent suburbs of Detroit, but your care sucks! Waiting for my survey. Being a former employee, I know the standard of care. I have written emails to Wyandotte HFHS, because of their superb care to our family. HFHS is renowned for "THE EXPERIENCE". West Bloomfield you suck!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Henry Ford Hospital?

Second time being admitted in this hospital for breathing problems. The ER diagnosed me with one thing, the ICU with other, and then the inexperienced Intern with another diagnosis. The Intern that was assigned to me even called a ultrasound of one body part another, and almost became controversial when corrected. Needless to say I was discharged without the proper medicine and treated for pneumonia, which was not the case. I await the bill to see how many visit from the so-called doctor I will be charges.

Now again, I'm back here with the exact same issues 4 days later, and confirmed by the ER doctor that what they treated me for was incorrect. Moved to the 5th floor. Told I would have a private room. Again, NOT true. The nurse called the on call doctor at 5:30 a.m. Here it is 9 a.m. NO DOCTOR. Wheezing, and have not received any of my morning meds that are daily necessary. And they wonder why my blood sugar are high. Is this hospital racist? I work. I have insurance that I pay for, no government assistance. But if I was, you should treat every patient the same. Now intern are in here seeing the patient next to me. I will definitely be looking for another hospital.

My husband went in for a colonoscopy and soon as he woke up was ask to go sit in a wheelchair as they needed his spot. They had patients on gurneys in front and on the side of the nurses station. My husband walked out. He was not wheeled out to the car. We have never been treated like this before in other hospitals.

Henry Ford and Low Cortisol Levels with NOTHING DONE? I went to Henry Ford for an evaluation thinking I could get more than my current doctor who said, "why would I evaluated every fat person that comes in here?" According to many the doctors do not like endocrine problems and stay away from them more than help. So many of you walking around overweight probably have pituitary tumors, but why look, it costs money.

After all of the symptoms and the basic blood tests, (it should be a clinical diagnosis and doesn't always show up, according to one of their fellows (higher up) I asked why not an MRI to rule out the tumor and she said, "well, everyone has tumors, but not the problem." Well, I have the symptoms of bigger shoe size, larger hands (like over night), stress related serious problems (worried about my heart), weight from a women's size 3 to a 12 in five years, and my legs which have always been quite large. Thighs have gotten smaller and my belly bigger.

I had breast surgery to reduce the over a few month increase from size C to a size and back surgery, now reduced to a C by surgery. All of these things should say something. Dr. ** first took almost two months to call on basic blood work. The first visit, there was a phone call after repeatedly getting up and leaving the room to address others waiting I guess. And then finally a professional came and said, "you have someone waiting", and she just left and said, "I think I have enough." You spend all of these medical dollars and this is what we get.

A big beautiful building, chairs, some pretty lights and a doctor who has a nice house, the private schools for their kids, the inground pool, the vacations to the Islands and we're left with "just a minute". We are paying these knuckleheads bills. WE ALL NEED TO STOP THIS NONSENSE BETWEEN THE MEDICAL MESS OF NOT TREATING ANYONE AND THE OVER TREATMENT AND KILLING OTHERS. So what if you shop for a doctor. If there are doctors that could do the job, people would not have to doctor shop. What happened to second opinions. Outrageous to the person who was accused of this. That is lawsuit worthy when a doctor says that. It was obviously in the E records and I would file in court. There would be no way of her knowing anything unless she looked at the new record system.

I've been sitting here in ICU with my daughter since yesterday afternoon. It is 8:30 am. I have barely seen a nurse and when I do she is telling us different from the last nurse! EXTREMELY disappointed! Waited over an hour after my daughter call the nurse's station for migraine medication. Very poor care!

Still being very weak and sick, she was moved to the 5th floor for recovery. She was put into a room with a women with mental problems. My wife was still so weak, she was still not able to walk or defend herself. I called and asked if they had any procedure for how they matched roommates. I was put on hold for the charge nurse who never answered. My wife had pneumonia, a heart procedure and was on a ventilator for 5 days. This after only 2 days off the ventilator. The doctors and the 3rd floor were great, but it was like a whole different hospital 2 floors up. I am very worried about the lack of concern.

I went to Providence Hospital Urgent Care after slipping on ice where they confirmed fractured ankle. Since it was Sunday afternoon, casting department was closed and I could call Monday to schedule appointment with Othopedic doctor. Being unemployed and with no medical coverage I shopped around to find best price for the unemployed, uninsured, and self-pay. Henry Ford Hospital's pricing quote to see orthopedic, X-Rays, cast and follow up was $366; broken up into four payments with $91.50 due up front and three remaining payments of $91.50. Based upon the pricing and repayment agreement I proceeded with treatment.

