4.30/5
Based on 10 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Discover the right cleaning service for you

11 You've Got Maids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 3, 2018

THIS IS HOW THEY KEEP THEIR FOUR STAR REVIEWS: This has been an absolute nightmare. We hired You've Got Maids out of Orland Park, IL to do a "52 Point Deep Clean" of our home in preparation for guests over for Easter. We also planned on using them for bi-weekly cleans going forward. Upon scheduling our service with Denise **, I was told to provide 3-4 hours for the maids to complete their work. The day they arrived, they were in our home for one hour and 20 minutes, which is verified by our security cameras. I saw that they had left from my online access point of my security cameras and contacted Denise questioning why the girls had already left. She said they finished early because she sent 4 employees instead of her original plan of 3.

After returning home, I confirmed that not only had our home not received a deep cleaning, but it was barely surfaced cleaned. There was also damage done to our furniture including several scratches on our master bedroom nightstand and damaged done to our toilet seat in our powder room. I immediately contacted the office and spoke with Denise ** again, letting her know our home was not deep cleaned and that damages were done to our home. She asked for pictures, which I provided over a dozen. She saw them agreed our home wasn't cleaned and damage was done and someone would be out to reclean our home the next day. She also said they had received previous complaints about one of the employees they sent to our home and that because of my complaint, this employee would be terminated.

I got a call from her about an hour later saying she had no one to clean our home so she would refund us and would send an email confirmation of the transaction. She emailed me that she would refund $300 of the $400 I paid. I told her a partial refund was unacceptable and wouldn't even cover the damages done to our home, and that after further review of our security cameras, we have footage of her maids laughing about not having enough clean rags to clean our home. Our cameras captured one of her employees on a personal phone call on our porch screaming "ARE YOU DEAF! **!" to whoever she was speaking to. Denise said that after seeing that footage, she would refund the full $400. I was satisfied with that.

However, that night I received an email from her with a contract stating she would only refund my money if I signed a contract saying I wouldn't post any reviews of their company and if I did, they would take $1000.00 from me, which I believe is illegal according to the FTC Consumer Review Fairness Act. To be honest, I'd rather risk being out $400 and save fellow consumers from this nightmare. I whole-heartedly believe this is how they avoid negative reviews. I contacted their company headquarters and they stated that since the business is franchised, they couldn't help me. I have since filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and am awaiting the results.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

The cleaning ladies were always on time, and performed an excellent job. They were well trained in how to clean. Sometimes, we had different ladies. The ladies came in and got busy. If I ask for something more than the usual, the ladies did whatever I ask. Once, when there was a death in the family, the ladies prepared potato salad, chicken salad and a cake for our company. We considered the services of the cleaning ladies to be such a luxury, that we would have stopped eating to be able to keep them. It never came to that and we were so thankful. If someone ask me for a recommendation for household chores, we always gave the cleaning company great praise. We hated to move and not be able to use the cleaning service anymore.

Get expert buying tips about Cleaning Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

Very useful. Did everything I needed. Answered every question I had. Did everything they could to help my sorry ** figure out how maids even worked. Cleaned the house perfectly, left it spotless. Very friendly, came on time, nothing stolen, followed instructions exactly and without any hint of hesitation. Constantly on time. Never later than expected. They get the job done quickly, cleanly and efficiently. Never fails me. They work very diligently. Great price. The job is done very well every time, never missing a beat. Couldn't get a better value if there was a free maid service out there.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

Very friendly and on time every time. They always do a great job when in the home and respectful. They do great job with all the messes kids leave them and never seem to be upset. Always get out the spots I can't. Best service around. Highly recommend. They always do more than expected and ours even use green products to help save the environment. They finish the job in a timely matter. They never rush through the job, they make sure that they use a green product when in my home since I asked, and have no problem organizing my children's toys. I have never had an issue with the price since the job they do is worth way more than I have ever paid. When you get them you always get more than you pay for.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

The cleaning service was amazing as experience, just select the most popular with the highest reputation and you will be totally satisfied with their work. The girls are very friendly, very well trained, they work together in a timely manner, they follow all your instructions very well and they can be trusted. I was amused of how my household was looking by the end of the day. I hired the service for 4 hours because I considered that was too much to do. These girls are highly trained to do the job, are very responsible with time and everything, I trust them to living alone in the house and not being in the middle but I have pointed before, hired the best Company with the best reputation. What I pay for was widely worthy for the service received, I would not think twice when I need the cleaning service in hiring this Company again and is the only one I can truly recommend.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about You've Got Maids?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

Love this service. They were professional. I was pleased with results. Sure I will contact them again. Highly recommended with the services. Great business and no complaints at all. They cleaned everything perfectly, what a great service. Highly Recommended business. You should try it. These are the best cleaning services out there. They were on time arriving and finishing. Everything was done to my pleasure, this service rocks. For price of it, this is the best value you can get guaranteed. If you didn't try it you won't be sorry.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

I love their customer service. Whenever I contact them I get the best service that I expect. I am greeted with warm welcomes and every question is addressed and answered to my liking. Also I recommended this company to a few family and friend members. I usually recommend companies that I have had a great experience with. If I am treated poorly I don't want anyone else to have to go through that so I can honestly say that great customer service mean the world to me.

