4.33/5
Based on 15 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Yamaha Generators

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: July 18, 2017

15 Yamaha Generators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: July 18, 2017

It's very well made compared to the previous generator I owned. I made a list of different brands and then compared them in price, run time, power output. In the end I went with the Yamaha because it was the cheapest but offered good performance. I like that it's portable but has a lot of power. It always starts right away when I start it and haven't had any problems with it. But I'd want it to run longer and have a better ignition than pull start. It would make it a lot better but they're not must haves. Also it would be nice if it wasn't so loud.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I went to Home Depot and talked to someone from their floor crew, then did the same with Lowe's. I found the Lowe's staff member to be more knowledgeable, and he suggested I get the Yamaha. So I purchased the Yamaha and haven't looked back. I like the durability and reliability. Works every time I need it, which is something I haven't had so much luck with in the past with generators. Probably the best one yet. Couldn't be more satisfied and I will most likely stick with this brand in the future.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 14, 2017

I got this generator from Amazon and it took four days to get here. I saw that Yamaha made generators. I had to buy it because they have made great stuff in the past I liked. I was right. This generator is great and a must have for a power out or camping trip. I like the color and how powerful it is compared to other generators. It also lasts for a very long time running a good amount of power. It is very very quiet when it is on. That's my best part about it. However, it would be great if it could stay on for about eight days straight and not need any gas. I wish it was more lightweight too.

Original review: July 9, 2017

Yamaha motors are easily the best of the best and this generator is small lightweight and quite powerful which is key especially when you have to put it on the back of an ATV. I first researched it online and looked at possibly buying it online but later went with heading to a Yamaha dealer where I looked at the options available and bought the best one that would fit my needs. It also runs forever on 1 tank of gas. It’s a perfect little power house that will last forever. Maybe the pull start will wear over time but I don’t see that being a problem for a long time.

Original review: July 3, 2017

This machine is great. I began with an online search of the Home Depot, and determined they had it in stock and at that price. The next step was to drive to the Home Depot, and actually make the purchase. I paid cash so the process was simple. I like that on my Generator there are the 6 outlets and the 220 side, also it is easy to start, and runs for 8 hours. It also has an overheat alarm and an emergency shut off. It has a frame that is equipped with wheels, and a wheel lock too. It has performed flawlessly, and met every one of my expectations. I would buy the same brand again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Yamaha Generators?

Original review: May 30, 2017

The generator was on sale and I knew the name Yamaha plus recommended so got it at an attractive price. There were other options but this generator had good look and feel. It was easy to carry since light and portable so I could use it for tailgating. It is powerful for all my needs and the brand is reliable as well. The product works great.

Original review: May 29, 2017

I did a lot of research online and looked in store. I only wanted one that would be used as backup for small power outs. Mostly for food to not go bad. I stock pile food and would not be happy if it went bad. I have no family or friends who could keep that much food for me at one time until power came back on. The Yamaha generator is much quieter than the others I looked at and is smaller. However, it is heavy for me to move, type of gas needed. But for the money and what I want it for, it's good.

Original review: May 26, 2017

Yamaha Generators offered the best value. It was clean, provided great wattage, and easy to use. It's a brand I trust. I like that it can generate electricity without the need to be plugged up. It's like having a mini portable power plant at your side. I find the generator to be quite useful and I love using it in the winter to save on electricity. It helps to keep the house warm. It also helps in the summer to keep the house cool.

Original review: May 25, 2017

Yamaha Generators power my house during storm outages without any issues. It meet my initial expectations by powering my house during a thunderstorm. It saved me so much money by keeping the freezer and refrigerator going. It also had a warranty that I really like. However, I would make it more lightweight and ready to maneuver to take to job sites. Mine is too heavy to lift on my own.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I selected Yamaha Generators because I read online reviews and the majority of them were positive. My initial expectations were met, but with disappointment, because I did expect it to be loud, and that met my expectation. It makes a lot of noise. I have to wear ear protection whenever I use this as to not impair my hearing, and I'm sure that it disturbs anyone that's 500 feet within me. But, the fuel to power generated ratio is very efficient and it lasts for a very long time with just a little bit of fuel. It really comes in handy when there are blackouts or power outages.

