2. Homeowners
  3. Cleaning Services

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.54/5

Banner image

Looking for cleaning services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Banner image

Looking for cleaning services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

You've Got Maids Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about You've Got Maids?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about You've Got Maids?

Original review: April 5, 2020

Had a terrible experience both scheduling and with service. Scheduling was for a Monday. I took off work, only to find they said first thing (8;30) Tues. Took off half day on Tues. Call at 10 when they haven’t shown up. "Sorry again we put a clean ahead of you. So sorry not to have called." As far as cleaning goes, my five year old son does a better job of cleaning his room. One example of many: paid to have inside of cabinets cleaned. Open one day after cleaning and could remove the dirt with my finger. Clearly they did not do, even though I confirmed with supervisor. Bottom line: if you use these guys you only have yourself to blame.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

We hired these people to come in to "deep" clean (for which I paid extra) the week before Thanksgiving as we were having company. When they came to assess the house before they said that it was clean but they would do baseboards, fans, oven and kitchen cupboards. After they said they were done I was asked to go through the house with lead person and make sure everything was satisfactory. Starting in master bathroom I noticed right away they had not cleaned the light fixture above the sink. Excuse was it was too high. In bedroom they did not clean under bed, neither mopping or vacuuming. There is a small area rug which they did not lift up to clean underneath or even vacuum it.

This was the type of cleaning throughout the house. It was either too high to reach or too low to bend over. Needless to say they did a terrible job but as I was going through it with lead person I asked her, "If this is your job and you do it properly why would I have to go through and check that everything is done properly." Now at the beginning of clean they were going on about having their service come on a regular basis and I was thinking about it. I have not heard from them since because they knew I was not impressed by their work. I even forewarned them that their idea of deep clean and mine was probably 2 different opinions. I have to say their clean was not even a good "surface" clean.

Get buying tips about Cleaning Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

We had You've Got Maids (Tacoma/Bellevue) clean our home when we were ready to sell. One of their employees created a large stain on our hardwood floor underneath the oven, which somehow stripped the floor all the way down to bare wood. She wrote a note apologizing, and said she tried to clean it, but it would not come up. When we reported the damage to the company, we got the run around for over two weeks from management. Ultimately, denying they did anything wrong, and not even responding to my final request for some sort of reimbursement of payment for us having to fix the damages done to our floor. I would never recommend this company to anyone, solely due to extremely unprofessional business practice! Horrible experience all around and ended up costing us quite a bit of money!

Original review: April 3, 2018

THIS IS HOW THEY KEEP THEIR FOUR STAR REVIEWS: This has been an absolute nightmare. We hired You've Got Maids out of Orland Park, IL to do a "52 Point Deep Clean" of our home in preparation for guests over for Easter. We also planned on using them for bi-weekly cleans going forward. Upon scheduling our service with Denise **, I was told to provide 3-4 hours for the maids to complete their work. The day they arrived, they were in our home for one hour and 20 minutes, which is verified by our security cameras. I saw that they had left from my online access point of my security cameras and contacted Denise questioning why the girls had already left. She said they finished early because she sent 4 employees instead of her original plan of 3.

After returning home, I confirmed that not only had our home not received a deep cleaning, but it was barely surfaced cleaned. There was also damage done to our furniture including several scratches on our master bedroom nightstand and damaged done to our toilet seat in our powder room. I immediately contacted the office and spoke with Denise ** again, letting her know our home was not deep cleaned and that damages were done to our home. She asked for pictures, which I provided over a dozen. She saw them agreed our home wasn't cleaned and damage was done and someone would be out to reclean our home the next day. She also said they had received previous complaints about one of the employees they sent to our home and that because of my complaint, this employee would be terminated.

I got a call from her about an hour later saying she had no one to clean our home so she would refund us and would send an email confirmation of the transaction. She emailed me that she would refund $300 of the $400 I paid. I told her a partial refund was unacceptable and wouldn't even cover the damages done to our home, and that after further review of our security cameras, we have footage of her maids laughing about not having enough clean rags to clean our home. Our cameras captured one of her employees on a personal phone call on our porch screaming "ARE YOU DEAF! **!" to whoever she was speaking to. Denise said that after seeing that footage, she would refund the full $400. I was satisfied with that.

