2.7/5 (1388 ratings)
Find a Real Estate Websites partner

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

About Zillow.com

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

Zillow.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?

Original review: June 6, 2022

I was told by the salesperson with Zillow that I would receive 12-13 leads per month. She said this on several occasions. Guess what didn't even come close to happening. I got about 8 a month and the majority were looking for something under $100K. I was paying $751 per month for first position in my area. My advice to all Realtors... Just don't!! This is literally the most expensive, bad decision I have ever made. Please learn from my mistakes. And what other agents say is true, too. You can't get a copy of your recorded call and no one will call you to discuss issues or discrepancies. And you better make double darn sure you call to cancel before your contract expires!!

Original review: April 25, 2022

Listed house For sale on Friday afternoon. It's Monday afternoon and still no listing. No email or note on what's happening. Lost a weekend of Zillow coverage. Listed on Craigslist same time and it was instant! I thought Zillow was a more capable company. I'm looking for competition that more on the ball.. as Zillow is leaving the door open..

Get buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 24, 2022

Zillow charges a prospective tenant $29 to apply for rental units for 30 days but the realtors are so irresponsible that it's impossible to get anywhere. They don't respond to inquiries, don't open applications and don't remove rented listings. Having collected its fee, Zillow maintains that none of this is their problem, and they have no system in place to hold the realtor or owner accountable for incompetence.

Original review: April 19, 2022

Zillow could NOT care less about how they treat YOU as long as YOU pay them their monthly fee for the terrible lead(s). Most of the leads were for $200k or less and were always SLOW to respond when a great house came on the market. They charged me $860 my LAST month with these crooks and got zero leads. I called and asked about my leads. "Some months you don't get any leads," they told me. $860 right out the door!!!!

I refuted the charge and then sent certified mail to all three of their offices in Washington State. They NEVER responded even after Vida **, Zillow Business Consultant, lied to me and then deceived me by not sending me the phone recordings. Finally, Senior Manager, David **, refused a refund even after phone recordings were made and Zillow NEVER responded to my certified letters. Horrible people!!!! Stay away from Zillow leads!!!!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

First & worst experience with Sado ** at Zillow. Let’s begin with the fact that he does not answer the phone, I’ve called numerous times during the Refinancing process & not once has he picked up the phone, I can only get through to him when he needs information from me. Sado was extremely confident with the appraisal being waived. Here is a text directly from Sado regarding the appraisal, "Ok so No Cash to Close, not a penny out of pocket. We're paying off/consolidating the Mortgage and the Main Student Loan of 33k. All in all about 671 as your new Mortgage Payment going forward. All the while, no appraisal needed."

A couple days later it seemed that we needed an appraisal ordered after he stated that it wasn’t needed. He told me that Zillow would waive the $500 appraisal fee. The appraiser popped in & within 2 hours of the appraiser leaving (on a Saturday) I received an email from Sado with the revised docs with a higher estimated payment. My question is how can docs be revised if the appraisal report wasn’t even in yet, I mean the appraiser just left & within 2 hours I get an email with revised docs. I attempted to call Sado several times afterwards & again he Never answers.

I was fed up & switched to another financing company called Octane which gave me a better interest rate & most importantly answers the phone when I call. I proceeded with Octane & terminated the relationship with Zillow. A week later they sent me an email with a $500 appraisal charge. I called Sado (of course no answer). He then texts me apologizing for being busy. I explained why I’m terminating the relationship with Zillow & he then told me that Zillow was only going to roll the Appraisal into the loan when he clearly stated the appraisal would be waived. Sado doesn’t seem to communicate well at all! Telling someone that Zillow would eat the appraisal fee then say it was only going to be rolled into the loan so I wouldn’t need cash to close has deception & scam written all over it. Dalisha **, the underwriter at Zillow also assured me that the appraisal fee was waived. She is another one that does not answer the phone under any circumstances!