Nine month later I received a bill from Henry Ford Hospital in the amount of $1700, which is suppose to be 45% no insurance discount. Despite countless letters, hours of phone calls to their billing Gods, the doctor, pricing, and records; the bill is still owed and I continue to fight to resolve. They have refused to provide me a copy of statements that were added to my medical records indicating price that was quoted, as well as the payment arrangements.

An associate in the Pricing department informed me that she was prohibited from providing me a copy of the agreement, and that I should contact the records department. Records department sent me through all kinds of hassle about permission to release my records to myself; but I played along and went down to main campus on the boulevard and signed to have my records released to me.

Instead of Records providing a copy of the statement added by Pricing regarding the agreement, they only provided a copy of appointments dates when confronted about notes taken by the receptionist when I arrived for my appointment, notes from the nurse that checked me in, notes taken by the student doctor and the orthopedic doctor; whom any of them could confirmed my conversation about charges.

Going on two years later, I now have insurance through Health Marketplace, but am still unemployed and unable to pay Henry Ford Hospital money. I don't feel I owe them. As a result, they have blocked me from making further appointments, including with my primary care doctor, and health maintenance care such as annual mammogram and physical exam. Since I purchase HAP that has to be used at Henry Ford Health, I am once again without medical coverage due to not permitted change medical plans until the end of the year.

Despite the billions of dollars Henry Ford Hospital receives from federal and state agencies, and insurance companies; believe it, that they are embezzling millions more by over inflating charges for treating patients with no insurance in emergency rooms and office visits. Therefore; the charges they are writing off to IRS for non-payment are falsified as a result of being grossly over-inflated; as in my case.

The first mistake Henry Ford Hospital made is to assume that an unemployed African American without insurance so they assumed I wasn't going to pay. They took advantage of that fact and felt confident they could jack up the price of treatment as much as they like because they figured it was just going to be written off. The third mistake Henry Ford Hospital made is to overlook the 40 continuous years I've been a Henry Ford patient and have always paid what I owed.

I have already selected my new primary care doctor at Botsford Hospital, and hope to work with HAP and Health Marketplace to reassign my health coverage for now. Henry Ford Hospital is no better than Dr. Fata; Greed is Greed whether treating and billing patients for cancer that they never had, or whether over-inflation of charges then trying to hide the fact. I have notified Medicare and other federal agencies about fraudulence and pushing for a full audit of Henry Ford Hospital patient billing.

Very, extremely and unpleasantly slow. Ask questions more than needed and don't move fast enough for patients that need it. Rooms and bed availability is beyond poor. Waiting emergency room nasty and overcrowded... so unclean you don't want to wait to be seen as well as the triage and front desk clerks' attitudes are so unprofessional. I went to see my mother in the emergency triage and the clerk ask me if I wanted her to get my mom to come to the door.

I visited Henry Ford Health System Ophthalmology Clinic at 6530 Farmington Road this morning (January 27, 2015) and had the usual pleasant experience. On my way out of the facility I decided to try to check my weight as I am a diabetic and seem to be losing weight recently. I had my last check-up in December 2014 and did not want to wait for my next check-up (months from now) to know if I am in fact losing weight and should consult my primary care physician.

I have been receiving all my health care from Henry Ford Health System since arriving in Michigan in 1993. I have Health Alliance Plan and pay close to $500 a month for my insurance. My employer (University of Michigan) pays at least thrice that amount per month. I did not think that a few seconds on a scale just to check my weight without first making an appointment with a doctor or nurse and paying a fee was too much to ask -- but it was for Henry Ford Health System. Both the Dermatology Department and the Internal Medicine Department in the same building as Ophthalmology refused to allow me to step on the scale to check my weight but it was the behavior of the staff of the Dermatology department that I would like to bring to the attention of the Henry Ford Health System.

One of the nurses quickly informed me that the room in which the scale was located was being used for patients. It was obvious that this individual, for reasons best known to her did not want to provide me with a few seconds on the scale so that I can determine my weight. I was willing to wait if asked to do so and to provide evidence of my patient status and that I just attended the eye clinic in the same building. My common sense tells me that since it is an out-patient clinic, there must a window of opportunity when no patient is in the room if this nurse wanted to be helpful. Instead I was summarily dismissed without a flicker of conscience about the utter mean-spiritedness of this denial. I even wondered whether it was selective and based on stereotypical beliefs about people of my racial background. One of the receptionists suggested that I try Internal Medicine in the same building, which I did.

The receptionist in Internal Medicine was kind, courteous and friendly as one would expect in such an environment. She took the time to explain to me that I would need to make an appointment with the nurse and asked me if I wanted to make one. I explained to her that I was only making the request because I had visited the facility for my annual eye exam and did not expect it would be too much to ask to be able to check my weight. I appreciated her honesty and sincerity.

On my way out of the facility I decided to let Henry Ford Health System know, in case they care to know, how it feels to be treated in this way. I returned to Dermatology to ask whether the nurse would care to provide me with her name. The receptionist went inside, then returned and told me that the supervisor would call me if I gave her my phone number, which I did. When I returned home I received a message on my machine from someone who gave her name as Sherry from Dermatology and stated that she had been asked to call me. Her tone was just as haughty and dismissive as the nurse from Dermatology so I decided to save myself the aggravation of speaking with her and search the web for another method to contact Henry Ford Health System. Something is very wrong with the customer service climate in the Dermatology department and I sincerely hope that I do not have to visit that department again.

If there is a policy against allowing patients without appointments to step on the scale to determine their weight then please let the public know so that informed choices could be made about health service providers.

On 06-07-14 My Husband had a Breakdown. I was told to take him to Mclaren Hospital to have his vitals checked. Had to be admitted into the Henry Ford hospital. His official diagnosis is 100% psychosis. He has been a threat to himself and others. While I thought he was being treated, I consulted with the V.A. to ensure his care. While in the Henry Ford hospital, he did call home and make threats not only to me but to other patients and staff, which was overheard by the staff there.

06-10-14 They called me to make me aware of his plans to murder me and my family. I will leave out the names of the people who tried to help me because I believe Dr. ** would cause them to lose their jobs. I had a meeting with her on 06-11-14. My Husband was an emotional mess. After all the work the V.A. went thru to accommodate Gerry, Dr. ** refused to fill out V.A. paperwork so he could be transported without upsetting him. Instead Dr. ** insisted on sending him home in a cab! -- saying he hasn't shown any aggression, 06-19-14, at Henry Ford Hospital, without any regard for Anyone's Safety! Gerald does not even know where we live. I am waiting for him as I write this letter. The Sheriff had to bring him home.

I went to Henry Ford as a new patient. I brought all of my medical records and tests results for the last 20 years. I have numerous physical and emotional problems resulting from years of hard work and abuse. Instead of listening to my problems and reading the medical records, the doctor accused me of doctor shopping, asked me where I bought my pain medication on the street, and did her best to humiliate me. I was shocked. I have been receiving pain medication for years, and instead of looking at the records, she asked me if purchased them on the street and enjoyed harassing me. She showed no concern for how I felt about what she said and seemed really proud of her insults to me.

I told her I found her accusations insulting and she did not apologize and asked more questions taking pleasure in her abuse and neglect of me - the patient. I left and returned asking her to put it in writing she made such an accusation. She refused to put her accusation in writing. I believe if such an accusation is going to be made, she should have put it in writing so it could have been brought to a malpractice lawyer. Her behavior was highly uncalled for. I do not recommend Henry Ford if you have a real problem.

After reading the other complaints on this site, I can see the place is so big no one knows what the other doctor is doing, and other people have been verbally abused or ignored as I was. I have never had a doctor ask me if I purchased street drugs to supplement my prescription medications in such a way. It is insulting. This type of behavior is not medical care, it is a police action to deprive someone of medical care. I hate seeing my insurance company pay for the lack of service I received today. I will be billed over 200 dollars for hospital harassment since I take pain meds for being an old lady.

This is not funny and she was laughing under her smug smile the entire time. She thought the whole thing was funny. I am going to request Henry Ford not be paid for the office visit since no exchange of medical information was made, instead she was acting like a cop looking for drug abuse information instead of caring for the patient. How disgusting. Be warned if you want health care, real health care, the staff I have met at Henry Ford are only concerned with trying to arrest druggies, not care for the patient's health. I am extremely disappointed with the service and hope to want new patients away. If you want to be truly cared for, do not bother going to Henry Ford.

On April 30, 2013, I went to Henry Ford Hospital downtown for an orthopedic 2nd evaluation by Dr. **. During the consult, she told me she spoke to Dr. ** and the Cleveland doctor who I had not seen in over a year and was not treating with about my medical condition. I told her she had no right to talk to any doctor without my permission and she said, "You are right."