However, that night I received an email from her with a contract stating she would only refund my money if I signed a contract saying I wouldn't post any reviews of their company and if I did, they would take $1000.00 from me, which I believe is illegal according to the FTC Consumer Review Fairness Act. To be honest, I'd rather risk being out $400 and save fellow consumers from this nightmare. I whole-heartedly believe this is how they avoid negative reviews. I contacted their company headquarters and they stated that since the business is franchised, they couldn't help me. I have since filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and am awaiting the results.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

The cleaning ladies were always on time, and performed an excellent job. They were well trained in how to clean. Sometimes, we had different ladies. The ladies came in and got busy. If I ask for something more than the usual, the ladies did whatever I ask. Once, when there was a death in the family, the ladies prepared potato salad, chicken salad and a cake for our company. We considered the services of the cleaning ladies to be such a luxury, that we would have stopped eating to be able to keep them. It never came to that and we were so thankful. If someone ask me for a recommendation for household chores, we always gave the cleaning company great praise. We hated to move and not be able to use the cleaning service anymore.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

Very useful. Did everything I needed. Answered every question I had. Did everything they could to help my sorry ** figure out how maids even worked. Cleaned the house perfectly, left it spotless. Very friendly, came on time, nothing stolen, followed instructions exactly and without any hint of hesitation. Constantly on time. Never later than expected. They get the job done quickly, cleanly and efficiently. Never fails me. They work very diligently. Great price. The job is done very well every time, never missing a beat. Couldn't get a better value if there was a free maid service out there.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

Very friendly and on time every time. They always do a great job when in the home and respectful. They do great job with all the messes kids leave them and never seem to be upset. Always get out the spots I can't. Best service around. Highly recommend. They always do more than expected and ours even use green products to help save the environment. They finish the job in a timely matter. They never rush through the job, they make sure that they use a green product when in my home since I asked, and have no problem organizing my children's toys. I have never had an issue with the price since the job they do is worth way more than I have ever paid. When you get them you always get more than you pay for.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

The cleaning service was amazing as experience, just select the most popular with the highest reputation and you will be totally satisfied with their work. The girls are very friendly, very well trained, they work together in a timely manner, they follow all your instructions very well and they can be trusted. I was amused of how my household was looking by the end of the day. I hired the service for 4 hours because I considered that was too much to do. These girls are highly trained to do the job, are very responsible with time and everything, I trust them to living alone in the house and not being in the middle but I have pointed before, hired the best Company with the best reputation. What I pay for was widely worthy for the service received, I would not think twice when I need the cleaning service in hiring this Company again and is the only one I can truly recommend.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

Love this service. They were professional. I was pleased with results. Sure I will contact them again. Highly recommended with the services. Great business and no complaints at all. They cleaned everything perfectly, what a great service. Highly Recommended business. You should try it. These are the best cleaning services out there. They were on time arriving and finishing. Everything was done to my pleasure, this service rocks. For price of it, this is the best value you can get guaranteed. If you didn't try it you won't be sorry.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

I love their customer service. Whenever I contact them I get the best service that I expect. I am greeted with warm welcomes and every question is addressed and answered to my liking. Also I recommended this company to a few family and friend members. I usually recommend companies that I have had a great experience with. If I am treated poorly I don't want anyone else to have to go through that so I can honestly say that great customer service mean the world to me.

Time is important so to be punctual says a lot about the character of people and their product and I have received everything in timely matter and I really appreciate every bit of it. My perceived value is what I expect for myself and I value myself Godly therefore I want that back in return. I prefer peaceful and drama free environments so that is what I give off to others.

You've Got Maids author review by ConsumerAffairs

You've Got Maids focuses on cleaning houses and residential spaces, and it has franchises across the United States. You've Got Maids provides rigorous maid training and promises to send homeowners only high-quality, trustworthy cleaners.

• Maid University: You've Got Maids uses a custom education course called Maid University to ensure the people cleaning your house are well-trained and prepared to clean a residential space.

• Ballpark estimator service: The Ballpark Estimator allows customers to enter information about their home and receive a rough estimate of how much a house cleaning will cost.

• Guarantee: The company guarantees to come back and re-clean any area a customer is unhappy with, free of charge.

• Selective hiring process: You've Got Maids is extremely selective in its hiring process and only hires 1 percent of people who apply.

• Management structure: The company has a management structure for quality control where each employee answers to a supervisor, and each supervisor answers to the company's quality-control manager, ensuring high-quality cleaning.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team