Time is important so to be punctual says a lot about the character of people and their product and I have received everything in timely matter and I really appreciate every bit of it. My perceived value is what I expect for myself and I value myself Godly therefore I want that back in return. I prefer peaceful and drama free environments so that is what I give off to others.

Original review: July 13, 2016

They were kind and friendly. They worked diligently and cleaned anything and everything in the house. They were never in the way nor did they complain about anything the whole time. The best quality I have ever seen in a maid service. They were so experienced. It was crazy how fast they cleaned the whole house. You wouldn't believe your eyes. They were so reliable. I trusted them so much as they were respectful of my things while they were cleaning the house. They were awesome at getting things done quickly. The value of them was so amazing. For the price it costs to pay them was well worth it considering the amount of work they did in the short amount of time they cleaned.

Original review: April 16, 2016

The customer service was amazing. They were nothing but nice and very meticulous at their jobs which made them good at what they do. They did everything at a timely manner and went BEYOND what I expected. I have two dogs who shed a lot and they made my house look incredible. I didn't recognize it. Amazing services. My experience was great. They cleaned my house impeccably well. The house was spotless. It was an amazing job overall. On a scale from 1-10 I give the service a 50.

It was very reliable work. It was great enough for me to want to hire them again and recommend them to family and friends. I am and forever will be a loyal customer because of the reliability that this company has created. The value was great. It was a little bit more high than others but I recommend it. The work was great. The service was superb. They were beyond nice and absolutely reliable. It's a job worth your money. Definitely would recommend them over and over again.

Original review: April 12, 2016

They are very courteous and respectful. They know just what to do and ask about all you need. Had my house clean in a jiff and ready for guests in no time. As I looked around my house, noticed they got to some spots I couldn't get to. I was amazed how easy they made my house sparkle. They truly are amazing to have. They were on time and didn't hesitate to get any job done. I don't think there's any job too big or small. They are energetic and cheery people. It's always a pleasure to have their help. Value is worth it in every single way. I don't regret spending even 1 penny on this service. They deserve to be tipped. Their price is very reasonable.

Original review: April 1, 2009

First time hiring a maid service. You've Got Maids... gives you an estimate over the phone, estimating the number of maids needed, number of maid hours needed with maid hourly rate. They have your credit card number before service. If not home they require your key. They prefer to fax all info and have you fax back a signed form. If they arrive and can not get in you get billed for entire amount estimated. Contract was for 52 point cleaning service plus extra items over and above. $38.00 per maid hour estimating 5.2-6.2. hours. Day of service 3/11/09 between 10:45/11:45 am. We were asleep and had no knowledge that they left an e-mail and phone message hours prior stating they moved the time to 9:15 am.

At 9:15 am they arrived without talking with us. The maids had no idea they were to do the 52 point cleaning service and extra items. They had to call the office yet they had the sheet in hand. I had to speak with the manager and this all took around 15 minutes to sort out and the maids jaws wide open as they re-read the work order. I was billed for this time. Upon completion I was told all work was completed. I took their word that this was true. However, it was a lie. They had not completed almost all of the extra items and many in the 52 point with many items done poorly. I was billed for 7.25 maid hours when they only worked 1 hour 45 minutes but in my home for 2 hours. I complained to Frank Berger CEO letting him know how unhappy I was. Mr. Berger brought religion into it trying to use it to get himself forgiven. I told him I wanted no adjustment that he scam me for 2 hours and I would be filing complaints on his business practices.

This company has a 24 hour service guarantee however and they love to shove it down your throat. Frank refused to accept his failure to provide services promised and in sending maids out early without approval causing customer hardship and taking more money they owed from two disabled people. I will not allow his maids back in to my home because they lied to me. His warranty is worthless when you discover how he scams people.

Not sure about You've Got Maids?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Cleaning Services for you.

You've Got Maids expert review by ConsumerAffairs

You've Got Maids focuses on cleaning houses and residential spaces, and it has franchises across the United States. You've Got Maids provides rigorous maid training and promises to send homeowners only high-quality, trustworthy cleaners.

• Maid University: You've Got Maids uses a custom education course called Maid University to ensure the people cleaning your house are well-trained and prepared to clean a residential space.

• Ballpark estimator service: The Ballpark Estimator allows customers to enter information about their home and receive a rough estimate of how much a house cleaning will cost.

• Guarantee: The company guarantees to come back and re-clean any area a customer is unhappy with, free of charge.

• Selective hiring process: You've Got Maids is extremely selective in its hiring process and only hires 1 percent of people who apply.

• Management structure: The company has a management structure for quality control where each employee answers to a supervisor, and each supervisor answers to the company's quality-control manager, ensuring high-quality cleaning.

• Best for: Homeowners who want to ensure they invite a trustworthy, high-quality cleaner into their home.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Mount Pleasant
    SC
    www.youvegotmaids.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business