I notified Henry Ford and when their Privacy officer contacted Dr. ** and interviewed her, I found out not only was her consultation not in her office but at a party for Orthopedic surgeons. This was just chit chat between two friends and had nothing to do with any treatment as Dr. ** had told me in Feb. she was not going to operate so why in March, at this conference with a doctor I had not seen in more than a year talking without permission to a doctor who had not treated me in over a year.

Dr. ** admitted she violated Hippa and when asked about that statement, she said she was taken aback by what I had said to her about the violation and her reply was that she agreed because she was so taken back. After being in practice for so many years, she knew exactly what was Hippa protected and I caught her in the violation.

Henry Ford Hospital never bothered to interview her Resident that was in the room the entire time and Henry Ford Hospital is covering up their crimes against a patient and their violations to avoid huge penalties because of their Hippa Violation. Henry Ford needs to pay me since this violation was against me and to be sued by the State of Michigan for violating the Hippa law.

I had a lump on my right butt in July 2012. My physician ordered an ultrasound. I had the ultrasound done in Henry Ford West Bloomfield. Later the doctor told me the results. It is a Hematoma. He advised to not to do anything. After a few months, the lump didn't go and in fact, a few other lumps appeared. Then one of the lump started draining. Then I went to the surgeon and found out it was an abscess and I had a fistula. This ended up in complicated fistula surgery in November 2012. One more surgery a week later. Even today, February 18th, I am not cured of this. I have a seton put and I have hard skin or lump on my butt area. Doctors tried various antibiotics and many CT scans and MRIs. They are not able to diagnose my problem.

For the last three months, I am not able to sit, drive or go to work. I believe the initial diagnosis or reading of ultrasound was wrong. Had I found out that it is an abscess earlier, this would have been cured earlier. I lost faith in the imaging department in West Bloomfield HFHS.

I suffer from Fibromyalgia really bad. I had been trying to get my disability forms filled out by my doctor. He stated he wasn't part of my treatment so I had to give them to my pain management doctor. I took it to them and they said no as my internal medicine doctor had to fill them out. So I went back there. Once again, my doctor said no. Then they sent me to a rheumatology doctor. They said no because I didn't need to be treated by them. Basically, Henry Ford Hospital has been giving me the runaround. I made a complaint through patient advocate. I haven't heard anything else from them about this issue. This been going on for four months, so I feel like I'm being discriminated against.

My complaint is minor compared to others that I have read on this site, but it does testify to the incompetence of this medical center. Again and again, I have told them why my insurance company is rejecting this $150 claim (a billing code of miscellaneous is being used, apparently), and again and again HF bills me. I've established three times with my insurance company (including before I even took the class) that I am covered for a smoking cessation class. I know that HF thinks they can do what they want and it'll be my problem. I'll be reported to a collection agency or whatever (this has never happened to me, actually).

But what's funny is this: as my reward for quitting smoking, I gave myself a present of a Restylane treatment (like Botox), and I paid $500 out of my pocket, had it done at HF, and I started saving for my next treatment. But now, I wouldn't go to Henry Ford to have a splinter removed. I can't believe someone's running a company like this! You run off paying customers?

My wife has been seeing Dr. ** for about four years now. He prescribed 150mg Fetinal patches, 100mg Morphine and 30mg of Oxicodine for all this time. Something happened and he quit. Now, his associate, Dr. **, here in Warren, MI refused to give my wife her prescriptions. She gave her everything except the Oxicodine. Now, my wife is very sick. She has Scleroderma Lupus and severe Raynud's and three other diseases. I'm not very happy with your replacement. What are you going to do about this? My wife is going to go through DTS soon. I will get a lawyer if I don't hear from you soon.

I received a set of epidural injections from a HFMC doctor who was inexperienced and damaged my nervous system with the injections. My right hip and buttock have been in pain for a month after a steroid injection. I have had multiple injections previously and never had any problems. Due to my history with HFMC, I find most of their administration and doctors to be incompetent. The 2nd set of epidurals they gave me, they never even numbed the skin first. Unbelievable!

My brother is in a hospice, dying soon of terminal lung cancer. Henry Ford Health System handed over co-pay debt to collection agency. My brother answers calls and tries to speak while on morphine and is hardly breathing with part of his right lung. Left lung is filled with cancer. Surely the Henry Ford Health System made enough money off my brother! And they could not save his life.

My wife had a hand cut and had several appointments with him. This person is neither knowledgeable nor friendly. My wife asked him several questions. He just said, "I do not know. If I know everything, I will buy lottery," something like that. I have never had such bad experience with somebody I paid. Yes, I did meet some good doctors in Henry Ford but definitely not this person. This person does not qualify for his job. If he has no experience with this kind of case, why not just say: I have no experience, please find somebody else? He just wasted us a couple of weeks, which is valuable for us to make a decision and money from us and our insurance company. We already switched to a "real" doctor and got very well treatment and confirmed the situation is very good. We are lucky that we made a right decision!

I took an overdose of pain medication and then vomited up the pills and stupidly called 911. I have a detailed complaint that I am sending to various executive staff at these facilities as well as State of Michigan agencies including our attorney general. I was held against my will in the ER, stripped and forced to sit almost naked on a gurney in a public hallway, they forcible took my cell phone away from me so I could not call anyone and refused to call anyone for me. I was threatened physically by a nurse and forced into treatment against my will and without informed consent. After I was transported to the psychiatric facility, I was lied to by the psychiatrist and he said I had to be committed and at that time, I honestly believed what I did was a crime and I had no rights. I was coerced into signing the voluntary commitment form and later found out that I in fact had rights, but never at any time did anyone offer or explain my rights to me.

I was strip-searched and that was extremely violating to me since I have been physically and sexually assaulted in the past. I demanded a copy of the form I signed and discovered it was in fact voluntary and complained about it. I was told that they would take me in front of a judge and they would make sure I didn't get out anytime soon. I was also told by a ward employee that since I was there due to a suicide attempt, I deserved to be locked up and that I should be lucky it was not involuntary because they could make things much worse for me. There were multiple people who threatened me with my freedom and they forced me to take drugs and coerced me into signing a consent form for the drugs.

I was never given my right to inform consent on anything or my right to be a part of my treatment decisions. After I was committed, they gave me a pamphlet from the State of Michigan that briefly describes my rights but anytime I asked about them, they threatened me. Even their patient rights adviser has ignored my complaints. The conditions in this psych facility are very bad.

I had surgery on my left kidney (May 20, 2008)to remove a tumor, and in the process the entire muscle in my back on the right side was damaged.The surgery was performed robotically and I agreed to allow Dr.Rogers to show my surgery(via closed circuit)to a conference of doctors to promote the robot. During several consultations Dr.Rogers informed me of scar tissue that may or may not cause a problem. Furthermore, if this tissue was a problem,he would stop the surgery,awaken me and schedule the surgery for another day. The surgery would then be performed entering my body from a different angle and not through the stomach.

However, once on the table and no one to protest or complain, Dr.Rogers change his train of thought and went ahead with the surgery.I was in surgery for over seven (7) hours and thats where all the damage occured.

I couldn't walk for two(2)days,I was disabled for four(4) months and I still am unable to go back to work full time,my sex life has suffered.I have exhausted all my savings,my home is in foreclosure,my health insurance is about to expire.

I was pregnant with my first child, went to a scheduled appt on Monday Dec1 for Ultra sound to determine sex of my baby, nurses noticed a concern, referred me to Henry Ford Hospital for surgery to stitch up my cervix that was opened, 3 suggested surgery 1 said not necessary gave suppository.

instead, came back to Henry Ford Thur night with pain and bleeding, cervix was dialated to 4, unable to stop contractions, my baby boy was born Friday morning 2:41AM with pre-mature complications no doctor could explain!

My son died at 4:06AM

I was five months pregnant with my first child and the emotional and physical distress that this entire medical process has caused is NOT ACCEPTABLE! The emotional stress alone with irreversible results of knowing that my son should not have died has me in unimaginable outrage and Henry Ford Hospital is going to answer for it!

I went to Henry Ford Medical Center in West Bloomfield after work because several of my co-workers were wondering what was wrong with me because the glands in neck were swollen. I noticed the swelling the day before but didn't think anything of it because I had to other symptoms and I had a doctors appt. with my primary care doctor. that day Tuesday, Nov. 16, 2005.

Well, my doctor's office called me at work becasue my doctor had jury duty and he was not going to be in the office.

Thus, I went to HFMC just to make sure I didn't have anything contagious.

The doctor just looked at me and said the glands that were swollen were my salivary glands and i didn't have anything to worry about. But I was still worried because he didn't take blood or urine sample to really give me a correct diagnosis.

HFMC billed my insurance company for using their emergency facility for a non-emergency visit. Thus, my insurance company refused to pay the bill. I was billed $100.00 and $285.00 for a total of $350.00.

Henry Ford Hospital Company Profile