I will never again use Zillow for anything in the future. Everything mentioned here is exactly what occurred. I have the entire text thread as evidence yet Zillow keeps denying my review & tells me I should alter it. Zillow, please state which part you find illegal & if it is regarding an appraisal waiver attempt then Sado is guilty. How is it logic for my review to be flagged when this is exactly what happened! If this review isn’t posted I’ll be taking legal action against zillow!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I left an honest review of an agent who never responded to my calls. I used no profanity or personal attacks. I said "she never responded to my calls. I will find another agent in the area to work with, good grief!" WOW! Rejected because it does not follow guidelines. I read guidelines. I did NOT do any of the things they list as not allowed. Bug off, Zillow!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I have been searching for a housemate in any big beautiful historic. I have been advertising on Craigslist for 10 years and got 10 excellent people. SpareRoom referred me to a convicted stalker and had to report it to police. However, SpareRoom wanted to use my name in the complaint. Roommates.com is and Zillow does by give you an opportunity to detail the amenities correctly so I’ve received phone calls, yes phone calls, from completely rude and pushy people. How did they get my phone number. These people are just another corporation looking for a lawsuit. Awful. Awful. Awful.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

The only reason I put one star - there is no negative stars. This is a big scheme. Our office is a real estate office. They talked us into purchasing the leads. Few years back it was making sense. But now.... First of all they lie about market share that you are buying. When we decided to spend $1,000 per month they said that we were buying 30% of market share for a given zip code. So, we were getting some calls until everything came to a halt. We called our rep and he said that we don't have 30% anymore. They said that somebody purchased more. But there was an opportunity to buy more market share and they talked us into spending $1,600/month for 54% of market share. This was automatically putting us into position #1.

Well, few months later our name disappeared again. We called in with the questions and we were told that this market is no longer at 100%. Now it was guaranteed 3 slots at 100% each. After few more sales pitches they talked us into purchasing 70% of market share for $3,200 per month. Few months later our name is again nowhere to be found! So, we called again and this time we are told that this zip code is outperforming and they "ADDED MORE INVENTORY (?????)" and if we wanted to still have our market share/presence we would need to add another $3,000 in addition to $3,200 per month.

Well first of all this is constantly changing rules game/pyramid. But here is the trick how 'MARKET OUTPERFORMING' - they connect us with clients who are trying to buy the property that is already under contract! they also connecting with clients who want to work exclusively with listing agent. There are tons of fake calls/connections. They are connecting with people who already have an agent and their agent simply is out of town today or have a family function and cannot show today. AGENT! DO YOURSELF A FAVOR. SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR SOMETHING ELSE AND IF YOU CURRENTLY HAVE A CONTRACT WITH ZILLOW - RUN! You are wasting your money.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

They blocked my number from the platform so I have no access information to posted listings. I'm a fierce negotiator. I bought a house remotely and the closing was badly handled. 0 star in my records.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

The offer was fair, but their communication is terrible and the way they handled the closing is downright criminal. Closing was scheduled at the time the contract to purchase was signed. They don’t respond to multiple emails, calls and texts for updates over the course of several weeks prior to closing. The week before closing they reach out to schedule the final walkthrough. They schedule it 3 days before closing (because that’s where they could fit it in, keep in mind closing had been scheduled for 5 weeks at this point). They emailed us the afternoon before the walkthrough that if we aren’t completely out of the house by the walkthrough they would hold back $5000.00 the day of closing. There was no way for us with that short of notice to move up the movers. Here we are the night of closing (my husband and I signed our part of the documents at 9 am) and the deed hasn’t been recorded and we have received no money. BEWARE.

Zillow.com author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Zillow was launched by two former Microsoft executives in 2006. It is owned by the Zillow Group and makes a profit by selling ad space on the website and through its partner with U.S. newspapers to provide real estate searches on their websites. Zillow lists all types of real estate available for sale and rent.

• Multiple search areas: Users can search for houses in select neighborhoods or areas simultaneously and exclude all homes listed outside of those areas. Site visitors can circle the area(s) they are interested in on a digital map and then apply filters to homes inside those areas.

• Zillow Digs: Zillow Digs, a portion of Zillow’s website, helps people find design and decoration inspiration. It shows pictures of both interior and exterior spaces and lists prices for materials used as well as an estimate for labor cost.

• Zillow Advice: The Zillow Advice section of the company’s website serves as a forum where individuals can ask and respond to real estate related questions. Users can sort by city or neighborhood to see discussions about problems or trends in their area.

• Sun NumberTM: Those interested in using solar energy will find Zillow’s Sun Number, which is listed on the page for each property. This number tells how well-suited the house is for installing solar panels based on the building type, climate, electricity cost and solar installation cost.

• Zestimate: Each house listed on Zillow has a Zestimate, which estimates the current market value of the house, the amount it could be rented for and whether the value is projected to increase or decrease over the following year.

Zillow.com Company Information