Original review: May 21, 2017

Yamaha is known for very high grade vehicles, so I automatically drifted towards it. Even though it was pricey I always believe quality over quantity and it was the greatest decision I've made. I've had this same generator running for about 4 years and there are many features I love about it. My power went out and my family lasted a week on the Yamaha generator. Barely noticed the power outage. It was definitely worth it. However, the gas storage could be better for the amount of money that was paid. Other than that I love the generator and would buy two more if possible.

Original review: May 20, 2017

I went to the store and searched a few different brands of generator until ultimately deciding on Yamaha. I know the brand well, they make products that have worked in the past. I like how efficient it is, and it is incredibly reliable. It very high functioning too and is versatile and easy transportable. It has always served me well. But I wish that it would be more quiet. It runs very loud and is very disturbing. There has to be some sort of way to dampen the noise a little bit.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I love camping so I really need something to use while camping, that's why I decided to start looking for many different generators to use. I found the Yamaha one and it worked very well. Great product. I like the fact that the generator doesn't require a ton of gas. It has many different features and functions, a ton of things like the fact that you can have multiple things connected to it without draining the power easily. I would definitely buy another one if this one broke. However, I don't like the fact that it's heavy, I wish that it was lighter so I could carry it around and take it to many more places.

Original review: May 18, 2017

Decided I needed one and it was affordable. Went to Walmart's and they had it on the shelf, last one so I grabbed it. Got it for my dad initially but now I use it a lot and it's good. Got home, fired her up and she was purring like hillbilly in a barn. Also, last longer than I expected and pretty chill motor, too. However, smell and noise are horrible and it's really bulky but still easy to transport if you have a pick up.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I selected Yamaha Generators after it was recommended by a family member. Went to the hardware store and shopped several models with my family member that recommended this one. Liked the weight almost immediately since I am not that strong. It was lighter than I first thought it was going to be, easy to start and the refueling process was much nicer than I thought. It provided more than enough power to the setup I used at the tailgate I hosted. Never had a doubt after the first hour I was going to have a good time with no worries. But like most generators this one had the same problem that others did, the exhaust was nasty. There needs to be a way to make less exhaust or at the least add some sort of filter for the smell.

Yamaha Generators expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Yamaha has been designing and manufacturing a wide range of products for over 130 years, including musical instruments, electronics and power sports equipment. It began making generators in 1973 and today offers 14 models of inverter and premium-grade industrial generators.

• Inverter generators: Yamaha’s line of inverter generators includes eight models ranging in output from 1,000-6,300 watts. Models come with varying special features, but most include a fuel petcock to prevent stale gas and gummed-up carburetors, a smart throttle that changes speed based on load and an oil watch warning system that prevents engine damage caused by low oil levels.
    • Industrial generators: Yamaha has six models of premium-grade industrial generators that range in output from 2,600-12,000 watts. These industrial, portable generators are ideal for camping, tailgating and other outdoor activities, as well as running home appliances in emergency circumstances. Most industrial models can provide around eight hours of power on a single tank of fuel. Yamaha includes an online chart under each model that shows the capabilities and applications of each unit.
    • Included accessories: Yamaha includes free generator oil, fuel protection and shipping on all of its generators. Orders received by 12:00pm CST will ship on the same day.
    • Warranties: All Yamaha generators come with a three-year limited warranty with the option of adding up to six years of an extended warranty at an additional cost.
    • Pricing: Prices for the inverter generators range from $791.10-$3,689.10 depending on the output capacity. Prices for the industrial models range from $749-$3,959.10 depending on the output capacity.
    • Best for: consumers wanting a portable generator for tailgating or outdoor activities.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs